PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow to pursue a career in professional baseball

Pages : [1] 2 3

Denver Native (Carol)
08-09-2016, 10:59 AM
Former NFL quarterback and current ESPN broadcaster Tim Tebow is actively pursuing a career in professional baseball and plans to hold a workout for Major League Baseball teams later this month, according to his agents Jimmy Sexton and Nick Khan.

For almost the past year, Tebow has been training in Arizona and Los Angeles to hone his hitting and fielding skills in a sport he has not played on a full-time basis since 2005.

Tebow was an All-State baseball player in Florida that year and hit .494 as a junior, helping Nease High School reach the final four of the Florida state playoffs.

"Obviously we support Tim in his pursuit of a baseball career, as we have in all his ventures," said Sexton, Tebow's football agent, who is now working with CAA baseball agent Brodie Van Wagenen.

AND

Former MLB catcher Chad Moeller said in a statement, through Tebow's agent, "I am beyond impressed with Tim's athleticism and swing, and it goes without saying that he has shown a high level of discipline and strong work ethic. I see bat speed and power and real baseball talent. I truly believe Tim has the skill set and potential to achieve his goal of playing in the Major Leagues, and based on what I have seen over the past two months, it could happen relatively quickly."

full article - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17252762/former-nfl-qb-tim-tebow-pursue-career-professional-baseball

Northman
08-09-2016, 11:00 AM
Good luck to him.

Davii
08-09-2016, 11:50 AM
Hope it works out for him! Hard to imagine taking 10+ years off and then making the majors right off. Maybe he can, but if not I hope he still does well enough to get into the minors and hone his skills.

MOtorboat
08-09-2016, 11:54 AM
Hope it works out for him! Hard to imagine taking 10+ years off and then making the majors right off. Maybe he can, but if not I hope he still does well enough to get into the minors and hone his skills.

It would be like Jordan, they'd start him in fall league in either Arizona or Florida, send him to minor league camp in February and either send him to A ball or extended spring training in April. Baseball could be a long road unless he's a natural. I see him being a right fielder if he can hit at all.

OrangeHoof
08-09-2016, 01:05 PM
As a lefthanded thrower, he'd have a better chance as a lefty reliever. He already has a strong arm and as long as his pitches show good contr....

um, I think he has a better chance as a hitter.

weazel
08-09-2016, 01:15 PM
hmmmm

Magnificent Seven
08-09-2016, 01:29 PM
Tebow should play RB, FB, and TE in NFL. I wish he were willing to change the position from QB to RB or TE.

weazel
08-09-2016, 01:31 PM
Tebow should play RB, FB, and TE in NFL. I wish he were willing to change the position from QB to RB or TE.

easier to change sports... ;)

Magnificent Seven
08-09-2016, 02:16 PM
easier to change sports... ;)

True.

tubby
08-09-2016, 03:09 PM
Pfft, yeah right.

ShaneFalco
08-09-2016, 05:00 PM
he will hit .500 then get benched because he has an awkward swing.

MOtorboat
08-09-2016, 05:32 PM
I wonder if he'll want to play when he's riding buses with 19 year olds in A ball?

FanInAZ
08-09-2016, 06:27 PM

No, he hits a game winning homerun in 6 consecutive games while batting under .100 and averaging over 2 fielding errors per game. After the closing pitchers figure him out, he fails to adjust and then he eventually washes out.

Simple Jaded
08-09-2016, 10:43 PM
This has to be said.

What.

A.

Whore.

Davii
08-09-2016, 10:48 PM
I hope he tries professional wrestling. I think he'd be awesome.

weazel
08-09-2016, 10:49 PM

he will want to pitch, he will suck... they will ask him to play 1B and he will say he's a pitcher.

I'm sorry but he's an egotistical, self righteous ass

Davii
08-09-2016, 10:51 PM
he will want to pitch, he will suck... they will ask him to play 1B and he will say he's a pitcher.

Right field if anything. He can probably gun some guys down from the outfield and he can get after some fly balls.

ShaneFalco
08-10-2016, 06:07 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tim-tebow-gets-first-pro-162751280.html

Already has an offer for a minor league team. Without even working out.

Tebow in The Show.

MOtorboat
08-10-2016, 06:15 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tim-tebow-gets-first-pro-162751280.html

Already has an offer for a minor league team. Without even working out.

Tebow in The Show.

Do you understand how low on the the totem pole the Frontier League is?

Probably not.

Either way, this team asking him to play for them is a publicity stunt meant to sell tickets, not because he can play. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

ShaneFalco
08-10-2016, 06:29 PM
Gotta start somewhere.

Dont let your dreams be dreams MO.

Buff
08-10-2016, 06:39 PM

I'm sorry but he's an egotistical, self righteous ass

I would correct that to say he's an egotistical, self righteous, nice young man. God he's annoying - but man is he nice!

ShaneFalco
08-10-2016, 06:44 PM
I dont see how someone who has multiple charities, and even himself that goes and builds houses in poor areas is egotistical or self righteous.

Especially considering the personal time and personal wealth doing so.

FanInAZ
08-10-2016, 06:59 PM
Do you understand how low on the the totem pole the Frontier League is?

Probably not.

Either way, this team asking him to play for them is a publicity stunt meant to sell tickets, not because he can play. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

How long until the Tebois stop attending when they realize that he's only being given 1 pinch hit plate appearance per game?

MOtorboat
08-10-2016, 07:03 PM
Gotta start somewhere.

Dont let your dreams be dreams MO when you can sell them for money.

Fixed it for you.

ShaneFalco
08-10-2016, 07:04 PM
Where can you sell dreams for money other then US politics? I could be rich.

MOtorboat
08-10-2016, 07:28 PM
Where can you sell dreams for money other then US politics? I could be rich.

This dream of his sure feels like an egotistical publicity stunt for money.

It certainly is if he takes a deal from an Independent League Team.

BroncoWave
08-10-2016, 07:31 PM
This dream of his sure feels like an egotistical publicity stunt for money.

It certainly is if he takes a deal from an Independent League Team.

Maybe the guy just likes to compete and wants to try out another sport. If a team is willing to sign him, why shouldn't he be able to give it a shot without taking criticism for doing so?

chazoe60
08-10-2016, 07:36 PM
I wonder if he'll want to play when he's riding buses with 19 year olds in A ball?

He'll be preaching the gospel all the way and loving it.

I really like Tebow and would be absolutely thrilled if he pulled this off. I wish him nothing but luck.

FanInAZ
08-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Maybe the guy just likes to compete and wants to try out another sport. If a team is willing to sign him, why shouldn't he be able to give it a shot without taking criticism for doing so?

I don't think MO was saying he shouldn't when he 1st responded, he was just trying to give Shane a reality check. Tebow's signing isn't the 1st step to him making the majors, its just a publicity stunt that will make all parties involved lots of money.

BroncoWave
08-10-2016, 07:40 PM
I don't think MO was saying he shouldn't when he 1st responded, he was just trying to give Shane a reality check. Tebow's signing isn't the 1st step to him making the majors, its just a publicity stunt that will make all parties involved lots of money.

I'm sorry but if he's willing to ride buses with 19 year olds and go through the grind that is minor league baseball, that's not a publicity stunt. He has a cushy TV job that gives him plenty of publicity. Why would he need to do this?

MOtorboat
08-10-2016, 07:49 PM
Look, Independent League teams are notorious for hiring celebrities on short term contracts to try and sell out a few nights. That's what that offer sounds like to me. Now, the Tebow idiots jump up and down celebrating the contract offer without having a clue what it means.

If he's serious about this, he shouldn't be taking a contract like that. I doubt he would sign that, but my point was that if he did, it sounded like another one of those publicity stunts. It sounds like he's going to hold an open workout and if someone is interested they'll pick him up. That's the right way to go about this.

