PDA

View Full Version : Elway Denies Talib Trade Rumors

Poet
09-03-2016, 08:25 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17457515/denver-broncos-looking-trade-cb-aqib-talib

The Denver Broncos are making Pro Bowl cornerback Aqib Talib available via trade for the right price, sources told ESPN's Dianna Russini on Saturday.
Broncos general manager John Elway denied the report.
"False," Elway told reporters. "[Talib's] name was never brought up anywhere."
Talib, entering his ninth NFL season, had three interceptions -- two of which were returned for touchdowns -- and 45 tackles during the Broncos' championship season in 2015.

While I don't believe that they would trade him under most circumstances, no player is 'untradeable'.

BroncoWave
09-03-2016, 08:37 PM
I honestly wouldn't mind it. It really seems like this is going to be a transition year, and Talib ain't coming back next year, so I wouldn't mind getting value for him. We can roll with Roby as CB2 with Webster and Doss as the 3 and 4 guys and be fine IMO.

Poet
09-03-2016, 08:39 PM
I honestly wouldn't mind it. It really seems like this is going to be a transition year, and Talib ain't coming back next year, so I wouldn't mind getting value for him. We can roll with Roby as CB2 with Webster and Doss as the 3 and 4 guys and be fine IMO.

I think Denver can be a nine or ten win team this year so I wouldn't want them to trade him. I understand your position, though.

BroncoWave
09-03-2016, 08:42 PM
I think Denver can be a nine or ten win team this year so I wouldn't want them to trade him. I understand your position, though.

It would have to be good value in return. I wouldn't just give him away. But I think with our CB depth it wouldn't be the worst idea if we could get value.

Poet
09-03-2016, 08:43 PM
It would have to be good value in return. I wouldn't just give him away. But I think with our CB depth it wouldn't be the worst idea if we could get value.

I would guestimate his value would be two seconds?

BroncoWave
09-03-2016, 08:45 PM
I would guestimate his value would be two seconds?

Hmm, that would be a lot to give up for a 30 year old CB. If someone offered that, I would jump all over it if I were Elway. If Bradford can fetch a 1 and 4 though, who the hell knows.

Poet
09-03-2016, 08:49 PM
Hmm, that would be a lot to give up for a 30 year old CB. If someone offered that, I would jump all over it if I were Elway. If Bradford can fetch a 1 and 4 though, who the hell knows.

He's a top five corner. Shit, look at how much Josh Norman got for being a cover two corner with only one good year. It's one of those magical positions.

BroncoWave
09-03-2016, 08:50 PM
He's a top five corner. Shit, look at how much Josh Norman got for being a cover two corner with only one good year. It's one of those magical positions.

With a position like CB that's largely based on speed, a guy can drop off quick though. It would have to be a team in win-now mode to give that up for him.

Poet
09-03-2016, 08:51 PM
With a position like CB that's largely based on speed, a guy can drop off quick though. It would have to be a team in win-now mode to give that up for him.

True, but his game was never based on speed. I think that would help his value a lot. He's also still one helluva ballhawk and probably the best star cornerback in run coverage.

Dapper Dan
09-03-2016, 09:04 PM
If the Over The Cap website's number are correct, we could save about $7 million by trading him.

Poet
09-03-2016, 09:08 PM
If the Over The Cap website's number are correct, we could save about $7 million by trading him.

What in the **** is your avatar about?

I don't want to trade Talib. He is my spirit animal.

Dapper Dan
09-03-2016, 09:13 PM
What in the **** is your avatar about?

I don't want to trade Talib. He is my spirit animal.

My new team, of course. Go Dawg Pound, or something.

Poet
09-03-2016, 09:15 PM
My new team, of course. Go Dawg Pound, or something.

I don't know why you want to disrespect me so, but you and I are no longer friends in any capacity. Goodbye.

BroncoWave
09-03-2016, 09:17 PM
I don't know why you want to disrespect me so, but you and I are no longer friends in any capacity. Goodbye.

Sad.

Poet
09-03-2016, 09:18 PM
Sad.

