PDA

View Full Version : What we learned tonight

Northman
08-20-2016, 11:17 PM
That we still dont have a definitive QB for this team.

Siemien and Sanchez while at times looked decent both got sloppy with the football and both seemed to tank mentally after having turnovers. Lynch, who played with the bottom of the barrel at least showed some moxie to try and make plays when nothing was there. I hate, i mean i really hate the idea of Lynch starting the season but if this is the best that the other two can do why bother holding Lynch back. As someone noted in the other thread, Lynch will not learn anything from these guys. I hope Kubes actually lets Paxton run with the ones next week. At worst, Lynch will look like a rookie but with Sanchez looking worse than Nick Foles with 2nd tier players and Siemien unable to overcome his turnover i dont see the harm with letting Lynch have a shot. He really cant do any worse than the other two at this point.

BroncoWave
08-20-2016, 11:21 PM
I think people are going to be disappointed if they are hoping/expecting for Lynch to play with the 1s next week. I don't think Kubes is trying to rush him in, especially behind our questionable o-line. I think there is almost no chance Lynch is starting any time soon.

GEM
08-20-2016, 11:31 PM
Well from what I've heard, John lynch, who knows a thing about football, said we should stay lynch next week. Is that true?

MOtorboat
08-21-2016, 12:11 AM
I think C.J. Anderson and Devontae Booker make a nice tandem at running back.

Even though our backup defense wasn't great tonight, I still think we have the best and deepest defense in the league.

I hope Zaire Anderson makes the team. I like him.

I think Cody Latimer is better than he was last year.

I think Kalif Raymond should make the team as a returner

I hope Jordan Taylor makes the team.

I think the offensive line is still shaky, but the starters look like they'll be a better unit at the end of the day. I think the depth at offensive line is awful.

Timmy!
08-21-2016, 12:12 AM
I like our fb.

DenBronx
08-21-2016, 12:16 AM
Why do we have such a shitty OL every year?

BroncoWave
08-21-2016, 12:16 AM
We also learned that our kick/punt return game is awful. If we just fair catch every punt and take a knee on every kickoff that goes into the endzone, I won't be disappointed.

DenBronx
08-21-2016, 12:19 AM
I think we learned that Ronnie Hillman is going to get cut soon.

MOtorboat
08-21-2016, 12:23 AM
We also learned that our kick/punt return game is awful. If we just fair catch every punt and take a knee on every kickoff that goes into the endzone, I won't be disappointed.

I was hoping that they were asking him to come out of the end zone. Raymond hasn't put the ball on the ground yet.

G_Money
08-21-2016, 12:26 AM
Well from what I've heard, John lynch, who knows a thing about football, said we should stay lynch next week. Is that true?

That's what John Lynch said. And then right after the game Kubiak reiterated he was gonna take it slow with Paxton Lynch and hinted the starting job was still between the other two. He was trying to hold up a flashing neon sign. "The kid is The Future, but he's not ready and I'm not gonna break him. Stop trying to rush it."

It's hard not to rush it when the other two aren't gonna be any better, though. Paxton Lynch might not start Week One at QB, but I'm really doubting he won't be starting Week 10 at this point.

G_Money
08-21-2016, 12:28 AM
I was hoping that they were asking him to come out of the end zone. Raymond hasn't put the ball on the ground yet.

I assume they wanted to see some returns. Coaches don't learn anything from enforced kneeldowns. We'd better be kneeling down every kick in the end zone this year, though. Starting everything at the 25 is too useful. I still think that's gonna backfire and kickers are gonna squib it or pop it up to the 5, and mess up this "fewer dangerous returns" thing.

Dapper Dan
08-21-2016, 12:42 AM
Bring back Tebow.

7DnBrnc53
08-21-2016, 01:16 AM
QB is going to be a tough decision, but right now, I feel that they should start Lynch Week 1, or don't play him at all this year.

OrangeHoof
08-21-2016, 01:22 AM
That ugly sequence at the end of the half looked like the "old Sanchez". Ball security skills are truly his downfall. Semian threw the one telegraphed interception but, otherwise, had a good day. I don't think Semian has quite the zip that the other two have but he has a good enough arm to still lead the offense.

My big takeaway was that most of our third-stringers flat out blow chunks. Neither line was very good in the second half, the linebackers were slow and if Lynch had been with NFL-caliber receivers in the second half, he might have pulled it out.

ShaneFalco
08-21-2016, 01:23 AM
Bring back Tebow.

