PDA

View Full Version : Man accused of trespassing at Broncos training center, threatening John Elway

Denver Native (Carol)
09-29-2016, 03:17 PM
A man posing as a Denver Broncos owner was arrested for trespassing after he threatened to “get” Broncos General Manager John Elway, authorities said Thursday.

Cordell Eric Robinson, 36, was charged with second-degree trespassing, a class 3 misdemeanor, on Monday following an incident in which he allegedly entered the UCHealth Training Center in Englewood and refused to leave, according to Julie Brooks, spokeswoman for Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office.

Robinson, who has a lengthy criminal history for mostly petty crimes, allegedly entered the media room of the Dove Valley facility at 7:13 a.m. and was taking pictures of a trophy cabinet when a security officer asked him to leave the building.

He refused, claiming that he was a Broncos owner, with a 20 percent stake in the team, Brooks said.

Robinson was ordered a second time to leave, she said.

At this point, Robinson yelled a threat to the security officer: “I’ll get you and Elway,” Brooks said.

She added that if deputies thought that was a threat, he would have been charged with that offense as well.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/09/29/man-accused-trespassing-broncos-training-center-threatening-john-elway/

BroncoJoe
09-29-2016, 03:35 PM
Probably a Raiders' fan.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-29-2016, 03:40 PM
We should have never let WTE back in.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-29-2016, 03:45 PM
From article:

At this point, Robinson yelled a threat to the security officer: “I’ll get you and Elway,” Brooks said.

She added that if deputies thought that was a threat, he would have been charged with that offense as well.

I am confused, why is what he yelled not a threat?

Buff
09-29-2016, 03:50 PM
If you **** with John Elway you **** with all of us! #pitchfork

BroncoJoe
09-29-2016, 03:53 PM
If you **** with John Elway you **** with all of us! #pitchfork

LETS GET HIM!!!!!!

MotherFu**er!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-29-2016, 03:59 PM
From article:

I think it's a bit of a jab, meaning the deputies didn't feel threatened by his stature so his not being charged with threatening an officer. :laugh:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-29-2016, 04:03 PM
I think it's a bit of a jab, meaning the deputies didn't feel threatened by his stature so his not being charged with threatening an officer. :laugh:

He certainly does not have a clean record. They might want to rethink that.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-29-2016, 04:04 PM
He certainly does not have a clean record. They might want to rethink that.

It might damage his street credibility

Denver Native (Carol)
09-29-2016, 05:48 PM
There is a picture of him on the DP article

LawDog
09-29-2016, 06:06 PM
From article:

I don't know the specific Colorado law, but in California a criminal threat requires the suspect to have intended their statement to be taken as a threat, and the victim to be in sustained fear. There is also a requirement that the threat be to kill or cause GBI to the victim. Based on the statement in the article, I would not file even a misdemeanor charge other than trespassing. Maybe disturbing the peace if he was causing a huge scene.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-29-2016, 07:43 PM
I don't know the specific Colorado law, but in California a criminal threat requires the suspect to have intended their statement to be taken as a threat, and the victim to be in sustained fear. There is also a requirement that the threat be to kill or cause GBI to the victim. Based on the statement in the article, I would not file even a misdemeanor charge other than trespassing. Maybe disturbing the peace if he was causing a huge scene.

Ah, I don't think it works that way in Idaho. Thanks for the education.

FanInAZ
09-29-2016, 07:55 PM
Elway shouldn't call the police, he should've called Von Miller :nod:

Az Snake
09-29-2016, 08:29 PM
Probably a Raiders' fan.

It was the twitter guy from Houston.

FanInAZ
09-29-2016, 08:41 PM
From article:

Setting aside common scene & focusing on what is actually provable in a court of law, he did claim to be a 20% owner. Maybe he truly believes this to be true & he was "going to get" the security officer & Elway by getting them both fired. I know, I used my wild imagination to come up with this scenario, but this is lawyers do.

ShaneFalco
09-29-2016, 09:47 PM
i am 50% owner

i am the blood of the city

Simple Jaded
09-29-2016, 10:20 PM
Ah, I don't think it works that way in Idaho. Thanks for the education.

Why, what are you planning?

FanInAZ
09-29-2016, 10:25 PM
i am 50% owner

i am the blood of the city

I thought Bowlen was 51% & Elway was 49% in order to protect Bowlen from any mutiny that Elway might do. Not that Elway would do that, but its like a prenuptial agreement just in case things go wrong.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-29-2016, 10:27 PM
Why, what are you planning?
To conquer the northern swath of Colorado. I just need to make sure people don't feel threatened in the process.

Simple Jaded
09-29-2016, 10:41 PM
To conquer the northern swath of Colorado. I just need to make sure people don't feel threatened in the process.

I'm in.

Joel
09-29-2016, 10:48 PM
Elway shouldn't call the police, he should've called Von Miller :nod:
Pfft, Talib's probably at the dudes house right now with a set of brass knuckles, just waiting for the poor dumb SOB to fall asleep....

Denver Native (Carol)
09-30-2016, 03:58 PM
A man arrested for trespassing at the Denver Broncos headquarters was violent and made threatening and bizarre gestures and statements, including saying he could do something “crazy” and that he would get Broncos General Manager John Elway.

“He started saying that he had Elway’s blood and the queen’s blood in his arms and that he is suing the organization for money owed to him,” Broncos’ security guard Paul Timmons wrote in an Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Department report released Friday.

During the confrontation early Monday morning, Timmons called 911, and Cordell Eric Robinson Jr., 36, was arrested and charged with second-degree trespassing. The arrest warrant affidavit and supplemental reports contradict a tweet by Denver Broncos spokesman Patrick Smyth that the incident was a “very minor disturbance in our lobby handled by security.”

The arrest warrant affidavit and supplemental reports indicate that Timmons told a dispatcher that Robinson was a “violent male.” Although he attempted to take Robinson down to control him, Robinson pushed past Timmons, and an Arapahoe County Sheriff’s deputy arrested him.

When contacted about the report Friday, Smyth reiterated that it was a minor incident.

“It was handled by our security and we’ve moved on. Really,” Smyth said. “I’m sure they’ll look at this incident, review it and make any necessary changes.”

Timmons, an off-duty Aurora police officer who injured his hand during the confrontation, wrote that he felt Robinson “could do something crazy.” Timmons wrote in a report that Robinson had entered an area of the Broncos Dove Valley training facility in Englewood that was off limits to the public. Signs were posted saying the area was for media only, sheriff’s records indicate.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/09/30/broncos-training-center-intruder-showed-signs-mental-instability/

FanInAZ
09-30-2016, 05:57 PM
rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/09/30/broncos-training-center-intruder-showed-signs-mental-instability/

I nominate this for least surprising article of the week :nod:

Simple Jaded
09-30-2016, 09:41 PM
Pfft, Talib's probably at the dudes house right now with a set of brass knuckles, just waiting for the poor dumb SOB to fall asleep....

Finally starting to realize how important Talib is to this team?

That's good, good way to be. Stay golden.

Poet
09-30-2016, 10:58 PM

I think I love you.

LawDog
09-30-2016, 11:55 PM
I think I love you.

Get in line David Cassidy.

MOtorboat
10-01-2016, 01:50 AM
Josh?

Is that you?

#setback10years

Simple Jaded
10-01-2016, 03:11 PM
That's it! He was sent to bug the place by the Cheatriots.

#ifyoucantbeatthemcheat