I didn't ask for this; a man can only suffer so much.

Simple Jaded
09-03-2016, 09:30 PM
I said good day!

Simple Jaded
09-03-2016, 09:46 PM
I bet I know who started the rumor...he's annoying...and his name rhymes with Joel.

Poet
09-03-2016, 09:47 PM
I bet I know who started the rumor...he's annoying...and his name rhymes with Joel.

I don't know who the **** this Noel person is, but they're about to catch these hands.

GEM
09-03-2016, 09:51 PM
Premature ejaculation = Joel reading that rumor when it first came out.

Simple Jaded
09-03-2016, 09:52 PM
I don't know who the **** this Noel person is, but they're about to catch these hands.

He's hard to coerce, you'll probably have to VonKinger him.

Poet
09-03-2016, 09:52 PM
Premature ejaculation = Joel reading that rumor when it first came out.

To be fair to Joel, it happens to most guys...not me...because I'm better than almost everyone, but most guys.

Poet
09-03-2016, 09:53 PM
He's hard to coerce, you'll probably have to VonKinger him.

He can get VonKingered! He can get murderdanced! He can get hashtagged. I'll put that boy in a box and name him Jack! Someone call that boy's momma. SOMEONE SAVE THAT BOY!

Simple Jaded
09-03-2016, 09:59 PM
His momma will weep.

Poet
09-03-2016, 10:02 PM
His momma will weep.

She can **** around and get hashtagged, too. She sorry.

Joel
09-03-2016, 10:19 PM
Your opinion couldn't be more wrong: Promoting Roby to Talibs spot and Webster to Robys would immediately destroy the #1 D. The best of our backup CBs is so bad he's lucky to even be on the roster, which necessarily means Doss is even worse (since he's behind Webster on the depth chart.) The Broncos would instantly become so horrible we'd probably be relegated to the CFL, maybe even a Pop Warner league. Wave, why do you hate America? :bncry:

Poet
09-03-2016, 10:23 PM
Your opinion couldn't be more wrong: Promoting Roby to Talibs spot and Webster to Robys would immediately destroy the #1 D. The best of our backup CBs is so bad he's lucky to even be on the roster, which necessarily means Doss is even worse (since he's behind Webster on the depth chart.) The Broncos would instantly become so horrible we'd probably be relegated to the CFL, maybe even a Pop Warner league. Wave, why do you hate America? :bncry:

When you take a top five player at his position off of his team his team gets worse -- unless, of course, that team has the fourth, third, second, or overall best player at his position on his team.

Joel
09-03-2016, 10:35 PM
When you take a top five player at his position off of his team his team gets worse -- unless, of course, that team has the fourth, third, second, or overall best player at his position on his team.
Then we're doubly blessed to have Harris AND Roby. Frankly, with two elite CBs who excel on the edge AND in the slot, an aging fragile suspension-magnet is a luxury; at $10M this year and $12 the next, a luxury we can ill afford (in multiple senses.) I feel pretty good about Webster on any given teams THIRD best receiver.

Poet
09-03-2016, 10:38 PM
Then we're doubly blessed to have Harris AND Roby. Frankly, with two elite CBs who excel on the edge AND in the slot, an aging fragile suspension-magnet is a luxury; at $10M this year and $12 the next, a luxury we can ill afford (in multiple senses.) I feel pretty good about Webster on any given teams THIRD best receiver.

Mitigating a strength of the team is still mitigation. There's no indication as to Talib falling off yet. The defense needs as much juice as it can get to carry what we can only hope is a decent offense. On top of that, he's the heart and soul of the defense. If we trade him, it better be for a haul.

VonDoom
09-03-2016, 10:44 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17457515/denver-broncos-looking-trade-cb-aqib-talib

The Denver Broncos are making Pro Bowl cornerback Aqib Talib available via trade for the right price, sources told ESPN's Dianna Russini on Saturday.
Broncos general manager John Elway denied the report.
"False," Elway told reporters. "[Talib's] name was never brought up anywhere."
Talib, entering his ninth NFL season, had three interceptions -- two of which were returned for touchdowns -- and 45 tackles during the Broncos' championship season in 2015.

