PDA

View Full Version : Good-Bye Sanchez

Ziggy
08-22-2016, 06:50 PM
There's no way Elway keeps Mark Sanchez on the roster for 5 million to be this team's 3rd string QB. Kubes hasn't said who will play 2nd on Saturday night, but my money is on Paxton. Siemian is getting every chance to be the starting QB week one. All he has to do this week is take care of the ball and move the offense. He will be playing with the first team the entire time he's in.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sanchez gets cut before opening day. I think there's a 50/50 chance that he gets cut after this 3rd preseason game. The only way I see him sticking around is if Siemian flat out chokes this Saturday, or either him or Paxton get hurt. It was a nice thought to bring him in as a stopgap while Paxton develops. Unfortunately, he came in and showed us that he's the same Mark Sanchez that he's always been......a ball security nightmare. That's the one thing that Kubes won't tolerate.

See ya Sanchez!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-22-2016, 06:56 PM
I don't see us rolling with 2 qb's with no game experience

NightTerror218
08-22-2016, 06:57 PM
We will have 3 QBs going into season, sanchez or no sanchez. There will be a vet on roster

DenBronx
08-22-2016, 07:01 PM
We really need to see Paxton with the 1s before any decisions can be made.

And once you play the rookie, there is no turning back.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-22-2016, 07:03 PM
Let's play "what if". Trevor is 24 yrs old. Paxton is 22 yrs old. If Trevor does end up being the starter, and plays lights out, and remains the starter in coming years, how long will Paxton want to sit on the bench? This is not the age difference that it was between The Sheriff and OZ.

nevcraw
08-22-2016, 07:17 PM
Let's play "what if". Trevor is 24 yrs old. Paxton is 22 yrs old. If Trevor does end up being the starter, and plays lights out, and remains the starter in coming years, how long will Paxton want to sit on the bench? This is not the age difference that it was between The Sheriff and OZ.

I call that a good problem to have... We could only be so lucky. Paxton has 5 years on his contract - not going anywhere.

nevcraw
08-22-2016, 07:20 PM
My what if is --- wish they had taken a run at Matt hasselback to keep him from retiring. He played very well last year in Indy and could have run this offense with no issue given his time with Holmgren.

BroncoWave
08-22-2016, 07:38 PM
Definitely seems like Siemian has the inside track to start week 1 unless he really shits the bed this weekened. I don't think we'll cut Sanchez though. We still need a veteran backup, and better him than someone who would come in not knowing the system or any of our WRs.

TXBRONC
08-22-2016, 07:56 PM

If they do let him go they'll bring in another veteran quarterback.

TXBRONC
08-22-2016, 07:59 PM

If that were to happen one of them would eventually be traded.

BroncoWave
08-22-2016, 08:00 PM
If that were to happen one of them would eventually be traded.

We would almost definitely trade Siemian, unless he plays at a Pro Bowl level. We used a first rounder on Lynch for him to be the future. Siemain would have to really surpass everyone's wildest expectations for us to keep him and get rid of Lynch.

TXBRONC
08-22-2016, 08:10 PM
We would almost definitely trade Siemian, unless he plays at a Pro Bowl level. We used a first rounder on Lynch for him to be the future. Siemain would have to really surpass everyone's wildest expectations for us to keep him and get rid of Lynch.

I agree, Siemian would have had play at such a level it would be crazy to remove him. If Siemian is just competent starter his trade value will sky rocket.

BroncoWave
08-22-2016, 08:13 PM
I agree, Siemian would have had play at such a level it would be crazy to remove him. If Siemian is just competent starter his trade value will sky rocket.

That would really be our best case scenario. Siemian starts, plays pretty well this year, Lynch can have a year to learn, then we can trade Siemian for a mid round pick or something and let Lynch take over the team next season.

It's also really ****ing annoying to try to remember how to spell Siemian's name correctly every time I type it, so I really wouldn't mind getting rid of him. :D

TXBRONC
08-22-2016, 08:21 PM
That would really be our best case scenario. Siemian starts, plays pretty well this year, Lynch can have a year to learn, then we can trade Siemian for a mid round pick or something and let Lynch take over the team next season.

It's also really ****ing annoying to try to remember how to spell Siemian's name correctly every time I type it, so I really wouldn't mind getting rid of him. :D

Shoot, with the right set of circumstances Denver might be able to do better than a mid-round pick.

Dzone
08-22-2016, 08:27 PM
Nobody puts himself down better in postgame interviews than Mark Sanchez.

tomjonesrocks
08-22-2016, 08:47 PM
Nobody puts himself down better in postgame interviews than Mark Sanchez.

I liked his candor. It was un-Sam Bradford-like.

He's not a bad dude, he's just not a very good NFL QB. He's still very, very rich though so there's that.

I don't find much reason to celebrate his exit, should it occur per se. I don't get the impression he's a slug not making an effort, he just can't do the job well.

VonDoom
08-22-2016, 09:45 PM
Definitely seems like Siemian has the inside track to start week 1 unless he really shits the bed this weekened. I don't think we'll cut Sanchez though. We still need a veteran backup, and better him than someone who would come in not knowing the system or any of our WRs.

This is where I'm at. I said in the game thread sometime after the second fumble that Sanchez was playing himself out of a job, and it sure seems like that's what's happening. He would be the odd man out, because I assume Kubiak wants Siemian to have a chance for at least part of the season and if he's tanking and Lynch looks better in practice every week, he would be the guy to go to, not Sanchez.

That being said, I agree with Wave. First, if Siemian were to get injured and Lynch ISN'T ready, we're back to square one. Any QB that comes in now would have to have time to learn the system and I don't really see them being better than Sanchez. $4.5 million is a perfectly reasonable amount to spend on a veteran backup QB, which is what Sanchez was when we traded for him. He seems like a good guy, and he's probably good to have around in the locker room, even if the biggest role he plays this year is mentor.

Simple Jaded
08-22-2016, 09:57 PM

I think the better Siemian plays the more likely it is you get rid of him, otherwise you're looking at paying Top 5 QB money for Sam Bradford with the way the QB market is so obscenely perverted.

Siemian is TJ Yates with a better arm, Kubiak gets a boner out of pets like this, but they come with diminishing returns.

DenBronx
08-22-2016, 09:58 PM
I really like Sanchez. He owns his mistakes and has the leadership qualities you want to have at QB. The problem is he isn't a good QB. All I was hoping to see from him is to be a game manager. If you can't at LEAST do that PLUS turn the ball over then I don't see you lasting long here in Denver.

Hopefully Siemian doesn't do what he did last week on a consistent basis. QBs are going to get turnovers in this league. It's just going to happen whether we like it or not but they have to minimize those mistakes. Legwold is already saying the Broncos will start Trevor next week so he'll at least get another shot.

Didn't Big Ben and Russell Wilson start their rookie years? If Goff and Wentz get thrown into the fire then what's stopping us from giving Lynch a shot? Mentally he is no Ryan Leaf....so I think he can handle it. He's a big dude that can toss around defenders like ragdolls, has a canon arm and I believe Lynch will be just fine.

TXBRONC
08-22-2016, 09:59 PM
This is where I'm at. I said in the game thread sometime after the second fumble that Sanchez was playing himself out of a job, and it sure seems like that's what's happening. He would be the odd man out, because I assume Kubiak wants Siemian to have a chance for at least part of the season and if he's tanking and Lynch looks better in practice every week, he would be the guy to go to, not Sanchez.

That being said, I agree with Wave. First, if Siemian were to get injured and Lynch ISN'T ready, we're back to square one. Any QB that comes in now would have to have time to learn the system and I don't really see them being better than Sanchez. $4.5 million is a perfectly reasonable amount to spend on a veteran backup QB, which is what Sanchez was when we traded for him. He seems like a good guy, and he's probably good to have around in the locker room, even if the biggest role he plays this year is mentor.

If Christian Ponder is released by the 49ers which seems highly likely Denver could pick him up. Since he did have brief stay in Denver before it wouldn't be quite back to square one. Ultimately it's Elway's decision to make but if Kubiak isn't comfortable with letting Sanchez then I doubt Elway would send Sanchez packing.

OrangeHoof
08-23-2016, 12:55 AM
And he's single. A lot of chicks will take a millionaire QB who wets the bed when pass rush is on.

MOtorboat
08-23-2016, 12:57 AM
What happens when he's starting?

ShaneFalco
08-23-2016, 01:32 AM
Tebow Time.

FanInAZ
08-23-2016, 01:41 AM
Tebow Time.

This is "Broncos Talk," not "MLB" :welcome:

Joel
08-23-2016, 01:42 AM
Fer reals, and I couldn't get behind the idea of throwing Lynch to the wolves when we KNOW our line's bad even if Kubiak hadn't pretty much said he doesn't like that idea either. If we weren't in "Win NOW1eleven1" mode before winning a SB, why on Earth should we be there as reigning world champs?

All good points, but especially the monetary one: $4.5M with NO dead money in 2017 is peanuts for any vet starter, but a guy who's won PLAYOFF games against the likes of Manning and Brady? Many very good QBs can't say they've beaten both in January (ask Philip Rivers—whom Sanchez ALSO beat in the playoffs.) Sure, we can say (with more than ample fairness) that was more Sanchez' D than Sanchez, but: Have you looked at our roster?

TXBRONC
08-23-2016, 06:45 AM
What happens when he's starting?

