PDA

View Full Version : Well, time to look forward to the team the Broncos can never beat.

Broncoknight30
09-12-2016, 11:35 AM
Looks like that offense is a hell of an offense. Again. Looking forward to seeing how Philips pressures Luck. I am concerned about that lack of pressure or push from Crick. Did not help that he did nothing against the run either.

I am looking forward to see how well CJ does. With no DT (anticipating him not being around) it may be a little harder to get yards on the ground. Hopefully, Kubiak takes a shot deep once or twice to keep those safeties back, now that they will most likely be playing up without a DT there.

It is a home game, and these are just very important.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-12-2016, 11:37 AM
Carolina has a much better line than Indianapolis. I think we'll spank em

Broncoknight30
09-12-2016, 11:53 AM
Carolina has a much better line than Indianapolis. I think we'll spank em

http://thestrangestbrew.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/christopher-walken-cut-of-your-jib.jpg

Timmy!
09-12-2016, 12:02 PM
Luck gives us fits, but his organs remember what our defense did to them. Their secondary is in complete shambles, they were signing guys off the street and lost even more against Detriot. Broncos SHOULD annihilate them.

BroncoWave
09-12-2016, 12:12 PM
The Colts suck this year, but they have always been a bad matchup for us in recent years. We should win, but I don't see it being a blowout. Especially if we're without DT.

MOtorboat
09-12-2016, 12:18 PM
I was kind of shocked by Denver's record against them. Didn't realize it was 2-10 going back to 2005.

TXBRONC
09-12-2016, 12:22 PM
For whatever reason Denver struggled, but given the circumstance I'm still confident Denver can beat them.

VonDoom
09-12-2016, 12:37 PM
I was kind of shocked by Denver's record against them. Didn't realize it was 2-10 going back to 2005.

That was mostly the Manning effect - when he was a Colt, we couldn't beat him, when he was a Bronco, he couldn't beat his former team :lol:

Hopefully things are different now. This looks like it should be a win, but that always worries me. They were already missing Vontae Davis, who usually kills us. Now they're down more guys in the secondary. Let Siemian air it out!

CoachChaz
09-12-2016, 12:44 PM
The Colts current secondary might struggle to make most rosters as special teams players.

slim
09-12-2016, 12:52 PM
That was mostly the Manning effect - when he was a Colt, we couldn't beat him, when he was a Bronco, he couldn't beat his former team :lol:

Hopefully things are different now. This looks like it should be a win, but that always worries me. They were already missing Vontae Davis, who usually kills us. Now they're down more guys in the secondary. Let Siemian air it out!

Yes, Davis and Mathis have killed us over the years....and of course Manning.

But, if Theo Riddick can run the rock on them, CJ should kill them.

VonDoom
09-12-2016, 01:03 PM
Yes, Davis and Mathis have killed us over the years....and of course Manning.

But, if Theo Riddick can run the rock on them, CJ should kill them.

Yeah, I sure hope so. Our running game looked good against a brutal front seven. Should be easier this week, but like I said, I'm always nervous when signs point to us winning.

These early games looked like some of the toughest on our schedule (the last three will be pretty brutal as well) so I'd be stoked to go 2-0. That early Sunday game at Cincy in week three does not inspire confidence, so we have to take what we can get now (and at home).

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-12-2016, 01:21 PM
The Colts current secondary might struggle to make most rosters as special teams players.

Vontae Davis has given DT a lot of trouble. Don't they still have a pro bowl safety too.

VonDoom
09-12-2016, 01:43 PM
Vontae Davis has given DT a lot of trouble. Don't they still have a pro bowl safety too.

As I said above, Davis is hurt and will miss at least the first month of the year:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5089/vontae-davis

Colts signed Cromartie I believe, but even a couple of years ago, we roasted him.

TXBRONC
09-12-2016, 02:28 PM
Denver owe the Colts a physical beat down.

Poet
09-12-2016, 02:47 PM
The Colts don't have a good defense, a good line, and I'm not sure of the ST status. The only position where they are stronger than we are resides at QB. Their speedster WR's mean nothing when Luck is getting manhandled and their defensive line is getting pushed around.

Denver cruises by 17.

GEM
09-12-2016, 05:58 PM
I think the Colts are hugely overrated. Another win. 21-17.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-12-2016, 06:05 PM

They're overrated, but we only won by 4 at home?

Come on Gem!

Poet
09-12-2016, 06:09 PM

Come on Gem!

Her statement makes sense as it allows for the following: The Colts could be a good team who are viewed as overrated in the sense that they are seen as SB Contenders when they're not; they could be hugely overrated but she doesn't expect the Broncos to put up a lot of points because of our fledgling QB; the assumption that the Colts get a garbage time score to make the game look closer than it really was, which is especially true when you have a defense based team that is not going to score a lot of points.