While I don't believe that they would trade him under most circumstances, no player is 'untradeable'.

Obviously depends on the compensation but it would have to be really good to consider. No reason to mess with the No Fly Zone for now but as you say, no one is truly untradeable

Joel
09-03-2016, 10:53 PM
Mitigating a strength of the team is still mitigation. There's no indication as to Talib falling off yet. The defense needs as much juice as it can get to carry what we can only hope is a decent offense. On top of that, he's the heart and soul of the defense. If we trade him, it better be for a haul.
While I concede Talib's a good choice if the team needs juice (that how he got his FIRST suspension,) he's >30 at a speed position AND plays a very physical style. Like his mentor Darrell Green, Champ showed no age—until he fell of a cliff just three years older than Talib is now. And Talib doesn't have nearly as far to fall.

Juice up, gramps. ;)

Poet
09-03-2016, 10:57 PM
While I concede Talib's a good choice if the team needs juice (that how he got his FIRST suspension,) he's >30 at a speed position AND plays a very physical style. Like his mentor Darrell Green, Champ showed no age—until he fell of a cliff just three years older than Talib is now. And Talib doesn't have nearly as far to fall.

Juice up, gramps. ;)

Until a player falls off, if they're truly great, you don't anticipate for them to fall off. He's not a speedster, he doesn't rely on it. He relies on a strong form and intellect. He hasn't gotten weaker, he's just as smart, and he's shown zero dropoff. Revis hasn't been a speedster for several years now, he's still a top five corner by most accounts. In regards to Champ Bailey's play, people were saying he was going to fall off five to six years before he did.

Simple Jaded
09-04-2016, 12:28 AM
Facemasking thugs like Talib have no place on my 5th or 6th most favorite team.

Joel
09-04-2016, 01:22 AM
Until a player falls off, if they're truly great, you don't anticipate for them to fall off. He's not a speedster, he doesn't rely on it. He relies on a strong form and intellect. He hasn't gotten weaker, he's just as smart, and he's shown zero dropoff. Revis hasn't been a speedster for several years now, he's still a top five corner by most accounts. In regards to Champ Bailey's play, people were saying he was going to fall off five to six years before he did.
People said "age" would catch Champ at 28? Which people? Regardless, Talib's not "truly great." He's good, and augments that with cheap shots when the ref's not looking (or even when he is, because come at me, bro) but he's been dismantled too many times by too many WRs to qualify as "elite."

So what's left when age equally "augmented" by years of "physical" (read: Dirty) play catch up with a good-but-not-great player? Nothing good; certainly nothing worth $10M/yr when we've got 2-3 much younger and cheaper CBs with a legitimate shot at eliteness waiting in the wings.

Turning the NFL into the UFC requires no talent; years of abuse by Steve Smith or getting beaten up by a double-concussed WR smaller than ME isn't "greatness."

Poet
09-04-2016, 01:26 AM
People said "age" would catch Champ at 28? Which people? Regardless, Talib's not "truly great." He's good, and augments that with cheap shots when the ref's not looking (or even when he is, because come at me, bro) but he's been dismantled too many times by too many WRs to qualify as "elite."

So what's left when age equally "augmented" by years of "physical" (read: Dirty) play catch up with a good-but-not-great player? Nothing good; certainly nothing worth $10M/yr when we've got 2-3 much younger and cheaper CBs with a legitimate shot at eliteness waiting in the wings.

Yup, because he was pushing thirty and his elite speed would fall off. Then it would fall off at 29, 30, et al. Talib has been a top five corner in the league for quite some time. He was an all-pro talent coming out of college that stumbled because he's a bit of a knucklehead. But for the past three or four seasons there's not been five better corners than Talib. And sure, he is dirty in the sense of late hits and PF, but he's physical in the sense of press coverage, run stoppping, et al.

It comes down to when his play falls off. Until then, there's no reason he's not worth that money, especially when you need the defense to stay as good as possible because of the offense. When he goes he takes ballhawkish tendencies, tackling, leadership, fire, experience, and coverage ability with him. So there better be some high value if he leaves because he's needed now more than ever.

