PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to play the 53 game?

iLands
08-24-2016, 11:31 AM
I know everyone won't agree. That's why we play the game.

I'm at 51 with two to spare - I'm thinking they'd be O and D line depth or a TE, but who knows.

So play the game and guess along with me.

Stephenson
Weems
Paradis
Garcia
Ty
Okung
Schofield
McGovern

DT
Sanders
Latimer
Fowler
Raymond
Norwood

CJ
Hillman
Booker
Jano
Juwaan

Virgil
Huehue

Simian
Sanchez
Paxton

McManus
Long snapper
Punter

Sly
Kilgo

Melton

Crick
Wolfe
Goatsis

Ware
Von
Varra
Ray
Shaq

Marshall
Anderson
Davis
Corey Nelson

CHJ
Roby
Talib
Doss
Webster

Stewart
Ward
Simmons
Parks

TXBRONC
08-24-2016, 11:47 AM
I have a couple of changes from your list and two to add.

For running backs it could be Bibbs over Thompson and "Sonshine" Taylor over Norwood.

The additions would be Dakota Watson OLB and Day the center from MSU.

I could see Kalif Raymond, or the kid out Oregon making the team.

slim
08-24-2016, 12:29 PM
Neither Hillman nor Juwan are going to make this team.

BroncoJoe
08-24-2016, 12:34 PM
Neither Hillman nor Juwan are going to make this team.

Nice use of "nor" in that sentence.

slim
08-24-2016, 12:36 PM
Nice use of "nor" in that sentence.

Did I use it correctly?

I can never remember when you're supposed to use it!

BroncoJoe
08-24-2016, 12:45 PM
Did I use it correctly?

I have no idea, but I'm sure MO will come in and give his expert opinion.

I just like seeing that word. It's not used enough IMO.

iLands
08-24-2016, 12:51 PM
I think both will. I know it is an unpopular opinion.

slim
08-24-2016, 12:54 PM
I think both will. I know it is an unpopular opinion.

My understanding is neither one is getting any reps at practice now.

Maybe that doesn't mean as much as I think, but it sure seems like they are in trouble.

MOtorboat
08-24-2016, 01:01 PM
Did I use it correctly?

No. You wrote a double negative.

BroncoWave
08-24-2016, 01:09 PM

No, "neither/nor" is correct. When using that phrase, it either has to be "either/or" or "neither/nor". Either one is fine, but you aren't supposed to mix them, at least from what I understand.

http://thewritepractice.com/how-to-use-either-neither-or-and-nor-correctly/

NightTerror218
08-24-2016, 01:10 PM
I d9nt thi k we will roll withbonly 2 DTs on the team i think peko could make team

NightTerror218
08-24-2016, 01:10 PM
No sombrailo? He will not be cut after 1 season, and a 2nd rounder as well.

slim
08-24-2016, 01:54 PM
No, "neither/nor" is correct. When using that phrase, it either has to be "either/or" or "neither/nor". Either one is fine, but you aren't supposed to mix them, at least from what I understand.

http://thewritepractice.com/how-to-use-either-neither-or-and-nor-correctly/

Oh snap!

BroncoWave
08-24-2016, 01:56 PM
Oh snap!

Take a victory lap, slim! You have bested MO when it comes to grammar!

slim
08-24-2016, 01:57 PM
Take a victory lap, slim! You have bested MO when it comes to grammar!

It seems to me like we have both bested MO. Or you could say that neither MO nor Grammar has bested us!

:highfive:

BroncoWave
08-24-2016, 01:58 PM
It seems to me like we have both bested MO.

:highfive:

He sorry.

iLands
08-24-2016, 02:41 PM
On Sambrailo:

I put him in as Ty. I give some of the players dumb nicknames with no rhyme or reason or well, but that's what I call them all in person as well. *shrug*

I have Norwood in because he's been running with the 1s some. I think they haven't been using him on punts and kicks because he's already made the team and they know what he can do in that capacity.

slim
08-24-2016, 03:08 PM
I don't think calling someone by their first name counts as a nickname

MOtorboat
08-24-2016, 03:33 PM
Well shit. I'm taking the rest of the day off. I'll be here all week, though.

iLands
08-24-2016, 04:01 PM
I don't think calling someone by their first name counts as a nickname

That was in reference to things like Goatsis since someone said I missed Sambrailo for putting Ty. ;)

Joel
08-25-2016, 03:07 AM
I have no idea, but I'm sure MO will come in and give his expert opinion.

