PDA

View Full Version : Best Broncos morning/drive time/evening radio right now?

Tned
08-19-2016, 07:42 AM
I have barely been able to keep up with the Broncos this training camp. A bit hectic at the moment, but trying to start to catch up and follow closer as we get towards the Panther's rematch.

Streaming Schlereth and Evans right now on 104.3 as checking email and getting ready for work.

I know there have been several shakeups in Denver sports talk over the last year or so. So, these days, what are the best choices for morning, drive time and evening Broncos talk.

Is Vic on the radio at the moment? If so, where and what time?

Thanks

T

MasterShake
08-19-2016, 02:01 PM
Its mostly 104.3 The Fan. They are practically nothing but Broncos talk 24/7 and its all local aside from Mike and Mike which ends at 6AM. Vic is on Altitude Sports http://www.altitudesports950.com/lineup but I haven't checked them out yet as they are pretty new. That may change today since I just learned Nate Kreckman and Tom Nalen are back together for drive time. I'm getting real sick of Big Al and Dmac at this point, I don't know why. I've never heard two guys talk so much and not say anything.

EDIT: Looks like the lineup for 950AM is all local too aside from Rich Eisen from 10-1pm MST. Then after 7PM its all Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche stuff via Yahoo Sports Radio. Vic's show just started at 1pm MST and I'm listening now at work.

dogfish
08-19-2016, 03:53 PM
nate and nalen on 950 is the best right now, IMO. . . vic is on 950 as well, and still just as douchey as ever. . .

tomjonesrocks
08-19-2016, 05:03 PM
I just can't stand Schlereth and Evans. Think they're both unlistenable.

I'd have Clough, Al and DMac and Cecil all over them. Which is frustrating as that's drive time on PT.

BroncoWave
08-19-2016, 05:11 PM
vic is on 950 as well, and still just as douchey as ever. . .

I don't agree with you on much but this I do. I don't listen to him on the radio, but he is quite the douche on Twitter.

slim
08-19-2016, 05:15 PM
When Vic and Gary had their morning show, they were the best thing going. I miss that show.

Not a lot of options now.

Tned
08-19-2016, 06:22 PM
When/where is Lammey?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2016, 07:00 PM
When/where is Lammey?

It's kind of confusing. Sandy Clough was gone from the fan for quite a while. Not sure if it ever came out exactly why. While he was gone, Lammey was in his spot. Not long ago, Clough came back, and Lammey said that he would have reports on the fan from training camp, and during the season. I do not listen to the fan much any more to know when Lammey comes on with these reports, but he does not have a regular time on there any more as far as I know.

Edit - Just went to the fan, and on the menu, it has Cecil listed after DMac and Big Al

http://1043thefan.com/

MasterShake
08-19-2016, 09:06 PM
It's kind of confusing. Sandy Clough was gone from the fan for quite a while. Not sure if it ever came out exactly why. While he was gone, Lammey was in his spot. Not long ago, Clough came back, and Lammey said that he would have reports on the fan from training camp, and during the season. I do not listen to the fan much any more to know when Lammey comes on with these reports, but he does not have a regular time on there any more as far as I know.

Edit - Just went to the fan, and on the menu, it has Cecil listed after DMac and Big Al

http://1043thefan.com/

Cecil also jumps on throughout the day to do reports. I imagine his Football Insider show will be back in the evenings as you pointed out Carol, usually fantasy football stuff.

Simple Jaded
08-21-2016, 01:43 PM
Lammey will no doubt be back for his Game Time Decisions, with is quite good, but he can't carry a show solo like Clough can...and I doubt anyone wants to works with him.

Simple Jaded
08-21-2016, 01:52 PM
Helmer and Hastings is good and getting better, Lauren Gardner is smokin hot. I flip between 950 and 104.3 in morning, stick with Clough for the most part, then flip between CJ/Stokley and Vic and the other guy (which, with Clough, is about the only Avs talk you'll get), then listen to Nate/Nalen the rest of the day.

If I'm out late I listen to 103.1

Tned
08-22-2016, 07:52 AM
Ok, so it sounds like the main options are 104.3 and 950. During the playoff run and around the draft, I also listened to 760, which has McCaffrey, Lindahl and Romi Bean (she's doing TV now, so don't know if she still produces their show). 760 also has a lot of national shows, so I mostly just listened to the drive time/evening show, as I have no interest in the national/syndicated shows.

I can only take short stings of Dmac and Al. Al, at times just seems idiotic.

Simple Jaded
08-22-2016, 11:25 PM
There's also local stuff on 104.7, I think.

Tned
08-25-2016, 06:55 AM
Is there any local, Broncos focused shows on earlier than 6am (7AM my time). 5-6AM Mountain time is my ideal listening time.

I've gone around the dial (well, stream equivalents to it) and all I'm hearing is national shows at that time.

DenBronx
08-25-2016, 08:04 AM
I'm looking for podcast or recorded shows that I can stream later on the way to work. Where would I find something like that for Broncos talk?

