PDA

View Full Version : If Shane Ray is doing it right, he “can’t be blocked.” And Broncos need him to step up.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-24-2016, 07:24 PM
Shane Ray rumbled into the end zone last Sunday and into another sphere. Linebackers so rarely score in the NFL. But here was Ray, in just his second season, sprinting past the goal line with a football in his hand in front of the home Broncos crowd.

Ray arrived in the NFL — or did he?

“I saw Shane and I was like, ‘Man, Shane, they took away your touchdown?!’ ” Broncos star Von Miller said. What, a yellow flag? All that celebrating for nothing? Some referee was about to steal Ray’s peak play?

“I kind of messed with him a little bit,” Miller said. “With Shane, that’s like a little brother to me. Even when it’s good, I just try to find a way to poke at him to get him going even more.”

Ray never wavered. The Broncos’ first-round pick last year may only be an NFL sophomore, but he knows not to be fooled. And one week after his breakout moment, in a game that left veteran weakside linebacker DeMarcus Ware with a broken arm, Ray’s rise may come just as quickly as he sprinted into the end zone.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/09/24/if-shane-ray-is-doing-it-right-he-cant-be-blocked-and-broncos-need-him-to-step-up/

turftoad
09-24-2016, 07:28 PM
It's showtime for him tomm. He needs to put on a performance.

TXBRONC
09-25-2016, 08:06 AM
It's showtime for him tomm. He needs to put on a performance.

This would be a be great time to have breakout game.

turftoad
09-25-2016, 10:45 AM
Just read Von will be double and triple teamed. Time for Ray to pin his ears back.

slim
09-25-2016, 03:23 PM
Check.