The exact same thing that will happen if he's starter we roll with it. That said, if he was going to be the starter why Siemian going to start game three?

atwater27
08-23-2016, 08:31 AM
Grow some balls and start Paxton Lynch. Lean on the D and coach him up, hell come olong fine and most likely surprise. Dude already has the best arm since Cutler and the best mobility since a young Elway. He can't play any worse than Manning did(at least in the regular season)

7DnBrnc53
08-23-2016, 08:50 AM
Grow some balls and start Paxton Lynch. Lean on the D and coach him up, hell come olong fine and most likely surprise. Dude already has the best arm since Cutler and the best mobility since a young Elway. He can't play any worse than Manning did(at least in the regular season)

I don't think he will start in September. I have a feeling that they will give Siemian the ball next month, and Sanchez will be cut.

However, in October, Lynch may be making his debut, and I think he will do fine.

In April, Mike Evans (on 104.3 The Fan) was leery of taking Lynch, thinking it would be a reach, and comparing it to the 2011 fail drafts of Locker, Gabbert, and Ponder. However, that is a bad comparison.

Lynch was taken right where he should have been, and those guys were severe reaches. Locker and Gabbert should have been taken in the late second to early third round, and Ponder should have been a fifth-rounder (Tyrod Taylor should have been taken ahead of him). Lynch is a better QB than those guys (and he is better than anyone that came out in 2011 not named Cam Newton).

CoachChaz
08-23-2016, 08:58 AM

This is where I'm at. Let the rookie play and learn from mistakes. If one of our QB's is going to throw 20 interceptions, I prefer it be the guy that is projected to actually be here 5 years from now, so that he can learn and develop sooner rather than later.

Ravage!!!
08-23-2016, 09:13 AM
You can ruin a rookie just as easily as you can 'groom' him by throwing him to the wolves.

Ravage!!!
08-23-2016, 09:15 AM

So you think the best case scenario would be for the Broncos to find a competent starter, and trade him for a "maybe" that couldnt beat him out...purely based on draft position?

BroncoWave
08-23-2016, 09:22 AM
So you think the best case scenario would be for the Broncos to find a competent starter, and trade him for a "maybe" that couldnt beat him out...purely based on draft position?

This is a pretty horrible take. If Siemian only shows to be a "competent" starter, but nothing overly special, there is absolutely no way you keep him over Lynch, unless the coaches just see in practice that Lynch is a total bust. It's completely unfair to say that Lynch "couldn't beat" Siemian since the coaches really haven't given Lynch too many chances to do so yet. They are easing him in slowly and not rushing him to be the starter. That doesn't mean he's not far more talented, that's just the process the coaches have chosen to take, and it's not exactly an uncommon one.

Northman
08-23-2016, 10:31 AM
You can ruin a rookie just as easily as you can 'groom' him by throwing him to the wolves.

In some cases yes but i have faith that Elway and crew know what they are doing and if posed with the idea of starting Lynch they would do everything in their power to make him succeed.

BroncoJoe
08-23-2016, 10:40 AM
In some cases yes but i have faith that Elway and crew know what they are doing and if posed with the idea of starting Lynch they would do everything in their power to make him succeed.

Exactly. Plus, normally a 1st round QB goes to a franchise that sucks. Of course they'll struggle. It's a completely different scenario with the Broncos.

broncofaninfla
08-23-2016, 12:52 PM
Siemian and Lynch both need more reps to grow and reach their potential. Both offer far more upside than Sanchez. Right now Siemian knows the offense best and has been the best QB so far. I don't see much value in keeping Sanchez other than being a veteran and that hasn't equated to much so far. This third game will be HUGE to see which young QB will be getting the reps they'll need to develop into the next starting QB for the Denver Broncos.

broncofaninfla
08-23-2016, 01:38 PM
Just saw Klis is reporting that Siemian isn't throwing today, shoulder injury from the missed tackle Saturday.

NightTerror218
08-23-2016, 01:42 PM
Just saw Klis is reporting that Siemian isn't throwing today, shoulder injury from the missed tackle Saturday.

And lynch running 2nd team ecen though siemien has a 1st.

BroncoWave
08-23-2016, 01:45 PM
It's just not even worth it for an offensive player to try to make a tackle in the preseason off a turnover. Unless you can easily push them out of bounds, just let them go.

Davii
08-23-2016, 03:04 PM
It's just not even worth it for an offensive player to try to make a tackle in the preseason off a turnover. Unless you can easily push them out of bounds, just let them go.

Easy to say, but when you're a young guy competing for a starting QB spot.... Completely different in practice than in theory.

NightTrainLayne
08-23-2016, 03:46 PM
Based on Lynch's reported outing against the #1's today (3 picks, 2 pick-6's, 1 almost-pick-6), I think that Sanchez will not be going anywhere.

Davii
08-23-2016, 03:54 PM
Based on Lynch's reported outing against the #1's today (3 picks, 2 pick-6's, 1 almost-pick-6), I think that Sanchez will not be going anywhere.

Hmmmmm.... That doesn't sound good. So, to put some positive spin on this could we say he threw two TDs to Bronco players?

NightTrainLayne
08-23-2016, 03:58 PM
Hmmmmm.... That doesn't sound good. So, to put some positive spin on this could we say he threw two TDs to Bronco players?

Yes! Would have been 3 if not for DT knocking the ball loose just before the end zone. :D

It's just one day of practice, but I don't think $4.5 million and a 7th rounder is much for actual in-game, and playoff experience.

slim
08-23-2016, 04:20 PM

And I thought I was having a bad day at the office....

Northman
08-23-2016, 04:55 PM

If thats the case, that isnt bad but downright HORRIBLE.

Davii
08-23-2016, 05:30 PM
Yes! Would have been 3 if not for DT knocking the ball loose just before the end zone. :D

It's just one day of practice, but I don't think $4.5 million and a 7th rounder is much for actual in-game, and playoff experience.

Agreed on Sanchez. I heard on Lynch the interceptions weren't a big deal. Apparently, and this was on the radio ten mins ago, the interceptions were on plays where Lynch was told where he was throwing the ball and the D knew the play,etc. Apparently in 7 on 7 drills he went 6 for 7 with one miss to Sanders

TXBRONC
08-23-2016, 05:42 PM

Why would you keep a guy just competent over the guy who was drafted to be the franchise quarterback. Given the situation as we have it here no I wouldn't say Siemian has "beat out" Lynch. In fact, camp reports have the three quarterbacks being about even. Now if Lynch whom many say is very raw is this close Siemian then yes damn right I would go with him over Siemian.

stevo
08-23-2016, 06:03 PM
I heard on 104.3 that 2 of the picks came when he was running the scout team.Did well with the Denver O

VonDoom
08-23-2016, 06:15 PM
I heard on 104.3 that 2 of the picks came when he was running the scout team.Did well with the Denver O

Have you been lurking for seven years??? Must be some kind of record!

To your point, I heard the same thing. Lots of information gets thrown around this time of year and it's hard to know what's true unless you're there

NightTerror218
08-23-2016, 06:59 PM

He also threw several TDs as well to sanders and TD.

mention it was starting D who picked him off after he switched to running scout team

TXBRONC
08-23-2016, 07:03 PM
He also threw several TDs as well to sanders and TD.

mention it was starting D who picked him off after he switched to running scout team

You mean DT right?

NightTerror218
08-23-2016, 09:46 PM
You mean DT right?

Damn auto correct.

TD came out of retirement, didnt you hear.

DenBronx
08-23-2016, 09:52 PM

That's not good.

Can we convince Brett Favre to unretire?

MOtorboat
08-23-2016, 09:58 PM
So everyone turns the ball over and one of them is hurt. This seems to be going splendidly.

BroncoWave
08-23-2016, 10:11 PM
So everyone turns the ball over and one of them is hurt. This seems to be going splendidly.

But remember, the QB play can't POSSIBLY be worse than last year. I think some people are going to realize this season how important the leadership/mental aspect Manning brought to the team was. There is clearly a huge void in that department from last year to now.

Joel
08-24-2016, 01:41 AM
Next you'll be calling our line "Swiss cheese."

So I found out last week one of the guys at work's a Raiders fan, and started this conversation with him today:

"Who do you think'll win the division this year?"

"*laughs" We will!"

"You may be right."

"You guys need to find yourselves a QB."

"I think we have, it'll just take a year or two."

"Your line needs a lot of work, too."

"Well, that's the thing; ya'lls QB is pretty good, but so was his brother—until he got sacked 200 times in 4 years [it was actually 208 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CarrDa00.htm), but who's counting?]"

"Yeah, gotta have protection."

If you want to PERMANENTLY shatter a talented rookies confidence, let a dozen pass rushes shatter his body for a year, while DBs make a good living off his desperate, blind back-footed throws. It doesn't always lead to David Carr: Sometimes it leads to frantic pick machines like Jake Plummer, or deer in the headlights like Brian Griese, or porcelain dolls like RGIII. The only place it ALWAYS leads is nowhere fast.

Giving Lynch "his shot" now would most likely give him NO shot—at all. Our D will still be here in 2017, and Lynch will know the playbook, his coach and his teammates. Hopefully he'll also have reliable protection and run blocking that gives opponents more to worry about than sending 7-8 guys after his head, or dropping them all into pass coverage to await his next gift.

VonDoom
08-24-2016, 06:26 AM
But remember, the QB play can't POSSIBLY be worse than last year. I think some people are going to realize this season how important the leadership/mental aspect Manning brought to the team was. There is clearly a huge void in that department from last year to now.

I've always thought that people using "it can't be worse than last year" were crazy. That line of thinking is way off. Every year has a different feel and you can't just compartmentalize QB play and assume that everything else will be the same but THAT will be better and therefore we'll be better overall. It doesn't work that way.

