PDA

View Full Version : Rapoport: Broncos looked into trading for Case Keenum

VonDoom
09-09-2016, 08:56 AM
I didn't see this anywhere else and it was kind of lost in the game stuff going on yesterday, but I thought this was interesting. Broncos did their diligence but it sounds like the Rams were asking for way too much:

Denver kept tabs on Keenum during the preseason, going as far as to conduct trade talks with the Los Angeles Rams, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via a source informed of the discussions.

The Rams would have required a "huge pick or player compensation" to move their Week 1 starter, Rapoport added, but the Broncos never offered a high enough draft pick or a talented cornerback such as Aqib Talib or Bradley Roby.

Broncos coach Gary Kubiak has a familiarity with Keenum going back to their days with the Houston Texans, when the former University of Houston standout started eight games over Matt Schaub during the 2013 season.

Once Siemian showed enough in training camp and preseason action to instill confidence in Denver's coaching staff, though, the Broncos pulled the plug on trade talks.

I'm not sure if they were specifically looking for Talib or Roby, but obviously that wasn't going to happen. The Vikings traded a first rounder for Bradford, but there was no way Elway was going to trade a high pick or great player for Keenum. As usual, they believed in the guys they had, and that's why Siemian was out there last night.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000697111/article/broncos-rams-talked-case-keenum-trade-in-august

Slick
09-09-2016, 09:08 AM
Glad they didn't make that move. You need 3 good corners in today's NFL.

BigDaddyBronco
09-09-2016, 09:52 AM
I think Siemian and Keenum are very similar in terms of ability, both roughly the same size and accurate throwers. Keenum just has more experience. I'm glad they chose to roll with Trevor.

LawDog
09-09-2016, 11:35 AM
It also indicates that they never had a lot of confidence in Sanchize.

Poet
09-09-2016, 02:28 PM
The fact that any team thinks they should be able to leverage a lot out of a player like Keenum is sad. QB's literally mean so much in today's NFL. Blargh.

TXBRONC
09-09-2016, 02:34 PM
I think Siemian and Keenum are very similar in terms of ability, both roughly the same size and accurate throwers. Keenum just has more experience. I'm glad they chose to roll with Trevor.

No kidding. They really couldn't have been to serious moving Keenum if they were expecitng a high draft pick or an impact player.

TXBRONC
09-09-2016, 02:38 PM
The fact that any team thinks they should be able to leverage a lot out of a player like Keenum is sad. QB's literally mean so much in today's NFL. Blargh.

Either they weren't really interested dealing Keenum or they're delusional about what a journeyman quarterback is worth.

I Eat Staples
09-09-2016, 08:26 PM
Trading anything of value for Keenum would have been a huge mistake. The Vikings trade for Bradford is one of the worst trades in the NFL in a long, long time. Maybe one of the worst ever. 1st and 4th round picks for one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL.

Canmore
09-09-2016, 11:32 PM
Trading anything of value for Keenum would have been a huge mistake. The Vikings trade for Bradford is one of the worst trades in the NFL in a long, long time. Maybe one of the worst ever. 1st and 4th round picks for one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL.

That fourth can be as high as a second depending.

Simple Jaded
09-10-2016, 12:33 AM
Keemun is a scrub, this news is unnerving. No more former Kubiak pets (unless it's Eug Monroe), the Broncos still have dead money from Shelley Smith.

Shelley. Smith.

Joel
09-10-2016, 04:42 AM
Since I'm also a fan of several lesser teams, I watched them Keenums rookie year and remember some commentator saying early in the season that Kubiak saw a lot of his play since it was just down the street, really liked him and wanted to draft him in the 7th round, but couldn't get the GM/owner to agree, so wound up not-so-casually "watching casually" in hopes everyone else would pass on Keenum so Kubiak could sign him as an UDFA: When they did, HE did, immediately.

In my mind, that, combined with drafting Yates way down in the 5th the previous year, confirmed what I'd long suspected: Riding Schaub to the bitter end wasn't Kubiaks idea, but one or both of his bosses' idea. So guess when Schaub went down in flames, who else got "fired" along with him?

