PDA

View Full Version : Trade Talib!

dogfish
09-18-2016, 10:08 PM
his value is high, we can sucker somebody into giving up a pick for an easily replaced loser whose best days are behind him anyway. . .

we have to strike while the iron is hot-- take anything we can get before he commits another shameful personal foul!

Tned
09-18-2016, 10:11 PM
his value is high, we can sucker somebody into giving up a pick for an easily replaced loser whose best days are behind him anyway. . .

we have to strike while the iron is hot-- take anything we can get before he commits another shameful personal foul!

Sarcasm or do you have a fever?

Simple Jaded
09-18-2016, 10:12 PM
Sell high!

tripp
09-18-2016, 10:15 PM
When the rumors came out about the Broncos shopping Talib, then later denied those rumors... I think usually where there's smoke there's fire. I'm sure they WERE entertaining offers for Talib, but didn't like what anyone was offering, so denied the report to not cause any drama in the locker room.

I'd hold onto him at this point. Clearly we still heavily rely on the defense to win us games, why take away an important piece of that defense? I'll agree some of his flags are head scratchers.

Dapper Dan
09-18-2016, 10:20 PM
When the weather gets cold his gunshot wound will start bothering him.

Simple Jaded
09-18-2016, 10:25 PM
Sarcasm or do you have a fever?

I believe that was laser-rocket sarcasm.

Poet
09-18-2016, 10:25 PM
Best. Corner. In. The. League.

Simple Jaded
09-18-2016, 10:31 PM
Sell high and buy low...Talib straight across for the CB getting his ass handed to him in Minnesota.

TXBRONC
09-18-2016, 10:32 PM

He's 30 going on 33 according has lost a step. Clearly we need to get rid of him.

pulse
09-18-2016, 10:48 PM
Go Raiders!

Dapper Dan
09-18-2016, 10:53 PM
Go Raiders!

Woah, man. I'm all about jokes but don't take it that far. You too hype.

DenBronx
09-18-2016, 11:08 PM
Best. Corner. In. The. League.

Definitely the best secondary in the NFL.

DenBronx
09-18-2016, 11:11 PM
Go Raiders!

To hell.

Tangerine
09-18-2016, 11:39 PM
C'mon guys, we all know draft picks are more valuable than wins, just ask the Browns how stacking up on draft picks every year has worked out.....

Simple Jaded
09-18-2016, 11:46 PM
Mike Hawk sighting.

Everybody loves Mike Hawk.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-19-2016, 12:11 AM
Sell high!

Boulder is beautiful in the spring.

Simple Jaded
09-19-2016, 12:15 AM
Boulder is beautiful in the spring.

Smells like pompous granola, Birkenstocks and dreadlocks though.

Simple Jaded
09-19-2016, 12:16 AM
Btw, someone was asking about Winn in the gameday thread, he sounded excited.

Joel
09-19-2016, 12:33 AM
Mike Hawk sighting.

Everybody loves Mike Hawk.
Thus the obvious solution: If we trade Talib or he gets hurt/suspended, we can just play with Mike Hawk.

Valar Morghulis
09-19-2016, 12:43 AM
Smells like pompous granola, Birkenstocks and dreadlocks though.

Sounds like my kinda place

Valar Morghulis
09-19-2016, 12:44 AM
If Webster was playing we would have shut out the Colts

MOtorboat
09-19-2016, 12:50 AM
Thus the obvious solution: If we trade Talib or he gets hurt/suspended, we can just play with Mike Hawk.

How much does it suck watching Talib be a stud after you whined about him all offseason?

Joel
09-19-2016, 01:48 AM
If Webster was playing we would have shut out the Colts
He did play: He's the #4 CB, so first guy up if ANY of the starting trio can't go (say, due to injury or suspension...) and plays a lot of dime. Though maybe less of the latter now that the coaches have a rookie 3rd round safety they want to develop.