7DnBrnc53
08-24-2016, 06:30 AM
If you want to PERMANENTLY shatter a talented rookies confidence, let a dozen pass rushes shatter his body for a year, while DBs make a good living off his desperate, blind back-footed throws. It doesn't always lead to David Carr

Well, to be fair, Carr's situation is different from Paxton Lynch. For one, I noticed a red flag with him. In the 2001 draft coverage for SI.com (or the Sporting News. I forget. Someone posted them on a website once, and they are gone now), they did a top-30 for the 2002 draft and the best of the rest. John Henderson was their #1 prospect and Carr wasn't even on the best of the rest, let alone the top-30. If he was so good, why wasn't he mentioned in there?

In addition, Carr went to an expansion team with no talent at all. Casserly violated the expansion rule: No QB's (unless they are Elway or Manning). D-Line, LT, or defensive playmaker should be your focus. Julius Peppers should have been the pick, not Carr. In contrast, Lynch has the talent around him to do well (even though the O-line still needs work). I am not saying that Lynch should play week 1, but I just want to make it clear that his situation is not similar to Carr's.

TXBRONC
08-24-2016, 08:37 AM
Well, to be fair, Carr's situation is different from Paxton Lynch. For one, I noticed a red flag with him. In the 2001 draft coverage for SI.com (or the Sporting News. I forget. Someone posted them on a website once, and they are gone now), they did a top-30 for the 2002 draft and the best of the rest. John Henderson was their #1 prospect and Carr wasn't even on the best of the rest, let alone the top-30. If he was so good, why wasn't he mentioned in there?

In addition, Carr went to an expansion team with no talent at all. Casserly violated the expansion rule: No QB's (unless they are Elway or Manning). D-Line, LT, or defensive playmaker should be your focus. Julius Peppers should have been the pick, not Carr. In contrast, Lynch has the talent around him to do well (even though the O-line still needs work). I am not saying that Lynch should play week 1, but I just want to make it clear that his situation is not similar to Carr's.

I don't think the offensive line that Denver will have this year is anywhere near as bad as what the Texans had. Also I do agree with those who are of the mind set that you either have what it takes to play or you don't.

There are benefits to having a rookie quarterback sit his first year or for at least part of a season. The greatest advantage they have opportunity to absorb more of the playbook. The biggest disadvantage is it's not actual experience. Even in practice you can't fully appreciate the speed of the game and the situations that come with it.

Broncoknight30
08-24-2016, 09:40 AM
Here is a question.

Is there any plan for them to transition to Lynch at all? If so, when?

I am trying to understand why they traded up to get him and how they did not know what they had in Siemian. Anyone see the point here? Considering that Siemian is going to be the starter and since he is so young, to me it is hard for me to know how they switch to Lynch.

The plan is go into the season as defending SB champs with two QBs who have never taken an NFL snap in a regular season? No, I don't consider Siemian having taken an NFL snap. :cool:

BroncoWave
08-24-2016, 09:55 AM
Here is a question.

I am trying to understand why they traded up to get him and how they did not know what they had in Siemian. Anyone see the point here? Considering that Siemian is going to be the starter and since he is so young, to me it is hard for me to know how they switch to Lynch.

The plan is go into the season as defending SB champs with two QBs who have never taken an NFL snap in a regular season? No, I don't consider Siemian having taken an NFL snap. :cool:

I think they are on like plan D at this point to be honest. Plan A was to re-sign Brock. Plan B seemed to be Kaepernick. When that fell through, plan C was just to get by with a vet in Sanchez until Lynch was ready, then hand off the baton to him. And now that Siemian is beating out Sanchez, I think they are just trying to scrape by in any way possible until Lynch is ready. I don't think they ever imagined in their worst nightmares that this was how the QB situation would be shaking out heading into the season.

To respond to your point about Siemian, I don't really think they have much in him. He's just the least sucky guy right now. I don't seem him as any threat to Lynch's standing on this team just because he's young and currently the starter.

Broncoknight30
08-24-2016, 10:02 AM
I think they are on like plan D at this point to be honest. Plan A was to re-sign Brock. Plan B seemed to be Kaepernick. When that fell through, plan C was just to get by with a vet in Sanchez until Lynch was ready, then hand off the baton to him. And now that Siemian is beating out Sanchez, I think they are just trying to scrape by in any way possible until Lynch is ready. I don't think they ever imagined in their worst nightmares that this was how the QB situation would be shaking out heading into the season.

The thing is I am not seeing this massive separation of Siemian. I mean Sanchez had some fumbles, I also thought he did ok. Not that he is that big of a deal to me. My concerns has to do with them seeing Siemian as this great QB and that would mean they pretty much wasted a pick on Lynch.

I thought the drafting of Osweiler at the time was a bit ridiculous. Then again, they did not really know what they had in Manning considering he was coming off of that injury. I cannot imagine that they really thought they could sign both Von AND Osweiler to the contracts they would demand. Not without utterly ruining the franchise for the net half of a decade.

I guess I am trying to understand how they did not understand what they had in Siemian by wasting a first round pick on Lynch. Cause if Siemian is good enough to be the starter, then that means he was always decent enough.

Just see a very confusing situation to where I am not entirely sure what I am suppose to be rooting for here. I hope Siemian does great of course. However, that would mean Lynch was a waste of a pick, and that would not speak to well of Elway and Kubes considering they should have known what they had.

slim
08-24-2016, 10:11 AM

Based on the reports I have heard, this sounds like it is pretty misleading.

While running the Bronco's offense (running with the 1s), he was 6/7 with his only miss to Sanders.

The picks all came while he was running the scout team and the Rams offense.

iLands
08-24-2016, 11:20 AM
They did know what they had in Simian. They kept him on last year didn't they? We had an entrenched backup with Brock and Trevor wasn't just the camp arm that many thought. Let the kid play. He's cheap. Paxton's cheap. It will be fine.

Going and getting your guy is never bad if it is affordable. What are the odds that the defending champions would have a chance to get their guy? So we did and it was cheap. It's easy enough to trust our front office generally. Elway hasn't missed the playoffs since he came back and has had two Super Bowl appearances with very different teams. We've had some great drafts with very few true busts (Here's to you, Montee). We've gotten fantastic production from late and undrafted guys like Malik, CHJ, CJ, Virgil, Shaq, and Trevathan. We took guys like Marshall off the scrap heap. Crick looks like he's next. Hell, the last quarterback we drafted to eventually start succeeded well enough that we couldn't afford him.

Trevor is just the latest success story. If he's a successful quarterback, you can bet I won't be complaining that he was a seventh round pick. If he's a franchise guy, I won't lament for one second of one minute the picks we used on Paxton.

Odds are, Paxton will be the guy but it will take a little time. It's worth the wait. We had pick 32 and it just took a third to get the quarterback that our quarterback coach and our hall of fall quarterback GM wanted.

Go Broncos.

TXBRONC
08-24-2016, 11:20 AM
The thing is I am not seeing this massive separation of Siemian. I mean Sanchez had some fumbles, I also thought he did ok. Not that he is that big of a deal to me. My concerns has to do with them seeing Siemian as this great QB and that would mean they pretty much wasted a pick on Lynch.

I thought the drafting of Osweiler at the time was a bit ridiculous. Then again, they did not really know what they had in Manning considering he was coming off of that injury. I cannot imagine that they really thought they could sign both Von AND Osweiler to the contracts they would demand. Not without utterly ruining the franchise for the net half of a decade.

I guess I am trying to understand how they did not understand what they had in Siemian by wasting a first round pick on Lynch. Cause if Siemian is good enough to be the starter, then that means he was always decent enough.

Just see a very confusing situation to where I am not entirely sure what I am suppose to be rooting for here. I hope Siemian does great of course. However, that would mean Lynch was a waste of a pick, and that would not speak to well of Elway and Kubes considering they should have known what they had.

I don't think they're seeing Siemian as great. As far having separation from other quarterbacks doesn't that way as much Sanchez as it does the other two? He's the guy with all the starting experience but he hasn't but that hasn't lead to him putting distance between him and two guys that have zero starting experience in the NFL.

Broncoknight30
08-24-2016, 11:45 AM
They did know what they had in Simian. They kept him on last year didn't they? We had an entrenched backup with Brock and Trevor wasn't just the camp arm that many thought. Let the kid play. He's cheap. Paxton's cheap. It will be fine.

Going and getting your guy is never bad if it is affordable. What are the odds that the defending champions would have a chance to get their guy? So we did and it was cheap. It's easy enough to trust our front office generally. Elway hasn't missed the playoffs since he came back and has had two Super Bowl appearances with very different teams. We've had some great drafts with very few true busts (Here's to you, Montee). We've gotten fantastic production from late and undrafted guys like Malik, CHJ, CJ, Virgil, Shaq, and Trevathan. We took guys like Marshall off the scrap heap. Crick looks like he's next. Hell, the last quarterback we drafted to eventually start succeeded well enough that we couldn't afford him.

Trevor is just the latest success story. If he's a successful quarterback, you can bet I won't be complaining that he was a seventh round pick. If he's a franchise guy, I won't lament for one second of one minute the picks we used on Paxton.

Odds are, Paxton will be the guy but it will take a little time. It's worth the wait. We had pick 32 and it just took a third to get the quarterback that our quarterback coach and our hall of fall quarterback GM wanted.

Go Broncos.

Well, right now as a Broncos fan, I am hoping Lynch never does get a chance. I mean in order for him to get that, that would mean Siemian would have to be playing badly. I mean how would they sit him if he is playing good? Understand?

So me as a fan, hoping Siemian does great. That is what we will all be hoping. Of course that will mean Lynch WORLD never get a chance.

That is what we will be hoping. Right?

Davii
08-24-2016, 11:55 AM
Well, right now as a Broncos fan, I am hoping Lynch never does get a chance. I mean in order for him to get that, that would mean Siemian would have to be playing badly. I mean how would they sit him if he is playing good? Understand?