BroncoJoe
08-25-2016, 09:27 AM
I'm pretty sure 104.3 has podcasts on their site that you can download.

http://1043thefan.com/category/podcasts/

Denver Native (Carol)
08-25-2016, 10:12 AM
I'm pretty sure 104.3 has podcasts on their site that you can download.

http://1043thefan.com/category/podcasts/

So does altitude. Other stations may also have podcasts

DenBronx
09-11-2016, 06:14 AM
Bump. I have been listening to Altitude Sports. It's pretty good if you need to stream on the way to work. I like listening to Tom Nalen.

MileHighCrew
09-11-2016, 07:24 AM
I listen to 104.3 the fan. It was the only one I found an app for in the google store. Technology is great driving to work in Canada listening to the radio from Denver.

DenBronx
09-11-2016, 07:32 AM
I listen to 104.3 the fan. It was the only one I found an app for in the google store. Technology is great driving to work in Canada listening to the radio from Denver.

I didn't know they had an app. Just downloaded it. I like it bc you can stream and it will keep playing when your phone goes into sleep mode.

MasterShake
09-12-2016, 04:19 PM

I like the Tune In Radio app. You can get both the good local sports stations (950 AM and 104.3) and has lots of other great stations available. Much better than I Heart Radio in my opinion.

Tned
11-03-2016, 07:37 AM
Ok, at least via the 104.3 website, Evans and Schlereth seem to be off the air in the morning. They used to come on 6am Mountain, but this weeks it's been national ESPN programming. 750 seems to be national radio, just tuning into 950, but it seems to be national radio as well (don't recognize host and they are talking Cubs). Website shows morning shows starting at 7:00 mountain with Vic.

Is there any morning drive time left in Denver?

Tned
08-28-2017, 12:12 AM
Rather than create a new thread, figured I would post it in here: Southstands posted these. Eric Goodman then responded about it being common knowlege. I know I replied to Eric that it wasn't to me, what's up and not long after, he deleted his "it's common knowledge" tweet.

So, anyone know which Denver sports talk station is changing hands?

@southstands303: If the people involved in the story that I think is going down allow Dusty Saunders or whomever inside first I will not be happy
@southstands303: I am aware of some information relating to the changing hands of a Sports Talk radio station here in Denver and I hope to break a story soon

Simple Jaded
08-28-2017, 02:48 AM
I listen to Lombardi in the am, Manchester is great.

Simple Jaded
08-28-2017, 02:50 AM
Who tf is southstands?

Ziggy
08-28-2017, 10:53 AM
760 Orange and Blue (Iheart Radio) has Tyler Polumbus and Andy Lindall. Pretty good show. It seems that since it's technically half owned by the Broncos there's a lot less drama and shock jock crap. They also have a lot of inside info and interviews. It's all Broncos all the time.

Hawgdriver
08-28-2017, 10:59 AM
760 Orange and Blue (Iheart Radio) has Tyler Polumbus and Andy Lindall. Pretty good show. It seems that since it's technically half owned by the Broncos there's a lot less drama and shock jock crap. They also have a lot of inside info and interviews. It's all Broncos all the time.

Once you go Polumbus you never go back.

slim
08-28-2017, 02:21 PM
I listen to Lombardi in the am, Manchester is great.

What station is Lombardi on?

BeefStew25
08-28-2017, 02:27 PM
I'm looking for podcast or recorded shows that I can stream later on the way to work. Where would I find something like that for Broncos talk?

The Beef n Hoe Show is solid.

dogfish
08-28-2017, 02:39 PM

he is currently douching up altitude's airwaves. . .

slim
08-28-2017, 02:40 PM
he is currently douching up altitude's airwaves. . .

Oh, not a fan?

I used like the morning show he used have with other guy (can't remember his name).

Hawgdriver
08-28-2017, 02:43 PM
I miss Oren.

Buff
08-28-2017, 02:50 PM
I didn't plan it this way - but this is the year I finally stopped listening to sports radio all together. I was a Kreckman guy, but then the constant musical chairs of local stations opening/closing and local talent coming & going made it so even if I wanted to listen, I wouldn't know who to listen to. It's all pretty dopey anyway - I just like to hear the insider reports and interviews with guys close to the team. Which is like 10% of the content.

I get what I need on twitter and here almost exclusively.

Tned
08-28-2017, 03:28 PM
760 has by far the best lineup.

BeefStew25
08-28-2017, 04:08 PM
Lammey could have been the best.

tomjonesrocks
08-28-2017, 07:32 PM
760 has by far the best lineup.

I'm giving this a shot and I do like Polumbus - but the ad blocks are absurd. Unless your commute is 40 minutes or more (like mine - which I'd think would be less common for Colorado) 760 would barely be an option unless you want to hear nothing but ads on your commute.

The Fan is at least available via ad-free podcast. Even though their hosts waste time talking about their kids or whatever it's still more content than I seem to get on live 760. Even live The Fan seems to have far fewer commercials.

Tned
08-28-2017, 07:35 PM
I'm giving this a shot and I do like Polimbus - but the ad blocks are absurd. Unless your commute is 40 minutes or more (like mine - which I'd think would be less common for Colorado) 760 would barely be an option unless you want to hear nothing but ads on your commute.
Not really. I think they have two large ones per hour, but unlike other don't have ads at the top of the hour.

dogfish
08-28-2017, 08:49 PM
Oh, not a fan?

i'm really not at all. . . that guy is so self-absorbed, it's a complete joke. . . he isn't capable of talking about anything but himself-- no matter the topic, he finds a way to make it about him quick. . . which is probably still better than the rest of the altitude team besides harris/kreckman. . . if you tune in to the hastings or mosier shows, basically all they talk about is julie browman's kitchen re-model, or her new diet, or some other utterly irrelevant bullshit. . . they should bring back tom nails, and get rid of all the rest of their hacks. . .

760 isn't off to a much better start-- turned it on on my way home, and they were also talking about effin' sandwiches. . . all broncos all the time my ass!

Simple Jaded
08-28-2017, 09:11 PM

AM950 at 7:00

slim
08-28-2017, 09:15 PM
i'm really not at all. . . that guy is so self-absorbed, it's a complete joke. . . he isn't capable of talking about anything but himself-- no matter the topic, he finds a way to make it about him quick. . . which is probably still better than the rest of the altitude team besides harris/kreckman. . . if you tune in to the hastings or mosier shows, basically all they talk about is julie browman's kitchen re-model, or her new diet, or some other utterly irrelevant bullshit. . . they should bring back tom nails, and get rid of all the rest of their hacks. . .

760 isn't off to a much better start-- turned it on on my way home, and they were also talking about effin' sandwiches. . . all broncos all the time my ass!

Yeah, Ive tried 760 a few times and there isnt much there. Pretty boring programming, but it was a pretty small sample size.

Tned
08-28-2017, 09:20 PM

Well, they all wander off topic now and then, but 760 is pretty close to all Broncos all the time. All the time with the Caveat that they are something like 7-7 Denver time and then replay their shows the other 12 hours.

In the morning they have Andy Lindahl and Tyler Polumbus, who joke around a bit, but is pretty much non stop roster analysis, position battle talk, game break downs, etc. Then, an hour of Dave Logan with pre-recorded interviews with various people (not a big fan of this), the Brandon Krisztal and Steve Atwater, and finally Mike Rice and Andrew Mason in the drive time slot. During the day they get guys like Klis and others on to talk about TC and other things.

These guys are light years ahead of any other station in terms of being focused on talking Broncos, rather than just throwing out chum to rile fans up like some of the other stations do.

If you hit their website, you could hit some of their podcasts (really just recording of the shows) and bounce around to various parts of a few shows and you will see what I mean.

NightTrainLayne
08-28-2017, 09:33 PM
I've really been enjoying Polumbus and Lindahl in the mornings on 760.

I love Steve Atwater as a player, but I can't listen to him in the afternoons. Just isn't there yet.

Dave Logan's one-on-one interview hour is usually pretty good.

I like Mase on the drive home, but I'm a huge fan of Pat Kirwin on Sirius/XM in the afternoons as well, so I have been finding myself there more often than not.

Tned
08-28-2017, 09:36 PM
I've really been enjoying Polumbus and Lindahl in the mornings on 760.

I love Steve Atwater as a player, but I can't listen to him in the afternoons. Just isn't there yet.

Dave Logan's one-on-one interview hour is usually pretty good.

I like Mase on the drive home, but I'm a huge fan of Pat Kirwin on Sirius/XM in the afternoons as well, so I have been finding myself there more often than not.

I'll admit BK and Atwater is a work in progress. Love Steve, but on the days I've listened, some have been better than others.

I love PK and found myself listening to Sirius over 104.3 in the past, but with Mase on talking Broncos with Mike Rice (most days, sometimes Corey Lopez) vs. PK covering all the teams, I've been exclusively 760 when I'm tuned to the radio (stream it in my car).

dogfish
08-28-2017, 10:57 PM
Well, they all wander off topic now and then, but 760 is pretty close to all Broncos all the time. All the time with the Caveat that they are something like 7-7 Denver time and then replay their shows the other 12 hours.

In the morning they have Andy Lindahl and Tyler Polumbus, who joke around a bit, but is pretty much non stop roster analysis, position battle talk, game break downs, etc. Then, an hour of Dave Logan with pre-recorded interviews with various people (not a big fan of this), the Brandon Krisztal and Steve Atwater, and finally Mike Rice and Andrew Mason in the drive time slot. During the day they get guys like Klis and others on to talk about TC and other things.

These guys are light years ahead of any other station in terms of being focused on talking Broncos, rather than just throwing out chum to rile fans up like some of the other stations do.

If you hit their website, you could hit some of their podcasts (really just recording of the shows) and bounce around to various parts of a few shows and you will see what I mean.

i was mostly joking-- although, i was legitimately annoyed when i tuned in hoping for some update on the QB situation, left guard, etc, and it's a couple of goobers discussing whether you have to have rye bread for a reuben. . . obviously, yes-- get back to my sports updates you chuckleheads!