PDA

View Full Version : Adam Gotsis impressive.

Broncoknight30
08-12-2016, 08:34 AM
He certainly looked decent to me. Overall pleased with everything. The defense may not slide too much with the losses. Hopefully he stays healthy.

BigDaddyBronco
08-12-2016, 08:43 AM
Yea, it didn't look like they missed a beat with Wolfe, Walker, Crick and Gotsis.

iLands
08-12-2016, 09:00 AM
Goatsis flashed. Batting those balls made me so incredibly happy. If this is him raw, I'm pumped to see him with a year of NFL conditioning, physique, and coaching. Didn't look like the project he was billed as.

TXBRONC
08-12-2016, 09:40 AM
I was also impressed with Dora. He's an olb and wears number 68.

G_Money
08-12-2016, 12:28 PM
Dora and Gotsis both looked like killers last night. Huge motors and very disruptive. I had Dora aiming for the practice squad and a long-shot for the 53-man this year. If that's gonna happen we're gonna need to start hiding him in the remaining preseason games. Yeesh. Another game like that and we'll have no shot of slipping Dora through waivers.

Of course, it WAS the Bears... ;)

Davii
08-12-2016, 12:37 PM
Dora and Gotsis both looked like killers last night. Huge motors and very disruptive. I had Dora aiming for the practice squad and a long-shot for the 53-man this year. If that's gonna happen we're gonna need to start hiding him in the remaining preseason games. Yeesh. Another game like that and we'll have no shot of slipping Dora through waivers.

Of course, it WAS the Bears... ;)

If they keep playing like they both did yesterday they will both be on the 53 man. It's a good problem to have worrying that guys you cut will be on another team immediately.

TXBRONC
08-12-2016, 12:54 PM
If Dora has another game like that I don't see how Denver could slip him past waivers and onto the practice squad. Even if did players on practice squad are not safe. I don't recall exactly how the process works but another team can claim them.

Davii
08-12-2016, 01:00 PM
If Dora has another game like that I don't see how Denver could slip him past waivers and onto the practice squad. Even if did players on practice squad are not safe. I don't recall exactly how the process works but another team can claim them.

Yes, but they must sign them to their 53 man roster. They can't sign them to their practice squad, they have to suit up.

WARHORSE
08-12-2016, 01:00 PM
This defense is DEEP.

Loved what I saw from Gotsis. 3/4 staff on the rise.

Considering hes being baby stepped, Im excited. Dline is one of the hardest transitions to make into the NFL from college, especially DT, and he was coming up the gut with some aussie pride.

7/8 staff just writing this! ;)

TXBRONC
08-12-2016, 01:13 PM
Yes, but they must sign them to their 53 man roster. They can't sign them to their practice squad, they have to suit up.

True. A team lacking a rush linebacker might be tempted to put him other roster.

NightTerror218
08-12-2016, 01:30 PM
Problem is we are so deep at OLB, hard to make roster.

BroncoWave
08-12-2016, 01:32 PM

It's a good problem for us to have.

Traveler
08-12-2016, 02:35 PM
Even Crick and Watson got in on the action. Love the depth right now.

VonDoom
08-12-2016, 02:39 PM
Gotsis was impressive from what I saw. Dora was great too. That was a guy I had totally forgotten was on the roster. He's on my radar now - hope he can keep it up.

TXBRONC
08-12-2016, 07:59 PM

In this day and age you can never have enough pass rushers.

NightTerror218
08-16-2016, 12:44 PM
In this day and age you can never have enough pass rushers.

What position do you cut and make thin? If he plays ST that helps his chances?

TXBRONC
08-17-2016, 04:49 PM
What position do you cut and make thin? If he plays ST that helps his chances?

Other than Kapri Bibb, Juwan Thompson, and we're over loaded linebacker and in the secondary Keo and Murphy seem like really good possibilities to get cut.