How much does it suck watching Talib be a stud after you whined about him all offseason?
He made a nice play, for which he deserves and receives full credit. That's A nice play; fortunately he was AVAILABLE to make it rather than suspended for how HE spent the offseason: Beginning it by proudly telling the press he DELIBERATELY tried to SNAP A GUYS NECK in the SB, and ending it by shooting himself in the back of the leg with a gun it's not even legal to HAVE (concealed or otherwise) at the bar where it happened. I concede I've only been to a strip joint once (friends bachelor party—in Dallas, as it happens,) but my recollection is that far more than 51% of the drinks they serve have alcohol (probably closer to 91%.)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-19-2016, 01:53 AM
Btw, someone was asking about Winn in the gameday thread, he sounded excited.
I'm not gonna spend 15 minutes going through that soup sandwich

Timmy!
09-19-2016, 01:54 AM
Oh shut the **** up and eat crow Eeyore. You were wrong. AGAIN. Own it.......in less than 60 words if ya could.

Valar Morghulis
09-19-2016, 02:09 AM
He did play: He's the #4 CB, so first guy up if ANY of the starting trio can't go (say, due to injury or suspension...) and plays a lot of dime. Though maybe less of the latter now that the coaches have a rookie 3rd round safety they want to develop. He made a nice play, for which he deserves and receives full credit. That's A nice play; fortunately he was AVAILABLE to make it rather than suspended for how HE spent the offseason: Beginning it by proudly telling the press he DELIBERATELY tried to SNAP A GUYS NECK in the SB, and ending it by shooting himself in the back of the leg with a gun it's not even legal to HAVE (concealed or otherwise) at the bar where it happened. I concede I've only been to a strip joint once (friends bachelor party—in Dallas, as it happens,) but my recollection is that far more than 51% of the drinks they serve have alcohol (probably closer to 91%.)

Apologies, if he started in place of that hoodlum talib

TXBRONC
09-19-2016, 06:49 AM
Oh shut the **** up and eat crow Eeyore. You were wrong. AGAIN. Own it.......in less than 60 words if ya could.

Own it? Maybe. In less than 60 words? Not in this universe.

Mike
09-19-2016, 08:35 AM
He did play: He's the #4 CB, so first guy up if ANY of the starting trio can't go (say, due to injury or suspension...) and plays a lot of dime. Though maybe less of the latter now that the coaches have a rookie 3rd round safety they want to develop.

He made a nice play, for which he deserves and receives full credit. That's A nice play; fortunately he was AVAILABLE to make it rather than suspended for how HE spent the offseason: Beginning it by proudly telling the press he DELIBERATELY tried to SNAP A GUYS NECK in the SB, and ending it by shooting himself in the back of the leg with a gun it's not even legal to HAVE (concealed or otherwise) at the bar where it happened. I concede I've only been to a strip joint once (friends bachelor party—in Dallas, as it happens,) but my recollection is that far more than 51% of the drinks they serve have alcohol (probably closer to 91%.)

Talib and Stewart are the attitude of the defense. Obviously, Miller is the heart and top talent. But I think the swagger and pump come from the other two. The defense feeds off it.

tubby
09-19-2016, 10:50 AM
So hood

Hawgdriver
09-19-2016, 10:54 AM
idk dog. I think he might still have a round or two left in the chamber.

Hawgdriver
09-19-2016, 10:57 AM
I'm not gonna spend 15 minutes going through that soup sandwich

Soup sandwich? Please. Joel serves up Bisque Dagwoods.

Valar Morghulis
09-19-2016, 11:13 AM
He is a man with a fork in a world of soup. That's why he's so angry all the time.

TXBRONC
09-19-2016, 01:09 PM
Talib and Stewart are the attitude of the defense. Obviously, Miller is the heart and top talent. But I think the swagger and pump come from the other two. The defense feeds off it.

Great, now Joel is going to come here and post three pie charts to show why he is 99.32% sure that you're wrong. He also throw in something about 1965 season with special attention to Herb Adderley and Willie Wood. :tsk:

Joel
09-19-2016, 08:40 PM
Soup sandwich? Please. Joel serves up Bisque Dagwoods.
Not on Winn though; hard to see how that comment referenced me in any way.

Simple Jaded
09-19-2016, 10:49 PM
I like chicken tortilla soup, I eat it with Frito scoops instead of a spoon. That's a solid meal.

Hawgdriver
09-19-2016, 11:25 PM
I like chicken tortilla soup, I eat it with Frito scoops instead of a spoon. That's a solid meal.

damn. now I'm hungry.

Hawgdriver
09-19-2016, 11:25 PM
Not on Winn though; hard to see how that comment referenced me in any way.

idk dude. try even harder?