Timmy!
09-04-2016, 01:30 AM
Don't stop Talibing!

MOtorboat
09-04-2016, 03:35 AM
Can you imagine how giddy Joel was when he saw that tweet? And how pissed he was when Elway dashed his dreams?

Joel
09-04-2016, 06:24 AM
Yup, because he was pushing thirty and his elite speed would fall off. Then it would fall off at 29, 30, et al. Talib has been a top five corner in the league for quite some time. He was an all-pro talent coming out of college that stumbled because he's a bit of a knucklehead. But for the past three or four seasons there's not been five better corners than Talib. And sure, he is dirty in the sense of late hits and PF, but he's physical in the sense of press coverage, run stoppping, et al.

It comes down to when his play falls off. Until then, there's no reason he's not worth that money, especially when you need the defense to stay as good as possible because of the offense. When he goes he takes ballhawkish tendencies, tackling, leadership, fire, experience, and coverage ability with him. So there better be some high value if he leaves because he's needed now more than ever.
Literally everyone says we have a top five CB: Chris Harris Jr. But among those whose judgement of NFL players is good enough to earn a comfortable living, Bucky Brooks (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000649178/article/why-there-are-no-true-shutdown-corners-today-my-top-five-cbs) is the ONLY one who ranks Talib among the top five (while snubbing Harris completely; yet again I wonder HOW his judgement earns his living.)
Fox (http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/ranking-the-top-10-cornerbacks-in-the-nfl-070716)
SI (http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/07/05/positional-rankings-outside-cornerbacks-richard-sherman-darrelle-revis)
BR (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2623992-br-nfl-1000-ranking-the-top-101-cornerbacks-from-2015/page/58)
MMQB (i.e. a different SI take) (http://247sports.com/Gallery/45398291/GallerySlides/270492-270492?View=Full#270507-270507)

The last two are willing to go as high as 11th and 8th, respectively, but that's it. Maybe Talib will improve; elevate his play to the point someone other than his fans considers him a top five CB—but that's pretty unlikely since he's already past 30. You know what they say: It's not the years, it's the MILEAGE; whatever one thinks of Talibs playing style, it's put a lot more mileage on his aging body than most CBs see.

Poet
09-04-2016, 10:58 AM
Is Harris out there covering the number one, Joel? Because I read those lists andI laughed hard at it. For instance, Fox thinks Slay is better than Talib? Josh 'I've had one good season' Norman is better? The same guy who literally plays cover two zone? Come on.

Simple Jaded
09-04-2016, 02:02 PM
Chris Harris doesn't rely on speed either, they better start replacing him.

Joel
09-04-2016, 11:32 PM
Chris Harris doesn't rely on speed either, they better start replacing him.
Chris Harris didn't turn 30 six months ago: He turned 27 three months ago. While I concede it's WAY too early to rank Norman as a top CB, sucker punching guys in the back of the head after the whistle is NOT a criterion of "greatness." It actually tends to be how subpar players compensate for LACK of talent.

Poet
09-04-2016, 11:40 PM
Chris Harris didn't turn 30 six months ago: He turned 27 three months ago. While I concede it's WAY too early to rank Norman as a top CB, sucker punching guys in the back of the head after the whistle is NOT a criterion of "greatness." It actually tends to be how subpar players compensate for LACK of talent.

You can be a great player and be dirty. In fact, many of the all-time great players fit that criteria. You might have heard of the 70's Steelers (Mel Blount), Rodney Harrison, or Rod Woodson. Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs would like to have a word with you. In fact, James Harrison would as well. Wasn't there a safety in San Fran who was known as a hard hitting monster that was accused of being dirty? Isn't that guy in the HoF?

It seems strange that Talib would be called for having a lack of talent when he fell in the draft because of his attitude and actions...NOT talent.