:welcome:

But seriously. I hope Sieman starts. I want nothing to do with Sanchez anymore.

Simple Jaded
08-21-2016, 02:31 AM
I thought Seimian looked fine, Sanchez too until his final drive to start the 3rd. Ultimately, I hope they start with experience and work their way to Lynch when/if he's ready, the schejoo is brutal to start the season. I think I'd rather have Ponder than either Sanchez and Seimian. Lynch has a tiny head, looks like Beetlejuice.

I like the starting OL but the depth is a joke, they have at most 8 legitimate NFL players on the OL. Out of 16 lineman on the roster 8 of them are UDFA's. Schofield actually looks better at LT than RT, by now he'd have given up 4-5 sacks but he keeps his feet moving better on the left side. Dillon Day is horrible at G and should spend another season on the PS at C.

DT looks sweet, Latimer and Green stepping up. Whichever Raymond or Addison doesn't make the 53 will make the PS because Taylor will make the 53 if he can continue to execute more than just Go routes. Rather take a shot at Justin Hunter.

Hillman too little, too late, but wouldn't mind seeing what he can do when there's actually some blocking up front. If the OL doesn't improve I don't see the point in keeping him.

I think they need one more run stopper in the middle of the DL if they're going to play Kilgo at DE much. Koht is quick off the snap, I hope he makes PS.

Watson stood out again, should move inside when Ware comes back, imo.

Webster hasn't made Denver forget Talib yet but I'm sure it's inevitable.

I don't remember seeing Torean Nixon at all this season, the Colorado kid might take his PS spot.

Joel
08-21-2016, 02:32 AM
I hate, i mean i really hate the idea of Lynch starting the season but if this is the best that the other two can do why bother holding Lynch back.
Because he can't be mentally and/or physically crippled on the bench, but both are alarmingly likely on the field. Our perpetually porous offensive line's unable to protect the passer OR provide consistent run support to both divert and deter blitzers as well as reduce 3rd and long scenarios that make blitzes inevitable. Several people have noted how well Prescott's played so far (admittedly only in preseason) and if we had Dallas' line and run support, I'd feel differently.

We don't, so making Lynch a rookie starter's far more likely to go like it did for David Carr and Andrew Luck (he of last years broken ribs and bruised spleen; that's what happens when you play Six-Man Football against the NFLs top pass rushers.)

As someone noted in the other thread, Lynch will not learn anything from these guys.
Yes and no: They can teach him what DOESN'T work, and that's at least as valuable for a talented but raw rookie as learning what DOES work. He can still learn from Kubiak, in the film room and on the practice field regardless, so when he takes the field as the starter NEXT season we won't have to give him the Readers Digest Condensed Playbook and a wristband complete with his teammates' names.

I hope Kubes actually lets Paxton run with the ones next week.
I agree for other reasons. If Lynch IS #3 QB all year, the next few weeks are his ONLY chances to acquaint himself and build rapport with our playmaking starters, so we should make the most of them. Although, as noted elsewhere, if Lynch instead becomes the starter NOW, developing that chemistry sooner than later will be even more critical. The only real argument against starting him next week is that Sanchez or Siemian may need more time to ripen (or ferment...) before Opening Day.

Regardless, it took us almost 20 years to win another SB after our second, but the franchise didn't burn down in the interim: We don't have to repeat EVERY time. Yes, elite Ds are as shortlived as elite everything else, but I'm not talking about tanking the next 5 seasons, nor even this season: Just don't throw the franchise QB to the wolves before we have a way to prevent him getting eaten alive. I don't want to become one of those teams that uses up top rookie QBs so fast it has a top five overall pick to spend on one every year, but squanders his talent just as often. I guarantee our D can't remain elite long enough to overcome that.

Joel
08-21-2016, 03:01 AM
I thought Seimian looked fine, Sanchez too until his final drive to start the 3rd. Ultimately, I hope they start with experience and work their way to Lynch when/if he's ready, the schejoo is brutal to start the season. I think I'd rather have Ponder than either Sanchez and Seimian. Lynch has a tiny head, looks like Beetlejuice.
I couldn't see last weeks game nor this ones first quarter, so all I can offer is that Sanchez looked great until he looked awful, and never rebounded, while Lynch looked as good as we could expect with anonymous receivers and the dregs of blockers on a team whose STARTERS are well below average. Hence I keep harping on G_Money (and Kubiaks!) "don't rush him and break him." To hear folks talk, you'd think Kubiak was in his final contract year with a .500 team, not a guy who just won a freakin' SB his FIRST year with the team. What Denver just did was unprecedented on many levels: Just how impossibly high are the average fans standards?

