PDA

View Full Version : Official camp cuts / "bring 'em in" / 53 man roster thread

Pages : [1] 2

VonDoom
08-28-2016, 12:25 PM
Cuts are happening throughout the league in the next few days. Let's use this thread to talk about our own harsh cuts, anyone we might want to bring in from another team's cuts, etc.

Cameron Wolfe has been talking about this a lot on Twitter today:

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 56m56 minutes ago

Jordan Taylor played the 3rd most WR snaps last night. Also played nearly half of the ST snaps. He's trying to force the #Broncos to keep 6.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 1h1 hour ago

#Broncos RB battle: Ronnie Hillman had a good rushing game last night, but didn't play ST. Kapri Bibbs played 72% of ST snaps, most on team.

Competition at back end of DL if #Broncos keep 7: Billy Winn played 28 defensive snaps last night. Kyle Peko only played 4.

#Broncos that didn't play Sat. (not injured): Colquitt, Sanchez, Antonio Glover, John Tidwell, Frank Shannon, Darnell Sankey, Mathu Gibson.

More: Lars Koht, Manasseh Garner. Colquitt/Sanchez are on bubble, but are more $$ issues. Other 7 guys may be in danger for 75-man cut.

Actually, these guys either did not play or were limited to a couple of special teams snaps. Can add B.J. Lowery to that list, too.

-----------------------------------

My guesses based on last night are that Hillman makes it over Bibbs (I didn't think I'd say that a week ago), Winn over Peko (also a surprise, but snaps don't lie), Colquitt either takes a pay cut (he was apparently asked to take one) or is gone.

VonDoom
08-28-2016, 12:26 PM
Also, I read that Janovich got hurt last night, but they're not sure if it's a big deal yet. I could see Juwan Thompson sticking if Janovich is out for a while, but otherwise I think Thompson is gone.

BroncoWave
08-28-2016, 04:03 PM
Kils is reporting that the Broncos are trying to shop Colquitt. I can't imagine anyone would actually trade anything for a punter who makes what he does. It's worth a shot though, I guess.

VonDoom
08-28-2016, 04:22 PM
Kils is reporting that the Broncos are trying to shop Colquitt. I can't imagine anyone would actually trade anything for a punter who makes what he does. It's worth a shot though, I guess.

I just saw that. I doubt anyone bites. They might have better luck shopping Sanchez.

Tned
08-28-2016, 05:00 PM
I just saw that. I doubt anyone bites. They might have better luck shopping Sanchez.

Agreed that they should be trying to trad Sanchez. Someone might bite for a late round pick. The problem is that team or the Broncos, might then be on the hook for two draft picks. One to us and one to Eagles. I'm not sure what happens in that case, when the conditional pick was based on him being on the Broncos roster and then became a 6th based on playing time. If he's traded from the Broncos, rather than cut, does that obligation get passed with the contract? I have no clue.

Simple Jaded
08-28-2016, 06:35 PM
Deiontrez Mount, Akil Blount and Jarvis Harrison.

Akil Blount, get a load of this ******, he's Mel Blount's son and a wicked athlete. 6-3/245, runs 4.6's, 30 reps, 40" vert and 9'10" broad. He'll be on someone's PS.

VonDoom
08-28-2016, 09:54 PM
Agreed that they should be trying to trad Sanchez. Someone might bite for a late round pick. The problem is that team or the Broncos, might then be on the hook for two draft picks. One to us and one to Eagles. I'm not sure what happens in that case, when the conditional pick was based on him being on the Broncos roster and then became a 6th based on playing time. If he's traded from the Broncos, rather than cut, does that obligation get passed with the contract? I have no clue.

Interesting question. I'm not sure either, though my gut says that the Eagles pick would not be in play in a trade scenario. I think it was conditional only in that Sanchez had to be on the Bronco roster and that it would void if he wasn't, no matter how it happened. I truly don't know, though.

VonDoom
08-29-2016, 09:12 AM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2h2 hours ago

Patriots released DT Terrance Knighton, per his Twitter feed.

VonDoom
08-29-2016, 10:48 AM
He still any good? His name always floated around when we talked about the o-line:

According to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, the Lions are cutting veteran guard Geoff Schwartz today.

The former Giants, Chiefs, Vikings and Panthers guard has battled injuries in the past, but he’s healthy now and ought to find work soon

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/29/lions-cutting-veteran-guard-geoff-schwartz/

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2016, 11:48 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 16m

Broncos cut LB Frank Shannon. #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 36m

Broncos released OL Mathu Gibson. #9sports

VonDoom
08-29-2016, 12:17 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 3m3 minutes ago

#Broncos release 11 players. No surprises yet.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 2m2 minutes ago

List: Brandian Ross, Frank Shannon, Mathu Gibson, Manasseh Garner, Cameron Jefferson, Antonio Glover, DeVier Posey, Durron Neal, David Moala

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 1m1 minute ago

Also released: Darnell Sankey, Calvin Heurtelou. Roster down to 79. Need 4 more cuts by Tuesday at 2 p.m.

VonDoom
08-29-2016, 12:20 PM

DeVier Posey and Durron Neal both flashed as receivers, but depth too strong. Brandian Ross was vet safety but rookies Simmons/Parks strong

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

Mark Sanchez was not cut..Four more to go to get to 75 by Tuesday. Could stay w salary cut. But future clearly uncertain w #Broncos #Denver7

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2016, 12:51 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Broncos began the painful process of paring their roster Monday morning, waiving 10 players and releasing five-year veteran safety Brandian Ross.

The roster now stands at 79 players. The Broncos must be down to 75 by 2 p.m. MDT on Tuesday.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-part-ways-with-11-as-75-man-deadline-nears/7a1023ab-d4db-4257-9511-54e79fa9d990

Northman
08-29-2016, 01:10 PM
S Brandon Ross, TE Manasseh Garner, S Antonio Glover, OL Mathu Gibson, DL Calvin Heurtelou, OT Cameron Jefferson, NT David Moala, WR Durron Neal, WR DeVier Posey, ILB Darnell Sankey, ILB Frank Shannon

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691151/article/nfl-roster-cuts-tracker-teams-trimming-to-75-players

Magnificent Seven
08-29-2016, 01:12 PM
I am not surprised about Mark Sanchez. I guess he is safe for now.

slim
08-29-2016, 01:15 PM
How many more do they have to cut by tomorrow?

Like 4 or 5?

Northman
Looks like Knighton got released from the Pats.

Northman

Like 4 or 5?

Not sure.

Davii

Like 4 or 5?

4 more

Simple Jaded
08-29-2016, 01:29 PM
He still any good? His name always floated around when we talked about the o-line:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/29/lions-cutting-veteran-guard-geoff-schwartz/

I think he's been picked up by Saints, but no, he's not any good. This'll be his 4th team since Joel went full retard over signing him 2 years ago.

Dapper Dan
08-29-2016, 01:29 PM
We should be down to 1 punter any time now. Rumor is that Colquitt will be traded. Vikings have been mentioned, as well as the Bears and a couple others.