BroncoWave
08-10-2016, 07:50 PM
Look, Independent League teams are notorious for hiring celebrities on short term contracts to try and sell out a few nights. That's what that offer sounds like to me. Now, the Tebow idiots jump up and down celebrating the contract offer without having a clue what it means.

If he's serious about this, he shouldn't be taking a contract like that. I doubt he would sign that, but my point was that if he did, it sounded like another one of those publicity stunts. It sounds like he's going to hold an open workout and if someone is interested they'll pick him up. That's the right way to go about this.

Ok now I see your point more. This I pretty much agree with.

ShaneFalco
08-10-2016, 07:51 PM
From what i have heard. He was golfing with Sheffield and Tim mentioned that he wanted to Sheffield to check him out and see if he actually had some type of shot.

And Sheffield thought he was kind of joking, until he saw Tim's first swing.

To pass that off as some type of publicity stunt, is kind of ridiculous.

ShaneFalco
08-10-2016, 07:55 PM
and furthermore if this whole thing was about publicity. Tim would be posting about it on social media yes?

https://twitter.com/TimTebow?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7C twgr%5Eauthor

Why is he not taking advantage of the publicity?

MOtorboat
08-10-2016, 07:56 PM
and furthermore if this whole thing was about publicity. Tim would be posting about it on social media yes?

https://twitter.com/TimTebow?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7C twgr%5Eauthor

Why is he not taking advantage of the publicity?

That whooshing sound you hear is the point of what I was saying flying over your head.

ShaneFalco
08-10-2016, 07:56 PM
Not really. Because he is still planning on working out for all teams.

The team gave him an offer, he has not accepted anything yet. And even if he did. A guy like him has to start wherever he has a chance to play any type of ball.

Its a looooong shot. But so was landing on the moon. You think Gary Sheffield's comments mean nothing?

Go tebow go!

MOtorboat
08-10-2016, 07:59 PM
Not really. Because he is still planning on working out for all teams.

The team gave him an offer, he has not accepted anything yet. And even if he did. A guy like him has to start wherever he has a chance to play any type of ball.

Its a looooong shot. But so was landing on the moon.

Go tebow go!

It truly is unbelievable how stupid Tebow makes some people. Read what I wrote.

ShaneFalco
08-10-2016, 08:01 PM
well if you are going to get personal about it....forget it.

FanInAZ
08-10-2016, 08:02 PM
I'm sorry but if he's willing to ride buses with 19 year olds and go through the grind that is minor league baseball, that's not a publicity stunt. He has a cushy TV job that gives him plenty of publicity. Why would he need to do this?

How many bubble players on their 4 team get as much pre-season attention as Tebow got with the Eagles? Tebois get excited every time he does something which is why cameras follow him no matter what he does. If we were shown the terms of his contract, I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting paid more than everyone on his team combined. As far as his TV deal, I doubt it’s renewed for a 2nd season.

BroncoWave
08-10-2016, 08:02 PM
:lol: Jesus Christ Shane, Mo is pretty much agreeing with you.

BroncoWave
08-10-2016, 08:05 PM
How many bubble players on their 4 team get as much pre-season attention as Tebow got with the Eagles? Tebois get excited every time he does something which is why cameras follow him no matter what he does. If we were shown the terms of his contract, I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting paid more than everyone on his team combined. As far as his TV deal, I doubt it’s renewed for a 2nd season.

There is a zero percent chance his contract would be bigger than everyone on the team combined. Now you are just being ridiculous. If he starts in low A ball, he's playing with guys who were just drafted pretty highly, and got signing bonuses over a million dollars. No team is paying him that much.

As for his TV stuff, maybe his show he has doesn't get renewed, but he will have a job as an analyst for as long as he wants one.

olathebroncofan
08-10-2016, 08:18 PM
So when does espn begin around the clock coverage? Gotta get my dvr ready.

Timmy!
08-10-2016, 08:39 PM
Lolz.

FanInAZ
08-10-2016, 09:08 PM
There is a zero percent chance his contract would be bigger than everyone on the team combined. Now you are just being ridiculous. If he starts in low A ball, he's playing with guys who were just drafted pretty highly, and got signing bonuses over a million dollars. No team is paying him that much.

As for his TV stuff, maybe his show he has doesn't get renewed, but he will have a job as an analyst for as long as he wants one.

MO, your probably the most qualified to tell us how much these Pioneer players make? I would imagine not much,

MOtorboat
08-10-2016, 09:10 PM
MO, your probably the most qualified to tell us how much these Pioneer players make? I would imagine not much,

It's not much, but I don't have a specific number for you. They aren't bound by collective bargaining agreements, salary caps and luxury tax thresholds, though.

I don't think you understand that he's not signing this contract, this team just offered it. He's still reportedly holding a workout.

FanInAZ
08-10-2016, 09:12 PM

Round the clock coverage, no. As I stated earlier, how much attention does a bubble player on his 4th team usually get? When he was with the Eagles, Tebow probably got as much media attention as a typical rookie battling for the back-up position.

FanInAZ
08-10-2016, 09:17 PM
It's not much, but I don't have a specific number for you. They aren't bound by collective bargaining agreements, salary caps and luxury tax thresholds, though.

I don't think you understand that he's not signing this contract, this team just offered it. He's still reportedly holding a workout.

Thank-you for confirming that the bar is pretty is low when it comes to the salaries of his teammates. Now, how much of an increase in fan attendance do you expect for these tryouts due to the Teboi factor? I bet the owners are banking an a significant increase. Whether or not they're right remains to be seen.

MOtorboat
08-10-2016, 09:18 PM
Thank-you for confirming that the bar is pretty is low when it comes to the salaries of his teammates. Now, how much of an increase in fan attendance do you expect for these tryouts due to the Teboi factor? I bet the owners are banking an a significant increase. Whether or not they're right remains to be seen.

The team isn't holding the workout. He has nothing to do with this team.

BroncoWave
08-10-2016, 09:19 PM

I don't think you understand which leagues are being talked about. I'm talking about minor league clubs for MLB teams, not independent league teams. Mo was referencing independent leagues when talking about how little they make. That's not where Tebow is trying to play from what it appears. He's trying to get on with an MLB organization, and some of the guys, even at the lowest levels of the minors, are making some money.

FanInAZ
08-10-2016, 09:21 PM
The team isn't holding the workout. He has nothing to do with this team.

Now your confusing me. What is Tebow's current baseball statues?

BroncoWave
08-10-2016, 09:23 PM

An independent league team offered him a contract. But independent league teams are not associated with MLB teams, so Tebow is not interested in that.

He wants to be in an MLB organization, so he is holding a tryout for pro teams. If a team is interested, they would sign him and likely start him at the bottom of their minor league organization, where the vast majority of rookies start. Even the rookies that get million dollar signing bonuses.

FanInAZ
08-10-2016, 09:24 PM
I don't think you understand which leagues are being talked about. I'm talking about minor league clubs for MLB teams, not independent league teams. Mo was referencing independent leagues when talking about how little they make. That's not where Tebow is trying to play from what it appears. He's trying to get on with an MLB organization, and some of the guys, even at the lowest levels of the minors, are making some money.

Yes, just like Jordan did back in the 90s. Everyone that shows up for NFL training camps have to be under contract, isn't the same way for minor league baseball?

MOtorboat
08-10-2016, 09:24 PM

Well, his current baseball status is nothing.

He has said he will have a private workout for any scout interested.

Completely separate from that, a Independent League team offered him a contract, sight unseen (which feels like a common International League publicity stunt).

The workout and the team who offered him a contract are two separate things.

