PDA

View Full Version : Who will win, Week 3

MOtorboat
09-20-2016, 12:03 PM
Who will win?

NightTrainLayne
09-20-2016, 12:06 PM
I have to go with the home team on this one.

Our QB is still learning, and turning the ball over in the process. Cincinatti is coming off a close loss to a really good Pittsburgh club, and will be focused.

Maybe we win a close one if we can limit turnovers, and the defense plays lights out. But on the road, early game, against a very good team who remembers losing in OT to us last year without their starting QB. . .

I give the edge to Cincinatti.

BroncoJoe
09-20-2016, 12:08 PM
Why isn't this a multiple choice like the last ones?

NightTrainLayne
09-20-2016, 12:11 PM

Damn. I answered the poll before Mo edited it.

Hoes is still a dirt-bag.

MOtorboat
09-20-2016, 12:11 PM

Apparently I forgot to check that box.

slim
09-20-2016, 12:28 PM
Apparently I forgot to check that box.

Delete this POS and try again.

slim
09-20-2016, 12:28 PM
Also, Cinci will win a close one.

Northman
09-20-2016, 12:53 PM
Denver of course.

MOtorboat
09-20-2016, 12:57 PM
Delete this POS and try again.

Just deal with it.

slim
09-20-2016, 01:03 PM
Just deal with it.

Fine....I guess if I HAVE to.

TXBRONC
09-20-2016, 01:07 PM
Fine....I guess if I HAVE to.

Slim, don't let MO push you around.

slim
09-20-2016, 01:11 PM
Slim, don't let MO push you around.

MO is my friend.

BroncoJoe
09-20-2016, 01:13 PM
MO is my bitch.

:yo:

Poet
09-20-2016, 01:23 PM
My godly prediction powers will continue.

Denver will win by two scores. Cincinnati will come out with guns blazing and Green and the running backs will make some plays. But attrition and a weaker offensive line for Cincinnati will spell their inevitable destruction.

Timmy!
09-20-2016, 01:29 PM
I hate 11am games.

OrangeHoof
09-20-2016, 01:52 PM
I chose Carolina and jinxed them. I chose Indy and jinxed them. So now we'll find out if this works closer to sea level. I'm taking the Ben-gals.

Krugan
09-20-2016, 02:39 PM
Big loss this week, and boom goes the dynamite.

underrated29
09-20-2016, 02:43 PM
Good news is the past few times we have played the bengals I have not seen all of the game and we have won. It just so happens that I will be playing in a hockey tournament at Pepsi center and will likely miss all or most of the game.

Blocked FG for the win?

Magnificent Seven
09-20-2016, 02:57 PM
Bengals are favored to beat the Broncos on Sunday. (-3 1/2)

Broncos are underdogs again. However, I believe Broncos defense will take 3 1/2 away from Bengals and win over Cincinnati.

*Bengals' pass. offense is ranked 2nd.
*Broncos' pass. defense is ranked 2nd. (Defense wins.)

*Bengals' rush offense is ranked 31st. (Close to the last place)
*Broncos' rush defense is ranked 24th. (Defense wins)

Bengals' running offense is not good. All Broncos have to do is just stop QB Andy Dalton and Broncos will be fine without DeMarcus Ware. Shane Ray is our young monster! :defense:

Broncos will have a lot of fun running game because Bengals' rush defense is ranked LAST!

Broncos' advantage: Bengals' outstanding LB Vonaze Burfict is suspended. TE Tyler Eifert is not 100% healthy. He could be inactive again on game day due to his ankle issue.

Broncos will upset them this Sunday. GO BRONCOS!

Poet
09-20-2016, 03:04 PM
They have fewer weapons on offense and defense. Their LB corp is without its only coverage player. Adam Jones is banged up. Denver all day.

Slick
09-20-2016, 05:51 PM
Cincy will win by two touchdowns.

Poet
09-20-2016, 06:15 PM
Cincy will win by two touchdowns.

Don't stop Talibing.

I Eat Staples
09-20-2016, 06:17 PM
What's our record in early road games?

Don't feel good about this one.

TXBRONC
09-20-2016, 10:33 PM
Good news is the past few times we have played the bengals I have not seen all of the game and we have won. It just so happens that I will be playing in a hockey tournament at Pepsi center and will likely miss all or most of the game.

Blocked FG for the win?

Lost in prime time to the Bengals at Cincinatti 2014.

Magnificent Seven
09-20-2016, 11:20 PM
Never Forget! Orton to Stokley.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81292440/WK-1-Can-t-Miss-Stokley-s-game-winning-TD

Joel
09-20-2016, 11:51 PM
I picked "Cincy will win a ho-bag." Am I doing this right?

