PDA

View Full Version : The DC & Marvel Universes and All Things Involved

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Northman
08-07-2016, 02:41 PM
Figured it would be good to have a thread for all things involved with the DC Universe and their movies. Not sure if this is even accurate but found it interesting so give it a look and gander.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awNbvq7BDzw

aberdien
08-07-2016, 02:56 PM
I just stumbled upon these political analyses and I want to share them, but we don't need to discuss them.

“Batman v. Superman” isn’t a flop: A superhero movie that questions absolute power is tailor-made for 2016 (http://www.salon.com/2016/03/29/batman_v_superman_isnt_a_flop_a_superhero_movie_th at_questions_absolute_power_is_tailor_made_for_201 6/)

The sneaky politics of “Suicide Squad”: A popcorn movie for the prison-industrial complex era (http://www.salon.com/2016/08/05/the-sneaky-politics-of-suicide-squad-a-popcorn-movie-for-the-prison-industrial-complex-era/)

Northman
08-07-2016, 02:59 PM
I just stumbled upon these political analyses and I want to share them, but we don't need to discuss them.

“Batman v. Superman” isn’t a flop: A superhero movie that questions absolute power is tailor-made for 2016 (http://www.salon.com/2016/03/29/batman_v_superman_isnt_a_flop_a_superhero_movie_th at_questions_absolute_power_is_tailor_made_for_201 6/)

The sneaky politics of “Suicide Squad”: A popcorn movie for the prison-industrial complex era (http://www.salon.com/2016/08/05/the-sneaky-politics-of-suicide-squad-a-popcorn-movie-for-the-prison-industrial-complex-era/)

I havent looked at the links yet but do you think its a good idea to put something like this outside of P & R? Do you think it will go into that direction?

aberdien
08-07-2016, 03:45 PM
I havent looked at the links yet but do you think its a good idea to put something like this outside of P & R? Do you think it will go into that direction?
I don't think it's a big deal because it's not really requiring us to share or debate our political policy opinions to the death as we do in P&R, but just to read an opinion interpreting a movie from a political perspective. In doing so, it is less about arguing in favor of political policies and more of a symbolic exercise. In other words, it is just looking at a movie and examining what it is and represents in the grand scheme of things - it is not debating whether or not my political opinion is better than yours. And many movies are inherently political or politically influenced anyway and reflective of the times - especially superhero movies. Like I said, I didn't post them to discuss (although I think there is room to discuss them without engaging in the political talk that we do in P&R), I just wanted to share for those who might find the perspective and analysis interesting.

For example Captain America: Civil War is a very political movie, and I think we can discuss what it represents in the context of film analysis without engaging in political debates over various issues.

MOtorboat
08-07-2016, 04:14 PM
I thought the Henry Cavill Superman movies have just been OK. The action scenes at the end of both movies were way too long. They could have shortened both movies by 45 minutes apiece and they would have been the same movie and would have probably been better.

I confuse DC vs. Marvel and what not becaus I'm not a comic book person. I thought there were pieces of Batman v Superman that were just cheap ass set ups for more movies. Maybe I thought that because I waited to watch it and therefore already knew that Wonder Woman and Aquaman movies were coming.

Dapper Dan
08-07-2016, 09:11 PM
Suicide Squad was amazing. I'm stoked for the Justice League. I've always liked DC over Marvel, but I do like Captain America and I really want to see Dr Strange.

MasterShake
08-08-2016, 04:36 PM
The 'Is the Joker Robin?' thing has already been debunked by David Ayer.

Here is my thing about the DC Cinematic Universe. I like mythology, plain and simple. Marvel is about humans grappling with power and relationships and DC is about gods grappling with their relationship with power. I think there is room for both approaches, but for that reason I have always leaned more towards DC in terms of comic books and characters. And the theory Batman is so popular in the DC universe is that he is that bridge between men and gods. He is what grounds the Supermen and Wonder Women of the world because he trusts no one. In the comics he has a dossier on how to kill any member of the Justice League in case they go crazy, and he expects them to do the same to him. Batman not only acts as an intermediary between power and powerlessness, but he has also punched god in the face and walked away (Batman v Superman, The Dark Knight Returns, etc).

Like MO has pointed out these movies have hardly been perfect. Marvel has a great way of plotting out their movies and checking boxes, but I think some people like me are getting sick of them making good movies that seem to promise something so much cooler in the NEXT movie in their after credits. The first Avengers movie was a revelation to me seemed like a culmination of all the stories that had told in phase one, but everything since then has been a mixed bag that is supposedly moving toward the Infinity War but is taking forever to get there. That and all the false starts of internal conflict that never amount to much. There is kind of a joke journalist on the Birth.Movies.Death site called Film Crit Hulk who writes in ALL CAPS and breaks down the problems with movies. He did a great write up about why Civil War being merely good wasn't good enough:

But then marvel proceeded to stop telling stories.

That may sound extreme, but from the very beginning, phase two became this weird, cyclical exercise in "lots of things happening" but "nothing actually happening." Bad guys would show up. Characters would seem to struggle with things. But it was all surface-level stuff. Mere lip service to the idea of change. Endless yet temporary inversions all before resetting the table with everything still in place (or at least promising it that would be to make the audience feel better). And it was done completely haphazardly. Heck, entire character reconciliation moments would be put in as post-credit stingers instead of in the actual god damn movie.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/24/civil-war-spider-man-2-and-the-dangers-of-assumed-empathy

Go ahead and check the article out if you want, its a good read but you might want to find an extension that turns off the ALL CAPS way he writes. Its meant as a joke, but it is kind of hard to read through.

Long story short, I'm more interested in the DC formula right now of misfires with good intentions of storytelling and depth than the Marvel formula of checking boxes and assumed empathy. It may have took the Ultimate Edition of Batman v Superman to fully flesh out what it was trying to say, but the fact that it tried to tackle the deeper aspects of comic book mythology (like is often done in the Graphic Novels they are adapting) makes me appreciate them. Essentially, I want to see my heroes and villains deconstructed as opposed to engineered perfectly for my consumption.

EDIT: If you want to read the great article I posted without ALL CAPS, refer to this bookmark to fix the text: http://simonganz.com/2013/04/the-dehulkifier/

aberdien
08-08-2016, 04:46 PM
I hate Film Crit Hulk.

It's a superficial hate based solely on his choice to act as a character and type everything in all caps, but it is hate nonetheless.

MasterShake
08-08-2016, 04:50 PM
I hate Film Crit Hulk.

It's a superficial hate based solely on his choice to act as a character and type everything in all caps, but it is hate nonetheless.

I liked his articles but the CAPS thing threw me off and I could never finish. The extension helps a lot.

To be fair, it seems like everything now (especially on the film geek sites) its just a constant barrage of bitching and moaning. I think they make good points, but I don't see how you can apply some of these criticisms to such wide swaths of movies.

All I know is that Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad are NOT as bad of movies as Blade: Trinity, Elektra, Fantastic 4, etc. and I'm just struggling to find reasons why they seem to get ripped apart by so many critics but embraced by fans.

MOtorboat
08-08-2016, 04:57 PM
I loved Blade: Trinity.

:coffee:

Timmy!
08-08-2016, 05:01 PM
Lol. Elektra. My buddy and I won tickets to that horrible flick. We mst3k'd it and had a couple people cracking up.

MasterShake
08-08-2016, 05:04 PM

Did you ever read what a cluster **** that movie was behind the scenes? Form Patton Oswalt:

"He wouldn't come out of his trailer and he would smoke weed all day", recalls Oswalt. "Then I remember one day on the set- they let everyone pick their own clothes - there was one black actor who was also kind of a club kid. And he wore this shirt with the word 'Garbage' on it in big stylish letters. It was his shirt. And Wesley came down to the set, which he only did for close-ups. Everything else was done by his stand-in. I only did one scene with him. But he comes on and goes, 'There’s only one other black guy in the movie, and you make him wear a shirt that says ‘Garbage?’ You racist mothe******!' And he tried to strangle the director, David Goyer".

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/blade/23553/the-behind-the-scenes-problems-with-blade-trinity

There was also a scene in the film where Wesley Snipes refused to open his eyes so they had to use CGI:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/vFPTcGh_zpsnxu4b6li.gif

That movie was great for all the wrong reasons. :lol:

Blade 1 and 2 are easily some of my favorite comic book movies ever.

MasterShake
08-08-2016, 05:10 PM
Lol. Elektra. My buddy and I won tickets to that horrible flick. We mst3k'd it and had a couple people cracking up.

I did that with Halloween H2O. It was just like 5 people in the theater and we all talked through the whole thing making fun of it.

MOtorboat
08-08-2016, 05:12 PM
Did you ever read what a cluster **** that movie was behind the scenes? Form Patton Oswalt:

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/blade/23553/the-behind-the-scenes-problems-with-blade-trinity

There was also a scene in the film where Wesley Snipes refused to open his eyes so they had to use CGI:

That's awesome.

Buff
08-08-2016, 05:13 PM
It's cool that you guys are so passionate about fiction and make-believe things.

MasterShake
08-08-2016, 05:16 PM
It's cool that you guys are so passionate about fiction and make-believe things.

Thanks Buff. I was totally expecting you to come in here and post something dripping with irony and sarcas... wait. You son of a bitch! :lol:

Northman
08-08-2016, 05:35 PM

Reynolds was flat out awesome in that flick.

Valar Morghulis
08-09-2016, 12:45 AM

Buffalo, I would like to draw your attention to the Olympics thread. There you will find the consensus on posting hate in threads otherwise filled with love.

DenBronx
08-09-2016, 05:10 AM

"He wouldn't come out of his trailer and he would smoke weed all day", recalls Oswalt. "Then I remember one day on the set- they let everyone pick their own clothes - there was one black actor who was also kind of a club kid. And he wore this shirt with the word 'Garbage' on it in big stylish letters. It was his shirt. And Wesley came down to the set, which he only did for close-ups. Everything else was done by his stand-in. I only did one scene with him. But he comes on and goes, 'There’s only one other black guy in the movie, and you make him wear a shirt that says ‘Garbage?’ You racist mothe******!' And he tried to strangle the director, David Goyer".

Damn, Snipes sounds like an ***hole.

Buff
08-09-2016, 09:59 AM
Buffalo, I would like to draw your attention to the Olympics thread. There you will find the consensus on posting hate in threads otherwise filled with love.

I have breaching that policy with regularity for the better part of a decade, what would be the fun in stopping now? Besides, that post was a real exercise in restraint. If anything I should be praised for being so delicate.

Northman
08-11-2016, 03:17 AM
Well this is interesting but im not sure how much trouble the director of Suicide Squad could possibly get into. This rap group (Die Antwoord) is claiming that the director ripped off their aesthetic when making SS. They claim he was constantly talking about them to Leto and other cast members throughout the production. At first i thought maybe it could just be coincidence but when i checked out this first video from them and saw Cara D (cant spell her last name but she plays Enchantress in the movie) was in the video i have a feeling they might be on to something. Obviously im not a huge rap fan but did find this band interesting in terms of look. They seem to approach their look from a more "horroresque" angle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMK0prafzw0

ShaneFalco
08-11-2016, 03:22 AM
thats the two people from Chappie lol

MasterShake
08-11-2016, 07:33 AM
Well this is interesting but im not sure how much trouble the director of Suicide Squad could possibly get into. This rap group (Die Antwoord) is claiming that the director ripped off their aesthetic when making SS. They claim he was constantly talking about them to Leto and other cast members throughout the production. At first i thought maybe it could just be coincidence but when i checked out this first video from them and saw Cara D (cant spell her last name but she plays Enchantress in the movie) was in the video i have a feeling they might be on to something. Obviously im not a huge rap fan but did find this band interesting in terms of look. They seem to approach their look from a more "horroresque" angle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMK0prafzw0

Stuff like that is really hard to prove. Its the difference between outright stealing an aesthetic and simply being influenced by it. I actually like Die Antwoord (they are coming to Denver soon!) but they are kind of morons if you ever hear them talk for extended periods. You could claim that they are stealing the look of Neil Gaiman's Sandman comic, soccer hooligans, Brandon Lee from The Crow, South African gangs, or the Beastie Boys.