So me as a fan, hoping Siemian does great. That is what we will all be hoping. Of course that will mean Lynch WORLD never get a chance.

That is what we will be hoping. Right?

No. I'm hoping Siemian plays well enough that Lynch gets the time to come along to where the coaches want him before he starts, however, I want him to be our starter at some point. We spent a first round pick on him. First round picks play or they're a waste of a pick.

Broncoknight30
08-24-2016, 12:01 PM
No. I'm hoping Siemian plays well enough that Lynch gets the time to come along to where the coaches want him before he starts, however, I want him to be our starter at some point. We spent a first round pick on him. First round picks play or they're a waste of a pick.

The simple fact is if Siemian is playing well (we will all be hoping for that) Lynch will never get the chance.

Which is why I would personally prefer Lynch start. It is not as though Siemian is a seasoned veteran.

I guess I am just a bit frustrated. I tend to root for the first round picks to make it.

Bottom line:

If they are going to start a QB with zero experience, I would rather them start the future, if he is the future that we are seemingly all hoping.

NightTrainLayne
08-24-2016, 12:14 PM

As good as John Elway is, he doesn't have a crystal ball.

It's not a bad thing to have options. We have 3 options. This is a good thing.

Based on the reports I have heard, this sounds like it is pretty misleading.

While running the Bronco's offense (running with the 1s), he was 6/7 with his only miss to Sanders.

The picks all came while he was running the scout team and the Rams offense.

Maybe. I was just saying I don't see Lynch lighting the world on fire enough to get rid of Sanchez.

Of course, when running the #1 offense where he was 6/7, he was going against the defense's #2's. I'm glad he handled the #1's better than the scout team, this is a good thing, and to be expected.

BroncoWave
08-24-2016, 12:28 PM
The simple fact is if Siemian is playing well (we will all be hoping for that) Lynch will never get the chance.

Which is why I would personally prefer Lynch start. It is not as though Siemian is a seasoned veteran.

I guess I am just a bit frustrated. I tend to root for the first round picks to make it.

Bottom line:

If they are going to start a QB with zero experience, I would rather them start the future, if he is the future that we are seemingly all hoping.

I don't really understand your train of thought here. You seem to be acting like it would be a bad thing if both siemian and Lynch wound up being good. That would be the opposite of a bad thing. At that point, we would have two nice young trade chips. We could keep the guy we think will be better, and get value in return for the other guy.

Siemian being good wouldn't make Lynch a wasted pick. That's just a ridiculous assertion. I think you are reading way too much into him being the starter right now. That doesn't necessarily mean the coaches think he's great. It probably just means they think he is the least sucky option right now.

Mike
08-24-2016, 12:30 PM

Agreed. I am a Siemian fan, but Lynch has more potential as far as ability....just a matter of him picking up the mental side of the game. It would be nice if Siemian can play well enough to give Lynch time. And if he plays really well....then that's something for Elway and Co to worry about later down the road.

slim
08-24-2016, 12:31 PM
As good as John Elway is, he doesn't have a crystal ball.

It's not a bad thing to have options. We have 3 options. This is a good thing.

Maybe. I was just saying I don't see Lynch lighting the world on fire enough to get rid of Sanchez.

Of course, when running the #1 offense where he was 6/7, he was going against the defense's #2's. I'm glad he handled the #1's better than the scout team, this is a good thing, and to be expected.

Don't you take that condescending tone with me!

BroncoJoe
08-24-2016, 12:32 PM
Don't you take that condescending tone with me!

NTL is getting old and cranky.

slim
08-24-2016, 12:33 PM
NTL is getting old and cranky.

He was a much happier person when he was fat.

BroncoJoe
08-24-2016, 12:35 PM
He was a much happier person when he was fat.

Aren't we all!

BroncoJoe
08-24-2016, 12:39 PM
I was really rooting for Sanchez. No particular reason at all - just wanted another "Plummer" type situation.

I know nothing about Trevor, and he looks very average. Average would be fine this year since we won the SB last year with relatively poor QB play.

Lynch looks like the real deal. He's just too raw and inexperienced. I'd have no problem starting him out of the gate since he had a full three years in college and threw up some pretty good stats. I reject the idea playing him would ruin him. If he's that soft, he's not going to make it regardless. I don't think he is (too soft).

I'm calling Elway in a few minutes to give him my opinions.

Broncoknight30
08-24-2016, 12:48 PM
I don't really understand your train of thought here. You seem to be acting like it would be a bad thing if both siemian and Lynch wound up being good. That would be the opposite of a bad thing. At that point, we would have two nice young trade chips. We could keep the guy we think will be better, and get value in return for the other guy.

Siemian being good wouldn't make Lynch a wasted pick. That's just a ridiculous assertion. I think you are reading way too much into him being the starter right now. That doesn't necessarily mean the coaches think he's great. It probably just means they think he is the least sucky option right now.

If Siemian plays well as a starter, Lynch never gets a chance. Which is fine, but that would mean he was a waste of a pick.

VonDoom
08-24-2016, 12:48 PM

This is a logical fallacy. What they "had" in Siemian was an unproven 7th round QB who ran the scout team last year. They saw something there (or he would have been cut) but the idea that they "wasted" a pick on Lynch because Siemian is "decent" is crazy. Things change quickly in the NFL, and it's always good to have a contingency plan. Plus, what a guy is RIGHT NOW is not necessarily what he CAN be. Lynch is full of potential but is raw and just learning an NFL offense. Siemian was a young guy who now has some experience running Kubiak's offense. These guys will both develop over time, and the thinking by most is that Lynch will be better than Siemian in the long run. Only time will tell, of course, but that's the reason Lynch was drafted.

BroncoWave
08-24-2016, 01:03 PM
If Siemian plays well as a starter, Lynch never gets a chance. Which is fine, but that would mean he was a waste of a pick.

That's just not true IMO. If siemian plays well, we probably try to trade him this offseason assuming Lynch is ready. Siemian just doesn't have the physical tools Lynch has, so even if he overachieves this year, I still think the coaches will want to move forward with Lynch then figure out what to do with Siemian.

Broncoknight30
08-24-2016, 01:04 PM
This is a logical fallacy. What they "had" in Siemian was an unproven 7th round QB who ran the scout team last year. They saw something there (or he would have been cut) but the idea that they "wasted" a pick on Lynch because Siemian is "decent" is crazy. Things change quickly in the NFL, and it's always good to have a contingency plan. Plus, what a guy is RIGHT NOW is not necessarily what he CAN be. Lynch is full of potential but is raw and just learning an NFL offense. Siemian was a young guy who now has some experience running Kubiak's offense. These guys will both develop over time, and the thinking by most is that Lynch will be better than Siemian in the long run. Only time will tell, of course, but that's the reason Lynch was drafted.

That is all fine and probably true. For all intents and purposes, Siemian is a rookie as well. I know he had a season learning the offense, but he has never played an NFL game.

If he does well, as we will be hoping, Lynch will not get in there. Now, all of the things we see as far as arm strength etc should have been well known to Kubes and Elway. Siemian also looked decent in preseason last year. Again, something that should have been clear to Elway and Kubes.

If he plays well, then Lynch won't get a chance. If Lynch does not get a chance, then it would have been a wasted pick.

That is the way I am seeing it. Under what conditions would Lynch get a chance if Siemian plays well?

BroncoWave
08-24-2016, 01:05 PM
That is all fine and probably true. For all intents and purposes, Siemian is a rookie as well. I know he had a season learning the offense, but he has never played an NFL game.

If he does well, as we will be hoping, Lynch will not get in there. Now, all of the things we see as far as arm strent etc should have been well known to Kubes and Elway. Siemian also looked decent in preseason last year. Again, something that should have been clear to Elway and Kubes.

If he plays well, then Lynch won't get a chance. If Lynch does not get a chance, then it would have been a wasted pick.

That is the way I am seeing it. Under what conditions would Lynch get a chance if Siemian plays well?

Under the conditions that they think Lynch would be even better. Which will likely be the case.

NightTrainLayne
08-24-2016, 01:12 PM
Worse case scenario, we have two good prospects at the most important position in the game.

I see no down-side.

I guess, in truth, the worse-case scenario is that both are busts. But again, that is not a reason to not have drafted Lynch.

TXBRONC
08-24-2016, 01:26 PM

It depends on what is meant by well. If by well you mean he's competent but nothing special then I don't think that would keep Lynch off the field. The only way Siemian would be able to Lynch off the field is playing at probowl level.

BroncoWave
08-24-2016, 01:30 PM
It depends on what is meant by well. If by well you mean he's competent but nothing special then I don't think that would keep Lynch off the field. The only way Siemian would able to Lynch off the field is playing at probowl level.

Agreed, and I find that a very unlikely scenario. But if it happens, that still wouldn't make Lynch a wasted pick. At the time of the pick, no one would have any way of knowing how Siemian would turn out. If he winds up being a total stud, there are worse problems to have than "wasting" a pick on Lynch.

VonDoom
08-24-2016, 01:30 PM
It depends on what is meant by well. If by well you mean he's competent but nothing special then I don't think that would keep Lynch off the field. The only way Siemian would able to Lynch off the field is playing at probowl level.

I agree with this. And if by some miracle, Siemian becomes a top ten NFL QB, Lynch becomes an incredible trade chip. Which is still not a "waste" of a pick.

Broncoknight30
08-24-2016, 01:39 PM
Agreed, and I find that a very unlikely scenario. But if it happens, that still wouldn't make Lynch a wasted pick. At the time of the pick, no one would have any way of knowing how Siemian would turn out. If he winds up being a total stud, there are worse problems to have than "wasting" a pick on Lynch.

That is where I would disagree. His arm strength and even his decent play in preseason last year should have showed his potential. I think a few even posted that he was decent last year. I thought he showed good signs.