BroncoWave
08-10-2016, 09:25 PM
Yes, just like Jordan did back in the 90s. Everyone that shows up for NFL training camps have to be under contract, isn't the same way for minor league baseball?

Yes, and my point is that there is less than zero chance that Tebow would be getting a contract greater than an entire MLB minor league roster combined.

FanInAZ
08-10-2016, 09:31 PM
Yes, and my point is that there is less than zero chance that Tebow would be getting a contract greater than an entire MLB minor league roster combined.

I think it depends on how much the team is counting on the Teboi factor in terms of increase in fan attendance.

MOtorboat
08-10-2016, 09:34 PM
I think it depends on how much the team is counting on the Teboi factor in terms of increase in fan attendance.

An MLB team would not be thinking about that.

BroncoWave
08-10-2016, 09:34 PM

The contract is with the MLB organization. They aren't going to shell out big bucks so that their low A ball team can get a bump in attendance.

olathebroncofan
08-10-2016, 10:50 PM

Round the clock coverage, no. As I stated earlier, how much attention does a bubble player on his 4th team usually get?

Usually get and will get are two seperate things. There is no way he should get any media attention for having a private workout.

But this is Tebow we are talking about. People love him or hate him. People want to see him succeed or fail, and the media will be there to cover it all. Why? Because we the fans asked for it.

But it's all good though. I was really hoping that he would have went to Canada to play. I guess i will have to watch baseball now. Hope he gets a chance in the Rockies system.

FanInAZ
08-10-2016, 11:16 PM
Usually get and will get are two seperate things. There is no way he should get any media attention for having a private workout.

But this is Tebow we are talking about. People love him or hate him. People want to see him succeed or fail, and the media will be there to cover it all. Why? Because we the fans asked for it.

But it's all good though. I was really hoping that he would have went to Canada to play. I guess i will have to watch baseball now. Hope he gets a chance in the Rockies system.

I don't have an issue with Tebow either, just Tebois who give him 100% credit for wins that were only possible because our D did such a great job of keeping the game close while Tebow spent 3 1/2 quarters playing terrible football. I, like you, hoped he would go to Canada to develop because its style of play was much closer to the NFL then the Arena League. It would’ve given him a chance to follow in the footsteps of Warren Moon & Doug Flutie back in the 80s & 90s. Nevertheless, I gave that "Home Free" show a try, but I lasted less than 5 minutes on what's just the latest variation of Survivor. As far as baseball, I have no problem with him trying out.

weazel
08-11-2016, 12:36 AM
His management team put out a false rumor that an mlb team wanted to draft him last year...

1. Then why didnt they?
2. The mlb draft is so weak it wouldnt have mattered if they wasted their first pick on him

Pretty weak effort on his management team though.

I just can't believe I could lose any more respect for this goof. I wish I could be politically correct like the rest of you and say I wish him luck, but I don't. He had his chance in football when every team he tried out for told him he sucked as a QB and offered to try him out as a TE. He thought he was too good to be a lowly TE, so now he is an afterthougt. Wait, that isn't good enough for him either, So he has to switch sports to try and gain a new group of fools to prey on.

This is the ultimate ego trip for an evotistical, self rightious fool, and the fanbois love it

MOtorboat
08-11-2016, 12:38 AM
His management team put out a false rumor that an mlb team wanted to draft him last year...

1. Then why didnt they?
2. The mlb draft is so weak it wouldnt have mattered if they wasted their first pick on him

Pretty weak effort on his management team though.

I just can't believe I could lose any more respect for this goof

Lol, really?

BroncoWave
08-11-2016, 09:19 AM
Sometimes I wonder who is more blinded by their feelings for Tebow. The people who love him, or the people who hate him. Reading this thread it's pretty hard to tell, it's definitely close.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-11-2016, 09:46 AM
The tryout is still ways away, and as it turns out, Tebow might not have to go through with it at all. That’s because he was actually offered an official baseball contract late Tuesday morning, no tryout needed.

It came from the Schaumburg Boomers, an independent Frontier League team based in Schaumburg, Illinois. They offered Tebow a deal Tuesday, sight unseen to play for their squad.

Here are some details, via the Boomers:

full article - http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/tim-tebow-has-already-received-his-first-pro-baseball-offer-080916

So far, I have not found anything which states that an mlb team wanted to draft him last year.

Davii
08-11-2016, 09:46 AM
I've decided I'm going to pursue a career in professional baseball. We play games here on Tuesday nights, fast pitch, the team that wins the championship for the season gets paid. That counts, right? I mean, I'm possibly getting paid to play.

FanInAZ
08-11-2016, 03:33 PM
Sometimes I wonder who is more blinded by their feelings for Tebow. The people who love him, or the people who hate him. Reading this thread it's pretty hard to tell, it's definitely close.

Most people whom you'd claissify as "Tebow Haters"...

don't have an issue with Tebow..., just Tebois who give him 100% credit for wins that were only possible because our D did such a great job of keeping the game close while Tebow spent 3 1/2 quarters playing terrible football.

BroncoJoe
08-11-2016, 04:25 PM
Most people whom you'd claissify as "Tebow Haters"...

Problem with that is, the QB (right or wrong) gets credit for wins, and blame for losses.

Either way, it was one of the more fun seasons in memory. I wish him nothing but the best.

I think most people take their frustration out on Tim, because his followers make them Tebow haters. That's not fair to Tim, who has done nothing but give his all in anything he has been involved in and is a great example of what a person should strive to become.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-11-2016, 06:16 PM
I pity the coach that doesn't give Tim at least 2 at bats his first game. The Tebow fans are liable to burn the park to the ground.

FanInAZ
08-11-2016, 06:54 PM
Problem with that is, the QB (right or wrong) gets credit for wins, and blame for losses.

Either way, it was one of the more fun seasons in memory. I wish him nothing but the best.

I think most people take their frustration out on Tim, because his followers make them Tebow haters. That's not fair to Tim, who has done nothing but give his all in anything he has been involved in and is a great example of what a person should strive to become.

Only those who don't understand what it takes to win football games. The most important thing for the Broncos is, Elway knows better.

ShaneFalco
08-11-2016, 06:55 PM
rofl

FanInAZ
08-11-2016, 06:56 PM
I pity the coach that doesn't give Tim at least 2 at bats his first game. The Tebow fans are liable to burn the park to the ground.

Its more likely that they'll rent a bill board demanding that he be put in the starting lineup.

weazel
08-12-2016, 05:00 PM

did he?

he was offered other chances to play pro football and he turned them down because it wasn't the position he wanted to play... I don't think that is an example of him giving his all. If every player quit when coaches told them they would be better in another position, you would have a hell of a lot of great players that would not have played in the NFL.

Ravage!!!
08-12-2016, 05:06 PM
I don't think Tim really thinks he has a chance to make a team. But, he hasn't had anything to put him in the spotlight for a while...so he needed something new.

BroncoWave
08-12-2016, 05:17 PM
I don't think Tim really thinks he has a chance to make a team. But, he hasn't had anything to put him in the spotlight for a while...so he needed something new.

You mean like his tv show or his gig on ESPN? The cynicism toward everything this guy does is amazing.

FanInAZ
08-12-2016, 05:21 PM
You mean like his tv show or his gig on ESPN? The cynicism toward everything this guy does is amazing.

I agree with you on this response to Rav's response.

Ravage!!!
08-12-2016, 05:25 PM

THink he's getting the headlines for his TV show or gig on ESPN? Nope..he's not. I didn't say he was unemployed, I said he likes his headlines. The blind-eye to this is what's amazing.

FanInAZ
08-12-2016, 05:33 PM
THink he's getting the headlines for his TV show or gig on ESPN? Nope..he's not. I didn't say he was unemployed, I said he likes his headlines. The blind-eye to this is what's amazing.