Joel
09-04-2016, 11:59 PM
You can be a great player and be dirty. In fact, many of the all-time great players fit that criteria. You might have heard of the 70's Steelers (Mel Blount), Rodney Harrison, or Rod Woodson. Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs would like to have a word with you. In fact, James Harrison would as well. Wasn't there a safety in San Fran who was known as a hard hitting monster that was accused of being dirty? Isn't that guy in the HoF?

It seems strange that Talib would be called for having a lack of talent when he fell in the draft because of his attitude and actions...NOT talent.
Saying great players CAN be dirty and average or worse players ONLY overperform by being dirty aren't mutually exclusive. And yeah, if this were 40 years ago DBs who "covered" like Mel Blount and Jack Ham did might be considered great, but those guys are literally why PI and illegal contact rules were INVENTED. And comparing Talib to James Harrison or a double-murderer like Ray Lewis... whose side are you on here? ;)

Poet
09-05-2016, 12:06 AM
Saying great players CAN be dirty and average or worse players ONLY overperform by being dirty aren't mutually exclusive. And yeah, if this were 40 years ago DBs who "covered" like Mel Blount and Jack Ham did might be considered great, but those guys are literally why PI and illegal contact rules were INVENTED. And comparing Talib to James Harrison or a double-murderer like Ray Lewis... whose side are you on here? ;)

It seemed like you were saying he was dirty because he sucked. If he's great (and he is) and he's dirty, who cares? Harrison was a dominant player. Ray Lewis is the greatest defender ever.

nevcraw
09-05-2016, 08:00 AM

Suspension magnet maybe- but anyone who can recover from a gunshot wound in weeks is hardly fragile. Dude is tough as hell. Talib is needed if we are truly trying to chase another one. It's not just his play - his mean mindset is huge for the d.

MOtorboat
09-05-2016, 09:57 AM
Remember after the Super Bowl loss how much Joel wanted a defense like Seattle's?

Yeah. Me too.

Poet
09-05-2016, 11:27 AM
Remember after the Super Bowl loss how much Joel wanted a defense like Seattle's?

Yeah. Me too.

Chancelllor's biggest hits are helmet to helmet. Sherman gets away with all kinds of penalties and late hits. Earl Thomas goes low the second it makes the tackle more likely to succeed. Point being, people can take umbrage with that defense.

MOtorboat
09-05-2016, 11:31 AM
Chancelllor's biggest hits are helmet to helmet. Sherman gets away with all kinds of penalties and late hits. Earl Thomas goes low the second it makes the tackle more likely to succeed. Point being, people can take umbrage with that defense.

Yeah. And Joel wanted that. Now Denver has it and he's whining about it. It's just part of the big circle.

Poet
09-05-2016, 11:33 AM
Yeah. And Joel wanted that. Now Denver has it and he's whining about it. It's just part of the big circle.

The Broncos don't win a SB without Talib. I said it!

Dapper Dan
09-05-2016, 11:38 AM

Nor without Britton Colquitt. But that's none of my business.

BroncoWave
09-05-2016, 11:40 AM

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR85dl_ZKEMHy2BFHT2Ayjh12OSXKLTc ggV4vWTSltDPxM84cwBJ8qQTog

Poet
09-05-2016, 11:40 AM

Well I think a lot of kickers would have done what he did because he's not very good.

Timmy!
09-05-2016, 11:42 AM

The Broncos don't even win the divisional round without Talib. He saved our asses against the steelers.

Poet
09-05-2016, 11:44 AM
The Broncos don't even win the divisional round without Talib. He saved our asses against the steelers.

Top five corners who can cover, ball hawk, tackle, lead a defense, intimidate, and stand up to the dirtiest team in the league tend to do that.

Dapper Dan
09-05-2016, 11:48 AM
http://insidethepylon.com/film-study/film-study-nfl/special-teams-film-study-nfl/2016/02/16/the-case-for-britton-colquitt-as-super-bowl-mvp/

Dapper Dan
09-05-2016, 11:50 AM
Well I think a lot of kickers would have done what he did because he's not very good.

Kickers don't usually punt the ball. Learn football and get back to me, fam.

