PDA

View Full Version : Broncos’ Trevor Siemian on “Omaha,” being a 7th-round pick, more

Denver Native (Carol)
09-21-2016, 01:02 PM
Peyton Manning doesn’t have a patent on the word “Omaha,” at least not yet, Broncos quarterback Trevor Siemian said.

On “The Dan Patrick Show” on Monday, Siemian talked about his car, Manning’s trademark call from the line and being a seventh-round pick.

Here are some excerpts:

On saying “Omaha” in Sunday’s game against Indianapolis:
“It’s just part of our offense, it’s a hand-me-down from Peyton (Manning). I don’t think he has a patent on it yet, so we’re going to continue to use it.”

Welcome to the NFL moment:
“The first time in the cafeteria, Peyton came up to me and said, ‘Trevor, how are you doing?’ You know, introduced himself. I said, ‘Trevor Siemian, good to meet you, Peyton.’ And I don’t know if I was nervous my first day in the building or what not, and he says, ‘How’s Pat doing?’ And I’m going through my Rolodex in my head, ‘Pat? Who do I know that’s Pat that knows Peyton?’ And of course he’s talking about my college coach Pat FitzGerald. I don’t call him Pat. It’s coach Fitz to me.”

rest plus Patrick video which is full interview - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/09/20/trevor-siemian-dan-patrick-show/

The Glue Factory
09-21-2016, 03:50 PM
Also from the article:

Looking back at last year, if I were to play, it wouldn’t have been good for any body. I just wasn’t ready.
Emphasis added.

Jaws
09-21-2016, 03:57 PM
Sounds like a good kid.

Simple Jaded
09-24-2016, 01:25 AM
Plus...he's not afraid of shadows.

#neverlettingthatdie

Joel
09-24-2016, 03:52 AM
Smart money says once opponents have a full three games worth of Siemian tape he begins returning to earth, possibly even this week against a tough front seven in his first road game. Forced to bet, I'd say we see Lynch (maybe even Davis) around Halloween, a third QB by Thanksgiving (unless Davis replaces Siemian and goes on a sustained tear, unlikely unless we can keep 5 quality blockers on the field for consecutive games) and fans are burning Kubiak in effigy by Christmas.

Then we rocket out of the gate in 2017 for a long undefeated stretch, with Lynch as a legit stud starter and Siemian his experienced capable backup, both protected by a solid line who relieve the pressure on them by regularly breaking CJ loose for 100 yd games and 5-6 yds/att. While the #1 D remains just that, as Roby slides into aging and expensive Talibs spot and Webster into Robys without either missing a beat. SO stoked about Denvers long term future.

Simple Jaded
09-24-2016, 11:12 AM
Webster is in last year of his contract, Talib/Harris/Roby are not, so if he's gonna take anyone's spot without missing a beat he better show something quick. His next impact play will literally be his second, one career Int, he's been virtually invisible.

Joel
09-25-2016, 03:35 AM
We're talking #3 CB; he just needs to be good, not an All Pro (though that'd be a nice bonus.) How much do you expect to see him do when he only plays dime unless someone's hurt? If we genuinely have the NFLs #1 TRIO, the fact Webster's "buried" on the depth chart IMMEDIATELY behind them is no indictment of him. I just wish I could be that confident none of our OTHER CBs will be indicted for anything.... :(