Tned
10-04-2016, 07:36 AM
Discuss.

TXBRONC
10-04-2016, 08:01 AM
Tbd

Tned
10-04-2016, 08:15 AM
Love these compilations the NFL is doing. Here's all of Lynch's throws from Sunday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6cB2h5wUx4

TXBRONC
10-04-2016, 08:49 AM
Love these compilations the NFL is doing. Here's all of Lynch's throws from Sunday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6cB2h5wUx4

The feed won't work here at forum.

Tned
10-04-2016, 08:55 AM
The feed won't here at forum.

Well, doesn't that suck.

Tned
10-04-2016, 08:56 AM
Have to click Watch on Youtube and you can see it there.

TXBRONC
10-04-2016, 09:02 AM
Have to click Watch on Youtube and you can see it there.

I just thought I would let you know. :D

Northman
10-04-2016, 09:13 AM
Cok6

CoachChaz
10-04-2016, 09:17 AM
Most talented QB on the roster

Krugan
10-04-2016, 10:32 AM
Has alot of potential.

When watching the game, i though alot of his passes looked low, or just not accurate. Watching the replay, i wasnt far off.

Im willing to guess, or at least give the assumption, that some of those issues could be nerves, im really hoping its not a sign.

I dont think, unless there is a must, that he needs to be passed the job. Young kid, developing, and still needs to figure it all out. So dont rush it, trevor is serviceable and has potential himself.

I do appreciate his stiff arm though, that was pretty nice.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-04-2016, 10:47 AM
His mobility, touch, and arm strength are easy to get excited about.

I'd like to give him time to develop.

Bronco4ever
10-04-2016, 12:16 PM
There's no way Brent would've looked that good coming off the bench, at least until his 4th season or so, and maybe not even then. I still hope he backs up Siemian for the time being. It'd be great if we can get him some mop up duty, but I think we know now he'll perform well if Siemian goes down again.

VonDoom
10-04-2016, 12:33 PM
Who? :confused:

MOtorboat
10-04-2016, 12:55 PM
I'd say yes, he can.

slim
10-04-2016, 12:58 PM
I'd say yes, he can.

He can what?

MOtorboat
10-04-2016, 01:00 PM
He can what?

Yes, he "is"

My apologies.

slim
10-04-2016, 01:04 PM
Yes, he "is"

My apologies.

No need to apologize, Mo!

We are all friends here!

MOtorboat
10-04-2016, 01:14 PM
No need to apologize, Mo!

We are all friends here!

Say you can, slim. Say you can.

Simple Jaded
10-04-2016, 08:48 PM
Five inaccurate throws, something like that, three completions with less than ideal placement.

TXBRONC
10-04-2016, 08:58 PM
Five inaccurate throws, something like that, three completions with less than ideal placement.

I wonder if throwing the ball away counts towards inaccuracy?

Tned
10-04-2016, 10:02 PM
I wonder if throwing the ball away counts towards inaccuracy.

I highly doubt it.

OrangeHoof
10-05-2016, 12:52 PM

Right. So let's cut him now before it gets worse. :rolleyes:

Tned
10-05-2016, 01:17 PM

Not bad for a rookie that didn't come from a pro ready offense that was thrown into relief work when the starter went down.

Most encouraging was that as the game went on, he became more and more accurate.

sneakers
10-05-2016, 04:03 PM
Discuss.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

Valar Morghulis
10-05-2016, 04:06 PM
I am pretty sure i once made the statement Brock will never be our starting quarterback.

I am going to call the same play on lynch. He will be traded for an offensive lineman in the off season.

I'm with Trevor.

Tned
10-05-2016, 07:39 PM
I am pretty sure i once made the statement Brock will never be our starting quarterback.

I am going to call the same play on lynch. He will be traded for an offensive lineman in the off season.

I'm with Trevor.

Ain't gonna happen.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2016, 08:18 PM

I'm with Trevor.
"Insolent Brit!"

That offensive lineman better be the next Orlando Pace.

Joel
10-06-2016, 04:23 AM
"Insolent Brit!"

That offensive lineman better be the next Orlando Pace.
For what it's worth, I'd take the Siemian and the next Orlando Pace in place of Siemian and Lynch in heartbeat and without a second thought. The odds are still against ANY of our QBs being the long term solution, but whoever that solution is will play 4 games/year with Justin Houston or Khalil Mack coming off the edge for the foreseeable future. Bearing in mind that the contract Okung wrote himself makes us VERY unlikely to exercise our 4-year option by the start of 2017.

Tned
10-06-2016, 06:48 PM
What Broncos are doing to try and get Lynch more comfortable in the pocket.

On QB Paxton Lynch’s youth in the huddle

“It’s just information we’re giving him and him giving it to everybody else and getting out of the huddle. That’s the biggest area where growth needs to take place with him, with all the verbiage and stuff because he didn’t do it in college. He’s made a lot of progress. We make him work with a 25 second clock on the practice field to make it even harder on him. He’s really grown from that standpoint. We can help him too.”

underrated29
10-06-2016, 07:12 PM

I'm with Trevor.

I like Trevor a lot too

But you shut your whore mouth!

DenBronx
10-06-2016, 07:39 PM

I'm with Trevor.

Believe me when I say this, Paxton is our long term franchise QB. I really like Trevor but Lynch has the IT factor. Once he catches up to the speed of the game I believe defenses are going to have to game plan just for him. He's a dual threat, very good arm and good on his feet for a big man.

Not saying it will happen this year but I'll be shocked if Lynch isn't our QB at the start of next season. I think the only thing that would keep Trevor as our starter would be very deep in playoffs or win a SB.