BroncoWave
08-29-2016, 01:32 PM
We should be down to 1 punter any time now. Rumor is that Colquitt will be traded. Vikings have been mentioned, as well as the Bears and a couple others.

The writing was on the wall for him the second we drafted Dixon. You don't use a draft pick on a punter if you aren't planning on him making the team. That would be awesome if we actually got something back for Colquitt though. That I was not expecting.

dogfish
08-29-2016, 01:45 PM
how the f*** do you trade a punter??

if elway can pull that off, the rest of the league should just give up now. . .

VonDoom
08-29-2016, 01:48 PM
Can we combine this with the existing thread?

GEM
08-29-2016, 01:51 PM

Ask and ye shall receive. :lol:

Northman
08-29-2016, 01:51 PM

NO, but you can join your thread with mine.

Northman
08-29-2016, 01:52 PM
Ask and ye shall receive. :lol:

Dammit!

Dapper Dan
08-29-2016, 02:00 PM
The writing was on the wall for him the second we drafted Dixon. You don't use a draft pick on a punter if you aren't planning on him making the team. That would be awesome if we actually got something back for Colquitt though. That I was not expecting.

I agree, as long as we cut Sanchez. I don't want to trade Colquitt for a 7th and save about $3 million just to lose a 7th and about $4 million for Sanchez. I think I'd like to see him go to Minnesota.

VonDoom
08-29-2016, 02:01 PM
NO, but you can join your thread with mine.

Yours was getting more action - I think they just like you better than me, North.

Dapper Dan
08-29-2016, 02:01 PM

I thought it was stupid to trade for a Kicker too, but that worked out ok i guess.

VonDoom
08-29-2016, 02:02 PM

There was always the possibility that Dixon sucked. But since he seems fine, the team can either ditch Colquitt (a trade is unlikely, IMO) or ask him to take a pay cut (which they have). Either way, we win this one.

Northman
08-29-2016, 02:02 PM
Yours was getting more action - I think they just like you better than me, North.

To be honest i think its because your thread title is more involved. I totally missed it when looking for an existing thread. I simplified mine. lol

VonDoom
08-29-2016, 02:03 PM
To be honest i think its because your thread title is more involved. I totally missed it when looking for an existing thread. I simplified mine. lol

I was trying to be all encompassing - probably a mistake :D

BroncoJoe
08-29-2016, 02:04 PM
I haven't really thought Dixon has looked all that great. His punts seem to be short, and not much hang time.

Dapper Dan
08-29-2016, 02:06 PM

I concur. I assumed it was another "guess who makes the team" thread.

Dapper Dan
08-29-2016, 02:07 PM
I haven't really thought Dixon has looked all that great. His punts seem to be short, and not much hang time.

Meh. I thought McManus wasn't very good at first either. I think the Broncos even cut him and brought him back. But he improved. He was young. Dixon is young. Maybe he'll get better with time.

VonDoom
08-29-2016, 02:12 PM

They gave him every punt the other night, and I thought he looked good. I think a 45 yard average, and they seemed like they had enough hang time for the coverage to get there. Is Colquitt better? Probably. Is he $3 million better?

Dapper Dan
08-29-2016, 02:13 PM
Among the teams who could be interested in Colquitt are the Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals, Carolina Panthers and Chicago Bears.

http://www.9news.com/mb/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/broncos-shopping-punter-britton-colquitt/309805757

slim
08-29-2016, 02:20 PM
You can never have too many punters.

Dapper Dan
08-29-2016, 02:26 PM

We may need to rely on our punters with the quarterbacks we have. It'd be better to make them start inside their own 20 rather than one of our QBs turning the ball over. We can punt on first down.

NightTerror218
08-29-2016, 03:34 PM
I bet elway is on the phone with jerry jones to trade sanchez to dallas.

dogfish
08-29-2016, 03:50 PM

i would reverse this, and say you always have too many punters. . .

BigDaddyBronco
08-29-2016, 03:52 PM

You have to give them your punter and a 7th, they give you nothing.

Dapper Dan
08-29-2016, 03:53 PM
I bet elway is on the phone with jerry jones to trade sanchez to dallas.

What would we get? I believe we keep a 7th simply by cutting him. Wont we have to give that pick up if we trade him?

VonDoom
08-29-2016, 03:56 PM
Browns and Panthers just traded punters and picks, so it can be done.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2016, 04:01 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 22m22 minutes ago

Scratch #Panthers from possible suitors for Colquitt. #Broncos @DenverChannel

NFL Update
‏@MySportsUpdate

Browns trade punter Andy Lee and a 7th round pick to Carolina for Punter Kasey Redfern and a 4th round pick in 2018.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2016, 04:05 PM
Troy Renck Retweeted
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago

Raiders waived WR Max McCaffrey, son of Ed, older brother of Christian.

dogfish
08-29-2016, 04:05 PM
You have to give them your punter and a 7th, they give you nothing.

lol, pretty much. . . in all seriousness here, what exactly are we hoping to get? a conditional 7th rounder in 2019? i mean, they don't have 12th rounders anymore. . .

Dapper Dan
08-29-2016, 04:10 PM
lol, pretty much. . . in all seriousness here, what exactly are we hoping to get? a conditional 7th rounder in 2019? i mean, they don't have 12th rounders anymore. . .

It may be possible to add in a 7th and get a 4th back. Who knows.

TXBRONC
08-29-2016, 04:13 PM
I am not surprised about Mark Sanchez. I guess he is safe for now.

With four cuts to go before 2pm tomorrow I don't think he safe for now.

TXBRONC
08-29-2016, 04:16 PM

Even Belicheat hasn't been able pull that off.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2016, 04:25 PM
Ian Rapoport Verified account
‏@RapSheet

The #Seahawks are cutting CB Brandon Browner, source said. The homecoming didn't work out.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2016, 05:13 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 34s34 seconds ago

#Broncos Sanchez in limbo.. Team to talk to him about future possibilities. Cut, paycut, trade (less likely) all potential scenarios

BroncoWave
08-29-2016, 05:13 PM

Well, the Panthers traded a 4th rounder for the Browns punter today...

dogfish
08-29-2016, 05:17 PM
Well, the Panthers traded a 4th rounder for the Browns punter today...

that's crazy talk!

BroncoWave
08-29-2016, 05:19 PM
that's crazy talk!

To be fair Andy Lee is a three time pro bowler. But if he can warrant a 4th, surely Colquitt can get us a 6th or 7th.

GEM
08-29-2016, 05:23 PM
Troy Renck Retweeted
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago

Raiders waived WR Max McCaffrey, son of Ed, older brother of Christian.

:( That's what he gets for picking the damn Raiders. Kidding, of course!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2016, 05:50 PM
Raiders waive 14, place Holmes on IR; roster trimmed to 75

http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/raiders-waive-14-place-holmes-ir-roster-trimmed-75

Dapper Dan
08-29-2016, 05:52 PM
I wish I knew where Colquitt was going already so I can find out who my new team is.