I just like seeing that word. It's not used enough IMO.
That's what you get for not reading my posts (and yes, it was used correctly in the sentence.)

Yet: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/neither_fish_nor_fowl

For what it's worth, that's a nice looking 53. I'd still like to keep Taylor, but evidently folks able to see camp and preseason games also see something in Raymond (or is he just this years Bibbsley van Pelt?)

dogfish
08-25-2016, 10:48 AM
if that's 51, i'd probably add billy winn, and a third TE yet to be named. . . i also see sunshine taylor over raymond, probably bibbs over hillman, and dekoda watson over dora or nelson. . .

slim
08-25-2016, 01:40 PM
if that's 51, i'd probably add billy winn, and a third TE yet to be named. . . i also see sunshine taylor over raymond, probably bibbs over hillman, and dekoda watson over dora or nelson. . .

Next time try to use nor instead of or.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

dogfish
08-25-2016, 01:49 PM
Next time try to use nor instead of or.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

:slimgator:

Simple Jaded
08-27-2016, 11:30 AM
QB -- Siemian, Lynch, Stave

RB -- CJ Anderson, Booker, Karlos Williams
FB -- Janovich

WR -- Sanders, Latimer, Norwood
WR -- DT, Fowler, Justin Hunter

TE -- Green, Phillips, Heuerman

RT -- Stephenson, Sampro
RG -- Schofield, Weems
C --- Paradis
LG -- Garcia, McGovern
LT -- Okung, Beatty (if Sampro starts season on PUP)

RDE -- Wolfe, Melton, Cornelius Washington
NT --- Sylliams, Kilgo
LDE -- Crick, Gotsis, Winn

ROLB -- Ray, Ware, Howard Jones
WILB -- Marshall, Nelson, Anderson
SILB -- Davis, Watson
LOLB -- Miller, Barrett

RCB -- Harris, Roby, Webster
FS -- Stewart, Simmons
SS -- Ward, Parks
LBC -- Talib, Doss

PK -- McManus
P --- Colquitt
LS -- Krieter

Joel
08-28-2016, 01:03 AM
I'll bite:

1) Who is Karlos Williams, and why should we keep him instead of a good STer who'd also be the only backup FB for our two-back offense?
2) Why Justin Hunter instead of Jordan Taylor? Two hard to keep track of which Jordan is which?

Not a challenge, sincere questions.

MOtorboat
08-28-2016, 01:07 AM
I'll bite:

1) Who is Karlos Williams, and why should we keep him instead of a good STer who'd also be the only backup FB for our two-back offense?
2) Why Justin Hunter instead of Jordan Taylor? Two hard to keep track of which Jordan is which?

Not a challenge, sincere questions.

Karlos Williams is a running back from Florida State.

Edit: wasn't there a Karlos or Carlos Williams from Auburn? I'm going to stop posting in this thread.

Joel
08-28-2016, 01:28 AM
Karlos Williams is a running back from Florida State.

Edit: wasn't there a Karlos or Carlos Williams from Auburn? I'm going to stop posting in this thread.
Hey, at least you can name two college football players: I never know a thing about ANY of them till Draft Day.

Simple Jaded
08-28-2016, 02:25 AM
Karlos Williams is the RB from FSU that belongs in a ZBS, bigger/stronger/faster than Thompson, he's a great athlete who can play RB and FB, pass pro and is also a ST's standout. Scored 9 TD's as a rookie but was cut because he's fat.

Think Juwan Thompson but much, much better.

I picked Justin Hunter because I believe the Titans will cut him and I think Taylor is utterly ******* overrated. He's also a good STer.

Same with Cornelius Washington and Jones, I'm hoping they get released, perfect for this defense.

Beatty is still unsigned and has starter experience, far better than Kyle Roberts.

Joel
08-28-2016, 03:00 AM
Fair enough; I admit still crushing on Thompson because his rookie TC line about being a runner who likes to hit tacklers pretty much paraphrased a famous Jim Brown quote. That said, as appealing as the trait is in a bruising runner, it's even more appealing in a bruising BLOCKER. While it makes sense a guy whose college team cut him because he was too fat would be BIGGER than Thompson, it's harder to see how that translates to stronger, much less FASTER, but I'll wait and see.

As for Beatty: If he's healthy he'd be a large immediate improvement over pretty much anyone but Okung, but that seems like a huge "if" at this point.

Simple Jaded
08-28-2016, 03:02 AM
Williams was cut by the Bills for being fat, he was a rookie last year. He played last year at 230, bigger than Thompson before the baby weight.