IMO, Lynch is ready now. I'd like to see what he can do against Atlanta. This is the perfect excuse for the Broncos to give him a look.

DenBronx
10-06-2016, 07:41 PM
And it sucks to say that because I think Trevor is also pretty damn good. But Lynch has a higher ceiling.

TXBRONC
10-06-2016, 09:42 PM
Believe me when I say this, Paxton is our long term franchise QB. I really like Trevor but Lynch has the IT factor. Once he catches up to the speed of the game I believe defenses are going to have to game plan just for him. He's a dual threat, very good arm and good on his feet for a big man.

Not saying it will happen this year but I'll be shocked if Lynch isn't our QB at the start of next season. I think the only thing that would keep Trevor as our starter would be very deep in playoffs or win a SB.

IMO, Lynch is ready now. I'd like to see what he can do against Atlanta. This is the perfect excuse for the Broncos to give him a look.

I agree that the thing that would keep Siemian in as the starter is deep playoff run or win in the Super Bowl. If Denver wins the Super Bowl with Siemian at the helm, then the job is his and I don't if Lynch wrestle it away from him. If Siemian made deep playoff but didn't play well that might not be enough to keep in as the starting quarterback.

Simple Jaded
10-06-2016, 11:25 PM
Right. So let's cut him now before it gets worse. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Traveler
10-07-2016, 05:06 AM
For what it's worth, I'd take the Siemian and the next Orlando Pace in place of Siemian and Lynch in heartbeat and without a second thought. The odds are still against ANY of our QBs being the long term solution, but whoever that solution is will play 4 games/year with Justin Houston or Khalil Mack coming off the edge for the foreseeable future.

Hate to do this to the forum, but you have got to be kidding me Joel. WTF are you talking about? The bolded portion is based on what?

Slick
10-07-2016, 01:03 PM
Hate to do this to the forum, but you have got to be kidding me Joel. WTF are you talking about? The bolded portion is based on what?

Denver should never draft a QB because the odds are against him.

slim
10-07-2016, 01:46 PM
Tony Sparano was ahead of his time....the wildcat is the wave of the future.

#noqbsnecessary

MOtorboat
10-07-2016, 01:53 PM

He's got to bitch about something, man.

tripp
10-07-2016, 02:09 PM
I do NOT want Siemian starting if he has any sort of issue with his shoulder this weekend. Take the time off and get healthy. Nothing is guaranteed where he won't get hit again 4+ times Sunday.

TXBRONC
10-07-2016, 06:49 PM
I do NOT want Siemian starting if he has any sort of issue with his shoulder this weekend. Take the time off and get healthy. Nothing is guaranteed where he won't get hit again 4+ times Sunday.

FWIW I just heard Sirus XM that he's probable.

DenBronx
10-08-2016, 06:20 PM
So looks like he is going to start.

Tned
10-08-2016, 06:51 PM

Against the worst pass defense in the league, so should be a good first start. Hopefully the Broncos can slow down the top offense in the league so he's not in a shootout.

Simple Jaded
10-08-2016, 09:03 PM

I think what he's saying, without saying, is that nobody has a future on this team until he says so. QB's and OL specifically.

TXBRONC
10-08-2016, 09:34 PM
I think what he's saying, without saying, is that nobody has a future on this team until he says so. QB's and OL specifically.

Also defensive backs, and runngbacks, and linebackers.

DenBronx
10-08-2016, 09:36 PM

Against the worst pass defense in the league, so should be a good first start. Hopefully the Broncos can slow down the top offense in the league so he's not in a shootout.

Matt Ryan is going to be on his ass all day. Atlanta is going to get brought back down to planet earth is what I am thinking.

Tned
10-08-2016, 10:10 PM
Matt Ryan is going to be on his ass all day. Atlanta is going to get brought back down to planet earth is what I am thinking.

I think there is a really good chance of that.

Simple Jaded
10-08-2016, 10:26 PM
Also defensive backs, and runngbacks, and linebackers.

That's where this gets more difficult, though, can those All-World OLB's play MLB or can those Hall of Fame CB's play S? And did that 5th string CB show a flash as a rookie?

TXBRONC
10-08-2016, 10:54 PM
That's where this gets more difficult, though, can those All-World OLB's play MLB or can those Hall of Fame CB's play S? And did that 5th string CB show a flash as a rookie?

Idk, it's best to ask Joel.

Simple Jaded
10-08-2016, 11:44 PM
Idk, it's best to ask Joel.

If only he didn't work so much.

Joel
10-09-2016, 01:57 AM
The fact that, even among first rounders, the vast majority of QBs drafted NEVER become more than journeyman, at best. If the point's still unclear, a couple days ago Tned posted a list of all first round QBs this century (http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/604688-Is-13-any-good?p=2536595#post2536595). I counted 66 in a quick scan; 18 are starters (and that's if we count Bridgewater AND Bradford, even though at least one would be a backup if both were healthy.) That's a little over ¼ of the last 16 years of first round QBs who weren't busts. Channel surfing today, I saw Brady Quinn doing booth commentary on the Oregon vs. Washington game: Siemian and Lynch are about TWICE as likely to have THAT career as an NFL career.

That's not a knock on either of them, just acknowledging what a crap shoot the draft is and how little we've seen of either of them in actual games. It's certainly not about anyone on the team having to pass my personal smell test (as certain people allege; personal pissing contests still have nada to do with football.

TXBRONC
10-09-2016, 08:04 AM
If only he didn't work so much.

It's a crying shame.