Joel
09-20-2016, 11:53 PM
Never Forget! Orion to Stokley.
Orion? The cat from the first MiB movie?

FanInAZ
09-21-2016, 12:41 AM
The Bengals can't beat the Broncos because they "Walk Like Egyptians" :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv6tuzHUuuk&list=RDCv6tuzHUuuk#t=6[

I know, I know, I tell the same joke every year; but we all have to have our annual traditions :D

FanInAZ
09-21-2016, 12:47 AM
Speaking of my annual traditions :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I74BG0YFKUc

dogfish
09-21-2016, 12:49 AM
"von miller, AGAIN!!"

FanInAZ
09-21-2016, 01:05 AM
The Bengals can't beat the Broncos because they "Walk Like Egyptians" :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv6tuzHUuuk&list=RDCv6tuzHUuuk#t=6[

I know, I know, I tell the same joke every year; but we all have to have our annual traditions :D

Sorry, but I had to swap out versions when I realized that the 1st 1 I posted was a very poor attempt of Michael Jackson lip syncing to the song.

broncofaninfla
09-21-2016, 02:09 PM
The last time we played the Bengals McCarron and the Bengal WR's made the no fly zone look very vulnerable. Their big wide outs match up well against our DB's. This will be a tough game to win, we'll need the play calling and execution to be much better this week to win in Cincinnati.

slim
09-21-2016, 02:59 PM
The last time we played the Bengals McCarron and the Bengal WR's made the no fly zone look very vulnerable. Their big wide outs match up well against our DB's. This will be a tough game to win, we'll need the play calling and execution to be much better this week to win in Cincinnati.

The last time we played them they had a completely different WR group :listen:

Mike
09-21-2016, 03:07 PM
Cincy 55 - 2. Denver shouldn't show up.

BroncoJoe
09-21-2016, 03:22 PM
The Broncos are going to absolutely destroy the Bengals.

In King's honor.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-21-2016, 07:22 PM
Cincy 55 - 2. Denver shouldn't show up.

Another game starting with a snap into the end zone?

WARHORSE
09-21-2016, 07:40 PM
Cincy aint going to win anything.

The Broncos are going to put a beat down on them.

They dont even know if Dalton will play.....wont matter.

The Bungles put up over 400 yards on Pittsburg..........um, that aint happenin on this defense.

They threw the ball 54 times......one sack on Dalton........um, that aint happenin on this defense.....it will lead to defensive scores for us though.

Siemian doesnt have to be spectacular....wont have to be.

Broncos 34

Cincy 17

NightTerror218
09-22-2016, 10:27 PM
I have to do with bengals. They niw have 2 games wirth of tape on siemien.

Hard to win with a QB who is averaging under 220 yards per game, has 1 TD pass and 3 INTs. And who does not go deep. Need more from siemien. I think he is on a short leach as a starter right now. Lynch has been getting oraises over his film study and prepping for games.

TXBRONC
09-23-2016, 07:51 AM

Hard to win with a QB who is averaging under 220 yards per game, has 1 TD pass and 3 INTs. And who does not go deep. Need more from siemien. I think he is on a short leach as a starter right now. Lynch has been getting oraises over his film study and prepping for games.

I don't see any indication that Siemian is on a short leash.

underrated29
09-23-2016, 08:55 AM

I don't know why people say this. After halftime the bengals made like 1 this down and scored like 3 points.....Aj didn't do jack squat!

Also, he was bailed out by his receivers big time on some quick high and hard sideline throws, that most qbs like Brady don't even complete.

Go look at the score box of the game. We shut them down like a hooker in church. There was No Very Vulnerable. Just no fly

NightTerror218
09-23-2016, 11:35 PM
I don't see any indication that Siemian is on a short leash.

Short lease as in he will not get too many chances if he makes mistakes. He has a 1st rounder behind him who us getting praises.

I have seen several people mention it on twitter too. Klis, Lombardi, ect type people.

Magnificent Seven
09-24-2016, 12:07 AM
Orion? The cat from the first MiB movie?

Heh. Thanks. I edited it. (Damn autocorrect on my iMac)

spikerman
09-24-2016, 04:17 PM
A lot of things are going against the Broncos this week. If they can pull this off, and maybe open up the offense (sorry Jaded) in the process, then they could really be on to something.

Northman
09-24-2016, 04:48 PM

As opposed to 141 yds, 0 TD;s, and 1 Int in the biggest game of them all?

