PDA

View Full Version : The Hood, the Good and the Bad: Week 4

BroncoWave
10-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Great, dominating win on the road against a decent Bucs team. I think we saw a glimpse of our future today.

The Hood:

Talib!!! So hype, so hood, basically won us the game as our entire first half offense came off his two picks.

The Good:

Lynch - Could not ask for anything more being pressed into his first action. I think this guy is the truth and his talent is clearly on a higher level than what Siemian can do. I hate to be reactionary, but I would not be against handing the reigns over now.

Sanders/DT - They both made some huge catches today. They were catching everything.

Wolfe - Beastly effort by him today. Was harassing Winston all day.

Dixon - Going to give him some props here. He had the one shaky line driver that got returned 15 yards, but other than that was very solid, consistently pinning them deep.

The Bad:

O-line - They were trash today. Yash level trash. It got a little better as the game went on, but they were on the struggle bus today.

The Weather - Hated the delay, but it gave me a chance to watch my boo Dak play, so it wasn't all bad.

Hard to come up with much bad in a 27-7 win. Solid, solid performance.

Nomad
10-02-2016, 08:05 PM
And I thought some wanted to trade Talib.

VonDoom
10-02-2016, 08:15 PM
Talib was great early when we needed him to be. He's playing at an insane level right now, which will be important when Julio Jones comes in here.

Wolfe was the man on defense as well. Couldn't be stopped.

Loved what I saw from Lynch. As I said in the other thread, I wouldn't make the switch yet, but I'm encouraged that he could go in there with no practice with the first team and deliver like that. He way overthrew those two deep balls but I think he was just too hype from getting into his first game.

The bad? Our running game was a mess for the second week in a row (though it picked up at the end - Kapri Bibbs amirite UR?) We had our "one inexplicable bad drive" on defense early and then shut them down, so that was fine. Still way too many penalties though (I think 9 for 88 yards - oof).

Hard to complain though. Great game. Too bad we had to wait around so long to see it end.

Simple Jaded
10-02-2016, 08:20 PM
Wave do you still get tears on the love letters you send Dak?

BroncoWave
10-02-2016, 08:22 PM
Wave do you still get tears on the love letters you send Dak?

Um, yeah, sure, that's the bodily fluid I get on them!

Simple Jaded
10-02-2016, 08:32 PM
Um, yeah, sure, that's the bodily fluid I get on them!

You should write him a country love song, he'll love it, you don't need no talent and it never fails.

Just think how loaded Denver will be at QB when they draft Sefo and you'll have to LOVE him more than Dak cause he's a Bronco.

You should name a star after him.

Simple Jaded
10-02-2016, 08:57 PM
I was impressed with Jordan Taylor today, I'm beginning to think he's not as bad as you guys think he is.

Simple Jaded
10-02-2016, 09:07 PM
Bad.

How bout Parks jumping over the back of the WR when the pass actually looked like it was intended for Parks and should have been another Int? Gave me Rahim Moore flashbacks.

BroncoWave
10-02-2016, 09:09 PM
Bad.

How bout Parks jumping over the back of the WR when the pass actually looked like it was intended for Parks and should have been another Int? Gave me Rahim Moore flashbacks.

That was horrible. I'll chalk it up to a rookie mistake but man that was a bad play. Gave me flashbacks of Tony Carter, AKA, worst Broncos player ever.

I Eat Staples
10-02-2016, 09:15 PM
Our 3rd down defense in general was bad in the 1st half. But as usual, Wade got that corrected and we dominated them in the 2nd half.

DenBronx
10-02-2016, 09:16 PM
The Good: I noticed when Tampa was pushing and shoving our guys, especially later in the game, that our players just walked away. That is a great sign of composure. Championship teams are disciplined and don't take dumb penalties. Good job guys!

Simple Jaded
10-02-2016, 09:22 PM
That was horrible. I'll chalk it up to a rookie mistake but man that was a bad play. Gave me flashbacks of Tony Carter, AKA, worst Broncos player ever.

I wouldn't bitch about it if Parks wasn't wagging his finger at the crowd ten minutes later after doing absolutely nothing whatsoever.

Traveler
10-02-2016, 09:29 PM
The Bad: Ty Sambrailo. Donald Stephenson, please hurry back!

Joel
10-02-2016, 10:30 PM
The bad: Beating the HELL out of DTs gimpy hip all game. Our bye can't come soon enough if it gets him, Ware, Stephenson and Green fully healthy.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-02-2016, 10:37 PM
Wolfe was better than good today. He led the team in tackles to go with his 2.5 sacks.

TXBRONC
10-02-2016, 10:45 PM
There isn't really anything to disagree about. I will say overall the offensive line was bad they but did a little better in the second half with some help from Lynch.

Tned
10-02-2016, 10:55 PM
Good : Wolfe, Lynch and Talib. Defense overall in 2nd half. Completely shut down Bucs offense in 3rd quarter.

Bad: offensive line was offensive both pass and block. Run game in first half, which was mostly due to line problems.

Hawgdriver
10-02-2016, 11:04 PM
Prefer you leave it as "the hood and the bad week 4" but nice all the same

BroncoWave
10-02-2016, 11:05 PM
Prefer you leave it as "the hood and the bad week 4" but nice all the same

Only Talib gets Hood status.

Simple Jaded
10-07-2016, 12:32 AM
Todd Davis sucks.