PDA

View Full Version : Who will win, week 1?

MOtorboat
09-06-2016, 01:02 PM
And why?

BroncoJoe
09-06-2016, 01:09 PM
Because.

Northman
09-06-2016, 01:13 PM
I still like us. I dont think Carolina will have an answer yet for our defensive pressure and although there is some uncertainty at QB for us i think Trevor can do the little things that Manning couldnt in terms or moving around better when pressure is there. I think it will still be close but im not sold on the idea that Newton and company did enough in the offseason to fix the glaring issues they had on their Oline.

BroncoWave
09-06-2016, 01:13 PM
I think the Panthers win a close one. They have had all offseason to make adjustments to our defense and they will come in as motivated as possible. And with it being Siemian's first game and against that defense, I have a hard time seeing how we score enough points to win. It will have to be like the Super Bowl where we sack cam a bunch and force a bunch of turnovers.

I hope I'm wrong obviously, but I don't see us winning this one.

Valar Morghulis
09-06-2016, 01:14 PM
Broncos in a demolition job.

Panthers finish 8 and 8 this year, propelled into their downward spiral as a result of the masterful performance by siemien

Poet
09-06-2016, 01:19 PM
I'll take Denver -- Cam Newton isn't going to have another season like he did. Granted he looked pretty average in the Superbowl, but the point remains. They do get Kelvin Benjamin back, so that will make it tougher for us, especially since he's a very large WR. However, they're not going to score over 20 points on us us.

I expect Trevor S. to have a bad game statistically, but a game we can live with all things considered. I believe that he will have two turnovers, but also account for two scores.

Panthers with 3 turnovers
Broncos with two turnovers

Broncos 24

Panthers 17

OrangeHoof
09-06-2016, 01:27 PM
The Panthers will be all sorts of motivated and in full health whereas the Broncos will be starting a QB who has never taken a regulation NFL snap and his backup is even less experienced. You remember how helpless Carson Palmer looked in the NFC Championship Game against Carolina's defense? I could easily picture Bronco quarterbacks looking that same way if they aren't careful.

The Broncos, meanwhile, with their point already proven last February, will relax a little and take things a step slower because they don't *need* to win. This is just a non-conference game to them. I'm not saying they will lie down but they will have less of a sense of urgency than they did for the Super Bowl.

In their favor, the game will be held at altitude and the Panthers may struggle late in the game if they don't know how to handle it.

Hope I'm wrong but I see it: Carolina 21, Denver 16.

FanInAZ
09-06-2016, 01:43 PM
I just can't pick Denver until I'm given a good reason to believe that someone can step up in the QB position & get the job done.

VonDoom
09-06-2016, 01:48 PM
I really think this is a tough spot for us. The Panthers have had months of motivation to get back at us. They were a great team last year and most of the same guys are back. I was actually more confident going into the Super Bowl - we had had two huge wins going in and I thought, why not us? This is week one of a new season and I don't know if we're up to the task (yet). I wish this game wasn't the opener.

Things in our favor - game is in Denver, and there isn't a lot of tape on Siemian so maybe we can catch them by surprise. Plus our defense is still THAT DEFENSE.

Northman
09-06-2016, 01:49 PM
We really didnt have a QB last year so not much has really changed in that position other than experience. But the swap is a more youthful QB who can at least break free from pressure. Trevor may end up surprising some people.

BroncoWave
09-06-2016, 01:52 PM
I'm going to say again how ridiculous it is that the NFL made this the opener. It really puts us in a tough spot being Carolina's first opponent after them having all offseason to stew about the Super Bowl. And it's also kinda shitty to make Carolina have to sit through the Super Bowl celebration before the game (which makes them even more motivated to kick our ass). I'm honestly shocked they made this the opener.

BroncoWave
09-06-2016, 01:53 PM
We really didnt have a QB last year so not much has really changed in that position other than experience. But the swap is a more youthful QB who can at least break free from pressure. Trevor may end up surprising some people.

The other swap is that he won't have near the command at the line that Peyton had when it comes to audibling, setting protections, diagnosing blitzes/coverages, things like that. I think that will be a bigger loss than people realize.

BroncoJoe
09-06-2016, 01:59 PM
Broncos: 55
Panthers: 10

It's going to be a bloodbath. In orange.

VonDoom
09-06-2016, 02:09 PM
I'm going to say again how ridiculous it is that the NFL made this the opener. It really puts us in a tough spot being Carolina's first opponent after them having all offseason to stew about the Super Bowl. And it's also kinda shitty to make Carolina have to sit through the Super Bowl celebration before the game (which makes them even more motivated to kick our ass). I'm honestly shocked they made this the opener.

Yeah, this never made sense to me. Imagine having had to go to Seattle in 2014 on opening night.

Mike
09-06-2016, 02:35 PM
I think Carolina is going to come in embarrassed and hungry. Denver just feels out of sorts to me.