Hit the showers, Al.

slim
09-12-2016, 06:10 PM
Oh Lord....

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-12-2016, 06:14 PM
Her statement makes sense as it allows for the following: The Colts could be a good team who are viewed as overrated in the sense that they are seen as SB Contenders when they're not; they could be hugely overrated but she doesn't expect the Broncos to put up a lot of points because of our fledgling QB; the assumption that the Colts get a garbage time score to make the game look closer than it really was, which is especially true when you have a defense based team that is not going to score a lot of points.

Hit the showers, Al.
Fine job of ass kissing King; well done lad!

Poet
09-12-2016, 06:16 PM
Slim, GFY.

Al, you were wrong and are now considered to be my enemy for the rest of the night.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-12-2016, 06:36 PM
Slim, GFY.

Al, you were wrong and are now considered to be my enemy for the rest of the night.
You're in a later time zone. This is calculated risk.

I Eat Staples
09-12-2016, 07:05 PM
The Colts aren't a good team, but they weren't a good team the last 3 times we lost to them. All 3 of those games should have been blowouts in our favor.

They're a bad team that has our number, for whatever reason. I'm going to expect the worst until we prove otherwise.

Poet
09-12-2016, 07:16 PM
You're in a later time zone. This is calculated risk.

I'm a killer.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-12-2016, 07:18 PM
I'm a killer.
You definitely killed somn' in this thread

Poet
09-12-2016, 07:27 PM
You definitely killed somn' in this thread

In all reality my girlfriend calls me Teddy Bear. I'm just a big ole sweetheart in real life.

Az Snake
09-12-2016, 07:33 PM
The Mile High House is still Rockin' from last Thursday Night !

Colts get stomped !!

Broncos 42
colts 13

Bronco Fans are still buzzed and will continue to cause time outs and false starts.
Broncos' D will be finer tuned this Sunday.
Colts will lose turnovers.
Broncos' O has some confidence to build on.
Indy couldn't stop Detroit. (Lions couldn't stop the Colts)
Prater won it lol.
Broncos will win big !

This game will send the Broncos steaming into Cincy defying all the naysayers !!
Broncos will quiet down the Bungles' house real fast !!!

Broncos 42
bungles 13

Poet
09-12-2016, 07:35 PM
The colts actually might not score ten points.

TXBRONC
09-12-2016, 07:54 PM

But according Colin Cowturd Denver is falling off a cliff, so Denver has no chance.

BroncoWave
09-12-2016, 07:57 PM

Overrated by whom? Everything I've heard about them this offseason is about how bad their roster is and how they probably aren't a playoff team.

BroncoWave
09-12-2016, 07:58 PM

Hit the showers, Al.

I have literally not heard a single person call them Super Bowl contenders any time in the last year.

Poet
09-12-2016, 08:12 PM
I have literally not heard a single person call them Super Bowl contenders any time in the last year.

I don't give a **** about what you have and have not heard. Listen better, style brother!

OrangeHoof
09-12-2016, 08:14 PM
This is the NFL. Exploit your opponent's weakness. With Newton, it was his brain. With Luck, it's his kidneys. C'mon D. Y'all know what to do.

BroncoWave
09-12-2016, 08:17 PM
I don't give a **** about what you have and have not heard. Listen better, style brother!

The vast, vast majority of people agree that they are not a very good team. Hence, they are not overrated. I think it was Todd McShay a few weeks ago saying they have one of the 5 worst rosters in the NFL.

Poet
09-12-2016, 08:19 PM
The vast, vast majority of people agree that they are not a very good team. Hence, they are not overrated. I think it was Todd McShay a few weeks ago saying they have one of the 5 worst rosters in the NFL.

There are a lot of people picking them as Darkhorse picks. I don't know who Todd McShay is. If he was Todd McStyle I might give a ****.

BroncoWave
09-12-2016, 08:19 PM
There are a lot of people picking them as Darkhorse picks. I don't know who Todd McShay is. If he was Todd McStyle I might give a ****.

Those people are idiots then. I only listen to intelligent football people, and ain't none of them watch nothing the Colts do.

Poet
09-12-2016, 08:28 PM
I still don't know who this McNoStyle is, though.

GEM
09-12-2016, 10:24 PM

Come on Gem!

I don't count on our offense scoring a shit ton this season. Our offense does enough to put some points on the board, but our defense is what wins us games. We're not dealing with a stellar offense here, Al.

GEM
09-12-2016, 10:27 PM
Overrated by whom? Everything I've heard about them this offseason is about how bad their roster is and how they probably aren't a playoff team.

