PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning drops Tom Brady 'Deflategate' joke during Rob Lowe's roast

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2016, 09:21 PM
Peyton Manning may be done playing football for a living, but that doesn't mean he's done making his opponents look foolish.

At the Comedy Central Roast of Rob Lowe on Saturday night, Manning was one of the special guests who not only made an appearance, but was also on the panel of celebrities who used the platform to roast one another, and anyone who fell within their crosshairs.

During his time on the mic, Manning rekindled the flame of an old rivalry -- the one between him and legendary New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady -- dropping a one-liner referencing Deflategate in the middle of a joke directed towards the guest of honor, Rob Lowe.

rest - plus video - Peyton's one-liner - http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/peyton-manning-drops-tom-brady-deflategate-joke-during-rob-lowe-s-roast-082916

Simple Jaded
08-29-2016, 11:06 PM
I'm sure Shady was somewhere else, anyway, probably getting a Mani/pedi and Botox.

Joel
08-30-2016, 12:54 AM
Ironic; the very last thing I read before this thread was FB rants about someone inadvertently becoming Lowes "co-roastee." Specifically, I got as far as Mannings joke that "I'm not the only athlete up here; [redacted] won the Kentucky Derby." Maybe Brady and that other person can cry on each others shoulders at the next rally they attend together. Meanwhile, it's comforting to know retirement has, if anything, only made Manning MORE awesome.