VonDoom
08-29-2016, 06:09 PM
To be fair Andy Lee is a three time pro bowler. But if he can warrant a 4th, surely Colquitt can get us a 6th or 7th.

They traded their old punter and a fourth for Lee and a seventh. As I said on the previous page, anything is possible. I just don't know if Colquitt is getting us anything.

VonDoom
08-29-2016, 06:09 PM
Jane Slater ‏@SlaterNFL 12m12 minutes ago

Denver has contacted Dallas about a trade for Mark Sanchez. The Cowboys are not interested in a trade if it involves his current salary.

Dapper Dan
08-29-2016, 06:15 PM
Jane Slater ‏@SlaterNFL 12m12 minutes ago

Denver has contacted Dallas about a trade for Mark Sanchez. The Cowboys are not interested in a trade if it involves his current salary.

Cowboys playing it smart? Who's running that team?!?

Krugan
08-29-2016, 06:27 PM
As crappy as Sanchize looked, im not sure they need to flush him out.

Not sure who you are going to find that will be any better, without a training camp in our system to at least have some of the system down.

TXBRONC
08-29-2016, 06:39 PM

Not sure who you are going to find that will be any better, without a training camp in our system to at least have some of the system down.

I think Christian Ponder would be just as capable as a back up quarterback and he does have some experience with offense already.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2016, 07:11 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 21m21 minutes ago

#Broncos going through options with Sanchez.Colquitt status up in the air.Feeling remains that Colquitt less likely to take paycut this time

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 40m40 minutes ago

Troy Renck Retweeted Jane Slater

The money is problematic. .. If Sanchez is a backup, going to have to make closer to vet minimum I am sure

Troy Renck added,
Jane Slater @SlaterNFL

dogfish
08-29-2016, 10:48 PM
IMO, the most likely scenario might be that we cut him, and re-sign him to a significantly smaller salary. . . he doesn't necessarily make sense at 4.5 million or whatever, but i'm not sure we can find a vet mentor/backup who is any better-- and the way he played in pre-season, i kinda doubt anyone else is going to give him more than low end backup money. . . a year's marriage of convenience may ultimately be the best situation for both parties. . .

TXBRONC
08-29-2016, 10:58 PM
IMO, the most likely scenario might be that we cut him, and re-sign him to a significantly smaller salary. . . he doesn't necessarily make sense at 4.5 million or whatever, but i'm not sure we can find a vet mentor/backup who is any better-- and the way he played in pre-season, i kinda doubt anyone else is going to give him more than low end backup money. . . a year's marriage of convenience may ultimately be the best situation for both parties. . .

You said in another post that if Elway can trade a punter then the rest of the NFL should just give up. I thiink that's truer still with Sanchez.

Joel
08-30-2016, 01:32 AM

Certain people would probably tell you his name only floated around so much because I keep floating it. As to your question, after he left KC for the Giants he managed to break a toe, ankle and leg on separate occasions within two years, so I honestly don't know; if that was all the same leg, it could be a problem.

Interesting wrinkle: When KC acquired him as a FA, the local paper claimed he'd either compete with Stephenson for the starting RT spot or Jon Asomoah for the starting RG spot (http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article316165/Chiefs-sign-free-agent-tackle-Geoff-Schwartz.html). In the end, I believe he got some starts at both spots, some of it alongside Stephenson, so that would help our lines chemistry.

Ian Rapoport Verified account
‏@RapSheet

The #Seahawks are cutting CB Brandon Browner, source said. The homecoming didn't work out.
Shocking: Browner's NEVER made a pro team (even in Canada) without juicing, and apparently still can't. Yet he still has as many back-to-back SB Rings as Elway; really makes you proud of what the league of Thorpe, Halas and Rozelle has become, huh?

Northman
08-30-2016, 01:48 AM

Unless Sanchez takes a pay cut he wont be a Bronco as a 2nd or third stringer.

Joel
08-30-2016, 04:15 AM
Unless Sanchez takes a pay cut he wont be a Bronco as a 2nd or third stringer.
Which QB(s) on this list (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/quarterback/) are 1) as good as or better than Sanchez, 2) earning <$3.5M and 3) available? Again, if we cut Sanchez we don't get his whole (current) $4.5M back, because we'll have $1M even in dead money (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/mark-sanchez-5882/). If people genuinely think someone like Ponder could take us farther if Siemian tanks or our line lets the Panthers, Khalil Mack, Justin Houston and JJ Watt murder him in those half dozen games, fine: I disagree, but reasonable men can differ.

If it's just a question of refusing to give up essentially a top UDFA and $4.5M for someone to hold Siemian and Lynchs clipboards while the first runs the offense and the second runs the scout team, hey, I'll do it for the rookie minimum (because sometimes you have to take one for the team, right? ;)) But in that case we're probably better off spending NOTHING and rolling with only two QBs: A 2nd year 7th round starter and rookie 1st round backup.

HOWEVER, "if" both those options make you a little queasy, $4.5M for a veteran starter with multiple playoff wins waiting in the wings in case Siemian busts (or gets busted up) is probably a bargain. We're talking NFL-quality QBs in 2016: Just how much do you expect to get for how little...?

VonDoom
08-30-2016, 12:22 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 27m27 minutes ago

Packers are trading LB Lerentee McCray to the Buffalo Bills for a draft pick, per source.

-------------

Didn't we cut this guy last year? The Packers are getting a pick out of him. Too bad we couldn't.

underrated29
08-30-2016, 01:36 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 27m27 minutes ago

Packers are trading LB Lerentee McCray to the Buffalo Bills for a draft pick, per source.

-------------

Didn't we cut this guy last year? The Packers are getting a pick out of him. Too bad we couldn't.

We did not cut him. I love him. The dude can play! He signed with the pack this offseason as a FA. We never offered him a contract :(
It is too bad.

BroncoWave
08-30-2016, 02:04 PM
Seeing on Twitter that Bridgewater just went down with what looks like a serious injury. Could be a new potential Sanchez trade partner.

slim
08-30-2016, 02:05 PM
Seeing on Twitter that Bridgewater just went down with what looks like a serious injury. Could be a new potential Sanchez trade partner.

OMG, I hope so.

I need this to happen.

LawDog
08-30-2016, 02:07 PM

Elway will package Sanchez and Colquitt in exchange for a sack of cash and a late round pick. The rest of the league will be "wait, what?"

LawDog
08-30-2016, 02:11 PM
http://larrybrownsports.com/football/teddy-bridgewater-serious-knee-injury/319709

dogfish
08-30-2016, 02:27 PM
OMG, I hope so.

I need this to happen.

way to just step on the midget's dreams, asshat. . .

GEM
08-30-2016, 02:30 PM
http://larrybrownsports.com/football/teddy-bridgewater-serious-knee-injury/319709

Man, that's terrible. :(

Davii
08-30-2016, 02:39 PM
Man, that's terrible. :(

Yeah, that really sucks. Hope he turns out alright.

slim
08-30-2016, 02:55 PM

He is all worked up about the NBA for some reason. I don't think he's even paying attention to the NFL.

