PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Seimien

Dapper Dan
08-27-2016, 03:19 AM
Our QBotF deserves his own thread. Has anyone gotten his jersey yet?

Valar Morghulis
08-27-2016, 03:25 AM

Yeah but I bought it when we drafted him, so i need another with his new number

Dapper Dan
08-27-2016, 03:41 AM
Yeah but I bought it when we drafted him, so i need another with his new number

Just use the 1 off of a Peyton jersey.

Valar Morghulis
08-27-2016, 03:43 AM

Peyton who?

Dapper Dan
08-27-2016, 04:17 AM
Mods should correct this to Trevor Siemian. Apparently that's what he goes by.

Valar Morghulis
08-27-2016, 04:21 AM
Mods should correct this to Trevor Siemian. Apparently that's what he goes by.

Tomato tomato

Dapper Dan
08-27-2016, 04:24 AM
Get your shirts here

http://www.fantstore.com/view/17670003/if-i-die-tell-trevor-siemian-i-loved-him-denver-football-t-shirt

Dapper Dan
08-27-2016, 04:25 AM
#13 jersey here.

http://www.nflshop.com/league/NFL/team/Denver_Broncos/category/14012/browse/featuredproduct/2220093/source/ak1944nfl-pla?sku=7256947&003=14180831&CS_010=2220093

Dapper Dan
08-27-2016, 04:32 AM
Like a couple of another Broncos great(Elway/Lynch), Trevor was a baseball player. His middle name? John.

Valar Morghulis
08-27-2016, 04:33 AM
like a couple of another broncos great(elway/lynch), trevor was a baseball player. His middle name? John.

lmao

MOtorboat
08-27-2016, 04:42 AM
...is a quarterback.

Dapper Dan
08-27-2016, 04:47 AM
...is THE quarterback.

Fify

TXBRONC
08-27-2016, 08:06 AM
...is a quarterback.

He is the starting quarterback. Unless he steps all over himself tonight he will be starting against Carolina.

Dzone
08-27-2016, 09:58 AM
Good that he wears #13. We got the next Marino right here in Denver.

VonDoom
08-27-2016, 10:01 AM

As Davii and I discussed in another thread, his mom must have his jersey. It probably Siemian on that one, though

Dapper Dan
08-27-2016, 10:11 AM
Good that he wears #13. We got the next Marino right here in Denver.

Nah, bro. Siemian has a Super Bowl ring.

Joel
08-27-2016, 11:59 PM
Just slap his name on the back of a Manning jersey and cover up part of the 8: When he bombs, you can peel off the stickers and be all "Trevor Who?"

Simple Jaded
08-28-2016, 12:49 AM
Just slap his name on the back of a Manning jersey and cover up part of the 8: When he bombs, you can peel off the stickers and be all "Trevor Who?"

You mean "if" he bombs?

Joel
08-28-2016, 01:04 AM
You mean "if" he bombs?
Nah, dudebro: Lynch is the Future and The Future Is Now. #ThereIsNoPlanB :tongue:

Valar Morghulis
08-28-2016, 06:00 AM
Trevor siemien for mvp

Valar Morghulis
08-28-2016, 06:00 AM
Trevor siemien for mvp

And possibly President

olathebroncofan
08-28-2016, 06:36 AM
I bet Trevs replaces Elway as the Broncos #1 all time QB.

slim
08-28-2016, 07:26 AM
And possibly President

He would get my vote!

aberdien
08-28-2016, 08:56 AM
I don't even know how to say his last name.

Dapper Dan
08-28-2016, 08:58 AM
I don't even know how to say his last name.

Sim-ee-an

BroncoJoe
08-28-2016, 08:59 AM
:yawn:

Not too impressed last night.

slim
08-28-2016, 09:00 AM

MO wasn't either.

I didn't watch it, but the stats don't look terrible.

Northman
08-28-2016, 09:05 AM
He made some crisp passes after a sluggish start but we still arent stretching the field enough and the one time he did it was an Int. At this point he is no better or worse than what we had going on last year at the position.

Dapper Dan
08-28-2016, 09:11 AM

That's what she said.

nevcraw
08-28-2016, 09:12 AM
He did have a couple of well thrown balls deep - one particular to DT. And besides we don't need a bombs thrower just someone to move the sticks and keep them honest. Run game should improve vastly.
Also - the Int throw was dumb but a terrible call - totally not an INt. Replay clearly shows ball hanging all over the ground.

GEM
08-28-2016, 09:19 AM
I've tried to stay away, but watching and listening to Siemien is akin to Orton. Nothing exciting about the guy. He's decent, not flashy. He says all the pc things. Thank goodness he doesn't have the fainting goat aspect, but it does look like he may be keen on throwing int's when trying to force it in there. He's serviceable, will manage the game, but don't expect to get excited.

BroncoWave
08-28-2016, 09:36 AM
I've tried to stay away, but watching and listening to Siemien is akin to Orton. Nothing exciting about the guy. He's decent, not flashy. He says all the pc things. Thank goodness he doesn't have the fainting goat aspect, but it does look like he may be keen on throwing int's when trying to force it in there. He's serviceable, will manage the game, but don't expect to get excited.

I don't think anyone has any illusions that he will be anything more than a game manager. His job is just to hold down the fort until Lynch is ready.

GEM
08-28-2016, 09:42 AM
I don't think anyone has any illusions that he will be anything more than a game manager. His job is just to hold down the fort until Lynch is ready.

I think after last preseason, there was some excitement about him. Enough that they kept him on the 53. But we didn't get to explore because of who was already here. That also works against him because when you aren't flashy, it's really easy for fans to want the new shiny toy to play. He's in a no win situation.

BroncoWave
08-28-2016, 09:50 AM
I think after last preseason, there was some excitement about him. Enough that they kept him on the 53. But we didn't get to explore because of who was already here. That also works against him because when you aren't flashy, it's really easy for fans to want the new shiny toy to play. He's in a no win situation.

Honestly, he's already hit the jackpot by becoming a starter so soon after being a 7th round pick. That is exceptionally rare at that position. So even if he loses his job at some point this season, he has done enough to at least secure his spot as a backup in the league for years to come. He probably never expected in a million years to start for Denver getting drafted behind Peyton and his assumed successor in Oz, so really everything past this point should be gravy for him. I'm sure he realizes he's on borrowed time the closer Lynch gets, so hopefully he's just going out there and enjoying it while it lasts instead of caving under the pressure.

BroncoJoe
08-28-2016, 09:59 AM
I wonder, if he's named the starter, if he'll get a bump in pay. Pretty cheap @ $615k for a starting QB!

BroncoWave
08-28-2016, 10:01 AM
I wonder, if he's named the starter, if he'll get a bump in pay. Pretty cheap @ $615k for a starting QB!

I doubt it. Elway doesn't seem in the business of giving out charity, and Siemian doesn't really have any leverage to ask for a raise this season.

Northman
08-28-2016, 11:34 AM
The only bump in pay he will get is if he actually performs well throughout the year and holds onto the starting job.

BroncoWave
08-28-2016, 11:40 AM
The only bump in pay he will get is if he actually performs well throughout the year and holds onto the starting job.

