PDA

View Full Version : Al Grohl needs to go

Northman
09-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Up by 17 at the half and then fold like a paper tent down the stretch? The Cavs lack real leadership and direction. Will the big wigs at UVA please make a change at Coach. North Carolina went and got a guy who was a winner and look where they are headed. Quit taking average joes who cannot recruit worth a damn and are way too predictable with their playcalling. :tsk:

Cavs lose to Southern Miss 37-34 and are now 0-3 going to UNC next week. :mad:

Skinny
09-26-2009, 11:39 AM
I've got the Virginia/UNC game next week via Ryacom. Should i cheeer for him?

Northman
09-26-2009, 12:51 PM
I've got the Virginia/UNC game next week via Ryacom. Should i cheeer for him?

Cheer all you want, i could use the extra help but i dont think it will do any good. :lol:

Overtime
09-29-2009, 11:29 PM
as if anyone cared about Virginia........:rolleyes:

Northman
09-30-2009, 04:47 AM
You care obviously as you posted in this thread. lol

Overtime
10-05-2009, 05:05 PM
maybe Virginia should just focus on basketball and get rid of football altogether :noidea:

Northman
10-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Why? Their basketball program is worse than their football one. Do you even pay attention to sports? lmao

Overtime
10-06-2009, 12:48 AM
yeah, just not Virginia sports lol.

I remember when Al Groh was with the Jets...i think Herm Edwards mighta been a notch better than him. (i can't believe I just said that).

Northman
11-30-2009, 11:27 PM
Thank god the nightmare is over.....for now. I hope UVA finally sacks up and gets someone in here who can at least be competitive.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-now-al-groh-gone-at-virginia-1129,0,5061460.story

Overtime
12-01-2009, 12:11 AM
Thank god the nightmare is over.....for now. I hope UVA finally sacks up and gets someone in here who can at least be competitive.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-now-al-groh-gone-at-virginia-1129,0,5061460.story

I know how ya feel man...felt the same way about Charlie Brown Weis @ Notre Dame.

3 years of straight mediocre misery.

Skinny
12-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Mike London Named Head Coach At Virginia

Written by College Football Insiders
Monday, 07 December 2009

CHARLOTTESVILLE—Mike London, the head football coach at the University of Richmond for the last two years, is the new head football coach at the University of Virginia, UVa Athletics Director Craig Littlepage announced today. London will be returning to head up a Cavalier program where he twice previously served stints as an assistant coach. He becomes the 39th coach in the program’s history.

Nomad
12-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Mike London Named Head Coach At Virginia

Written by College Football Insiders
Monday, 07 December 2009

CHARLOTTESVILLE—Mike London, the head football coach at the University of Richmond for the last two years, is the new head football coach at the University of Virginia, UVa Athletics Director Craig Littlepage announced today. London will be returning to head up a Cavalier program where he twice previously served stints as an assistant coach. He becomes the 39th coach in the program’s history.

Tony Dungy is a very happy camper!!

Northman
12-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the info Nomad although im not sure how i feel about it yet. Truthfully i dont know much about London but i really wanted to try and get someone who has done a little more in the college ranks. Never the less, congrats to London and lets see what he can do.

Northman
12-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Just did a Wiki search on him. He was there at UVA as the DC while Long was there so that is promising. He also was at Richmond while Sidbury was there so hopefully he has an eye for defensive talent but hopefully it also translates to better recruits overall which was Grohls major weakness.

Nomad
12-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the info Nomad although im not sure how i feel about it yet. Truthfully i dont know much about London but i really wanted to try and get someone who has done a little more in the college ranks. Never the less, congrats to London and lets see what he can do.

Well, Skinny relayed the message and I just made a some what snide comment because Tony Dungy was on last night advocating for more black college coaches! Anywoo, Hope he does well for your Cavs!!

Northman
12-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Well, Skinny relayed the message and I just made a some what snide comment because Tony Dungy was on last night advocating for more black college coaches! Anywoo, Hope he does well for your Cavs!!

Thanks, and thanks goes out too Skinny as well. :beer:

Ottokar Prohaska
12-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Hope he does well. I had no real bone to pick with Groh. UVA cannot be a real contender without lowering academic standards and Groh had a great run with grooming talent - lots of successful NFL players out of an also ran program. High graduation rate as well.
I do get tired of the minority coach complaint though.

