PDA

View Full Version : Ware's Broken Arm Is a "Break" For Broncos

OrangeHoof
09-19-2016, 09:56 AM
Nobody roots for injuries but a broken forearm to DeMarcus Ware is actually a good thing for Denver. No, really.

Ware has had a history of sitting out mideseason with back or leg injuries. Now, he gets to sit and heal a non-critical injury and be more rested and ready for the last month of the season and the playoffs.

In the meantime, the Broncos get to further develop Shane Ray and the rest of the edge rushers waiting their turn to shine so we'll be better off in 2017 after Ware is retired or released for cap reasons.

So, the end result is a healthier Ware for crunch time this season and a more experienced edge rusher for next season.

Enjoy your time off, D.

BroncoWave
09-19-2016, 09:58 AM
Nice hot take.

chazoe60
09-19-2016, 10:06 AM
I have a very similar thread all typed up and I just can't wait to hit the "post new thread" button it's titled OrangeHoof's broken computer is a "break" for Broncos forums.

VonDoom
09-19-2016, 11:20 AM
I actually understand what you're getting at. We have depth at that position, and Ray and Barrett should be able to step up nicely (unlike, say, TE if Green is out). So in that way, we should be okay with Ware out.

However, when Ware was out last year, the pass rush was noticeably less potent. The young guys just can't bring the havoc like Ware can. Ware as a rotation / third down rusher guy seemed like a good idea so far. I think we'll see a dip in production until he's back.

BroncoJoe
09-19-2016, 11:30 AM
I actually understand what you're getting at. We have depth at that position, and Ray and Barrett should be able to step up nicely (unlike, say, TE if Green is out). So in that way, we should be okay with Ware out.

However, when Ware was out last year, the pass rush was noticeably less potent. The young guys just can't bring the havoc like Ware can. Ware as a rotation / third down rusher guy seemed like a good idea so far. I think we'll see a dip in production until he's back.

Von got two of his three sacks with Ware out.

Simple Jaded
09-19-2016, 12:29 PM
How bout that pun, though? Well played.

Dapper Dan
09-19-2016, 12:47 PM
Do we save any money?

TXBRONC
09-19-2016, 12:54 PM
Nobody roots for injuries but a broken forearm to DeMarcus Ware is actually a good thing for Denver. No, really.

Ware has had a history of sitting out mideseason with back or leg injuries. Now, he gets to sit and heal a non-critical injury and be more rested and ready for the last month of the season and the playoffs.

In the meantime, the Broncos get to further develop Shane Ray and the rest of the edge rushers waiting their turn to shine so we'll be better off in 2017 after Ware is retired or released for cap reasons.

So, the end result is a healthier Ware for crunch time this season and a more experienced edge rusher for next season.

Enjoy your time off, D.

I can't say I agree.

OrangeHoof
09-19-2016, 12:54 PM
No, but we ease the transition to next year. Think of it as similar to playing Osweiler last year while Manning healed up for the playoffs. Except Ray and Barrett won't be free agents after the season.

TXBRONC
09-19-2016, 12:59 PM
No, but we ease the transition to next year. Think of it as similar to playing Osweiler last year while Manning healed up for the playoffs. Except Ray and Barrett won't be free agents after the season.

As much playing time as Ray and Barrett there still wouldn't be much a transition.

Manning would have been under contract this year had he not retired.

tripp
09-19-2016, 02:12 PM
I thought Ray had a great game yesterday, and that's without the return TD. He pressured Luck quite a few times, and was able to get after Gore multiple times as well. Next year I think he'll be ready to go full tilt.

Timmy!
09-19-2016, 02:22 PM
Call me bat shit crazy, cause this line of thinking is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy out there, but I'd rather Ware hadn't broken his friggin arm. Flame away.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-19-2016, 02:33 PM
roy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m

#Broncos Ware will have surgery Tuesday. Kubiak said likely out 4-5 weeks. Guys have come back sooner, but no reason to rush it

Dapper Dan
09-19-2016, 02:40 PM
Call me bat shit crazy, cause this line of thinking is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy out there, but I'd rather Ware hadn't broken his friggin arm. Flame away.

So you would have rather he kept playing and then broken his back instead?! Sad!

Joel
09-19-2016, 08:45 PM
Like VonDoom, I hear what you're saying and even had a similar thought: That a minor arm injury that prevents wear on tear on his back causing a major injury midseason could be a blessing in disguise. That said, I'm unsure a fracture qualifies as a "minor" injury; I kinda feel like anything requiring SURGERY is a major injury. With Kubiak's statement Ware will be out 4-5 weeks, he wasn't out much longer with his back last year—and it's not like a month and a half on the sideline now guarantees he won't have serious back problems anyway. Back issues aren't really something that heal up and go away, especially on the wrong side of 30.

OrangeHoof
09-19-2016, 10:22 PM
A bone on his forearm is not like a knee or an ankle. It won't slow him down. It won't be a source of constant pain. Heck, in the old days, they would have put a plaster-of-paris cast on it, taped some padding over it and he'd be back on the field next Sunday with a great new head-slap move. You can't predict injuries but you can predict certain players will wear down over the course of an 17-week schedule. I still say he'll be fresher at the end of the season because of this little forced time off. To me, that's a good thing.

Magnificent Seven
09-19-2016, 11:32 PM
I am not worried about DeMarcus Ware. Defense is too good. However, Broncos will have easy schedule after week 3. They will be fine with Shane Ray.

Joel
09-20-2016, 12:00 AM
It may not slow him down, but will keep him OFF THE FIELD for over a month, because Kubiak said so (and I doubt they'll try to rush him back; I certainly hope not at his age.) And, again, it doesn't guarantee his back won't wear down by seasons end either; it may simply mean his back sidelines him in December and January instead of October and November. Bottom line: It's really hard to think of a way breaking a BONE can be a good thing.

sneakers
09-20-2016, 05:34 AM
can't they wrap it up in bubblewrap anyways these days?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-20-2016, 09:09 AM

"Hey Demarcus, do you realize how fortunate we all are you broke your arm?