Regardless, if Kubiak was that high on Keenum as a rookie UDFA, it's pretty much a given that he's FAR more impressed with Keenum earning an NFL starting job. As things have gone, I think (at least until there's evidence otherwise) we'd be better off even if the Rams weren't dramatically overvaluing a guy even THEY want to replace (what is it with teams thinking even backup "starting" QBs are gold plated; first Kaep, now KEENUM?!)

Frankly, that Yates and Keenum continued to be in ever more demand even as Schaub dropped off the face of the Earth just underscores my opinion of Houstons real QB problem. Conversely, it reassures me that OUR future QB depth chart is in very capable hands (even if it strongly suggests Houston's screwed WHOEVER the coach is; it's not like ANY of their QBs have exactly "improved" in the two years since they scapegoated Kubiak for their own obstinance, but my second-favorite teams loss is my favorite teams gain.)

So I'd trust Kubiaks assessment of Keenum (it's certainly interesting that Kubiak chose Davis even though Yates remains available) but am glad we didn't pay a kings ransom for a guy we'd be lucky to get as much out of as Siemian, on whom I also trust Kubiaks assessment.

Simple Jaded
09-10-2016, 05:51 PM
That's it, when Kubiak pounds the table for a player that player should immediately be removed from the big board.

BroncoWave
09-10-2016, 05:53 PM
That fourth can be as high as a second depending.

The Vikings have to either go to or win the Super Bowl for the 4th to become a 2nd. So if that happens, then the trade will have been well worth it.

slim
09-10-2016, 05:54 PM
That's it, when Kubiak pounds the table for a player that player should immediately be removed from the big board.

He pounded the table for TD

slim
09-10-2016, 05:55 PM
Jaded, are you opted in to the lounge?

Simple Jaded
09-11-2016, 12:43 AM

I don't know.

MOtorboat
09-11-2016, 08:59 AM
He pounded the table for TD

How about we just avoid any of the shit quarterbacks Houston had during his tenure?

Joel
09-11-2016, 09:11 AM
How about we just avoid any of the shit quarterbacks Houston had during his tenure?
Evidently he's just fine with that: We dumped Sanchez and signed Austin, while TJ Yates remains sitting by his phone waiting for 32 calls that never come. Frankly, I think the Rams would be better off with him than with Keenum, but NEITHER'S coming to Denver any time soon. The kind of QBs Houstons FO allowed him to employ are the primary reason they no longer employ HIM, which worked out pretty well for him and us—but not for the Texans.

MOtorboat
09-11-2016, 09:13 AM
Evidently he's just fine with that: We dumped Sanchez and signed Austin, while TJ Yates remains sitting by his phone waiting for 32 calls that never come. Frankly, I think the Rams would be better off with him than with Keenum, but NEITHER'S coming to Denver any time soon. The kind of QBs Houstons FO allowed him to employ are the primary reason they no longer employ HIM, which worked out pretty well for him and us—but not for the Texans.

I like how you conveniently blame the Houston front office for the quarterbacks you don't like, and praise Kubiak for stumping for the quarterbacks you do like. It's one or the other, and as usual, you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Joel
09-11-2016, 10:58 AM
I like how you conveniently blame the Houston front office for the quarterbacks you don't like, and praise Kubiak for stumping for the quarterbacks you do like. It's one or the other, and as usual, you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.
"Like" is a big word; acknowledging Yates is better than Schaub isn't exactly setting the bar high, but here's Houstons draft history (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/htx/draft.htm). A person could go blind looking for QBs. Yates is actually the MOST RECENT they drafted, right after Keo: In 2011. That might make sense if they had someone like Rodgers, but look what they rolled through the season and into the playoffs with last year.

Brian Hoyer (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HoyeBr00.htm)

Ryan Mallett (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MallRy00.htm)

T.J. Yates (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YateT.00.htm)

Brandon Weeden (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WeedBr00.htm)

Or the previous year.