NightTrainLayne
09-06-2016, 02:37 PM
This game could go either way.

I accidentally clicked Denver. Meant to click Carolina, but can't change it now.

The difference in the game will be how well Siemien and Kubiak manage the game. It will be close I think, but we'll have to play some from behind I imagine. Siemien will have to not take unnecessary chances, and Kubiak will have to stick with the ground game, and grind one out like we did all last year.

On the good side, Kubiak is well versed in this, and I think he'll be steady. How Siemien reacts to real-life game experience and atmosphere etc., will be a whole other issue.

It's winnable for us, but I think the Panthers have some very legitimate advantages. Our defense will have to play just as well as they did in the Super Bowl, and we likely took a step back with our punt team. We can't afford any special teams mistakes.

Slick
09-06-2016, 03:18 PM
Denver is going to get smoked tomorrow night. That's my gut feeling.

tomjonesrocks
09-06-2016, 03:22 PM
Denver is going to get smoked tomorrow night. That's my gut feeling.

Smoked the day before the game? Are there fires raging in Carolina?

Valar Morghulis
09-06-2016, 03:24 PM

why would they be in carolina the day before a game in denver?

tomjonesrocks
09-06-2016, 03:46 PM
why would they be in carolina the day before a game in denver?

Touché, Mr. Dave...

weazel
09-06-2016, 04:52 PM
I think Hoes will edge this poll out.

underrated29
09-06-2016, 05:08 PM
Take out Cam and we win. Stop their run game and we win.....I say we load up against the run. Let Cam pass all he wants. Our D will own him again. They sound pissed again. TJ ward is going to knock someone out of the game I promise you this! That dude is wired tight this year. Everything everyone has said to him, have you guys heard his interviews??

TJ is going to be this games MVP I bet. He and Talib are going to keep this Defense Angry! I love it!

GEM
09-06-2016, 05:14 PM
I think our defense is going to put on the same type of show. I think the offense will struggle (just as they did in the SB), but I think a key factor is we're in Cam's head and he seems to be the type of player that if you're in his head, you have a huge advantage. They have 2 rookie cb's and Siemien can throw the ball so I think we come out of the gate testing those 2 and let CJ and Booker loose to grind it out.

Broncos 17
Panthers 13

GEM
09-06-2016, 05:50 PM
This fits here....

:D

dogfish
09-06-2016, 07:52 PM
us. . . we're going to make cam cry again. . .

layne, i see your high fives. . . :tsk:

Slick
09-06-2016, 08:31 PM

The day after tomorrow I meant. Whoops. I'm preparing myself for a beat down so I will be pleasantly surprised if it isn't.

MasterShake
09-06-2016, 08:36 PM
Cam is still haunted by this game:

https://youtu.be/ukmu4DPgtOo

I see a similar game to what we did to Green Bay last year. Broncos win 31-13. That would be sweet!

Joel
09-07-2016, 12:19 AM
I see NO way we can win this. In the SB, Camolinas arrogance was nearly as valuable as our elite D, because they were the textbook example of a team that demolishes everyone en route to a championship game but immediately and irrevocably folds the first time it's socked in the mouth by WORTHY competition.

They won't underestimate us on our home turf after we won a championship over their broken dreams in the very last game they played. There'll be no sideline shots of Luke Kuechly warning Josh Norman, "these guys are good:" Everyone knows that now, especially everyone on their sideline.

We still have an elite D, and I still maintain Jackson's replaceable, but it's unclear Crick, Gotsis or whoever IS that replacement. More seriously in todays NFL, we've gone from a pair of dominant coverage LBs in the middle to ONE paired with a trio of glorified safeties (starter Todd Davis is the "big" one at 6'1" 230; Nelson's 226, Anderson 220.) Maybe there's a reason 231 lb. Trevathan was always hurt; either way, if I'm Jonathan Stewart (who's listed at 5'10" 235, so not only heavier but much DENSER,) I'm itching to take a running start at these guys.

Honestly, I'd be satisfied with a close loss, especially one that showed Siemian and his blockers have real potential despite a few remaining bugs to work out by Halloween. Remember when we opened the 2013 season against the team that ENDED our 2012 season? THAT'S what Camolina's dead set on doing to us.

BroncoWave
09-07-2016, 12:27 AM
I see NO way we can win this.

This is so unlike you!

dogfish
09-07-2016, 12:32 AM
This is so unlike you!

i, for one, was shocked. . .

Timmy!
09-07-2016, 12:52 AM
23-21 Broncos.

Talib pick 6.