BroncoWave
08-30-2016, 03:00 PM
He is all worked up about the NBA for some reason. I don't think he's even paying attention to the NFL.

Mo wouldn't be Mo if he weren't worked up about something. :D

BroncoWave
08-30-2016, 03:04 PM
Colquitt has been released. Just breaking on Twitter.

VonDoom
08-30-2016, 03:05 PM

Yep. The Riley Dixon era has begun!

BroncoWave
08-30-2016, 03:06 PM
Yep. The Riley Dixon era has begun!

#DicksOutForDixon

Valar Morghulis
08-30-2016, 03:10 PM

Somebody check in with Danny make sure he is ok

VonDoom
08-30-2016, 03:11 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 37s38 seconds ago

The Broncos offered Colquitt a 3-yr deal at a reduced rate. He turned it down. Now he's out.

VonDoom
08-30-2016, 03:24 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 6m6 minutes ago

It wasn't Colquitt didn't accept pay cut. It was DEN offered 3-yr extension with $0 guar with AAV near/at bottom of veteran punters #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1m1 minute ago

Colquitt willing to take $1M cut from $3.25M. Took cut last yr from $3M to $1.6M. Rep Paul Sheehy: "We thought we were more than reasonable.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2016, 03:28 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 46s

Incredible that Mark Sanchez met press today given his situation. Say what you will about him as QB, he's 1st class all the way. #9sports

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2016, 03:30 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 31m31 minutes ago

#Broncos Sanchez "you can't be a crybaby Broncos are first class organization".He's in limbo. But acting like complete pro @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 34m34 minutes ago

#broncos Sanchez said he wants to stay in Denver

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 35m35 minutes ago

#Broncos Ronnie Hillman feels like he's made strong push every week. On bubble. I think he makes it @DenverChannel

Dapper Dan
08-30-2016, 03:34 PM

****. I've been checking Google every hour and nothing came up. **** Google. I'll use Twitter from now on.

Dapper Dan
08-30-2016, 03:35 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 6m6 minutes ago

It wasn't Colquitt didn't accept pay cut. It was DEN offered 3-yr extension with $0 guar with AAV near/at bottom of veteran punters #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1m1 minute ago

Colquitt willing to take $1M cut from $3.25M. Took cut last yr from $3M to $1.6M. Rep Paul Sheehy: "We thought we were more than reasonable.

Typical Elway.

VonDoom
Garrett Graham to IR is one of our other cuts:

INJURED RESERVE
POSITION PLAYER EXP. COLLEGE
TE Garrett Graham 7 Wisconsin
TERMINATED / VESTED VETERAN
P Britton Colquitt 8 Tennessee
WAIVED
WR Bralon Addison R Oregon
OT Kyle Roberts 1 Nevada

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago

Broncos waive WR Bralon Addison and OT Kyle Roberts. Place TE Garrett Graham (shoulder) on IR. Cut P Britton Colquitt. Roster now at 75.

BroncoWave
****. I've been checking Google every hour and nothing came up. **** Google. I'll use Twitter from now on.

Damn dude, welcome to 2016. Everything always breaks first on Twitter!

Dapper Dan
Somebody check in with Danny make sure he is ok

I'm fine. Broncos were just holding him back. I'm sure he'll get another ring with Arizona or somewhere. He won't be out there long.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2016, 03:36 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 38s

#Broncos put Graham on IR, Addison, Roberts released. #Denver7

Dapper Dan
08-30-2016, 03:37 PM
Damn dude, welcome to 2016. Everything always breaks first on Twitter!

I know. I used to check it nonstop. But I hate the "While you were away" feature. I've started using Talon though.

BroncoWave
08-30-2016, 03:37 PM
I know. I used to check it nonstop. But I hate the "While you were away" feature. I've started using Talon though.

Same. Talon is 100x better. That while you were away feature ****ing sucks. Has made the actual Twitter site almost unusable.

Dapper Dan
08-30-2016, 03:39 PM
Move over Heath Slater, there's a new hottest free agent on the market.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2016, 03:44 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 5m

Broncos complete cuts by placing TE Garrett Graham (shoulder) on IR and waiving WR/returner Bralon Addison/OT Kyle Roberts. #9sports

dogfish
08-30-2016, 03:48 PM
looks like john phillips might be making the team, unless there's a camp cut they like better. . . and i do think hillman makes it. . .

TXBRONC
08-30-2016, 04:05 PM

#asshatlivesmatter

NightTerror218
08-30-2016, 05:47 PM
looks like john phillips might be making the team, unless there's a camp cut they like better. . . and i do think hillman makes it. . .

Still a lot of cuts to come before final roster.....22 more names to add to the list. And then make a PS with some.

VonDoom
08-30-2016, 07:51 PM

Yeah, one of these guys will be our third TE, or someone who is cut soon. We need at least three and none of our choices are very inspiring. I'm beginning to think we keep four RB, and both Bibbs and Hillman make it.

dogfish
08-30-2016, 08:41 PM
Yeah, one of these guys will be our third TE, or someone who is cut soon. We need at least three and none of our choices are very inspiring. I'm beginning to think we keep four RB, and both Bibbs and Hillman make it.

i've been thinking the same thing. . . we really only have one decent TE-- not sure if they'll keep a complete scrub just to have an extra body there, when bibbs and thompson are both solid special teamers who can actually contribute something at a position as well. . . or potentially two positions in juwan's case. . .

Ziggy
08-30-2016, 08:52 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 46s

Incredible that Mark Sanchez met press today given his situation. Say what you will about him as QB, he's 1st class all the way. #9sports

He's got 5 million riding on this. Of course he's going to do and say all of the right things. At this point, I'll bet Sanchez would be willing to clean the locker room toilets to keep from getting cut.

tomjonesrocks
08-30-2016, 09:25 PM
Mike Klis &rlm;@MikeKlis 6m6 minutes ago It wasn't Colquitt didn't accept pay cut. It was DEN offered 3-yr extension with $0 guar with AAV near/at bottom of veteran punters #9sports Mike Klis &rlm;@MikeKlis 1m1 minute ago Colquitt willing to take $1M cut from $3.25M. Took cut last yr from $3M to $1.6M. Rep Paul Sheehy: "We thought we were more than reasonable.

Is it fair to ask why Denver did this deal in the first place? You give the guy a nice contract then cut him down every year?

Just wondered why they gave him the deal in the first place.

Dapper Dan
08-30-2016, 09:28 PM
Is it fair to ask why Denver did this deal in the first place? You give the guy a nice contract then cut him down every year?

Just wondered why they gave him the deal in the first place.

Man, I've been wondering the same thing for a while.

Simple Jaded
08-30-2016, 11:03 PM
The season before Colquitt got his contract he was kicking ass, I think they made him the highest paid P at the time, at that point he was one of the best. Iirc.

Simple Jaded
08-30-2016, 11:08 PM
What's this "Twitter"?