Joel
08-28-2016, 03:09 AM
Williams was cut by the Bills for being fat, he was a rookie last year. He played last year at 230, bigger than Thompson before the baby weight.
Ah, first NFL team, not college team. We're still talking all of 5 lb. of "bigger." And Williams is 6'1" to Thompsons 5'11", so he may be HEAVIER, but Thompson's DENSER. As in "which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of lead?" They both weigh the same, but I know which one I'd rather have smack me in the chest.

Timmy!
08-28-2016, 03:57 AM
So....when bibbs get cut will UR cry? Place your bets.....

TXBRONC
08-28-2016, 07:13 AM

I think he will need to be placed on suicide watch.

slim
08-28-2016, 10:36 AM

Cry? No.

Whine and spam the board? Yes.

Timmy!
08-28-2016, 01:11 PM
Cry? No.

Whine and spam the board? Yes.

Well, in his defense, Bibbs has the same amount of nfl yards as me......and I'm pretty awesome, so he's got that going for him.

Valar Morghulis
08-28-2016, 05:20 PM
Is karlos Williams not a buffalo bill

slim
08-28-2016, 05:58 PM
Is karlos Williams not a buffalo bill

No, just another unemployed loser!

MOtorboat
08-28-2016, 06:01 PM
No, just another unemployed loser!

Thanks Obama.

slim
08-28-2016, 06:02 PM
Thanks Obama.

At least he can get paid for all those crimes he doesn't commit!

Simple Jaded
08-28-2016, 06:19 PM
Ah, first NFL team, not college team. We're still talking all of 5 lb. of "bigger." And Williams is 6'1" to Thompsons 5'11", so he may be HEAVIER, but Thompson's DENSER. As in "which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of lead?" They both weigh the same, but I know which one I'd rather have smack me in the chest.

I'm guessing Thompson, cause he sucks.

TXBRONC
08-28-2016, 08:05 PM

I don't know if he sucks. I just don't see any room for him on the roster.

Joel
08-29-2016, 04:27 AM
Put it another way: It's easier to drive a nail into wood than drive a washer. Meh. While Williams is slightly heavier (at least officially) he should have a slightly longer stride—but even if Buffalo released him we're unlikely to sign him (especially without cutting Thompson first) so we'll probably never see them run side by side. For a FB, I'd prefer a bowling bawl to a wounded giraffe, but that's just me. ;)

Simple Jaded
08-29-2016, 11:26 PM
You've never heard of Karlos Williams, you admit you know nothing about him, yet you still can't Stfup for once. We're talking about a dude you've never heard of making a position switch that your guy still hasn't proved he can make himself.

Joel
08-30-2016, 01:49 AM
You've never heard of Karlos Williams, you admit you know nothing about him, yet you still can't Stfup for once. We're talking about a dude you've never heard of making a position switch that your guy still hasn't proved he can make himself.
Like I say, I prefer thick lead blockers to lanky ones, but that's just me, and the chances we ever see them side-by-side are minuscule, so: Meh.

TXBRONC
08-30-2016, 09:12 AM
Like I say, I prefer thick lead blockers to lanky ones, but that's just me, and the chances we ever see them side-by-side are minuscule, so: Meh.

Denver is only going keep one fullback on the roster.

nevcraw
08-30-2016, 11:25 AM
I think Ronnie stays and bibbs goes. Kubes loves him some Ronnie... I see sunshine making it and Norwood beats out the pups as lead return and he's starting slot. Defense pretty easy. Wonder about DE though.. After crick, Ausie and Wolfe have no idea. Melton seems like they would keep him for depth and experience.
Whatever OLB they cut will start for another team for sure. Whoever scouts that position needs a raise.

TXBRONC
08-30-2016, 01:33 PM
I think Ronnie stays and bibbs goes. Kubes loves him some Ronnie... I see sunshine making it and Norwood beats out the pups as lead return and he's starting slot. Defense pretty easy. Wonder about DE though.. After crick, Ausie and Wolfe have no idea. Melton seems like they would keep him for depth and experience.
Whatever OLB they cut will start for another team for sure. Whoever scouts that position needs a raise.

Yeah I can't see them cutting Melton. I think Hillman will stay instead of Bibbs. I think Thompson is gone because I just can't Denver keeping more than one fullback. I wonder how many tight ends they'll keep outside the top two. I think it's entirely possible Denver only keeps five wide receivers.