PDA

View Full Version : Programming notes: Worth the Wait and America's Game on NFL Network

VonDoom
09-01-2016, 03:42 PM
Before we officially kick off the 2016 season, let's take one more victory lap for our 2015 Super Bowl champions. NFL Network is getting in on the act with an entire night devoted to us on Wednesday, September 7, the night before the first game of the new season. We mentioned these briefly in other threads (h/t to Mo for alerting me to Worth the Wait) but here is the official release from the NFL - Worth the Wait at 8:00 ET, America's Game at 9:00 ET and just for fun, Top 10 Peyton Manning games at 10:00:

At 8:00 PM ET, Worth the Wait: Gary Kubiak and the 2015 Denver Broncos airs, providing a behind-the-scenes look at some of the biggest moments and decisions that led to the Broncos' win in Super Bowl 50. Building off of the success of last year's Do Your Job: Bill Belichick and the 2014 Patriots, Worth the Wait features sitdown interviews with Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak, defensive coordinator Wade Phillips, Executive Vice President of Football Operations/General Manager John Elway and the entire Broncos coaching staff.

Narrated by Broncos fan and renowned actor Tim Allen, the hour-long show provides an inside look at the Broncos' journey to the franchise's third Super Bowl title. Featured on Worth the Wait is previously unseen wired sound and footage of Kubiak, quarterbacks/passing game coordinator Greg Knapp and quarterback Peyton Manning discussing Manning's removal during the Week 10 game against the Kansas City Chiefs and his return during the Week 17 game against the San Diego Chargers; Broncos coaches providing insight on such plays as the winning touchdown run in overtime against the New England Patriots in Week 12; and a look at one of the greatest defenses in NFL history as told by the coaching staff.

At 9:00 PM ET, America's Game: 2015 Broncos premieres, featuring in-depth interviews with Peyton Manning, Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware telling the story of the 2015 Super Bowl champion Denver Broncos.

Narrated by the co-creator of South Park, co-writer/co-director of the Tony Award-winning musical The Book of Mormon and Broncos fan, Trey Parker, America's Game delves deep into the Broncos' championship season. In the hour-long show, Manning, Miller and Ware recount the season in their own words. Featured on the show are wired sound of all three players and video footage of a private Manning throwing session while he was sidelined with an injury.

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/NFL-Network-Celebrates-Super-Bowl-Champion-Denver-Broncos-Wednesday,-September-7.aspx

Slick
09-01-2016, 04:09 PM
Guess I'll turn on my TV for that one. Thanks for posting.

Bronco4ever
09-01-2016, 05:22 PM
Narrated by Trey Parker? Hell yeah!

VonDoom
09-05-2016, 07:24 AM
Peter King today on Worth the Wait:

There is some terrific real football in here. Kubiak, offensive coordinator Rick Dennison and tight ends coach Brian Pariani had been in Baltimore the previous year, when the Ravens went to New England for a playoff game. In that game, the Ravens called a play from the Patriots’ 11-yard line for tight end Owen Daniels to run up the seam against New England’s physical linebacker, Dont’a Hightower. Daniels was a physical match for Hightower, and he won the ball in the end zone for a touchdown. So in the Denver-New England AFC Championship Game, exactly 53 weeks later, with the core of the 2014 Ravens offensive staff in Denver now, the Broncos lined up at the New England 21 early in a scoreless game.

Amazing, the similarities, this time two time zones away.

Daniels and Kubiak and Dennison and Pariani in Denver now. Daniels on Hightower—again. This time, Daniels flexed into motion across the formation. “They do a great job in beating people up at the line of scrimmage,” Kubiak said in the show. “This time we moved Owen across the ball, to keep him from getting beat up.”

Just then, NFL Films captured Belichick on the New England sideline, from a moment he had previously with the linebackers: “81’s their go-to guy in the red area, okay?”

