PDA

View Full Version : The 76,000th man

LawDog
09-14-2016, 11:33 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-rookiediaries/Rookie-Diaries-The-Welcome-to-the-NFL-moment/391a8d09-6038-4ab8-9cfa-259e757156ff

Will Parks:

"The fans, the crowd – they’re not fans, they’re like our family. I felt that from the first preseason game. They’re not our fans, they’re our family. What they got, 12th man up there in Seattle? We’ve got like 76,000th man."

That's pretty cool.

BroncoJoe
09-14-2016, 11:54 AM
This part was cool too:

It was crazy before the game to see Peyton walk out the door. To be honest, that lit up a fire in my brain that said, "You need to get a Super Bowl right now. If you can’t get it right now, get it the next day. Work toward pushing your teammates so that you’re ready." I was motivated from that. I’m always motivated from my situation, my upbringing, where I come from, but seeing him – Peyton Manning – bring that trophy out, it was crazy.

It was super real because I’ve never seen him in real life. You hear all about Peyton Manning around here. You hear about all the great quarterbacks, like John Elway. In my time, it was Peyton Manning. I just missed him by a year. To see him in person ... When he walked out of that room, it was like, you’re really here. You’re here. It’s plain and simple. That was the 'Welcome to the NFL' moment. … Then to get a 21-20 win in prime time, that was definitely a 'Welcome to the NFL' moment