As Shane eluded to I think they are mostly pissy that they thought they were going to be international movie stars after starring in Chappie. I don't know how you can copyright an aesthetic especially when they borrow so heavily from so many sources. If anything I'd say the look and feel of Suicide Squad was a cross between Escape from New York and The Warriors.

ShaneFalco
08-11-2016, 05:11 PM
so i heard warner bros cut like 50 minutes of scenes from suicide squad.

And i heard Jared Letos joker is barely in the movie anymore. They even used parts in the trailer, that are no longer in the movie. Like the lines "I am going to show you my toys". That is in the trailer over and over.

Kind of stupid. They did the exact same thing to Batman vs Superman. They cut all the scenes that built the resentment towards each other in that movie.

WB needs to back the **** off and let the directors do what they were hired to do. I heard Suicide Squad is pretty bad. Is what happens when a film is directed by a Studio instead of creative directors.

Dapper Dan
08-11-2016, 05:25 PM
I don't watch trailers.

MasterShake
08-15-2016, 07:01 PM
Here is a really good piece on Suicide Squad and while the movie has some missteps, it shows that DC is getting their footing and they are only 3 movies in. It talks about how compared to Marvel (currently at 13 movies!) is just starting to explore some of these darker elements while DC is already embracing them. The last sentence sums up why I like the DC Cinematic Universe so much thus far:

Suicide Squad is not even a little tonally coherent and is tediously reductive in a number of ways, but the really interesting thing about the movie isn’t what it does, but what it says. Not only is it the first legitimately FUN movie the DC Extended Universe has given us so far, but it’s also the first to clearly communicate the DCEU’s central conceit…

Namely, that metahumans are the worst thing to ever happen to humanity. And vice versa.

That fundamentally negative approach is incorporated throughout all three DC movies to date. It first becomes clear in the infamous third act of Man of Steel, with the arrival of General Zod’s forces. The impact, both psychological and physical, on Earth is colossal as we’re confronted with absolute proof of alien life—and at the same time, drives home the sense of just how lucky we were that Superman was raised by human parents. In fact, the entire movie can be read as Clark Kent choosing his adoptive world, and its values, over the gloriously eternal and ultimately meaningless battle of Zod’s Kryptonian zealots.

That becomes even more apparent in Batman v Superman. Not only does the destruction at the end of Man of Steel serve as the sequel’s inciting incident, but there’s also some interesting work done in terms of exploring the human consequences of Superman’s existence. Bruce Wayne’s stance—if there’s even the slightest chance Superman can’t be trusted, then he’s a threat—is based in Bruce’s first-hand experience of terror, but it also has one foot in demonstrable fact. This is a being who, as presented onscreen, was complicit in the destruction of a couple of square miles of Metropolis and colossal loss of life. Superman may be a force for good everywhere else, but all he needs is one bad day to cause massive damage. And Bruce, through Lex Luthor’s machinations, ends up assisting in the creation of that bad day.

That fundamental fear of the other, of the new, is something that’s present throughout BvS. The first time we see it is Lex’s obsession with the alien technology and the clear Faustus/Pandora’s Box metaphor that comes along with it. There are huge, unknowable things out there and as the movie finishes, it seems pretty clear that they’ve noticed us and we’re not ready. That’s not just negative—that’s practically Lovecraftian.

http://www.tor.com/2016/08/15/that-loud-messy-sound-is-the-dc-cinematic-universe-finding-its-voice/

Northman
08-17-2016, 01:33 PM
I dont know, from the first trailer i saw the Joker had very little to do with it. But, they did sell the idea at the end that he was going to impact the movie in some way. So while films often find themselves being edited anyway it shouldnt be too much of a surprise to Leto that some of his scenes were cut.

On the flipside, it is kind of baffling that they edited it THAT much (at least according to those who have seen it as i have not yet) so i wonder if the plan was to do something more specific with Leto's version of the Joker down the road, he somehow pissed off WB's and they wanted to cut him out, or according to most rumors WB's simply shit the bed after seeing how successful Deadpool was and wanted to scale back the heavy drama a bit.

Never the less, this cant end well unless they intend to have yet another actor portray the Joker going forward. The only way i think they can remotely redeem themselves is to give the dvd its deleted scenes and see how it fares vs what was released in the theaters.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/4034990?utm_source=fb-channel-hollywood-buzz&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=jared-leto-on-suicide-squad-f-em-is-dc-film-about-to-lose-its-joker

It seems that our new Joker bore the brunt of the cuts. Understandably, then, nobody seems more angry at Warner Bros.'s editing of Suicide Squad than Jared Leto.
Last weekend, at Camp Mars, Leto gave full vent about his frustration. We don't have the actual quotes, but one fan on Tumblr summarized them:

What's more, he also disclosed another thing that's frustrating him about his work with Warner Bros. He's a keen rock-climber, but - as part of his contract - he's forbidden to take part in dangerous activities like rock-climbing. Leto's response was startling: "**** Em"

Jared Leto's Joker was a major part of the marketing campaign forSuicide Squad, and everyone was expecting him to play a major role in the film. Leto himself went to incredible lengths to get in-character; a believer in method acting, he delved deep into the character, andensured that the film was always in the headlines (http://moviepilot.com/posts/4020209)! It's pretty clear that Leto was having a blast playing the part of the clown prince of crime, and was excited to see where the Joker's story went next.
Then things went badly wrong.

The critical backlash against Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice took Warner Bros. by surprise, and - with Suicide Squad almost completed - the studio panicked. If behind-the-scenes accounts (http://moviepilot.com/posts/4025714) are accurate, two versions of the film were shown to viewers in Northern California, and the final product was a mash-up of these.

Dapper Dan
08-17-2016, 02:03 PM
Honestly, what's all the hubbub about? I don't get it.

BroncoJoe
08-17-2016, 02:12 PM
It typically amazes me how much thought some put into a movie. I go, watch, and either enjoy it or not. I couldn't really give a rip about the whole backstory. who the producer is, where it was filmed, etc.

Northman
08-17-2016, 02:14 PM
Honestly, what's all the hubbub about? I don't get it.

The general feeling is i think people expected Suicide Squad to kill it in the theaters but fell flat on its face instead.

Northman
08-17-2016, 02:16 PM
It typically amazes me how much thought some put into a movie. I go, watch, and either enjoy it or not. I couldn't really give a rip about the whole backstory. who the producer is, where it was filmed, etc.

For me it depends on how much interest i have in said story, director, or actors/actresses. I was pretty pumped to see SS but im a bit amazed at how poorly a showing it has had amongst the viewers so far. Im sure guys like Shake are like me where movies in general are cool when you know the backstories and general trivia. I find those kinds of things interesting.

Dapper Dan
08-17-2016, 02:34 PM
The general feeling is i think people expected Suicide Squad to kill it in the theaters but fell flat on its face instead.

What's the judgement? Critics? Money?

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "expect". People need to quit watching so many trailers and putting so much effort into researching and learning about a movie before it comes out. I guarantee you that most people that watched this movie with an open mind loved it.

Northman
08-17-2016, 06:02 PM
What's the judgement? Critics? Money?

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "expect". People need to quit watching so many trailers and putting so much effort into researching and learning about a movie before it comes out. I guarantee you that most people that watched this movie with an open mind loved it.

Well, thats just it though. Most of the diehards who would go see this film know the history of the comics, etc. For myself i dont know any of the history of SS so chances are i will still enjoy it.

Dapper Dan
08-17-2016, 06:43 PM
Well, thats just it though. Most of the diehards who would go see this film know the history of the comics, etc. For myself i dont know any of the history of SS so chances are i will still enjoy it.

That feels no different than when people say "the book was so much better than the movie".

MasterShake
08-17-2016, 08:42 PM

To be fair it is killing it in the theaters. 2 weeks at number 1 and the fan reaction has been pretty positive. I didn't care too much for it, but I enjoyed it enough. The big backlash is coming from the critics but WB can give a rats ass about that when a movie about mostly c-list characters is closing in at $500 million worldwide. It will easily pass up Guardians of the Galaxy when all is said and done, and that is pretty impressive.

I really want WB to stick to their guns and let their directors put out their versions of the movie. You can tell that there is a great movie in there somewhere (I think more of Let's Joker would have helped immensely) but Batman v Superman made them gun shy. That movie is nearing 900 million but it was expected to cross 1 Billion so they considered that a big misstep. When they saw the positive reaction to the Batman v Superman Ultimate Cut (which was Snyders full theatrical version before they cut out chunks so it could play more showtimes in a day) the damage was already done with Suicide Squad. Wonder Woman and Justice League will have to be critical and commercial successes, and I think they will.

MasterShake
09-13-2016, 07:49 AM
Pretty neat summary of what BvS did right (as opposed to the usual EVERYTHING SUCKS videos you see on the Internet). I agree with it for the most part:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5S7rjUbC14

MasterShake
10-07-2016, 03:07 PM
Really neat BTS Justice League featurette from the last day of filming in London:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ilFzVLWPog

Valar Morghulis
10-08-2016, 07:09 AM
Just watched suicide squad.

Great movie.

The DC movies are killing it for me.

Slick
10-08-2016, 10:58 AM
Really neat BTS Justice League featurette from the last day of filming in London:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ilFzVLWPog

That was not neat, Shake.

I loved those cartoons when I was a kid though. Used to get up at 6:30am on Saturdays to watch the Hall of Justice against the Legion of Doom.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-08-2016, 01:29 PM

I loved those cartoons when I was a kid though. Used to get up at 6:30am on Saturdays to watch the Hall of Justice against the Legion of Doom.

Me too

MasterShake
10-10-2016, 09:44 AM

Yes! Me too. I don't think they will have the Hall of Justice (yet) in the movies but I'm hoping eventually they will have that or the Watchtower.

Speaking of animated movies (though definitely NOT for kids), DC does great mature animated movies as well. My favorite so far was called Flashpoint Paradox as it seems to be mirroring what they are doing with the DC Cinematic Universe as far as tone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3tochTgPVc

In this movie, the timeline gets screwed up early on and instead of his parents dying, Bruce gets shot in the alley and Thomas Wayne turns into a gun-toting Batman and the whole world starts going to hell. Even Superman ends up in a much different situation. The guy who wrote the comic series and the movie for Flashpoint is Geoff Johns who is now in charge of the creative storylines for DC starting with Justice League so I have high hopes.

Justice League War is another great one. Good mix of action and humor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twuqPJC1RiA

CoachChaz
10-10-2016, 09:53 AM
Justice League: Doom is my personal favorite.

MasterShake
10-10-2016, 10:20 AM
Justice League: Doom is my personal favorite.

Yeah that is a great one. I think most of the DC Animated Universe is better than most comic book movies, including some Marvel films. I loved how they showed that Batman basically had a plan to kill everyone in the Justice League just in case. That is the most Batman thing ever.

CoachChaz
10-10-2016, 10:28 AM
Yeah that is a great one. I think most of the DC Animated Universe is better than most comic book movies, including some Marvel films. I loved how they showed that Batman basically had a plan to kill everyone in the Justice League just in case. That is the most Batman thing ever.

Yes. The animated films make Batman out more in line with the ******* that he is. Always look forward to the new ones. But JL vs. Teen Titans was a disaster this year. Havent seen Killing Joke yet, so I hope that's good.

MasterShake
10-10-2016, 10:48 AM
Yes. The animated films make Batman out more in line with the ******* that he is. Always look forward to the new ones. But JL vs. Teen Titans was a disaster this year. Havent seen Killing Joke yet, so I hope that's good.

I heard Killing Joke was pretty bad so I haven't seen it yet either. I don't want to taint one of my favorite graphic novels if I don't have to. I wasn't really impressed with The Dark Knight Returns animated film either. Its weird because the animated films can be hit or miss. I thought Batman vs Robin would be bad and I really ended up enjoying it.

CoachChaz
10-10-2016, 11:52 AM
I heard Killing Joke was pretty bad so I haven't seen it yet either. I don't want to taint one of my favorite graphic novels if I don't have to. I wasn't really impressed with The Dark Knight Returns animated film either. Its weird because the animated films can be hit or miss. I thought Batman vs Robin would be bad and I really ended up enjoying it.