DenBronx
08-30-2016, 11:12 PM
The season before Colquitt got his contract he was kicking ass, I think they made him the highest paid P at the time, at that point he was one of the best. Iirc.

Yeah well, what happened to him since he got paid?

Simple Jaded
08-30-2016, 11:14 PM
Yeah well, what happened to him since he got paid?

He sucks.

Dapper Dan
08-31-2016, 05:45 AM
False.

Fans want a player drafted in the late rounds or undrafted to do well for shit pay. As soon as a guy is drafted high or paid well, they start to notice every mistake. It's pretty simple.

Dapper Dan
08-31-2016, 05:48 AM

He did so well that someone thought "Hey, let's give a punter over $3 million dollars a season!"? As soon as a kicker or punter gets a big contract, his days are numbered. It happens all the time.

TXBRONC
08-31-2016, 06:36 AM
He did so well that someone thought "Hey, let's give a punter over $3 million dollars a season!"? As soon as a kicker or punter gets a big contract, his days are numbered. It happens all the time.

:violin:

slim
08-31-2016, 08:09 AM
Dan, it's going to be okay. We are here for you.

Valar Morghulis
08-31-2016, 08:13 AM

If he performed at Tebow season level. He would deserve his multi million dollar contract, but he hasn't, there he doesn't

The post season great, but was to little to late.

As soon as any player fails to earn his big contract their days are numbered, regardless of position or status.

slim
08-31-2016, 08:17 AM
Dan, I am going to make you a pie.

Dapper Dan
08-31-2016, 08:19 AM
If he performed at Tebow season level. He would deserve his multi million dollar contract, but he hasn't, there he doesn't

The post season great, but was to little to late.

As soon as any player fails to earn his big contract their days are numbered, regardless of position or status.

How the hell is the post season too late to play well? That's where. You need a player to play well.

A 50 yard punt is worthless from the 50 yard line. We basically saved 1.2 million by cutting him. We've easily wasted much more than that.

Dapper Dan
08-31-2016, 08:19 AM
Dan, I am going to make you a pie.

Chocolate?

slim
08-31-2016, 08:23 AM
Chocolate?

I was thinking eel, as I have heard good things about it.

Would you prefer chocolate?

BroncoJoe
08-31-2016, 08:42 AM

I'm pretty sure Dan would prefer banana cream. If you know what I mean...

Dapper Dan
08-31-2016, 08:47 AM

Can we just scrap everything and drink bourbon?

slim
08-31-2016, 09:15 AM
Can we just scrap everything and drink bourbon?

You got it, buddy!

We will drink and remember the good times.

Valar Morghulis
08-31-2016, 09:37 AM
How the hell is the post season too late to play well? That's where. You need a player to play well. A 50 yard punt is worthless from the 50 yard line. We basically saved 1.2 million by cutting him. We've easily wasted much more than that.

You can't carry a player for three seasons at top dollar in the hope we get to the post season again and hope he suddenly starts to shine again.

Davii
08-31-2016, 10:14 AM
You can't carry a player for three seasons at top dollar in the hope we get to the post season again and hope he suddenly starts to shine again.

This is good advice Dave. I think I might have to take some actions based on this tremendous advice.

Davii
08-31-2016, 10:14 AM
Dave,

Although your performance as a message board contributor during the post-season last year was phenomenal, and significantly contributed to many of our members enjoyment of our Super Bowl victory in Super Bowl 50, we have come to the painful decision that it's time to ask you to take a bit of pay cut. Currently our costs associated with hosting your non-postseason sexual innuendo and poor jokes cost approximately $13 a month. This is a cost we can no longer bear. We must ask that you send 10$/month to a PayPal account to be named or we might have to cut you. It will, of course, break our hearts as you are our longest tenured foreign fan (not counting Joel because, well, nobody counts Joel as foreign, we're not even sure where he lives).

Thank you for all your contributions. Please let us know your decision and you'll either receive the PayPal address or we'll need your playbook by close of business.

Warm regards,

Management

Dapper Dan
08-31-2016, 10:21 AM

He hasn't been carried at top dollar. He cut his salary in half last season and was willing to take a million dollar pay cut this season.

Another reason you're wrong is because this is exactly what we are doing with Demarcus Ware right now.

Valar Morghulis
08-31-2016, 10:22 AM
Dave, Although your performance as a message board contributor during the post-season last year was phenomenal, and significantly contributed to many of our members enjoyment of our Super Bowl victory in Super Bowl 50, we have come to the painful decision that it's time to ask you to take a bit of pay cut. Currently our costs associated with hosting your non-postseason sexual innuendo and poor jokes cost approximately $13 a month. This is a cost we can no longer bear. We must ask that you send 10$/month to a PayPal account to be named or we might have to cut you. It will, of course, break our hearts as you are our longest tenured foreign fan (not counting Joel because, well, nobody counts Joel as foreign, we're not even sure where he lives). Thank you for all your contributions. Please let us know your decision and you'll either receive the PayPal address or we'll need your playbook by close of business. Warm regards, Management

Thank you for your honest and fair feedback. Your right, my consistency has been lacking and I have not lived up to my large wages.

LawDog
08-31-2016, 10:30 AM
He hasn't been carried at top dollar. He cut his salary in half last season and was willing to take a million dollar pay cut this season.

Another reason you're wrong is because this is exactly what we are doing with Demarcus Ware right now.

Demarcus isn't a kicker. He actually plays football. Apples and Oranges.

slim
08-31-2016, 10:36 AM
Dan, babe....c'mon.

Please don't compare a future HOF LB to a punter.

underrated29
08-31-2016, 10:47 AM
Thought he was in texas....Joelio

TXBRONC
08-31-2016, 10:56 AM
Thought he was in texas....Joelio

How you holding up Under?

Are you sleeping well?

Dapper Dan
08-31-2016, 11:12 AM
Dan, babe....c'mon.

Please don't compare a future HOF LB to a punter.

I'm just proving how the statement is false. I'm not comparing anything. I'm simply disproving his statement.

Dapper Dan
08-31-2016, 11:13 AM
Demarcus isn't a kicker. He actually plays football. Apples and Oranges.

I'm not comparing anything. And I think you meant punter. Learn football.

underrated29
08-31-2016, 11:13 AM
How you holding up Under?

Are you sleeping well?

Im going okay my friend, thank you. Why do you ask?

TXBRONC
08-31-2016, 12:53 PM
Im going okay my friend, thank you. Why do you ask?

Just concerned that the stress of the possibility of your boy not making the team was taking its toll. :D

Seriously, don't surprised if Hillman makes the teams along with Bibbs.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2016, 01:17 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m

Teams expected to have interest in free agent punter Britton Colquitt include #Packers, #Bears and #Cardinals. Won't be out of work long

slim
08-31-2016, 01:20 PM
Something tells me Dan is about to become a Bears fan.