So Daniels moved away from Hightower, at the left of the formation, to the right, in a gap between Jamie Collins and Rob Ninkovich. As Daniels left the line and ran straight upfield, dissecting Collins and Ninkovich, neither followed him. Mistake in coverage, obviously. With Hightower nowhere in sight, Manning hit an open Daniels for the first points in the narrow win that sent the Broncos to the Super Bowl. Great storyline, and great camera work, on a play that was crucial to Denver winning a world championship.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/09/04/sam-bradford-trade-minnesota-vikings-philadelphia-eagles-nfl

GEM
09-07-2016, 08:01 PM
I am crying right now! ! Worth the wait was so freaking great!

Dapper Dan
09-07-2016, 08:41 PM

**** yeah. I'm so hype!

BroncoWave
09-07-2016, 08:45 PM
I don't have cable, so hopefully it's posted online somewhere soon.

Dapper Dan
09-07-2016, 08:48 PM
I don't have cable, so hopefully it's posted online somewhere soon.

Damn it. I would have given you my sling info so you could watch, if it works like that.

BroncoWave
09-07-2016, 08:51 PM
Damn it. I would have given you my sling info so you could watch, if it works like that.

I'm sure it will be somewhere online soon. Thank you though!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-07-2016, 09:14 PM

You can it watch it on 2 devices at once, so it probably would.

GEM
09-07-2016, 09:15 PM
Ugh! !! Crying again! America's game was just as great. DeMarcus Ware explaining walking into the locker room after winning and seeing the trophy in front of his locker. ...oh man, all the feels! !!

Dapper Dan
09-07-2016, 09:16 PM
You can it watch it on 2 devices at once, so it probably would.

I thought it was 3 devices but wasn't sure if they would pick up such a different area.

Dapper Dan
09-07-2016, 09:17 PM
Ugh! !! Crying again! America's game was just as great. DeMarcus Ware explaining walking into the locker room after winning and seeing the trophy in front of his locker. ...oh man, all the feels! !!

He's so dramatic when he speaks. He pumps me up.

GEM
09-07-2016, 09:19 PM
He's so dramatic when he speaks. He pumps me up.

Right! He's a man that makes you listen! Von and Peyton we're great, DeMarcus was powerful.

Dapper Dan
09-07-2016, 09:20 PM
Right! He's a man that makes you listen! Von and Peyton we're great, DeMarcus was powerful.

I feel like Ware was the Peyton of the defense. The team wanted to win for them.

GEM
09-07-2016, 09:32 PM
I hadn't noticed this in the game vs. Patriots, before the 2 pt conversion, Ware was totally gassed. Wade wanted him in to play the last play of the game and called a timeout to give him a minute to rest. He's so highly respected. I think he had been instrumental to the last couple years success. He's a force.

VonDoom
09-07-2016, 09:42 PM
Most interesting revelation from America's Game was that Von thought he injured his ACL when he hyper extended his knee on that pass break up in the Super Bowl. Obviously he was fine and made that second strip sack but man, I had no idea that happened and I thought we knew everything about that game.

Dapper Dan
09-07-2016, 09:52 PM
I hadn't noticed this in the game vs. Patriots, before the 2 pt conversion, Ware was totally gassed. Wade wanted him in to play the last play of the game and called a timeout to give him a minute to rest. He's so highly respected. I think he had been instrumental to the last couple years success. He's a force.

I remember seeing something about that a while back. I can't remember where though. It gave NE time to plan. I probably yelled at the TV about it. But it gave our #1 defense time to get ready. It shows so much balls. You guys rest up. We will rest up. And we will stick kick your ass. ****, I love Kubiak, Wade, this whole staff, and that whole team.

Dapper Dan
09-07-2016, 09:53 PM
Most interesting revelation from America's Game was that Von thought he injured his ACL when he hyper extended his knee on that pass break up in the Super Bowl. Obviously he was fine and made that second strip sack but man, I had no idea that happened and I thought we knew everything about that game.

I just noticed that. He said what it felt like in his right leg when he tore his ACL, it just felt like that like that in his left leg. Scary situation. We needed him. I'm so glad that wasn't the case.

Dapper Dan
09-07-2016, 09:55 PM
I'm watching PFM best games. I really enjoyed the Bucs game where Keyshawn was talking shit and then got beat. Is that clown even on TV anymore?