Ryan Fitzpatrick (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FitzRy00.htm)

Case Keenum (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KeenCa00.htm)

Ryan Mallett (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MallRy00.htm)

Can't blame any of that on Kubiak: He wasn't even THERE. In the Texans' 15 year existence they've drafted a total of FIVE QBs, only TWO before the 5th (i.e. Carr #1 overall in 2002, Dave Ragone in the 3rd in 2003, BJ Symons in the 7th in 2004, Alex Brink in the 7th in 2008 and Yates in the 5th in 2011.) That team should thank God, Kubiak, Wade and Dennison for EVER carrying it to ANY playoff, let alone WINNING a couple (though maybe Marvin Lewis deserves credit for that last part. ;))

EDIT: They've drafted six QBs in 15 years, I just overlooked Tom Savage in the 4th in 2014. The year after Schaubs implosion left with nothing but Yates and Keenum under center, and a 2-14 record that secured the #1 overall pick—which they spent on Clowney, and look how well THAT'S worked out ("Super Mario" Bros. 2?)

Simple Jaded
09-11-2016, 02:31 PM

I am, I went to check and stayed up all night trying to find my post in your looooooong ass thread.

VonDoom
09-13-2016, 09:52 AM
Keenum led his team to zero points last night, on 17 for 35 passing for 130 yards. So glad we stayed away.

slim
09-13-2016, 01:26 PM
I am, I went to check and stayed up all night trying to find my post in your looooooong ass thread.

Okay, good.

I think that was time well spent.

topscribe
03-18-2018, 09:00 PM
:bump:

Just reviewing how the Broncos tried to trade for Keenum some time ago. Of course, their
interest was a bit greater this year after this last season.

Tned
03-18-2018, 09:32 PM
Forgot about that.

Simple Jaded
03-18-2018, 09:44 PM
Kubiak will doom this regime.

Bump this in another two years.

Simple Jaded
03-18-2018, 09:58 PM
Since I'm also a fan of several lesser teams, I watched them Keenums rookie year and remember some commentator saying early in the season that Kubiak saw a lot of his play since it was just down the street, really liked him and wanted to draft him in the 7th round, but couldn't get the GM/owner to agree, so wound up not-so-casually "watching casually" in hopes everyone else would pass on Keenum so Kubiak could sign him as an UDFA: When they did, HE did, immediately.

In my mind, that, combined with drafting Yates way down in the 5th the previous year, confirmed what I'd long suspected: Riding Schaub to the bitter end wasn't Kubiaks idea, but one or both of his bosses' idea. So guess when Schaub went down in flames, who else got "fired" along with him?

Regardless, if Kubiak was that high on Keenum as a rookie UDFA, it's pretty much a given that he's FAR more impressed with Keenum earning an NFL starting job. As things have gone, I think (at least until there's evidence otherwise) we'd be better off even if the Rams weren't dramatically overvaluing a guy even THEY want to replace (what is it with teams thinking even backup "starting" QBs are gold plated; first Kaep, now KEENUM?!)

Frankly, that Yates and Keenum continued to be in ever more demand even as Schaub dropped off the face of the Earth just underscores my opinion of Houstons real QB problem. Conversely, it reassures me that OUR future QB depth chart is in very capable hands (even if it strongly suggests Houston's screwed WHOEVER the coach is; it's not like ANY of their QBs have exactly "improved" in the two years since they scapegoated Kubiak for their own obstinance, but my second-favorite teams loss is my favorite teams gain.)

So I'd trust Kubiaks assessment of Keenum (it's certainly interesting that Kubiak chose Davis even though Yates remains available) but am glad we didn't pay a kings ransom for a guy we'd be lucky to get as much out of as Siemian, on whom I also trust Kubiaks assessment.

El oh mother****ing el.

Oops!

Simple Jaded
03-18-2018, 10:02 PM
Dude, I’m not even a Schaub honk but if you’d rather have Keenum or Yates over Schaub you need to find a new way to make a living.

There’s 100-or-more Keenum’s and Yates in every single draft.

topscribe
03-18-2018, 10:23 PM
Dude, I’m not even a Schaub honk but if you’d rather have Keenum or Yates over Schaub you need to find a new way to make a living.

There’s 100-or-more Keenum’s and Yates in every single draft.
So 100 other QBs finished a season with the top QBR in the league. mmkay . . .

