PDA

View Full Version : 2016 NFL Kickoff preparation underway

Denver Native (Carol)
08-11-2016, 01:48 PM
Preliminary details are announced for 2016 NFL Kickoff in Denver.

video - http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/2016_NFL_Kickoff_preparation_underway/a1fb71c8-0ed9-4baa-b56b-0c9159206cb7

Denver Native (Carol)
08-11-2016, 01:49 PM
Broncos fans and the city of Denver are about to take center stage on one of football’s biggest nights.

The NFL is throwing its 15th annual kickoff party on Thursday, Sept. 8, downtown in Civic Center before the Broncos meet the Carolina Panthers in a Super Bowl 50 rematch at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. The league announced Monday that performances by Dierks Bentley and OneRepublic will be broadcast on NBC’s pregame show and the NFL Network.

Performances will begin at 4:30 p.m. in front of Denver’s City and County Building and will feature an elevated platform.

The concert is just part of the fandemonium. Civic Center will be transformed into Kickoff Village for a two-day festival opening to the public on Wednesday, Sept. 7, at 3 p.m. In the village, fans can snap photos with the Lombardi trophy, meet former Broncos players, test their skills in football games for all ages, and feast from food trucks parked along 14th Street. Both 14th and Bannock streets will be closed around the park to make room for the crowd.

All events are free and open to the public.

NFL director of events Matt Shapiro said the league expects a great turnout for the kickoff party.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/09/nfl-kickoff-party-2016-denver/

The Glue Factory
08-11-2016, 03:25 PM
Well, just spiffy! This is going to make the 16th Street Mall a mad house. Have to go down 17th street to get home that night. :tape:

Davii
08-12-2016, 08:05 AM
Well, just spiffy! This is going to make the 16th Street Mall a mad house. Have to go down 17th street to get home that night. :tape:

Or, alternatively, you could come to the stadium and party with all of us!!!

The Glue Factory
08-12-2016, 09:44 AM
Or, alternatively, you could come to the stadium and party with all of us!!!

If it were a Friday, I'd do it. I got a 2 hour commute home and need to get at least a little bit of sleep before getting out of bed at 5 am Friday morning.

TXBRONC
08-12-2016, 10:10 AM
If it were a Friday, I'd do it. I got a 2 hour commute home and need to get at least a little bit of sleep before getting out of bed at 5 am Friday morning.

What time do you usually get off work?

The Glue Factory
08-12-2016, 11:41 AM
What time do you usually get off work?

5:30 - 6:00. Then begins the trek down to the Springs for dinner and bed.