PDA

View Full Version : Gary Kubiak’s trust in Broncos in key situations translates to team confidence, success

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2016, 01:59 PM
A field goal would have tied the game, but Broncos coach Gary Kubiak wasn’t really interested in a tie. It was the fourth quarter Thursday night against Carolina, and the Broncos were planning to take the lead.

On fourth down and 2 feet to go from the Panthers’ 2-yard line, with 10:46 left, Kubiak whispered the play into quarterback Trevor Siemian’s ear.

Carolina’s defensive front seven is one of the best in the NFL, particularly against the run. But the Broncos were having success running the ball. Kubiak was confident his line could get a push.

Siemian handed the ball to running back C.J. Anderson, who followed fullback Andy Janovich to the left and split through a small crease in between extra offensive lineman Darrion Weems and left tackle Russell Okung. Anderson was initially stuffed, but he kept churning his legs. Okung and Janovich pushed and pulled from opposite directions until he got the first down.

“He told me he was going for it,” Anderson said of Kubiak. “I told him I would get it. I definitely have trust in those big guys up front to get the push. I don’t know if it was me. I think he was confident in the O-line and the way they played all game.”

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/09/12/gary-kubiaks-trust-in-broncos-in-key-situations-translates-to-team-confidence-success/

Poet
09-13-2016, 08:20 PM
The Panthers strength got dominated. Until they beat Denver, they can never be considered to be as dominant as we are. We own them. They are our bitches.

Chillez
09-13-2016, 10:39 PM
The Panthers strength got dominated. Until they beat Denver, they can never be considered to be as dominant as we are. We own them. They are our bitches.

Well said my friend. Denver owns their ass each and every time priceless.