But it's really not a very fair comparison. Schaub has been in the league for 13 years so
he has had far more time to prove himself than has Keenum. Schaub did go to the Pro
Bowl twice, and he even was MVP in one of them. But in those 13 years, he was worth a
hoot in six of them. Two of those years were pretty good, and the others were pretty
journeyman. The other seven years, he was backup quality or just plain scrub.
During these last four years, it is Schaub who really should have found some other way
to make a living.

It shouldn't be hard for Keenum's career to exceed Schaub's over 13 years . . .

Simple Jaded
03-18-2018, 10:28 PM
So 100 other QBs finished a season with the top QBR in the league. mmkay . . .

But it's really not a very fair comparison. Schaub has been in the league for 13 years so
he has had far more time to prove himself than has Keenum. Schaub did go to the Pro
Bowl twice, and he even was MVP in one of them. But in those 13 years, he was worth a
hoot in six of them. Two of those years were pretty good, and the others were pretty
journeyman. The other seven years, he was backup quality or just plain scrub.
During these last four years, it is Schaub who really should have found some other way
to make a living.

It shouldn't be hard for Keenum's career to exceed Schaub's over 13 years . . .

Schaub didn’t have to spend years as a backup, because he wasn’t garbage. I’m not saying Schaub was great, I’m saying Keenum is a backup talent that can be found every stinking draft. All they need is a sentimental old backup QB looking to live vicariously through them for 6 years.

Btw, QBR? I’m not familiar with this argument, do tell?

topscribe
03-18-2018, 10:57 PM
Schaub didn’t have to spend years as a backup, because he wasn’t garbage. I’m not saying Schaub was great, I’m saying Keenum is a backup talent that can be found every stinking draft. All they need is a sentimental old backup QB looking to live vicariously through them for 6 years.

Btw, QBR? I’m not familiar with this argument, do tell?
Quarterback rating. I provided the chart for you yesterday. That is given more credence than passer rating.

Schaub has had seven backup/garbage years among his 13. Research it. I did.

Simple Jaded
03-19-2018, 05:21 AM
Quarterback rating. I provided the chart for you yesterday. That is given more credence than passer rating.

Schaub has had seven backup/garbage years among his 13. Research it. I did.
He was a backup for 1, maybe 2 seasons before being traded for a premium pick, the rest came after his prime. Nice try.

I don’t even like Schaub, this is surreal.

Btw, I aware of the supposed difference between QBR and passer rating, I just don’t bother distinguishing between the two for fear of brain damage . I was mocking your argument because it’s old and tired.

Cugel
03-19-2018, 09:09 AM
I didn't see this anywhere else and it was kind of lost in the game stuff going on yesterday, but I thought this was interesting. Broncos did their diligence but it sounds like the Rams were asking for way too much:

I'm not sure if they were specifically looking for Talib or Roby, but obviously that wasn't going to happen. The Vikings traded a first rounder for Bradford, but there was no way Elway was going to trade a high pick or great player for Keenum. As usual, they believed in the guys they had, and that's why Siemian was out there last night.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000697111/article/broncos-rams-talked-case-keenum-trade-in-august

OK. This was the story in August of 2016, not August 2017. Sure, Kubiak wanted Keenum so they inquired with the Rams about getting him, but Jeff Fisher wouldn't trade.

Then the Rams sucked with Keenum, Goff and Foles, and fired Jeff Fisher, while the Broncos got "more comfortable" with Trevor Siemian starting and dropped efforts to trade.

I've heard this story repeated on the radio several times, so it's probably just true that the Broncos (or Kubiak) have wanted Keenum for a while now. Since Kubiak is master-minding Denver's QB search, that was probably the way it was always going to come down.

topscribe
03-19-2018, 11:07 AM
He was a backup for 1, maybe 2 seasons before being traded for a premium pick, the rest came after his prime. Nice try.

Btw, I aware of the supposed difference between QBR and passer rating, I just don’t bother distinguishing between the two for fear of brain damage . I was mocking your argument because it’s old and tired.
Well, it may be "old and tired" to you, but they have that measurement for a reason. The QBR is a
guide for judging the total performance of a quarterback. The passer rating reveals just the passing
aspect, which is only a part of the quarterback's performance. Personally, I don't believe it is as
"old and tired" as baseless opinions, which has all I have gotten so far from anyone trying to debate
this with me.