If he gets a bump in pay any time soon it likely won't be in Denver. I can't see Denver giving a raise to someone who they are planning on replacing soon.

slim
08-28-2016, 11:41 AM

**** that!

They should ask him to take less!

VonDoom
08-28-2016, 12:18 PM

He could definitely play well enough to back up some other team next year, which would also probably get him more money.

VonDoom
08-28-2016, 12:19 PM

That was kind of what I was saying in the game thread. I was hoping to be "wowed" by one of these guys and Siemian just seems so bland to me. I will root for his success but I'm not seeing anything special from him.

Timmy!
08-28-2016, 01:13 PM

He's not a starting qb.

Dapper Dan
08-28-2016, 01:16 PM
He's not a starting qb.

He's literally the starting quarterback.

Poet
08-28-2016, 01:26 PM
I don't like him as a player. I'm starting to dislike him in general.

Timmy!
08-28-2016, 01:31 PM
He's literally the starting quarterback.

Hes not a starting caliber qb. Happy now?

Dapper Dan
08-28-2016, 01:33 PM
Hes not a starting caliber qb. Happy now?

Hell no, I'm not happy!

Dapper Dan
08-28-2016, 01:34 PM

You take that back right now.

Timmy!
08-28-2016, 01:36 PM

When he throws a pick six against the Panthers I'm going to light him up.

Poet
08-28-2016, 01:40 PM
You take that back right now.

He has no talent or ability. How can I like that in my QB?

Dapper Dan
08-28-2016, 01:41 PM
He has no talent or ability. How can I like that in my QB?

Poet
08-28-2016, 01:44 PM

I know...you got mad at me for my opinion......

I want Lynch to start. Let the new era roll. Let him learn...but that's my heart....my brain says maybe he needs to sit.

Dapper Dan
08-28-2016, 01:52 PM
I know...you got mad at me for my opinion......

I want Lynch to start. Let the new era roll. Let him learn...but that's my heart....my brain says maybe he needs to sit.

I'm not mad, fam. I can't get mad at a Bengals fan for hating the starting QB. It's in your DNA.

Poet
08-28-2016, 01:56 PM
I'm not mad, fam. I can't get mad at a Bengals fan for hating the starting QB. It's in your DNA.

Why must you disrespect me like this? I'm as much a fan of salad2 as I am of the Bengals.

Dapper Dan
08-28-2016, 02:10 PM
Why must you disrespect me like this? I'm as much a fan of salad2 as I am of the Bengals.

Because..

TXBRONC
08-28-2016, 02:19 PM
He made some crisp passes after a sluggish start but we still arent stretching the field enough and the one time he did it was an Int. At this point he is no better or worse than what we had going on last year at the position.

It's not something we'll generally see three or four times a half. He had two long passes the first half. The one you mentioned but also the one to Thomas that lead to a field goal just before half time.

TXBRONC
08-28-2016, 02:30 PM

Agreed, Siemian is far from flashy and don't expect that he's be anything more than servicable starting quarterback. He's young so he's still going to make mistakes that young quarterback make. Even so, I think on the whole he'll still be solid for the Broncos.

TXBRONC
08-28-2016, 02:42 PM
Hell no, I'm not happy!

Have you ever been happy?

Dapper Dan
08-28-2016, 02:49 PM
Have you ever been happy?

Once. I hated it!

Valar Morghulis
08-28-2016, 02:52 PM
Once. I hated it!

It was bitter sweet.

I was inside him at the time.

He hated how much he enjoyed it

I Eat Staples
08-28-2016, 05:26 PM
Starting Siemian makes no sense to me. If you're not going to start the Veteran Sanchez (presumably because he's awful) why would you not just start Lynch?

Either way, you're starting a QB with no NFL experience. Being a 3rd string for one season does not make up for the immense talent disparity between Siemian and Lynch. If you're going to go with no experience over a veteran, at least pick the one with talent, not the one who was below average while splitting time at Northwestern. He will never be a viable NFL QB. No chance.

aberdien
08-28-2016, 05:45 PM

That moment when you realize that the poorest of NFL players still make 20 times more money in a year than you.

slim
08-28-2016, 05:54 PM
Well, I guess we all know how much Abe makes

slim
08-28-2016, 05:59 PM
MO, let me know if you need help with the math

MOtorboat
08-28-2016, 06:00 PM
MO, let me know if you need help with the math

I'm good, buddy.

Davii
08-28-2016, 06:01 PM
Starting Siemian makes no sense to me. If you're not going to start the Veteran Sanchez (presumably because he's awful) why would you not just start Lynch?

Either way, you're starting a QB with no NFL experience. Being a 3rd string for one season does not make up for the immense talent disparity between Siemian and Lynch. If you're going to go with no experience over a veteran, at least pick the one with talent, not the one who was below average while splitting time at Northwestern. He will never be a viable NFL QB. No chance.

I bet Lynch starts against the Texans in week 7 if not sooner.

BroncoWave
08-28-2016, 06:04 PM
He will never be a viable NFL QB. No chance.

Must be nice having a crystal ball. Where can I get one of those?

aberdien
08-28-2016, 06:22 PM
Well, I guess we all know how much Abe makes

They make more like 18 or 19 times more than me, not 20 #humblebrag

Rick
08-28-2016, 06:32 PM
I think Siemian will be a capable starter but I think he will be just a guy.

I think he is talented enough he may be a guy who can spot start for a lot of teams in the league while they groom the real guy they want, same as we will do.

I see a 20-15 td/int guy all over him.

I like him to bridge the gap and he may be a little better than Sanchez but he is just a gap player.

MOtorboat
08-28-2016, 06:36 PM
I think Siemian will be a capable starter but I think he will be just a guy.

I think he is talented enough he may be a guy who can spot start for a lot of teams in the league while they groom the real guy they want, same as we will do.

I see a 20-15 td/int guy all over him.

I like him to bridge the gap and he may be a little better than Sanchez but he is just a gap player.

I see 15/20.

BroncoWave
08-28-2016, 06:36 PM
They make more like 18 or 19 times more than me, not 20 #humblebrag

Woah, Mr. Moneybags over here!

Rick
08-28-2016, 06:38 PM
I see 15/20.

That could be too but I think once he gets more playing time under his belt he will maybe balance the tds a little higher but I think he will always be a guy who throws 15+ picks.

I Eat Staples
08-28-2016, 06:55 PM
Must be nice having a crystal ball. Where can I get one of those?

Well, Leceister City did win the Premier league, so when you look at it like that...

But seriously, the odds of Siemian becoming an above average starting QB in the NFL are only marginally better than the odds of either of us winning the lottery. If you want to play devil's advocate just for the sake of doing so, be my guest, but I think you realize just how crazy it would be if Siemian went on to be a good QB.

BroncoWave
08-28-2016, 07:00 PM
Well, Leceister City did win the Premier league, so when you look at it like that...

But seriously, the odds of Siemian becoming an above average starting QB in the NFL are only marginally better than the odds of either of us winning the lottery. If you want to play devil's advocate just for the sake of doing so, be my guest, but I think you realize just how crazy it would be if Siemian went on to be a good QB.