I liked how "graphic" Dark Knight Returns was. I thought they pushed some boundaries there. Much like how the JL movies have been doing it with adding "vulgar" language here and there. Keeps the characters more human, IMO. But Part 2 was much better than Part 1. Under the Red Hood is still the best Batman film, IMO.

MasterShake
10-12-2016, 06:25 PM
First pic of Aquaman's Queen from Zack Snyder's Twitter:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/nxq9799_zpsbca9vki2.jpg

MasterShake
12-22-2016, 03:11 PM
Neat. Digging the Flash outfit:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/justice-league-movie-batman-wonder-woman-flash_zps89zkbvka.jpg

Freyaka
12-22-2016, 11:38 PM
Neat. Digging the Flash outfit:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/justice-league-movie-batman-wonder-woman-flash_zps89zkbvka.jpg

Yea it's alright...I still prefer the suit on the show

http://primetime.unrealitytv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/The-Flash-Grant-Gustin-as-Barry-Allen-in-Flash-of-Two-Worlds.jpg

But it needs to be a brighter red IMO.

MasterShake
12-23-2016, 08:58 AM
Yea it's alright...I still prefer the suit on the show

http://primetime.unrealitytv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/The-Flash-Grant-Gustin-as-Barry-Allen-in-Flash-of-Two-Worlds.jpg

But it needs to be a brighter red IMO.

Yeah the one in the show is more or less comic accurate but they are both pretty muted. I think the one in the movie is one Bruce Wayne made for him. Maybe his suit at the beginning of the film is closer to that. The Batman and Wonder Woman suits look great in that picture though. I always preferred the gray batsuit with the shorter ears, nice to see it on screen finally.

MasterShake
03-14-2017, 06:55 PM
Ok this guy absolutely nails why DC should stay the course with their themes and say **** it to the critics that want them to play it safe:

Criticism is always welcome and valid when it pertains to dialogue, cinematography, and the artistic execution of a film in relation to the creators’ ambitions and intent. But as anyone can understand, criticism becomes infinitely less constructive or progressive when the ambitions and intents being executed upon are assumed. And when a critic deems that a film has totally and completely failed to execute upon its assumed intent to the extent that it fails in each and every respect, and even the motivations behind that intent are called into question, one must – and should – ask if the intention has been misunderstood. That’s not a slight against critics or criticism, either – even great critics have (often famously) misunderstood great art. But as criticism escalates to extremes, it becomes even more important to ask the question: is there an intention or ambition that the film does succeed (to a greater degree) in exploring? And is there more evidence to support that intention than the assumed one that the film seems to completely ignore?

The refusal of some to believe that a director’s choices are actually that – choices – and not a product of total obliviousness or misunderstanding is one we may never understand. But it’s a simple idea: if Zack Snyder wanted audiences to believe Superman was infallible and above the moral dilemmas of our world, then he wouldn’t have needed to kill Zod. If David Ayer wanted audiences to believe doing the right thing outweighed the mistakes of your past, then the Suicide Squad wouldn’t have wound up back in their prison cells. And if Zack Snyder wanted audiences to think that good people are immune to being manipulated by paranoia and fear, Batman wouldn’t have succumbed to it. If he had intended the audience to take comfort in the fact that waging war based on xenophobia and a ‘greater good’ can be undone, reversed, and made up for… Superman wouldn’t wind up in a coffin.

While Marvel movies are fun and safe, they offer exactly what we expect. I like Marvel films, but DC is presenting a depth and subversion to characters that everyone "thinks" they own.

Read the full article here. It's REALLY good: http://screenrant.com/dceu-movies-critics-wrong/

Northman
03-14-2017, 07:35 PM
Meh, art is subjective like most things. I dont think its a misunderstanding as it is so much just personal taste. While i composed my lists i was a little shocked by how many Marvel movies were either bad or just pretty much forgettable. But DC has been a bit worse for me when it comes to what it thought were great movies vs ho hum to really bad. Part of DC's problems i think is some of the acting or just bad script writing. Here's basically the hit or misses for each franchise for me.

Hits:

Punisher: War Zone (2008)
Blade (series)
Fantastic Four (2005)
Spiderman (2002)
X-Men (2000)
Iron Man (2008)
Iron Man 2 (2010)
Thor (2010)
X-Men: Last Stand (2006)
X-Men 2 (2003)
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
X-Men: First Class (2011)
Captain America (series)
The Avengers (2012)
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
Ant Man (2015)
Deadpool (2016)
X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)
Daredevil (Tv Series)

Misses:

Hulk (2003)
Daredevil (2003)
Punisher (2004)
Elecktra (2005)
Spiderman 2 (2004)
Iron Man 3
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007)
Ghost Rider (2007)
Spider Man 3 (2007)
The Wolverine (2013)
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
Doctor Strange (2016)
Agent Carter (Tv Series)
Agents of SHIELD (Tv series)
Jessica Jones (Tv Series)

Hits:

Swamp Thing (1982)
Batman (1989)
Batman Returns (1992)
Batman Forever (1995)
Batman (series 2005-)
V for Vendetta (2006)
Watchmen (2009)

Misses:

Batman & Robin (1997)
Catwoman (2004)
Superman Returns (2006)
The Losers (2010)
Jonah Hex (2010)
Green Lantern (2011)
Man of Steel (2013)
Batman vs Superman (2016)
Suicide Squad (2016)
Gotham (Tv Series)

MasterShake
03-14-2017, 07:48 PM
Meh, art is subjective like most things. I dont think its a misunderstanding as it is so much just personal taste. While i composed my lists i was a little shocked by how many Marvel movies were either bad or just pretty much forgettable. But DC has been a bit worse for me when it comes to what it thought were great movies vs ho hum to really bad. Part of DC's problems i think is some of the acting or just bad script writing. Here's basically the hit or misses for each franchise for me.

Good points. I didn't take that from the article however. It was more about that even if something is a "miss" for someone that doesn't objectively make it a "bad" thing. Like you said, art is subjective. I think any of us here could make a decent to good Superman/Batman movie in our sleep because the characters are so well ingrained. The thing the article points out, and what I agree with, is that even though the new DC movies aren't for everyone at least they are treading new paths with established characters. Of the three movies, Suicide Squad is the only one I thought of as dumb fun but not a very good movie.

Your list brings up a good point about the established DCEU vs The Marvel Studios Shared Universe. We are three movies into the DCEU:

1. Man of Steel
2. Batman v Superman
3. Suicide Squad

Versus the first 3 movies in the Marvel Universe:

1. Iron Man
2. The Incredible Hulk
3. Iron Man 2

I don't think Marvel really hit it's stride until Winter Soldier for me because that was the first film to really subvert the genre a bit. I even enjoyed Age of Ultron which was a miss for me, but still tried to take the franchise somewhere else.

I think both Marvel and DC are at their best when they push the limits of their characters and stories into the real of "uncomfortable". Like, I really enjoyed Ant-Man and Doctor Strange but aside from some slick special effects I was waiting for the Marvel-esque beats in each movie and they came pretty much on cue. I really hope we see some messed up stuff in the Infinity War!

Northman
03-14-2017, 07:55 PM
I dont mind uncomfortable but where BvS and SS had some interesting perspectives/characters it didnt quit give me the feeling as say Watchmen where i felt that is a "uncomfortable" movie that is executed well. Im good with that approach i just dont think DC has quite hit it yet.

MasterShake
03-14-2017, 07:59 PM
I dont mind uncomfortable but where BvS and SS had some interesting perspectives/characters it didnt quit give me the feeling as say Watchmen where i felt that is a "uncomfortable" movie that is executed well. Im good with that approach i just dont think DC has quite hit it yet.

Agreed, which is why they need to keep going forward and improving while still challenging the viewer when they can. Personally I like the idea of a character like Batman being so shattered at this point in his career that he is basically working his way back to the light. I had no issues with him killing in BvS because they hinted at why he was doing it. Marvel had a chance with Tony Stark to really explore his PTSD but they get close to the edge and have him say something quirky. I thought they did a great job in Civil War with his relationship with Steve though. I also like that I have Marvel movies for fun tentpole stuff and DC for grittier shit even though it doesn't always work. I hope they each stay in their lanes and see it through until both universes get rebooted again.

Valar Morghulis
03-15-2017, 12:00 AM
Good points. I didn't take that from the article however. It was more about that even if something is a "miss" for someone that doesn't objectively make it a "bad" thing. Like you said, art is subjective. I think any of us here could make a decent to good Superman/Batman movie in our sleep because the characters are so well ingrained. The thing the article points out, and what I agree with, is that even though the new DC movies aren't for everyone at least they are treading new paths with established characters. Of the three movies, Suicide Squad is the only one I thought of as dumb fun but not a very good movie. Your list brings up a good point about the established DCEU vs The Marvel Studios Shared Universe. We are three movies into the DCEU: 1. Man of Steel 2. Batman v Superman 3. Suicide Squad Versus the first 3 movies in the Marvel Universe: 1. Iron Man 2. The Incredible Hulk 3. Iron Man 2 I don't think Marvel really hit it's stride until Winter Soldier for me because that was the first film to really subvert the genre a bit. I even enjoyed Age of Ultron which was a miss for me, but still tried to take the franchise somewhere else. I think both Marvel and DC are at their best when they push the limits of their characters and stories into the real of "uncomfortable". Like, I really enjoyed Ant-Man and Doctor Strange but aside from some slick special effects I was waiting for the Marvel-esque beats in each movie and they came pretty much on cue. I really hope we see some messed up stuff in the Infinity War!

Why did Norton not stay as the hulk?

MasterShake
03-15-2017, 08:04 AM
Why did Norton not stay as the hulk?

Apparently he was a nightmare to work with on the set. He ended up pretty much taking over the editing room and making story changes up until the last minute.Marvel just never invited him back after that.

Valar Morghulis
03-15-2017, 12:35 PM
Apparently he was a nightmare to work with on the set. He ended up pretty much taking over the editing room and making story changes up until the last minute.Marvel just never invited him back after that.

That's fortunate, ruffalo is amazing

MasterShake
03-15-2017, 01:53 PM
That's fortunate, ruffalo is amazing

Couldn't agree more. The way the Hulk looks now is also a big improvement over the first Incredible Hulk movie. The new one looks like a big green Ruffalo.

Northman
03-15-2017, 07:33 PM
I thought Norton was good in his role but Ruffalo is clearly much better both as Hulk and Banner.

Northman
03-25-2017, 04:33 PM
Bwhahahahahahahaa OMG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptKgRecPi1I

JPPT1974
03-27-2017, 11:09 PM
Very funny there!

Freyaka
03-29-2017, 11:27 AM
You know...I wish DC could manage to put together movies as good as they put together TV shows. Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and even Arrow are better than the movies they put out (granted last season of Arrow was a bit hard to watch, this season of flash is kinda hard as well)

I'm really hoping Justice League turns out to be a hit.

MasterShake
03-29-2017, 11:47 AM
You know...I wish DC could manage to put together movies as good as they put together TV shows. Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and even Arrow are better than the movies they put out (granted last season of Arrow was a bit hard to watch, this season of flash is kinda hard as well)

I'm really hoping Justice League turns out to be a hit.

Being a hit isn't the issue. All the DCEU films have made money but got nailed critically.

I think DC just needs to ask themselves what type of audience they want to attract. Man of Steel and Batman v Superman were very much deconstructionist movies of the genre. As someone who poured over Frank Miller's interpretation of Batman in the Dark Knight Returns I was completely in the bag for both of those films and probably liked them more than the average moviegoer. The current TV Shows like The Flash and Supergirl on the other hand were much more in line with the regular comic book pulls I remember when I was younger. Fun, well paced, and pretty true to the source. I mean, I never thought I'd see King Shark in live action and I love it. But I also love the political undertones and seriousness of the DC Cinematic Films. Right now DC is making graphic novel style movies and comic book style TV Shows and they are appealing to two different types of comic book/superhero fans.

