PDA

View Full Version : Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders: Speaking out is what leaders do.

Az Snake
09-23-2016, 08:08 PM
The Afternoon Drive with Eric Goodman and Les Shapiro discussed recent comments made by offensive players regarding the, well, lack of offensive points production by the Denver Broncos through two games.

“Some have tried to create controversy of the comments, but really this is what we should expect from leaders. It's their job to admit mistakes and talk about how to get better. In a few days, it will be time for them to back their words up with performance.

Former Broncos safety, Nick Ferguson, agrees and applauds the way both Sanders and Thomas handled things. We're just not used to the wide receivers being the voice of the offense.”

Link to AD podcast and Nick Ferguson's comments:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/9/22/13026018/demaryius-thomas-and-emmanuel-sanders-speaking-out-is-what-leaders-do

Simple Jaded
09-24-2016, 12:20 AM
A leader publically turns red zone issues into complaining about their own lack of stats?

Bullshit.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-24-2016, 12:26 AM
A leader publically turns red zone issues into complaining about their own lack of stats?

Bullshit.

Has he ever done that? Why don't you give the guy the benefit of the doubt?

He's always been a team guy.

Simple Jaded
09-24-2016, 12:36 AM
Has he ever done that? Why don't you give the guy the benefit of the doubt?

He's always been a team guy.

First of all, Sanders has been throwing little tantrums over poorly thrown passes since he got here, I love the dude, but it's pathetic.

As for DT, after this game (a win) a question about red zone issues turned into a platform to vent about the fact that "the best WR duo in the NFL" has zero "100 yard games".

It was only then that this became a narrative about their involvement in the offense as a whole, but it started out with a question about red zone issues.

I'm not telling them how to feel, I'm judging their role as leaders and how they are handling this. Point of fact, Rod Smith was on with Big Al and D-Mac, said he has no problem with being selfish but took issue with how today's athletes carry themselves.

Bol Al and Stink both think it's selfish and bullshit.

I'm just turned off by it, always have been.

Simple Jaded
09-24-2016, 12:54 AM
Silver quoted another anonymous player as saying "it's like they're wasting their money" with DT/Sanders, as if to say that the only thing the Broncos pay them for is 100 yard games. Apparently DT/Sanders instinct as leaders is to let the world know they're less than satisfied.

Dapper Dan
09-24-2016, 04:19 AM
Tell us what you really think about it and don't hold back this time.

Canmore
09-24-2016, 04:26 AM
Tell us what you really think about it and don't hold back this time.

Rock n roll. I think that in a game often determined by emotion, Thomas falls short. I'll take Sanders any day of the week.

Thomas, who is a superior player, often seems disinterested. Maybe it is my perception, but I do't think it goes unnoticed.

Give me Sanders.

Valar Morghulis
09-24-2016, 04:32 AM
About ten years ago, my favorite soccer team signed a Dutch player, a great player. But he never played with the Scottish heart shown by those without the Dutch guy's ability.... The fans never took to him until another player told him at least pretend to try for all the balls he deemed a lost cause etc etc.... The fans ended up loving him

Fans are stupid and fickle, but long after the player has gone, retired on his millions, those fickle fans will still be spending their wages following that team.

I think players should be aware of what fans want and at least try to appease them.

Imagine dt showed that heart....i wonder how much slack he would get on his next drop

Canmore
09-24-2016, 04:35 AM
About ten years ago, my favorite soccer team signed a Dutch player, a great player. But he never played with the Scottish heart shown by those without the Dutch guy's ability.... The fans never took to him until another player told him at least pretend to try for all the balls he deemed a lost cause etc etc.... The fans ended up loving him

Fans are stupid and fickle, but long after the player has gone, retired on his millions, those fickle fans will still be spending their wages following that team.

I think players should be aware of what fans want and at least try to appease them.

Imagine dt showed that heart....i wonder how much slack he would get on his next drop

Amen Dave!

I don't know personally what drives DThomas, but I love ESanders enthusiasm.

Dapper Dan
09-24-2016, 05:07 AM
What do you want him to do? Take a screen pass 50 yards downfield? Fight for a first down? He does these things.

Az Snake
09-24-2016, 06:24 AM
Emmanuel Sanders stretches out horizontally to make a catch time and time again.
He unselfishly puts his body on the line for the team over and over again.
Sanders knows he will take a big hit and still makes the catch.

I'm with Canmore, can't say that I know what makes DT tick but when he's on, he's on and then some.
Emmanuel Sanders definitely plays with all heart.
The dude makes me cringe the way he lays his body out.
That has to inspire his teammates. That is leadership by example.
I pray Emmanuel continues to hold up. Hits he takes are insane.

Dapper Dan
09-24-2016, 08:08 AM
I think a lot of it is how good DT is. He makes difficult shit look easy. He's a tall, lanky dude. Sanders is smaller than me.

Northman
09-24-2016, 09:03 AM
Silver quoted another anonymous player as saying "it's like they're wasting their money" with DT/Sanders, as if to say that the only thing the Broncos pay them for is 100 yard games. Apparently DT/Sanders instinct as leaders is to let the world know they're less than satisfied.