I am not sure I am explaining it well enough. I am not seeing Siemian as anything other than a rookie, even though he has one season. He is pretty much a rookie.

Yes, he was a 7th rounder. Lynch is a 1st rounder. I am wondering if most of us would rather see Lynch get the nod. I think I would rather see him get the nod.

BroncoWave
08-24-2016, 01:43 PM
That is where I would disagree. His arm strength and even his decent play in preseason last year should have showed his potential. I think a few even posted that he was decent last year. I thought he showed good signs.

I am not sure I am explaining it well enough. I am not seeing Siemian as anything other than a rookie, even though he has one season. He is pretty much a rookie.

Yes, he was a 7th rounder. Lynch is a 1st rounder. I am wondering if most of us would rather see Lynch get the nod. I think I would rather see him get the nod.

I would disagree with that assertion. There is a lot to be said for having a whole year to learn a system and learn how the NFL works. Mentally, Siemian is probably light-years ahead of Lynch right now. But once Lynch catches up enough mentally that he can use his physical talents to play well, I would fully expect that he surpasses Siemian.

I would imagine whomever gets the starting nod between Sanchez and Siemian will be on an increasingly shorter leash the more ready Lynch gets.

And if your scenario comes to pass in which Siemian is playing so well you can't take him off the field, then that's a great problem to have. That leaves you with two great trade chips, and you can pick which one to keep depending on who you think will be the better player. That would be a dream scenario, not a bad thing or a wasted pick.

slim
08-24-2016, 01:53 PM
Worse case scenario, we have two good prospects at the most important position in the game.

I see no down-side.

I guess, in truth, the worse-case scenario is that both are busts. But again, that is not a reason to not have drafted Lynch.

Actually, if he is a bust, I think that is a pretty good reason to not have drafted him :D

Timmy!
08-24-2016, 02:11 PM
This thread has gone full lolz.

slim
08-24-2016, 02:14 PM

It's like a drunken uber car ride in here.

BroncoJoe
08-24-2016, 04:11 PM

It would be unusual if the thread didn't head in that direction!

NightTerror218
08-24-2016, 04:27 PM
Downside is that you dont have any exp helping them out

BroncoJoe
08-24-2016, 04:46 PM
Downside is that you dont have any exp helping them out

Depends on the experience. I mean, we have Kubiak AND Elway in the head office.

slim
08-24-2016, 04:55 PM
Experience is overrated.

ShaneFalco
08-24-2016, 05:17 PM
never understood bringing sanchez to denver from the start

BroncoWave
08-24-2016, 05:19 PM

Well when we first signed him I think Elway was banking on him backing up Kap. I don't think the intention was ever for him to start.

ShaneFalco
08-24-2016, 05:22 PM
Well when we first signed him I think Elway was banking on him backing up Kap. I don't think the intention was ever for him to start.

i guess that makes a bit more sense... but i am still puzzled. you would think a Arena League or CFL option would be a better shot at depth. anyone but the dirty.

Davii
08-24-2016, 06:46 PM
i guess that makes a bit more sense... but i am still puzzled. you would think a Arena League or CFL option would be a better shot at depth. anyone but the dirty.

This makes absolutely no sense in any way, shape, or form.

Broncoknight30
08-24-2016, 08:25 PM

Cause Mark Sanchez ran the west coast system at USC and ran a version of it with the Jets. He knows the nomenclature and has the skill set to run the keeper/bootleg action that this offense needs.

That is the reason.

TXBRONC
08-24-2016, 08:35 PM

Just the way that think went down, when they traded for Sanchez the intention wasn't to let compete for the starting position.

NightTerror218
08-24-2016, 10:25 PM
Depends on the experience. I mean, we have Kubiak AND Elway in the head office.

Yah, but they are busy. They are not with the QBs all the time pointing things out. Discussing coverages on sideline during games. How often do you see QBs on tablets checking out coverages. Kubiak is coaching and elway is not on sidelines. A vet helps a young QB.

Joel
08-25-2016, 02:20 AM
Same reason they declared Henderson the best rookie in the whole draft?

Unless that talent can block blitzers so he can throw downfield, or open holes for CJ so he doesn't have to, no, he doesn't have the talent around him to "do well." He has DT, and (for now...) Sanders, but it doesn't matter how deep and open they are if he's flat on his back.

Expansion and all other teams with a top five (or even ten) draft pick shouldn't favor any particular position(s) in the first place: They should exploit their choice of literally the "Best Player" they'll EVER have "Available." So WHOEVER winds up their 1st round gunslinger down the road has the "best" of that "surrounding talent to succeed." That's a separate debate though:

The point is a QB (or RB, or WR) can't have the surrounding talent to succeed unless that talent actually INVOLVES his position, if only indirectly. Our D may Re-Shock the World by improving even on last years elite performance and carrying us to a repeat while Lynch runs for his life flinging Hail Mary Ints and we send a different starting RB to the IR list every month—but that won't mean they "made" him successful, only that he failed as miserably as that broken down noodle-armed bum PFM, and our D was just SO epic our offensives epic struggles once again didn't MATTER.

MOtorboat
08-25-2016, 02:38 AM
Sanchez will start against Carolina.

Joel
08-25-2016, 02:42 AM
Here is a question.

Why are you asking an online forum? The STRONG impression Kubiak gives is that "when" is "2017, possibly late 2016," but only he and Elway can know their minds.

Same reason they only signed the Sanchize for a single season: Because they're thinking farther ahead than this Christmas. They probably have a reasonable idea of what their second-year late round alternative is, and don't relish making THAT the franchise for the next decade. Many of this sites resident draftniks argued strongly for [your favorite 2016 rookie QB here] because they said this years QB class is poor but NEXT years will be even WORSE: So maybe Elway and Co. took the best shot they'll have for the foreseeable future. That doesn't mean the kid's gotta start TODAY, nor even this year.

The plan is to find and prepare the QB of the Future as quickly as possible, but this isn't the SECAA and our other stars have more than 3 more years of eligibility to wait for the guy who's both able and ready to lead them to another championship.

This is starting to feel like that SNL "Jizz. in. My. Pants" video.

? If, against all indications, Siemian's a franchise QB and "the future is now," why would anyone oppose starting the future franchise QB just because we picked some rookie higher? Future picks are gold; PAST picks, irrelevant. Ryan Leaf was drafted #2 overall the same year Matt Hasselback was a 6th round SUPPLEMENTAL pick.

If he does well, as we will be hoping, Lynch will not get in therethis season, which suits me fine. Unless Siemian makes the Pro Bowl, he won't start next year (in Denver anyway,) Lynch will. The difference is Lynch won't be as raw, will know the playbook far better, will have a year of NFL film and Kubiak coaching under his belt, and will probably have a line far more able to protect him and take some pressure off him with a consistent run game.

BroncoWave
08-25-2016, 09:23 AM

I really don't think they plan on starting Sanchez given that Siemian got the preseason week 3 nod. As long as Siemian doesn't fall on his face this weekend, I think the job is his.

Mike
08-25-2016, 09:36 AM
I really don't think they plan on starting Sanchez given that Siemian got the preseason week 3 nod. As long as Siemian doesn't fall on his face this weekend, I think the job is his.

What's more telling is that Kubiak wouldn't name the playing order after Siemian.

slim
08-25-2016, 09:37 AM

Neither Sanchez nor Lynch will start that game.

TXBRONC
08-25-2016, 09:37 AM

Exactly, Siemian would have to implode. Even then, I wouldn't hold my breath Sanchez would then be named the starter, it could very easily go to Lynch if has another solid outing.

TXBRONC
08-25-2016, 09:41 AM
What's more telling is that Kubiak wouldn't name the playing order after Siemian.

It's one of the reasons why I think Lynch will play second.

BroncoWave
08-25-2016, 09:58 AM

Excellent use of grammar, Slim!

Broncoknight30
08-25-2016, 10:35 AM
Cut Sanchez, save the draft pick, save the money. Sign some veteran out there. Is Matt Flynn out there?

Get the guy out of here before someone kills him.:coffee:

Davii
08-25-2016, 10:58 AM

Siemian will be the first Bronco's starting QB in a season opener with less than five people in the stadium wearing his jersey. That includes the one he will be wearing.

VonDoom
08-25-2016, 11:11 AM
Siemian will be the first Bronco's starting QB in a season opener with less than five people in the stadium wearing his jersey. That includes the one he will be wearing.

Will his parents be there? Those are the only others I can think of with a #13 jersey :D

Davii
08-25-2016, 11:22 AM
Will his parents be there? Those are the only others I can think of with a #13 jersey :D

I was assuming himself, Mom, Dad, Grilfriend, High school coach.

BroncoWave
08-25-2016, 11:53 AM
I was assuming himself, Mom, Dad, Grilfriend, High school coach.

Maybe he has siblings. That could push it over 5!

Davii
08-25-2016, 12:11 PM
Maybe he has siblings. That could push it over 5!

Hmmm.... Maybe his siblings would just wear a Manning jersey?

broncofaninfla
08-25-2016, 04:40 PM
I'm excited from what I've seen of Siemian and Lynch. We could have a damn good tandem and possible trade bait next season.

weazel
08-25-2016, 04:42 PM
Sanchez isn't making this team. They will release him and save 4.5 million and the compensation won't be as much

FanInAZ
08-25-2016, 06:41 PM
As a member of the Grammar Maquis, I’ve vowed to fight all of you Grammar Nazis to my dying breath.

(For those of you who aren’t fans of history, the Maquis was the name of the French resistance during WWII.) :laser:

stevo
08-25-2016, 06:51 PM
I have his jersey, he was handing them out at the mall today. Nice guy.:)

BroncoWave
08-25-2016, 07:36 PM
As a member of the Grammar Maquis, I’ve vowed to fight all of you Grammar Nazis to my dying breath.