Poet
09-05-2016, 11:50 AM
Is that a link about how replaceable he is?

Poet
09-05-2016, 11:51 AM
Kickers don't usually punt the ball. Learn football and get back to me, fam.

My god, it's almost like punters are a former of kickers as they both kick the football; fam.

Timmy!
09-05-2016, 11:55 AM
Sauerbrun>colquitt

slim
09-05-2016, 11:56 AM
If Josh McDaniels would have cut Great Britton, you guys would be telling us how it set the franchise back 10 years.

BroncoJoe
09-05-2016, 12:12 PM
I don't remember - is Danny somehow related to our former kicker?

slim
09-05-2016, 12:24 PM
I don't remember - is Danny somehow related to our former kicker?

They are soulmates.

Valar Morghulis
09-05-2016, 12:28 PM
i could throw the ball up, swing from the waist, whack the ball with my penis and/or nutsack and the range and accuracy would be comparable with the worst punter in the colquitt family between 2012 and 2015 up to but not including the post season last year.

Exageration is a billion times worse than anything else

Poet
09-05-2016, 12:32 PM
I'm glad that Dan has a favorite player from his favorite school. That's dope.

slim
09-05-2016, 12:34 PM
Whatever happened to Marcus Nash?

MOtorboat
09-05-2016, 12:41 PM
Whatever happened to Marcus Nash?

He's 40 and retired. He was an Arena League star.

Slick
09-05-2016, 12:47 PM
We ain't listen to nothing Joel said. He got served. Joel ain't help us do nothing. He sorry.

Valar Morghulis
09-05-2016, 12:50 PM
We ain't listen to nothing Joel said. He got served. Joel ain't help us do nothing. He sorry.

some fine orating

Poet
09-05-2016, 01:06 PM

I love Joel....but that boy dead!

Slick
09-05-2016, 01:10 PM
I don't get his dislike of Talib.

MOtorboat
09-05-2016, 01:15 PM

Lack of other things to complain about.

Poet
09-05-2016, 01:16 PM

I believe Joel would prefer a more technically sound approach to the defense; a mitigation of penalties and cap space combined with the depth at corner seem to be the premise of his stance.

I want a defense that dominates. Ours does, and Talib is a huge part of that. That type of domination tends to come with some of those penalties -- I literally cannot think of another dominant all time defense that didn't have some dirty playmakers on it. I'm not certain one even exists. In regards to cap space, Talib is worth his money. If you want to have a dominant defense or offense, the NFL salary structure dictates that you either get it on the cheap for awhile, or you pay for it. We're paying for it. In regards to depth -- it's easy to say 'we're deep right now we're good-- Talib's presence allows for us to put Harris and company on matchups that are more suited for their style. While Talib isn't perfect, and sometimes his slack gets picked up by Harris and company, as of now he is the table setter.

I love the guy.

slim
09-05-2016, 01:29 PM
I believe Joel would prefer a more technically sound approach to the defense; a mitigation of penalties and cap space combined with the depth at corner seem to be the premise of his stance.

But why?

If it ain't broke....

Poet
09-05-2016, 01:32 PM
But why?

If it ain't broke....

I prefer steak. Some people prefer Chicken.

slim
09-05-2016, 01:33 PM
I prefer steak. Some people prefer Chicken.

Some people prefer chicken to steak?

Da faq?

slim
09-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Next your going to tell me some people prefer seafood to steak...c'mon man!

Poet
09-05-2016, 01:37 PM
Next your going to tell me some people prefer seafood to steak...c'mon man!

I prefer seafood to steak.

slim
09-05-2016, 01:37 PM

No you don't.

Poet
09-05-2016, 01:39 PM
No you don't.

On my mother's eyes, yeah.

BroncoWave
09-05-2016, 01:40 PM
Steak is overrated. It's good and all, but not always worth the premium it costs over other meats. I typically pick chicken over steak myself if given the option.

slim
09-05-2016, 01:41 PM
On my mother's eyes, yeah.

I feel you are vulnerable and confused.

