PDA

View Full Version : Preseason Game 1 Afterthoughts

Ziggy
08-12-2016, 08:29 PM
1. Our defensive depth is absurd. The Broncos could field a competitive NFL defense with their backups.
2. Our offensive line depth........not so much.
3. The running game is still going to be strong this year.
4. We have some serious depth at receiver as well.
5. Paxton Lynch has the best feet out of the three quarterbacks. Other than the size, he looks nothing like Brock moving around out there.
6. Wade Phillips + John Elway's GM skills= A new defensive culture in Denver. This defense is going to be very good for a long time.
7. Now that I think about it, the Broncos have serious depth at every position outside of the offensive line and tight end.
8. I love the 2016 draft class. The young safeties both look like keepers.
9. I don't think we'll miss Malik much at all barring an injury to Wolfe.
10. The Kubiak offense is finally back in Denver.

Simple Jaded
08-12-2016, 08:47 PM
5. Plus, Lynch isn't afraid of Shadows.

BORDERLINE
08-12-2016, 09:27 PM
Vonttarious Dora looked legit. Did Shaq Barret play??? If Shaq can bring that same form and have this Dora guy step up that will allow D ware to stay fresh and really go after the QB on 3rd down.

I like what I saw out of Fowler. Did he just ad the lll to his name ?? Cody also looked good and sunshine had that toe drag swag on one play.

Booker looks legit. And even Bibbs provided a spark.

Oline will get the kinks worked out. Now the worry portion

Sanchez looked uncomfortable at the start. The TD was cool but it was misplayed by the Bears CB. Trevor looked good but I guess what I'm trying to say is there is no solid choice. With Manning at 30% we knew we had a proven leader. With Brock we knew we had the understudy ready to shine. These guys are still working so I'll hold my opinion on who should start after the 3rd game is played. But who really needs a QB when the defense is on ��������

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-12-2016, 09:27 PM
5. Plus, Lynch isn't afraid of Shadows.

Bahahaha!

CrazyHorse
08-13-2016, 12:09 AM
My main thought was that if they play this well in the regular season, the Broncos have a legitimate chance to repeat. It's possible the defense could be even better than last year. Same for the offense.

TXBRONC
08-13-2016, 08:44 AM
1. Our defensive depth is absurd. The Broncos could field a competitive NFL defense with their backups.

Your statement is no an exaggeration. I can't think of another team in the League that could legitimately claim they have good enough depth to be able field competitive defense with their reserves.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-13-2016, 12:55 PM
Your statement is no an exaggeration. I can't think of another team in the League that could legitimately claim they have good enough depth to be able field competitive defense with their reserves.

Webster and Roby are better than a lot of teams starting corners.

TXBRONC
08-13-2016, 02:26 PM
Webster and Roby are better than a lot of teams starting corners.

As much as Roby plays he's practically a starter.

OrangeHoof
08-13-2016, 02:50 PM
Lots of throws at Cody Latimer. Are they:

1) Showcasing him for a possible trade.
2) Making sure he's going to step up for a bigger role this season.
3) Just showing how much the Bears suck in the secondary.

??

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-13-2016, 03:39 PM
Lots of throws at Cody Latimer. Are they:

1) Showcasing him for a possible trade.
2) Making sure he's going to step up for a bigger role this season.
3) Just showing how much the Bears suck in the secondary.

??

4. All of the above?

TXBRONC
08-13-2016, 04:41 PM
I don't think they want to give up on him. He was a second round pick, but for the right price I'm sure they would trade him. I'm not sure how Sanchez for facing the Bears starting yet at same time down play Latimer's contribution since he caught passes from all three quarterbacks.

Simple Jaded
08-13-2016, 04:45 PM
I say they should keep Latimer.

TXBRONC
08-13-2016, 04:59 PM
I say they should keep Latimer.

I would bet they are. Now if they get offer for him Elway just can't refuse that changes everything.

Az Snake
08-14-2016, 06:29 PM
My main thought was that if they play this well in the regular season, the Broncos have a legitimate chance to repeat. It's possible the defense could be even better than last year. Same for the offense.

My thoughts exactly.
Let all the talking heads and naysayers bite.

TXBRONC
08-14-2016, 07:16 PM
My thoughts exactly.
Let all the talking heads and naysayers bite.

Imho the Broncos have a good chance repeat especially if they can get improvement out of the offense.

NightTerror218
08-16-2016, 12:52 PM
Sanchez looked good on most part. Stood in pocket to pass and took some big hits. I doubt siemen or lynch would do that. His deep pass was on money, defender slowed for some reason and got out of position.

His int was a tipped ball. He missed the defender underneath.

Sanchez and siemen were not amazing but sanchez moved the ball better. Siemen throws a nicer ball with zip. Bears 1st steing defense bad, 2nd string was horrible.

Their play was comparable but sanchez as a lot less time in this offense and with all WRs. Siemen got a lot of time last season with the 2s when manning was hurt.

If i had to play a QB with beat chance to win it would be sanchez. He can prob pick up blitzes and read defenses better from experience. He is only a stop gap for lynch. We have had other back ups light up preseason before and are no longer on the team.....