MOtorboat
09-19-2016, 11:27 PM
Talib mushroom stamped Joel.

It's ugly.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-19-2016, 11:28 PM
Man. I haven't had a good bisque in years.

Joel
09-20-2016, 12:01 AM
Word salad

Dapper Dan
09-20-2016, 12:03 AM
I feel like Talib goes to bed hype and wakes up hype. Dude may even sleep hype. So hood. So hype.

TXBRONC
09-20-2016, 11:39 AM

damn. now I'm hungry.

Me too.

Poet
09-20-2016, 01:07 PM
Don't stop Talibing.

pnbronco
09-20-2016, 07:32 PM
Man. I haven't had a good bisque in years.

Dang it now I'm hungry too....a good bisque...yummy

dogfish
10-02-2016, 09:29 PM
hi, joel! hope you and the agenda are holding up well in the face of recent, adverse circumstances!

:defense:

#SoHood
#NoFlyZone

Devilspawn
10-02-2016, 09:32 PM
I approve this thread. Trade that mother ****** now!! lol

dogfish
10-02-2016, 09:33 PM
I approve this thread. Trade that mother ****** now!! lol

hi, spawn. . . who's the new chick?

Devilspawn
10-02-2016, 09:35 PM
hi, spawn. . . who's the new chick?
Jessica Lou.

Joel
10-02-2016, 10:32 PM
His value will NEVER be higher! ;)

dogfish
10-02-2016, 10:36 PM
His value will NEVER be higher! ;)

to whom?

Joel
10-02-2016, 10:50 PM
to whom?
Anyone and everyone.

TXBRONC
10-02-2016, 10:51 PM
hi, joel! hope you and the agenda are holding up well in the face of recent, adverse circumstances!

#SoHood
#NoFlyZone

Just you wait.Joel will be loading up a long circular argument thread, complete with graphs and charts and a reference to 1965 just for you.

dogfish
10-02-2016, 10:53 PM
Anyone and everyone.

so, you admit that we should keep him for now?

TXBRONC
10-02-2016, 10:57 PM
Anyone and everyone.

So that means he's just as valuable to Denver. In that case they should avoid the dumbassery of trading him. :nod:

Simple Jaded
10-02-2016, 10:59 PM
Worth it!

MOtorboat
10-02-2016, 11:00 PM
Anyone and everyone.

Lol.

Derp.

Hawgdriver
10-02-2016, 11:00 PM
Just you wait.Joel will be loading up a long circular argument thread, complete with graphic and charts and a reference to 1965 just for you.

Gotta admit, the '65 references are tasty.

yPNFVj-pISU

Joel
10-02-2016, 11:47 PM
For now, yeah. As long as he stays on the field and clinches wins he's an asset; if he reverts to getting suspended for clinching losses he's a $10 million liability.

It's pretty simple math: The stakes just go up another $2 million in 2017, while Talib just gets a year older at a speed position he plays like an MMA fighter.

MOtorboat
10-02-2016, 11:49 PM
For now, yeah. As long as he stays on the field and clinches wins he's an asset; if he reverts to getting suspended for clinching losses he's a $10 million liability.

It's pretty simple math: The stakes just go up another $2 million in 2017, while Talib just gets a year older at a speed position he plays like an MMA fighter.

The butt hurt is palpable.

Poet
10-02-2016, 11:56 PM

Talib makes turnover producing plays with incredible smarts and graceful athleticism. He's far more than just a mauler.

TXBRONC
10-02-2016, 11:59 PM
Talib makes turnover producing plays with incredible smarts and graceful athleticism. He's far more than just a mauler.

You have to keep in mind by his own admitance he doesn't actually watch the games. He sees a few highlights and fills in the rest he own biases.

Simple Jaded
10-03-2016, 12:01 AM
Gotta admit, the '65 references are tasty.

yPNFVj-pISU

Well, sweet little sista's high as hell, cheating on a halo
Grind in an odyssey, a holocaust, a heart kicking on tomorrow
And a breakdown agony, I said an extacy in overdrive
We're riding on the world, Thunder kissin' nineteen-sixty, five, yeah, wow!
Five, yeah, wow!
The demon warp is
Coming alive
In nineteen-sixty, five, five, five!

