PDA

View Full Version : Broncos release Shiloh Keo from NFL’s suspended list

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2016, 03:37 PM
The Broncos released veteran safety Shiloh Keo from the suspended list, an NFL source confirmed, making him a free agent.

Keo, 28, joined the Broncos last December when their secondary was depleted with injuries. In four games last season, he recorded three tackles, two special-teams stops and one interception to help the Broncos earn a No. 1 playoff seed and a bye. In the AFC championship game and Super Bowl 50, Keo had three more defensive tackles.

Less than a week after the Super Bowl, however, Keo was arrested in Idaho on a charge of driving under the influence. According to Ada County, Idaho, court records, Keo pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor DUI charge and was sentenced to one year probation and his license was suspended. He also was ordered to pay a fine, speak at eight high schools and follow all requirements of the NFL’s substance-abuse policy.

Last month the NFL suspended Keo without pay for the first two games of the season for violating its substance-abuse policy. His release leaves rookie Will Parks as the No. 2 strong safety behind veteran T.J. Ward. Parks was selected in the sixth round (No. 219) of the 2016 draft out of Arizona.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/09/17/broncos-release-shiloh-keo-from-nfls-suspended-list/

WARHORSE
09-17-2016, 03:52 PM
We're doomed.

BroncoWave
09-17-2016, 04:18 PM
We're doomed.

#1 overall pick, here we come. :(

Poet
09-17-2016, 05:19 PM
At least another fifty years before a playoff win.

Simple Jaded
09-17-2016, 06:24 PM
NmZRDUO1wGQ

Simple Jaded
09-17-2016, 06:26 PM
I ******* love that commercial.

TXBRONC
09-17-2016, 09:22 PM
I ******* love that commercial.

Thematically it fits with your screen name. :wave:

Btw I've always liked that commercial as well.

Joel
09-17-2016, 10:59 PM
A shame, but natural given how we pursued safeties this offseason. Hopefully it means we're looking to extend Stewart (because a SINGLE accidental head shot in an entire CAREER doesn't make a player dirty.) We need a legit centerfielder back there, not a bunch of big-hitting out of position butterfingered LBs impersonating DBs.

ShaneFalco
09-17-2016, 11:03 PM
NOOOO SHILOOOOH

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMjA2ODIwNDExNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTEwMTU1MQ@@._ V1_UY268_CR3,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Simple Jaded
09-18-2016, 12:14 AM
Look at it this way, just like Hillman, Keo will likely still be available if they need him.

Joel
09-18-2016, 12:51 AM
Look at it this way, just like Hillman, Keo will likely still be available if they need him.
I think that significantly less likely, if only because the NFL values safeties far more than RBs. Sucking in a career that's not hiring doesn't exactly pad ones resume.

Dapper Dan
09-18-2016, 11:38 AM
I read that the Broncos released him. So I think he's gone. Then I read that he was released from suspended list. So I think that just means he's able to play now. Then I read the whole thing and realize he's gone again. What a roller coaster that was.

BroncoWave
09-18-2016, 11:49 AM
I read that the Broncos released him. So I think he's gone. Then I read that he was released from suspended list. So I think that just means he's able to play now. Then I read the whole thing and realize he's gone again. What a roller coaster that was.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/24/24f987455cb45e3fcc728467f4c673ddc07c24f85a2cecf42a b4c8d31b7246c1.jpg

Hawgdriver
09-18-2016, 12:37 PM
I think that significantly less likely, if only because the NFL values safeties far more than RBs. Sucking in a career that's not hiring doesn't exactly pad ones resume.

Hey dude. Pro tip here. When you have a possessive, use an apostrophe. That key between ; and ↵. For example, Baldur's Gate. Your welcome.

Hawgdriver
09-18-2016, 01:20 PM
I really just wanted to bring up the Baldurgate thing.

Joel
09-18-2016, 05:05 PM
Hey dude. Pro tip here. When you have a possessive, use an apostrophe. That key between ; and ↵. For example, Baldur's Gate. Your welcome.
Apostrophes alert the reader to elided letters. It's been half a millennium since English formed possessives in "es" (so long most people don't even KNOW that's what the apostrophe replaced) so an apostrophe long ago ceased being appropriate.

More recently, apostrophes have been disallowed for the possessive form of "it" for about a century, to prevent confusion with the contraction "it's." The same logic applies no more nor less to all nouns (if not all pronouns, whose possessives aren't formed with apostrophes, though the "they're/their" confusion is illustrative.)

In this case, an apostrophe in "ones" would've been wrong even a thousand years ago since it already ends in "es."

