PDA

View Full Version : The Good and the Bad: Week 3

BroncoWave
09-25-2016, 03:07 PM
What a win! Could not be happier to be 3-0 after 3 games against good teams. This could be another special year.

Good:

Siemian - I was harder than anyone on him in the first half, but no way not to put him on this list. Made some great deep throws and he was just incredible in the second half. He really grew up today.

Sanders - Huge game by him. He just always shows up, game after game after game.

DT - Been a while since I have put him on this list, but he earned it with those two big 4th quarter catches. He still has some WTF moments, but the good outshined the bad today.

Ray - He had a really nice game today in place of Ware. Did a nice job getting after the passer.

Von - On the board again with that late sack. On pace for 26 sacks this year. DPOY here he comes!

Pass defense - No one really stands out as having had an awesome game, but we shut down the pass game for the most part today. Really solid effort all around. Many of Dalton's yards were in that late game garbage time.

Bad:

Pass protection. Siemian was running for his life a bunch today, especially early on, but to their credit he did have more time later in the game.

Run D. Again, this improved greatly as the game moved on, but it was a strugglefest early.

Bibbs - Only time we heard his name today was on the stupid late hit on the kickoff return. And we kept this scrub on the team over Hillman for special teams? SMH

It was really hard to think of much to put in the bad column in this game, so I had to nitpick. Really solid game in all three phases today. Great win.

slim
09-25-2016, 03:10 PM
Lol on your Hillman love.

underrated29
09-25-2016, 03:54 PM
Bibbs makes late tackles, hillman turns the ball over.

Valar Morghulis
09-25-2016, 03:56 PM
Bibbs makes late tackles, hillman turns the ball over.

What about that great run from my Cody.......

VonDoom
09-25-2016, 04:05 PM
The good - Ray was a beast. He basically single handedly kept the Bengals out of FG range after the turnover. Sanders balled out again - love the dude. I was also hard on Siemian early, but he was great in the second half. That was the poise of a veteran out there. Also, add Riley Dixon to that list. He was crapped on a lot after the first game, but he was booming them out there.

The bad? The DT fumble, but he made up for it. I'd say the run defense, especially early. And our run game on offense was brutal this week. We'll need that back. Then again, if we can win both running and passing (which we've now shown), we can be incredibly dangerous.

Simple Jaded
09-25-2016, 04:06 PM
Potroast. ASJ. Eugene Monroe.

Edit, and Karlos Williams.

Poet
09-25-2016, 04:34 PM
What a win! Could not be happier to be 3-0 after 3 games against good teams. This could be another special year.

Good:

Siemian - I was harder than anyone on him in the first half, but no way not to put him on this list. Made some great deep throws and he was just incredible in the second half. He really grew up today.

Sanders - Huge game by him. He just always shows up, game after game after game.

DT - Been a while since I have put him on this list, but he earned it with those two big 4th quarter catches. He still has some WTF moments, but the good outshined the bad today.

Ray - He had a really nice game today in place of Ware. Did a nice job getting after the passer.

Von - On the board again with that late sack. On pace for 26 sacks this year. DPOY here he comes!

Pass defense - No one really stands out as having had an awesome game, but we shut down the pass game for the most part today. Really solid effort all around. Many of Dalton's yards were in that late game garbage time.

Bad:

Pass protection. Siemian was running for his life a bunch today, especially early on, but to their credit he did have more time later in the game.

Run D. Again, this improved greatly as the game moved on, but it was a strugglefest early.

Bibbs - Only time we heard his name today was on the stupid late hit on the kickoff return. And we kept this scrub on the team over Hillman for special teams? SMH

It was really hard to think of much to put in the bad column in this game, so I had to nitpick. Really solid game in all three phases today. Great win.

Siemian had a lot of nice and awful throws today. It's something that he overcame. Even if a few of those passes were picked, he still would have had a good game. Honestly if we knew at the start of the season what his turnover total would be right now we would be over the moon. FWIW, even Manning and Brady have had defenders drop picks on them, too. But he threws a great deep ball and showed a lot of improvement in the red zone.

Sanders is a versatile player and he abused Jones. All. Day. Long.

DT's TD was wonderful. He had a few nice catches and that third and seven conversion was great work.

Ray played like a style god. That young man got some sacks!

Von Miller is the best defender in the game. He got doubled A LOT! Even on running plays.

Talib was a god. Then again, he's the best corner in the game, so that's not a surprise.

For the pass protection, yeah that was rough. Siemian's mobility is a huge boon for us. Last year Cincinnati would have had at least two more sacks.