(For those of you who aren’t fans of history, the Maquis was the name of the French resistance during WWII.) :laser:

The Maquis was also a renegade/terrorist group featured in Star Trek DS9 and Voyager. :D

FanInAZ
08-25-2016, 09:33 PM
The Maquis was also a renegade/terrorist group featured in Star Trek DS9 and Voyager. :D

True, but was no one officially referred to as "Space Nazi," so I wasn't sure how many here would get my historic references.

Simple Jaded
08-25-2016, 11:33 PM
Nerd Alert!

FanInAZ
08-25-2016, 11:42 PM
Nerd Alert!

Who copied off of who during history class ;)

Valar Morghulis
08-26-2016, 12:19 AM
French resistance

Oxymoron.

FanInAZ
08-26-2016, 12:45 AM
Oxymoron.

:pound:

Joel
08-26-2016, 03:39 AM
That was clearly inspired by the actual historical one though, as the Cardassians were heavily modeled on the Nazis. Much as I like Star Treks efforts at hard SF (even when it's just technobabble,) it's always been heavy on moralizing.

slim
08-26-2016, 07:03 AM
Wtf

Davii
08-26-2016, 07:27 AM
Wtf

I know. Joel misspelled "Kardashians".

weazel
08-26-2016, 10:06 AM
I have his jersey, he was handing them out at the mall today. Nice guy.:)

how about his helmet?

FanInAZ
08-27-2016, 12:36 AM
I know. Joel misspelled "Kardashians".

A planet of Kardashians :scared:

Quick, disband NASA before we cross paths with them.

Joel
08-27-2016, 01:53 AM
A planet of Kardashians :scared:

Quick, disband NASA before we cross paths with them.
Y'know, the Apollo program and ICBMs basically use the same missiles....

wayninja
08-27-2016, 11:12 PM
This thread is a shit heap of space trash.

To bring it back on target, Ziggy may be on to something. No Snachez tonight. Although Siemian didn't exactly play inspiring ball, I still find it hard to argue against, after not seeing butt fumble on the field, him actually making the team.

Joel
08-28-2016, 01:12 AM
No Sanchez tonight in mah coffee,
No Sanchez tonight in my tea,
No Sanchez to stand beside me,
No Sanchez to run with me

wayninja
08-28-2016, 02:08 AM
I prefer Haiku, but I'll allow this.

Joel
08-28-2016, 02:53 AM
I prefer Haiku, but I'll allow this.
It's doubly appropriate because The Guess Who, like the league where Sanchez belongs, is Canadian. :tongue:

7DnBrnc53
08-28-2016, 09:49 AM
It's doubly appropriate because The Guess Who, like the league where Sanchez belongs, is Canadian.

Sanchez doesn't even belong in the CFL at this point.

Expansion and all other teams with a top five (or even ten) draft pick shouldn't favor any particular position(s) in the first place: They should exploit their choice of literally the "Best Player" they'll EVER have "Available." So WHOEVER winds up their 1st round gunslinger down the road has the "best" of that "surrounding talent to succeed." That's a separate debate though:

Well, you shouldn't favor a position if you are that bad, but a QB or RB isn't really a good investment (unless they are Elway, Peyton, or Bo Jackson-type transcendent superstars) without the talent around them.

D1g1tal j1m
08-28-2016, 11:58 AM
So we are cutting the Sanchize and saving ourselves around 5 million and keeping our draft pick. Sign another vet for the minimum and run with Siemian and Lynch. I can live with that.

Sanchize, we could say we hardly knew you, but we did, a turnover machine who panics as soon as there is any sign of pressure from the D. Good luck to you!

G_Money
08-28-2016, 12:03 PM
Trade Sanchez to the Cowboys for a 7th, use the cap savings to front load a deal for Sanders. Call it a day.

gregbroncs
08-28-2016, 01:15 PM
Here is a question.

He was drafted as a project. And it's pretty obvious they did not know what they had in Simian (and still really don't) or they would not have brought in Sanchez and drafted a QB in the 1st round if they thought he was starter quality. But I believe they drafted Lynch for the future, expecting him to take a few years to fully develop. Sanchez looks to be simply a failed experiment, they thought he could come in and be a place holder for Lynch. Now it looks like he is not going to be able to handle that.

BroncoWave
08-28-2016, 01:18 PM
He was drafted as a project. And it's pretty obvious they did not know what they had in Simian (and still really don't) or they would not have brought in Sanchez and drafted a QB in the 1st round if they thought he was starter quality. But I believe they drafted Lynch for the future, expecting him to take a few years to fully develop. Sanchez looks to be simply a failed experiment, they thought he could come in and be a place holder for Lynch. Now it looks like he is not going to be able to handle that.

That's not why he was brought in. Remember, when we traded for Sanchez, we were still heavily pursuing Kaepernick. And also, we hadn't drafted Lynch yet. I don't think Sanchez was signed to ever be the starter. He was just brought in as a backup plan in case the FAs we were actually pursuing to start fell through.

gregbroncs
08-28-2016, 01:21 PM

What to route for is easy. Whomever wins the job you route for them to be a future HOF QB :D. Because if Simian wins the job and is replaced later in the season by Lynch it means that we are more than likely really struggling on offense again and the super bowl becomes very difficult.
At this point the pick is made, whether Lynch becomes a star or not is yet to be seen. But if Simian continues to be better than him you can't compound a mistake (if it turns out to be one) by not admitting that it was a mistake.

ShaneFalco
08-28-2016, 01:24 PM
Broncos expected to cut Mark Sanchez, sign another quarterback

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/7a3dbe51-ba94-34db-a390-e23be8bab6c2/ss_broncos-expected-to-cut-mark.html

gregbroncs
08-28-2016, 01:34 PM

Yes, he was a 7th rounder. Lynch is a 1st rounder. I am wondering if most of us would rather see Lynch get the nod. I think I would rather see him get the nod.I want the guy who gives us the best chance to win right now. I'm not into wasting a season just so a QB can develop. They can develop in practice, they can develop watching the guy who outplayed them. If they don't give the team the best chance to win they they shouldn't play IMO.

MOtorboat
08-28-2016, 01:38 PM
Broncos expected to cut Mark Sanchez, sign another quarterback

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/7a3dbe51-ba94-34db-a390-e23be8bab6c2/ss_broncos-expected-to-cut-mark.html

Who is the other quarterback?

Start him.

Broncoknight30
08-28-2016, 06:45 PM
I want the guy who gives us the best chance to win right now. I'm not into wasting a season just so a QB can develop. They can develop in practice, they can develop watching the guy who outplayed them. If they don't give the team the best chance to win they they shouldn't play IMO.

I guess the frustrating part for me is imo they should have known better what they had in Siemian, considering they saw him in practice all of last year. He had some decent preseasons last year. Good enough where even we as fans commented about it. I mean was he that much better in OTAs and practice this year than he was last year? He had the same arm strength. How much more could Kubiak or Elway have learned about him? Or, should they have known better what they had before making the decision to trade up to get Lynch?

Now, Siemian is going to be the future? I am hoping so.

TXBRONC
08-28-2016, 06:51 PM
I guess the frustrating part for me is imo they should have known better what they had in Siemian, considering they saw him in practice all of last year. He had some decent preseasons last year. Good enough where even we as fans commented about it. I mean was he that much better in OTAs and practice this year than he was last year? He had the same arm strength. How much more could Kubiak or Elway have learned about him? Or, should they have known better what they had before making the decision to trade up to get Lynch?

I don't know Knight, he probably didn't a lot of snap last year if any once the season started. So there is very good chance he didn't get due very much in practice. I would imagine he was quite a bit better this year over last year. He didn't know the offense at all last year.

The future is still Lynch. For there to be any chance that Siemian supplant Lynch as future he will have to play lights out. I believe Denver will get solid play out of him but I don't see him playing at a level that he would make Lynch expendable.

Timmy!
08-28-2016, 06:53 PM
No. Just no.

Siemien is not the future. Lynch is. #captainobvious

BroncoWave
08-28-2016, 06:55 PM

It's impossible to KNOW how good any player is going to be who hasn't actually gotten on the field for regular season action yet. Just because they might have seen some potential in Siemian doesn't mean you pass up on the chance to get a guy who you think can be a franchise QB.

You still totally seem to be failing to grasp the concept that it's not a bad thing to have two good young QBs. It's never a bad thing to have options.

Timmy!
08-28-2016, 06:57 PM
It's impossible to KNOW how good any player is going to be who hasn't actually gotten on the field for regular season action yet. Just because they might have seen some potential in Siemian doesn't mean you pass up on the chance to get a guy who you think can be a franchise QB.

You still totally seem to be failing to grasp the concept that it's not a bad thing to have two good young QBs. It's never a bad thing to have options.

Damnit wave, there can be only one. :heh:

BroncoWave
08-28-2016, 07:01 PM
Damnit wave, there can be only one. :heh:

:lol: Apparently.

Simple Jaded
08-28-2016, 07:19 PM
I am so ******* sick of Kubiak's rejects, **** TJ Yates, he doesn't have a job for a reason.......he sucks.

slim
08-28-2016, 07:44 PM
Who is the other quarterback?

Start him.

You are so full of hate...it's not healthy

BroncoWave
08-28-2016, 07:46 PM

He's really been on edge since that neither/nor debacle.

MOtorboat
08-28-2016, 08:22 PM

"It couldn't get any worse."