I will hear no more on this matter until you have sought professional help.

slim
09-05-2016, 01:42 PM
Steak is overrated. It's good and all, but not always worth the premium it costs over other meats. I typically pick chicken over steak myself if given the option.

You are overrated.

BroncoWave
09-05-2016, 01:43 PM
You are overrated.

This would imply that someone actually rates me highly in the first place. Who is this mystery person? :lol:

Poet
09-05-2016, 01:52 PM
I feel you are vulnerable and confused.

I will hear no more on this matter until you have sought professional help.

I love sushi. I love shrimp. I love white rice (sushi). I love octopus, salmon, fish in general. I would eat sushi every day if I could because there's so much variety to it.

WARHORSE
09-05-2016, 02:05 PM

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9392&stc=1

Valar Morghulis
09-05-2016, 02:07 PM

WARHORSE
09-05-2016, 02:12 PM
How can we trade Talib?

If we trade him and then Harris or Roby gets hurt, whats our nickel look like?

We arent trading him.

Poet
09-05-2016, 02:13 PM
How can we trade Talib?

If we trade him and then Harris or Roby gets hurt, whats our nickel look like?

We arent trading him.

Joel believes Webster to be strong enough to make it work. The thing about depth is that once it starts to chip away it goes quickly.

Dapper Dan
09-05-2016, 02:55 PM
Sauerbrun>colquitt

Sauerbrun seemed like a big dude.

Dapper Dan
09-05-2016, 02:57 PM
You dumbasses probably think a RB and FB are the same thing. You probably think all OL are the same. Neanderthals.

Poet
09-05-2016, 03:05 PM
You dumbasses probably think a RB and FB are the same thing. You probably think all OL are the same. Neanderthals.

Weak distinction as there are several kickers who do both. Furthermore since the term was used colloquially, and you literally knew what we meant, as well as it made sense, your comparison falls flat on its face.

Hit the showers. FWIW, you're a better debater than Colquiiter was kicker.

Dapper Dan
09-05-2016, 03:15 PM

Ew.

Dapper Dan
09-05-2016, 03:16 PM
Weak distinction as there are several kickers who do both. Furthermore since the term was used colloquially, and you literally knew what we meant, as well as it made sense, your comparison falls flat on its face.

Hit the showers. FWIW, you're a better debater than Colquiiter was kicker.

How many NFL teams have one guy that does both kicking and punting?

Simple Jaded
09-05-2016, 03:37 PM
I simply cannot believe what transpired here today, shocking doesn't begin to describe.

Shocking.......just shocking.

Dapper Dan
09-05-2016, 03:40 PM
I simply cannot believe what transpired here today, shocking doesn't begin to describe.

Shocking.......just shocking.

I concur. I'm appalled by the ignorance.

Simple Jaded
09-05-2016, 03:46 PM
I concur. I'm appalled by the ignorance.

Appalled is good. I am also appalled.

BroncoWave
09-05-2016, 03:49 PM
How many NFL teams have one guy that does both kicking and punting?

That doesn't mean that most kickers couldn't punt in a pinch and vise versa. McManus, for example, did both very well in college until he specialized in one in the NFL. And you often see when a kicker or punter gets hurt, the other steps in during that game and typically does a passable job at least.

But more to king's point, the term "kicker" was used colloquially, and you knew what he meant, so this whole argument over the term is kinda ridiculous.

Dapper Dan
09-05-2016, 03:54 PM
Yeah. A WR or NT can kick in a pinch. It doesn't make the positions interchangeable. We're a football community. Speak better football.

BroncoWave
09-05-2016, 03:56 PM
Yeah. A WR or NT can kick in a pinch. It doesn't make the positions interchangeable. We're a football community. Speak better football.

One could also argue that since we're a football community, we can be a bit looser with terminology since the people we are conversing with know football and will understand what we're talking about.

MOtorboat
09-05-2016, 03:58 PM
Punters are people too.

Dapper Dan
09-05-2016, 03:59 PM
One could also argue that since we're a football community, we can be a bit looser with terminology since the people we are conversing with know football and will understand what we're talking about.

You could, but you'd still be wrong.

