PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 3 (Bengals week)

VonDoom
09-20-2016, 07:04 PM
Start with some roster news:

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Shiloh Keo will return to the Broncos' roster.

After releasing him at the end of his two-game suspension to open the regular season, the Broncos will bring back the veteran safety, providing additional depth at a position where rookies Justin Simmons and Will Parks handled the reserve work the last two weeks.

To make room for Keo, the Broncos waived nose tackle Kyle Peko.

Keo joined the Broncos last December and provided veteran depth during the Broncos' push to the postseason. He also played a vital role on special teams, serving as a fill-in punt returner and recovering the on-side kickoff that clinched the Broncos' AFC Championship Game win over the New England Patriots.

Peko was inactive for both of the Broncos' first two regular-season games after making the 53-man roster at the Sep. 3 deadline. The Oregon State product was the only undrafted rookie to make the roster out of camp after notching two tackles and playing 65 snaps during the preseason.

The 6-foot-1, 305-pounder was the only third-team defensive lineman on the Broncos' roster. He worked at all three spots along the defensive line during training camp and the preseason. His older brother, Domata, is a starting defensive tackle for the Bengals, who the Broncos face Sunday.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-to-bring-back-Shiloh-Keo-waive-Kyle-Peko/017e71e7-98ed-447f-bfc0-860bb0c396c2

VonDoom
09-20-2016, 07:05 PM
Also, for those that worry about the "curse of the early game" or whatever, how's this?

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1h1 hour ago

Andrew Mason Retweeted Delb Beah

Actually, since 1980, the @Broncos are better in early road games (52-55-1) than road games at later times (87-98), according to @pfref.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-20-2016, 09:26 PM
Jaded is gonna write his senator about this.

Simple Jaded
09-20-2016, 09:53 PM
#milquetoast

Pudge
09-20-2016, 10:09 PM
#milquetoast

Milquetoast af.

VonDoom
09-21-2016, 10:03 AM
Maps are up for this week - most of the country seems to be getting this game (my market isn't one of them, but I have my ways anyway):

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2016&wk=3

NightTrainLayne
09-21-2016, 10:43 AM
Maps are up for this week - most of the country seems to be getting this game (my market isn't one of them, but I have my ways anyway):

Thank God the KC game is late this week. Otherwise, I would be stuck watching KC. Hallelujah!

Mike
09-21-2016, 11:33 AM
Any word on Green's injury? Will he be available?

VonDoom
09-21-2016, 12:09 PM

We'll probably know more after practice today.

Buff
09-21-2016, 12:17 PM

Thank God the KC game is late this week. Otherwise, I would be stuck watching KC. Hallelujah!

How is it even possible in 2016 that a couple of diehards like you guys are still subject to the whims of the national TV schedulers? The idea of missing a game and shrugging my shoulders about it seems so foreign to me.

LawDog
09-21-2016, 12:41 PM
How is it even possible in 2016 that a couple of diehards like you guys are still subject to the whims of the national TV schedulers? The idea of missing a game and shrugging my shoulders about it seems so foreign to me.

Right? And now with nflsundayticket.tv streaming virtually anywhere you shouldn't have any issues at all. Plus, if you've got a kid in college, she can buy it for only $100 ;) easy-peasy. XBone with the NFL app worked awesome last weekend - watched RedZone for the early games and then the Broncos. The fact that LA blacked out the Broncos because the Rams were in LA and on FOX is stupid, but finally got me off the dime to get the ticket. I mean got my daughter off the dime to get the ticket...

Denver Native (Carol)
09-21-2016, 01:17 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m

#broncos Justin Simmons with cast on hand/wrist is practicing @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m

#Broncos Virgil Green (calf) not practicing during viewing period. Ty Sambrailo and Heuerman practicing @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 8m

#Bengals Dalton on #Broncos' @Millerlite40 "You have to know where he's at all the time." @DenverChannel

Denver Native (Carol)
09-21-2016, 01:29 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m

#Broncos Ware, Stephenson and Green not practicing. Green still hopeful can play.Simmons working club on left wrist. Thomas was moving well

VonDoom
09-21-2016, 01:37 PM

Oh, don't worry. I decided a few years ago that there was no way I was missing a game ever again and I've been able to do that easily, cheaply and with good quality. I just figured the maps were helpful to people who are still subject to those whims.