Livin' fast and dying young a like an endless poetry.
My motorcycle nightmare freak out inside of me.
My soul salvation, liberation, on the drive.
The power of the blaster, move me faster,
Nineteen-sixty, five, yeah, wow!
Five, yeah, wow!
The demon warp is
Coming alive

Oh, shout!
Said
Said yeah! give it back, give it back, now!
Now!
Now!
Yeah, now!
Rollin' like a supersonic, another fool to get down on it.
Pig sweat a million miles, I've got a heart atomic style.
Make it look easy. That's what I said.
A blast of silence explodes in my head

Yeah!
Yeah!
Yeah!

Give it back, give it back, now!
Give it back, give it back

Step to the moonshine, feeds the hell, the resurrection.
What's new *****-cat? Can you dig the satisfaction?
Well you can't take it with you, but you can in overdrive.
Yeah, some like it hot. Yeah, twisted, nineteen-sixty, five, yeah, wow!
Five, yeah, wow!
The demon warp is
Coming alive

DenBronx
10-03-2016, 12:06 AM

Wtf?

dogfish
10-03-2016, 12:24 AM
For now, yeah. As long as he stays on the field and clinches wins he's an asset.

well said, joel-- this was really all that was needed. . . brevity does suit you, after all!

:welcome:

:salute:

Joel
10-03-2016, 12:47 AM
You have to keep in mind by his own admitance he doesn't actually watch the games. He sees a few highlights and fills in the rest he own biases.
If you didn't skim everyones posts (not just mine) you wouldn't falsely believe I skim all games (instead of games on nights I work, none of which are Sunday.)

Look, ya'll, I get it: Talib's made huge plays in consecutive games and managed to go A WHOLE MONTH without attempting to decapitate anyone, gouge out their eyes or shooting himself with a gun that's illegal to even HAVE in a strip bar, so he's earning his $10M. If ya'll can tolerate suspensions and behavior that would send most people to prison, I can "tolerate" lack of suspensions and solid defensive play.

Canmore
10-03-2016, 12:51 AM
If you didn't skim everyones posts (not just mine) you wouldn't falsely believe I skim all games (instead of games on nights I work, none of which are Sunday.)

Look, ya'll, I get it: Talib's made huge plays in consecutive games and managed to go A WHOLE MONTH without attempting to decapitate anyone, gouge out their eyes or shooting himself with a gun that's illegal to even HAVE in a strip bar, so he's earning his $10M. If ya'll can tolerate suspensions and behavior that would send most people to prison, I can "tolerate" lack of suspensions and solid defensive play.

You are growing.

Watchthemiddle
10-03-2016, 12:52 AM
Dog stirring the pot.....

CrazyHorse
10-03-2016, 12:56 AM
This has to be the biggest troll thread. Talib is the best corner in the game. Sherman, Revis, and Norman have nothing on him

dogfish
10-03-2016, 12:57 AM
Dog stirring the pot.....

wait. . . what?

who in the world is this?

WatchTheWhoWhat?

excuse you?

:D :welcome:

Watchthemiddle
10-03-2016, 01:14 AM
My dog!!

dogfish
10-03-2016, 01:28 AM
My dog!!

what's up, homie?

nice to see your crazy ass back in the mix. . .

we're watchin' the middle better than ever these days-- whether it's 54, 43, 26, 31, 51, 50, or some of the other dudes, the middle is pretty well locked down. . .

Watchthemiddle
10-03-2016, 01:39 AM
what's up, homie?

nice to see your crazy ass back in the mix. . .

we're watchin' the middle better than ever these days-- whether it's 54, 43, 26, 31, 51, 50, or some of the other dudes, the middle is pretty well locked down. . .

Don't for get about Sly and Wolfe.

TXBRONC
10-03-2016, 06:46 AM
Don't for get about Sly and Wolfe.

Wolfe is a beast.

Welcome back.

Simple Jaded
10-04-2016, 01:00 AM
Joel doesn't watch the games.

TXBRONC
10-04-2016, 06:55 AM
Joel doesn't watch the games.

By his own admitance.

Valar Morghulis
10-04-2016, 07:10 AM
To be fair to Joel he said he never watched a game due to work.

I don't think he needs to hand in his fan card or that his opinion is somehow irrelevant because he made a stat based assumption

Sure a lot of the time his opinion his ******* stupid, like regarding talib LMAO but this watching games shtick seems at best unfair, at worst victimisation.