#neverforget

Joel
08-29-2016, 02:09 AM
I am so ******* sick of Kubiak's rejects, **** TJ Yates, he doesn't have a job for a reason.......he sucks.
Meh. By comparison to Sanchez (if indeed that's how we go) it's probably close to a wash. IF we're still Desperately Seeking Starter a week before Opening Day, a guy who's run Kubiaks playbook and won a rookie playoff game doing it's a definite plus. On the other hand, since he HAS started for Kubiak before there's a lot more game tape on him than when he won that rookie playoff game (and that was only against Kings Bungles: When HAVEN'T they lost a big game? ;))

So it's unlikely Kubiaks smoke and mirrors could hide the former 5th round journeymans many flaws long, if at all, but he wouldn't need a wristband.

Joel
08-29-2016, 04:09 AM
Sanchez doesn't even belong in the CFL at this point.
Eh, I'm not so sure about that; it was just a joke because the band happens to be Canadian. It's not that he's ALWAYS bad so much as NEVER average. It's feast or famine every week, but EVERY QB looks good while winning; the standard of greatness is what they do when TRAILING. In Sanchez' case, the record's cringeworthy, but I don't think he's bad, just inadequate. Does fine as long as he doesn't have to do MUCH, but if he has to "make something happen" his skillset usually makes that "something" very unpleasant for his team.

Well, you shouldn't favor a position if you are that bad, but a QB or RB isn't really a good investment (unless they are Elway, Peyton, or Bo Jackson-type transcendent superstars) without the talent around them.
That seems more like an "and" than a "but." ;) I don't but this whole "franchise QBs only come along once a decade" or "most drafts only have one or two franchise QBs or LESS" philosophy. As long as you don't get sucked into "Win Now," you can choose your targets over several drafts, and get quality players elsewhere in the mean time. If there's never a top athlete at the QB position in the 2-3 years your dog's bereft of talent, as long as you get the top athletes who ARE there you can always trade up to take a shot at a top QB once you're drafting from 8-8. It'll cost you multiple picks to get just that one, but after several consecutive years of drafting All Pros you don't need a ton of extra picks just to find a serviceable roster, you need the few remaining pieces that'll make you a contender.

It's one thing for bubble coach/GMs, but in Kubiaks position there's time to plug current/imminent holes to stay on top while awaiting "our" guy, and in Dan Quinns there's time to BUILD that roster with stars while enduring the same wait. The main thing is not getting suckered into a one-size-fits-all draft philosophy, because both drafting "need" OR the "best player" can be equally disastrous OR successful: The decisive factor's not which philosophy to follow, but WHEN. The short answer is "the one you have the roster and draft position to fully exploit." Or, conversely, NOT the one you DON'T have the roster and draft position to fully exploit.

Does anyone think the "Best [or even TENTH Best] Available Player" actually WAS "available" to us this year? Or, even if he were, that we should've taken him even if he were an OLB, CB, WR or DE? Almost by definition, champions have a very short list of positions where they can improve, especially with the #32 overall pick. Conversely, the #1 overall pick is almost guaranteed to improve the team holding it REGARDLESS of what position the guy plays.

Valar Morghulis
08-29-2016, 04:36 AM
Cut Sanchez, pay Sanders now.

Joel
08-29-2016, 04:41 AM
Fine by me, as long as it doesn't mean we PLAY Lynch now. But is $3½M-whatever a designated backup costs enough to extend Sanders now?

sneakers
08-29-2016, 06:44 AM
who knows what will happen?

sneakers
08-29-2016, 06:49 AM

maybe they wanted to make him sweat, see what happens with direct competition

tripp
08-29-2016, 09:48 AM
I haven't watched any of the pre-season games, seen the highlights. Read on twitter from a few analysts, and they compare Siemien to Alex Smith, a lot of check down's. Heard his redzone play is pretty awful too. This has got to be Sanche'z last shot at becoming a starter in the NFL. If you lose out to a rookie and Siemien, what chance do you have on any other team?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-29-2016, 10:30 AM
I haven't watched any of the pre-season games, seen the highlights. Read on twitter from a few analysts, and they compare Siemien to Alex Smith, a lot of check down's. Heard his redzone play is pretty awful too. This has got to be Sanche'z last shot at becoming a starter in the NFL. If you lose out to a rookie and Siemien, what chance do you have on any other team?

That's funny because he is nothing like Smith, IMO. He isn't nearly as athletic or as elusive as Smith, but has much more arm talent.

CoachChaz
08-29-2016, 11:25 AM
That's funny because he is nothing like Smith, IMO. He isn't nearly as athletic or as elusive as Smith, but has much more arm talent.

I think the comparison to Alex Smith would most likely end up being the end result. Efficient, but isnt going to win you many games without a lot of help from the defense and running game.

Valar Morghulis
08-29-2016, 11:27 AM
I think he had the play book restricted

He has a stronger arm than Smith and unlikely to run in a thirty yard rd

I don't see the comparison

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-29-2016, 11:53 AM
I think the comparison to Alex Smith would most likely end up being the end result. Efficient, but isnt going to win you many games without a lot of help from the defense and running game.

Valid point, but that could be said about a lot of qb's.

Davii
08-29-2016, 11:57 AM
According to Andrew Mason, Coach Kubiak informed the team about an hour ago (http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Trevor-Siemian-will-be-the-Broncos-starting-quarterback/06f464ae-251a-4480-a4c1-d77797dd3980)that Trevor Siemian has, in fact, won the QB competition and will be the team's starter on 8 Sept.

So, now what happens with Mark Sanchez? Trade, cut, keep around just in case?

Obviously I would prefer a trade, but I don't see that happening. Why trade for someone you know will be available in just a couple days? Maybe the Cowboys don't want to let a QB hit the open market and see 4.5m as a reasonable price?

Who knows.... I'm certain he won't be with us by Thursday.

Buff
08-29-2016, 12:00 PM
I think he takes a pay cut and stays. We need a QB who has taken a game snap - and he's not going to go find a better deal elsewhere. I think it's worth surrendering the 7th rounder for peace of mind... If we get hit by the injury bug later in the season then we have to go find somebody off the street or give up a 7th rounder to bring in someone who doesn't know the playbook.

Davii
08-29-2016, 12:04 PM
I think he takes a pay cut and stays. We need a QB who has taken a game snap - and he's not going to go find a better deal elsewhere. I think it's worth surrendering the 7th rounder for peace of mind... If we get hit by the injury bug later in the season then we have to go find somebody off the street or give up a 7th rounder to bring in someone who doesn't know the playbook.

I would agree, but I think this is predicated on him taking a pay cut.

Slick
08-29-2016, 12:04 PM

Is someone else going to pick him up? Couldn't they just re-sign him after week one to avoid that salary and forfeiting the draft pick if they just cut him?

NightTerror218
08-29-2016, 12:05 PM
We will have a vet, question is who.

VonDoom
08-29-2016, 12:22 PM

I would like to see this as well. Word is they're shopping him, but I think most teams assume he'll be cut, so there's really no reason to give up anything for him unless a team is desperate to jump the waiver wire.

Poet
08-29-2016, 12:24 PM
The fact that he can't beat out a seventh rounder is just so ******* saddening. He went from being a first round pick and AFCCG contestant to this....

CoachChaz
08-29-2016, 12:31 PM
The fact that he can't beat out a seventh rounder is just so ******* saddening. He went from being a first round pick and AFCCG contestant to this....

I'd still rather see him start over the 7th rounder.

Davii
08-29-2016, 12:35 PM
I'd still rather see him start over the 7th rounder.

Meh. I trust John and Kubes with that decision completely. I wish Mark had shown well enough that they had no choice but to start him. Unfortunately, he didn't. If they're seeing the two as a wash but think Trevor is growing, then why start Mark? At that point Trevor should win. But, who knows... Outside of the halls of Dove Valley nobody knows exactly why Kubes and John picked Trevor.

Poet
08-29-2016, 12:36 PM
I'm trying to convince myself that it is possible for Trevor S. to be a decent game manager. But all I can think about is seventh rounder.

CoachChaz
08-29-2016, 12:37 PM
Meh. I trust John and Kubes with that decision completely. I wish Mark had shown well enough that they had no choice but to start him. Unfortunately, he didn't. If they're seeing the two as a wash but think Trevor is growing, then why start Mark? At that point Trevor should win. But, who knows... Outside of the halls of Dove Valley nobody knows exactly why Kubes and John picked Trevor.

I'll amend my opinion by stating that I think we're screwed with either choice. But if I had to choose which turd I was going to be forced to eat, I'd probably rather the one with a little seasoning on it.

CoachChaz
08-29-2016, 12:37 PM
I'm trying to convince myself that it is possible for Trevor S. to be a decent game manager. But all I can think about is seventh rounder.

Seventh rounder with limited skills and not a lot of past success

Poet
08-29-2016, 12:38 PM
Seventh rounder with limited skills and not a lot of past success

This is CoachChaz piledriving my rationalization into the ground.

Davii
08-29-2016, 12:39 PM
I'll amend my opinion by stating that I think we're screwed with either choice. But if I had to choose which turd I was going to be forced to eat, I'd probably rather the one with a little seasoning on it.

I'm not disagreeing, just saying there must be more to the decision than we're aware of.

CoachChaz
08-29-2016, 12:44 PM
I'm not disagreeing, just saying there must be more to the decision than we're aware of.

I'm sure. Guess we'll just have to see how it unfolds week one against a tough Panthers defense.

BroncoWave
08-29-2016, 01:21 PM
This is CoachChaz piledriving my rationalization into the ground.

It's pretty easy to rationalize for me. We have a Super Bowl winning head coach who is known as a QB guru and has either played QB or coached QBs for over 30 years in the NFL and we have a GM who was a hall of fame QB and two time champ himself. If any team in the league has the expertise to diagnose QB play, it is ours. So if they think Siemian is a better option than Sanchez right now, I will trust that decision.