I think DC is realizing this too. With both Wonder Woman and Justice League falling back in line into more fantasy/action/mythology it looks like they are casting a wider net. While I liked MOS and BvS, I realize they are not for everyone. Suicide Squad was an interesting mess to me, but not much else. If Wonder Woman and Justice League fail to get both critical and financial success I could see them rebooting the whole thing.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-29-2017, 03:07 PM
Man of Steel and Bman vs Superman were awesome

Valar Morghulis
03-29-2017, 03:45 PM
Man of Steel and Bman vs Superman were awesome

I thought man of steel was to heavy on the destruction if the city

But I love everything else by dc apart from the camp tv shows like arrow

Buff
03-29-2017, 05:53 PM
The Lincoln Memorial is one of my favorite parts.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-29-2017, 06:59 PM
I thought man of steel was to heavy on the destruction if the city

But I love everything else by dc apart from the camp tv shows like arrow

Why do you say it was too heavy on the destruction of the city? It was the same type of peril found in the Avengers, only a much better movie.

Poet
03-29-2017, 09:05 PM
MoS was not better than the Avengers. MoS took itself far too seriously, was literally to dark on screen, and the dialogue wasn't great. I liked the movie and thought it got a bad rap, but better than the Avengers?

Nah.

ShaneFalco
03-29-2017, 09:24 PM
i was a big DC kid.

Marvel makes the better movies.

DC is too PC these days to unleash the true joker.

Poet
03-29-2017, 09:47 PM
There is no 'true' Joker - the character is multi-faceted and has an extensive history.

ShaneFalco
03-29-2017, 09:54 PM
Heath Ledger was the closest they got to him.

And DC makes all their colors dark, because the story is supposed to be dark. But they make the story shit. Not dark. Stop color correcting your footage dark, and make the story dark.

Poet
03-29-2017, 09:56 PM
There's a certain point where it's just...dark shit...on the screen...and it all looks the same...and man...blah.

Not every movie has to be dark. There are rarely absolutes, broseph.

ShaneFalco
03-29-2017, 09:58 PM
Thats what im saying. They use too much dark color correction in post, and forget to make the actual story line dark with writing.

Thats what made DC separate from Marvel.

The blood and grit of the dirty sewers of DC.

Poet
03-29-2017, 10:01 PM
Ultimately, most things in life are poorly done.

But they do try to make their movies 'dark'. It's alright, man. They'll make some good shit for you. I love The Joker, btw.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-29-2017, 10:10 PM
MoS was not better than the Avengers. MoS took itself far too seriously, was literally to dark on screen, and the dialogue wasn't great. I liked the movie and thought it got a bad rap, but better than the Avengers?

Nah.

I thought Avengers was shallow.

Poet
03-29-2017, 10:16 PM
I thought Avengers was shallow.

It was supposed to be shallow. It's the first Avengers movie. It's also supposed to be family friendly.

MasterShake
03-30-2017, 09:26 AM
It was supposed to be shallow. It's the first Avengers movie. It's also supposed to be family friendly.

Avengers and MOS are apples and oranges. Like I said DC is going more the Graphic Novel route while Marvel is making Comic Book movies that are more family friendly. Now we have things like Deadpool which subvert the genre and are definitely for adults and more recently Logan which is an adult movie without resorting to hardly any tenets of a traditional Superhero movie. Logan was like a character study and oh yeah, the main characters just happened to have some abilities. Personally I like the fact the the genre splits off of itself instead of EVERYTHING trying to duplicate Marvel. If I want light and fun I go see Marvel movies, if I want something a little darker I check out DC or movies like Logan. I definitely don't get caught up in the whole Marvel vs DC thing because it just goes nowhere based on what you are in the mood for. Personally I like Marvel movies but they are very formulaic and they all seem to hit the same beats. DC I like better but some of the risks they take backfire in their films. I think Marvel has about 14 films in their cinematic universe right now and the only ones that I REALLY thought were great were Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Winter Soldier, and the Avengers. It will be interesting to see how many DC movies I like in the next few years.

Northman
04-11-2017, 05:40 AM
This is going to be awesome, Much better than Dark World in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7MGUNV8MxU

MasterShake
04-11-2017, 08:25 AM
This is going to be awesome, Much better than Dark World in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7MGUNV8MxU

HOW DARE YOU TAINT THE DC THREAD WITH MARVEL!

Seriously though Thor does look pretty cool, but the first 2 Thor movies have been mixed bags. Hoping they can nail this one. Looks like Asgardians of the Galaxy to me. I love the 80's Hair Metal Band logo for Ragnarock. Also it would be pretty easy to be better than The Dark World. That movie was all over the place and you could tell the behind the scenes script changes and director drama really hurt the final product. It went from a dark and somber movie with Thor losing his mom to a buddy comedy with he and Loki. The less said about Natalie Portman as Dr. Jane Foster the better. I can't even remember the bad guy, some elf or something? All I know is that the mist turned out to be an infinity stone.

Northman
04-11-2017, 05:19 PM
Well, the thread did say "all things involved" so i thought we were throwing all the comic shit in here. My apologies for tainting your already bad DC thread Shakers! lol

MasterShake
04-12-2017, 10:07 AM
Well, the thread did say "all things involved" so i thought we were throwing all the comic shit in here. My apologies for tainting your already bad DC thread Shakers! lol

*adjusts glasses puffs inhaler*

That would be Comic Book Movies and All Things Involved. DC Universe is the possessive topic of the sentence, and All Things Involved Would be inclusive of that Universe ONLY. :tsk:

You are like my sweet old grandma who bought me an Star Trek Enterprise watch because I like Star Wars. It was all the same shit to her. :lol:

We probably should have a Comic Book Movie Discussion Thread so Buff's head could explode.

Freyaka
04-13-2017, 09:01 AM
HOW DARE YOU TAINT THE DC THREAD WITH MARVEL!

Seriously though Thor does look pretty cool, but the first 2 Thor movies have been mixed bags. Hoping they can nail this one. Looks like Asgardians of the Galaxy to me. I love the 80's Hair Metal Band logo for Ragnarock. Also it would be pretty easy to be better than The Dark World. That movie was all over the place and you could tell the behind the scenes script changes and director drama really hurt the final product. It went from a dark and somber movie with Thor losing his mom to a buddy comedy with he and Loki. The less said about Natalie Portman as Dr. Jane Foster the better. I can't even remember the bad guy, some elf or something? All I know is that the mist turned out to be an infinity stone.

I was so disappointed by that one...I'm a huge Doctor Who fan and the "elf" dude was Christopher Eccleston (who played the 9th doctor on doctor who)

It fell so amazingly flat...

Freyaka
04-13-2017, 09:02 AM
*adjusts glasses puffs inhaler*

That would be Comic Book Movies and All Things Involved. DC Universe is the possessive topic of the sentence, and All Things Involved Would be inclusive of that Universe ONLY. :tsk:

You are like my sweet old grandma who bought me an Star Trek Enterprise watch because I like Star Wars. It was all the same shit to her. :lol:

We probably should have a Comic Book Movie Discussion Thread so Buff's head could explode.

I bet North buys PS4 games and tries to play them on Xbox...

Northman
04-13-2017, 05:02 PM
I bet North buys PS4 games and tries to play them on Xbox...

Bwhahahhahaha, FOOOOOK YOU BUDDY!

Hawgdriver
04-13-2017, 11:08 PM
These Bolly Curse never knew the Obituary.

Irrelevant, immaterial.

FanInAZ
05-26-2017, 09:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMy1jueEp9k

So which actor or actress would be most embarrassed by their pre-famous role shown in this video?

MasterShake
05-26-2017, 09:22 PM
Early buzz on Wonder Woman is very good! Can't wait to see it next Thursday at the new Alamo Drafthouse at Sloans Lake.

Poet
05-26-2017, 09:37 PM
I thought the character was cool in B. v S. I was worried that her 'abilities' would be one of the weaker incarnations of the character - after that fight against Doomsday, though...she's pretty sweet.

Freyaka
05-30-2017, 11:44 AM
Early buzz on Wonder Woman is very good! Can't wait to see it next Thursday at the new Alamo Drafthouse at Sloans Lake.

Yea, I've been hearing that as well. Hopefully DC finally makes a worthwhile, non-batman movie. Lord knows it's been awhile.

Freyaka
05-30-2017, 11:46 AM
I thought the character was cool in B. v S. I was worried that her 'abilities' would be one of the weaker incarnations of the character - after that fight against Doomsday, though...she's pretty sweet.

I just hope they do Aquaman justice. I like the guy they've got playing him (he was great in Stargate Atlantis and Game of Thrones)

I used to mock Aquaman personally because no one every wrote him well and he always made me think of the dopey Justice League cartoon version of his character from the 70s or 80s or whatever.

Geoff Johns run with the character made me finally start to appreciate just how awesome of a character he can be.

MasterShake
05-30-2017, 12:02 PM
I just hope they do Aquaman justice. I like the guy they've got playing him (he was great in Stargate Atlantis and Game of Thrones)

I used to mock Aquaman personally because no one every wrote him well and he always made me think of the dopey Justice League cartoon version of his character from the 70s or 80s or whatever.

Geoff Johns run with the character made me finally start to appreciate just how awesome of a character he can be.

The recent DC Animation Movie incarnations have been really well done. And he is badass in the Injustice 2 video game.

Wonder Woman is holding strong at 96% right now which would make it the best reviewed live-action comic book movie ever. I hope it holds up.

Freyaka
05-30-2017, 12:05 PM
The recent DC Animation Movie incarnations have been really well done. And he is badass in the Injustice 2 video game.

Wonder Woman is holding strong at 96% right now which would make it the best reviewed live-action comic book movie ever. I hope it holds up.

That's because DC Animation is pretty much the most badass thing ever! If they stopped making live action movies to focus on animation, you'd not hear a single complaint out of me.

MasterShake
05-30-2017, 12:54 PM
That's because DC Animation is pretty much the most badass thing ever! If they stopped making live action movies to focus on animation, you'd not hear a single complaint out of me.

I think Flashpoint Paradox was one of my favorite Super Hero movies period of the last decade.

Freyaka
05-30-2017, 01:01 PM
I think Flashpoint Paradox was one of my favorite Super Hero movies period of the last decade.

The Killing Joke was pretty awesome as well. If nothing else to hear Mark Hamil reading such iconic dialog.

MasterShake
05-30-2017, 02:26 PM
The Killing Joke was pretty awesome as well. If nothing else to hear Mark Hamil reading such iconic dialog.

That one was ok, not my favorite though. They REALLY took some liberties with the story and added too much fluff. Agreed on Mark Hammil though, he pretty much is the definitive Joker at this point.

Poet
05-30-2017, 05:22 PM
That one was ok, not my favorite though. They REALLY took some liberties with the story and added too much fluff. Agreed on Mark Hammil though, he pretty much is the definitive Joker at this point.

They needed to cut off the new stuff as a separate chapter - that would have allowed them to have the run time that they needed to justify making the movie, as well as giving more backstory that they wanted as well.

Other than that, it was mostly a panel by panel duplicate.

Northman
05-31-2017, 04:42 AM
So apparently they had some private screenings for "women only" viewings of the new Wonder Woman to which some men were upset by. lol

MasterShake
05-31-2017, 08:19 AM
So apparently they had some private screenings for "women only" viewings of the new Wonder Woman to which some men were upset by. lol

Yeah I saw that. These are probably the same guys that boycotted the last Ghostbusters movie and hop online and call everyone else snowflakes every chance they get. For once these girls and women have a representation of a superhero on the big screen in a solo movie and they want to identify with it and I say more power to them. These guys have a million other screenings they can attend, and for that matter a million other movies they can watch with dudes in leading roles being badass. This isn't them being exclusionary to men, it is them celebrating finally being included in a male dominated genre and coming together to do so.

Some people just want to make it all about them and play the victim just like they accuse everyone else of doing.

Freyaka
05-31-2017, 08:55 AM

They were just jealous they didn't get to watch it.

It makes sense, it's a movie that has the potential to draw women into the super hero genre, they obviously are attempting to gauge how well it does with a small sampling of women.

MasterShake
05-31-2017, 09:18 AM
They were just jealous they didn't get to watch it.

It makes sense, it's a movie that has the potential to draw women into the super hero genre, they obviously are attempting to gauge how well it does with a small sampling of women.

It wasn't even that. DC knew they have a hit on their hands since the fan screenings just over a week ago. These women only screenings were actually charity events and things like that.

Freyaka
05-31-2017, 09:32 AM
It wasn't even that. DC knew they have a hit on their hands since the fan screenings just over a week ago. These women only screenings were actually charity events and things like that.