I like the starting OL but the depth is a joke, they have at most 8 legitimate NFL players on the OL. Out of 16 lineman on the roster 8 of them are UDFA's. Schofield actually looks better at LT than RT, by now he'd have given up 4-5 sacks but he keeps his feet moving better on the left side. Dillon Day is horrible at G and should spend another season on the PS at C.
I'll wait and see on the starters. Okung's legit when healthy, but Stephenson owes most of his KC snaps to the FA departure of TWO far better OTs, and Sambrailo's been healthy all of what, a MONTH of his CAREER? Inside, Paradis was vulnerable to bull rushes up the gut last year, while he AND Garcia routinely bit on stunts and delayed blitzes, and does anyone even KNOW who's our starting RG?

That said, I said I've barely seen any of just two preseason games, so will skeptically hope for the best. I trust Dennison as much as Kubiak, but you and I both know his smoke and mirrors with mediocre linemen has about the same life expectancy as Kubiaks with mediocre QBs: It works until opponents have a library full of game film; then you're just trying to go the distance.

DT looks sweet, Latimer and Green stepping up. Whichever Raymond or Addison doesn't make the 53 will make the PS because Taylor will make the 53 if he can continue to execute more than just Go routes. Rather take a shot at Justin Hunter.
Green and Taylor stood out even in the little I've seen of preseason. Glad to see we're using Green more as a receiver, because I think he can be the kind of Compleat TE we need, especially for Kubiaks offense.

Hillman too little, too late, but wouldn't mind seeing what he can do when there's actually some blocking up front. If the OL doesn't improve I don't see the point in keeping him.
Unless the line improves, the harsh truth is it probably doesn't matter whom we keep: Whoever it is must still spend most of the season struggling through gang tackles to turn -2 into +2 before our sacrificial QB goes out on 3rd and 7 throwing into the teeth of a 7-man blitz or 7-man coverage. Call it "accidental Martyball."

I think they need one more run stopper in the middle of the DL if they're going to play Kilgo at DE much.
With Crick and Gotsis shining while Wolfe remains Wolfe, hopefully they won't do that, because losing Walker means we need a rotational NT to keep Sly fresh as badly as we need one to keep our starting DEs fresh. It's hard to see Crick, Gotsis or Kilgo failing to make the team IF we have the roster space, but that's where losing Walkers versatile excellence hurts the most.

Watson stood out again, should move inside when Ware comes back, imo.
I'll take your word for what I haven't witnessed. If nothing else, I'm also skeptical of safety-sized ILBs, so would welcome him in that respect.

Webster hasn't made Denver forget Talib yet but I'm sure it's inevitable.
Now you're just trolling. ;) My argument's not that Webster will make us forget Talib, but that ROBY will, and Webster will simply fill the gap created by no longer having an elite CB to cover each opponents 3rd best WR. Webster may end up outside since both Harris and Roby have played well inside (I personally think Harris is better there, because it makes him less vulnerable to burners and his pure coverage and tackling skills more valuable) but they'll remain our top 2, with Webster #3.

Dapper Dan
08-21-2016, 03:07 AM
I watched it on the radio. They all looked terrible.

Simple Jaded
08-21-2016, 03:50 AM
I troll.

TXBRONC
08-21-2016, 07:41 AM
I troll.

Yes, you are an excellent troller.:salute:

AgentOrange
08-21-2016, 10:29 AM
I troll.
Therefore I am.

BroncoWave
08-21-2016, 10:30 AM
I don't remember seeing Torean Nixon at all this season, the Colorado kid might take his PS spot.

Nixon has been injured, was out this game. But yeah, that's not a good way to make the team when you're on the bubble.

BroncoJoe
08-21-2016, 10:34 AM

Kubiak sums it up well.

Dapper Dan
08-21-2016, 10:35 AM
I troll.

They see you trollin. They hatin.

Valar Morghulis
08-21-2016, 10:45 AM
They see you trollin. They hatin.

They hate us because they anus

Denver Native (Carol)
08-21-2016, 11:26 AM
“I think they all had their ups and downs tonight,” Anderson said of the quarterbacks. “We look at Trevor, and we had a great first drive. Came out in the second drive, throws a pick-six, and then plays OK. Mark gets in and is fine but the next thing you know he’s getting stripped-sacks. It’s a bunch of people who we have to do our job to make their job a lot easier and I just think that’s what next week is. I don’t think next week is so big on them, I think the pressure is more on the O-line, tight ends, running backs and receivers to do our job the way we know we can do it to make their job easier.”