They see all of the practices, they get the game tape of preseason games from angles we can't see, and they saw both guys all offseason. While it might seem from the fan perspective that it makes more sense to go with the veteran if they are otherwise more or less equal, they clearly saw it a different way.

So at the end of the day, I'm just going to trust their decision instead of stressing out because I might not agree with it (which I do though, FWIW).

Northman
08-29-2016, 01:40 PM
The way i look at this situation is that it will be fun. I love watching unknown stuff play out. Even if Brock was here i would still be watching it as a unknown. You never know what could happen.

BroncoWave
08-29-2016, 01:45 PM
The way i look at this situation is that it will be fun. I love watching unknown stuff play out. Even if Brock was here i would still be watching it as a unknown. You never know what could happen.

To me, this makes the prospect of Siemian starting way more interesting than Sanchez starting. You know what you are getting with Sanchez. He has some talent, but he will always make mistakes at big times, and you just can't count on him to be consistent.

Siemian is still young and has a chance to improve, and it's pretty exciting to see what he can do out there. And if he falls flat, then we can start the Lynch era, which is exciting as well. We've been though the mediocre veteran that you know what you're getting phase with Orton. I am glad we don't have to go through that again.

BroncoJoe
08-29-2016, 01:48 PM
If Siemian and Sanchez are playing at the same level, or even if Siemian is a bit below, Sanchez has been in the league for a while and you know what he brings and has plateaued. Siemian brings the potential of elevated play. I get the decision.

PS - I just added his last name spelling to my dictionary. I think we'll be talking about him often.

Cugel
08-29-2016, 02:04 PM
As Bronco fans we have to deal with reality. Reality 101 says:

"One: Siemian might conceivably melt down completely in the first game after Luke Kuechly tears off his head and punts it into the South Stands. In that case they will need Mark Sanchez whether or not they feel Paxton Lynch is ready to start."

"Two: If Siemian melts down is Paxton Lynch going to be ready? If not, then they're going to need Mark Sanchez."

"Three: "What if either Siemian or Lynch is injured? What then? They're going to need Mark Sanchez in that case, even if he sucks."

"Four: If they go to Paxton Lynch and he proves he's not quite ready for prime time, then what choice do they have? Go back to Siemian after he's proved he has the wrong stuff? They're going to need Sanchez then."

"Five: Do they really want to push Paxton Lynch in there when he's not really ready, risking having him fail, and thus destroy his confidence and set back his development, as happens all too often in this league with bad teams that don't have the option to wait for a QB to develop."

Lynch is the future franchise QB and his development is more important to the long-term future of the Broncos than this single season - or even the possibility of defending your SB Championship. After all, if Lynch becomes a reliable top 10 QB in this league - as Elway is clearly hoping when he drafted him, then the Broncos will have the most important building block for future championship runs for the next decade. While, if Lynch struggles and ultimately fails, it will set the Broncos organization back for years.

Davii
08-29-2016, 02:07 PM
I would've been just as nervous with Os as the starter this season TBH. I remember a few people on here talking last preseason about how Siemian, and even Dysert, were looking better than Os in preseason work.

BroncoJoe
08-29-2016, 02:07 PM
Thanks, Cugel. None of us have even thought of your 5 point analysis.

:thumbsup:

slim
08-29-2016, 02:16 PM
Joe, I am working up a 10 point analysis that will prove to be quite fascinating.

Stay tuned....

BroncoJoe
08-29-2016, 02:22 PM
Joe, I am working up a 10 point analysis that will prove to be quite fascinating.

Stay tuned....

I can't wait! I'm assuming it'll be in the lounge and involve Dave?

slim
08-29-2016, 02:24 PM

Hmmm...I hadn't considered this.

I think this is a good idea.

wayninja
08-29-2016, 02:29 PM

Stay tuned....

I hope all 10 points are slight tweaks of each other such that it really could just be summarized in a single point.

Those are the best.

BroncoJoe
08-29-2016, 02:31 PM
I hope all 10 points are slight tweaks of each other such that it really could just be summarized in a single point.

Those are the best.

We should create a Cugel/Joel section on the forum. It would get to 100 pages with 5 posts.

BroncoJoe
08-29-2016, 02:31 PM

Those are the best.

We should create a Cugel/Joel section on the forum. It would get to 100 pages with 5 posts and say nothing.

BroncoJoe
08-29-2016, 03:11 PM
Now it's been announced that Paxton will play the entire game on Thursday.

slim
08-29-2016, 03:42 PM
Now it's been announced that Paxton will play the entire game on Thursday.

I was hoping he would. It gives me a reason to watch.

TXBRONC
08-29-2016, 04:40 PM
I was hoping he would. It gives me a reason to watch.

As well as Lynch has played I felt pretty confident he was going to get to start the 4th preseason game.

Valar Morghulis
08-29-2016, 05:14 PM

i hope so

ShaneFalco
08-29-2016, 06:18 PM
trying to trade to the cowboys i heard on radio.

Dzone
08-29-2016, 07:13 PM
Sanchez has been nothing but a class act all the way. After Saturdays game against the rams , he Even told the Broncos PR dept he would be willing to speak to the press if it would help.
Sanchez is a good dude, too bad he sucks as a QB

TXBRONC
08-29-2016, 07:51 PM
Sanchez has been nothing but a class act all the way. After Saturdays game against the rams , he Even told the Broncos PR dept he would be willing to speak to the press if it would help.

If he had just done a better job of limiting his mistakes I think he would be the starter going into week one of the season.

pnbronco
08-30-2016, 05:57 PM

I know I just wish he could get out of his own head and use the skills he has. This was today and again class act all the way.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Sanchez-focused-on-helping-team/20704425-3800-4cc1-be81-d6f22566b2a7

TXBRONC
08-31-2016, 01:57 PM
I know I just wish he could get out of his own head and use the skills he has. This was today and again class act all the way.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Sanchez-focused-on-helping-team/20704425-3800-4cc1-be81-d6f22566b2a7

A mental hurdle is sometimes harder to overcome than physical limitations.

slim
08-31-2016, 03:02 PM
A mental hurdle is sometimes harder to overcome than physical limitations.

True, it's why addiction is such a bitch.

Poet
08-31-2016, 04:07 PM

I just can't give up burgers, man.

slim
08-31-2016, 04:39 PM
I just can't give up burgers, man.

It's not your fault. It's a disease.

Valar Morghulis
08-31-2016, 04:45 PM
I just can't give up hookers, man.

Me neither

Simple Jaded
08-31-2016, 08:24 PM
Me neither

*Either

Valar Morghulis
09-01-2016, 01:51 AM
*Either

*neither

TXBRONC
09-01-2016, 11:18 AM

Having watched someone wrestle with an addiction, I agree.

Simple Jaded
09-01-2016, 08:20 PM
*neither

*nor

Valar Morghulis
09-01-2016, 11:51 PM
*nor

*neither

*gfy

Simple Jaded
09-02-2016, 01:34 AM
*neither

*gfy

*Either/or

*t('_')

Joel
09-03-2016, 10:25 PM
Y'know, the Austin Davis thread would've made a LOT more sense if anyone had bothered to update this one.

CrazyHorse
09-03-2016, 10:27 PM
Goodbye Mark "Dirty" Sanchez. We hardly knew you.

Poet
09-03-2016, 10:28 PM
I hate Mark Sanchez so I'm glad he's gone. He's got no talent and never gets better. While he seems like a decent guy, I don't give a ****. I hope he fails in Dallas.

turftoad
09-03-2016, 11:40 PM
I just read Ziggy's first post when he started this thread!
Right on Ziggy!

slim
09-04-2016, 09:59 AM
I hate Mark Sanchez so I'm glad he's gone. He's got no talent and never gets better. While he seems like a decent guy, I don't give a ****. I hope he fails in Dallas.

MO is gonna have words with you.

MOtorboat
09-04-2016, 11:17 AM
MO is gonna have words with you.

About what?

Cugel
09-05-2016, 12:15 AM
They see all of the practices, they get the game tape of preseason games from angles we can't see, and they saw both guys all offseason. While it might seem from the fan perspective that it makes more sense to go with the veteran if they are otherwise more or less equal, they clearly saw it a different way.

Broncowave is right here. I didn't agree with releasing Sanchez, because of the risk of having two rookies with 1 career start between them, and the belief that bringing in another veteran QB would not help because he wouldn't know the system.

But, Elway clearly has more confidence in Siemian than I do, or he viewed Sanchez as worse than I did. OK, fair enough. I defer to his judgement if he didn't think Sanchez could help him.

Personally, I expect Siemian to struggle against Carolina. They are going to throw the kitchen sink at him and this inexperienced OL playing together.

Ziggy
09-05-2016, 09:55 AM
Broncowave is right here. I didn't agree with releasing Sanchez, because of the risk of having two rookies with 1 career start between them, and the belief that bringing in another veteran QB would not help because he wouldn't know the system.

But, Elway clearly has more confidence in Siemian than I do, or he viewed Sanchez as worse than I did. OK, fair enough. I defer to his judgement if he didn't think Sanchez could help him.

Personally, I expect Siemian to struggle against Carolina. They are going to throw the kitchen sink at him and this inexperienced OL playing together.

Considering Peyton Manning struggled against them, I would hope so. The kid is playing his first NFL game against one of the top defenses in the league. I'd be shocked if he didn't struggle. This game is going to be as ugly as the Super Bowl was.....hopefully with the same result.

TXBRONC
09-05-2016, 05:35 PM

Releasing Mark Sanchez didn't mean they would go with just two quarterbacks. I figured they would bring in another veteran quarterback if Sanchez was let go.