To some degree i understand Silver. You would think with the duo we have that it should be rather easy for them to put up big numbers constantly. But, we are also at the mercy of a very young QB (last year we had a young QB and a aging one who was far from his prime) so they cant throw the ball to themselves at this point. As frustrated as i get with DT at times i have to remember the good things that he does do like in the last game with the Colts. Him stretching out for that first down late in the game was HUGE to winning that game. Sometimes even the small things matter most and unfortunately we will have to survive the growing pains until we have a QB who can catch up to the talent we have on the field.

Valar Morghulis
09-24-2016, 09:34 AM
I think a lot of it is how good DT is. He makes difficult shit look easy. He's a tall, lanky dude. Sanders is smaller than me.

Remember the time you met Sanders

Dapper Dan
09-24-2016, 10:02 AM
Remember the time you met Sanders

How could I forget!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-24-2016, 10:16 AM
DT may not lay out for throws he doesn't think are catchable, but he's one of the best blocking receivers in the league, which demonstrates heart and a team first attitude.

Dapper Dan
09-24-2016, 10:18 AM
DT may not lay out for throws he doesn't think are catchable, but he's one of the best blocking receivers in the league, which demonstrates heart and a team first attitude.

You have to when you go to Georgia Tech. :lol:

Az Snake
09-24-2016, 10:41 AM
You have to when you go to Georgoa Tech. :lol:

Because of the Georgoa Gargantuans' historical running attack of course.
;)

Sanders and Thomas are veteran receivers and leaders regardless.
I think it's good for the Team these guys are putting pressure on the O to push it's potential and try to excel.

I Eat Staples
09-24-2016, 10:57 AM
Is DT the most underappreciated star player in Broncos history?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-24-2016, 11:02 AM

Probably, he's the best receiver we've ever had. He'll have every Broncos receiving record by a wide margin when he's done.

Dapper Dan
09-24-2016, 11:17 AM
Probably, he's the best receiver we've ever had. He'll have every Broncos receiving record by a wide margin when he's done.

Just think about how great he would be if he tried!

Simple Jaded
09-24-2016, 11:33 AM
To some degree i understand Silver. You would think with the duo we have that it should be rather easy for them to put up big numbers constantly. But, we are also at the mercy of a very young QB (last year we had a young QB and a aging one who was far from his prime) so they cant throw the ball to themselves at this point. As frustrated as i get with DT at times i have to remember the good things that he does do like in the last game with the Colts. Him stretching out for that first down late in the game was HUGE to winning that game. Sometimes even the small things matter most and unfortunately we will have to survive the growing pains until we have a QB who can catch up to the talent we have on the field.

I actually get the sense that their frustration is about the nature of Kubiak's offense, from all accounts the players love Siemian. Being a Kubiak fan I would love to pass it off on the young QB, I just don't get that feeling.

If you think about it, Kub/Shanatan system rarely/if ever features more than one Receiver at a time, gone are the days of multiple 100 yard receivers in a game.

Dapper Dan
09-24-2016, 11:51 AM
I actually get the sense that their frustration is about the nature of Kubiak's offense, from all accounts the players love Siemian. Being a Kubiak fan I would love to pass it off on the young QB, I just don't get that feeling.

If you think about it, Kub/Shanatan system rarely/if ever features more than one Receiver at a time, gone are the days of multiple 100 yard receivers in a game.

Even without the yards, TDs in the redzone instead of FGs would be great.

Simple Jaded
09-24-2016, 11:55 AM
Even without the yards, TDs in the redzone instead of FGs would be great.

Word, I've been a critic of the Broncos ZBS goaline/short yardage issues for over a decade. I see this OL being different though. I'd love to see Kubiak tap into this coaching staffs intimate knowledge of PFM's redzone offense, which I think is the best redzone offense I've ever seen.

BroncoWave
09-24-2016, 12:55 PM
Word, I've been a critic of the Broncos ZBS goaline/short yardage issues for over a decade. I see this OL being different though. I'd love to see Kubiak tap into this coaching staffs intimate knowledge of PFM's redzone offense, which I think is the best redzone offense I've ever seen.

I'd be happy if we could just take the baby step of replacing our 4 turnovers inside the 30 this year with 4 field goals. Just that would be a huge improvement.

Dapper Dan
09-24-2016, 01:00 PM
I'd be happy if we could just take the baby step of replacing our 4 turnovers inside the 30 this year with 4 field goals. Just that would be a huge improvement.

Low standards. What are we, Raiders fans?

spikerman
09-24-2016, 01:08 PM
I am shocked that there is any criticism of this offense as I have been called out multiple times for saying it has flaws.

Dapper Dan
09-24-2016, 01:10 PM
I am shocked that there is any criticism of this offense as I have been called out multiple times for saying it has flaws.

Oh. Well in that case.

You're such a hater. Why can't you just support the offense?

spikerman
09-24-2016, 01:11 PM
Oh. Well in that case.

You're such a hater. Why can't you just support the offense?