I agree that it's a longshot. But anyone who is good enough to make it to the NFL at least has a CHANCE of being a productive player. And it's a WAAAAYYYYYY higher chance than anyone has of winning the lottery. That's just a ridiculous comparison. I bet when we drafted him last year you probably would have said the odds of him being the opening day starter in 2016 were pretty small as well. That's the beauty of sports is that anything can happen.

I'm not going to say a guy has NO CHANCE to be good before he ever gets a chance to prove it. Statistically, you are probably right, but they go out there and play the games for a reason.

I Eat Staples
08-28-2016, 07:08 PM
I agree that it's a longshot. But anyone who is good enough to make it to the NFL at least has a CHANCE of being a productive player. And it's a WAAAAYYYYYY higher chance than anyone has of winning the lottery. That's just a ridiculous comparison. I bet when we drafted him last year you probably would have said the odds of him being the opening day starter in 2016 were pretty small as well. That's the beauty of sports is that anything can happen.

I'm not going to say a guy has NO CHANCE to be good before he ever gets a chance to prove it. Statistically, you are probably right, but they go out there and play the games for a reason.

You're certainly right about that. It's completely insane that he's going to be the starter. I mean, it's seriously awesome for him, but I just don't see how it's not going to be a disaster. He was an extremely long shot to even be drafted at all; I was surprised we used even a 7th round pick on him.

TXBRONC
08-28-2016, 07:16 PM

No one has come close to predicting that Siemian will be above average. If he can just play solidly for the year he becomes a valuable trade commodity.

BroncoWave
08-28-2016, 07:17 PM
You're certainly right about that. It's completely insane that he's going to be the starter. I mean, it's seriously awesome for him, but I just don't see how it's not going to be a disaster. He was an extremely long shot to even be drafted at all; I was surprised we used even a 7th round pick on him.

I guess Elway and Kubes saw a little something in him. Which is one reason I will at least give him a chance at not being awful. Even if he only ever turns into a servicable backup, that's an awesome return on a 7th round pick by Elway and Kubes.

Simple Jaded
08-28-2016, 07:24 PM
They should dump Siemian/Kubiak and hire Rich Rob, Lynch deserves better than this.

slim
08-28-2016, 07:32 PM
I see 15/20.

Whoa, slow down boss.

He's no Peyton Manning

MOtorboat
08-28-2016, 08:23 PM
Whoa, slow down boss.

He's no Peyton Manning

12/28

Better?

Canmore
08-29-2016, 01:10 AM
12/28

Better?

Really?

Joel
08-29-2016, 01:44 AM
So his head stays attached to his shoulders and he doesn't have PTSD nightmares the night before every game for the rest of his career. And so he actually has more than a few MONTHS to learn the playbook before expected to RUN it. There are many good reasons not to start a top rookie QB; coaches don't routinely go that route just because they like collecting unemployment checks. We don't even know wtf the entire right half of our starting offensive line is right now.

Valar Morghulis
08-29-2016, 01:48 AM
I had a dream they were waiting for Kirk cousins next off season

MOtorboat
08-29-2016, 02:42 AM
Really?

He was 24/27 at Northwestern and he's 1/2 in the preseason.

I doubt by he's better than 15/20. The 12/28 was a joke after being prompted by the "He's no Manning" tripe.

tripp
08-29-2016, 09:55 AM

I would kill for Orton to be on this team right now. And I HATED Orton as a Bronco.

GEM
08-29-2016, 09:59 AM
I would kill for Orton to be on this team right now. And I HATED Orton as a Bronco.

I would kill myself if Orton was on this team right now. That's how much I HATED Orton as a Bronco. :lol:

Dapper Dan
08-29-2016, 10:03 AM
Let's not get distracted by the past. That quarterback is long gone. Stay focused on our future, TFS.

tripp
08-29-2016, 10:06 AM
Let's not get distracted by the past. That quarterback is long gone. Stay focused on our future, TFS.

Past aside, is it too late to try and get AJ McCarron?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2016, 10:18 AM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 32s

Not that it's any surprise, but it is now official. Broncos announced Trevor Siemian is their starting QB.

Dapper Dan
08-29-2016, 10:22 AM
Trevor Siemian will be Broncos' starting quarterback

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Trevor-Siemian-will-be-Broncos-starting-quarterback/06f464ae-251a-4480-a4c1-d77797dd3980

broncofaninfla
08-29-2016, 11:58 AM
I'm proud of Siemian. The kid went out and earned this job. As a fan he seems like the best option at this time. Kubes and Elway obviously feel the same way and they know far more than any of us. I'm excited. We have a legitimate shot at having not one but two very capable young QB's.

NightTerror218
08-29-2016, 12:07 PM
The idea is not to rush lynch. Naming siemien means to me that lynch will be starting sooner than later.

So glad lynch is not starting against carolina. I think keuchly is going to give siemien a harsh welcone to the nfl. He is best MLB for a reason. He can disect a plan like no other

CoachChaz
08-29-2016, 12:14 PM
Trevor Siemian will be Broncos' starting quarterback

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Trevor-Siemian-will-be-Broncos-starting-quarterback/06f464ae-251a-4480-a4c1-d77797dd3980

Downright frightening

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2016, 12:26 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 24m24 minutes ago

Not sure what you were seeing. RT @DKrom59: Misleading stat. Siemian was by far the worst QB of the 3 this preseason

When you go to Andrew's twitter, he has a box under this post showing what all 3 QB's did in the preseason. I can not find a way to copy/paste it. Unless Andrew did not mean to state that Siemian was by far the worst QB of the 3 this preseason?????

LawDog
08-29-2016, 12:37 PM
When you go to Andrew's twitter, he has a box under this post showing what all 3 QB's did in the preseason. I can not find a way to copy/paste it. Unless Andrew did not mean to state that Siemian was by far the worst QB of the 3 this preseason?????

Mase didn't say that, Kromelow did. The stat Krom was referring to was that Siemian only had three drives in preseason without a 1st down.

Magnificent Seven
08-29-2016, 01:14 PM
Looking forward to a new chapter with Siemian and his new offense. I am feeling comfortable with him. However, I am worried about our offensive linemen.

Davii
08-29-2016, 01:16 PM
Looking forward to a new chapter with Siemian and his new offense. I am feeling comfortable with him. However, I am worried about our offensive linemen.

I'm less worried about our OL. They did a decent job against what is considered among the best DLs in football. More time together and a healthy Ty will make them better.

Simple Jaded
08-29-2016, 01:17 PM
Siemian had a Pick 6 dropped in the Bears game and the Rams game, Sanchez had one dropped in the Rams game but can't be 100% faulted on one of his fumbles. Both looked fine with the starters, imo, but both have put the ball up for grabs.

This decision feels like Kubiak showing preference to one of his hand picked scrubs, dude loves his scrubs. That's how you end up with Sampro over TJ Clemmings.

But, after last season, Kubiak can handle his QB's any ******* way he wants. #earnedit

BroncoJoe
08-29-2016, 01:22 PM
With this announcement, Sanchez is either gone, or takes a huge paycut.

