PDA

View Full Version : Montee Ball, former Broncos running back, gets 60 days in jail for two domestic violence incidents

Denver Native (Carol)
08-05-2016, 03:20 PM
Troubled running back Montee Ball’s penalty for a pair of domestic violence incidents: A whopping 60 days in jail.

On Friday, according to TMZ, Ball was slapped with two 30-day jail sentences as punishment for for a pair of incidents: In February, shortly before the Super Bowl, the ex-Broncos running back allegedly hurled his then-girlfriend through a table in a hotel, and one month later, he was involved in an incident with another woman.

But Ball, 25, reportedly cut a plea deal with prosecutors, pleading guilty to two counts of disorderly conduct and one count of battery to draw his jail sentence. He will also serve 18 months of probation. His jail sentence reportedly permits work-release privileges, so he can work during the day although he must return to jail at night.

rest - http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/ex-bronco-montee-ball-60-days-jail-domestic-violence-article-1.2739805

tomjonesrocks
08-05-2016, 03:33 PM
Utterly and completely washed up personally and professionally by 25. Nice work Montee.

TXBRONC
08-05-2016, 03:46 PM
rest - http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/ex-bronco-montee-ball-60-days-jail-domestic-violence-article-1.2739805

Hopefully he gets his life back on track. At 25 he still has time to get back on track no matter what some people might think.

OrangeHoof
08-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Tre Mason, phone home.

Dapper Dan
08-05-2016, 04:03 PM
He may need to receive a talk from Brandon Marshall (the WR).

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-05-2016, 04:57 PM
I've wondered if he has suffered from head trauma.

BroncoWave
08-05-2016, 05:49 PM
Cases like this are why I think people grossly overuse the term "bust". THIS guy is a bust in every sense of the word. Much more so than someone who simply didn't live up to their draft pick.

sneakers
08-05-2016, 06:03 PM
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I was just goign to make the thread

local Madison article http://www.channel3000.com/sports/former-nfl-rb-ball-sentenced-to-jail/41072478

sneakers
08-05-2016, 06:05 PM
Cases like this are why I think people grossly overuse the term "bust". THIS guy is a bust in every sense of the word. Much more so than someone who simply didn't live up to their draft pick.

It was that fumble at the goal line that created the downward spiral for him

Valar Morghulis
08-05-2016, 06:08 PM
I wish all domestic violence cases attracted at jail term.

OrangeHoof
08-06-2016, 12:55 AM
I've wondered if he has suffered from head trauma.

It clearly started when he got the crap beat out of him off the field before his senior season at Wisconsin. He was clearly alright enough to keep playing and convince the Broncos he was healthy enough to compete but it may be that one well-placed crack to the head sent his life spinning out of control. I don't hate the guy. I was rooting for him. By all accounts, he was a high-character guy at Wisconsin before his altercation where he was repeatedly kicked in the head and beaten after he had fallen to the ground on a sidewalk away from campus.

SoCalImport
08-06-2016, 03:38 PM
winner

Poet
08-06-2016, 04:22 PM
Hopefully he gets his life back on track. At 25 he still has time to get back on track no matter what some people might think.

People can change and get help. Maybe his NFL days are over, but he might be able to play professional football elsewhere. Maybe his professional football days are over, but he can fix his life as well.

Dapper Dan
08-06-2016, 04:47 PM
People can change and get help. Maybe his NFL days are over, but he might be able to play professional football elsewhere. Maybe his professional football days are over, but he can fix his life as well.

I'm sure that's the biggest struggle for athletes. You're identity from the time you were a kid has been as a football player. From middle school, to high school, to college, and sometimes the pros. I think a lot of these players have a hard to finding out who they when they're no longer the football player.

tomjonesrocks
11-03-2016, 02:44 PM
Apparently I missed this! My favorite Broncos RB apparently is going to do a lot more time, and he's not even out of jail yet.

