PDA

View Full Version : Life on the Edge: How DeMarcus Ware and Von Miller push each other

Denver Native (Carol)
09-12-2016, 01:51 PM
The beginning came five years before DeMarcus Ware and Von Miller grabbed a Gatorade cooler and snuck up behind Gary Kubiak with a Super Bowl 50 victory in hand.

The beginning came before the blockbuster free-agent signing, before the “Dancing with the Stars” appearance and before the Super Bowl MVP award.

The beginning came a combined 114.5 sacks ago.

Long before any of that, Miller and Ware met on the field of Cowboys Stadium.

The Broncos had flown to Dallas to begin the 2011 preseason, and Miller faced the first set of expectations that have followed him ever since Executive Vice President of Football Operations/General Manager John Elway drafted him second overall.

On that field in Arlington, Texas, the rookie had his first opportunity to meet one of the game’s most-productive pass rushers.

“I just felt like it was just an instant connection,” Miller says. “You’ve got the idol and the guy that looks up to the idol. For us to have that connection, [it was] like he already knew me. And of course I already knew him. … It was something really like straight out of a movie.”

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Life-on-the-Edge-How-DeMarcus-Ware-and-Von-Miller-push-each-other/e7161ada-5002-4b9e-9bf0-32a69b6c6079

TXBRONC
09-12-2016, 02:32 PM
Ware has been a lot of fun to watch while he's been with the Broncos and it's easy to see how he and Miller feed off of each other.