Dapper Dan
08-31-2016, 01:20 PM
Packers or Cardinals. Hopefully not da bears

Dapper Dan
08-31-2016, 01:21 PM
Is #4 even available for the Packers?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2016, 01:37 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2h

Keep in mind any money Broncos save this year can be carried to cap in '17. Big picture this is bridge year. Reload next year #9sports

LawDog
08-31-2016, 02:17 PM
I'm not comparing anything. And I think you meant punter. Learn football.

Kicker, Punter, same thing. Essentially.

underrated29
08-31-2016, 03:48 PM
Just concerned that the stress of the possibility of your boy not making the team was taking its toll. :D

Seriously, don't surprised if Hillman makes the teams along with Bibbs.

Agreed. I think they both make it too. I did not think hillman would at all, but the last game or two he has looked surprisingly well. I still like bibbs better and think he is the better player. I also think bibbs would get snatched up right away and hillman would not if either were to get cut.

BroncoWave
08-31-2016, 05:09 PM
Agreed. I think they both make it too. I did not think hillman would at all, but the last game or two he has looked surprisingly well. I still like bibbs better and think he is the better player. I also think bibbs would get snatched up right away and hillman would not if either were to get cut.

Our bet is coming down to the wire!

slim
08-31-2016, 05:18 PM
What bet?

sneakers
08-31-2016, 08:48 PM

two teams did a punter for punter trade late last week

sneakers
08-31-2016, 08:53 PM

And they are punting in denver.....get a 10 year old girl to punt the ball and it still is going to go 40 yards

Dapper Dan
08-31-2016, 08:58 PM
And they are punting in denver.....get a 10 year old girl to punt the ball and it still is going to go 40 yards

Obviously Elway is an idiot then.

underrated29
08-31-2016, 11:58 PM

Did we include both making the team? I don't think we did

BroncoWave
09-01-2016, 12:05 AM
Did we include both making the team? I don't think we did

I think we agreed that one has to make the team and one not for there to be a winner. If both make it or both get cut it's a push.

BroncoWave
09-01-2016, 12:06 AM
Also if one of them gets injured the bet would be off too.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2016, 09:41 AM
from article

Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak notified the team in the locker room following their 38-17 preseason loss to Arizona here Thursday night that he and general manager John Elway would make most of their cuts by 10 a.m. Friday.

full article - http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/broncos-notes-what-about-mark-sanchez/312772688

Traveler
09-02-2016, 09:47 AM
from article

full article - http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/broncos-notes-what-about-mark-sanchez/312772688

Hanson should be the first one called! Sheesh!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2016, 09:51 AM
I don't know about any one else, but after last night, I am definitely concerned about Dixon remaining the punter.

Dapper Dan
09-02-2016, 09:54 AM
I don't know about any one else, but after last night, I am definitely concerned about Dixon remaining the punter.

I missed the game. Too busy watching Tennessee scare the heck out of me. What happened?

BroncoWave
09-02-2016, 09:56 AM

They aren't going to cut him because of one bad game. Especially after investing a draft pick in him. He'll be on the roster week 1.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2016, 10:12 AM
They aren't going to cut him because of one bad game. Especially after investing a draft pick in him. He'll be on the roster week 1.

That is my concern, one bad game when there was absolutely no pressure on him.

BroncoWave
09-02-2016, 10:18 AM

I think you give Elway too little credit, then. I don't think he's that impulsive.

VonDoom
09-02-2016, 10:29 AM

I saw something on Twitter this morning (can't find it now - it was lost in a wall of tweets during/after the game) but one of the reporters said that Dixon was trying out a new punting style suggested by the coaches. I don't know if that was b.s. or what, but I wouldn't be too concerned yet.

Edit: here's something:

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 10h10 hours ago

Kubiak on Riley Dixon: "We were asking Riley to experiment a little bit with the punt Joe has been working with him." Didn't work well.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 9h9 hours ago

Andrew Mason Retweeted Logan

Kubiak mentioned they asked Dixon to "experiment a little bit"...people forget preseason is about trying & testing.

pnbronco
09-02-2016, 10:46 AM

:popcorn:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2016, 10:56 AM
I saw something on Twitter this morning (can't find it now - it was lost in a wall of tweets during/after the game) but one of the reporters said that Dixon was trying out a new punting style suggested by the coaches. I don't know if that was b.s. or what, but I wouldn't be too concerned yet.

Edit: here's something:

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 10h10 hours ago

Kubiak on Riley Dixon: "We were asking Riley to experiment a little bit with the punt Joe has been working with him." Didn't work well.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 9h9 hours ago

Andrew Mason Retweeted Logan

Kubiak mentioned they asked Dixon to "experiment a little bit"...people forget preseason is about trying & testing.

Thank you - makes me feel better

VonDoom
09-02-2016, 11:02 AM
O rly?

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1m1 minute ago

Broncos are shopping Ronnie Hillman.

Northman
09-02-2016, 11:03 AM
He did have a shitty game last night after looking strong the game before.

NightTerror218
09-02-2016, 11:11 AM
Bibbs prob won roster spot over hillman last night

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2016, 11:35 AM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m

#Broncos expected to make most of their final 22 cuts today. No resolution yet on Mark Sanchez, acc to source. A lot of tough decisions.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2016, 11:37 AM
NFL roster cuts tracker: Teams trimming to 53 players

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691151/article/nfl-roster-cuts-tracker-teams-trimming-to-53-players?campaign=Twitter_atn

Dapper Dan
09-02-2016, 11:38 AM
I'd hope they wouldn't put too much thought into a shitty game 4 in the preseason.

Northman
09-02-2016, 11:42 AM
I'd hope they wouldn't put too much thought into a shitty game 4 in the preseason.

All the preseason games are shitty to some degree.

underrated29
09-02-2016, 11:52 AM
hillmans on the block

VonDoom
09-02-2016, 12:04 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 4m4 minutes ago Colorado, USA

I'm told #Broncos CB John Tidwell has been waived. He's a practice squad candidate. Also told all 22 decisions made. Will come out soon.

BroncoWave
09-02-2016, 12:18 PM
hillmans on the block

I'm a little scared right now.

VonDoom
09-02-2016, 12:25 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Been told the Broncos have cut DT Kyle Peko. Hoping to add him to the practice squad though.

VonDoom
09-02-2016, 12:37 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 58s58 seconds ago

Broncos waived WR-returner Kalif Raymond. Undrafted rookie got good look. Candidate for practice squad, but no promises. #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 19s19 seconds ago

ILB Dwayne Norman waived. He became 11th Bronco to get a preseason sack last night. #9sports

VonDoom
09-02-2016, 12:39 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 46s47 seconds ago

Broncos have released CB Taurean Nixon

Dapper Dan
09-02-2016, 12:46 PM
All the preseason games are shitty to some degree.

I have a personal vendetta against the week 4 games especially. I attended one once.

slim
09-02-2016, 12:48 PM
I'm a little scared right now.

You should be.

Bibbs looked a lot better than Hillman last night + he plays ST

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2016, 12:51 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 24s

CB Taurean Nixon, OLB Eddie Yarbrough waived. Yarbrough played at Aurora Grandview HS. Strong practice squad candidate. #9sports

G_Money
09-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Kyle Roberts got waived, so let's just make sure he doesn't get on the PS and we'll be fine, yeah?