Northman
10-04-2016, 08:59 AM
All i got out of your post was this,

Sure a lot of the time his opinion his ******* stupid,

Hawgdriver
10-04-2016, 09:14 AM
Lmao. Btw just got my Joel jersey from NFL store. It was in a clearance bin with a bunch of Oiler jerseys. I ain't afraid to rock the Joel duds. Few possess his special skill set.

BroncoJoe
10-04-2016, 09:34 AM
All i got out of your post was this,

Right? Along with the fact he holds several "fan" cards. I'm not even sure he's a true fan of the Broncos.

iLands
10-04-2016, 09:35 AM
Am I the only one that would love seeing the Talib/OBJ matchup? That should be next year shouldn't it?

BroncoJoe
10-04-2016, 09:37 AM
Am I the only one that would love seeing the Talib/OBJ matchup? That should be next year shouldn't it?

Oh man - that'll be epic!

Poet
10-04-2016, 12:36 PM
To be fair to Joel, stat based assumptions are better than just raw and uninformed assumptions. I think his issue with Talib is just a personality thing -- Joel comes across as the guy with the perfectly neat desk that is soft spoken and an analysis machine. Talib comes across as the exact opposite of that. Talib is a heart, soul, passion, and gritty guy who plays past the first whistle.

Timmy!
10-04-2016, 12:48 PM
Joel is Frank Grimes.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu8xp8QXOs1qcqc1ko1_400.png

slim
10-04-2016, 12:50 PM
You guys yuck it up while you can. Talib's play will start to decline in 5 or 6 years and then Joel will have the last laugh!

MOtorboat
10-04-2016, 06:46 PM
To be fair to Joel, stat based assumptions are better than just raw and uninformed assumptions. I think his issue with Talib is just a personality thing -- Joel comes across as the guy with the perfectly neat desk that is soft spoken and an analysis machine. Talib comes across as the exact opposite of that. Talib is a heart, soul, passion, and gritty guy who plays past the first whistle.

But his stats lead to the same conclusion as the eye test: one of the best corners in the league.

So...

Simple Jaded
10-04-2016, 08:29 PM
To be fair to Joel he said he never watched a game due to work.

I don't think he needs to hand in his fan card or that his opinion is somehow irrelevant because he made a stat based assumption

Sure a lot of the time his opinion his ******* stupid, like regarding talib LMAO but this watching games shtick seems at best unfair, at worst victimisation.

I'm convinced he doesn't watch most of these games, he must work a lot.

TXBRONC
10-04-2016, 08:44 PM
I'm convinced he doesn't watch most of these games, he must work a lot.

There is a 99.325% chance that this spot on.

Joel
10-05-2016, 03:42 AM
I'm convinced he doesn't watch most of these games, he must work a lot.There is a 99.325% chance that this spot on.
People who don't know what they're talking about shouldn't throw stones. ;)

TXBRONC
10-05-2016, 06:48 AM
People who don't know what they're talking about shouldn't throw stones. ;)

Then why are you still talking? :confused:

weazel
10-05-2016, 09:36 AM
Police Still Investigating Talib For Shooting http://www.foxsports640.com/police-still-investigating-talib-shooting/

Dallas police have released a statement Wednesday saying they are still investigating Broncos’ CB Aqip Talib’s possible involvement in a shooting at a strip club, the night he claimed to have been shot in the leg while hanging out with friends.

Around the sametime Talib claimed he was reportedly shot while hanging out with a large group at a park, two men were reportedly shot at a nearby Dallas strip club where the suspect fled the scene.

Talib claimed he did not remember how he was shot because he was too drunk, but that he knows he was at the park when it happened.

Police are still investigating whether Talib was actually at the park or if he was at the strip club where the two other men were shot.

Depending on Talib’s location, where he was shot, and who shot him, he could face severe legal consequences.

Talib went to the hospital for his injury, however, it was said to be minor and did not require surgery.

Coach Gary Kubiak and general manager John Elway kept in contact with Talib and allowed him to participate in training camp which started August 8th.

If legal action is taken again Talib, he will likely be suspended from the NFL.

iLands
10-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Police Still Investigating Talib For Shooting http://www.foxsports640.com/police-still-investigating-talib-shooting/

Dallas police have released a statement Wednesday saying they are still investigating Broncos’ CB Aqip Talib’s possible involvement in a shooting at a strip club, the night he claimed to have been shot in the leg while hanging out with friends.