That's more like it. I just don't recognize juggernauts when I see them, I guess.

Dapper Dan
09-24-2016, 01:16 PM
You refs are always looking at the bad.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-24-2016, 01:18 PM
We've score at least 20 points both games with a qb starting who's never played before. Anyone can see the room for improvement. Likewise anyone should be able to see the improvement from last year and the upside this offense has, which is much greater than last year.

Simple Jaded
09-24-2016, 01:29 PM

You get called out for saying it "has flaws"? And when did anybody calling you out say it was a juggernaut?

spikerman
09-24-2016, 01:45 PM
You get called out for saying it "has flaws"? And when did anybody calling you out say it was a juggernaut?
Hmmm. Your response seems a bit defensive.

Simple Jaded
09-24-2016, 01:50 PM
Hmmm. Your response seems a bit defensive.

Was it something I said?

TXBRONC
09-24-2016, 02:57 PM

No, Britton Colquitt is.

Dapper Dan
09-24-2016, 03:04 PM
No, Britton Colquitt is.

It's about damn time someone said it.

NightTerror218
09-24-2016, 09:40 PM
We've score at least 20 points both games with a qb starting who's never played before. Anyone can see the room for improvement. Likewise anyone should be able to see the improvement from last year and the upside this offense has, which is much greater than last year.

Our running game is carrying this team. Cj anderson has been a stud. 1 passing TD and 3 ints so far. Just saying.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-24-2016, 09:47 PM
Our running game is carrying this team. Cj anderson has been a stud. 1 passing TD and 3 ints so far. Just saying.

The offensive line is light years better than last year.

Yes, the turnovers have been a downer, but his completion percentage and arm talent are very encouraging. He's already playing better than what we saw last year from that position.

MOtorboat
09-25-2016, 01:15 AM
I love a good DT hate fest. Let's do this thing!

Dapper Dan
09-25-2016, 02:50 PM

:lol:

slim
09-25-2016, 03:28 PM
That TD catch by DT was a thing of beauty....

slim
09-25-2016, 03:29 PM

The players hate winning....HATE it.

Nomad
09-25-2016, 03:37 PM

Nice throw too.

slim
09-25-2016, 03:39 PM
Nice throw too.

It was a little underthrown, but it got the job done.

*this post was not intended to denigrate the QB's performance in any way.

Simple Jaded
09-25-2016, 03:42 PM

I said "rarely/if ever".

Nomad
09-25-2016, 03:43 PM
It was a little underthrown, but it got the job done.

*this post was not intended to denigrate the QB's performance in any way.

slim......no need to explain. DT came up clutch in a few situations, but that throw and catch was a thing of beauty. DT's concentration on the catch was outstanding. Looking forward to see more of Siemian to Thomas.

slim
09-25-2016, 03:44 PM
slim......no need to explain. DT came up clutch in a few situations, but that throw and catch was a thing of beauty. DT's concentration on the catch was outstanding. Looking forward to see more of Siemian to Thomas.

Me too!

TB next week....should be fun!

spikerman
09-25-2016, 03:48 PM
Me too!

TB next week....should be fun!

I'm going to the game in Tampa. My son is a Bucs fan. Yes, I realize this means I failed as a parent.

Nomad
09-25-2016, 03:51 PM
I'm going to the game in Tampa. My son is a Bucs fan. Yes, I realize this means I failed as a parent.

Damn, I hate living in Alaska during football season.

Valar Morghulis
09-25-2016, 03:52 PM

I don't believe it, so don't worry, he's probably not your son

Nomad
09-25-2016, 03:55 PM

Funny!

spikerman
09-25-2016, 03:59 PM

Ass

slim
09-25-2016, 04:01 PM

No one is perfect...except me and #7.

Nomad
09-25-2016, 04:02 PM
No one is perfect...except me and #7.

You are awesome, slim. :D

Dapper Dan
09-25-2016, 04:42 PM

I love the Bucs! They're my 2nd favorite.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-25-2016, 05:32 PM
That's nothing; my 19 year old is a Patriots fan. This comes after I spent $1500 taking him to Denver for a game to celebrate his 13th birthday.

spikerman
09-25-2016, 05:42 PM
That's nothing; my 19 year old is a Patriots fan. This comes after I spent $1500 taking him to Denver for a game to celebrate his 13th birthday.

Ooooof!

TXBRONC
09-27-2016, 06:54 AM

You have an eye for beauty.

TXBRONC
09-27-2016, 07:13 AM

It's not your fault Spike. I'm sure you provided the right nurturing but sometimes kids just go down the wrong path.

TXBRONC
09-27-2016, 07:13 AM

Ouch.

BroncoJoe
09-27-2016, 10:07 AM

My kids are all Broncos fans - one is possibly a bigger fan than me!

My niece (brother's daughter) is a Raiders fan though. And, she married another Raider fan. My brother failed FAR worse than you two.

Buff
09-27-2016, 01:42 PM

I will never look at you the same again.

EastCoastBronco
09-27-2016, 01:44 PM

Jesus wept...