Dreadnought
12-08-2009, 01:37 PM
Hope he does well. I had no real bone to pick with Groh. UVA cannot be a real contender without lowering academic standards and Groh had a great run with grooming talent - lots of successful NFL players out of an also ran program. High graduation rate as well.
I do get tired of the minority coach complaint though.

UVA needs to recruit more thugs, goons, and criminals. Sub-normal intellect should be no barrier. You guys should aspire to be the Miami Hurricanes of the ACC

slim
12-08-2009, 01:46 PM
I know how ya feel man...felt the same way about Charlie Brown Weis @ Notre Dame.

3 years of straight mediocre misery.

ND sucks. Maybe they should just give up football all together.

claymore
12-08-2009, 01:48 PM
ND sucks. Maybe they should just give up football all together.

Yeah, what talented player wants to sign up for a hard school with no puss. They need to get rid of that football program. It will never be good again.

slim
12-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Yeah, what talented player wants to sign up for a hard school with no puss. They need to get rid of that football program. It will never be good again.

Homosexuals, I guess :noidea:

claymore
12-08-2009, 01:51 PM

And we enter the era of Brady Quinn......... Waaaaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......

slim
12-08-2009, 01:52 PM
And we enter the era of Brady Quinn......... Waaaaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......

Tom Brady wanted to go to ND, but he was too stupid to get in.

Dreadnought
12-08-2009, 01:52 PM

Where did you guys get the idea that the Notre Dame football program had any special appeal to homosexuals? That seems a trifle unfair.

slim
12-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Where did you guys get the idea that the Notre Dame football program had any special appeal to homosexuals? That seems a trifle unfair.

ND does not have coed dorms, dread.

Think about it :shocked:

claymore
12-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Haaaaaaaaaaayyyyy Sillllllly!!!!
http://206forthetwenties.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/grabbybradyquinn1.jpg

Northman
12-08-2009, 04:13 PM
UVA needs to recruit more thugs, goons, and criminals. Sub-normal intellect should be no barrier. You guys should aspire to be the Miami Hurricanes of the ACC

Nah, they dont need to get that bad nor do i think they should lower their academic standards as im pretty proud that they dont tolerate those kinds of guys. But, the reality is there are some good players out there that are good citizens on top of athletic ability. But, Groh was just never good at recruiting and was getting subpar talent to come in to begin with. Despite Welsh's issues he was still able to get some pretty talented players into the program. But its time UVA caught up with the rest of the ACC in terms of recruiting. I mean, even Duke, UNC, and Wake have high academic standards and seem to recruit better. Lets hope London knows what he is doing.

Dreadnought
12-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Nah, they dont need to get that bad nor do i think they should lower their academic standards as im pretty proud that they dont tolerate those kinds of guys. But, the reality is there are some good players out there that are good citizens on top of athletic ability. But, Groh was just never good at recruiting and was getting subpar talent to come in to begin with. Despite Welsh's issues he was still able to get some pretty talented players into the program. But its time UVA caught up with the rest of the ACC in terms of recruiting. I mean, even Duke, UNC, and Wake have high academic standards and seem to recruit better. Lets hope London knows what he is doing.

Maybe UVA needs to pattern themselves after the Va. Tech Hokies? It might help to follow Blacksburg's lead and example in this process.

claymore
12-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Haaaaaaaaaaayyyyy Sillllllly!!!!
http://206forthetwenties.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/grabbybradyquinn1.jpg

I think the guy in the middle was tricked. I dont believe he really wanted to be doing that.

Northman
12-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Maybe UVA needs to pattern themselves after the Va. Tech Hokies? It might help to follow Blacksburg's lead and example in this process.

Dont i wish. Although im not sure you can really rank the Vick brothers as being non-thug. lol

Never the less, Beamer is an outstanding coach.

Dreadnought
12-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Dont i wish. Although im not sure you can really rank the Vick brothers as being non-thug. lol

Never the less, Beamer is an outstanding coach.

Vick bros.? Thugs? No friggin way!