Your saying "1, maybe 2" is a case in point. You are the one who brought up Schaub and attempted
to compare him to Keenum. I answered with specifics, and your response is "old and tired." So I
infer, then, that anything you say has merit, and anything I say does not.

Okay, my friend, we'll leave it at that. We've established that I know nothing. Happy mocking.

Freyaka
03-19-2018, 11:35 AM

I just got the impression that you were mocking it because you enjoy mocking people you don't agree with... You know, rather than peaceful discussions.

I guess I do it too occasionally...

chazoe60
03-19-2018, 11:41 AM
I just got the impression that you were mocking it because you enjoy mocking people you don't agree with... You know, rather than peaceful discussions.

I love how all of the sudden you are now an expert on MB decorum. You know, you, the guy who has sent me no less than three rep comments trolling me in some fashion. My favorite was when you tried to spoil the end of the last Jedi for me after I had already seen it. Classic! Where has your buddy CoreyWingnut been by the way, he's another stand up guy.

BroncoJoe
03-19-2018, 11:43 AM
I love how all of the sudden you are now an expert on MB decorum. You know, you, the guy who has sent me no less than three rep comments trolling me in some fashion. My favorite was when you tried to spoil the end of the last Jedi for me after I had already seen it. Classic! Where has your buddy CoreyWingnut been by the way, he's another stand up guy.

:popcorn:

Freyaka
03-19-2018, 11:43 AM

I've left you alone for months now chazoze. I'm playing nice and not interacting with you. Besides, I really don't give a crap what you think...

Did I handle myself wrong in the past? Absolutely. Am I acting that way still? Nope, I'm trying to leave you alone and not antagonize you.

chazoe60
03-19-2018, 11:47 AM
:popcorn:

Nothing to see here Joe.

BroncoJoe
03-19-2018, 11:48 AM
Nothing to see here Joe.

OK. I'll just eat my popcorn then.

chazoe60
03-19-2018, 11:48 AM
OK. I'll just eat my popcorn then.
Are you gonna share?

BroncoJoe
03-19-2018, 11:52 AM
Are you gonna share?

No. You dissed me when you were in town a few months ago. Something about hanging out with your buddies instead of having a beer with me.

I'm still not over that.

BroncoJoe
03-19-2018, 11:53 AM
No. You dissed me when you were in town a few months ago. Something about hanging out with your buddies instead of having a beer with me.

I'm still not over that.

PS: Waiting to CoachChaz to weigh in on being dissed...

Freyaka
03-19-2018, 12:02 PM
And, for the record chazoze, my response to jaded was meant to be humor, not a lecture on mb etiquette...

Which is why I pointed out that I did it to at times...

slim
03-19-2018, 01:14 PM

I agree. Leaving out the stats that don't support your argument is always a good idea.

Simple Jaded
03-19-2018, 02:12 PM
I agree. Leaving out the stats that don't support your argument is always a good idea.

That Schaub didn’t need 6 years as a backup to earn a starting job?

Simple Jaded
03-19-2018, 02:14 PM

Oh no, I was mocking it. No misunderstanding there.

TXBRONC
03-19-2018, 02:27 PM
That Schaub didn’t need 6 years as a backup to earn a starting job?

Kurt Warner was released from the Packers and couldn't even get job as a back up for four years. If it wasn't for injury to Trent Green he may have never gotten a chance to start.

Simple Jaded
03-19-2018, 02:33 PM
Well, it may be "old and tired" to you, but they have that measurement for a reason. The QBR is a
guide for judging the total performance of a quarterback. The passer rating reveals just the passing
aspect, which is only a part of the quarterback's performance. Personally, I don't believe it is as
"old and tired" as baseless opinions, which has all I have gotten so far from anyone trying to debate
this with me.

Your saying "1, maybe 2" is a case in point. You are the one who brought up Schaub and attempted
to compare him to Keenum. I answered with specifics, and your response is "old and tired." So I
infer, then, that anything you say has merit, and anything I say does not.

Okay, my friend, we'll leave it at that. We've established that I know nothing. Happy mocking.

And by “Old and tired” I mean it’s all you have, sure it has merit but you’re the one repeatedly saying that only your 14 game stats have merit and unless we dredge up/post 6 years of utterly forgettable existence that they don’t have merit.

We’ve been over this, we’ve made those arguments and made a few anecdotal cases for you to work with and your response has been the same every time ... “QBR”.

All this brain damage over Case Keenum, wow, we are both stating the obvious too. Lol

Simple Jaded
03-19-2018, 02:36 PM
Kurt Warner was released from the Packers and couldn't even get job as a back up for four years. If it wasn't for injury to Trent Green he may have never gotten a chance to start.

Tony Romo is another exception, I hope we’re not comparing these players to Keenum ... because the comparison will not end well for Keenum.

Valar Morghulis
03-19-2018, 02:44 PM
I wish we did trade for keenum in 2016. Because then he would not be our qb now

topscribe
03-19-2018, 02:45 PM
And by “Old and tired” I mean it’s all you have, sure it has merit but you’re the one repeatedly saying that only your 14 game stats have merit and unless we dredge up/post 6 years of utterly forgettable existence that they don’t have merit.

We’ve been over this, we’ve made those arguments and made a few anecdotal cases for you to work with and your response has been the same every time ... “QBR”.

All this brain damage over Case Keenum, wow, we are both stating the obvious too. Lol
All I have are facts and figures.
All you have are baseless opinions.

Together, that's all we have . . .

Freyaka
03-19-2018, 02:46 PM
Tony Romo is another exception, I hope we’re not comparing these players to Keenum ... because the comparison will not end well for Keenum.

How about we don't compare him to anyone and give him at least 2-3 games to see what he ACTUALLY does in Denver? I don't get the need to be so damned negative about this situation. It's not like we have a wealth of options here. There likely won't be a QB in the draft, Cousins was never going to come here, ect... It is what it is at this point. You've had more than enough time to get all the complaints out of your system, how about sit back and relax, see who we draft, see how camp turns out and take a chill pill at this point?

Constantly arguing and complaining about it isn't going to change the fact that he is who we have at QB and unless something unforeseen happens, that's going to be where we are at in August/September as well.

BroncoJoe
03-19-2018, 02:53 PM
I wish we did trade for keenum in 2016. Because then he would not be or qb now

You shut your whore mouth, or I'll shut it for you!!!!

Hawgdriver
03-19-2018, 02:54 PM
How about we don't compare him to anyone and give him at least 2-3 games to see what he ACTUALLY does in Denver? I don't get the need to be so damned negative about this situation. It's not like we have a wealth of options here. There likely won't be a QB in the draft, Cousins was never going to come here, ect... It is what it is at this point. You've had more than enough time to get all the complaints out of your system, how about sit back and relax, see who we draft, see how camp turns out and take a chill pill at this point?

If your country sends a special olympics kid to the real olympics, are you supposed to sit back and relax, see how things turn out? Just saying...one person's optimism is another person being pissed on and told it's springtime.

You want to be optimistic, and so do I. But if Jaded, etc., think they are being pissed on and told it's blessed rainwater after the long drought, that's their prerogative. This isn't shiny-happy-Broncosland message board.

topscribe
03-19-2018, 02:57 PM
You shut your whore mouth, or I'll shut it for you!!!!
Oh, internet tough guy!

It's a good thing we can't meet in person. I could outrun you any day . . .

BroncoJoe
03-19-2018, 02:58 PM
If your country sends a special olympics kid to the real olympics, are you supposed to sit back and relax, see how things turn out? Just saying...one person's optimism is another person being pissed on and told it's springtime.

You want to be optimistic, and so do I. But if Jaded, etc., think they are being pissed on and told it's blessed rainwater after the long drought, that's their prerogative. This isn't shiny-happy-Broncosland message board.

People do love to bitch. Fo-Sho.

That said, is anyone here being paid by an NFL team to evaluate or coach? No? Didn't think so.