VonDoom
09-21-2016, 01:37 PM

FYI, Green (and Stephenson) not practicing today.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-21-2016, 02:32 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m

#Broncos Corey Nelson did not practice bc of ankle issue. Green ahead of Stephenson in recovery. @DenverChannel

The Glue Factory
09-21-2016, 04:50 PM
Oh, don't worry. I decided a few years ago that there was no way I was missing a game ever again and I've been able to do that easily, cheaply and with good quality. I just figured the maps were helpful to people who are still subject to those whims.

Wife and I just reduced expenses by getting rid of the dish. Mind helping a brother down on his luck?

BroncoJoe
09-21-2016, 05:06 PM
Wife and I just reduced expenses by getting rid of the dish. Mind helping a brother down on his luck?

Digital Antenna? You're in Colorado, right?

The Glue Factory
09-21-2016, 05:14 PM
Live in the Springs. I've thought about a digital antenna but not sure the cheap end would be worth the money. Hard to justify more than $20 in the budget. Times be very tough in the Factory these days.

slim
09-21-2016, 05:15 PM
Live in the Springs. I've thought about a digital antenna but not sure the cheap end would be worth the money. Hard to justify more than $20 in the budget. Times be very tough in the Factory these days.

Go to the dollar store and get a set of rabbit ears. They still work, regardless of what the tech snobs will tell you.

BroncoJoe
09-21-2016, 05:17 PM

If you have an HDTV, any antenna would work - even rabbit ears - because the digital receiver is already in your TV. You can find them for less than $10 at Walmart I think.

EDIT: Or you can go to the dollar store like slim suggested! LOL

The Glue Factory
09-21-2016, 05:47 PM
Will have to look into that this weekend. Thank you genklefins!

VonDoom
09-21-2016, 05:51 PM
Will have to look into that this weekend. Thank you genklefins!

Since you're local, I think these are probably good suggestions

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-21-2016, 05:59 PM

One time expense of $50 should get you what you need. Then you can put the antenna in your atttic.

Otherwise get a cheap antenna you set by your tv for $15. How close are you to the nearest transponder?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-21-2016, 06:07 PM
One time expense of $50 should get you what you need. Then you can put the antenna in your atttic.

Otherwise get a cheap antenna you set by your tv for $15. How close are you to the nearest transponder?

I can coach you through the attic install if you need. I just did it at my house and I use to install for dish and direct tv

The Glue Factory
09-21-2016, 06:21 PM

I am no techie kinda guy. Budget is so tight that $50 isn't doable at this time. Not sure how far away the transponder is.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-21-2016, 06:48 PM
I am no techie kinda guy. Budget is so tight that $50 isn't doable at this time. Not sure how far away the transponder is.

I'm not a techie guy either. If you already have cable run to where a satellite dish use to be it's really easy to run that cable through a a soffit into your attic.

If you have a Best Buy there you can call them and tell them if where you live is close enough for a $15 antenna to work.

I'm sorry about the struggle dude

olathebroncofan
09-21-2016, 10:00 PM

How is it that there is a little piece of southern bama that gets the cle v mia game when it's closer to Jacksonville?

GEM
09-22-2016, 09:46 AM

I'll buy you some rabbit ears if you need them. No reason a Broncos fan in CO should be missing games. :)

GEM
09-22-2016, 09:48 AM
The effing media is blowing up DT and Sanders comments about wanting more balls. I read through the comments and don't see anything negative worth trashing them over, just frustration. But, hell why not, everyone loves a good bitch fest. :rolleyes:

BroncoJoe
09-22-2016, 10:00 AM
I'll buy you some rabbit ears if you need them. No reason a Broncos fan in CO should be missing games. :)

Hell, I'll pitch in for that! I'm in the Springs frequently, but won't be before Sunday...

GEM
09-22-2016, 10:07 AM
Found some for $17, if you give me an address I can ship them out, not sure they'll get there by Sunday.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2016, 10:47 AM
Found some for $17, if you give me an address I can ship them out, not sure they'll get there by Sunday.