Davii
08-17-2016, 07:24 PM
Other than Kapri Bibb, Juwan Thompson, and we're over loaded linebacker and in the secondary Keo and Murphy seem like really good possibilities to get cut.

Keo, with his suspension, is probably going to get cut. IMO

TXBRONC
08-17-2016, 07:35 PM
Keo, with his suspension, is probably going to get cut. IMO

I agree.

NightTerror218
08-17-2016, 10:24 PM

Juwan and bobbs should make over hillman. I did a 53 man projection and did not have keo or murphy making it and did not have space for him still.

Joel
08-18-2016, 03:20 AM
Doesn't the PS team also have the option of adding them to their own 53 to avoid losing them?

Even Crick and Watson got in on the action. Love the depth right now.
Of course: Elite defense is in Wade Phillips' DNA (sorry, but inevitable after that set up. :redface:)

elsid13
08-18-2016, 04:31 AM
Doesn't the PS team also have the option of adding them to their own 53 to avoid losing them?

Yes you can bring them up.

TXBRONC
08-18-2016, 06:29 AM
Juwan and bobbs should make over hillman. I did a 53 man projection and did not have keo or murphy making it and did not have space for him still.

My projection is different. Juwan is seldom used and just because he can play fullback doesn't mean make the team.

VonDoom
08-18-2016, 06:34 AM
My projection is different. Juwan is seldom used and just because he can play fullback doesn't mean make the team.

Yeah, Thompson is not making this team. If you look at the depth chart, he's not even listed with the RB's at all (so he would be behind Anderson, Booker, Bibbs and Hillman). He's listed as the #2 FB to Janovich. That doesn't scream "roster guy" to me.

TXBRONC
08-18-2016, 06:53 AM
Yeah, Thompson is not making this team. If you look at the depth chart, he's not even listed with the RB's at all (so he would be behind Anderson, Booker, Bibbs and Hillman). He's listed as the #2 FB to Janovich. That doesn't scream "roster guy" to me.

I don't see Denver carrying two fullbacks.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-18-2016, 08:10 AM
I don't see Denver carrying two fullbacks.

Unless he's a key contributor on special teams

TXBRONC
08-18-2016, 08:26 AM
Unless he's a key contributor on special teams

I don't think he is. Even if he was I don't if he's a guy Denver keeps especially if they want to stay want stay deep in the secondary and linebacker.

NightTerror218
08-18-2016, 10:07 AM

I have juwan because he is a good ST and fullback will be used more in this sustem now.

TXBRONC
08-18-2016, 01:00 PM
I have juwan because he is a good ST and fullback will be used more in this sustem now.

They won't be using two different fullbacks and as far special teams he has one tackle to his name and not sure how he got that tackle. Latimer and Fowler have ton more than Thompson. NT, I don't think he'll make the team.

NightTerror218
08-18-2016, 01:06 PM
Depends on how many plays require a FB in the full playbook. If we plan to rush after often as we hear it may need 2 to be on roster

TXBRONC
08-18-2016, 01:10 PM
Depends on how many plays require a FB in the full playbook. If we plan to rush after often as we hear it may need 2 to be on roster

I doubt we see that many plays that require a fullback Janovich. Even so I don't see how Denver will two.

NightTerror218
08-19-2016, 11:04 AM
I doubt we see that many plays that require a fullback Janovich. Even so I don't see how Denver will two.

I could see a ton of FB if we are going full kubiak system. Lead blocker is key. Seattle, GB, Min, 49ers under mr kahakis had one, Pitt has one. Ravens used one all the time when kubiak was OC. He used one all the time with foster.

TXBRONC
08-19-2016, 11:43 AM
I could see a ton of FB if we are going full kubiak system. Lead blocker is key. Seattle, GB, Min, 49ers under mr kahakis had one, Pitt has one. Ravens used one all the time when kubiak was OC. He used one all the time with foster.

I suspect Kubiak would like to keep to about 50/50 split but even at the NT, I don't see why he would keep two fullbacks on the roster. I would also imagine you will see a lot runs from single back set.