This is the grammar equivalent of a Berlin cop trying to arrest Heinrich Himmler. :tongue:

Valar Morghulis
09-18-2016, 05:05 PM
Wtf

Joel
09-18-2016, 05:07 PM
Wtf
The Americans are giving English lessons; if we're moving to fast for you just let us know. :tongue:

Simple Jaded
09-18-2016, 06:49 PM
Nerd alert!

Btw, *You're and *Too

Joel
09-18-2016, 07:37 PM
Nerd alert!

Btw, *You're and *Too
No, YOU'RE two! :mad:

Hawgdriver
09-18-2016, 10:50 PM
Apostrophes alert the reader to elided letters. It's been half a millennium since English formed possessives in "es" (so long most people don't even KNOW that's what the apostrophe replaced) so an apostrophe long ago ceased being appropriate.

More recently, apostrophes have been disallowed for the possessive form of "it" for about a century, to prevent confusion with the contraction "it's." The same logic applies no more nor less to all nouns (if not all pronouns, whose possessives aren't formed with apostrophes, though the "they're/their" confusion is illustrative.)

In this case, an apostrophe in "ones" would've been wrong even a thousand years ago since it already ends in "es."

This is the grammar equivalent of a Berlin cop trying to arrest Heinrich Himmler. :tongue:

Grammar discussions get me wet like a drowning rat. Go on.

Hawgdriver
09-18-2016, 11:00 PM

Dear BF. 'Your' is ironic b/c grammar policing is the anti-hype. But Baldur's Gate references ...

Joel
09-18-2016, 11:02 PM
Grammar discussions get me wet like a drowning rat. Go on.
That TMIed quickly. It was the uniformed German sadism, wasn't it? :redface:

Dear BF. 'Your' is ironic b/c grammar policing is the anti-hype. But Baldur's Gate references ...
Baldur's Gate (it's a proper name, so that's the correct spelling by definition) is a classic: Why do you hate America, Hawg? :bncry:

Hawgdriver
09-18-2016, 11:16 PM
Drowned rats aren't lubricious. Any moistness they experience is a cause for intense and unpleasant anxiety.

Baldur's Gate, afaik, is a chapter and location in an excellent fantasy novel by RA Salvatore that I'm reading, and an excellent PC game. Your juxtaposition of that and Paxton Lynch and a creepy NPC lech on a Broncos message board in the Football Talk forum was one of the strangest things I've seen lately, worthy of mention.

Joel
09-19-2016, 02:26 AM
Drowned rats aren't lubricious. Any moistness they experience is a cause for intense and unpleasant anxiety.
So is any lubriciousness they experience. Either way, stating that my comments caused you to share one of their traits and THEN telling me to CONTINUE is also cause for intense and unpleasant anxiety. Just because I KNOW about Eldoth doesn't mean I've (ever) included him in a party. I mean, bards; if I want a garbage thief with stunted spell casting I'll just dual-class Imoen as the designers intended—at least she can backstab!

Baldur's Gate, afaik, is a chapter and location in an excellent fantasy novel by RA Salvatore that I'm reading, and an excellent PC game. Your juxtaposition of that and Paxton Lynch and a creepy NPC lech on a Broncos message board in the Football Talk forum was one of the strangest things I've seen lately, worthy of mention.
I hesitated, but honestly can't see Lynch without getting a disturbing reminder of that guy, so when someone compared Siemians photo to the guy from the (US) Office I couldn't help noting the resemblance for the record. Someone tell the hipsters they're skeezy enough without consciously adopting the look.

FanInAZ
09-19-2016, 05:40 AM
I was honestly a little surprised to hear that he was still on the team. I when I 1st heard of the arrest, I expected the Broncos to cut him with in a day or 2.

Dapper Dan
09-20-2016, 11:05 PM
He's back. In case anyone was wondering. Broncos signed him again.

Dapper Dan
09-20-2016, 11:06 PM
Mike Klis
Mike Klis – Verified account ‏@MikeKlis

Shiloh Keo is back! Broncos have agreed to terms with the strong safety. #9sports
3:38 PM - 20 Sep 2016

BroncoWave
09-20-2016, 11:40 PM
He's back. In case anyone was wondering. Broncos signed him again.

Phew! Our Super Bowl hopes are still alive!

FanInAZ
09-20-2016, 11:54 PM
So I take it he's now making the league minimum?

turftoad
09-20-2016, 11:55 PM
He's great depth and has a throw back attitude! Plays specials teams like a rock star!

Buff
09-21-2016, 09:54 AM
Guy is a loser and I look forward to his future release.