MOtorboat
09-07-2016, 04:01 AM
The Panthers will win fairly easily. Such is life

Joel
09-07-2016, 04:57 AM
This is so unlike you!
*shrugs* To a paraphrase a pointed line, "Are you better off now than you were 4 months ago...?" I saw someone somewhere say something to the effect that we'll own them again unless they've improved their poor line: They actually have a pretty good line; our elite front seven just overwhelmed it. It's still a great D and offense vs. an elite D and weak offense; that should favor the former, even on the road.

Our only shot was for them to believe their own hype, so a young cocky team with a cream puff schedule would crumple in shock the first time it faced any real adversity from a team that had to run a brutal gauntlet just to face them. In February that was a very real and effective hope—which, along with the stakes it cost them then, is PRECISELY why they're unlikely to fall into that trap again. To correct a misquoted line, "fool me twice, shame on ME."

It's still POSSIBLE, but if they're PERMANENTLY that mentally fragile, sell all Panthers (and Rivera) stock now: The bottom's dropping out in 72 hours.

Joel
09-07-2016, 05:06 AM
The Panthers will win fairly easily. Such is life
Again, it'll be just like hosting Baltimore in our first game since they ended our season on our own turf and THEIR first since winning a SB: Vicious, vindictive VENGEANCE. I doubt Cam throws 7 TDs like Manning then, but if it gets to 42-17 they won't take their foot off our necks: They'll just twist it, then continue stomping, as we did against the Ravens. Then we'll have to surrender our SB Rings to them just as Baltimore surrendered theirs to us—wait: That last part never happened. ;)

Enjoy your catharsis IF you can earn it, Cam; won't change anything, nor mean even as much as blowing out the Cardinals: At least that earned A ring.

Davii
09-07-2016, 07:47 AM
They're going to kill us. 700 - 1. The only reason we get a point is their kicker hits an extra point off the upright and it somehow travels 120yds through the other goalposts.

We're screwed.

EastCoastBronco
09-07-2016, 07:58 AM
It's going to be a massacre.
I'm not even going to watch.

GEM
09-07-2016, 09:20 AM
I see NO way we can win this. In the SB, Camolinas arrogance was nearly as valuable as our elite D, because they were the textbook example of a team that demolishes everyone en route to a championship game but immediately and irrevocably folds the first time it's socked in the mouth by WORTHY competition.

They won't underestimate us on our home turf after we won a championship over their broken dreams in the very last game they played. There'll be no sideline shots of Luke Kuechly warning Josh Norman, "these guys are good:" Everyone knows that now, especially everyone on their sideline.

We still have an elite D, and I still maintain Jackson's replaceable, but it's unclear Crick, Gotsis or whoever IS that replacement. More seriously in todays NFL, we've gone from a pair of dominant coverage LBs in the middle to ONE paired with a trio of glorified safeties (starter Todd Davis is the "big" one at 6'1" 230; Nelson's 226, Anderson 220.) Maybe there's a reason 231 lb. Trevathan was always hurt; either way, if I'm Jonathan Stewart (who's listed at 5'10" 235, so not only heavier but much DENSER,) I'm itching to take a running start at these guys.

Honestly, I'd be satisfied with a close loss, especially one that showed Siemian and his blockers have real potential despite a few remaining bugs to work out by Halloween. Remember when we opened the 2013 season against the team that ENDED our 2012 season? THAT'S what Camolina's dead set on doing to us.

I don't think there ever was a game that you actually thought we could win. :laugh:

GEM
09-07-2016, 09:35 AM
All this reverse psychology bs...:laugh: Bunch of pooosies! We are going to kick some Panther ass. This D isn't going to just let them come in here into our house and let there be any god damn question marks about the Super Bowl. Hell, TJ Ward just might decapitate someone from all the trash he's talking the last few days. I'm just hoping it's that cry baby Newton that is on the other end of a Ward whack job. We've historically made Newton our bitch and I don't see that changing.

9402That's going to be Von in Cam's face all night long!

Cd6A5PNvY4A

Nomad
09-07-2016, 09:54 AM
Of course the BRONCOS win. Unless they come in and magically lose all motivation, I don't see the BRONCOS losing.

I agree, GEM.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-07-2016, 10:56 AM
Our defense outscores their offense. We get 2 defensive TD's and another 10 points off turnovers. The final score is 34-10.

Cam could very well be benched in the 3rd quarter after the offense melts down.

GEM
09-07-2016, 11:08 AM
A letter from TJ Ward....

Thursday night prime time. Season kickoff. Only game on TV.

All eyes are going to be on us.

We ended last year’s season on top, now it’s time to start things off right.

It’s going to be loud. It’s going to be very loud. It’s going to be uncomfortable. Mile High — let’s make Carolina uncomfortable all night.

We’ve put the work in. We’ve keyed in on what we need to key in on. Now, it’s time to notice the looks, notice the personnel, anticipate and perform in front of the world on prime-time TV.