As long as they have Luck, they're treated as upper echelon. Same problem Indy has always had, they put all their eggs in the qb basket.

BroncoWave
09-12-2016, 10:32 PM
As long as they have Luck, they're treated as upper echelon. Same problem Indy has always had, they put all their eggs in the qb basket.

2 years ago I think you would have been right, but I think most people have caught on now. Like I was saying, I can't remember too many people predicting big things out of them this year. That roster is bad around Luck. I would be pissed if I were a Colts fan and they were just wasting the career of such a great player.

GEM
09-12-2016, 10:43 PM
I probably did give them too much credit there. I don't see this as a cake walk, I think it's going to be close.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-12-2016, 11:30 PM
I don't count on our offense scoring a shit ton this season. Our offense does enough to put some points on the board, but our defense is what wins us games. We're not dealing with a stellar offense here, Al.
We hung 21 on the Panthers even with 3 turnovers in scoring territory.

Denver 31-Indy 13

Hawgdriver
09-13-2016, 12:33 AM
Luck gives us fits, but his organ remembers what our defense did to it.

Reads like Penthouse forums, but homostyle. It really tumesces. You have a gift and you are wasting it here. They don't appreciate it. For a title, maybe Hard Luck?

BroncoWave
09-13-2016, 12:36 AM
As others have said, the Colts are one of those teams that just have our number, kinda in the same way we have the Pats number. Some teams are just a bad matchup for others. I think the Colts are weaker this year than in years past, and we should match up better than before, but Luck just always seems to give us fits. I'm not going to count them out as long as he's playing. I think we win, but I don't think it's a blowout at all.

Hawgdriver
09-13-2016, 12:45 AM
There is no way Denver can possibly win this game. I opened a fortune cookie and it said 'the young and uncastrated horses will revel in the Western scape, while the wild and untamed will like A-Gap gape.' Actually it wasn't a fortune cookie, and I didn't really open anything I just made all that up if you can believe it. Actually Denver will win.

Poet
09-13-2016, 12:47 AM
There is no way Denver can possibly win this game. I opened a fortune cookie and it said 'the young and uncastrated horses will revel in the Western scape, while the wild and untamed will like A-Gap gape.' Actually it wasn't a fortune cookie, and I didn't really open anything I just made all that up if you can believe it. Actually Denver will win.

Are you trying to **** around and get styled on?

Joel
09-13-2016, 04:13 AM
But according Colin Cowturd Denver is falling off a cliff, so Denver has no chance.
And the Panthers will keep on dabbing. Which they did: While we fell on THEM (again.)

Joel
09-13-2016, 04:16 AM
Most people I've seen (which is by no means all) venture a guess pick HOUSTON to win the division. Which ought to tell us everything anyone needs to know about how lowly regarded the Colts are. They have the same problem we do: Until/unless they cobble together 5-6 blockers worthy of the name, all the skill players in the world can only do so much before any decent D slams them to the turf. The good news for Indy is they have Luck; the bad news is they don't have our D.

BigDaddyBronco
09-13-2016, 07:41 AM
I think the Colts have our number if PFM is involved. It didn't matter if he was on their sideline or ours, we seemed to lose when he was on the field and we played the Colts. Now is time to set a new legacy.

Hawgdriver
09-13-2016, 09:26 AM
Are you trying to **** around and get styled on?

Hawgdriver can neither admit nor deny he is trying to **** around and get styled on. Hawgdriver objects to the terms **** and styled as vague and overbroad.

olathebroncofan
09-13-2016, 09:37 AM
This is the NFL. Exploit your opponent's weakness. With Newton, it was his brain. With Luck, it's his kidneys. C'mon D. Y'all know what to do.

Were you on the Saints staff during bounty gate?

VonDoom
09-13-2016, 09:46 AM
I think the Colts have our number if PFM is involved. It didn't matter if he was on their sideline or ours, we seemed to lose when he was on the field and we played the Colts. Now is time to set a new legacy.

They're doing a ceremony before this game where they're moving the retired numbers inside the stadium. Technically, #18 is retired for Tripucka, but Manning will be on hand. Will that mess up our mojo?

Broncoknight30
09-13-2016, 09:46 AM

What is the Broncos record against Luck, including the play offs?

I think they did beat them at least once. I believe in 2014. Regular season that is.

VonDoom
09-13-2016, 09:49 AM

I think they did beat them at least once. I believe in 2014. Regular season that is.

I believe we're 1-3 - losses in 2013, the terrible playoff loss in 2014, and last year. The two regular season losses were in Indy. The one win was opening day of 2014, in Denver.