Yea, not a big deal to get worked up over regardless.

Valar Morghulis
05-31-2017, 09:36 AM
Yea, not a big deal to get worked up over regardless.

Yeah it is, it's sexist.

It reeks of inequality and positive discrimination.

They should never have got the vote... Look what the world coming to. Men can't enter a certain movie theatre for a few hours on one day this year...aaarrrgghhh

What a lot of shit

Northman
05-31-2017, 05:28 PM
It is sexist but its also not a big deal. I mean, its not like other people are not going to get to see this movie. But, since (kind of like BATB) WW is going to resonate with female empowerment they needed to gauge how the response was going to be so the screenings make total sense.

Hawgdriver
05-31-2017, 05:35 PM
I predict more truck balls in 2018.

Northman
06-17-2017, 01:31 PM
Im high jacking Shake's thread again but i want Marvel to make a movie specific to Winter Soldier since he is my favorite character. What do you think Shaker? :)

MasterShake
06-17-2017, 04:43 PM
Im high jacking Shake's thread again but i want Marvel to make a movie specific to Winter Soldier since he is my favorite character. What do you think Shaker? :)

That movie would make $20 from you seeing it twice.

Seriously though who knows? I never thought I'd see standalone Doctor Strange, Ant-Man and Black Panther flicks.

Northman
06-17-2017, 07:37 PM
Winter Soldier might be a bit more difficult unless they did some storyline post villain career. But even if they went with his darker back story that would be a lot of fun for me.

MasterShake
07-01-2017, 12:56 PM
Really good video essay on what the DCEU does right that Marvel has been struggling with for a while now, and that is sincerity. For all the flaws of Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, they were trying to un-ironically deconstruct the Superman and Superhero mythos and they never allowed for strange tonal shifts like we see in movies like Doctor Strange and Civil War. While I am always entertained by Marvel flicks, they never take themselves seriously enough for me to invest in them fully like I do the DC movies. Here is a good video on that very subject and how Wonder Woman was the first movie to embrace itself in the genre in a long while:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-QhdzQo66o

Northman
07-01-2017, 06:41 PM
While i have yet to see WW and agree with you that DC tries to bring a more "Watchmen" approach to it i still think they miss the mark a lot. Its one thing to try and bring that approach but its a totally different monster when executing it which is why i was so disappointed with SS and BvS. Meanwhile, despite some of their own flaws i find myself loving the Marvel stuff far more and think they did a good job of building some tension with Civil War personally. The only real problem for Marvel at his point (in my opinion) is there is just too much of it. I know there are some big fans of the Luke Cage and Jessica Jones stuff but i just found myself tuning out of those series because its just a bit overwhelming. I still have a good interest in Daredevil though so thats a plus. But for me its no good to try and create a certain feeling or atmosphere only to miss the mark. So while the writing is important so is the execution. But to be honest, comedic moments thrown in action films doesnt really disappoint me as apparently it does the guy who did the video. But apparently he never grew up watching Arnie films and some of those plots were "supposed" to be pretty serious. I dont know, to me DC still has a long way to go to really overtake Marvel at least in terms of execution and i think the current reviews are a reflection of that. People dont mind serious movies but they also like having fun with them and thats what Marvel excells at.

MasterShake
07-01-2017, 07:16 PM
While i have yet to see WW and agree with you that DC tries to bring a more "Watchmen" approach to it i still think they miss the mark a lot. Its one thing to try and bring that approach but its a totally different monster when executing it which is why i was so disappointed with SS and BvS. Meanwhile, despite some of their own flaws i find myself loving the Marvel stuff far more and think they did a good job of building some tension with Civil War personally. The only real problem for Marvel at his point (in my opinion) is there is just too much of it. I know there are some big fans of the Luke Cage and Jessica Jones stuff but i just found myself tuning out of those series because its just a bit overwhelming. I still have a good interest in Daredevil though so thats a plus. But for me its no good to try and create a certain feeling or atmosphere only to miss the mark. So while the writing is important so is the execution. But to be honest, comedic moments thrown in action films doesnt really disappoint me as apparently it does the guy who did the video. But apparently he never grew up watching Arnie films and some of those plots were "supposed" to be pretty serious. I dont know, to me DC still has a long way to go to really overtake Marvel at least in terms of execution and i think the current reviews are a reflection of that. People dont mind serious movies but they also like having fun with them and thats what Marvel excells at.

I'm not saying DC is nearly the entertainment level of Marvel who has perfected the formula and stuck with it, but just pointing out that at least DC is trying something new. I enjoy both universes but people often ask me why I like the newer slate of DC films (aside from Suicide Squad which was a step sideways in my opinion) and I thought this covered it well.

My favorite movies in Marvel so far are Guardians of the Galaxy and Winter Soldier because they took risks and strayed from the Marvel "quip a minute" formula. I think that GOTG Vol. 2 and Civil War didn't take those ideas any further though and took away much of what they were building towards. Civil War could've been a game changer but the characters were the same at the beginning of the film as they were at the end and there were no real consequences unlike the comic it was based off. And you know what? That is fine because Marvel movies still kick all sorts of ass.

I'm just saying (and the video points this out) that some people actually like to see their heroes deconstructed and then built back up which I "hope" DC is trying to do going forward. Wonder Woman is the first part of their second act and Justice League is the next big test. I don't have nearly as much fun with DC movies lately as I do the Marvel ones, but the DC flicks are what I find myself going back to watch to find new things and I do each time.

This isn't a "DC RULEZ MARVEL SUX" thread, this is just me trying to explain a bit why I personally prefer one over the other while still being fans of both approaches.

EDIT: And the Marvel Series are all over the map for me. I love Daredevil but Jessica Jones and Iron Fist can't hold my attention. Luke Cage is pretty good.

Northman
07-22-2017, 03:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_6yBZKj-eo

MasterShake
07-22-2017, 09:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_6yBZKj-eo

I'm really liking The Flash so far. This looks cool.

Hawgdriver
07-22-2017, 09:56 PM
The Flash was my guy when I was a strapless young lad.

Freyaka
07-23-2017, 01:10 PM
"they really just vanished, that's rude" *Vanishes*

Freyaka
07-23-2017, 01:11 PM
The Flash was my guy when I was a strapless young lad.

Obviously we know that I'm a bit of a flash fan.

Northman
07-23-2017, 01:12 PM
Just saw a leak of the new Avengers: Infinity War teaser. Holy shit it looks great.

Freyaka
07-23-2017, 04:22 PM
Just saw a leak of the new Avengers: Infinity War teaser. Holy shit it looks great.

Yea it looks pretty darn good too.

MasterShake
07-24-2017, 10:11 AM

I keep trying to track it down but they keep removing it! Heard the description though, looks good. I just don't get hiding the footage from Comic Con after the fact. I mean I get that the people in Hall H should be the first to see it after waiting in line all day but post it right after. I like how Star Wars handles it now, they just live stream the whole panel and trailer so that they control the content.

Anyway I thought the new Thor trailer looked good, too. That comes out the day after my birthday and Justice League will be a few weeks later on November 17. November and December are looking to be the new tentpole movie months between those movies and Star Wars this year.

Freyaka
07-24-2017, 10:44 AM
You know, the funniest thing about Comic-Con this year, even with all of the trailers and awesome news from all these franchises, the thing I was most excited about? Duck Tales... All they had to do is mention the possibility of Darkwing Duck and I got all giddy.

All the Marvel stuff looks amazing, the DC stuff looks pretty good. It's going to be a great year for entertainment.

MasterShake
07-24-2017, 11:10 AM
You know, the funniest thing about Comic-Con this year, even with all of the trailers and awesome news from all these franchises, the thing I was most excited about? Duck Tales... All they had to do is mention the possibility of Darkwing Duck and I got all giddy.

All the Marvel stuff looks amazing, the DC stuff looks pretty good. It's going to be a great year for entertainment.

I used to love Darkwing Duck. Hopefully all these movies are as awesome as their trailers!

MasterShake
07-24-2017, 12:27 PM
Saw this on Reddit earlier (NSFW) :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrrRWmwL_1A

I want a WonderMan movie now.

Northman
08-24-2017, 05:41 AM
And DC continues to make stupid decisions regarding its comics. No wonder Marvel is destroying them.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/23/the-batman-director-matt-reeves-said-his-film-is-separate-from-the-dceu

MasterShake
08-24-2017, 07:59 AM
And DC continues to make stupid decisions regarding its comics. No wonder Marvel is destroying them.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/23/the-batman-director-matt-reeves-said-his-film-is-separate-from-the-dceu

That was from an older article and it they verified at SDCC that it is a standalone movie within the DCEU but the story will not tie into the main Justice League or other solo films. The interesting thing to me (and in a good way) is that DC is doing Elseworlds Films that deal with one-off comics or stories like the Scorcese produced Joker movie, and I hear they are shopping Red Son which is a really cool alternate Superman universe.

If it DOES turn out to be true and The Batman is just it's own thing with a new actor then that would be pretty dumb. I do like the DCEU with spin-offs idea though, keeps things fresh and not contained with one storyline which is where Marvel gets some hiccups sometimes. I think it's awesome how all the TV shows, Movies, etc. tie into one another but it can also handcuff them to make sure solo stuff fits in with the bigger picture. Either approach works for me as long as they put out quality stuff. It's crazy how much I do not care about Fox's X-Men series anymore outside of the awesome Logan movie. And Sony really needs to stop doing anything Spider-Man related and leave it to the pros at Marvel.

MasterShake
08-24-2017, 06:59 PM
https://twitter.com/mattreevesLA/status/900784577802678272

Poet
08-24-2017, 07:40 PM
Batman is god.

MasterShake
08-24-2017, 07:50 PM
Batman is god.

This plus a cool detective story? Yes please:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyVPh3Usrho

MasterShake
10-08-2017, 11:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9-DM9uBtVI

Final Justice League trailer. Can't wait!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-08-2017, 09:06 PM
I enjoyed Wonder Woman because my wife was able to enjoy it with me. She hasn’t enjoyed Dark Knight or BM vs SM because of the dark nature.

Hawgdriver
10-08-2017, 09:18 PM
I enjoyed Wonder Woman because my wife was able to enjoy it with me. She hasn’t enjoyed Dark Knight or BM vs SM because of the dark nature.

I'll have to watch this. Wife mentioned she wanted to watch it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-08-2017, 09:37 PM
I'll have to watch this. Wife mentioned she wanted to watch it.

It was worth $2. I don’t care if I see it again, but it’s not very often my wife will enjoy a DC movie with me. Overall it had a fairly positive message.

MasterShake
10-09-2017, 11:29 AM
It was worth $2. I don’t care if I see it again, but it’s not very often my wife will enjoy a DC movie with me. Overall it had a fairly positive message.

Looks like DC's plan was to start the series of movies dark then bring all the characters "back to the light". Wonder Woman was the first part of that and Justice League will be a continuation of it. Wonder Woman reminded me a lot of the original Superman movie, it even had callbacks to some scenes in that movie. Very pure super hero movie.

Northman
11-03-2017, 07:36 PM
Word seems to be spreading that "Ragnarok" is the best Marvel movie yet. A friend of mine said it was so good she is going to see it again in theaters.

MasterShake
11-03-2017, 11:41 PM
Word seems to be spreading that "Ragnarok" is the best Marvel movie yet. A friend of mine said it was so good she is going to see it again in theaters.

Saw it tonight. Solid with some good laughs but won't crack my top 3 of Marvel movies. Some really kick-ass visuals and Cate Blanchett was sexy as hell as Hera. Personally I think both Spider-man Homecoming and GOTG Vol 2 > Thor Ragnarok but I can see why many people dig it right now. It will be interesting to see how it holds up on a repeat viewing for me, but for now I'd put it somewhere in the upper middle of the pack of the MCU.

Northman
11-16-2017, 05:33 PM
Critics already destroying Justice League in their reviews. I wonder if this is some of the reason why Affleck is thinking about leaving the Batman character.

Rick
11-16-2017, 05:51 PM
I'll go watch it. I don't expect it to be a top movie of all time or anything but I suspect it will be entertaining, which is about all you can expect really from a superhero movie.

Entertain me without being completely stupid.