Hey GEM - Found the following on Best Buy. If they will work, they are $12.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-indoor-hdtv-antenna-black/8233003.p?skuId=8233003

I checked, and they are in stock at the Academy Blvd Best Buy in Colorado Springs. If you call them, and pay for them, he could pick them up, and he would have them so he could watch Sunday's game. Their phone no is 719-593-0414

GEM
09-22-2016, 10:55 AM

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-indoor-hdtv-antenna-black/8233003.p?skuId=8233003

I checked, and they are in stock at the Academy Blvd Best Buy in Colorado Springs. If you call them, and pay for them, he could pick them up, and he would have them so he could watch Sunday's game. Their phone no is 719-593-0414

Nice! Glue, if you're up for it, let me know. :)

The Glue Factory
09-22-2016, 11:00 AM

I know that Best Buy very well. They're the ones that removed the virus on my now defunct Windoze box and fried the memory stick while removing the virus. :mad:
Then they fried my power supply while diagnosing/fixing the fried memory stick issue. :mad::mad:
All of which I had to pay for since they didn't accept responsibility. :mad::rant::mad::yell::mad:
Fortunately I had the income to pay for all of that back then. Then 2008 destroyed my career in mortgage underwriting.
Still avoid contributing to Best Buy's bottom line like the plague 10 years later.

Davii
09-22-2016, 11:01 AM
The effing media is blowing up DT and Sanders comments about wanting more balls. I read through the comments and don't see anything negative worth trashing them over, just frustration. But, hell why not, everyone loves a good bitch fest. :rolleyes:

Gem,

Could you share more of your thoughts on DT's and Sander's balls?

Asking for a friend. (Dave)

Buff
09-22-2016, 11:03 AM
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, bruh!

BroncoJoe
09-22-2016, 11:03 AM
Walmart has that same antenna for $8.88 - available for pickup.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rca-Indoor-Antenna-Onn-branded/110253942

underrated29
09-22-2016, 11:12 AM
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, bruh!

look at her rack instead

GEM
09-22-2016, 11:16 AM
Gem,

_W-fIn2QZgg

The Glue Factory
09-22-2016, 11:44 AM
Nice! Glue, if you're up for it, let me know. :)

Youse guyses and galses are so nice! You make it hard to decline the offer. Thinking about it I'd be able to pick it up Sat. morning.

Although Mrs. Glue Factory may not be happy about this. Her joy is just so very whelming when I remind her about football season every year.

The Glue Factory
09-22-2016, 11:46 AM
Gem,

I don't understand why the 2 that God gave them aren't enough?

VonDoom
09-22-2016, 11:46 AM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

#Broncos add Kyle Peko to the practice squad and waive safety Ryan Murphy from the squad. @DenverChannel

VonDoom
09-22-2016, 01:14 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago

No Virgil Green at #Broncos practice. Going to be a race to get him ready for game @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos LB Corey Nelson is practicing @DenverChannel

Tangerine
09-22-2016, 01:36 PM
Walmart has that same antenna for $8.88 - available for pickup.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rca-Indoor-Antenna-Onn-branded/110253942

Even a paper clip should work, unfold it and stick it into the coax jack. Boom free tv

Simple Jaded
09-22-2016, 01:40 PM
"We can win in any fashion we want"-- Obviously Gary Kubiak didn't see the pity party at the end of the tunnel when he said that after the SB.

He better get DT and Sanders to 2000 w/15 TD's before Spiker and Staples rents a billboard demanding Kubiak is fired.

#selfishwhinerthangs

Davii
09-22-2016, 02:06 PM
Even a paper clip should work, unfold it and stick it into the coax jack. Boom free tv

I've heard this also works for electricity. I nominate Dave to try it out since they use that funky electricity over there.

Tangerine
09-22-2016, 02:12 PM
I've heard this also works for electricity. I nominate Dave to try it out since they use that funky electricity over there.

