PDA

View Full Version : Through My Eyes: Billy Winn explains his fumble recovery vs. Tampa Bay

Denver Native (Carol)
10-06-2016, 09:59 PM
Guys like me don’t usually get to make plays like my fumble recovery, so I had to make the most of it.

I had literally just put a guy on the ground and I look up and the ball is just sitting there.
I’m like, "Oh my goodness!" I’m a kid in the candy store at this point.

I jump up, grab the ball and tried to make a little move, but by the time I made that move someone had already jumped on my back to tackle me.

Aqib Talib had been calling for the ball. I knew he wanted it. He wanted me to pitch it to him.

But he wasn’t going to get the ball from me, because like I said, guys like me don’t usually get to make plays like that. Plus, Aqib already had two interceptions.

Joking aside, that’s the best part about playing in Defensive Coordinator Wade Phillips' defense, though. It’s not just one or two guys making plays on the field. Wade’s defense allows all 11 guys to make plays. It allows everyone to have a part, have a role.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-throughmyeyes/Through-My-Eyes-Billy-Winn-explains-his-fumble-recovery-vs-Tampa-Bay-/5433f3c2-c52e-442c-b0c8-758bfc1bcc3e

Simple Jaded
10-06-2016, 11:15 PM
Makes you wonder if Winn can play Center.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-07-2016, 12:20 AM

I want you to hear your mothers voice

"You take that back right now young man"

Simple Jaded
10-07-2016, 12:23 AM
I want you to hear your mothers voice

"You take that back right now young man"

I can actually see her stomping her foot and wagging her finger.

Valar Morghulis
10-07-2016, 01:25 PM

I think we might need to openly admit we were wrong about paradis!!

Simple Jaded
10-08-2016, 01:53 AM
I think we might need to openly admit we were wrong about paradis!!

Ok, you first though, show me the way.

He did suck though.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-08-2016, 02:05 AM
Ok, you first though, show me the way.

He did suck though.

He was playing possum.

Valar Morghulis
10-08-2016, 02:25 AM
Ok, you first though, show me the way. He did suck though.

Here goes, I believe with hindsight I was wrong to assume paradis sucked balls and that Garcia should be our starting centre. I also love Boise.

Simple Jaded
10-08-2016, 03:21 AM
Here goes, I believe with hindsight I was wrong to assume paradis sucked balls and that Garcia should be our starting centre. I also love Boise.

Oh man, speaking of, Garcia struggling as bad as any OL. I Love the Broncos.

Valar Morghulis
10-08-2016, 04:13 AM
Oh man, speaking of, Garcia struggling as bad as any OL. I Love the Broncos.

To clarify, my love of Boise is only part of my superficial apology regarding paradis.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-08-2016, 12:24 PM
To clarify, my love of Boise is only part of my superficial apology regarding paradis.
...but you started so well. Insolent Brit!

Boise loves you too my friend.

Simple Jaded
10-08-2016, 08:24 PM
Hey I didn't know we were apologizing! What the ass?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-08-2016, 08:39 PM
Hey I didn't know we were apologizing! What the ass?

There's no need to grovel buddy. We can stop discussing it. The fact you admitted not only were wrong, but so wrong it's embarrassing is good enough.

Simple Jaded
10-08-2016, 08:43 PM
There's no need to grovel buddy. We can stop discussing it. The fact you admitted not only were wrong, but so wrong it's embarrassing is good enough.

It may have been embarrassing for mere mortals but I have an unmatched tolerance to being wrong.