Siemien might be green but with the greatest defense in the NFL he doesnt have to be John Elway. :lol:

Northman
09-24-2016, 04:49 PM
Short lease as in he will not get too many chances if he makes mistakes. He has a 1st rounder behind him who us getting praises.

I have seen several people mention it on twitter too. Klis, Lombardi, ect type people.

None of that guarantees that Lynch will see the field. Having good film study is far different than playing in live action. I think you are reading way too much into those tweets.

NightTerror218
09-24-2016, 09:39 PM
None of that guarantees that Lynch will see the field. Having good film study is far different than playing in live action. I think you are reading way too much into those tweets.

I am more thinking that our QB play is not great, WR are chatting about offense needs to step up. Passing game has more turnovers than TD. A QB who is not throwing deep.

A first round QB who they are high waiting. I do not think it is reading too much into it.

Siemien is having same issue i had with him in preseason. He is holding back going deep. Wont push it down field. Other teams will eventually start to make him go deep and load boxes.

Poet
09-24-2016, 09:45 PM
They're not dialing up a lot of long passes for him. I don't discount Lynch playing at some point as it is pretty plausible, but Siemien isn't being asked to even play like the Raven's offense.

dogfish
09-25-2016, 10:48 AM
come on, trevor, chuck it deep! fifty yard bombs every time!

Canmore
09-26-2016, 02:24 AM
come on, trevor, chuck it deep! fifty yard bombs every time!

I think he did what you asked for.

Joel
09-26-2016, 04:16 AM
They're not dialing up a lot of long passes for him. I don't discount Lynch playing at some point as it is pretty plausible, but Siemien isn't being asked to even play like the Raven's offense.
I think this is a whole lot of it: Guy'd never even taken a pro SNAP before Opening Day, so walk before you run, at least until we stabilize our protection (especially on the invalid right side.) Now we're three games in and Siemian's mostly played well, so when we appeared to be getting into a shootout against the Red Rifle on the road, Kubiak opened up the playbook more in the second half and waited to see if Siemian could take the next step. To my mind, he did.

Canmore
09-28-2016, 01:06 AM
I think this is a whole lot of it: Guy'd never even taken a pro SNAP before Opening Day, so walk before you run, at least until we stabilize our protection (especially on the invalid right side.) Now we're three games in and Siemian's mostly played well, so when we appeared to be getting into a shootout against the Red Rifle on the road, Kubiak opened up the playbook more in the second half and waited to see if Siemian could take the next step. To my mind, he did.

I felt Trevor passed road test number one with flying colors.

Joel
09-28-2016, 02:16 AM
From what I've read here, the consensus seemed to be that Siemian has a high floor but low ceiling, Lynch just the opposite. Another way to view that is that the questions are "How far can Siemian go?" and "When will Lynch be ready?" Those questions are likely to converge eventually, but I'm hoping it's 2017. I'll say this:

The Broncos fan in my is FAR happier with Siemian than the Texans fan is with Osweiler, and not just because of their salaries (hard as those are to ignore.) Last year I said our next franchise QB probably wasn't even on the roster yet (more because I doubted Oz' ability than his sense.) After the SB, I preferred WE took a mulligan on this whole SEASON rather than spaz out by mortgaging the future for any of the young QB options who were long shots by definition.

There are many ways to mortgage the future. Trading away tons of picks just to move up a dozen or two spots and take a flyer on [your top QB prospect here] would qualify, but so would tying our FA hands for the next 2-3 years by sinking a ton of guaranteed money into Oz. Thankfully, Elway did neither: He swindled Houston by bidding up Oz despite knowing full well Oz refused to stay in Denver at any price, and all he traded to move up for a QB was a single 3rd round pick (the SB Champs 3rd rounder, just 5 spots better than the top 4th round pick—or 4 spots better than the comp pick we used on Simmons.)

Elway played it masterfully; his risk/reward ratio's negligible if only because the risk is ITSELF negligible. I mean, if Siemian AND Lynch bust, what have we lost? Answer: A #31, #94 and #250 overall pick, plus ~$3˝M/yr worth of cap through 2018. And that's counting Davis as our # this year; most teams spend an ORDER OF MAGNITUDE locking up their teams single most important position. That means they're SCREWED if all their QBs bust, but what will be if all ours do? We'll be a team with a top ten (or even five) draft pick AND tons of FA cash to spend seeking our next QB prospect.

Even if we lose we win, and that's the biggest win of all: The one that builds championships and dynasties. I'm really happy however it plays out, because whether Siemian's a HoFer, Lynch is a HoFer or both bust and we go back to the drawing board there's nothing but upside for us regardless. Elway stacked the deck, and since he's ALREADY won a SB he's playing with house money too! :salute: