View Full Version : Sanders gets extension

NightTerror218
09-07-2016, 04:36 PM
Sanders has just signed 3 year extension per NFL.com

No details on deal yet.

NightTerror218
09-07-2016, 04:37 PM
@johnelway

Excited to announce we've agreed to a 3-year extension with WR Emmanuel Sanders. He plays with intensity & we love the way he competes!

Valar Morghulis
Awesome

BroncoJoe
Emmanuel Sanders and the Denver Broncos have agreed to a three-year extension, general manager John Elway announced. The deal is worth $33 million, NFL.com's James Palmer reported.

Around the NFL will have more on this story shortly.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000696460/article/emmanuel-sanders-broncos-agree-on-3year-extension

Thanks, Sanchez and Colquitt the kicker!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2016, 04:39 PM
Great news

NightTerror218
09-07-2016, 04:41 PM
Some details

@mike klis

Broncos reach agreement with WR Emmanuel Sanders on 3-year, $33 million extension. He keeps $5.6 million salary this year. #9sports

NightTerror218
09-07-2016, 04:42 PM
OMG, I broke news before Carol

BroncoJoe
09-07-2016, 04:42 PM

Not an easy thing to do!

Timmy!
09-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Beautiful.

dogfish
09-07-2016, 04:47 PM

expect the leg-breakers at your door any moment. . .

weazel
09-07-2016, 04:49 PM
excellent

MileHighCrew
09-07-2016, 05:00 PM
This made me smile.

GEM
09-07-2016, 05:09 PM
:dance: Effing awesome!!! :D

BORDERLINE
09-07-2016, 05:12 PM
Work the cap baby

VonDoom
09-07-2016, 05:20 PM
Love that dude! You can debate tying up so much money in the WR position (and I'm sure we will) but he deserves it and I'm stoked that he'll be around longer

VonDoom
09-07-2016, 05:21 PM
Also, I just changed my avatar to Sanders this morning. I must have known!

Buff
09-07-2016, 05:23 PM
I can't think of a more deserving person. I love the way he conducts his business on and off the field.

Also, as we've discussed before - the best part of all of this was that he'd basically agreed to sign with the Chiefs a couple years ago and then bailed on them when Elway called. Sorry not sorry.

BroncoWave
I can't think of a more deserving person. I love the way he conducts his business on and off the field.

Also, as we've discussed before - the best part of all of this was that he'd basically agreed to sign with the Chiefs a couple years ago and then bailed on them when Elway called. Sorry not sorry.

They sorry.

GEM
Love that dude! You can debate tying up so much money in the WR position (and I'm sure we will) but he deserves it and I'm stoked that he'll be around longer

I think he just may be a bigger asset to this offense than DT. Dude catches everything and runs every route. I love this move!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2016, 05:46 PM
Emmanuel Sanders ‏@ESanders_10 27m

Excited & honored to announce that I've signed a 3-year extension w/ @Broncos. #Broncos #Broncos #Broncos #Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2016, 05:52 PM
ENGLEWOOD—There may be questions about their quarterback, but the Denver Broncos have no doubts about their receiver duo.

With the regular-season deadline approaching, the Broncos reached agreement Wednesday on a three-year contract extension with receiver Emmanuel Sanders that is worth $33 million.

Coupled with the $5.6 million salary Sanders will draw this year, his contract will be $38.6 million over four years.

In that three-year, $33 million extension, Sanders will receive a hefty signing bonus. The "new money" will make Sanders the NFL's highest-paid No. 2 receiver.

rest - http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/broncos-reach-agreement-with-emmanuel-sanders-on-three-year-33-million-extension/315281751

Dapper Dan
09-07-2016, 05:55 PM
The best WR duo in the NFL! They need a nickname.

Hardwired
09-07-2016, 06:12 PM
The best WR duo in the NFL! They need a nickname.

Trevor's Twosome

dogfish
09-07-2016, 06:15 PM
dos hombres. . .

MOtorboat
09-07-2016, 06:17 PM
This is awesome news.

atwater27
09-07-2016, 06:28 PM
Sanders is all class and a badass to boot. A well deserved payday for a tough as nails receiver who works his ass off. Right ON!

Mike
09-07-2016, 06:33 PM
I love Sanders. This makes me happy.

Dapper Dan
09-07-2016, 06:38 PM
If only we still had Decker we could have STD.

olathebroncofan
09-07-2016, 06:43 PM

True but even when Carol is late with the news, its done with class.

dogfish
09-07-2016, 06:46 PM
If only we still had Decker we could have STD.

we don't need decker for that-- we have dave. . .

The Glue Factory
09-07-2016, 06:50 PM
Cugel's gonna blow a gasket. We NEVER extend contracts before they expire. This report must have originated from the Onion.

VonDoom
09-07-2016, 07:05 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2h2 hours ago

Andrew Mason Retweeted Adam Schefter

As ever, the guarantee is what counts. Since July 2015, $131MM in full guarantees to DT/Wolfe/Von/Marshall/Sanders.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2h2 hours ago

Andrew Mason Retweeted Matt Baldwin

Since July 2015, Broncos gave more than $100M in full guarantees to DT/Wolfe/Miller/Marshall. Antithesis of "cheap."

G_Money
09-07-2016, 07:31 PM
Some details

@mike klis

Broncos reach agreement with WR Emmanuel Sanders on 3-year, $33 million extension. He keeps $5.6 million salary this year. #9sports

Surprised they didn't roll Sanchez's money into the extension. I figured they'd frontload it to help next year.

Hopefully Elway's saving Sanchez's millions for the line upgrade we're gonna need if we really plan to roll with Schofield doing anything but eating bacon in a sweatshirt while watching tractor-pull competitions.

God, I hope that guy can survive at guard without embarrassing himself... or getting Siemian killed.

VonDoom
09-07-2016, 07:56 PM
Surprised they didn't roll Sanchez's money into the extension. I figured they'd frontload it to help next year.

Hopefully Elway's saving Sanchez's millions for the line upgrade we're gonna need if we really plan to roll with Schofield doing anything but eating bacon in a sweatshirt while watching tractor-pull competitions.

God, I hope that guy can survive at guard without embarrassing himself... or getting Siemian killed.

It's possible that a signing bonus starts this year. We have to wait for the details to come out

Rick
09-07-2016, 08:33 PM
Awesome signing. He may he considered a #2 but I think of him more as 1a and 1b with DT. Just as with Rod and Ed we have 2 guys with #1 receiver talent.

TXBRONC
09-07-2016, 10:55 PM
I love Sanders. This makes me happy.

Me too.

Davii
09-08-2016, 12:15 AM
Awesome news! I bet he has a big game tomorrow night!

dogfish
09-08-2016, 12:19 AM
Awesome news! I bet he has a big game tomorrow night!

you know he and DT gotta be pretty jazzed to go up against those rookie corners. . .

Davii
09-08-2016, 12:22 AM
you know he and DT gotta be pretty jazzed to go up against those rookie corners. . .

I think Carolina is going to sell out to stop the run and date Siemian to go over the top. We shall see.

BroncoWave
09-08-2016, 12:25 AM
I think Carolina is going to sell out to stop the run and date Siemian to go over the top. We shall see.

So, like, dinner and a movie or something?

Dapper Dan
09-08-2016, 01:17 AM

Probably. But I'd say they would love to face Norman soon.

Joel
09-08-2016, 02:48 AM
This is LITERALLY made of win; didn't expect it, so it's an incredibly pleasant surprise.

Thanks, Sanchez and Colquitt the kicker!
Yeah, just remember that when it produces certain OTHER cuts NEXT year (e.g. a CB who's 2 years older and has a larger salary.... ;))

I'm sorry, but just can't help thinking of the above every time fans gushing about how they want the Lynch Era to begin NOW: You don't, guys, you REALLY don't....

Then I feel bad, because that basically amounts to "no, Lynch should learn the playbook and League while we rebuild the line; in the mean time, let [Sanchez/Siemian/Your sacrifical lamb here] get the snot pounded out of him 3˝ hrs/week for the next 4-5 months."

I share your hope Elway's trying to save money to spend it (and a 1st round pick) on top linemen next year, but let's be honest: He's been back 5 years (while our line's been terrible longer) and the first time he goes after a top lineman will be precisely that. Vasquez was the closest; a good effort with good results, but nothing like what he tried and succeeded in doing with Sanders, Ware, Ward and (I daresay) Talib. We could say Mathis, but we called him off his couch when he'd been seriously injured, and last season showed his elite days were behind him. You don't get elite linemen for the $4M we paid Mathis last year, or the $6M we were paying Vasquez (and even that made him a cap casualty.)

[/tangent] I mini-cheered on seeing this thread though; again, didn't expect it but REALLY wanted it, so I'm pretty happy right now. If we finally start using Virgin Green in the passing game as much as for blocking and Fowler gets healthy, I really think we're set at the so-called "skill" positions—now we just have to find 5-6 "unskilled" guys good enough to give the rest of the offense a CHANCE to use its skills.

Joel
09-08-2016, 02:51 AM
Cugel's gonna blow a gasket. We NEVER extend contracts before they expire. This report must have originated from the Onion.
He's got a point that Elway doesn't exactly make a habit of this; that as much as our cap is why I didn't expect it, and much of why I'm elated to see it. Now just do the same with Roby and Webster. Why use a club option for 2018 when we can just extend Roby through 2020 for manageable cash if we do it NOW, instead of waiting for him to make a few Pro Bowls so he commands $10M+/yr?

Timmy!
09-08-2016, 03:07 AM
Stop the talib hate for a 5min Eeyore. ****s sakes man.

Slick
09-08-2016, 08:55 AM
This is LITERALLY made of win; didn't expect it, so it's an incredibly pleasant surprise.

Yeah, just remember that when it produces certain OTHER cuts NEXT year (e.g. a CB who's 2 years older and has a larger salary.... ;))

I'm sorry, but just can't help thinking of the above every time fans gushing about how they want the Lynch Era to begin NOW: You don't, guys, you REALLY don't....

Then I feel bad, because that basically amounts to "no, Lynch should learn the playbook and League while we rebuild the line; in the mean time, let [Sanchez/Siemian/Your sacrifical lamb here] get the snot pounded out of him 3˝ hrs/week for the next 4-5 months."

I share your hope Elway's trying to save money to spend it (and a 1st round pick) on top linemen next year, but let's be honest: He's been back 5 years (while our line's been terrible longer) and the first time he goes after a top lineman will be precisely that. Vasquez was the closest; a good effort with good results, but nothing like what he tried and succeeded in doing with Sanders, Ware, Ward and (I daresay) Talib. We could say Mathis, but we called him off his couch when he'd been seriously injured, and last season showed his elite days were behind him. You don't get elite linemen for the $4M we paid Mathis last year, or the $6M we were paying Vasquez (and even that made him a cap casualty.)

[/tangent] I mini-cheered on seeing this thread though; again, didn't expect it but REALLY wanted it, so I'm pretty happy right now. If we finally start using Virgin Green in the passing game as much as for blocking and Fowler gets healthy, I really think we're set at the so-called "skill" positions—now we just have to find 5-6 "unskilled" guys good enough to give the rest of the offense a CHANCE to use its skills.

Denver has plenty of room next year even with Talib's salary on the books. Deal with it.

dogfish
09-08-2016, 09:55 AM
Denver has plenty of room next year even with Talib's salary on the books. Deal with it.

he is dealing with it. . . by crying about it whenever possible. . .

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2016, 09:57 AM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 55m

Elway completes heck of offseason checklist: Von ($114.5M),CJ($18M), Marshall ($32M),Sanders ($33M). Sanders latest:

Valar Morghulis
09-08-2016, 12:33 PM
Webster is a borderline scrub

slim
09-08-2016, 01:26 PM
webster is a borderline scrub

wtf?

Valar Morghulis
09-08-2016, 01:36 PM
wtf?

Joel is talking about locking Webster up early....i think he is average

Poet
09-08-2016, 02:06 PM
Talib still remains a top five corner. If his play is not commensurate with his pay, Elway will do what Elway does and tell him to rework his deal or get released/traded. It's that simple. It really is. Joel, the infrastructure for dealing with a hypothetically declining Talib is already here. Just relax man.

BroncoWave
09-08-2016, 02:29 PM
Talib still remains a top five corner. If his play is not commensurate with his pay, Elway will do what Elway does and tell him to rework his deal or get released/traded. It's that simple. It really is. Joel, the infrastructure for dealing with a hypothetically declining Talib is already here. Just relax man.

Then Danny will get mad that Elway is asking someone to take a paycut. :D