We should get back to talking about Gotsis. I think Denver found a guy who can eventually be solid bookend with Wolfe.

NightTerror218
08-19-2016, 12:47 PM
From what i have heaed from reports he is looking good. Getting a good push pressure. This is against 49ers.

I am excited about this dude.

Joel
08-20-2016, 02:55 AM
Maybe it depends on how valid those rookie scouting claims of Thompsons ST studliness were. It could be another case of making the roster, not because a guy's a critical player at one position, but a valuable player at several. Kubiak being Kubiak, I'd expect a lot more plays with Janovich/Thompson lead-blocking for CJ/Booker than just a scat singleback formation with Hillman.

And, much as I love and trust Kubiak, that's a great example of why I'd rather run many kinds of plays from a few formations than a few kinds of plays from many formations: I don't like doing the opposing DCs job for him, and plunges and bombs are each defending pretty much the same way regardless of how many RBs, TEs and WRs are on the field for any given variation on the same handful of plays. Formations that let you do many things force opponents to defend many things; formations that limit your options limit the opponents vulnerabilities.

It'll be whatever Kubiak wants though, and if he's really still committed to a lead-blocking FB, the kind of wear and tear that entails may mandate a decent backup. It's not like we're breaking the bank on Thompson, or that he's not a decent backup RB in a pinch (he's done at least as much on Sundays as Bibbs, but lacks the "Local Boy Makes Good" angle to incite a huge fan club.)

As far as Gotsis, nothin' agin' him, but if Crick's as good as advertised (which he appeared against the lowly Bears) that's probably Wolfes bookend; he's making peanuts (at least until his contract ends next year) and if you can get quality starter performance for that you don't mess with it. Gotsis would still be plenty valuable if he can be the defensive lines "fourth man" as Walker was last year. Whether he can also be as good a rotational NT as Walker remains unclear, but Kollar's another one who's taught me to stop second guessing his ability to get NTs punching above their weight (literally,) so maybe.

TXBRONC
08-20-2016, 04:47 AM
From what i have heaed from reports he is looking good. Getting a good push pressure. This is against 49ers.

I am excited about this dude.

Me too. Crick is a solid player especially against the run but Gotsis looks like he will bring some pass rush ability.

OrangeHoof
08-21-2016, 01:28 AM
Gotsis just looks like a monster. He obviously has some trouble diagnosing plays because he grew up in Australia but he is so huge and has a pretty fair motor once he gets started. He'll either develop into an All-Pro or an All-Airport depending on how quickly he learns the game and whether he can bring out another level.

TXBRONC
08-21-2016, 07:34 AM
Gotsis just looks like a monster. He obviously has some trouble diagnosing plays because he grew up in Australia but he is so huge and has a pretty fair motor once he gets started. He'll either develop into an All-Pro or an All-Airport depending on how quickly he learns the game and whether he can bring out another level.

As I said earlier I think he's going to develop into a solid bookend for Wolfe.

tubby
08-22-2016, 11:51 AM
I thought he got pushed around the other night. Hopefully they can develop him....

NightTerror218
08-22-2016, 12:23 PM
I thought he got pushed around the other night. Hopefully they can develop him....

Everyone was pushed around it was an off night for all.

GEM
08-22-2016, 12:50 PM
This team got complacent after knocking SF around during practice last week. Get that shit out of the way now before the season. Don't overlook teams.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-22-2016, 02:56 PM
The 49ers won their preseason SB.

tubby
08-22-2016, 03:09 PM
Everyone was pushed around it was an off night for all.

Derek Wolfe didn't get pushed around.

GEM
08-22-2016, 03:41 PM
Derek Wolfe didn't get pushed around.

He was a damn beast!!

Davii
08-22-2016, 04:20 PM
He was a damn beast!!

Derrick Wolfe once threw a grenade and killed 50 people. Then the grenade exploded.