PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 1 (Panthers week)

VonDoom
09-04-2016, 08:29 AM
We did one of these for each week last year, so I figured we'd do the same this year. And guess what? It's game week! From Legwold:

You might think it's Sunday, but for the Broncos it's a Wednesday in their world as they will practice today and get into what would be their usual game-week schedule before Thursday night's season opener against the Carolina Panthers.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0564075360816206614-4

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2016, 12:17 PM
The Panthers are in worse shape than the Broncos, as they have to travel here, so they will lose that day as far as practice and preparation for the game.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2016, 03:39 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 24m

#Broncos TJ Ward on #Panthers having a Chip on shoulder. "Can be a Dorito. It doesn't matter."

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2016, 03:40 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 35m

#Broncos Trevor Siemian was bad at something last year: scout team QB as Cam Newton. Marshall laughed at the memory

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2016, 03:43 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 44m

#Broncos CJ Anderson on Siemian "I will ride or die with him. He knows I have his back." @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 54m

#Broncos Trevor Siemian said can take a little from Super Bowl preparation @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1h

#Broncos Kubiak expects Heuerman to be able to play Thursday. Not sure on Fowler, but he's improving @DenverChannel

#Broncos Kubiak said Sambrailo has "to play everywhere". He is utility guy. Schofield starting at RG "he earned it" @DenverChannel

#broncos captains offense: Demaryius Thomas, defense: DeMarcus Ware, and special teams Kayvon Webster @DenverChannel

Joel
09-04-2016, 11:23 PM

#Broncos Kubiak said Sambrailo has "to play everywhere". He is utility guy. Schofield starting at RG "he earned it" @DenverChannel
Against a VERY good Panthers D, no less: Who still wishes Lynch were playing this game? They may well get their wish before the gun; by the end, we may be calling Dallas to see if we can borrow Sanchez back for a few hours....

SCHOFIELD EARNED a STARTING spot. But remember: No one knows how good are line is or isn't this year. ;) #OrangeColoredRepeat

Simple Jaded
09-05-2016, 03:07 AM

Even Center? :D

VonDoom
09-05-2016, 06:44 AM
Against a VERY good Panthers D, no less: Who still wishes Lynch were playing this game? They may well get their wish before the gun; by the end, we may be calling Dallas to see if we can borrow Sanchez back for a few hours....

SCHOFIELD EARNED a STARTING spot. But remember: No one knows how good are line is or isn't this year. ;) #OrangeColoredRepeat

I have no idea what our coaching staff's obsession is with Schofield. Maybe he'll be better as a G, since he can't be worse than he was as an OT.

olathebroncofan
09-05-2016, 08:38 AM
I have no idea what our coaching staff's obsession is with Schofield. Maybe he'll be better as a G, since he can't be worse than he was as an OT.

Sure he can.

"My bad Coach. I thought we were supossed to open the 2 and 4 holes for the defense to get through."

"My bad Coach. I thought the more TOL's a defense has meant that they were loosing more."

"My bad Coach. I wanted to keep the backs fresh for the 4th quarter. The shorter the runs the better."

spikerman
09-05-2016, 12:19 PM
Rivera: Broncos' loss to Seahawks teaching tool for Panthers

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000695376/article/rivera-broncos-loss-to-seahawks-teaching-tool-for-panthers

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-05-2016, 12:37 PM

What's yer angle?

VonDoom
09-05-2016, 01:38 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 29m29 minutes ago

Don't see Jeff Heuerman at practice today again. He's been battling a hammy injury. Kubiak said they did expect him to play Thurs. #Broncos

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 24m24 minutes ago

Ty Sambrailo practicing for 2nd straight day. Don't see Bennie Fowler out here for 2nd straight day. May tough for him to go Thurs. #Broncos

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 26m26 minutes ago

We're an @NFL-best 15-1 in home openers since 2000 (.938 win percentage).

#Horsepower

VonDoom
09-05-2016, 03:00 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

#Broncos confirmed no Heuerman and Fowler at practice. Sambrailo and Ferentz limited @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

#Broncos Kubiak said Ware ready to go but they will have him on play count @DenverChannel

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 1m1 minute ago

OC Rick Dennison: "It's not just Trevor playing. It's the entire #Broncos."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 44s45 seconds ago

Dennison: "[@TrevorSiemian's] done a good job of everything we've asked him to do."

Simple Jaded
09-05-2016, 03:03 PM
What's yer angle?

There's no backup, currently, at that position. That's all I'm saying.

Mini-me had knee scope and Day was moved to PS.

:D

Denver Native (Carol)
09-05-2016, 08:21 PM
It's officially game week ahead of the NFL season opener between the Carolina Panthers and Denver Broncos.

With that comes the first shot of the week, albeit a somewhat light one and to a former player on the opposing team. Panthers' wide out Corey Brown sent a couple of words in the direction of former Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning, who was on the victorious end of last year's 24-10 Super Bowl victory in Santa Clara.

Joe Person

@josephperson

Told Broncos were bringing Peyton Manning for Thursday's game, Philly Brown said: "To hand the ball off?"

This is going to be a fun week
2:29 PM - 4 Sep 2016

rest - plus video - http://car.247sports.com/Bolt/Panthers-WR-Corey-Brown-takes-small-jab-at-Peyton-Manning-47209397

dogfish
09-05-2016, 11:23 PM

shit. . . i'll be happy if sambrailo can get on the field long enough to play anywhere, let alone everywhere. . .

as for schofield, the only thing he has "earned" is a swift kick in the ass. . . now that hillman is gone, that guy is my new fulltime whipping boy. . . actually, i suppose you could say that he earned that distinction. . .

Joel
09-06-2016, 03:48 AM
Sure he can.

"My bad Coach. I thought we were supossed to open the 2 and 4 holes for the defense to get through."

"My bad Coach. I thought the more TOL's a defense has meant that they were loosing more."

"My bad Coach. I wanted to keep the backs fresh for the 4th quarter. The shorter the runs the better."
Hey, man: No fair stealing my "our Swiss cheese line opens tons of holes, just in the wrong direction" schtick. Honestly, everyone's stealing all my best material lately; I'm starting to feel like Rodney Dangerfield. :(

Dapper Dan
09-06-2016, 10:16 AM
Cody Latimer to return kickoffs.

underrated29
09-06-2016, 10:38 AM
Huh? Is he that good at it?

Go Cody. Do well, dont get hurt.

GEM
09-06-2016, 10:39 AM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

#Broncos confirmed no Heuerman and Fowler at practice. Sambrailo and Ferentz limited @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

#Broncos Kubiak said Ware ready to go but they will have him on play count @DenverChannel

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 1m1 minute ago

OC Rick Dennison: "It's not just Trevor playing. It's the entire #Broncos."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 44s45 seconds ago

Dennison: "[@TrevorSiemian's] done a good job of everything we've asked him to do."

Effing Heuerman has a hurt foot now. :mad:

Dapper Dan
09-06-2016, 10:43 AM
Huh? Is he that good at it?

Go Cody. Do well, dont get hurt.

I guess we'll find out.

GEM
09-06-2016, 10:45 AM
rest - plus video - http://car.247sports.com/Bolt/Panthers-WR-Corey-Brown-takes-small-jab-at-Peyton-Manning-47209397

Hey ya little no name, bitch...that Manning guy, as terrible as he was, still scored enough points to beat you in the biggest game on the books while you were pegged by everyone and their freaking brother to win. Show some respect, dipshit. Who the hell is Corey Brown, never even heard of him.

Oh man, I just looked him up. This guys is running his mouth, this guy???
REC TGTS YDS AVG LNG TD FD ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
2015 Regular Season 31 55 447 14.4 39 4 24 6 38 6.3 14 0 0 0
2015 Postseason 10 19 215 21.5 86 1 6 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
Career 52 91 743 14.3 47 6 36 14 133 9.5 28 0 0 0

6 TD's in ALL of last year. 6. Shut your mouth. You only catch 57% of balls thrown your way. :laugh:

Dapper Dan
09-06-2016, 10:47 AM
Omg. I thought Gem was talking to Carol. :lol:

Valar Morghulis
09-06-2016, 10:47 AM
Huh? Is he that good at it? Go Cody. Do well, dont get hurt.

He will be amazing....

GEM
09-06-2016, 10:48 AM
Omg. I thought Gem was talking to Carol. :lol:

I didn't realize it wasn't going to pick up the tweet that she posted of the guy. :laugh: This just made me cry laughing!! :D

VonDoom
09-06-2016, 12:21 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 11m11 minutes ago

Jeff Heuerman back at #Broncos practice so he's got a shot for Thurs. No Bennie Fowler for third straight practice looks like he'll be out.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 11m11 minutes ago

James Ferentz and Ty Sambrailo practicing. Will be interesting to see if they are active Thurs. #Broncos

VonDoom
09-06-2016, 12:59 PM
Nice piece on our starting QB here at the Ringer, complete with clips from the preseason. Get hype!

The raw stats don’t explain how Siemian separated himself. Instead, a litany of statements from Kubiak and his teammates about Siemian’s intangible “it” factor show why the Broncos went with the inexperienced second-year pro over a guy who has two AFC championship game starts under his belt.

Here’s Kubiak: “Trevor is in command of what we do, how we do it, what we want to get done.”

Here’s running back C.J. Anderson: “You look at him and go, ‘There’s just something about that kid that makes you want to go play for him.’”

And here’s wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders: “Even when he comes into the huddle, he’s always the same guy. I remember when he first came in, I said, ‘You remind me of (Packers quarterback) Aaron Rodgers in the way that he goes about his business.’”

That’s what Denver’s counting on in the short term, and while Siemian has no game experience and is not the big, rifle-armed passer teams typically look for as their starter, he does have a strong enough arm to make all the throws required in Denver’s offense, is athletic enough to operate the Broncos’ bootleg game, and has shown he can take care of the football. He represents a high-floor, low-ceiling bridge to Lynch, who will need some time to acclimate to the Broncos offense and learn the playbook after running an up-tempo spread system under Justin Fuente at Memphis. Until Lynch develops into an above-average quarterback — or they find a different one — the Broncos will lean on their Super Bowl-winning formula: keeping the score manageable with their elite defense, while asking Siemian to manage the hell out of the game offensively. He’ll hand the ball off to his running backs, he’ll protect the football, and every once in a while, he’ll throw a ball downfield.

https://theringer.com/who-is-trevor-siemian-and-what-does-he-do-3446a1237e1#.7wqiq42ew

Denver Native (Carol)
09-06-2016, 01:04 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 18m

A lot of talk about Siemian. Wonder still if #Broncos will take shots outside/deep to Sanders Thomas vs. inexperienced CBs?

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 29m

"It's Time" is motto on shirts many #Broncos wearing. LB coach Reggie Herring coined it. Says --RH after the quote on shirt @DenverChannel

MOtorboat
09-06-2016, 01:07 PM
That's good to hear. That makes feel a little better. Love the writers at the Ringer.

Still had to laugh at this line, which is the writer's: "...while asking Siemian to manage the hell out of the game offensively."

Dapper Dan
09-06-2016, 01:07 PM
Nice piece on our starting QB here at the Ringer, complete with clips from the preseason. Get hype!

https://theringer.com/who-is-trevor-siemian-and-what-does-he-do-3446a1237e1#.7wqiq42ew

I don't get hype. I STAY HYPE!

NightTerror218
09-06-2016, 01:20 PM
Siemien better go deep. Carolina has the beat ILB duo who pick QBs off left and right. The shirt passes and across the middle are not safe inbthis game. DT and Sanders should eat secodary alive.

GEM
09-06-2016, 01:59 PM
Carol, I apologize if you thought I directed that at you! :) No way, no how would I ever speak to you like that!

BroncoWave
09-06-2016, 02:00 PM
I would pay good money to see GEM and Carol just tear into each other. :D

GEM
09-06-2016, 02:01 PM

Now you on the other hand....:D

Dapper Dan
09-06-2016, 02:03 PM

Jesus, Wave. This is a family site.

BroncoWave
09-06-2016, 02:05 PM
Jesus, Wave. This is a family site.

I meant with their words you disgusting sicko!

VonDoom
09-06-2016, 02:08 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 22m22 minutes ago

#Broncos TJ Ward on whether expects Carolina to be chippy "We are the antagonizers.We are in our house. Whatever we decide to do we will do"

Denver Native (Carol)
09-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Carol, I apologize if you thought I directed that at you! :) No way, no how would I ever speak to you like that!

When I read your post, to me it was obvious that you were not directing it at me - WELL, unless you think I am aka Corey Brown - LOL

Denver Native (Carol)
09-06-2016, 03:23 PM
Wolfe on underdog role: 'They want to fuel fire'
DE believes defense is ready for challenge
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/wolfe-on-underdog-role-they-want-to-fuel-fire

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2h

#Broncos TJ Ward on whether expects Carolina to be chippy "We are the antagonizers.We are in our house. Whatever we decide to do we will do"

Broncos Ward: 'We are the antagonizers'
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/broncos-ward-we-are-the-antagonizers

VonDoom
09-06-2016, 03:24 PM
In addition to being 15-1 in home openers since 2000, which I posted yesterday, I also found this. We're three point underdogs in this game (not surprising, given our QB situation) but someone on the Mane found this - our record as home underdogs is pretty damn good. In fact, we're the only team in the league that is better than .500 as a home dog. Take that for what you will:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/trends/win_trends/?sc=is_home_dog&range=yearly_all

Canmore
09-06-2016, 03:33 PM

How's his glass ******?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-06-2016, 05:55 PM
Andrew Mason Retweeted
Fᴏᴏᴛʙᴀʟʟ Zᴇʙʀᴀs ‏@footballzebras 23h

Gene Steratore is the referee for the Thursday night kickoff game #CARvsDEN #SuperBowl50dot2

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2h

Siemian will have the freedom to make calls at the line, & 4 other things you need to know: http://j.mp/2cEpYsW

G_Money
09-06-2016, 06:35 PM

It's a good year for TEs coming up. Heuerman can't stay healthy enough to play, so we'd better grab another one. If Jeff finally gets healthy (and STAYS that way) then we'll have two useful TEs. I can live with that.

Ziggy
09-06-2016, 07:15 PM
It's a good year for TEs coming up. Heuerman can't stay healthy enough to play, so we'd better grab another one. If Jeff finally gets healthy (and STAYS that way) then we'll have two useful TEs. I can live with that.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/4d10fdefb57b7a884a38f324982afd117075091e/c=436-347-1896-2293&r=537&c=0-0-534-712/local/-/media/DetroitFreePress/None/2014/11/01/635504513922570406-DFP-1012-jakebutt-3-2-1-438PUBDE-L499178517.JPG

http://pigskinprospects.com/wp-content/uploads/jordaneggettsmall.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/CFP+National+Championship+Alabama+v+Clemson+wDW3VK k3Eeyl.jpg

Traveler
09-06-2016, 07:33 PM
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/CFP+National+Championship+Alabama+v+Clemson+wDW3VK k3Eeyl.jpg

I prefer this guy! Way more than enough ammo to move up and get him.

dogfish
09-06-2016, 07:45 PM
lol, heurmann. . . how in the world did he manage to hurt himself again? he hasn't even been practicing!

Davii
09-06-2016, 11:08 PM
I am ready for this game. Now.

VonDoom
09-07-2016, 01:14 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 9m9 minutes ago

Bennie Fowler is listed as out Thursday against Carolina. Jeff Heuerman, Ty Sambrailo, James Ferentz questionable. #Broncos

Buff
09-07-2016, 04:16 PM
So what happens if one of our tackles goes down? Is Sambrailo even healthy? Let alone serviceable at tackle?

I assume so because there isn't anyone listed behind him, but man, all indications have been that he's overmatched outside - so it seems a little disconcerting that he'd be the backup at both tackle positions.

VonDoom
09-07-2016, 04:23 PM
So what happens if one of our tackles goes down? Is Sambrailo even healthy? Let alone serviceable at tackle?

I assume so because there isn't anyone listed behind him, but man, all indications have been that he's overmatched outside - so it seems a little disconcerting that he'd be the backup at both tackle positions.

There's always Weems. Or Schofield ...

dogfish
09-07-2016, 04:41 PM
i was gonna say, i think schofield is up next if sombrero is still gimpy. . .

:shudders:

Davii
09-07-2016, 04:48 PM
Can't believe the team store doesn't have a Wolfe jersey!

I called the few Dicks near my Mom's and no joy there either. Any thoughts?

BroncoJoe
09-07-2016, 05:10 PM

I think that's way TMI. I hope your mom slaps you in the face!

VonDoom
09-07-2016, 07:03 PM

You can custom make them on the team store, I believe. That's how I got my Chris Harris jersey.

http://shop.denverbroncos.com/Denver_Broncos_Mens_Jerseys/Mens_Nike_Orange_Denver_Broncos_Custom_Game_Jersey

spikerman
09-07-2016, 10:28 PM

I hope you can get to the place I told you about.

dogfish
09-08-2016, 12:05 AM
I hope you can get to the place I told you about.

under the bridge downtown?

Davii
09-08-2016, 12:09 AM
under the bridge downtown?

Is where I drew some blood

MOtorboat
09-08-2016, 02:21 AM
Is where I drew some blood

Could he get enough?

underrated29
09-08-2016, 08:44 AM
Could he get enough?