BroncoWave
08-29-2016, 01:23 PM

Uhh, ya think? :D

BroncoJoe
08-29-2016, 01:40 PM
Uhh, ya think? :D

I was channeling my inner-Cugel with that post. Just the reader's digest version.

Northman
08-29-2016, 01:46 PM
Siemian had a Pick 6 dropped in the Bears game and the Rams game, Sanchez had one dropped in the Rams game but can't be 100% faulted on one of his fumbles. Both looked fine with the starters, imo, but both have put the ball up for grabs.

This decision feels like Kubiak showing preference to one of his hand picked scrubs, dude loves his scrubs. That's how you end up with Sampro over TJ Clemmings.

But, after last season, Kubiak can handle his QB's any ******* way he wants. #earnedit

I think the biggest issue for Kubes with Sanchez is his pocket awareness. I really think the 2 fumbles played an enormous impact on whether he would be retained or even considered as a starter. Sanchez has been plagued by ball security issues his entire career and i can understand a coach not wanting to deal with that particular problem from a 6-7 year vet.

Cugel
08-29-2016, 03:14 PM
I would've been just as nervous with Os as the starter this season TBH. I remember a few people on here talking last preseason about how Siemian, and even Dysert, were looking better than Os in preseason work.

While nobody should base their opinions on how backup QBs look in meaningless pre-season games against guys who are about ready to start their careers at the loading dock of Office Depot, you're basically right.

Paying Osweiler $64M is a huge gamble for the Texans. It's easy for a QB to do well for 7 games, just like a hitter in baseball can get hot and hit .360 for a month or two, but he's really a .270 lifetime hitter at best and will inevitably revert to form.

But, he was at least a 4 year veteran, even if he didn't start. So, Siemian is a much bigger gamble.

But there are a number of upsides to the Lynch/Siemian situation over Osweiler:

1. Lynch is a more highly regarded prospect than Osweiler. Not even close really. Osweiler was a late 2nd round pick, while Lynch was always going in the 1st round. Thus, it's questionable whether Lynch has worse prospects than Jared Goff or Carson Wenz.

ASK THE LEAGUE: Does Trevor Siemian have the goods to succeed?

When the Denver Broncos announced Trevor Siemian as the starter for the team's third preseason game, Gary Kubiak sent a message to the rest of the league that the second-year pro is in line to be the defending champs' QB1 against the Carolina Panthers when the regular season kicks off in a couple of weeks. Now, that's certainly not the scenario most of us envisioned when the three-headed quarterback competition started in the offseason, but Siemian has outplayed veteran Mark Sanchez and has a better grasp of the team's offense than rookie Paxton Lynch.

UPDATE: Denver Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak announced Monday that Trevor Siemian will be the team's starting quarterback for Week 1.

Given this development for the 250th overall pick of the 2015 NFL Draft, I thought I'd reach out to a few of my scouting buddies to get their thoughts on Siemian. Here's what I asked them:

What were your thoughts on Trevor Siemian coming out of Northwestern? Where did you project his NFL ceiling to be?

AFC director of player personnel: "I was somewhat of a fan. He didn't have great numbers, but he was accurate, sneaky athletic and showed flashes of a graduate-level understanding of quarterback play (vision, timing, using his eyes to move defenders, etc.). I thought he could develop into a solid backup (initially No. 3) with a little upside."

AFC player personnel executive: "I don't even remember doing him. I know that I went there [Northwestern], but he didn't have any standout qualities. I think Denver is trying to create something. Maybe Kubiak is trying to do the quarterback guru thing."

AFC college scout: "He was super productive in limited action. He had a strong arm and enough size to be a backup. He could come in as a No. 3 and work his way up to being a solid No. 2."

AFC college scouting director: "I didn't even do him coming out ... We didn't have high enough grades on him for me to watch him."

AFC scout: "Sorry, dawg ... I didn't do him. I heard that he is doing well in Denver, but he wasn't on my radar coming out."

MY TAKE

Despite previously praising John Elway and the Broncos in this notebook for their handling of the quarterback situation, I didn't seriously think the team would enter the season with Siemian as the starting quarterback. I assumed Sanchez would win the job as the seasoned veteran with a pair of AFC Championship Game appearances on his résumé, or that the team would hand the gig to the rookie first-rounder if the race was close coming out of the preseason.

That's why I'm shocked to see the former seventh-rounder starting the "dress rehearsal" of the exhibition season. In Week 3 of the preseason, teams play their starters into the second half to establish a rhythm and work the kinks out before the real action begins. With Siemian running with the 1s Saturday night, he's the overwhelming favorite to get the ball on opening night.

Looking at Siemian's play throughout the preseason, I must admit that I've been impressed with his accuracy, ball placement and decisiveness. He gets the ball out of his hands quickly and allows his playmakers to do the work on the perimeter. Against the 49ers, in particular, Siemian didn't hesitate to get the ball to his second or third option in the progression when the coverage took away his primary read. Speaking to a few Broncos players and coaches during the offseason, I frequently heard them rave about Siemian's command of the offense and how quickly he got the ball out. They also cited his competitiveness -- a Broncos team source told me that he treated every opportunity like a big deal and his success leading the 3s as a rookie opened some eyes around the building -- leadership skills and steady improvement as a passer as major factors in his ascension up the depth chart.

When I asked my scouting buddies about Siemian's rapid rise, most were shocked that he's considered a potential QB1 after a mediocre collegiate career. (Siemian didn't even crack the top 10 among Big Ten quarterbacks in passer efficiency as a senior.) Although I had one scout point to the Northwestern's upset win at Notre Dame in November of 2014 as a sign of his potential, the vast majority of scouts saw him as a "height/weight/speed" prospect (OK, not so much on the speed, but HWS is just a general scouting term) with a big arm and limited potential. Siemian carried a "Priority Free Agent" (PFA) grade on most boards, and the Broncos' selection late on Day 3 was in line with that opinion (seventh-round picks are essentially viewed as PFAs on draft boards).

Considering how rare it is to see a late-round quarterback in the starting lineup on opening day -- every projected Week 1 starter was drafted in the first four rounds except Tom Brady (sixth-rounder), Ryan Fitzpatrick (seventh-rounder), Tyrod Taylor (sixth-rounder), Tony Romo (undrafted) and Case Keenum (undrafted) -- the Broncos are attempting to buck the odds by giving Siemian the ball. Sure, Denver simply needs a game manager to support a team fueled by its defense and running game, but Siemian must show the skeptics that he won't wilt under the bright lights while leading the reigning champs. It's one thing to sit comfortably in the shadows as the QB2 or QB3, but it's obviously a completely different deal to be the guy.

Bronco4ever
08-29-2016, 03:40 PM
I heard that Siemian has the least amount of pro experience for a QB starting the season on a SB winning team. It might be an uphill battle for him, but it was an uphill battle being a 7th round pick and 3rd on the depth chart a year ago. By all accounts TS works hard, so I hope he can put it all together.

NightTerror218
08-29-2016, 03:42 PM
I heard that Siemian has the least amount of pro experience for a QB starting the season on a SB winning team. It might be an uphill battle for him, but it was an uphill battle being a 7th round pick and 3rd on the depth chart a year ago. By all accounts TS works hard, so I hope he can put it all together.

He just needs to control ball, manage clock, and move chains slowly. Watch turnovers, let defense put him in good field position.

Bronco4ever
08-29-2016, 03:46 PM
He just needs to control ball, manage clock, and move chains slowly. Watch turnovers, let defense put him in good field position.

Agreed. He doesn't need to be a hero, just do his part. I want to see Lynch play, but if he makes it hard for him to get on the field, I think that'd be a good problem to have.

Dapper Dan
08-29-2016, 03:47 PM
Agreed. He doesn't need to be a hero, just do his part. I want to see Lynch play, but if he makes it hard for him to get on the field, I think that'd be a good problem to have.

By not being a hero, he could be our hero.

iLands
08-29-2016, 03:52 PM
I love how he moves in the pocket and how fast his release is. He will mask many offensive line deficiencies.

If you forgot, he took 0 sacks this preseason.

VonDoom
08-29-2016, 03:55 PM
I love how he moves in the pocket and how fast his release is. He will mask many offensive line deficiencies.

Huh, is that right? I didn't even realize that. Holding the ball and taking sacks is one of Lynch's biggest issues right now, and I think it's one of the many reasons why Siemian is starting.

Dapper Dan
08-29-2016, 03:55 PM

I'm pretty sure Brent would have taken 3 sacks before he even came off the bench.

TXBRONC
08-29-2016, 03:56 PM

Somewhere out there MO just kicked two puppies.

dogfish
08-29-2016, 04:01 PM
While nobody should base their opinions on how backup QBs look in meaningless pre-season games against guys who are about ready to start their careers at the loading dock of Office Depot, you're basically right.

Paying Osweiler $64M is a huge gamble for the Texans. It's easy for a QB to do well for 7 games, just like a hitter in baseball can get hot and hit .360 for a month or two, but he's really a .270 lifetime hitter at best and will inevitably revert to form.

But, he was at least a 4 year veteran, even if he didn't start. So, Siemian is a much bigger gamble.

But there are a number of upsides to the Lynch/Siemian situation over Osweiler:

1. Lynch is a more highly regarded prospect than Osweiler. Not even close really. Osweiler was a late 2nd round pick, while Lynch was always going in the 1st round. Thus, it's questionable whether Lynch has worse prospects than Jared Goff or Carson Wenz.

well, it's good to know the scouts weren't all doing him. . . :huh:

MOtorboat
08-29-2016, 04:58 PM
Somewhere out there MO just kicked two puppies.

You have a very exaggerated view on my opinion of Denver's quarterback situation. I didn't really want Sanchez, either, but we were stuck with mediocre, mediocre light and rookie, so I was just hoping we'd get mediocre. I will root for and support Siemian.

CoachChaz
08-29-2016, 05:09 PM
You have a very exaggerated view on my opinion of Denver's quarterback situation. I didn't really want Sanchez, either, but we were stuck with mediocre, mediocre light and rookie, so I was just hoping we'd get mediocre. I will root for and support Siemian.

You sound as excited as I do.

Valar Morghulis
08-29-2016, 05:12 PM
By not being a hero, he could be our hero.

i need a hero

dogfish
08-29-2016, 05:12 PM
You sound as excited as I do.

i would have gone with "thrilled" more than excited. . .

dogfish
08-29-2016, 05:16 PM
i need a hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imi6_doBUVQ

BroncoWave
08-29-2016, 05:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imi6_doBUVQ

Such a great movie!

BroncoJoe
08-29-2016, 05:20 PM
Uh, I guess I am old. I thought of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA4W1Ayd1jE

Valar Morghulis
08-29-2016, 05:23 PM
Uh, I guess I am old. I thought of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA4W1Ayd1jE

that was what i was going for, but hot tub time machine rocks!

Valar Morghulis
08-29-2016, 05:23 PM
that was what i was going for, but hot tub time machine rocks!

and you ARE old

BroncoJoe
08-29-2016, 05:24 PM
and you ARE old

Post reported.

TXBRONC
08-29-2016, 06:21 PM

No, I do not have exaggerated view of your opinion of Denver's quarterback situation. I never said you wouldn't for whomever is starting quarterback. My comment was to poke at you little bit and nothing more.

I Eat Staples
08-29-2016, 06:26 PM
So his head stays attached to his shoulders and he doesn't have PTSD nightmares the night before every game for the rest of his career. And so he actually has more than a few MONTHS to learn the playbook before expected to RUN it. There are many good reasons not to start a top rookie QB; coaches don't routinely go that route just because they like collecting unemployment checks. We don't even know wtf the entire right half of our starting offensive line is right now.

Yeah, it's too bad that Newton, Luck, Wilson, Bortles, Carr, Mariota, and Winston all look like they're completely finished because their teams were dumb enough to start them from day one.

Oh wait...

Dapper Dan
08-29-2016, 06:32 PM
Yeah, it's too bad that Newton, Luck, Wilson, Bortles, Carr, Mariota, and Winston all look like they're completely finished because their teams were dumb enough to start them from day one.

Oh wait...

Don't be a cherry-picking smartass. There are many more failed QBs who started Day One. There's nothing wrong with being cautious. Elway and Kubiak know what the **** they're doing.

aberdien
08-29-2016, 06:37 PM
Lynch is more raw than all of those guys.

Valar Morghulis
08-29-2016, 06:44 PM

Red raw

I Eat Staples
08-29-2016, 06:50 PM
Don't be a cherry-picking smartass. There are many more failed QBs who started Day One. There's nothing wrong with being cautious. Elway and Kubiak know what the **** they're doing.

Did you read the post I replied to? If he's going to be that hyperbolic I don't see anything wrong with pointing out several examples that are contradictory to his stance.

Yes, but so is Siemian. I wouldn't mind starting a veteran over Lynch. I mind starting a talentless QB with no experience over a talented QB with no experience. I'd have started Sanchez, or tried to acquire someone a bit better than him.

TXBRONC
08-29-2016, 07:28 PM
Did you read the post I replied to? If he's going to be that hyperbolic I don't see anything wrong with pointing out several examples that are contradictory to his stance.

Yes, but so is Siemian. I wouldn't mind starting a veteran over Lynch. I mind starting a talentless QB with no experience over a talented QB with no experience. I'd have started Sanchez, or tried to acquire someone a bit better than him.

Yep, Elway and Kubiak suck at evaluating talent.

I Eat Staples
08-29-2016, 08:03 PM
Yep, Elway and Kubiak suck at evaluating talent.

Yeah, that's definitely what I said...

tomjonesrocks
08-29-2016, 08:07 PM
I still kinda can't believe Sanchez couldn't win this job.

I like Siemian's live arm but...is there anything else to like at this stage? I'd agree with the T.J. Yates project comparisons.

Oh well. Last season was magical, and in a year or two I have high hopes for Lynch.

If the Broncos are better than 8-8 under Siemian though I'll be shocked - nothing against the guy.

iLands
08-29-2016, 08:20 PM
I like Siemian's live arm but...is there anything else to like at this stage?