VonDoom
09-22-2016, 02:51 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 15m15 minutes ago

Kubiak said Virgil Green (calf) could play without practicing. Likely a game time decision. "It's time for Jeff (Heuerman) to step up."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 12m12 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak on receivers. "You want receivers who want the ball. These two guys work. That's what like about them" @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 10m10 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak said have options at right tackle. Sounds like Ty Sambrailo -he'd be my RT - will be on a play count. So will need depth

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 8m8 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak said #Bengals defense at excels at taking top target out of game plan @DenverChannel

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 14m14 minutes ago

Coach Kubiak: When you play [Cincy], you better be balanced. … Will take everybody we’ve got.”

TXBRONC
09-22-2016, 03:27 PM
It's going to be interesting to see how Siemian handles being on the road.

Joel
09-23-2016, 01:35 AM
Please don't talk about Siemian handling things on the same page as posts involving Mike Hawk; that can only end badly.

VonDoom
09-23-2016, 12:19 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 6m6 minutes ago

#Broncos Virgil Green not practicing. Could still be game time decision. But not looking great after he missed all week @DenverChannel

VonDoom
09-23-2016, 02:03 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 52m52 minutes ago

Virgil Green, DeMarcus Ware and Donald Stephenson all OUT vs. Bengals.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 52m52 minutes ago

Virgil Green didn't get where they wanted him through the week. They'll roll with John Phillips and Jeff Heuerman at TE.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 46m46 minutes ago

#Broncos Justin Simmons (wrist), Corey Nelson (ankle), Dekoda Watson (elbow), Bennie Fowler (elbow) questionable. Fowler expected to play.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 52m52 minutes ago

Kubiak said they still have to decide who will start at RG and RT. Will be a combination of Schofield, Sambrailo, Weems. All will play.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 42m42 minutes ago

#Bengals TE Tyler Eifert practiced (limited) all week, but listed as doubtful for Sunday vs. #Broncos.

Buff
09-23-2016, 02:06 PM
Color me concerned about our o-line play with Green and Stephenson out going against Geno Atkins and crew.

BroncoJoe
09-23-2016, 03:05 PM
Color me concerned about our o-line play with Green and Stephenson out going against Geno Atkins and crew.

That's racist.

:yo:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-23-2016, 03:41 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 41m

Talked to #Broncos' Donald Stephenson. He's feeling better with left calf injury. Still no guarantee will be ready next week. @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 49m

#Broncos Virgil Green believes will be ready next week. Frustrated. But left calf needs more time @DenverChannel

Denver Native (Carol)
09-24-2016, 11:39 AM
As of Friday afternoon, the Broncos were still deciding who would be the starters on the right side of their offensive line Sunday at Cincinnati. What is known is that starting right tackle Donald Stephenson will miss Sunday’s game and possibly more because of a calf injury.

In the meantime, Denver plans to use a rotation of Michael Schofield, Ty Sambrailo and Darrion Weems at right guard and right tackle. All three will play, and they all have the versatility to play guard or tackle.

Stephenson’s injury could cause a change in two starting jobs if Schofield moves to right tackle. For offensive linemen, stability is essential when it comes to assignments and natural cohesion in both the running and passing game.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/09/23/broncos-preparing-for-a-rotation-on-right-side-of-offensive-line-with-donald-stephenson-out/

Simple Jaded
09-24-2016, 01:58 PM
Please don't talk about Siemian handling things on the same page as posts involving Mike Hawk; that can only end badly.

Have you seen Mike Hawk?

It never ends badly when handling Mike Hawk, he can take it.

Nobody takes a beating like Mike Hawk.

Joel
09-25-2016, 03:32 AM
Have you seen Mike Hawk?

It never ends badly when handling Mike Hawk, he can take it.

Nobody takes a beating like Mike Hawk.
Mike Hawks Siemian capacity is truly jaw-dropping, but I'm sure no one here wants to see that.

Valar Morghulis
09-25-2016, 03:37 AM
Mike Hawks Siemian capacity is truly jaw-dropping, but I'm sure no one here wants to see that.

Don't be so sure

Joel
09-25-2016, 06:41 PM
Don't be so sure
Well, I'm absolutely CERTAIN no one here WILL see it (so pick your jaw up off the floor. ;))