Around the sametime Talib claimed he was reportedly shot while hanging out with a large group at a park, two men were reportedly shot at a nearby Dallas strip club where the suspect fled the scene.

Talib claimed he did not remember how he was shot because he was too drunk, but that he knows he was at the park when it happened.

Police are still investigating whether Talib was actually at the park or if he was at the strip club where the two other men were shot.

Depending on Talib’s location, where he was shot, and who shot him, he could face severe legal consequences.

Talib went to the hospital for his injury, however, it was said to be minor and did not require surgery.

Coach Gary Kubiak and general manager John Elway kept in contact with Talib and allowed him to participate in training camp which started August 8th.

If legal action is taken again Talib, he will likely be suspended from the NFL.

https://twitter.com/rlopezwfaa/status/783466015053090816

"Dallas police sources say no charges will be filed against Talib. The case is closed & they are taking his word that he shot himself."

tomjonesrocks
10-05-2016, 10:03 AM

"Dallas police sources say no charges will be filed against Talib. The case is closed & they are taking his word that he shot himself."

I didn't know he admitted to that. Thought he said he was too drunk to remember.

Talib is one lucky moter******.

DenBronx
10-05-2016, 10:10 AM

I didn't know he admitted to that. Thought he said he was too drunk to remember.

Talib is one lucky moter******.

So Plaxico got 2 years and suspended in the NFL. What kind of punishment will Talib recieve? Since the police closed the case it seems like he will get no jail time but what about the NFL? Surely Roger will punish him for it.

weazel
10-05-2016, 10:15 AM

the article I posted has nothing to do with him shooting himself, its about shooting two other guys at another point in the night. This article was posted this morning.

iLands
10-05-2016, 10:35 AM
Reminds me of the first 55 seconds of this bit the way Talib has been playing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Szayrye3fc

For reference - Plax got 4 games - but plead guilty so there was never any real question surrounding league discipline.

As an attorney, I'm of no help here. I do constitutional work (and I'm not located in Texas or Colorado). LawDog will hopefully chime in. There will probably be a great relevance that Talib's attorney is saying he shot himself (at least in some of the recent reports).

No one has snitched yet which is a good sign. Ray Lewis faced only a $250,000 fine - though the league is probably a bit more on edge post-Hernandez. Harvey Steinberg has been an ace with these issues in the past. We'll see what happens, but I'm not extremely concerned at the moment.

GEM
10-05-2016, 11:59 AM
So Plaxico got 2 years and suspended in the NFL. What kind of punishment will Talib recieve? Since the police closed the case it seems like he will get no jail time but what about the NFL? Surely Roger will punish him for it.

Plaxico did it in a nightclub in NY while drunk. Gun laws are much stricter there than Texas.They also had him dead to rights as witnesses placed him in the club at the time of the shooting. TX police say no one is talking in this case, hence having no evidence to press charges. Talib runs with a tight lipped crew.

GEM
10-05-2016, 12:01 PM
They had a news lady on 104.3 last night from TX that states that her information is that there is nothing to tie Talib to the other shootings that night and the police have released that no charges will be filed for either shooting himself or anyone else.

Tned
10-05-2016, 03:07 PM

Welcome to the south, my brother. Texas vs. New York. Since I'm no longer in P&R, I'll leave it at that.

Buff
10-05-2016, 03:09 PM
I love Dog, but we need to black hole his stupid thread. I don't even like to joke about trading Talib!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2016, 08:47 PM
I love Dog, but we need to black hole his stupid thread. I don't even like to joke about trading Talib!

That would be like shooting ourselves in the foot.

Joel
10-06-2016, 01:16 AM
Plaxico did it in a nightclub in NY while drunk.
So did Talib, and while lack of witnesses may have encouraged him to float the "at a park" story, it was always implausible that Talib was hanging out at a park at 3AM on a Sunday (plus witnesses did place him at the strip club earlier.) While NY has stricter gun laws than TX, both carrying a gun in a bar and discharing one within city limits is illegal pretty much everywhere, concealed or not.