Either Addison or Raymond has to be on the practice squad. Probably Yarbrough (unless some other team picks him up). Nixon's still eligible.

Can we swipe whatever OL the Cardinals drop? That'd be nice.

VonDoom
09-02-2016, 12:56 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 15s15 seconds ago

OLB Sadat Sulleyman, OLB Vontarrius Dora were waived. Each had 2.0 sacks this preseason. #9sports

VonDoom
09-02-2016, 12:58 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 34s35 seconds ago Colorado, USA

Juwan Thompson has been released. He's made the roster each of the last two years. Do it all player.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2016, 01:00 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 8s

#Broncos still working through what's next for Hillman and Sanchez. Have explored trades with both.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2016, 01:02 PM

Juwan Thompson has been released. He's made the roster each of the last two years. Do it all player.

I wonder if that will save Hillman if they can not get a trade for him?

BroncoJoe
09-02-2016, 01:03 PM
That sucks - I liked Juwan.

VonDoom
09-02-2016, 01:03 PM

I don't think Thompson affected Hillman either way. If they keep four RB, it would be Anderson/Booker/Bibbs/Hillman. If they keep three, it looks like Hillman is the odd man out. I always thought it was a long shot for Thompson to make it.

tomjonesrocks
09-02-2016, 01:08 PM
That sucks - I liked Juwan.

There were times I thought Juwan might take the RB1 spot. He somehow faded and made less of an impact than I thought he would at one point.

LawDog
09-02-2016, 01:08 PM
I don't think Thompson affected Hillman either way. If they keep four RB, it would be Anderson/Booker/Bibbs/Hillman. If they keep three, it looks like Hillman is the odd man out. I always thought it was a long shot for Thompson to make it.

CJ was praising Janovich recently, I figured that was the end of Juwan b/c the only way he sticks is as an FB, and they aren't keeping two on the 53.

G_Money
09-02-2016, 01:12 PM

It's actually more in favor of Bibbs but that might save Hillman as a by-product. Thompson is a great special teams player, and Hillman doesn't play special teams. If you were picking between the FB that plays special teams and the RB that plays special teams, then it was Thompson vs. Bibbs. We'll see.

If it saves Hillman I wouldn't get too comfortable if I were him. They may have to hold him to trade him, but they can always bring Thompson back once Hillman is gone. I don't expect him to get snatched up.

G_Money
09-02-2016, 01:13 PM
There were times I thought Juwan might take the RB1 spot. He somehow faded and made less of an impact than I thought he would at one point.

That neck injury on the goal line helmet-to-helmet really hurt his chances to tote the rock.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2016, 01:15 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 53s

Other players on bubble expected to go today include DE Lars Koht and OL Aaron Neary..#Broncos..

pnbronco
09-02-2016, 01:20 PM
I just hate this day....but it seems like we are usually doing this on Sat and then have to wait for the PS. Will the PS list come out tomorrow afternoon?

Bummed about Juwan but not surprised.

pnbronco
09-02-2016, 01:20 PM
They could cut even more players if they pick someone up on waives....right????

BroncoWave
09-02-2016, 01:21 PM

Yep, and happens all the time.

Traveler
09-02-2016, 01:23 PM
I 'm still waiting to see the name Hanson. Should have been one of the first names released.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2016, 01:23 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1m

Broncos waive WR Mose Frazier. Paxton Lynch fave tied for team lead 10 receptions in preseason. Strong practice squad candidate #9sports

VonDoom
09-02-2016, 01:24 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2m2 minutes ago

Broncos waive WR Mose Frazier. Paxton Lynch fave tied for team lead 10 receptions in preseason. Strong practice squad candidate #9sports

VonDoom
09-02-2016, 01:24 PM
Yep, and happens all the time.

Didn't Montee Ball make it through the cut down to 53, then was cut the next day?

Dapper Dan
09-02-2016, 01:25 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3m2 minutes ago

VonDoom
09-02-2016, 01:25 PM

And yes, the 53 guys left today are not necessarily the same ones that will start the season. Once the dust settles, teams look at all the other players released and make some more moves. Practice squads are set by Sunday, I believe.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2016, 01:26 PM
I just hate this day....but it seems like we are usually doing this on Sat and then have to wait for the PS. Will the PS list come out tomorrow afternoon?

Bummed about Juwan but not surprised.

All cuts by all teams must be done by a certain time (can't remember when) on Saturday. Some teams are starting this today.

LawDog
09-02-2016, 01:31 PM
All cuts by all teams must be done by a certain time (can't remember when) on Saturday. Some teams are starting this today.

Down to 53 by 4pm Eastern on Saturday. But usually additional moves after that too.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2016, 01:37 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3m

Broncos waived DL Kyle Peko, who got highest undrafted rookie bonus. Hope to bring him back on practice squad. #9sports

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2016, 01:41 PM
Andrew Mason Retweeted
Tyke Tolbert ‏@CoachTykeT3 44m

Thx WR's for your efforts trying to make our team. Tough decisions to be made and your play makes it hard on the decision makers. God bless.

VonDoom
09-02-2016, 01:41 PM
Not really a surprise, but ...

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 24s24 seconds ago Colorado, USA

Will Parks has made the #Broncos initial 53-man roster. Should be all 8 draft picks on the team.

VonDoom
09-02-2016, 01:45 PM
I 'm still waiting to see the name Hanson. Should have been one of the first names released.

Here you go:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 20s21 seconds ago

OT Lars Hanson waived. Helped open some holes early for Kapri Bibbs last night. #9sports

dogfish
09-02-2016, 01:49 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 15s15 seconds ago

OLB Sadat Sulleyman, OLB Vontarrius Dora were waived. Each had 2.0 sacks this preseason. #9sports

hoping to see one or both of them on the PS, if they make it. . .

pnbronco
09-02-2016, 01:50 PM
hoping to see one or both of them on the PS, if they make it. . .

me too....they both impressed me this year.

I really hate this day

BroncoWave
Titans released Dexter McCluster. That's a guy I'd look at if I were Denver. If we do cut Hillman, we have no shifty/change of pace type guy. Dex could fill that role and he can return kicks as well.

pnbronco
How many PS????

VonDoom
09-02-2016, 01:52 PM
How many PS????

I believe it's ten this year, up from eight.

Traveler
09-02-2016, 01:54 PM
I believe it's ten this year, up from eight.

You are correct.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2016, 01:58 PM
Has anyone been counting to know how many cuts so far?

Traveler
09-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Has anyone been counting to know how many cuts so far?

11 thusfar

Dapper Dan
09-02-2016, 02:11 PM
11 thusfar

You are correct.

underrated29
09-02-2016, 02:12 PM
Titans released Dexter McCluster. That's a guy I'd look at if I were Denver. If we do cut Hillman, we have no shifty/change of pace type guy. Dex could fill that role and he can return kicks as well.

I like him

VonDoom
09-02-2016, 02:13 PM
11 thusfar

I see about five or six more that appear fairly obvious - Justin Murray, Aaron Neary, Lars Koht, Kyle Kragen, BJ Lowery, Ryan Murphy. It's the last few that will create a stir.

Traveler
09-02-2016, 02:32 PM
There has to be an unexpected claim/trade to be added to the team IMO. OL needs help.

VonDoom
09-02-2016, 02:40 PM
There has to be an unexpected claim/trade to be added to the team IMO. OL needs help.

Yeah, if they're adding a camp cut, it's an O-lineman and/or a TE. We should be okay most other places for now.

VonDoom
09-02-2016, 02:41 PM
I'm a little surprised on this one - I had him making the team:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 33s34 seconds ago

Broncos released DL Henry Melton. Impressive how he came back in second half of 4th preseason game after knee injury in first half. #9spots

Traveler
09-02-2016, 02:44 PM
I'm a little surprised on this one - I had him making the team:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 33s34 seconds ago

Broncos released DL Henry Melton. Impressive how he came back in second half of 4th preseason game after knee injury in first half. #9spots

Thought he would make it. Guess Winn is in.

dogfish
09-02-2016, 02:45 PM
I really hate this day

i know, lady. . . you just want these guys to be like pokemons, so we can keep 'em all. . .

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2016, 02:45 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 8m

Still on Broncos roster: Mark Sanchez, Ronnie Hillman, Kapri Bibbs, Jordan Taylor, John Phillips, Lars Koht, Dillon Day. #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 10m

Broncos have more cuts coming tomorrow. Still have excess of RBs (5), OL, DL. #9sports

pnbronco
09-02-2016, 02:52 PM
i know, lady. . . you just want these guys to be like pokemons, so we can keep 'em all. . .

and your point.....:D

GEM
09-02-2016, 03:03 PM
I see about five or six more that appear fairly obvious - Justin Murray, Aaron Neary, Lars Koht, Kyle Kragen, BJ Lowery, Ryan Murphy. It's the last few that will create a stir.

I thought they may try to hang onto Murphy. He was in on a lot of plays last night.

TXBRONC
09-02-2016, 03:05 PM

With him waived Hillman is traded or stays imo.

TXBRONC
09-02-2016, 03:07 PM

I think it will, because I don't see Denver going into the season with just three running backs. I don't include the fullback in that group.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2016, 03:10 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 13m

Broncos still need to decide between Ronnie Hillman & Kapri Bibbs. Hillman's $1.8M/little ST a con. Pro: Speed/running skill. #9sports

VonDoom
09-02-2016, 03:16 PM
I thought they may try to hang onto Murphy. He was in on a lot of plays last night.

I think Keo would be the fifth safety (Ward, Stewart, Simmons and Parks obviously being the others). But Keo is suspended at the start of the year, so it's possible Murphy stays and then we'll see where we are after week two.

BroncoWave
09-02-2016, 03:21 PM
I like him

Woah. Us agreeing on a running back just does not feel right.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2016, 03:22 PM
Had no idea where to put the following, so I put it here

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m

#Broncos Roby fined $24,309 for hit vs. #LARams on defenseless receiver. Talib not fined for hit on Keenum, acc to sources. @DenverChannel

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2016, 03:23 PM
Parks Place ‏@PhillyWill11 2h

God is good.. Officially a Bronco.. #BroncoCountry

NightTerror218
09-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 13m

Broncos still need to decide between Ronnie Hillman & Kapri Bibbs. Hillman's $1.8M/little ST a con. Pro: Speed/running skill. #9sports

Prob why hillman ayed special teams last night, boost trade value

VonDoom
09-02-2016, 03:44 PM

The #Broncos cut Robert Myers. He spent the latter half of last season on their practice squad. 2015 5th round pick.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 1m1 minute ago

Excuse me, Myers was on the Broncos 53-man roster from Week 17 through SB. They signed him off Ravens practice squad. 6-5, 335 pound G.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2016, 03:58 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 14m

With Parks making it, clears way for entire #Broncos draft class to make the team.Snapshot of April draft is terrific so far. @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 22

#Broncos keep chipping away. WR Mose Frazier cut.. Had a great game last night. Would love to see him on practice squad. @DenverChannel

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2016, 04:29 PM
Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 2h

Asked two GMs about Ronnie Hillman's trade value and both of their responses were ... "He doesn't play special teams...''

Slick
09-02-2016, 04:38 PM
I don't see why anyone would trade for Hillman. They could have had him during free agency if they wanted him. He was a late signing, wasn't he?

underrated29
09-02-2016, 04:42 PM
I don't see why anyone would trade for Hillman. They could have had him during free agency if they wanted him. He was a late signing, wasn't he?

Yep, he sucks

BroncoWave
09-02-2016, 04:53 PM
Yep, he sucks

You suck.

sneakers
09-02-2016, 04:58 PM
poor Thompson

underrated29
09-02-2016, 05:07 PM
You suck.

Not today Hahaha!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2016, 05:40 PM
not sure if this has been posted or not

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 41m

DL Lars Koht was released by Broncos #9sports

Krugan
09-02-2016, 05:59 PM
still waiting on the bigger name, its bound to happen

Seems pretty straight forward, except for melton, thought he would stick, just because we have so few decent dl guys, imo.

VonDoom
09-02-2016, 06:29 PM
still waiting on the bigger name, its bound to happen

Seems pretty straight forward, except for melton, thought he would stick, just because we have so few decent dl guys, imo.

Yeah, I said earlier that Melton was a small surprise. The bigger names should come tomorrow

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-02-2016, 06:41 PM
Will held up well at the point of attack.

TXBRONC
09-02-2016, 07:22 PM
Had no idea where to put the following, so I put it here

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m

#Broncos Roby fined $24,309 for hit vs. #LARams on defenseless receiver. Talib not fined for hit on Keenum, acc to sources. @DenverChannel

:confused:

VonDoom
09-02-2016, 07:40 PM
Seahawks cut Jahri Evans. What do you say, Jaded?

Simple Jaded
09-02-2016, 11:00 PM
Seahawks cut Jahri Evans. What do you say, Jaded?

I think he's done.

Simple Jaded
09-02-2016, 11:23 PM

J7HIxqDpJ0Q

VonDoom
09-03-2016, 09:41 AM
Vikings just traded a first and fourth for Sam Bradford. Wow. For us, that means Sanchez is not going there. Cowboys seem like the only possibility for a trade

underrated29
09-03-2016, 09:58 AM
Vikings just traded a first and fourth for Sam Bradford. Wow. For us, that means Sanchez is not going there. Cowboys seem like the only possibility for a trade

What a stupid ass trade. Why did they do that?
Next year when teddy is back, what then? You blow a 1st and 4th for a 1 year rental?

BroncoWave
09-03-2016, 10:00 AM
What a stupid ass trade. Why did they do that?
Next year when teddy is back, what then? You blow a 1st and 4th for a 1 year rental?

Yeah, that trade makes no sense. I'd be erect right now if I were a Philly fan.