PDA

View Full Version : José D. Fernández (July 31, 1992–September 25, 2016) RIP. He was 24

Broncoknight30
09-25-2016, 08:50 AM
In stunning and tragic news, one of baseball’s preeminent young stars, Marlins right-hander Jose Fernandez, died in a boating accident Saturday night, the team has confirmed. Fernandez was 24.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/09/jose-fernandez-dies-in-boating-accident.html

chazoe60
09-25-2016, 09:09 AM
Wow! That is terrible news. What an amazing young talent he was. So sad.

OrangeHoof
09-25-2016, 09:33 AM
Terrible news. One of baseball's most talented and controversial pitchers. RIP.

MOtorboat
09-25-2016, 09:45 AM
Stunning news.

Buff
09-27-2016, 01:37 PM
That ceremony last night and the Dee Gordon HR. Man. So sad for it to happen to such a good dude.

Buff
09-27-2016, 01:38 PM
Terrible news. One of baseball's most talented and controversial pitchers. RIP.

Controversial? Did you intend to use that word? He was universally beloved - maybe one of the least controversial players in the game.

chazoe60
09-27-2016, 01:50 PM
Controversial? Did you intend to use that word? He was universally beloved - maybe one of the least controversial players in the game.

I think the only beef he ever had was with the Braves maybe. I think I remember something about him and someone having a little bit of a fight but yeah I don't really see him as controversial at all. I loved to watch him pitch, he was dominating.

chazoe60
09-27-2016, 01:54 PM
I think the only beef he ever had was with the Braves maybe. I think I remember something about him and someone having a little bit of a fight but yeah I don't really see him as controversial at all. I loved to watch him pitch, he was dominating.

I just looked it up it was with the Braves. The Braves are such ********* though, that whole franchise has a stick up its ass.

Buff
09-27-2016, 03:59 PM

One of the purple row writers did an awesome tribute on twitter the other night and one of the tweets had an awesome picture of that... Basically - Fernandez pimped his first career HR, which was a bomb, and why not? Then they got all ******* butt hurt because they are a bunch of losers - and you see both benches arguing around homeplate and Fernandez had a big grin on his face. Bunch of joyless MF'ers couldn't bring him down.

MOtorboat
09-27-2016, 04:37 PM
One of the purple row writers did an awesome tribute on twitter the other night and one of the tweets had an awesome picture of that... Basically - Fernandez pimped his first career HR, which was a bomb, and why not? Then they got all ******* butt hurt because they are a bunch of losers - and you see both benches arguing around homeplate and Fernandez had a big grin on his face. Bunch of joyless MF'ers couldn't bring him down.

#brianmccann