You're assuming that he's choosing to seek out these opportunities. Have you considered that these opportunities are seeking him out because he does have such a loyal fan base?

BroncoWave
08-12-2016, 06:02 PM

Let's just say hypothetically he is doing it for attention. Is that so bad? He typically only uses that attention to spread his religious message. While not everyone might agree with that message, there are far worse things he could be doing with that platform.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-12-2016, 09:54 PM
I hope he pulls it off. Ive always liked him. I'm just not going to terrorize an organization if they don't think he's ready.

Davii
08-12-2016, 09:58 PM
Can the man not live his life?

MOtorboat
08-15-2016, 04:50 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/tim-tebow-already-selling-autographed-151522630.html

weazel
08-15-2016, 04:51 PM
I heard he's selling baseballs and bats for $100-$180. ...Whore

BroncoJoe
08-15-2016, 04:56 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/tim-tebow-already-selling-autographed-151522630.html

From the article:

Say what you will about Tim Tebow, but one thing you can’t claim is that he isn’t a smart businessman.

MOtorboat
08-15-2016, 05:01 PM
From the article:

It's just a dream, Joe. Just a dream.

BroncoWave
08-15-2016, 05:14 PM
I think anyone who says they wouldn't do the same thing if they had the opportunity is a liar.

MOtorboat
08-15-2016, 05:20 PM
I think anyone who says they wouldn't do the same thing if they had the opportunity is a liar.

Oh sure, but no one has suggested that. People have suggested that Tebow is just doing this for love of the game. Let's not kid ourselves.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-15-2016, 05:28 PM
Oh sure, but no one has suggested that. People have suggested that Tebow is just doing this for love of the game. Let's not kid ourselves.

I haven't seen anyone suggest that.

ShaneFalco
08-15-2016, 07:21 PM
selective reading much?

As someone who attended Jets training camp during Tebow’s one season in Cortland, I can attest that people really want Tim Tebow’s autograph for whatever reason. I specifically recall people trying to get everything from a bra to a bible signed by him during a random Jets practice, so I imagine he probably will do pretty well in the signed baseball department.

Only a serious delusional hater would distort that into

"he went into baseball to sign baseball autographs!"

MOtorboat
08-15-2016, 07:30 PM
selective reading much?

Only a serious delusional hater would distort that into

"he went into baseball to sign baseball autographs!"

It's just for the love of the game, man.

BroncoWave
08-15-2016, 07:34 PM
It's just for the love of the game, man.

Who has suggested that he is only doing this for the love of the game? You seem to be arguing against a point that no one is making.

MOtorboat
08-15-2016, 07:40 PM
Who has suggested that he is only doing this for the love of the game? You seem to be arguing against a point that no one is making.

You didn't read where Shane told me he was just pursuing his dream of playing baseball? After he got so mad at me for suggesting it was just for publicity? And two days later, he's selling shit. Sorry, I find that comical.

ShaneFalco
08-15-2016, 08:02 PM
Tebow signing bras and bibles, just to make money

ShaneFalco
08-15-2016, 08:04 PM
You didn't read where Shane told me he was just pursuing his dream of playing baseball? After he got so mad at me for suggesting it was just for publicity? And two days later, he's selling shit. Sorry, I find that comical.
well considering you hate the guy enough to actually believe he went into baseball just to sign autographs speaks volumes.

I find your whole shtick about tebow comical.

BroncoWave
08-15-2016, 08:07 PM

I think I see the post you are referencing, and I think you are inferring some things he didn't say. He did say "dream" but he didn't specifically say it's Tebow's dream to play baseball. He could have mean he has a dream to be a successful pro athlete and since football didn't fulfill that dream, maybe baseball can.

Never did he say anything like Tebow is only playing "for the love of the game".

MOtorboat
08-15-2016, 08:13 PM
well considering you hate the guy enough to actually believe he went into baseball just to sign autographs speaks volumes.

I find your whole shtick about tebow comical.

He hasn't even gone in to baseball yet.

Simple Jaded
08-15-2016, 08:32 PM
Biggest whore in sports, no doubt the reality show is in the works.

Timmy Kardashian.

Simple Jaded
08-15-2016, 08:48 PM
I bet Tebow starts his own clothing line, Cologne and such. Starts pimping appliances and no-fat grills. Has 10 kids and names them all Timmy.

I predict he starts speaking in 3rd person.

BroncoWave
08-15-2016, 09:00 PM
Jaded, you seem extremely jealous of Tebow.

weazel
08-16-2016, 10:26 AM

did he?

he was offered other chances to play pro football and he turned them down because it wasn't the position he wanted to play... I don't think that is an example of him giving his all. If every player quit when coaches told them they would be better in another position, you would have a hell of a lot of great players that would not have played in the NFL.

ShaneFalco... why you no answer this? I see the apologists ignored this, completely.

BroncoWave
08-16-2016, 01:21 PM
ShaneFalco... why you no answer this? I see the apologists ignored this, completely.

I'm unaware of Tebow "quitting" after being told to play another position. I remember him playing punt protector and all the other stuff the Jets/Pats coaches had him do, but then being cut by those teams. Philly I don't remember what they tried to have him do, but unless I'm mistaken they cut him right? Not the other way around.

weazel
08-16-2016, 01:50 PM
is he still trying to play football? has he tried out with any teams to be a tight end? serious question

BroncoJoe
08-16-2016, 01:53 PM
is he still trying to play football? has he tried out with any teams to be a tight end? serious question

No - he does that in real life.

:drum:

ShaneFalco
08-16-2016, 08:45 PM
i dont think tebow can catch well enough.

He would be a better FB in a triple option run offense, kind of like Carolina. Where the first read is the chance to hand off to tim up the middle.

Simple Jaded
08-17-2016, 11:20 PM
Jaded, you seem extremely jealous of Tebow.

He has nothing I want.

BroncoWave
08-17-2016, 11:21 PM
He has nothing I want.

You're more obsessed with him than any of the Tebois.

Valar Morghulis
08-18-2016, 07:48 AM
He has nothing I want.

Liar. You're choking for his pole.

Simple Jaded
08-18-2016, 03:29 PM
Liar. You're choking for his pole.

Actually, the ability to completely mind**** otherwise intelligent and fully functional people might be a handy superpower.

Valar Morghulis
08-18-2016, 03:31 PM
Actually, the ability to completely mind**** otherwise intelligent and fully functional people might be a handy superpower.

And also what I said...

Simple Jaded
08-18-2016, 03:37 PM
You're more obsessed with him than any of the Tebois.

Nothing I enjoy more these days than ridiculing Tebowmania, hate to miss an opportunity.

Simple Jaded
08-18-2016, 03:41 PM
And also what I said...

And not just him, Donald Trump too...basically anyone I don't like, I suppose?

Valar Morghulis
08-18-2016, 03:55 PM
And not just him, Donald Trump too...basically anyone I don't like, I suppose?

I think we can both agree, you just love pole. Regardless of the person it is attached to.

Simple Jaded
08-18-2016, 10:51 PM
I think we can both agree, you just love pole. Regardless of the person it is attached to.

Are you hitting on me?

Valar Morghulis
08-19-2016, 01:38 AM
Are you hitting on me?

Yes

ShaneFalco
08-19-2016, 11:53 PM
http://www.baseballessential.com/news/2016/08/19/facing-tim-tebow/

Facing Tim Tebow

I began warming up as Tim was getting his batting practice swings in. Very quickly, I saw his raw power show. He began hitting balls out to every corner of the ballpark, and these weren’t just fly balls — they were line drives. Deep down, I never really questioned his power — I mean just look at him. He is built like a house, he’s obviously athletic, and he is really quick for his size. All of these factors add up to power. But the question is: Is it just batting-practice power or in-game power.