Zero preseason sacks.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2016, 08:29 PM
from article:

While Kubiak based his decision on the past five months, Sanchez didn't play poorly. His past haunted him. Sanchez proved the Broncos' most accurate, completing 20 of 30 passes for 219 yards. However, he threw an interception against the Bears and fumbled twice in the red zone against the 49ers. His turnovers link directly to his resume, fair or not, while Siemian and Lynch receive the benefit of doubt, in part, because of their youth.

rest, plus more than the QB situation - http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/sanchez-in-limbo-as-lynch-set-to-play-vs-cards

tomjonesrocks
08-29-2016, 08:45 PM
from article: rest, plus more than the QB situation - http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/sanchez-in-limbo-as-lynch-set-to-play-vs-cards

Yes

TXBRONC
08-29-2016, 10:17 PM
Yeah, that's definitely what I said...

Pretty much.

TXBRONC
08-29-2016, 10:19 PM
from article:

rest, plus more than the QB situation - http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/sanchez-in-limbo-as-lynch-set-to-play-vs-cards

Three turnovers in two quarters of work isn't good.

MOtorboat
08-29-2016, 10:27 PM
Three turnovers in two quarters of work isn't good.

Two turnovers in four quarters is also not good. So, let us remember, none of Denver's options are very good right now.

TXBRONC
08-29-2016, 10:30 PM
Two turnovers in four quarters is also not good. So, let us remember, none of Denver's options are very good right now.

Ok.

Simple Jaded
08-29-2016, 10:37 PM
I think the biggest issue for Kubes with Sanchez is his pocket awareness. I really think the 2 fumbles played an enormous impact on whether he would be retained or even considered as a starter. Sanchez has been plagued by ball security issues his entire career and i can understand a coach not wanting to deal with that particular problem from a 6-7 year vet.
Fumbles more than Int's has been his bugaboo, it's fitting that he'll always be remembered for the single greatest fumble in the history of ever.

TXBRONC
08-29-2016, 11:01 PM
Fumbles more than Int's has been his bugaboo, it's fitting that he'll always be remembered for the single greatest fumble in the history of ever.

That's because it was the butt ugliest fumble of all time.

Dapper Dan
08-29-2016, 11:04 PM

That's so asinine.

Simple Jaded
08-29-2016, 11:09 PM
He really made an ass of himself.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-29-2016, 11:53 PM
The butt fumble lore has reared it's ugly head.

Joel
08-30-2016, 01:13 AM
and you ARE old
Pfft, ya'll are the ones who entered her in Eurovision, what, just TWO years ago? Maybe next year Sweden can bring back ABBA. ;)

Joel
08-30-2016, 01:25 AM
The idea is not to rush lynch. Naming siemien means to me that lynch will be starting sooner than later.

So glad lynch is not starting against carolina. I think keuchly is going to give siemien a harsh welcone to the nfl. He is best MLB for a reason. He can disect a plan like no other
Not necessarily: If we keep Sanchez he'd still be a satisfactory caretaker if Siemian got hurt or imploded, and the same applies to any vet signed for less if we cut Sanchez. Starting Siemian only accelerates Lynchs time table if 1) we keep ONLY 2 QBs and 2) Siemian's a) hurt or b) awful.

I don't understand that logic, unless the argument's that we don't NEED anyone with starting (or ANY) NFL experience. Spotrac says cutting Sanchez would cost us $1M in dead money, and paying ANY other vet even minimum wage would cost at least as much more. So if we think we don't need a vet Plan B or believe $3.5M can get one better than Sanchez, sure. I'm just very dubious of whether either of those things is true.

Oh wait...
Newton has a decent line (even if it didn't look that way against VonWareWolfe) and so did Wilson when his team won the SB: Now he's joined Luck in the "my ribs and internal organs WISH I had a line" department.

The rest are either rookies or sophomores; VY, RGIII and heaven knows how many others looked great as rookies, too, but let's see where all those guys are in 2-3 years, or 5. The reigning Champs aren't the freakin' Jags or Bucs, trying to give our fans a reason to get out of bed each morning (or to NOT hang themselves.)

Derek Carr is not a valid counter-argument to David Carr: His brother just didn't have THREE 2nd round blockers <30 (plus a 3rd rounder the draftniks convinced me I really wanted last year.)

Northman
08-30-2016, 01:44 AM
I still kinda can't believe Sanchez couldn't win this job.

I like Siemian's live arm but...is there anything else to like at this stage? I'd agree with the T.J. Yates project comparisons.

Oh well. Last season was magical, and in a year or two I have high hopes for Lynch.

If the Broncos are better than 8-8 under Siemian though I'll be shocked - nothing against the guy.

Same.

If you cant succeed here in Denver with the kind of experience that Sanchez has than thats pretty telling. I expected Sanchez to be worlds better than both Siemen and Lynch at this stage so if Trevor is the starter i have no problem with it. Why waste time on a veteran QB who turns the ball over at any given moment and cant solidify the starting job? Sure, a vet to lead the team right now would be great but there just isnt any QB out there for Denver to pick up that would be a major difference. But, we are the SB Champions so im not sweating it. Making the SB 2 out of the last 3 years and getting a ring gives this team a pass for me for a while until they find the right guy to lead the team.

Northman
08-30-2016, 01:47 AM

Yea, his fumble reared its ugly head in that game.

Valar Morghulis
08-30-2016, 02:34 AM
Pfft, ya'll are the ones who entered her in Eurovision, what, just TWO years ago? Maybe next year Sweden can bring back ABBA. ;)

What the **** are you watching eurovision for, that is a total abortion of both music and television!

Joel
08-30-2016, 04:18 AM
What the **** are you watching eurovision for, that is a total abortion of both music and television!
*shrugs* I lived in Norway for 5 years; it was inescapable (especially since they hosted it the year I arrived.) Still: They didn't enter Bonnie Tyler, old timer. ;)

BroncoJoe
08-30-2016, 06:15 AM
Let's all get on the S13mian train!

tomjonesrocks
08-30-2016, 06:19 AM

Really not an imaginable worse opening matchup. Carolina could humiliate Siemian - that should be an interesting game plan. CJ/Booker into 8 in the box on 1st and 2nd, then try Siemian on 3rd and 7 into Carolina's blitz all night?

Valar Morghulis
08-30-2016, 06:24 AM
Really not an imaginable worse opening matchup. Carolina could humiliate Siemian - that should be an interesting game plan. CJ/Booker into 8 in the box on 1st and 2nd, then try Siemian on 3rd and 7 into Carolina's blitz all night?

Siemien will light them up......

slim
08-30-2016, 08:27 AM

Von Miller could also humiliate Cam Newton....again!

Dapper Dan
08-30-2016, 08:46 AM
Von Miller could also humiliate Cam Newton....again!

TXBRONC
08-30-2016, 08:49 AM

It's foolish to assume that Denver's game plan will be based off of what we saw three days ago.

BroncoWave
08-30-2016, 09:40 AM
It's foolish to assume that Denver's game plan will be based off of what we saw three days ago.

I don't think it's foolish at all to assume we will try to run the ball a lot to protect our young QB against a tough defense.

slim
08-30-2016, 09:58 AM
I don't think it's foolish at all to assume we will try to run the ball a lot to protect our young QB against a tough defense.