MasterShake
11-18-2017, 05:24 PM
Critics already destroying Justice League in their reviews. I wonder if this is some of the reason why Affleck is thinking about leaving the Batman character.

The critic score is about 5.3/10 and the audience score is at 4.3/5 (86%) on rotten tomatoes, and after seeing it today I can see why. This is not a critic-proof movie, but I think it will find favor with general audiences. I had a blast watching it and most of the "rotten" movies are decidedly mixed, unlike the Batman v Superman reviews that were pretty much negative all the way. Lots of laughs, moved briskly, and we finally got to see SUPERMAN BE SUPER!. It makes me want to see the solo films which is the point I guess. I will write my review in the main thread today.

Northman
11-20-2017, 08:54 PM
Wow.... worst opening since Green lantern? Yikes.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/justice-league-box-office-setback-dcs-superhero-universe-1059826

Freyaka
11-20-2017, 09:14 PM
Wow.... worst opening since Green lantern? Yikes.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/justice-league-box-office-setback-dcs-superhero-universe-1059826

Because Rotten Tomatoes torpedoed it. Considering how high the audience rating is, I can't imagine that it's anywhere near as bad as the reviews claim, and it's for sure not Green Lantern bad. But since it got bad reviews, people will skip it.

Northman
11-20-2017, 09:20 PM
Because Rotten Tomatoes torpedoed it. Considering how high the audience rating is, I can't imagine that it's anywhere near as bad as the reviews claim, and it's for sure not Green Lantern bad. But since it got bad reviews, people will skip it.

Hard to say, sometimes people go to movies "just because" and likewise sometimes critics expect "more" out of films than they probably should. Ive heard mixed reviews on JL so far, some really bad, some say its about a 7/10 or so. I think DC's problem is they have been trying to play catch up to Marvel for so long that most of what they put out is just not well thought out or made well. WW was the best one i had seen so far but even it had some problems for me towards the end.

Rick
11-20-2017, 11:22 PM
I liked JL. Wasn't bad at all.

Then again, I didn't mind GL either...

ShaneFalco
11-20-2017, 11:54 PM
losing christian bale as batman was worst mistake ever

ALL OF NOLANS FILMS KILLED

MOtorboat
11-21-2017, 01:04 AM

The story was over. I'm glad they didn't drag out Bale's work as Batman. Those three movies are great and need to be left alone. I went back and watched the first one, which at the time I didn't think was very good, but with the context of having seen the other two, I really appreciated it much more.

Northman
11-21-2017, 05:57 AM

Definitely.

But then im not sure if having Bale as Batman would of saved these other films because of the writing and editing. Out of all of them im still very disappointed with SS because that had the most potential.

MasterShake
11-21-2017, 07:18 AM
Definitely.

But then im not sure if having Bale as Batman would of saved these other films because of the writing and editing. Out of all of them im still very disappointed with SS because that had the most potential.

That was easily the worst of the bunch. Wonder Woman and Justice League were the best overall, but I think Man of Steel is my personal favorite.

Nolan’s films were great, but only The Dark Knight is the one I’d consider an all-timer.

MasterShake
11-21-2017, 07:23 AM
Hard to say, sometimes people go to movies "just because" and likewise sometimes critics expect "more" out of films than they probably should. Ive heard mixed reviews on JL so far, some really bad, some say its about a 7/10 or so. I think DC's problem is they have been trying to play catch up to Marvel for so long that most of what they put out is just not well thought out or made well. WW was the best one i had seen so far but even it had some problems for me towards the end.

I do think DC tried to put the cart before the horse, but they have a chance to get some good solo films out there which seems to be the plan for the next few years.

I think Marvel is going to own 2018 and cap it off with Infinity War, it’s the stuff after that where I think they have some big decisions about the next phase. It can’t go on forever they will have to reboot at some point.

MasterShake
11-21-2017, 02:43 PM

Just reading back through this and had to laugh. You DO remember you made this thread, right North? I was thinking of just changing the name and making it a Comic Book Movie thread, you cool with that?

weazel
11-21-2017, 03:24 PM
The story was over. I'm glad they didn't drag out Bale's work as Batman. Those three movies are great and need to be left alone. I went back and watched the first one, which at the time I didn't think was very good, but with the context of having seen the other two, I really appreciated it much more.

I loved the first one, actually more than the third.

MasterShake
11-21-2017, 03:38 PM
I loved the first one, actually more than the third.

One thing people forget with Batman Begins is that the film "only" made $50 Million dollars it's first weekend. That would be considered a monumental failure at this point and was in direct response to the last Batman film being "Batman & Robin" in 1997. Pretty crazy to think that just a few years after Batman Begins came out Marvel would start their domination and make it "unacceptable" for a comic book flick to only make $100 or less on it's opening weekend!

I liked Batman Begins at the time, but I had no idea how great The Dark Knight would be. I do like the Dark Knight Rises, but 1 and 2 are the best of the series.

MasterShake
11-26-2017, 10:22 AM
Coco took the weekend which is par for the course for a Pixar movie, but in good news for DC Fans Justice League pulled nearly $64 million out of it's butt over the holiday week to bring it back to some form of normalcy. It's drop was only 54% which is MUCH better than what BvS and Suicide Squad had in their second weekends which was over 65%. So at least the movie will have some legs and make a respectable amount, but nowhere near were a Justice League movie should have made. With only Aquaman coming out in 2018 DC has a chance to position themselves to fill the void after Infinity War with some good solo flicks and then make another Justice League if those perform well. I just want at least ONE solo Batman film with Affleck and I would be happy.

Northman
11-26-2017, 10:42 AM
Just reading back through this and had to laugh. You DO remember you made this thread, right North? I was thinking of just changing the name and making it a Comic Book Movie thread, you cool with that?

Fine by me, i didnt even realize i created the thread. lmao

MasterShake
11-26-2017, 10:46 AM
Fine by me, i didnt even realize i created the thread. lmao

Good! Next up I think for Marvel is Black Panther! Really looking forward to that one!

Northman
11-26-2017, 10:57 AM
Good! Next up I think for Marvel is Black Panther! Really looking forward to that one!

Yea, saw the preview for that last night while waiting for Thor. It looks AMAZING.

MasterShake
11-26-2017, 12:47 PM
Yea, saw the preview for that last night while waiting for Thor. It looks AMAZING.

Strangely enough I am looking forward to Shazam and Black Panther more than some other CBM just because they never got a proper big screen movie.

Rick
11-29-2017, 12:31 PM
Just saw the infinity war trailer. Looks pretty good.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/avengers-infinity-war-trailer-is-out-of-this-world/ar-BBFUMgP?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

MasterShake
11-29-2017, 01:19 PM
Just saw the infinity war trailer. Looks pretty good.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/avengers-infinity-war-trailer-is-out-of-this-world/ar-BBFUMgP?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Pretty cool to see what they have been building towards the last decade come together on the big screen, I'm interested in how much action all those characters will get. I hope they focus on the core guys a bit (Captain America, Iron Man, etc.). Thanos looks pretty cool.

Northman
11-29-2017, 06:51 PM
Winter Soldier!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZfuNTqbHE8

Freyaka
11-29-2017, 08:36 PM
Starlord needs to ditch the porn stache. Aside from that, what a freaking amazeballs trailer.

MasterShake
11-30-2017, 08:52 AM
Starlord needs to ditch the porn stache. Aside from that, what a freaking amazeballs trailer.

Watched it again on my TV at home to show my son and Thanos and Spider-man really need to get their CG cleaned up before the movie releases. Same issue most comic book movies are having these days is that there are so many special effects shots and fully CG characters that they have a hard time rendering them properly in time. Really missing Thanos' armor, especially his helmet. Lots of kids gonna be traumatized when they see a giant raisin kill Captain America.

The rest of the stuff looks great so far though!

Rick
12-07-2017, 09:18 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't like the idea of mashing the Guardians of the Galaxies in with the Avengers?

Just watched GoG2 again last night, and I like the movies but it feels like a different line of stories.

It is a heavy comic, heavy entertainment line.

Avengers has always been light humor with a more serious note.

To me it feels like either Avengers will get too much humor (aka latest Thor) or GoG will get far less.

I just think they should have been 2 story lines completely separate and both great in their own ways and it will feel weird and thrown in when they make Infinity.

Tned
12-07-2017, 09:54 AM
Strangely enough I am looking forward to Shazam and Black Panther more than some other CBM just because they never got a proper big screen movie.

Black Panther going to be a series or movie?

MasterShake
12-07-2017, 10:26 AM
Black Panther going to be a series or movie?

A movie. He was introduced in Civil War and now has a standalone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjDjIWPwcPU

MasterShake
12-07-2017, 10:28 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't like the idea of mashing the Guardians of the Galaxies in with the Avengers?

Just watched GoG2 again last night, and I like the movies but it feels like a different line of stories.

To me it feels like either Avengers will get too much humor (aka latest Thor) or GoG will get far less.

I just think they should have been 2 story lines completely separate and both great in their own ways and it will feel weird and thrown in when they make Infinity.

I don't know if any of the characters or tones are going to completely take over the movie to be honest. There are just too many characters for what will probably be a movie that is just shy of 3 hours. I imagine they will focus on Captain America and Iron Man and things like GOTG will be like plot devices.

Freyaka
12-08-2017, 12:32 PM

I trust Marvel to make it work. They've made like what, 3 bad movies since Iron man (Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Avengers Age of Ultron) and even those had salvageable moments. They clearly have a solid vision for how comic book movies should be made.

Let's put it this way, your fear is can GoTG work with Avengers? Before the original Guardians came out, most peoples response would be "You are going to make a movie about a giant tree and a talking squirrel? That sounds idiotic".

I don't mean to be a Marvel homer that claims they can do no wrong, but they know what their doing. I think they'll make it work nicely and I'm excited to see the mass culmination of everything so far.

MasterShake
12-08-2017, 01:03 PM
I trust Marvel to make it work. They've made like what, 3 bad movies since Iron man (Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Avengers Age of Ultron) and even those had salvageable moments. They clearly have a solid vision for how comic book movies should be made.

Let's put it this way, your fear is can GoTG work with Avengers? Before the original Guardians came out, most peoples response would be "You are going to make a movie about a giant tree and a talking squirrel? That sounds idiotic".

I don't mean to be a Marvel homer that claims they can do no wrong, but they know what their doing. I think they'll make it work nicely and I'm excited to see the mass culmination of everything so far.

My fear is that GOTG works best as almost a standalone movie. I was more invested in the First GOTG movie storyline than I was the entirety of Age of Ultron. The teamup movies are hard because you can't get too nuanced with the story or it just collapses under it's own weight. I am glad that they are essentially splitting up Infinity War, but they have A LOT to cram into one movie with so many characters.

MOtorboat
12-08-2017, 01:07 PM
I get so confused. Now the Guardians of the Galaxy are part of Iron Man’s group? I thought Earth was destroyed in that world, or something like that. :whoknows:

MasterShake
12-08-2017, 01:10 PM
I get so confused. Now the Guardians of the Galaxy are part of Iron Man’s group? I thought Earth was destroyed in that world, or something like that. :whoknows:

Mo, what the hell are you talking about? I think you might be referring to Nova Corps home planet which was attacked in the first GOTG? As far as how they come together I bet the Guardians find the wreckage of Thor's ship from the end of Ragnarok and are the one's who get him back to Earth.

MOtorboat
12-08-2017, 01:13 PM
Mo, what the hell are you talking about? I think you might be referring to Nova Corps home planet which was attacked in the first GOTG? As far as how they come together I bet the Guardians find the wreckage of Thor's ship from the end of Ragnarok and are the one's who get him back to Earth.

I don’t think I’ve seen that movie. Couldn’t they just leave Guardians alone? It stood just fine on its own.

MasterShake
12-08-2017, 04:41 PM
I don’t think I’ve seen that movie. Couldn’t they just leave Guardians alone? It stood just fine on its own.

It is the blessing and the curse of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, EVERYTHING has to tie into one another eventually. I think that is why usually the first movies of the series are the best and then the sequels (save for the Captain America movies) that have to tie into the bigger picture suffer a bit because they have to tell a unique story that must also weave into everything else.