GEM
09-07-2016, 10:07 PM
Isn't he on nfl gameday or something?

Dapper Dan
09-07-2016, 10:08 PM
Isn't he on nfl gameday or something?

I can't remember where he is. I thought he was wherever TJ was. Because TJ was the only good person on the panel. I have TV for the first time since like February or March.

NightTrainLayne
09-07-2016, 11:46 PM
I loved DeMarcus talking about his fumble recovery against the Steelers in the Divisional Round.

He mis-read the play as a bootleg pass, and rushed straight upfield, opening a running lane. As he realized that he screwed the pooch, he goes to chase the play, and, "there's the football" lying there in front of him.

Love it.

Timmy!
09-08-2016, 03:11 AM
That was good stuff.

Tned
09-08-2016, 07:17 AM

Well, that's good to know. Pretty sure it taped on my DVR last night. That and the SB was coming on after it, I think. I'll try and watch it this weekend.

GEM
09-08-2016, 07:21 AM
Well, that's good to know. Pretty sure it taped on my DVR last night. That and the SB was coming on after it, I think. I'll try and watch it this weekend.

It's replaying Friday night and Saturday during the day. Already looked it up so I can watch it again! :lol:

tomjonesrocks
09-08-2016, 07:49 AM
Both Worth The Wait and America's Game were very good.

Especially enjoyed Ware's and Manning's comments in the latter but man it seemed like America's Game could have easily been 2 hours. 35 min after commercials was way too short.

VonDoom
09-08-2016, 07:59 AM
I loved DeMarcus talking about his fumble recovery against the Steelers in the Divisional Round.

He mis-read the play as a bootleg pass, and rushed straight upfield, opening a running lane. As he realized that he screwed the pooch, he goes to chase the play, and, "there's the football" lying there in front of him.

Love it.

Yeah, this was one of my favorite moments from the show. I love getting the inside scoop on what they were thinking at any given time. He knew he had made a mistake on the play ... but then it all worked out and he was where he needed to be to recover the fumble. As always, it shows how close any given game is to going the other way.

BroncoJoe
09-08-2016, 09:23 AM
Both shows were excellent. Manning's top 10 games was good, but no where near the other two.

EastCoastBronco
09-08-2016, 09:45 AM
I've got them recorded.
Going to watch them before the game.

Bronco4ever
09-08-2016, 09:53 AM

Love it.

He basically landed on the Lombardi trophy. Thanks for misreading the play Demarcus! :D

Dapper Dan
09-08-2016, 10:13 AM
Worth the wait at 2pm and America's game at 3pm today. (Eastern)

NightTrainLayne
09-08-2016, 10:48 AM
Yeah, this was one of my favorite moments from the show. I love getting the inside scoop on what they were thinking at any given time. He knew he had made a mistake on the play ... but then it all worked out and he was where he needed to be to recover the fumble. As always, it shows how close any given game is to going the other way.

Along those same lines.

I started re-watching the entire SuperBowl 50 after Wave posted the Youtube link the other night.

Ron Rivera made some colossal coaching errors in that game that gave us several big advantages. The biggest was his clock management at the end of the first half. Terrible. Allowed us to keep our margin going into halftime, and not allow the Panthers to build any momentum.

His decision to use their second (and last) challenge on the play where Manning was touched down for a sack, but the play was allowed to go on (net 7 yards gain for the Panthers) was really dumb. It didn't really come back to haunt them, but that was a silly reactionary decision that could have cost them big.

It made me really appreciate Elway firing Fox and bringing in Kubiak. Anyone think we win the SuperBowl last year with John (isn't winning the Division good enough) Fox at the helm? Certainly not me.

BroncoWave
09-18-2016, 01:49 AM
Finally found both of these online and was able to watch them. Man those were good. That got me so hype.

Joel
09-18-2016, 02:06 AM
Finally found both of these online and was able to watch them. Man those were good. That got me so hype.
*buzz. Hype is when buzz becomes BS.

Dapper Dan
09-18-2016, 08:44 AM
Joel ain't hype.