Poet
09-05-2016, 05:29 PM

And if we were talking about NT's or WR's we would be wrong. Yet we were talking about kickers. Under that umbrella, punters and FG kickers. Actual ones. If you were to talk about WR's, I wouldn't be like 'what about Talib'.

You're grasping at straws.

Stop that.

Valar Morghulis
09-05-2016, 05:33 PM
The best argument to defend your player is semantics. That is a distraction, not an argument.

BroncoBuckeye73
09-05-2016, 05:42 PM
DapperDan it must hurt to log on to the Bronco Forum everyday with that Browns avatar, you know The Drive, The Fumble and such. But i understand loyalty to a school and i would be bummed if the Broncos lost Roby , not yet sure on Huerman as he seems to always be hurt. Von I like your assesment on Joel's post but I think the core reason he wants rid of Talib and his money is to have some overpriced guard to take his place so he can switch from complaining about the o line and star complaining about the secondary.

Poet
09-05-2016, 05:43 PM
DapperDan it must hurt to log on to the Bronco Forum everyday with that Browns avatar, you know The Drive, The Fumble and such. But i understand loyalty to a school and i would be bummed if the Broncos lost Roby , not yet sure on Huerman as he seems to always be hurt. Von I like your assesment on Joel's post but I think the core reason he wants rid of Talib and his money is to have some overpriced guard to take his place so he can switch from complaining about the o line and star complaining about the secondary.

Dan is a hardcore Broncos loyalist. He is just struggling with the release of Colquitt. We should be kinder to him, for his heart is pure.

BroncoBuckeye73
09-05-2016, 05:49 PM
I am sure of that Von that is why i said loyalty to his school I root for every Buckeye to do well after they finish school and go to the pro's, just not when they play against us.

Poet
09-05-2016, 05:51 PM
Real Talk -- I love Dan. But he ain't love the Kinger.

BroncoBuckeye73
09-05-2016, 06:09 PM
I have no ill will towards Dan or Colquitt, but since the Colquitt family has tormented Denver for 2 generations now, both his dad and his brother played and play for the Chefs, I was hoping that they would sign him as a back up out of family loyalty.

Joel
09-06-2016, 04:08 AM
I'm struggling to find a tactful way to ask, "Have you lost your mind?!" King says, "people can take umbrage with that defense:" No kidding; THIS person did. Loudly. Often. At length. Carrolls Seahawks refined the '70s Raiders "art" of incredibly DIRTY play into a science. My personal "favorite" were the stories about how they run practices with their scout-team WRs wearing pads over all the legal-to-hit areas so the "Legion of Dope" gets organ-liquifying LEGAL hits down to an automatic unconscious reflex. Too bad all the OTHER teams WRs don't get to go out covered in body armor to face that crap on Sundays.

They're thugs; make Talib look like a boy scout. Not because he's any cleaner, but because their thuggery's not mere lack of discipline: It's the PRODUCT of discipline. Our D's coached to hop on turnovers; theirs is coached to slam a shoulder into the back of a guys head when the refs aren't looking. PROFESSIONAL thugs.

Simple Jaded
09-06-2016, 10:44 PM
You are such a Polyanna, Joel, some might confuse cries of "thug" with being racist but it's just plain old limp wristed idealism.

Joel
09-07-2016, 12:05 AM
You are such a Polyanna, Joel, some might confuse cries of "thug" with being racist but it's just plain old limp wristed idealism.
*shrugs* If a guy's gonna take a swing at someone, he should at least have the balls to do it to the other guys FACE, not wait till his back is turned and sucker punch (which seems pretty "limp-wristed" to me.) But you're right on with the rest; calling Romanowski a thug (and God knows he was) doesn't make me racist against Polish/Russian/Jewish/wtf he is people: It just means I'm not "character blind."

Davii
09-07-2016, 09:33 AM
This would imply that someone actually rates me highly in the first place. Who is this mystery person? :lol:

Harambe?

Simple Jaded
09-07-2016, 11:45 PM
Character.

Fap fap fap fap fap fap fap.