FanInAZ
12-15-2017, 10:34 PM

I just saw the trailer last night at the theater. It appears they're going to cram every single superhero in the Marvel Universe into this movie.

MasterShake
12-16-2017, 01:07 PM
I just saw the trailer last night at the theater. It appears they're going to cram every single superhero in the Marvel Universe into this movie.

It has the potential to be an awesomely epic movie or an interesting failure. I'm looking forward to it either way.

Freyaka
12-18-2017, 12:48 PM
It has the potential to be an awesomely epic movie or an interesting failure. I'm looking forward to it either way.

I fear it's going to be the later. The super hero bubble of the last decade has to pop eventually.

Northman
01-30-2018, 10:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=101&v=8_rTIAOohas

MasterShake
01-30-2018, 03:22 PM

Looks good! I really enjoyed the first Ant-Man but for the life of me I can't remember most of the movie. I really liked Michael Peña's character in that movie as his friend, and seeing young Michael Douglas was cool. I only saw it once, but I did like it a lot.

EDIT: Also, Evangeline Lily in leather.

Rick
02-26-2018, 11:43 AM
Don't want to get political, just curious.

My local theater was under going repairs so I didn't get a chance to go see Black Panther.

It has set records so I would just like to know is it that good, or is it simply setting records because of diversity. I can appreciate diversity but when I go to watch a movie...I just want to watch a damn good movie. Is it a damn good movie WITH diversity or is it mainly just because of the diversity?

I don't care about skin color when I go to watch a movie, I loved Avatar and everyone was blue.

Freyaka
02-26-2018, 11:44 AM
I haven't heard any negative things about it, most people I've talked to have said it is a damn good movie. I haven't seen it yet though.

Tned
02-26-2018, 11:52 AM

Is that the WASP? I'm digging the stern look and tight leathers.

Rick
02-26-2018, 11:57 AM
I like the concept of the shrinking building with the pull out handle.

Gives new meaning to the term "mobile home".

MasterShake
02-26-2018, 12:23 PM
Don't want to get political, just curious.

My local theater was under going repairs so I didn't get a chance to go see Black Panther.

It has set records so I would just like to know is it that good, or is it simply setting records because of diversity. I can appreciate diversity but when I go to watch a movie...I just want to watch a damn good movie. Is it a damn good movie WITH diversity or is it mainly just because of the diversity?

I don't care about skin color when I go to watch a movie, I loved Avatar and everyone was blue.

Eh, if you didn't know the whole political angle around the movie you would just see a pretty good Superhero movie with some elements of James Bond, Sci-fi, and a political undercurrent. Black Panther is not so much about Black Pride, but rather being an already proud nation in Wakanda that has all of these wonders that it is hiding from the rest of the world. The crux of the movie is giving power back to those who need it and doing the right thing instead of keeping good things to yourself, not necessarily "Black Power". The most extreme character in the movie is the villain Kill Monger who is a product of being left behind and forgotten.

This movie is similar to Wonder Woman thematically but also in the sense that groups that haven't been represented fully in Comic Book movies (Women and African Americans) kind of took their love and adoration of these movies to the extreme because of their personal reasons and projections which is totally fine. You don't have to embrace the movie from that standpoint and you can still find a well crafted Marvel movie with a tight story and probably the best bad guy story in all of the Marvel Universe so far.

Rick
02-26-2018, 01:12 PM
Sounds like it won't be the end of the world if I just wait for Redbox.

MasterShake
02-26-2018, 01:36 PM
Sounds like it won't be the end of the world if I just wait for Redbox.

Yeah if you are on the fence about a movie there is no reason to rush out and see it in the theater anymore. I was trying to explain to my son that we used to have to wait almost a year sometimes for a movie to come out on VHS. Justice League is already out on Digital and that was just released mid-November, and Star Wars: The Last Jedi will be out at the end of March. I live for theater experiences with some movies, but I have easily skipped movies that I wasn't sure of.

Rick
02-26-2018, 02:09 PM
I probably would have gone to see it in theater if my local theater wasn't closed for renovations.

My other option is 1 1/2 hours each way to see it and I only do that for the "damn good" movies.

Northman
02-26-2018, 06:52 PM
http://collider.com/mcu-timeline-explained/

Phase One:

Iron Man (2008)
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
Iron Man 2 (2010)
Thor (2011)
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
Marvel’s The Avengers (2012)

Phase Two:

Iron Man 3 (2013)
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
Ant-Man (2015)

Phase Three:

Captain America: Civil War (2016)
Doctor Strange (2016)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
Black Panther (2018)
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
Captain Marvel (2019)
Untitled Avengers Film (2019)

Image via Marvel

Future Films:

Untitled Spider-Man: Homecoming Sequel (2019)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3(2020)

Marvel’s TV:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – Season 1 (2013)
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – Season 2 (2014)
Agent Carter – Season 1 (2015)
Daredevil – Season 1 (2015)
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – Season 3 (2015)
Jessica Jones – Season 1 (2015)
Agent Carter – Season 2 (2016)
Daredevil – Season 2 (2016)
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – Season 4 (2016)
Luke Cage – Season 1 (2016)
Iron Fist - Season 1 (2017)
The Defenders – Season 1 (2017)
Inhumans – Season 1 (2017)
The Punisher (TBA – 2017)
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – Season 5 (2018)
Cloak & Dagger - Season 1 (2018)
Daredevil - Season 3 (TBA)
Jessica Jones – Season 2 (TBA)
Luke Cage – Season 2 (TBA)

Rick
02-27-2018, 12:43 AM
Will I get killed for saying I really am just not into Spider-Man?

Any of them...

I find them mildly entertaining but of all the marvel super hero flicks Spidey has always been my least favorite. Just a boring super hero.

Northman
02-27-2018, 04:51 AM
Will I get killed for saying I really am just not into Spider-Man?

Any of them...

I find them mildly entertaining but of all the marvel super hero flicks Spidey has always been my least favorite. Just a boring super hero.

I would of agreed for the most part but the latest one "Homecoming" was the best of them for me. Granted, a good portion of that was Keaton portraying "Vulture" but as far as a Spiderman movie it was pretty good IMO.

MasterShake
02-27-2018, 08:50 AM
I would of agreed for the most part but the latest one "Homecoming" was the best of them for me. Granted, a good portion of that was Keaton portraying "Vulture" but as far as a Spiderman movie it was pretty good IMO.

The first 2 Spidermans with Tobey McGuire and Spider-Man: Homecoming are the best film incarnations of the character easily.

MasterShake
02-27-2018, 08:53 AM
These are my favorite ones from each phase. I keep going back and forth on the new Thor movie which was a great comedy but a weird shift for the series. I'm sure I will love the new Ant-Man and of course Infinity Gauntlet, too:

Phase One:

Iron Man (2008)
Thor (2011)
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
Marvel’s The Avengers (2012)

Phase Two:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
Ant-Man (2015)

Phase Three:

Captain America: Civil War (2016)
Doctor Strange (2016)
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
Black Panther (2018)

Rick
02-27-2018, 09:54 AM
I hated Toby McGuire. Just couldn't stand him.

The homecoming was decent but the superhero itself just bores me. I just can't get into the web crawler.

As for the latest Thor movie, I think GoG ruined Thor in some ways. I feel they forced comedy into Thor as a result of GoG and the coming merge of the characters.

I wish GoG was left on it's own and not included in the Avengers, it was great on it's own but to me will feel forced when merged. Hope I am wrong.

Freyaka
02-27-2018, 10:02 AM

Homecomming was by far the best Spidy movie. The kid playing Parker this time around was perfect.

Freyaka
02-27-2018, 10:04 AM
I hated Toby McGuire. Just couldn't stand him.

The homecoming was decent but the superhero itself just bores me. I just can't get into the web crawler.

As for the latest Thor movie, I think GoG ruined Thor in some ways. I feel they forced comedy into Thor as a result of GoG and the coming merge of the characters.

I wish GoG was left on it's own and not included in the Avengers, it was great on it's own but to me will feel forced when merged. Hope I am wrong.

I loved it. Asgaurdians of the Galaxy (Aka Thor Ragnarok) was amazing. Now, granted, I'm a huge fan of Planet Hulk, it was a great story in the Marvel comics so it was awesome seeing it loosely adapted for Thor.

I hated The Dark World, this was the best of the Thor movies IMO. I felt like the comedy fit perfectly. My wife and I watched it again a few days ago and I genuinely enjoyed it .

Rick
02-27-2018, 10:17 AM
Don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE Thor fan.

He is by far my favorite Marvel character.

However for me, while I liked both movies Thor 1 was better than Thor 3 by a mile.

I preferred the comedy in Thor 1 to the overly used comedy of Thor 3.

MasterShake
02-27-2018, 12:43 PM
I loved it. Asgaurdians of the Galaxy (Aka Thor Ragnarok) was amazing. Now, granted, I'm a huge fan of Planet Hulk, it was a great story in the Marvel comics so it was awesome seeing it loosely adapted for Thor.

I hated The Dark World, this was the best of the Thor movies IMO. I felt like the comedy fit perfectly. My wife and I watched it again a few days ago and I genuinely enjoyed it .

This is how weird comic fans are, one of the biggest things I didn't like about Thor: Ragnarok was that they absolutely did not do Planet Hulk justice (the only real standalone Hulk movie story that would've made any sense) and it was a trivial subplot of the film. Planet Hulk was a great story, the cartoon movie they did was a better representation of what we got. Just my opinion of course I seem to be in the minority with my liking of Batman v Superman and my disliking of the new Thor. :lol:

Buff
02-27-2018, 02:51 PM

I also enjoyed Ass Guardians of the Galaxy. Not as good as Star Whores though.

Freyaka
02-27-2018, 03:18 PM
I also enjoyed Ass Guardians of the Galaxy. Not as good as Star Whores though.

Star Whores VIII: The Assed Jedi

MOtorboat
02-27-2018, 03:52 PM
Buff is gonna burn this mother****** down.

MasterShake
03-16-2018, 09:31 AM
Hoo boy! This looks all kinds of awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwievZ1Tx-8

Rick
03-16-2018, 10:25 AM
Watched Ragnarok again last night.

Again, good movie but man that cheesy freaking comedy. Fits great in GoG, very out of place in Thor.

Rick
03-16-2018, 10:34 AM
Such as in the fight with Hulk...Hey, I know him. he is a friend from work!

WTF? An Asgardian God, freaking Thor, is yelling up that this is a friend from work? How freaking cheesy is that...

MasterShake
03-16-2018, 10:43 AM

WTF? An Asgardian God, freaking Thor, is yelling up that this is a friend from work? How freaking cheesy is that...

Yeah I am still struggling with that flick. I thought the original Thor was a good mix of Shakespearean Tragedy and Fish-out-of-water humor, and Thor: The Dark World was kind of a mess but watchable at least once.

Visually I thought Thor: Ragnarok was one of the best looking Marvel flicks. It was an easy watch and watching it again made me appreciate some things more but the tonal shift is just so... jarring. Plus Planet Hulk was one of the BEST Hulk storylines in the comic and it was used as a sub-story here with no payoff. As a comedy I really enjoy it, but as a superhero film it only really comes together at the end.

Gotta love Thor kicking ass to the Immigrant Song, though. I just wanted a bit of levity when Asgard was destroyed or when Odin died. Hell, even the Warriors Three didn't get a proper sendoff.

Northman
03-16-2018, 10:50 AM

I thought that bit was great. Same with Loki stating he needed to get off the planet. Shit makes me laugh every time.

Rick
03-16-2018, 10:52 AM
The comedy will be in the next Avengers as well because they have to have GoG in it, and that is fine, but they need to be more strategic about it. Not force it on characters that you could never imagine saying it.

I could never see a God like Thor yelling up that this is a friend from work. he just wouldn't say that!

However I could see Starlord saying that plan of yours, it's good except...it sucks. THAT FITS. Not Jarring! You can have the characters talking like that in the movie that you would expect to and not have it stand out and still let characters that WOULD NOT talk like that use their typical speech. It's OK!.

Ugh.

Rick
03-16-2018, 10:53 AM
I thought that bit was great. Same with Loki stating he needed to get off the planet. Shit makes me laugh every time.

I can actually SEE Loki saying that though, but I can never see a somewhat serene God like Thor, hero to the people, naïve to the ways of the humans in Thor 1, yelling hey this is a friend from work!