On a short week with all the starters out....yeah, it's probably the exact same game plan.

I'm sure they are devoting as much time as they can to week 1.

wayninja
08-30-2016, 10:02 AM
Siemien will light them up......

I'm sure he will throw some absolutely gorgeous interceptions.

Dapper Dan
08-30-2016, 10:08 AM

Negative Nancy boy.

TXBRONC
08-30-2016, 10:53 AM

I didn't say Denver wouldn't. I was getting at it being run, run, pass.

TXBRONC
08-30-2016, 10:54 AM
On a short week with all the starters out....yeah, it's probably the exact same game plan.

I'm sure they are devoting as much time as they can to week 1.

TJR was refering to week one of the regular season.

Mike
08-30-2016, 11:14 AM

Interceptions come with the territory. Show me a QB that doesn't throw them. Young QBs will throw more. If the expectations is perfect QB play from a second year player who has taken one regular season snap then it's going to be a rough year for some of you guys.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-30-2016, 11:24 AM
I didn't say Denver wouldn't. I was getting at it being run, run, pass.

I got the impression they did that against the Rams to see how they matched up against the Rams physical front 7.

MOtorboat
08-30-2016, 11:29 AM
Interceptions come with the territory. Show me a QB that doesn't throw them. Young QBs will throw more. If the expectations is perfect QB play from a second year player who has taken one regular season snap then it's going to be a rough year for some of you guys.

This post made me laugh.

:elefant:

Mike
08-30-2016, 11:31 AM
This post made me laugh.

Glad I could give you a chuckle. You always seem like you could use one. :salute:

MOtorboat
08-30-2016, 11:32 AM
Glad I could give you a chuckle. You always seem like you could use one. :salute:

You take me way too seriously.

BroncoWave
08-30-2016, 11:35 AM
This post made me laugh.

If I'm going to have to watch shitty QB play, I'd rather watch it from a young player who at least has a chance to improve than watch it from a 7 year veteran who has plateaued and is all but guaranteed to maintain the same level of shitty play.

MOtorboat
08-30-2016, 11:36 AM
If I'm going to have to watch shitty QB play, I'd rather watch it from a young player who at least has a chance to improve than watch it from a 7 year veteran who has plateaued and is all but guaranteed to maintain the same level of shitty play.

Yeah. I know.

I disagree.

Mike
08-30-2016, 11:37 AM
You take me way too seriously.

Sorry, MO. It's been a rough year for me. I will endeavor to not take you serious anymore. Fresh start? ;)

NightTerror218
08-30-2016, 11:38 AM
Joel, my response to your long winded reaponse to every person who poated. But your response to my post about lynch starting sooner since siemien named started.

I stated that and am more confident kd that since rumor are we are shopping sanchez.

BroncoWave
08-30-2016, 11:38 AM
Yeah. I know.

I disagree.

If only John Elway had listened to me and drafted Dak Prescott we wouldn't be having this debate. :D ;)

MOtorboat
08-30-2016, 11:40 AM
Sorry, MO. It's been a rough year for me. I will endeavor to not take you serious anymore. Fresh start? ;)

:2thumbs:

MOtorboat
08-30-2016, 11:40 AM
If only John Elway had listened to me and drafted Dak Prescott we wouldn't be having this debate. :D ;)

Boom.

slim
08-30-2016, 11:52 AM
Joel, my response to your long winded reaponse to every person who poated. But your response to my post about lynch starting sooner since siemien named started.

I stated that and am more confident kd that since rumor are we are shopping sanchez.

What?

TXBRONC
08-30-2016, 11:59 AM
I got the impression they did that against the Rams to see how they matched up against the Rams physical front 7.

Kubiak said as much in an interview at half time.

TXBRONC
08-30-2016, 12:01 PM
Yeah. I know.

I disagree.

Yeah you would rather watch a guy who has long and storied history mistake prone football. #brilliant

MOtorboat
08-30-2016, 12:08 PM
Yeah you would rather watch a guy who has long and storied history mistake prone football. #brilliant

Careful what you wish for.

Davii
08-30-2016, 12:13 PM
I would have much preferred Sanchez make the choice a no-brainer that he should be our starter. He's been in the league long enough he should've been able to. That there was even a difficult choice to be made is disappointing IMO. I have no choice but to trust that John and Gary are making the best choice, but it's disappointing nonetheless. I was pulling for Mark until Paxton is ready, however I will pray that Trevor makes it obvious that the correct choice has been made.

TXBRONC
08-30-2016, 12:13 PM
Careful what you wish for.

So I should wish for Denver to fail?

MOtorboat
08-30-2016, 12:22 PM
So I should wish for Denver to fail?

I'm just saying, I'd think twice about lecturing me on turnovers in regards to your preference of Siemian as Denver's quarterback.

wayninja
08-30-2016, 12:29 PM

I don't expect perfect play. And to be honest, I'm not really down on Siemian (although my expectations aren't high). I just think he throws a really pretty ball and that will likely translate into really pretty interceptions.

What am I trying to say? I have no ******* idea. It was just off the cuff nonsense.

TXBRONC
08-30-2016, 12:30 PM
I'm just saying, I'd think twice about lecturing me on turnovers in regards to your preference of Siemian as Denver's quarterback.

Lecturing you? lol

You're the one lecturing people on Siemian is going stink.

MOtorboat
08-30-2016, 12:31 PM
Lecturing you? lol

You're the one lecturing people on Siemian is going stink.

Who's been going around the board being an ass and trying to rub it in someone's face that Siemian is starting?

That's not me.

TXBRONC
08-30-2016, 12:44 PM
Who's been going around the board being an ass and trying to rub it in someone's face that Siemian is starting?

That's not me.

I wouldn't say I've been rubbing it in your face. I made one commet to you directly after the fact.

Prior to Kubiak making a decision who was the one being ass by going and telling people to get comfortable with Sanchez being the starting quarterback?

That wasn't me.

MOtorboat
08-30-2016, 12:46 PM
I wouldn't say I've been rubbing it in your face. I made one commet to you directly after the fact.

Prior to Kubiak making a decision who was one being ass by going telling people to comfortable with Sanchez being the starting quarterback?

That wasn't me.

So, I just imagined your little snide comments in the game thread and last night about kicking puppies. Try that second sentence again, I don't know what the hell you're trying to say.

TXBRONC
08-30-2016, 12:49 PM
So, I just imagined your little snide comments in the game thread and last night about kicking puppies. Try that second sentence again, I don't know what the hell you're trying to say.

Or that's right there were comments.

I pretty sure you did understand nevertheless...

Prior to Kubiak making a decision who was the one being ass by going and telling people to get comfortable with Sanchez being the starting quarterback?

MOtorboat
08-30-2016, 12:53 PM
Or that's right there were comments.

I pretty sure you did understand nevertheless...

I stated my opinion and I am surprised they took that route, and was clearly wrong. Is that what you want, ********?

iLands
08-30-2016, 12:55 PM

On two of the ints, Kubiak said that he called the play and target ahead of time and that the ints were on him. They were using the opportunity to determine how he could make throws around the field so the plays and targets were locked on some plays.

In such a situation, the picks aren't really relevant as Simian didn't have agency on the plays.