Bibbs self-styled. We know the rule about that.

DenBronx
09-25-2016, 04:43 PM
As much as I like Manning, it is really nice to see someone throw the ball with some zip, accuracy and a tight spiral. Trevor is only going to get better. With our WRs, run game and defense this team is the team to beat again this year.

Road goes through Denver boys!

Joel
09-25-2016, 07:40 PM
Every NFL team but one has figured out our lines right side; unfortunately, WE'RE that one. Pass protection's lagged run blocking for a while, but on the 2PATs well called and otherwise well executed shotgun draw Sambrailos downfield whiff left me wondering if Schofield was still the worst blocker on the field.

Siemian made up for that though; I also couldn't help thinking that if our line DID have a right side, we'd be unstoppable. It's like Kubiak never left: We're back to the '05 Broncos who always ran behind stud blockers on the left because we had NOTHING on the right. And once the rest of the NFL realized that too, they just loaded up the left side so it was impossible to run ANYWHERE. Get well soon, Stephenson.

underrated29
09-25-2016, 09:08 PM
As much as I like Manning, it is really nice to see someone throw the ball with some zip, accuracy and a tight spiral. Trevor is only going to get better. With our WRs, run game and defense this team is the team to beat again this year.

Road goes through Denver boys!

While I agree the Pats**** are going to be damn near unstopppable as soon as brady and lewis are back. Their defense is lights out better than last year. It is really good. Really good. And their offense is going to be the best in the league once those two are back. I really hate to say it but they are the team to beat I think. Fortunately, they have a tough road to get there and we do not, if we can get them at home in the playoffs (assuming they get thru pittsburg) we can knock them off again.

LawDog
09-25-2016, 09:23 PM
Every NFL team but one has figured out our lines right side; unfortunately, WE'RE that one. Pass protection's lagged run blocking for a while, but on the 2PATs well called and otherwise well executed shotgun draw Sambrailos downfield whiff left me wondering if Schofield was still the worst blocker on the field.

Siemian made up for that though; I also couldn't help thinking that if our line DID have a right side, we'd be unstoppable. It's like Kubiak never left: We're back to the '05 Broncos who always ran behind stud blockers on the left because we had NOTHING on the right. And once the rest of the NFL realized that too, they just loaded up the left side so it was impossible to run ANYWHERE. Get well soon, Stephenson.

Looked to me like Ty was favoring his injured right arm. Defender always beat him to that side.

Joel
09-25-2016, 10:18 PM
Looked to me like Ty was favoring his injured right arm. Defender always beat him to that side.
Logical; doesn't bode well either way.

BroncoJoe
09-26-2016, 01:00 PM
I don't remember, but did Siemian complete every pass in the 2nd half?

TXBRONC
09-26-2016, 01:04 PM

I remember seeing a stat at one point in the second where he was 9/9. (I think)

slim
09-26-2016, 01:07 PM

Close, but I think there were one or two incompletions in the 2nd half.

He really played well in the 2nd half.

VonDoom
09-26-2016, 01:13 PM

He went 10 for 11 in the second half - the only incomplete was actually the second down pass right before the TD to Thomas.

NightTrainLayne
09-26-2016, 01:14 PM
He went 10 for 11 in the second half - the only incomplete was actually the second down pass right before the TD to Thomas.

Wow. It was more a "tale of two halves" than I realized. He had as many incompletions in the 1st half as completions in the 2nd. ..

BroncoJoe
09-26-2016, 01:18 PM
Wow. It was more a "tale of two halves" than I realized. He had as many incompletions in the 1st half as completions in the 2nd. ..

#Kubiak
#halftimeadjustments
#Broncos

broncofaninfla
09-28-2016, 10:48 AM
Happy to get the win but the run defense did look weak in the first half. Marshall and Davis seemed to be missing responsibilities and taking bad angles. Hopefully they clean that up. I'm sure Tampa will test them early by running Sims straight up the gut.

VonDoom
09-28-2016, 11:01 AM
Happy to get the win but the run defense did look weak in the first half. Marshall and Davis seemed to be missing responsibilities and taking bad angles. Hopefully they clean that up. I'm sure Tampa will test them early by running Sims straight up the gut.

I saw somewhere on Twitter yesterday a breakdown from the all-22 of a couple of plays. The first was the big run against us early for like 50 yards. The Bengals did everything right on the play and it fooled us. Later they tried it again, and Marshall and Davis recognized it and shut it down. I can't remember all the specifics, but it seemed like we figured it out, and thankfully it wasn't too late.