My throwing partner, Jon Huizinga, threw first. He was throwing sidearm and dropping some pretty filthy slider/sinker combinations on Tim. Surprisingly, Tebow did an amazing job of staying on Jon’s pitches and fighting off his best stuff.

Then it was my turn. I had been looking forward to this moment for a week, and I was as ready as I could be for it. I had gotten all warmed up and Tebow stepped into the box. The first thing I noticed was that it felt like he was right on top of the plate. He is a huge guy, and it almost looked like he was crowding the plate. Usually only little lefties who want to get on base crowd the plate, but having someone as big as Tebow that close made me take notice. By doing this, he essentially took the entire inside half of the plate from me. His stance is pretty spread out, but he uses his back leg extremely well to create power in his swing.

I faced Tim for about five different at-bats, and each time we treated it just like a game, with the catcher was calling strikes and balls. Overall, I was actually really happy with how I threw. I was sitting in the low 90s and attacking the zone with all my pitches.

Watching Tim from my standpoint, I was really impressed with his approach at the plate. For not playing the game in over a decade, he had very good plate discipline and very rarely swung at pitches off the plate. He actually started working the count against me. I was expecting him to be coming out of his shoes almost every pitch, but Tim was very controlled with every swing and every at-bat. He let go only when the count allowed him to, and he stayed grounded when he was behind in the count.

One of the most impressive things I saw — and you rarely see this in “young” or “new to the game” players — is that even when Tebow swung and missed, he was right on the ball. He rarely got fooled by any pitch, and his adjustments were remarkable.

Off of me, Tim really only hit one ball hard, a 3-0 changeup he lined right back up the middle. But in every at-bat, he was putting really good swings on the ball. He’s obviously not ready to step into a big-league lineup, but he looked a lot more like a guy trying to get his timing back the first week of spring training than a player who hasn’t played the game since high school a dozen years ago

I did witness something incredible. Off of a lefty who was touching 90, Tim used what we call a bomb bat (composite bats that don’t break but don’t have any pop) and hit a ball off the right-field wall. And watching him against lefties, you could tell he has been coached correctly. Tim never let his front side leak — he stayed in tight and forced the lefties to pitch to him. Even after several balls came within inches of hitting him, he stayed right on the next pitch away and hit it in the gap. You rarely see that, even in the big leagues — there is a reason we pitch “hard in, soft away,” but Tim didn’t fall for it.

In my opinion, having seen Tebow up close and personal, he isn’t far off from being extremely competitive at a high level. Without a doubt, he is very raw and definitely needs to play games and face pitchers. If I were planning Tim’s future, I would try to get him into rookie ball as soon as possible, then instructional league, and then send him to Mexico or the Dominican Republic to face some real pitching before having him ready for spring training.

Tebow’s baseball IQ was quite apparent. After almost every pitch, he was speaking to Moeller about what he saw and what the pitcher was trying to do — and almost every single time, he was coming up with the correct answers on his own.

I honestly believe that Tim could have a future in this game. You have to love his heart, and his work ethic is off the chart, which is essential if he is going to be successful. He has the raw skills, he is learning at a rapid pace, and let’s be honest — he must love this game if he is willing to take a pay cut to try to make a career out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj8YGY4FNMA

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-20-2016, 04:32 PM
He has a nice, compact swing.

ShaneFalco
08-20-2016, 09:43 PM
ya these are former MLB pitchers, saying this about him.

Stands a good chance to make it in the sport if he can get more experience.

Simple Jaded
08-21-2016, 01:33 AM
Yes

Sorry Val but I just don't think of you that way, no offense but I don't hate you enough to want that pole. It's not you, it's me.

MOtorboat
08-21-2016, 01:58 AM
So, I read that "scouting report" and gathered he hit about .050 off of major league pitchers. Yeah, sounds like he's going to do awesome.

ShaneFalco
08-30-2016, 06:29 PM
ITS HAPPENING MO

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tim-tebow-crushes-430-foot-homer-in-mlb-showcase-213906505.html

Tim Tebow crushes 430-foot homer in MLB showcase

http://l3.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/dyTYhWc6jY9Sp45JaS1ktA--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9ODAw/http://media.zenfs.com/en/homerun/feed_manager_auto_publish_494/85773ef84d3952d10cd04ac4796027da

ShaneFalco
08-30-2016, 06:31 PM
Tim Tebow shows off baseball skills, and some scouts say he'll likely be signed and sent to the minors

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-tim-tebow-baseball-20160830-snap-story.html

MOtorboat
08-30-2016, 06:32 PM
Good for him. I hope he likes bus rides in the mountains of Carolina.

VonDoom
09-08-2016, 06:42 AM
Because of course they are ...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 14m14 minutes ago

Mets are signing Tim Tebow to a minor-league contract, an MLB source tells ESPN. Instructional League or Arizona Fall League next for Tebow.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-08-2016, 08:07 AM

Mets are signing Tim Tebow to a minor-league contract, an MLB source tells ESPN. Instructional League or Arizona Fall League next for Tebow.

They announced it opening day of football season. :laugh:

BroncoWave
09-08-2016, 09:23 AM

But, but, he's just doing the whole baseball thing for attention because he's so full of himself! Surely he wouldn't ride buses around in the minors!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2016, 10:42 AM
The Mets’ instructional league season will have a bit more buzz than usual this month. When minor leaguers report for extra work in Port St. Lucie, Fla., likely within two weeks, a former Heisman Trophy winner will be among them.

Tim Tebow, who turned 29 last month and last played baseball as a junior in high school, signed a minor league contract with the Mets on Thursday morning.

Tebow, who is listed as an outfielder, hit .448 as a junior at Nease High School in Ponte Vedra, Fla., in 2005.

rest - http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/09/sports/baseball/tim-tebow-mets.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

MOtorboat
09-08-2016, 03:10 PM
Yay! A part-time instructional league player is now dominating MLB news.

VonDoom
09-08-2016, 03:45 PM
But, but, he's just doing the whole baseball thing for attention because he's so full of himself! Surely he wouldn't ride buses around in the minors!

Well, he is selling signed baseball merch on his website already, so ...

https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/773946004819156992

weazel
09-08-2016, 04:34 PM
...and already informed them that he will not be doing it full time because he has commitments

ShaneFalco
09-08-2016, 04:49 PM

what other autographs are being sold on that site?

ShaneFalco
09-08-2016, 04:51 PM
oh my lord. i just checked. he also charges for autographing his book, a picture of him in college, and a gator mini helmet.

the humanity.

ShaneFalco
09-19-2016, 10:48 PM
http://a.fssta.com/content/dam/fsdigital/fscom/mlb/images/2016/09/19/091916-MLB-Tebow-Gal-9-LF-PI.jpg

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2798412.1474309912!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_1200/tebowgear20s-1-web.jpg

ShaneFalco
09-19-2016, 10:49 PM
Tim Tebow. So hot right now.

https://cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/gettyimages-607798548_master1.jpg?w=620&h=349

Dapper Dan
09-19-2016, 11:00 PM
...and already informed them that he will not be doing it full time because he has commitments

That was decided before he signed.

Dapper Dan
09-19-2016, 11:01 PM

https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/773946004819156992

Well. Yeah. It takes money to build hospitals in third world countries.

MOtorboat
09-19-2016, 11:14 PM
You suppose he'll stick with it for the three or four years it takes to get from instructional league to Triple-A?

Dapper Dan
09-19-2016, 11:30 PM
You suppose he'll stick with it for the three or four years it takes to get from instructional league to Triple-A?

No.

Davii
09-19-2016, 11:53 PM
Tim Tebow. So hot right now.

https://cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/gettyimages-607798548_master1.jpg?w=620&h=349

I thought you were into women

Dapper Dan
09-20-2016, 12:02 AM

He's into women but men are into him. If you know what I mean.