We’re confident because we’re used to this stage. It’s a new year, new season, and we’re a new team. But we’re better. You can be confident when your team is filled with elite players consistently trying to become the best. If you realize that no matter what, you can always get better, then you will never be overconfident. The Broncos never settle, that’s not in our locker room’s DNA.

There’s going to be a lot of opportunities Thursday night for big plays — the game’s going to depend on it. In Super Bowl 50, the ball didn’t just bounce our way. We forced it and took advantage when opportunity presented itself. Every single time.

I was a part of one of the biggest plays of Super Bowl 50. Our defense had been clawing at Cam Newton and the Panthers’ offense all night. It was late in the game and we were up 16-10 when Von Miller stripped Newton for the second time that night.

At first, I was celebrating because there were so many bodies by the ball. I ran over there to try and celebrate with one of my teammates thinking we had just recovered the ball. As I got closer, I all of a sudden saw the ball rolling. My mindset shifted from celebratory to attack mode. I kept reminding myself, 'Don’t fumble it. Don’t overrun the ball. Make the play. All you have to do is scoop the ball and secure it.' Then, I tried to dodge the referee and slipped.

Regardless, it was a game-changing play. It shows you why we always run to the ball no matter what. And, it won us the Super Bowl.
It’s a new year, a new team — but that doesn’t change the Mile High standard.

So, Thursday night? Let’s start fast. Get that first punch in. And remember, if not, we’ve got four quarters to make it up. Let’s take advantage and go make the big plays because it’s time to go chase another one.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-throughmyeyes/Through-my-eyes-TJ-Ward-is-ready-for-prime-time-on-Thursday-night/77c45f44-1986-4986-86d5-e587f2a9de66

ElFDlShmOng

:D

GEM
09-07-2016, 11:12 AM
dITuBpZptiQ

CoachChaz
09-07-2016, 11:13 AM
Poor offensive showing and a Siemian pick-6 leads to a 20-13 Broncos loss.

GEM
09-07-2016, 11:15 AM
Remember....

8Ktt2fivInc

GEM
09-07-2016, 11:16 AM
6DJMU2n5sC8

Krugan
09-07-2016, 11:20 AM
Carolina 17 Denver 13

Despite this being a huge game for the Broncos, just to shut the critics the fack up, i dont see it happening.

To much emotion, with a celebration of last years big win. It has early season let down all over it.

Let us not forget, thats one hell of a good defense in Carolina, and well, our oline has big questions, and who knows how Trevor will handle the big stage. Just not our week, good news is, its game 1.

Davii
09-07-2016, 12:12 PM
My plane has arrived.... the new season is closer... the defending Super Bowl champs....

Poet
09-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Their defense overachieved last year. I know I keep banging that drum, but last year literally showcased the best case scenario for the Panthers. It's really hard to consistently cover for a bad secondary, and if you look at those Carolina players....their secondary is bad.

And though Newton tends to defy logic, he will never have another year like last season. Most of his weapons are going to be neutralized. Their line, while good, is only good -- our pass rushers are great.

Before people get too pessimistic -- this Denver iteration essentially trumpets the strong Ravens teams of the 2000-2010 era....except we actually have great players on offense, too.

Timmy!
09-08-2016, 11:30 PM
23-21 Broncos.

So I missed it by 3. Meh.

BroncoWave
09-08-2016, 11:37 PM
I think the Panthers win a close one. They have had all offseason to make adjustments to our defense and they will come in as motivated as possible. And with it being Siemian's first game and against that defense, I have a hard time seeing how we score enough points to win. It will have to be like the Super Bowl where we sack cam a bunch and force a bunch of turnovers.

I hope I'm wrong obviously, but I don't see us winning this one.

I sorry.

Poet
09-08-2016, 11:40 PM
I sorry.

When one style bro falters the other picks him up. Let me carry you, young man. Let me carry you.

Poet
09-08-2016, 11:40 PM
Their defense overachieved last year. I know I keep banging that drum, but last year literally showcased the best case scenario for the Panthers. It's really hard to consistently cover for a bad secondary, and if you look at those Carolina players....their secondary is bad.

And though Newton tends to defy logic, he will never have another year like last season. Most of his weapons are going to be neutralized. Their line, while good, is only good -- our pass rushers are great.

Before people get too pessimistic -- this Denver iteration essentially trumpets the strong Ravens teams of the 2000-2010 era....except we actually have great players on offense, too.

Fairly accurate. I would have expected more out of Chris Harris Jr. but even studs have tough games.

Timmy!
09-08-2016, 11:41 PM
I sorry.

U ain't nostratimmy but u ain't sorry. Cam sorry.

sneakers
09-08-2016, 11:46 PM
Broncos 21-20

GEM
09-10-2016, 09:29 AM
Ye of little faith! Broncos rule, Panthers drool! :lol:

Northman
09-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Did Denver win?

GEM
09-10-2016, 09:36 AM
Did Denver win?