Northman
03-16-2018, 10:55 AM
I think Thors persona has grown since the first one. I don't know to me the humor fits and works perfectly for me.

Northman
03-16-2018, 10:59 AM
The context to which Thor says that about the Hulk makes a lot of sense because he had just lost his father found out he had a sister they can virtually wipe out everything and he was looking for allies in any way possible and of course the Hulk shows up. The fact that they still fought made sense as well because they had this ongoing rival Feud about who was the strongest so to me when Hulk says Hulk like fire Thor like water it's funny as s*** I like it.

Poet
03-16-2018, 11:03 AM
The context to which Thor says that about the Hulk makes a lot of sense because he had just lost his father found out he had a sister they can virtually wipe out everything and he was looking for allies in any way possible and of course the Hulk shows up. The fact that they still fought made sense as well because they had this ongoing rival Feud about who was the strongest so to me when Hulk says Hulk like fire Thor like water it's funny as s*** I like it.

In some of the comics they have fought for fun. Granted in the comics just about everything has happened, because...well...comics!

Freyaka
03-16-2018, 11:06 AM

It's perfect, one of the best lines of the film, I died laughing the first time I heard it...I don't get you guy's complaints here...

Marvel movies have ALWAYS been packed full of humor, Steve Rodgers "oh! I know that reference!" Or in Avengers when speaking of Loki "He's adopted". Or how about the hilariously awesome avengers moment where Hulk beats Loki senseless while saying "puny God" (which by the way, led to a freaking hilarious moment in Ragnarok when Loki sees Hulk again) My favorite is Thor walking into a pet store "I need a horse" and then clerk indicating they only have cats, dogs and rodents and Thor's response is "Give me one of those big enough to ride!" And of course, how can we forget the Steve Rodgers "language" running gag?

Ya'll act like there was never any humor in the previous movies at all, yes it's ramped up more, but it has always been there. Honestly, there wasn't a single second of ragnarok I didn't find thoroughly enjoyable. It actually baffles me that people have a problem with it...

Freyaka
03-16-2018, 11:09 AM

Exactly, the guys in a very strange new place, getting forced into combat, he's down on his luck and doesn't know anyone and all the sudden, hey wait, who is that? OH! It's someone I know! Hey! I know this guy! It makes sense that he's ecstatic to see Hulk, now he doesn't have to fight after all, it's a big misunderstanding, they go WAAAAY back! He's a friend from work...

I don't get the gripe here....

Rick
03-16-2018, 11:10 AM
It's not about the humor, its about the particular lines.

The naïve God that walked into a human pet store thinking he could buy a mount, which traveling by mount is very common where he is from, is now yelling Hulk is a friend from work?

I like the humor in Thor, I do not like the humor from lines I could never see him saying.

Freyaka
03-16-2018, 11:12 AM
The biggest thing I'll point out about Thor, from square one he's been silly and naive. Thunder God or not, he has ALWAYS been awkward in any culture that isn't Asgard. That was a hilarious moment of social awkwardness that absolutely fits with everything that has come before it. They do work together, of course that's how he's going to relate to Banner.

Rick
03-16-2018, 11:21 AM
Well best thing is we all have the right to our own opinions :)

My opinion is the only right one, of course, that goes without saying, but we all have the right to our own! :)

Freyaka
03-16-2018, 11:26 AM
Hoo boy! This looks all kinds of awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwievZ1Tx-8

Holy mother forking shirtballs. I've got literal goosebumps right now. I can't wait for this freaking movie!

Rick
03-16-2018, 11:28 AM
I should probably make a point to watch Black Panther before this comes out...

Freyaka
03-16-2018, 11:30 AM
I should probably make a point to watch Black Panther before this comes out...

Same. It's pretty obviously it is going to very heavily tie in. I wanted to watch it anyway, but I need to get on that.

Freyaka
03-16-2018, 11:36 AM
Like, basically, I wasted my entire lunch break just re-watching this trailing. This movie looks amazeballs.

MOtorboat
03-16-2018, 11:42 AM
So Black Panther is an Avenger? Is that the Iron Man one?

Rick
03-16-2018, 11:51 AM
Black Panther was first introduced in Avengers Civil War.

MasterShake
03-16-2018, 12:13 PM
It's perfect, one of the best lines of the film, I died laughing the first time I heard it...I don't get you guy's complaints here...

Marvel movies have ALWAYS been packed full of humor, Steve Rodgers "oh! I know that reference!" Or in Avengers when speaking of Loki "He's adopted". Or how about the hilariously awesome avengers moment where Hulk beats Loki senseless while saying "puny God" (which by the way, led to a freaking hilarious moment in Ragnarok when Loki sees Hulk again) My favorite is Thor walking into a pet store "I need a horse" and then clerk indicating they only have cats, dogs and rodents and Thor's response is "Give me one of those big enough to ride!" And of course, how can we forget the Steve Rodgers "language" running gag?

Ya'll act like there was never any humor in the previous movies at all, yes it's ramped up more, but it has always been there. Honestly, there wasn't a single second of ragnarok I didn't find thoroughly enjoyable. It actually baffles me that people have a problem with it...

Well I think Rick and I are coming from different angles. My issue is more of viewing the Thor movies and their particular tone. Of course there has always been humor in Marvel, from the quip a minute Iron Man to the examples you pointed out. My thing with Ragnarok is that it wasn't s Superhero movie with comedic moments, it was a full on comedy with Superhero moments. Don't get me wrong I liked the movie, but I just wasn't expecting such a new direction for Thor. Especially in a movie about Ragnarok. In my original review I even admitted that once I accepted what it was I enjoyed it a lot more.

Rick
03-16-2018, 12:18 PM
I can see where you are coming from as well Shake.

It is Ragnarok, the end of the world basically, and it was a comedy.

Northman
03-16-2018, 12:47 PM
Good grief.....

Rick
03-16-2018, 01:08 PM
Re-watching Civil war right now, been awhile since I watched this last. Right after it came out I think.

Rick
03-16-2018, 02:04 PM
As I am watching this again, I remember why I have only watched it once...just not that fond of it.

Only Marvel movie I dislike more than this one is Homecoming. Neither this one nor Homecoming is bad...they are just boring compared to all of the other marvel ones for me.

Freyaka
03-16-2018, 02:47 PM
As I am watching this again, I remember why I have only watched it once...just not that fond of it.

Only Marvel movie I dislike more than this one is Homecoming. Neither this one nor Homecoming is bad...they are just boring compared to all of the other marvel ones for me.

About the only part of Civil War I really liked was the fight between Iron Man, Cap and Winter Soldier. That was a pretty bad ass fight.

MasterShake
03-16-2018, 02:56 PM
About the only part of Civil War I really liked was the fight between Iron Man, Cap and Winter Soldier. That was a pretty bad ass fight.

I really liked Bucky in that movie.

Freyaka
03-16-2018, 04:27 PM
I really liked Bucky in that movie.

I like Bucky as a character, but Rick's right, it was just unexciting overall.

Northman
03-16-2018, 05:57 PM
Man, it must take a lot for you guys to get excited. The only Marvel movies i can think of that were not that entertaining for me were Iron Man 3, Dr. Strange, and Thor: Dark World.

Poet
03-16-2018, 06:03 PM
Man, it must take a lot for you guys to get excited. The only Marvel movies i can think of that were not that entertaining for me were Iron Man 3, Dr. Strange, and Thor: Dark World.

I didn't like Iron Man 3. I haven't seen Civil War yet - mostly because I didn't like the story in the comics. So, the movie is probably fine, but it's just not for me.

MOtorboat
03-16-2018, 06:07 PM

I generally am entertained by these movies for two hours, but I can't keep the characters straight and who belongs where and why or how they got there, and all that sort of stuff.

Northman
03-16-2018, 06:10 PM
I didn't like Iron Man 3. I haven't seen Civil War yet - mostly because I didn't like the story in the comics. So, the movie is probably fine, but it's just not for me.

Civil War was really good but then i love Winter Soldier so that helps. Lol

Have yet to see Black Panther though.

Rick
03-16-2018, 06:28 PM
I loved Dr. Strange. To each their own I guess lol

Rick
03-16-2018, 06:29 PM
Looks like infinity comes out end of April.

Unless by some miracle Black panther comes to DVD before then won't be seeing it in time.

aberdien
03-16-2018, 07:11 PM

MasterShake
03-17-2018, 06:10 PM

I wonder how the hell they are going to do it, but I thought they did a good job with both The Avengers movies and Civil War handling multiple characters on screen but it will definitely be interesting to see HOW they do it!

MOtorboat
03-17-2018, 06:23 PM
I wonder how the hell they are going to do it, but I thought they did a good job with both The Avengers movies and Civil War handling multiple characters on screen but it will definitely be interesting to see HOW they do it!

THIS IS WHY I GET CONFUSED!

:yo:

Valar Morghulis
03-18-2018, 01:13 AM
THIS IS WHY I GET CONFUSED!

:yo:

No, you get confused because you are stupid.

MOtorboat
03-18-2018, 01:20 AM
No, you get confused because you are stupid.

Holy shit.

Poet
03-18-2018, 01:36 AM
Val's posts are pure cocaine.

MOtorboat
03-18-2018, 01:37 AM
Val's posts are pure cocaine.

Pure Hunter S. Thompson.

Valar Morghulis
03-18-2018, 02:17 AM
Pure Hunter S. Thompson.

This is the nicest thing you (or anyone perhaps) ever said to me

MOtorboat
03-18-2018, 02:28 AM

Don't call me stupid you dumb German.

Poet
03-18-2018, 10:26 AM
I'm thinking about rewatching some of these tonight.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-27-2018, 10:29 PM

Don’t get too excited. He’s inferring a sober Thompson.

aberdien
04-15-2018, 11:48 AM
https://scontent.fict1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/30708096_10156070878933197_4992768442147799040_n.j pg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeFgy2dKiYZVPBDp_Yg21Xqjvnq0U_imn4e7 vYAslGd0ezMpcCdVyc2rH5dfR7jSzp_mXSzFr4RgWHVrS6oMVG VcLbFQVvjX7ZACs491qf3Q-A&oh=521ef1383a7bc6bc10b36c1c6423361d&oe=5B56B8DE

Freyaka
04-15-2018, 03:35 PM
https://scontent.fict1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/30708096_10156070878933197_4992768442147799040_n.j pg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeFgy2dKiYZVPBDp_Yg21Xqjvnq0U_imn4e7 vYAslGd0ezMpcCdVyc2rH5dfR7jSzp_mXSzFr4RgWHVrS6oMVG VcLbFQVvjX7ZACs491qf3Q-A&oh=521ef1383a7bc6bc10b36c1c6423361d&oe=5B56B8DE

I would watch the crap out of that. Though, Black Panther needs to be Wesley Snipes.

MasterShake
04-15-2018, 09:34 PM
I would watch the crap out of that. Though, Black Panther needs to be Wesley Snipes.

Yeah, they absolutely nailed that casting. Snipes could be Killmonger, too though! EDIT: Though Nick Fury should still be Sam Jackson. They literally altered the character in the comics to be him and he was definitely popular in the 90's already with Pulp Fiction and Die Hard under his belt.

Rick
04-16-2018, 09:28 AM
Not sure about Silverstone as an Avenger...but I will take her anyway... Always had a mad crush on that one.

Freyaka
04-18-2018, 08:42 AM
Not sure about Silverstone as an Avenger...but I will take her anyway... Always had a mad crush on that one.

Well she pulled off Batgirl in that one movie where everyone other than her had nipples on their suit :D I can't remember what movie that was though, because I'd never call that a Batman movie.

Rick
04-18-2018, 09:17 AM
Forgot about that one, Batman and Robin.

MasterShake
04-18-2018, 09:19 AM

That movie nearly killed the Batman franchise in 1997. Hard to believe we didn't see another Batman movie until 2005 with Batman Begins.

Freyaka
04-18-2018, 09:20 AM

No...you are missing the point, I know the name of the movie, you just can't call that abomination a batman movie :D

Northman
04-19-2018, 05:19 PM
Lmao, Deadpool totally takes a shit on DC in the trailer. So damn funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9teNKmm9R3k