ShaneFalco
09-20-2016, 12:48 AM
hey db do you like nhl 17?

Dapper Dan
09-20-2016, 09:26 AM
hey db do you like nhl 17?

Yeah but I'm pretty bad so far. I need to practice. Are you thinking about getting it?

ShaneFalco
09-20-2016, 07:46 PM
because of the cover. lol

Dapper Dan
09-20-2016, 07:49 PM
because of the cover. lol

Is that guy from the LA Blues?

ShaneFalco
09-20-2016, 08:25 PM
:rolleyes:

Dapper Dan
09-20-2016, 08:29 PM
I'm going to print off a different cover for Madden and NHL

ShaneFalco
09-24-2016, 01:01 PM
i heard with NHL 17 you get to build and customize your own stadium. pretty cool if true

ShaneFalco
09-24-2016, 01:01 PM

id go gay for tebow.

Valar Morghulis
09-24-2016, 02:31 PM
id go gay for tebow.

Not sure this was written in the correct tense

ShaneFalco
09-28-2016, 12:42 PM
https://twitter.com/SECNetwork/status/781169340028743681

weazel
09-28-2016, 12:53 PM
i heard with NHL 17 you get to build and customize your own stadium. pretty cool if true

dont buy it... play last years. Lots of game breaking bugs.

atwater27
09-28-2016, 12:59 PM
HAHA Tebow proving all the haters wrong. Love it.

BroncoWave
09-28-2016, 01:07 PM
HAHA Tebow proving all the haters wrong. Love it.

I'm rooting for him and hope he makes it, but I don't know that one homer off of a guy who will likely never play in the bigs really proves anyone wrong.

Having said that, it's a great start. I would love to see him prove everyone wrong.

ShaneFalco
09-28-2016, 06:57 PM
Tebow smash

FanInAZ
09-29-2016, 12:34 AM
Yep, Tebow was Tebow. 1-6 (.167) hitting, but that 1 hit was a HR :lol:

FanInAZ
09-29-2016, 02:15 AM

After hearing about that on the news, I decided to find an internet link in order to confirm it. The link that I found not only confirmed it, but all confirmed that I'm not as crazy as some people think I am. When this thread 1st started, I blew it off as a PR stunt. I was told flat out that I don't know how minor league baseball works, a charge that I didn't denie. However, I may have a better understanding of how financially lucrative Tebowmania is for those who tap in to it.

Tebow received a $100,000 bonus to sign with the Mets, an arrangement that this fall enables him to keep his commitments as an analyst for the ESPN-owned SEC Network.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2016/09/28/tim-tebow-home-run-first-at-bat-instructional-league-mets/91221144/

So how many minor league players get paid $100,000 to make baseball their 2nd job :confused:

weazel
09-29-2016, 09:23 AM
After hearing about that on the news, I decided to find an internet link in order to confirm it. The link that I found not only confirmed it, but all confirmed that I'm not as crazy as some people think I am. When this thread 1st started, I blew it off as a PR stunt. I was told flat out that I don't know how minor league baseball works, a charge that I didn't denie. However, I may have a better understanding of how financially lucrative Tebowmania is for those who tap in to it.

So how many minor league players get paid $100,000 to make baseball their 2nd job :confused:

it doesn't matter, he's just following his life long dream of being an NFL Quarter... errrrrrr baseball player!

BroncoWave
09-29-2016, 09:24 AM

The 316th pick in the draft, a 10th rounder, gets a $156,000 signing bonus.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/170470526/2016-draft-bonus-pools-pick-values/

So quite literally hundreds and hundreds of minor leaguers a year get paid that kind of money.

weazel
09-29-2016, 09:25 AM

So quite literally hundreds and hundreds of minor leaguers a year get paid that kind of money.

if they sign a MLB contract. I don't see a 10th round pick that spends a few years in instructional league getting a $150k signing bonus. I know a couple of people that were drafted in the MLB (before the 10th round) and neither got signing bonuses.

ShaneFalco
09-29-2016, 11:57 AM
so pathetic, the way people act towards him.

Should be embarrassed, but some people just love to hate.

MOtorboat
09-29-2016, 12:32 PM

That's not exactly how that works, but whatever.

Davii
09-29-2016, 12:46 PM
That home run is cool. He's certainly got some power. 1-6 hitting isn't going to get it done. Hopefully he improves or I don't think he lasts too long and he certainly won't move any higher without improvement.

weazel
09-29-2016, 01:09 PM

sorry shane, lets just post his stats without any commentary. That should stop the hurt.

AVG AB H HR RBI
.166 6 1 1 1

ShaneFalco
09-29-2016, 01:18 PM
just cant let anything positive be said.

BroncoWave
09-29-2016, 01:28 PM
That's not exactly how that works, but whatever.

Obviously this is a different situation since he wasn't drafted, but the point still stands that 100k isn't necessarily a huge signing bonus for a minor league player.

But more to the point, who cares what his signing bonus is? Should he have asked the Mets for less money so that people wouldn't think it was a publicity stunt? I don't get why that's even a discussion point in all this.

BroncoWave
09-29-2016, 01:30 PM
sorry shane, lets just post his stats without any commentary. That should stop the hurt.

AVG AB H HR RBI
.166 6 1 1 1

At the end of the day, it's one game. It's kinda stupid to draw any sort of conclusions from his future based off of one game. Whether it be a positive conclusion based on the homer or a negative conclusion based on the 1-6. It's just too early. It's hilarious that people on either side are acting like their stance is "proven" after one game.

MOtorboat
09-29-2016, 01:38 PM
At the end of the day, it's one game. It's kinda stupid to draw any sort of conclusions from his future based off of one game. Whether it be a positive conclusion based on the homer or a negative conclusion based on the 1-6. It's just too early. It's hilarious that people on either side are acting like their stance is "proven" after one game.

There's only one person drawing a conclusion on his play and it's no one who is pointing out he went 1-for-6.

BroncoWave
09-29-2016, 01:39 PM
One more point on the his stats, the stats posted don't tell the whole story. Did he strike out 5 times? Did he make solid contact that was just right to guys? That would be more telling that just looking at him being 1-6. It still wouldn't prove anything, but it would give a better idea of how he played.

weazel
09-29-2016, 01:39 PM

nobody is...

MOtorboat
09-29-2016, 01:42 PM
One more point on the his stats, the stats posted don't tell the whole story. Did he strike out 5 times? Did he make solid contact that was just right to guys? That would be more telling that just looking at him being 1-6. It still wouldn't prove anything, but it would give a better idea of how he played.

I believe it was a strikeout, a weak grounders and pop ups. There's still no way to get any idea on one game. Arenado hit a weak grounder last night.

He obviously has some pop, but he's probably going to have to hit well over .300 at instructional league level, with pop, especially at 28 if he wants to advance.

FanInAZ
09-29-2016, 07:24 PM

But is baseball his 2nd job, that's the key. According to the article that I posted, the Mets are working around his ESPN-SEC commitment. Does any other minor league play getting paid to play when it doesn’t conflict with their other commitments.

FanInAZ
09-29-2016, 07:28 PM

For the 10 Billionth time, I respect Tebow, but I'm annoyed by Tebois. MY post wasn't directed at Tebow, it was directed at Tebois.

BroncoWave
09-29-2016, 07:36 PM
But is baseball his 2nd job, that's the key. According to the article that I posted, the Mets are working around his ESPN-SEC commitment. Does any other minor league play getting paid to play when it doesn’t conflict with their other commitments.

Why does it even matter? If both the Mets and Tebow are cool with the arrangement, then what's the problem? Even if it is just for publicity, is it hurting anyone that Tebow is doing this? Who on here wouldn't do the exact same thing if they had the chance?

