PDA

View Full Version : Always an Underdog -- Feature on Chris Harris, Jr., in Oklahoma Magazine

NightTrainLayne
09-01-2016, 02:44 PM
Nice piece:

http://www.okmag.com/blog/2016/08/31/always-an-underdog/

In a league where the last player selected in the draft is called Mr. Irrelevant, undrafted free agents are considered long shots to even make an NFL team. They certainly aren’t expected to make it to two Pro Bowls, be named second-team All Pro and win a Super Bowl as a key player on one of the most dominant defenses in league history.

underrated29
09-01-2016, 04:10 PM
excellent

Bronco4ever
09-01-2016, 04:56 PM
We would win the Super Bowl every year if everyone on the roster had Chris Harris Jr.'s mentality. The guy is just a natural born competitor. I'm also to the point where any penalty I see against him I automatically think is bogus.

Joel
09-04-2016, 06:37 AM
We would win the Super Bowl every year if everyone on the roster had Chris Harris Jr.'s mentality. The guy is just a natural born competitor. I'm also to the point where any penalty I see against him I automatically think is bogus.
Heh, I know that feeling well. He's a (relatively) slower Champ: Savvy, technically flawless, and a ferocious tackler who unselfishly dives into runs at the line as fearlessly as passes downfield. He doesn't get a lot of highlight reel Ints, because he's not about making a name for himself. He just goes out and shuts down the best WRs all day, every week, year after year, whether in the slot or on the edge.

When a certain other CB prompted me to review independent professional rankings, it was gratifying to see EVERYONE (except Bucky Brooks) has Chris Harris in their top five. He's been my favorite Bronco since around his second season, and it's been a blast watching him get better and better each and every year; at this point, I'm not sure how much better ANYONE could get.

I have a pet theory that there's a kind of "elite CB pedigree" running from Darrell "the Ageless Wonder" Green through his teammate Champ Bailey to HIS teammate Chris Harris, so I'm hopeful Harris passes along some of that HoF excellence to our up and coming CBs.

Simple Jaded
09-04-2016, 02:55 PM
But Harris isn't a speed demon so his days are numbered, better start replacing him. Thankfully Kayvon Webster showed so much promise 3 years ago.

Joel
09-04-2016, 11:29 PM
But Harris isn't a speed demon so his days are numbered, better start replacing him. Thankfully Kayvon Webster showed so much promise 3 years ago.
Harris is (barely) 27. By the 2020 playoffs (i.e. when he's the same age Talib is Opening Day) he could be declining, yeah. And yeah, thankfully Roby and Webster are (respectively) 24 and 25, not turning 31 about the same time as SB LI. As John Adams said, "Facts are stubborn things."

Simple Jaded
09-05-2016, 02:16 AM
Might as well start replacing Harris now though, because speed, ya know.

Valar Morghulis
09-05-2016, 02:41 AM
Might as well start replacing Harris now though, because speed, ya know.

It's already too late, move him to safety already

Simple Jaded
09-05-2016, 02:49 AM
It's already too late, move him to safety already

Poor kid, cut down in his prime because of speed he never had.