PDA

View Full Version : Broncos, Bucs mix it up during weather delay

Denver Native (Carol)
10-04-2016, 08:45 PM
ENGLEWOOD—They were out there in pouring rain as stiffness and soreness had begun to set in to their bodies following a lengthy in-game delay.

The game was essentially finished, as evident by Tampa Bay’s white-flag surrender punt on Denver’s side of the field with 7 minutes, 22 seconds remaining. The Denver Broncos were trouncing the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 27-7, but the game had to be finished, no matter the uncomfortable conditions.

Frustration was high and tempers were short. Before the teams finished their post-weather delay stretch, as CBS viewers were taking in the start of 60 Minutes, the two sides engaged in a pushing, shoving and cap bill flipping incident that involved a member of the Broncos’ equipment staff.

As players from both sides were stretching on opposite sides of the field, Broncos rookie Riley Dixon started warming up with Australian-style punts that travelled to the Bucs’ side of the field. The Bucs punter was kicking balls to the Broncos’ side of the field, too.

The Bucs, though, were a little more irritated. As a member of the Broncos’ equipment staff went back to catch Dixon’s punts, a few Bucs’ players started telling at him to get out. Next thing you know, some Broncos’ players said No. 78, who is listed as backup Tampa Bay offensive tackle Gosder Cherilus, walked over and knocked off the equipment guy’s Broncos’ ball cap.

Broncos safety Shiloh Keo, who was inactive because of a right knee injury, was standing along the sideline toward where the Broncos’ were stretching when he noticed the disturbance.

Keo ran over for support.

“Honestly, I thought they were being jerks,’’ Keo said of the Buc players. “Here’s a guy who was trying to help them out by giving them a heads up. I think they got sour and took it the wrong way. And every day we’re taught to fight for each other. To me it doesn’t matter if you’re a player, a coach or somebody who works in the organization, we’re going to look after our own.’’

rest - http://www.9news.com/sports/broncos-bucs-mix-it-up-during-weather-delay/328913365

TXBRONC
10-04-2016, 08:54 PM
It doesn't sound like it was huge deal, but you never know what the League is going to do.

chazoe60
10-04-2016, 09:02 PM
Good on Keo. I'm probably in a bit of a minority but I like Keo. I thought he showed a ton of improvement last year and filled in admirably after injuries hit our safety depth pretty hard.

As far as the chippiness goes I think it was fairly understandable considering the difficult situation with the rain delay. I played football and about an hour after a game is when the soreness would start really setting in so I can only imagine how that felt to have to go back out and finish a game in shitty weather after an hour delay. You could see both sides getting feisty at the end of the game.

I Eat Staples
10-04-2016, 09:05 PM
That Riley Dixon is such a troublemaker.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-04-2016, 09:21 PM
Good on Keo. I'm probably in a bit of a minority but I like Keo. I thought he showed a ton of improvement last year and filled in admirably after injuries hit our safety depth pretty hard.

As far as the chippiness goes I think it was fairly understandable considering the difficult situation with the rain delay. I played football and about an hour after a game is when the soreness would start really setting in so I can only imagine how that felt to have to go back out and finish a game in shitty weather after an hour delay. You could see both sides getting feisty at the end of the game.

I like Keo too....dude plays with heart.

Tned
10-04-2016, 10:06 PM

Yep, sounds like the kind of guy you wouldn't mind having a couple beers with..... and then letting him drive home, of course.

VonDoom
10-05-2016, 06:26 AM
They sorry

nevcraw
10-08-2016, 09:21 AM
Looks like the Broncos sack squad took out the squabble on poor Jameis... They were drilling him into submission post rain delay.