FanInAZ
09-29-2016, 07:37 PM

I know barely enough about baseball to know that this is correct. I posted the stat for 2 reasons.

1) When he hit that 1st pitch HR, the Tebois were throwing him a tickertape parade. You’re accusing me of making too much out of 1 game when I was only pointing out that the Tebois was making too much out of 1 swing of a bat.

2) I just thought it was funny that Tebow hitting 1 HR, while accomplishing noting significant for the rest of the game, was exactly what he did in the NFL. The only difference was that he started the game with a HR instead of ending with it.

BroncoWave
09-29-2016, 07:40 PM
I know barely enough about baseball to know that this is correct. I posted the stat for 2 reasons.

1) When he hit that 1st pitch HR, the Tebois were throwing him a tickertape parade. You’re accusing me of making too much out of 1 game when I was only pointing out that the Tebois was making too much out of 1 swing of a bat.

2) I just thought it was funny that Tebow hitting 1 HR, while accomplishing noting significant for the rest of the game, was exactly what he did in the NFL. The only difference was that he started the game with a HR instead of ending with it.

I'm accusing both sides of looking too much into one game. I said the same thing to atwater when he said that his home run "proved" his doubters wrong.

FanInAZ
09-29-2016, 07:42 PM
Why does it even matter? If both the Mets and Tebow are cool with the arrangement, then what's the problem? Even if it is just for publicity, is it hurting anyone that Tebow is doing this? Who on here wouldn't do the exact same thing if they had the chance?

All of my posts about Tebow are directed at the Tebois! Does anyone here understand how annoying it is for the Tebois to bringing his name up every time a team needs a QB? This is just another opportunity for the Tebois to have their delusions fed.

BroncoWave
09-29-2016, 07:47 PM

I guess I fail to see where this was directed a "Tebois" and not Tebow.

FanInAZ
09-29-2016, 07:51 PM
I guess I fail to see where this was directed a "Tebois" and not Tebow.

Who was 1st to post about the HR? Teboi Shane

atwater27
10-04-2016, 07:35 AM
I'm accusing both sides of looking too much into one game. I said the same thing to atwater when he said that his home run "proved" his doubters wrong.

I said nothing about the doubters. Just the haters. and yes his haters think he couldn't even get one team to be interested in kicking his tires, and couldn't even hit one homerun, so yes, he continues to prove his haters wrong.

weazel
10-04-2016, 12:18 PM
Actually nobody but Shane is putting much stock into one game... that's what we're getting at.

ShaneFalco
10-04-2016, 05:38 PM
Actually nobody but Shane is putting much stock into one game... that's what we're getting at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW37AGZ0Pj0

ShaneFalco
10-04-2016, 07:34 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=38489&stc=1&d=1475610738

BroncoWave
10-04-2016, 07:49 PM
Well since he will be playing against top prospects we'll probably get an idea pretty quickly if he can cut it or not.

ShaneFalco
10-05-2016, 05:51 PM
well since he will be playing against top prospects we'll probably get an idea pretty quickly if he can cut it or not.

movin on upppp to the eassstsiiiiddde tim tebow finally got a piece of tha tpieeeeeeeeeeeeee

weazel
10-06-2016, 11:21 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=38489&stc=1&d=1475610738

when does this start, Shane?

It would be quite the story if he was able to make it to AA or AAA (I know, a long way off), there would be daily updates on his performance lol

weazel
10-11-2016, 09:36 PM
Tim Tebow reportedly resuscitates fan suffering from seizure After baseball game

ShaneFalco
10-11-2016, 10:41 PM
he apparently didnt hit well, had a few groundouts.

But who cares about that when the 2nd coming of christ saves a man.

https://twitter.com/KariVanHorn/status/785981031572647936

Canmore
10-12-2016, 12:30 AM
he apparently didnt hit well, had a few groundouts.

But who cares about that when the 2nd coming of christ saves a man.

https://twitter.com/KariVanHorn/status/785981031572647936

How much more? Don't you have a new board to spam?

BroncoWave
10-12-2016, 12:32 AM
How much more? Don't you have a new board to spam?

What was that you were saying earlier about black kettles? :D

Canmore
10-12-2016, 12:43 AM
What was that you were saying earlier about black kettles? :D

One thing is for sure, you have a great sense of humor.

BroncoWave
10-12-2016, 12:44 AM
One thing is for sure, you have a great sense of humor.

Well now that I suck at picking football games I have at least one thing going for me I guess! :lol:

Canmore
10-12-2016, 12:48 AM
Well now that I suck at picking football games I have at least one thing going for me I guess! :lol:

I can't believe I am encouraging you. That was my alter ego Skippy who gave you the high five.

MOtorboat
10-12-2016, 12:50 AM
Lol. Good grief.

Tebow's hand on his leg caused the seizure to stop! The fervor around Tebow is so ridiculous.

BroncoWave
10-12-2016, 12:57 AM
I can't believe I am encouraging you. That was my alter ego Skippy who gave you the high five.

You know you want to join the dark side of team BW!

BroncoWave
10-12-2016, 12:57 AM
Lol. Good grief.

Tebow's hand on his leg caused the seizure to stop! The fervor around Tebow is so ridiculous.

Accept your Tebow God, Mo. Accept it!

Canmore
10-12-2016, 01:00 AM
You know you want to join the dark side of team BW!

Don't give in to hate, that leads to Wave.

BroncoWave
10-12-2016, 01:02 AM
Don't give in to hate, that leads to Wave.

http://actionagogo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/IMG_4796-0-759x500.jpg

Canmore
10-12-2016, 01:05 AM
http://actionagogo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/IMG_4796-0-759x500.jpg

I love all the Star Wars movies. Some more than others, but I love that world.

ShaneFalco
10-12-2016, 02:52 AM
you can laugh all you want, its now written in my will to have tebow pray at my funeral.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZQxH_8raCI

Valar Morghulis
10-12-2016, 05:59 AM
you can laugh all you want, its now written in my will to have tebow pray at my funeral. YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZQxH_8raCI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZQxH_8raCI)

He will be in jail by then for fiddling with kids

slim
10-12-2016, 11:41 AM
He will be in jail by then for fiddling with kids

You can go to jail for playing the fiddle with kids?

weazel
10-12-2016, 11:54 AM
You can go to jail for playing the fiddle with kids?

If you're gonna play in Texas, you gotta have a fiddle in the band. That lead guitar is hot but not for Louisiana Man

slim
10-12-2016, 12:03 PM
If you're gonna play in Texas, you gotta have a fiddle in the band. That lead guitar is hot but not for Louisiana Man

Rosin up that bow, Weazel.

Timmy!
10-12-2016, 12:12 PM
Let's all dance.

turftoad
10-14-2016, 05:44 PM
Interesting read on Tebow's baseball career.

ESPN employee rips Tim Tebow’s baseball skills

“Tim Tebow is in the Arizona Fall League,” Law writes. “He might be better suited to playing in an Arizona high school league. His presence here is a farce, and he looks like an imposter pretending to have talent he does not possess.”

There’s more.

“Tebow the baseball player is not a baseball player; he’s a washed-up quarterback who has size and nothing else,” Law explains. “His swing is long, and he wields the bat like someone who hasn’t played the sport in more than a decade, which he hasn’t. He can’t catch up to 90 mph, which is well below the major league average for a fastball, and was cutting through fastballs in the zone on Wednesday night. He rolled over twice on fastballs, which is something you generally see professional hitters do only on off-speed stuff, and he showed below-average running speed. In left field, his routes look like those of a wide receiver, although he managed to eventually make his way around to a fly ball in left.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/14/espn-employee-rips-tim-tebows-baseball-skills/

MOtorboat
10-14-2016, 05:56 PM
He was 0-for-9 this week.