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/20/denver-broncos-san-francisco-49ers-preseason-trevor-siemian-mark-sanchez/

Krugan
08-22-2016, 12:44 PM
About all i got out of that game was, our oline is a fn messy mess.

Sanchez has a almost equal td to int ration for a reason, and trevor is raw, but a step ahead of lynch in command.

Future is interesting, the right now is more of the same, with a new name behind center...

weazel
08-22-2016, 12:50 PM
Broncos in for a long season...

Poet
08-22-2016, 12:56 PM
Sanchez is probably the worst QB who has stayed in the league. It's like there's a magical timer that dictates he turn the ball over for no damn reason. He is the Tiki Barber of QB's.

Trevor S. is an undertalented guy who is easy to root for. I get it. But he's not good at anything. And he's so young that he's still going to make absurd mistakes because of that youth.

How does Lynch not start?

Timmy!
08-22-2016, 01:11 PM
I guess im the only one not worried about this.

NightTerror218
08-22-2016, 01:15 PM
Learned that OL is a mess after 1st string with the excwption of Connor McGovern. OL is all fresh faces again and needa to gel.

http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Broncos-rookie-OL-Connor-McGovern-makes-PFFs-Team-of-the-Week-46896905

Broncoknight30
08-22-2016, 03:21 PM
I have not read all of the posts, but I was a little discouraged by the second team defense getting a bit pushed around in the second quarter. I thought Shaq Barrett did not have his best game. The pass rush with that group was also non existent pretty much.

Kind of apparent to me that Hillman is fighting for a roster spot.

iLands
08-22-2016, 03:33 PM
Time to unleash the Wild Horse offense with CJ!

/s

NightTrainLayne
08-22-2016, 03:42 PM

Nah, but there's only a few it seems.

ChairmanBron
08-22-2016, 04:00 PM
Couple of videos on every pass from Siemian and Lynch. No video was posted from Sanchez.

Video on Trevor

https://youtu.be/Z2c8Fflumb8

Video on Paxton. I wonder why he was in the gun the whole time except for one play.

https://youtu.be/WL8mhvRWZQk

Krugan
08-22-2016, 04:30 PM

Just for my own 2 cents, im not worried at all.

Im a little concerned for the health of whomever sits behind center, this oline, while has a couple nice pieces, isnt a strong enough unit to give me warm fuzzies.

The d, will be solid, end of last year good? Pretty damn hard to duplicate what the did in the playoffs, or the season as a whole.

Dapper Dan
08-22-2016, 04:54 PM
Just for my own 2 cents, im not worried at all.

Im a little concerned for the health of whomever sits behind center, this oline, while has a couple nice pieces, isnt a strong enough unit to give me warm fuzzies.

The d, will be solid, end of last year good? Pretty damn hard to duplicate what the did in the playoffs, or the season as a whole.

I love a solid d.

BroncoWave
08-22-2016, 05:25 PM
I love a solid d.

Dammit slim, stop hacking people's accounts!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-22-2016, 05:33 PM
Couple of videos on every pass from Siemian and Lynch. No video was posted from Sanchez.

Video on Trevor

https://youtu.be/Z2c8Fflumb8

Video on Paxton. I wonder why he was in the gun the whole time except for one play.

https://youtu.be/WL8mhvRWZQk

Some of the throws Lynch makes...wow. He made a few throws off the back of his foot under duress and I'm expecting the ball to flutter short. Then the ball still finishes well. ..not many guys can do that.

TXBRONC
08-22-2016, 05:54 PM
I'm not worried about the quarterback situation. I have no control over it so why worry about it? It is however, a fun subject to talk about.

LawDog
08-22-2016, 06:05 PM
Did anyone go to the game and have some of the new Frito pie??? Did we learn anything from said sampling?

Pudge
08-22-2016, 07:13 PM
Did anyone go to the game and have some of the new Frito pie??? Did we learn anything from said sampling?

Finally someone is asking the important questions

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forum Runner

Northman
08-23-2016, 03:31 AM
I'm not worried about the quarterback situation. I have no control over it so why worry about it? It is however, a fun subject to talk about.

Wait? Is this a forum for talking football related things?

TXBRONC
08-23-2016, 06:39 AM
Wait? Is this a forum for talking football related things?

I thought it was. :confused: