PDA

View Full Version : Report on Being a Broncos fan and thoughts on the defense

Poet
09-08-2016, 11:50 PM
It is much more fun than not being one. :D

In no particular order:

1. Harris had a nice pick, and I think he got jobbed on that late game penalty. While it is crappy to call it, and while the WR had his hands in Harris' face, if it gets called it's almost always on the defense, and if you don't do it you can't get called on it. That TD he gave up to Kelvin Benjamin was tough to watch. He had another penalty in the game that was puzzling.

2. Talib....man...we love Talib.

3. Von Miller gets held more than a newborn baby. Someone call that shit. ****. With that being said, he is starting to encroach upon Watt's territory as the best defender in the game.

4. DeMarcus Ware is a man. A big, strong, fast, smart, man.

5. Shaq Barrett is a guy who has shown flashes in the past. There were a couple of times he looked really strong tonight. I am going to keep my eyes on him.

6. Stewart is going to get fined for that hit; unless he is a huge repeat offender, a suspension is unlikely. I was watching the game with a couple of my friends and they noted that he was a pretty damn good player. He's not Ed Reed, but his presence is felt. I don't think he was trying to hurt Newton, either.

Magnificent Seven
09-09-2016, 12:09 AM
Broncos need to work to reduce penalties.

Simple Jaded
09-09-2016, 12:16 AM
I think the correct call on the 4th and 22 was offsetting, both players had their hands to the face.

And wasn't the call on Stewart wrong because Newton was out of the pocket, making him a runner at that point?

I will say this, Streratore is one of the best.

Poet
09-09-2016, 12:18 AM
I think the correct call on the 4th and 22 was offsetting, both players had their hands to the face.

And wasn't the call on Stewart was wrong because Newton was out of the pocket, making him a runner at that point?

That type of hit is usually called a personal foul. I'm not sure the ref meant roughing the passer.

scott.475
09-09-2016, 12:19 AM
CJ, really seems to be developing good vision. It'll be awesome if he plays like this all year.

Bronco4ever
09-09-2016, 12:32 AM
CJ, really seems to be developing good vision. It'll be awesome if he plays like this all year.

TBH, I think CJ has always had great vision. It's mostly a matter of him staying healthy and keeping the fire in his belly.

BroncoWave
09-09-2016, 12:33 AM
TBH, I think CJ has always had great vision. It's mostly a matter of him staying healthy and keeping the fire in his belly.

It also helps when the o-line opens up holes the way they did tonight.

Bronco4ever
09-09-2016, 12:39 AM
It also helps when the o-line opens up holes the way they did tonight.

Absolutely. The line looks a lot better than last season.

BigDaddyBronco
09-09-2016, 10:06 AM
The defense really needs to clean up the penalties. 4th and 22 and you are not playing it safe? Doesn't make sense. 12 men on the field 4 times? WTF?

It was good to see the adjustments in the 2nd half and they came back with a vengeance, but it was a rough start.

TXBRONC
09-09-2016, 10:45 AM
The defense really needs to clean up the penalties. 4th and 22 and you are not playing it safe? Doesn't make sense. 12 men on the field 4 times? WTF?

It was good to see the adjustments in the 2nd half and they came back with a vengeance, but it was a rough start.

I think more than the penalties they have clean up the turnovers.

BigDaddyBronco
09-09-2016, 10:48 AM
I think more than the penalties they have clean up the turnovers.

On the offense, yea. Don't turn it over and have a good run game. That and a good defense and we should win the division and get back in the playoffs.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-09-2016, 11:01 AM
Thought this was a good place to put this: And besides what Derek went through, I thought that Von was getting held a lot. Stuff like this could explain why the defense did not play like we thought they would.

DENVER -- Broncos defensive end Derek Wolfe prides himself on playing until the whistle. He prides himself on finishing plays. But what transpired Thursday was illegal, not fundamental football, he asserted.

Talking exclusively with Denver7, Wolfe accused the Panthers' offensive line of crossing the line. He singled out Panthers guard Trai Turner.

"He was absolutely targeting me. That's how he is," Wolfe said. "He should be fined. Write that."

Turner received a penalty for taunting on the Panthers' first touchdown.

"He should have had three more. He should have been ejected," Wolfe said.

Wolfe left the game with a sprained ankle and stiff neck. He was facemasked and hurt his leg when pushed into a pile, he said.

rest - http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/wolfe-on-panthers-o-line-they-were-targeting

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-09-2016, 11:08 AM
Thought this was a good place to put this: And besides what Derek went through, I thought that Von was getting held a lot. Stuff like this could explain why the defense did not play like we thought they would.

rest - http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/wolfe-on-panthers-o-line-they-were-targeting

That was part of it, but Cam also shortened his drops and was getting the ball out quicker. We also weren't getting the inside push like we were in the SB, which is probably the result of no Walker or Jackson.

Mike
09-09-2016, 11:33 AM
6. Stewart is going to get fined for that hit; unless he is a huge repeat offender, a suspension is unlikely. I was watching the game with a couple of my friends and they noted that he was a pretty damn good player. He's not Ed Reed, but his presence is felt. I don't think he was trying to hurt Newton, either.

It's a contract year for the guy. I was pretty certain Denver would let him walk after this season. But man did he set the tone last night. He may make it hard to let him walk.

Buff
09-09-2016, 11:49 AM

Yeah, the multiple 12 men penalties were puzzling. What the hell was going on with that?

Davii
09-09-2016, 11:51 AM
Yeah, the multiple 12 men penalties were puzzling. What the hell was going on with that?

It was getting frustrating. It seemed to be in the secondary but hard to tell from the stands

CoachChaz
09-09-2016, 11:53 AM

Twice is seemed like Simmons was the guy trying to get off. Maybe just rookie confusion.

Davii
09-09-2016, 12:00 PM
Report on being a Bronco's fan:

We're the defending Champs, we're damn good, we'll get better, life is good

TXBRONC
09-09-2016, 04:59 PM
Reports of Denver's demise (see Meril asshat Hodge) have been greatly exaggerated.

Joel
09-10-2016, 05:08 AM
It's a contract year for the guy. I was pretty certain Denver would let him walk after this season. But man did he set the tone last night. He may make it hard to let him walk.
That's been my hope, because it's also been too long since we had a bona fide centerfielder instead of a couple glorified LBs (or "puffed up" LBs, if Jaded prefers. ;)) As the S/FS divison continues blurring and the value of run-stuffing SSs in a passing league continues to diminish, it's another position where more and more teams either have a safety who does EVERYTHING well, or only have HALF a player. Like, it's all well to compare Teal Julius to Gronk or Witten, but they both do one very big thing very well that he does not at all (which is why he wound up on a bad divisions 5-11 team while we were winning a SB: But at least he got paid, right? :tongue:)

Before anyone says it: NO, Stewart is NOT like a certain other member of our secondary. I've seen several commentators note that, while he'll probably be fined for that hit on Cam, Stewart probably WON'T be suspended because he has literally NO prior history of headshots. And, while I've only seen the replay, at this point I've seen it ENOUGH that I'm not convinced Stewart would've made contact with Cams head if Cam hadn't dropped his shoulders and head as he followed through on the pass. Which is a perfect example of why penalties/suspensions for WHERE rather than HOW a defender lays a hit are SO stupid.

Joel
09-10-2016, 05:16 AM
Reports of Denver's demise (see Meril asshat Hodge) have been greatly exaggerated.
Don't forget the guy who summed up Camolina as "Keep on dabbing" but the Reigning World Champs as "Falls off cliff (http://dailysnark.com/colin-cowheard-uses-3-words-describes-every-nfl-team-season/)." At least the Panthers remain BELOW us to break our "fall."

Northman
09-10-2016, 08:06 AM
Im still getting used to VK being a Bronco fan. I keep waiting for the punchline to drop. lol

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-10-2016, 12:13 PM
It was cool to listen to Rodney Harrison eat crow after the game last night. Every analyst working the game claimed to be blown away by how well Siemian played.

Poet
09-10-2016, 07:23 PM
Im still getting used to VK being a Bronco fan. I keep waiting for the punchline to drop. lol

Hold me.

DenBronx
09-10-2016, 07:26 PM

He's been a closet Bronco fan for years. We all know that. Lol

I bet King knows more about the Broncos than the average Bronco fan.

Simple Jaded
09-11-2016, 12:39 AM
That's been my hope, because it's also been too long since we had a bona fide centerfielder instead of a couple glorified LBs (or "puffed up" LBs, if Jaded prefers. ;)) As the S/FS divison continues blurring and the value of run-stuffing SSs in a passing league continues to diminish, it's another position where more and more teams either have a safety who does EVERYTHING well, or only have HALF a player. Like, it's all well to compare Teal Julius to Gronk or Witten, but they both do one very big thing very well that he does not at all (which is why he wound up on a bad divisions 5-11 team while we were winning a SB: But at least he got paid, right? :tongue:)

Before anyone says it: NO, Stewart is NOT like a certain other member of our secondary. I've seen several commentators note that, while he'll probably be fined for that hit on Cam, Stewart probably WON'T be suspended because he has literally NO prior history of headshots. And, while I've only seen the replay, at this point I've seen it ENOUGH that I'm not convinced Stewart would've made contact with Cams head if Cam hadn't dropped his shoulders and head as he followed through on the pass. Which is a perfect example of why penalties/suspensions for WHERE rather than HOW a defender lays a hit are SO stupid.

I do not prefer "puffed up", I used the term "pumped up", you're probably thinking of Shane/Chron.

TXBRONC
09-11-2016, 07:38 AM
I do not prefer "puffed up", I used the term "pumped up", you're probably thinking of Shane/Chron.

:hat:

Joel
09-11-2016, 07:52 AM
Sorry, couldn't remember which it was, but figured I had a 50/50 shot (when Shane/Chron talks about our LBs puffing up it's usually Von, not Nelson and Co. ;))

NightTerror218
09-12-2016, 01:45 PM
Cj loves this offense. One cut and hit holes for big yards.