Valar Morghulis
03-19-2018, 02:59 PM

That said, is anyone here being paid by an NFL team to evaluate or coach? No? Didn't think so.

I am

Freyaka

That would only be a fair comparison if the special Olympics kid had already completed in the regular Olympics the year before, but just missed medalling.

He's got the right to be a negative Nelly, he's going to continue it undoubtedly, but I also have the right to complain about his complaining, this isn't emo wrist slitting broncosland either

Hawgdriver

Nah, just a bunch of people buying free options in the I told ya so market.

Simple Jaded
03-19-2018, 03:05 PM
I wish we did trade for keenum in 2016. Because then he would not be our qb now

I love you, Dave, no homo ... And homo.

BroncoJoe
03-19-2018, 03:05 PM
I am

NFL doesn't stand for Northwest Florida Lesbian, Dave.

Simple Jaded
03-19-2018, 03:07 PM

There it is, the obligatory “You think you’re smarter than ... blah, blah, blah”

But from you, Joe? I can’t even.......

BroncoJoe
03-19-2018, 03:11 PM
There it is, the obligatory “You think you’re smarter than ... blah, blah, blah”

But from you, Joe? I can’t even.......

Sorry, but I find the arguments silly, moronic and pointless.

There are only a couple people on this site who's opinion I value. Mainly because they've rarely been wrong. All the other garbage is just that. A bunch of wannabe GM's who wouldn't know the first thing about running a franchise, or evaluating talent. JMO, of course.

That said, I still love everyone here. Well, mostly everyone.

Valar Morghulis
03-19-2018, 03:13 PM
I love you, Dave, no homo ... And homo.

Ditto.

But mainly Homo

Freyaka
03-19-2018, 03:14 PM

There are only a couple people on this site who's opinion I value. Mainly because they've rarely been wrong. All the other garbage is just that. A bunch of wannabe GM's who wouldn't know the first thing about running a franchise, or evaluating talent. JMO, of course.

You could have just said "except Frey" we know you're thinking it Joe. I pee in your coffee too often when you aren't looking.

Simple Jaded
03-19-2018, 03:15 PM

When have I been wrong?

BroncoJoe
03-19-2018, 03:21 PM
When have I been wrong?

The opposite of that might be easier to answer...

:yo:

BroncoJoe
03-19-2018, 03:23 PM
You could have just said "except Frey" we know you're thinking it Joe. I pee in your coffee too often when you aren't looking.

No one really knows what you're thinking because you flip your opinions more than our POTUS!

Freyaka
03-19-2018, 03:31 PM
No one really knows what you're thinking because you flip your opinions more than our POTUS!

I really don't though... Two years ago I mocked the idea of Trevor starting, then I saw him in the preseason and warmed up to him. Last year I was Trevor until mid season, then I basically didn't support anyone...I stuck by Trevor long past the point where it was obvious that I was wrong, then I admitted it and moved on.

This year, I'm still not convinced that Keenum is going to be a good qb. I still have plenty of concerns, however, he's the only option. I could just continue complaining for complaining sake, or I can recognize that he's a likable guy and hope for the best with him.

I haven't changed my stance, just my Outlook and attitude. I'm choosing to be positive in a situation without alternatives rather than piss and moan.

Simple Jaded
03-19-2018, 03:34 PM
The opposite of that might be easier to answer...

:yo:

That’s what I mean, I’m having a hard time remembering them all. It’s like drinking from a firehose.

Rick
03-20-2018, 08:29 AM
Have we traded for him yet?

chazoe60
03-20-2018, 08:33 AM
Oh, internet tough guy!

It's a good thing we can't meet in person. I could outrun you any day . . .

You get a new rascal?

Tned
03-20-2018, 08:42 AM

I appreciate the compliment, but don't be too tough on the other guys, the wannabe GM's and what not.

Tned
03-20-2018, 08:45 AM
When have I been wrong?

:spit:

Poet
10-18-2018, 08:36 AM
We were in love from the beginning.

Simple Jaded
10-20-2018, 12:46 AM
God, can you imagine if they did trade Aqib Talib for Case ******* Keenum?

Oh wait ... shit.

Smdh