PDA

View Full Version : DEKODA WATSON and the RUSH at the PASS

WARHORSE
08-28-2016, 02:04 PM
Sounds like a western.

Where did this guy come from? I realized that he made some splash plays the last couple of weeks and figured he was a rookie we were happy to

find. So I was shocked to see he was a seven year vet because this guy passes the eye test. Hes got real pop coming off the edge and those

sacks hes putting together are the real deal. Im wondering if Tampa Bay, New England, Dallas and Jacksonville ever attempted to let him rush the

passer cause this guy can get it. Or is it that Bill Kollar is the only guy that knew how to coach him up or know what he was?

I was giddy watching him again last night because Watson looked alot like Von. Hes not Von of course.....but dang he looks good.

Anyway....this pass rush is the best Ive ever seen in the NFL.

Von Miller
Demarcus Ware
Shane Ray
Shaquille Barrett
Dakoda Watson
Vontarrius Dora

Dora looks like he could be a Derek Wolfe type with some work.

Elway has stolen the show.

Jasin
08-28-2016, 02:56 PM
I kinda remember him at FSU & with Tampa & Jax he played more 4-3 WILL like Travethan under Del Rio, he actually reminded me of Ian Gold when he was at FSU

dogfish
08-28-2016, 03:03 PM
don't think dora makes the team, but this watson guy looks legit. . . he is the new brandon marshall. . .

OrangeHoof
08-28-2016, 06:13 PM
We have an embarrassment of riches at the position that is almost scary - could we please trade one for an OL that's worth a damn?

BTW, on Watson's last sack, did anyone else besides me expect a flag for a horse collar tackle? Grabbed him by the back of the neck and slung him down. The only thing missing was using his weight to drag down the runner the way a classic horse collar is done. Your thoughts?

TXBRONC
08-28-2016, 07:47 PM
We have an embarrassment of riches at the position that is almost scary - could we please trade one for an OL that's worth a damn?

BTW, on Watson's last sack, did anyone else besides me expect a flag for a horse collar tackle? Grabbed him by the back of the neck and slung him down. The only thing missing was using his weight to drag down the runner the way a classic horse collar is done. Your thoughts?

I wasn't expecting a flag on Watson's second sack because he didn't get his hand inside the quarterback's shoulder pads.

Simple Jaded
08-28-2016, 08:25 PM
Dora runs a 5.11 forty with just average quickness of the snap, once he gets in front of 1st string T's he will be invisible.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-28-2016, 11:06 PM
Dora runs a 5.11 forty with just average quickness of the snap, once he gets in front of 1st string T's he will be invisible.

#hammer

WARHORSE
08-29-2016, 11:47 AM

True, hes slow. I was watching him and he couldnt keep containment on a run play to his side. He'll be situational if they hold on to him. DT may be
his ultimate but he has to get stronger. He sheds well and can use his hands. Inside run stuffer with some rush ability.

Simple Jaded
08-29-2016, 01:35 PM
True, hes slow. I was watching him and he couldnt keep containment on a run play to his side. He'll be situational if they hold on to him. DT may be
his ultimate but he has to get stronger. He sheds well and can use his hands. Inside run stuffer with some rush ability.

A better DL prospect, me thinks.

TXBRONC
08-29-2016, 07:34 PM

He runs a 4.85 forty my friend.

dogfish
08-29-2016, 07:39 PM
He runs a 4.85 forty my friend.

yea, but what's his three cone?

:D

TXBRONC
08-29-2016, 07:55 PM
yea, but what's his three cone?

:D

Pfft, he don't need no stinking three cone. :tsk:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-29-2016, 08:29 PM
A better DL prospect, me thinks.

Are you suggesting he's a NT trapped in a SAM's body?

Simple Jaded
08-29-2016, 11:11 PM
Are you suggesting he's a NT trapped in a SAM's body?

Maybe a DE trapped in a SAM's body, a slow DE.

Simple Jaded
08-29-2016, 11:14 PM
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=91890

Fwiw, either way, 4.85 is slow for an OLB. Wolfe and Gotsis are faster than that.

Simple Jaded
08-29-2016, 11:18 PM
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=66904

Here's a legit NFL OLB for comparison.