PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Roby fined 24K for hit vs. LA Rams

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2016, 04:25 PM
DENVER -- The games don't count, but the plays do. Broncos Bradley Roby delivered a smashing hit on Los Angeles Rams receiver Duke Williams in the third preseason game then took one in his wallet Friday.

The NFL docked Roby $24,309 (the newly established minimum for his infraction in the schedule of fines) for striking the defenseless Williams. Cornerback Aqib Talib, however, avoided punishment for his hit on Rams quarterback Case Keenum. Talib was called for a personal foul, but teammates defended his play afterward.

Roby's strike showed the difficult nature of playing defensive back. Williams ran into Roby's path as the pass was headed toward him. Williams dropped the ball, changing his pad level as Roby rammed into him.

The Broncos were fined nine times for hits last season that league deemed cross the line.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/broncos-roby-fined-24k-for-hit-vs-la-rams

Slick
09-02-2016, 04:49 PM
But they didn't Fine Talib? Oh my! Egg on some faces around here.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-02-2016, 06:50 PM

It's not easy being right so often.

TXBRONC
09-03-2016, 08:52 AM

I thought he would be. The quarterback was still in bounds but he it looked like he had clearly given himself up.

TXBRONC
09-03-2016, 08:53 AM
It's not easy being right so often.

Wave approves of this post.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-03-2016, 03:48 PM
Wave approves of this post.

Zing! :laugh:

Poet
09-03-2016, 05:10 PM
I love Talib.