BigDaddyBronco
09-13-2016, 10:35 AM
I believe we're 1-3 - losses in 2013, the terrible playoff loss in 2014, and last year. The two regular season losses were in Indy. The one win was opening day of 2014, in Denver.

How many did we lose to Manning when he was the QB of the Colts? I just looked it up. We were 2-8 against Manning, the 2 victories were followed up by playoff losses to the Colts in the same season.

Yea, they have had our number.

Joel
09-14-2016, 05:53 AM

Correct, but even that one (at home) we nearly blew to open our season. Roby had a field day in his first career game though; saved the game by swatting Indys last chance away from Reggie Wayne.

EastCoastBronco
09-14-2016, 08:18 AM
After all of the uproar that has been raised about us lighting up Newton without any recourse I am guessing that the laundry will be flying all over the place.
The game will be tight because we will have to "dial it down" a notch on D.
Wait and see...

BroncoWave
09-14-2016, 09:18 AM
How many did we lose to Manning when he was the QB of the Colts? I just looked it up. We were 2-8 against Manning, the 2 victories were followed up by playoff losses to the Colts in the same season.

Yea, they have had our number.

One of those 2 wins was against Jim Sorgi in week 17 when the Colts were resting their starters. So we really only beat Manning once.

BigDaddyBronco
09-14-2016, 09:34 AM
One of those 2 wins was against Jim Sorgi in week 17 when the Colts were resting their starters. So we really only beat Manning once.

Good point. Let's all hope is was just bad Manning juju.

Joel
09-15-2016, 04:38 AM
As a side note, looking back on our record against Indy during Mannings career:

Does it feel really weird to anyone else that this is the FIRST Broncos/Colts game in nearly TWENTY YEARS that WON'T involve Peyton Manning (except as a spectator)? If that needs additional context: The first Manningless Broncos/Colts game since Elway retired.
Also: First punk who says anything lippy gets the sprinklers full blast. :coffee:

BroncoWave
09-15-2016, 09:26 AM
As a side note, looking back on our record against Indy during Mannings career:

Does it feel really weird to anyone else that this is the FIRST Broncos/Colts game in nearly TWENTY YEARS that WON'T involve Peyton Manning (except as a spectator)? If that needs additional context: The first Manningless Broncos/Colts game since Elway retired.
Also: First punk who says anything lippy gets the sprinklers full blast. :coffee:

Even longer than that actually. 1993 is the last time the two teams played when Manning wasn't involved. By some odd scheduling quirk, they didn't play between 1993 an 2002.

Joel
09-17-2016, 09:57 PM
Even longer than that actually. 1993 is the last time the two teams played when Manning wasn't involved. By some odd scheduling quirk, they didn't play between 1993 an 2002.
While that's technically true, Manning didn't loom over those non-games as he did a dozen seasons worth of actual games. It's embarrassing to admit I don't even KNOW how schedules were determined before re-alignment. The simplicity of figuring out schedules (even DECADES in advance, except for a pair of TBD games based on division standings) may be the best argument for the new alignment.

Point being, Mannings impact on the Broncos has been no less than that on the whole league, and not just by taking us to a pair of SBs culminating in a world championship. Manning lighting up our secondary for >40 pts in consecutive playoff games was both the beginning of the end for Shanny and the beginning of Denvers transformation from an offensive juggernaught with a porous secondary to one whose secondary is its greatest strength. Manning's why we traded second-year star Clinton Portis (the center of our post-Elway offense) for Champ Bailey AND spent our next drafts first THREE picks on CBs.

After all that, a broken down Manning still had enough left to take over an offense led by more of a conversation piece than a QB and revive the juggernaught. SHATTER every offensive record in the book and lead us to those two SBs and that championship. It was only fitting that, when we were in danger of falling to a wildcard despite beating BOTH the AFCs other top teams, it was Manning who hobbled in to once again lead our drifting offense to the ultimate victory.

Broncos history could fairly be divided into Before Elway and After Elway, but can also fairly be divided between the Elway era and the era of the QB whose first NFL season was Elways final one. It was a different world before, during and after Elway, and equally so before, during and after Manning. He left deep indelible marks on the franchise as both foe and friend.

Dean
09-18-2016, 08:30 PM
Well, time to look back to the team the Broncos just now beat.

Joel
09-18-2016, 09:51 PM
Well, time to look back to the team the Broncos just now beat.
If only the NFL worked that way. The Bengals are a talented team, especially on D, but a game back of both Pitt and Baltimore as we arrive for their home opener. At least Burficts suspension doesn't end until immediately AFTER that game. With Ware, Stephenson and Green hurt, it won't get easier next week, so our guys don't have long to enjoy getting the Indy monkey off their backs.