Valar Morghulis
10-15-2016, 02:39 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000720845/article/analyst-tebow-washedup-qb-not-a-baseball-player

ShaneFalco
10-25-2016, 01:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rgZhHXlPNM

Tebow still awesome.

weazel
10-25-2016, 01:36 PM
for now on I am only going to post positive Tebow things in this thread

MOtorboat
10-25-2016, 02:16 PM
Currently 2-for-24 at the plate.

weazel
10-25-2016, 02:18 PM

that's 2 more hits than I have at that level.

Valar Morghulis
10-25-2016, 02:41 PM

Loving this new strategy

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-26-2016, 12:05 AM
for now on I am only going to post positive Tebow things in this thread

Loving this new strategy

:laugh:

ShaneFalco
10-26-2016, 05:18 PM
Tim Tebow answered Stephen A. Smith's dumb question with a riveting inspirational speech

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/10/26/13419756/tim-tebow-motivational-speech-espn-nfl-mlb?yptr=yahoo

Hate on Tim Tebow all you want, but there’s no denying he’s one of the most motivational guys in sports — period. On Tuesday he appeared with Stephen A. Smith on First Take and dropped the best speech you’ll hear all week. When he was criticized for taking a long shot at making an MLB roster, Tebow dropped the hammer.

“Well, it’s fine if they look at me and say that’s what I should be doing — but they’re not me -- and when are dreams based on chances? Dreams are based on something that’s in your heart that are passions, that are something that you want to go try. Not on chances. I mean, I’m so grateful that I get to go pursue something even if it’s a long shot versus something that, yeah I might be able to go do and do pretty well, but if it’s not in my heart why am I going to do that? You know, I think that’s something that’s unfortunate in society is a lot of people just go do what they feel like they should do and live with the status quo and go live by all these rules and “Hey, this is going to be OK.” You know, just go accept your average nine-to-five, rather than striving for something because the ultimate goal isn’t to succeed or fail, the ultimate goal is to give it everything you have for something that’s on your heart and a dream and pursuing that. And if you get to live out your dream every single day, then the result doesn’t matter. I can look back 20, 30 years from now and be able to look at this time and say, ‘You know what, I gave everything I had to football. I gave everything I had to baseball and I was able to live out some dreams.’ And in my opinion, that’s pretty awesome.”

Nobody had a single thing to say after this. Tebow said everything that needed to be said and more. This should be mandatory viewing for everyone in college.

FanInAZ
10-26-2016, 06:49 PM
Tim Tebow answered Stephen A. Smith's dumb question with a riveting inspirational speech

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/10/26/13419756/tim-tebow-motivational-speech-espn-nfl-mlb?yptr=yahoo

I've always like Tebow's attitude about life & giving 100% effort into whatever he does.

weazel
10-26-2016, 08:19 PM
he's just trying to follow his dreams people.

BroncoWave
10-26-2016, 08:29 PM
Way to talk down to people with 9-5 jobs, Teebs! :D

Valar Morghulis
10-27-2016, 01:12 AM
Way to talk down to people with 9-5 jobs, Teebs! :D

Yeah what a condescending ahole

weazel
10-27-2016, 05:33 PM
I think he was praising 9-5 workers, the lord works in mysterious ways

Valar Morghulis
10-28-2016, 01:04 AM
I think he was praising 9-5 workers, the lord works in mysterious ways

Well in that case he left out shift workers.

MOtorboat
10-28-2016, 01:16 AM
I think he got a hit the other day.

#positive

FanInAZ
10-29-2016, 01:01 AM
I'm not going to start a whole new thread for this, but I just saw a pop up banner promoting the book, "Tim Tebow: Shaken."

So I guess I know what Shane is getting for Christmas this year :D

ShaneFalco
11-07-2016, 11:26 PM
https://twitter.com/eboland11/status/795843255397011456

MOtorboat
11-07-2016, 11:30 PM
So his batting average is up to .140-something?

FanInAZ
11-07-2016, 11:38 PM

Clear a spot for him in Cooperstown :lol:

weazel
11-08-2016, 10:41 AM

He's getting better! One day he'll show you Mo, he'll show the world!

MOtorboat
11-08-2016, 10:44 AM
He's getting better! One day he'll show you Mo, he'll show the world!

He is showing the world. Showing them his .146 average (6-for-41).

Northman
11-08-2016, 10:48 AM
Yea, but can he pitch?

weazel
11-08-2016, 12:38 PM
Yea, but can he pitch?

I heard he's more of a catcher

Northman
03-10-2017, 10:00 PM
Poor Teebs....

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18875205/colorado-woman-arrested-trespassing-stalking-tim-tebow-new-york-mets

turftoad
03-10-2017, 10:06 PM
Maybe Teebs has turned into a man whore! :D

FanInAZ
03-10-2017, 10:09 PM
Poor Teebs....

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18875205/colorado-woman-arrested-trespassing-stalking-tim-tebow-new-york-mets

There've been many times in which I have, as a Christian, when I've had to balance showing Christian compassion to someone who has serious issues that need to be confronted without hurting their feelings. Although I've never been seriously stalked.

BroncoWave
03-11-2017, 01:58 AM
Uh-oh, looks like Shane has some competition! :D

Nomad
03-11-2017, 03:21 PM
I saw Tebow strike out looking against the Cy Young winner.

ShaneFalco
03-13-2017, 09:40 PM
Uh-oh, looks like Shane has some competition! :D

We text every night!

MOtorboat
03-13-2017, 09:53 PM
We text every night!

You and the crazy lady?

ShaneFalco
03-13-2017, 09:57 PM
Me, tebow, and god.

MOtorboat
03-13-2017, 10:03 PM
Me, tebow, and god.

Does Tebow pray to hit .100?

ShaneFalco
03-13-2017, 10:08 PM
Do you enjoy killing peoples dreams and passions?

And that comment comes off as mocking god.

ShaneFalco
03-13-2017, 10:09 PM
You will be smited

MOtorboat
03-13-2017, 10:25 PM
Do you enjoy killing peoples dreams and passions?

And that comment comes off as mocking god.

Yeah. It probably did. Why did you lower case it?

MOtorboat
03-13-2017, 10:27 PM
And I'll believe it's a "dream" and a "passion" when he spends the two or three minor league seasons he needs riding buses in rural North Carolina and eastern California.

ShaneFalco
03-13-2017, 10:28 PM
maybe he is afraid of buses.

or has a bus phobia.

MOtorboat
03-13-2017, 10:29 PM
maybe he is afraid of buses.

or has a bus phobia.

I'm guessing he'll quit and go back to broadcasting.

ShaneFalco
03-13-2017, 10:32 PM
so what? at least he tried.

you gunna mock him for that too?

Poet
03-13-2017, 10:50 PM
so what? at least he tried.

you gunna mock him for that too?

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt.

ShaneFalco
03-13-2017, 10:53 PM
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt.

mic drop

Poet
03-13-2017, 10:56 PM
mic drop

Those are the words I live by. Real story. I'll never fault a person for trying. As a person who is a pretty big failure, all I have -other than my burgers- are the experiences gleaned in pursuit of goals I had no business pursuing.

MOtorboat
03-13-2017, 11:09 PM
Sorry fellas. I don't see all this as innocent and wholesome as you do.

Poet
03-13-2017, 11:10 PM

I believe in him as a man.

Timmy!
03-13-2017, 11:11 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/R8JaPcCfB6AI8/giphy.gif

Poet
03-13-2017, 11:11 PM
Why must you GIF?

Hawgdriver
03-13-2017, 11:12 PM

MO, he is doing it all for love of the game.

The game of souls.

Or something.