PDA

View Full Version : Jhabvala: Winner from Texans’ debacle vs. Patriots? John Elway

TXBRONC
09-24-2016, 06:35 PM
Let’s review the numbers: 13 drives, six punts, two fumbles, one interception, $72 million.

Brock Osweiler, in the spotlight of Thursday Night Football, was exposed against the Patriots and their third-string quarterback, Jacoby Brissett. There was no Tom Brady. No Dont’a Hightower. No Jimmy Garoppolo, even. And Rob Gronkowski was targeted only once and had zero catches.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/09/23/jhabvala-winner-from-texans-debacle-vs-patriots-john-elway/

I thought this was quite funny. :lol:

Northman
09-24-2016, 06:53 PM
Meh, the Texans are still 2-1 and if Denver loses tomorrow we will have the same record. Its not like the Texans are 0-3 but it was nice to see Brock brought back down to earth on Thursday.

Simple Jaded
09-24-2016, 10:13 PM
The same people who were critical of letting Brent go are now quick to point out that the DID try to keep him.

OrangeHoof
09-25-2016, 09:41 AM
Texan fans point out the Patriots game was already circled a loss before the season began and if, three weeks in, they were told they would start the year 2-1, they'd take it. Of course, when you play like a high school squad, that tends to throw appreciation for a 2-1 record right out the window.

Historically, the Texans have never been successful in the Northeast. One win in Buffalo I think is it.

Poet
09-25-2016, 11:40 AM
The same people who were critical of letting Brent go are now quick to point out that the DID try to keep him.

They tried to keep him -on a talented team with coaches familiar with him- for a more reasonable price. I can understand someone being upset to see him leave.

Joel
09-25-2016, 03:38 PM
They tried to keep him -on a talented team with coaches familiar with him- for a more reasonable price. I can understand someone being upset to see him leave.
Right, but whose fault is that? Osweilers decision was made when Kubiak benched him in a game we were losing, and rode the GoAT to the comeback and four straight wins culminating in a World Championship. Is Kubiak, Manning or Osweiler the villain there? Because after that, Oz wasn't coming back at ANY price. We can "blame" Elways refusal to pay Oz $10 million for each CAREER start (or $24 million for each career WIN) but it clearly didn't matter what Elway offered.

Oz made his choice, and borrowing the joke originally made about FAVRE just underscores how OVERinflated Oz' sense of self-worth is.

slim
09-25-2016, 03:41 PM
Meh, the Texans are still 2-1 and if Denver loses tomorrow we will have the same record. Its not like the Texans are 0-3 but it was nice to see Brock brought back down to earth on Thursday.

But we didn't lose....so now what?

Simple Jaded
09-25-2016, 04:09 PM

It's usually Stokley and Clough and the like here in Denver, Stok/Sandy were working together when Brent left and they lost they minds.

TXBRONC
09-25-2016, 08:12 PM

True, but they got blanked.