MOtorboat
10-06-2016, 02:35 AM
So did Talib, and while lack of witnesses may have encouraged him to float the "at a park" story, it was always implausible that Talib was hanging out at a park at 3AM on a Sunday (plus witnesses did place him at the strip club earlier.) While NY has stricter gun laws than TX, both carrying a gun in a bar and discharing one within city limits is illegal pretty much everywhere, concealed or not.

No. So didn't Talib. We (the public) don't know where Talib fired the gun, only that the police won't charge, which actually tells us they don't believe it happened illegally, i.e., in the club.

Does it suck to be wrong, Joel?

TXBRONC
10-06-2016, 06:57 AM

We do not know that Talib discharged his gun in a bar.

GEM
10-06-2016, 07:03 AM

Hence the reason I said witnesses place Plaxico, they did not talib. The police don't go off your assumptions in your hate for Talib, they go off what they can prove. It's not implausible or he'd be sitting in jail on gun charges for discharging in a club while intoxicated.

Davii
10-06-2016, 07:34 AM

This is a guess. The Dallas PD and DA disagree with you or he'd be charged with a crime right now. Maybe you should stick to dealing with facts, you'd be wrong a lot less often.

capt. Jack
10-07-2016, 03:30 AM
I think the guy is a great Bronco, and I am sure glad we got him!

(Innocent until proven guilty, in a court of law)

I think that's the way it's supposed to work here in the good ole' USA?

Canmore
10-07-2016, 10:40 AM
I think the guy is a great Bronco, and I am sure glad we got him!

(Innocent until proven guilty, in a court of law)

I think that's the way it's supposed to work here in the good ole' USA?

Goodell doesn't care.

capt. Jack
10-07-2016, 10:53 AM
He is probably going to get in some kind trouble from the NFL, but I hope he can play out his contract in Denver.

TXBRONC
10-07-2016, 11:05 AM
He is probably going to get in some kind trouble from the NFL, but I hope he can play out his contract in Denver.

He'll be called into Goodell's office and if he comes across as sincerely sorry Goodell will probably not be to hard on him.

capt. Jack
10-07-2016, 11:12 AM
I hope so, I think he means alot to our team.

Poet
10-07-2016, 11:20 AM
Talib shouldn't be suspended at all.

TXBRONC
10-07-2016, 11:20 AM
I hope so, I think he means alot to our team.

Agreed, to lose him would hurt more than some people erroneously believe.

TXBRONC
10-07-2016, 11:21 AM
Talib shouldn't be suspended at all.

I don't think he'll be but you just never know with Goodell.

DenBronx
10-07-2016, 11:40 AM

Welcome to the south, my brother. Texas vs. New York. Since I'm no longer in P&R, I'll leave it at that.

I get the difference but is it any different with the NFL and Goodell? Goodell is going to do what he wants to do regardless of geography.

TXBRONC
10-07-2016, 06:55 PM
I get the difference but is it any different with the NFL and Goodell? Goodell is going to do what he wants to do regardless of geography.

Pretty much, but as I stated if you look back guys that show contrition usually catch break with Goodell.

Canmore
10-07-2016, 10:01 PM
Pretty much, but as I stated if you look back guys that show contrition usually catch break with Goodell.

Some how, I don't think Talib is going to get any breaks.

TXBRONC
10-07-2016, 10:29 PM
Some how, I don't think Talib is going to get any breaks.

Unfortunately you may be right.

But as far as I know he hasn't had a lot of run ins with Goodell. Guys who have done far worse than shoot themselves have had mild displinary action taken against them. Greg Hardy had a ten game suspension reduced to four games.

Simple Jaded
10-08-2016, 08:54 PM
Unfortunately you may be right.

But as far as I know he hasn't had a lot of run ins with Goodell. Guys who have done far worse than shoot themselves have had mild displinary action taken against them. Greg Hardy had a ten game suspension reduced to four games.

This is a great point, if there is a suspension I would hope it begins with much less than ten games before appeal.

Having said that, now that Joel is warming up to Talib I say the Broncos give him something to cry about and sign Greg Hardy.

TXBRONC
10-08-2016, 09:44 PM
This is a great point, if there is a suspension I would hope it begins with much less than ten games before appeal.

Having said that, now that Joel is warming up to Talib I say the Broncos give him something to cry about and sign Greg Hardy.

I don't know about that. I don't always agree with Joel but I wouldn't him to mutilate himself over this.

dogfish
10-08-2016, 11:11 PM

i hear ray rice is available also. . .