Contrast that to the fumbles which were just poor situational football.

slim
08-30-2016, 12:57 PM
I hate how Siemian is tearing us apart.

MOtorboat
08-30-2016, 01:00 PM
On two of the ints, Kubiak said that he called the play and target ahead of time and that the ints were on him. They were using the opportunity to determine how he could make throws around the field so the plays and targets were locked on some plays.

In such a situation, the picks aren't really relevant as Simian didn't have agency on the plays.

Why are we excusing the mistakes of one quarterback and not the other? Is it a psychological thing, so we feel better about one quarterback over the other, especially considering that quarterback was picked to start?

Timmy!
08-30-2016, 01:00 PM
I hate how Siemian is tearing us apart.

He's worse than Tebow.

MOtorboat
08-30-2016, 01:01 PM
He's worse than Tebow.

Haha. No.

iLands
08-30-2016, 01:05 PM
Why are we excusing the mistakes of one quarterback and not the other? Is it a psychological thing, so we feel better about one quarterback over the other, especially considering that quarterback was picked to start?

I'm just repeating what Kubes said in the pressers. He said the ints were on him because he called the play and the target. He said it was the preseason for him too.

Davii
08-30-2016, 01:05 PM

I'm willing to bet that was Kubiak protecting his young QB.

MOtorboat
08-30-2016, 01:08 PM
I'm willing to bet that was Kubiak protecting his young QB.

Me too. And he should.

slim
08-30-2016, 01:08 PM
He's worse than Tebow.

Worse at what?

Dapper Dan
08-30-2016, 01:11 PM
Worse at what?

At tearing us apart. Jeezus

Poet
08-30-2016, 01:13 PM
I want Peyton back.

TXBRONC
08-30-2016, 01:14 PM

I think that's Kubiak protecting his quarterback. The first interception was purely a bad read, and the second was a bad call.

Dapper Dan
08-30-2016, 01:15 PM
I want Peyton back.

He's in a better place now.

slim
08-30-2016, 01:16 PM

Please, call me Slim.

Dapper Dan
08-30-2016, 01:17 PM
Please, call me Slim.

Surely you can't be serious.

The Glue Factory
08-30-2016, 02:32 PM
Surely you can't be serious.

Yes I am. And don't call me Shirley.

NightTerror218
08-30-2016, 02:34 PM
All Oz's fault.....damn cry baby had to leave because he was butt hurt

LawDog
08-30-2016, 02:35 PM
Interesting read...

http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/102513/qa-northwestern-qb-trevor-siemian

Mike
08-30-2016, 02:38 PM

Human nature? You see the same thing in the P&R section.

Besides that, I am willing to accept it out of a young QB. If he is in year 7 and is committing the same mistakes then I would be equally as critical. I expect rookie type mistakes out of a rookie type QB, not rookie type play out of a 7 year vet.

TXBRONC
08-30-2016, 04:38 PM
Human nature? You see the same thing in the P&R section.

Besides that, I am willing to accept it out of a young QB. If he is in year 7 and is committing the same mistakes then I would be equally as critical. I expect rookie type mistakes out of a rookie type QB, not rookie type play out of a 7 year vet.

I figure he's going to make some mistakes but hopefully he's able limit them at the same time make some plays.

wayninja
08-30-2016, 04:48 PM

So, then he tears us apart less? Since he's worse at it? We have Siemien Circus?

I'm confused.

Poet
08-30-2016, 05:01 PM
So, then he tears us apart less? Since he's worse at it? We have Siemien Circus?

I'm confused.

He is paradoxical. #feelthepower

dogfish
08-30-2016, 08:44 PM

I'm confused.

don't fight the confusion. . . revel in it!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-30-2016, 10:37 PM
I want Peyton back.

And french fries.

dogfish
08-30-2016, 11:45 PM
And french fries.

preferably bacon cheddar ranch fries. . . they just discontinued them at good times. . .

slim
08-31-2016, 08:26 AM
preferably bacon cheddar ranch fries. . . they just discontinued them at good times. . .

Those mother******s!

BroncoJoe
08-31-2016, 09:34 AM
Maybe MO will warm up to Siemian now!

He is a huge Dave Matthews fan

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/08/29/trevor-siemian-denver-broncos-quarterback-northwestern-wildcats

NightTrainLayne
08-31-2016, 11:46 AM

I know this was a big plus for me! :D

Although, I can't agree at all with his favorite DMB song. . .

slim
08-31-2016, 11:48 AM

Yeah, MO and NTL love him now while the rest of us hate him....HATE!

Timmy!
08-31-2016, 11:48 AM

I'm starting to dislike this kid.......

wayninja
08-31-2016, 12:29 PM
Every time I see a still presser photo of him, I just see Andy from the office..

http://cdnph.upi.com/sv/b/upi/UPI-6751468267152/2016/1/38a59d40f58823a69f8aa47645b87513/Trevor-Siemian-has-shot-to-start-for-Denver-Broncos.jpg

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Andy-andy-bernard-343695_400_225.jpg

MOtorboat
08-31-2016, 12:47 PM

Clearly, he is an intelligent young man.

dogfish
08-31-2016, 01:49 PM
Those mother******s!

i know, right?

slim
08-31-2016, 04:41 PM
i know, right?

I will be sitting down for the national anthem until this injustice is rectified.

Davii
08-31-2016, 07:48 PM
I will be sitting down for the national anthem until this injustice is rectified.

So just like when you pee!

Dapper Dan
09-09-2016, 07:38 AM
That's my quarterback!

TXBRONC
09-10-2016, 02:20 PM
I look forward to seeing what he does against the Colts. Where Denver is really going to find out what they have in Siemian is still a few weeks down the road after there is more tape on him for opponents to look at.

Joel
09-11-2016, 08:10 AM
Every time I see a still presser photo of him, I just see Andy from the office..

http://cdnph.upi.com/sv/b/upi/UPI-6751468267152/2016/1/38a59d40f58823a69f8aa47645b87513/Trevor-Siemian-has-shot-to-start-for-Denver-Broncos.jpg

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Andy-andy-bernard-343695_400_225.jpg
Could be worse: Every photo I see of Lynch looks like this (http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Eldoth) guy. "That's what I love about dating the nobilitys daughters: I get older, and they stay the saaaame age, yes, they do, heh, heh, heh." :uh:

Simple Jaded
09-11-2016, 05:41 PM
Smgdh.

ShaneFalco
09-11-2016, 06:20 PM
I believe in trevor siemian. he will do great things in gotham

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-11-2016, 06:46 PM
I believe in trevor siemian. he will do great things in gotham
Will he turn into 2 face and go play for a division rival in 2 - 3 years?

Joel
09-11-2016, 06:53 PM
No, you're thinking of Brent. ;)

ShaneFalco
09-11-2016, 07:04 PM

maybe in the next sequel

Dapper Dan
10-09-2016, 10:24 PM
Get well soon.

Northman
10-10-2016, 11:37 AM
https://scontent.fphl2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14520398_1584267855213593_6613898769382793630_n.jp g?oh=ff9b4f5d6aff1be4229b249f7a35cfdf&oe=589CBB98