EX-NFL RB MONTEE BALL PLEADS GUILTY IN WISCONSIN BAR INCIDENT

Ex-NFL running back Montee Ball has plead guilty to charges stemming from an April incident in which he got boozed up at a Wisconsin bar and then resisted arrest when cops tried to take him into custody. Remember, Ball was out on bail back in April from his domestic violence case (he attacked an ex-GF in 2014) and one of the terms was to NOT booze or be in a place where they serve booze.

When cops found him at the 841 Brewhouse bar on April 9th -- they tried to take him into custody and he resisted. Now, we've learned Ball struck a deal with prosecutors in which he plead guilty to 2 counts of "bail jumping" and one count of resisting arrest ... all misdemeanors. So, what does it mean for Ball? He could face up to 9 months in jail for each count -- sentencing is scheduled for December.

By the way, 25-year-old Ball -- the Broncos 2nd round pick in 2013 -- is still in custody in Wisconsin after being convicted in TWO domestic violence cases.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/10/24/montee-ball-pleads-guilty-in-wisconsin-bar-incident/

Lynch12
11-03-2016, 02:50 PM
Wow dude, was he an elway pick? In the 2nd round? Some of these guys just flame out of the league and lose there minds! The girl probably insulted him as a football player and he couldn't take it, she told him if he had hit the hole the way you hit me you'd still be in the league and ball lost his head after that. Smh what a shame. Now he has to go to jail and get his hole hit.

Tned
11-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Wow dude, was he an elway pick? In the 2nd round? Some of these guys just flame out of the league and lose there minds! The girl probably insulted him as a football player and he couldn't take it, she told him if he had hit the hole the way you hit me you'd still be in the league and ball lost his head after that. Smh what a shame. Now he has to go to jail and get his hole hit.

Yea, and since Lynch was projected as a second rounder, there is a school of thought that thing he will be Elway's next "second round talent" that will flame out.

Lynch12
11-03-2016, 03:00 PM
What?

Lynch was ALWAYS projected to be a 1st round pick by legitimate scouts and experts, a few teams were talking of trading up to get him when elway made his move for Paxton, in time it will prove to be the right move because Paxton is a franchise quarterback whether you like it or not. It's funny how much of a Trevor fanboy you are that you come out of nowhere to bash Paxton over your butt buddy trevor when nobody is even talking about Trevor or Paxton.

Get a grip, you are a mod, or administrator and your one of the biggest trolls ive seen since being here. What the hell is your deal? Anybody who doesn't see Trevor as greatness you troll?

Tned
11-03-2016, 03:07 PM
What?

Lynch was ALWAYS projected to be a 1st round pick by legitimate scouts and experts, a few teams were talking of trading up to get him when elway made his move for Paxton, in time it will prove to be the right move because Paxton is a franchise quarterback whether you like it or not. It's funny how much of a Trevor fanboy you are that you come out of nowhere to bash Paxton over your butt buddy trevor when nobody is even talking about Trevor or Paxton.

Get a grip, you are a mod, or administrator and your one of the biggest trolls ive seen since being here. What the hell is your deal? Anybody who doesn't see Trevor as greatness you troll?

The book on him was that he was a physical specimen that might develop into an NFL QB in 2-3 years, that was a second to third round talent, that might get pushed into the first because there were so many teams desperate for a QB.

Anyway, back to the thread topic and you making jokes about a story about a woman being the victim of domestic abuse.

Hawgdriver
11-03-2016, 04:46 PM

Stay classy, 12.

Lynch12
11-04-2016, 12:08 AM
Justice has been served,

Tangerine
11-05-2016, 09:57 AM
What's with ex Bronco RBs going to Jail?

capt. Jack
11-05-2016, 10:42 AM
I really thought that this guy was going to be the real deal. I am disappointed that he didn't work out.

Tned
11-05-2016, 01:28 PM
I really thought that this guy was going to be the real deal. I am disappointed that he didn't work out.

I was hoping for better. Seemed like he had a nose for the endzone in college and hoped that would translate.

capt. Jack
11-05-2016, 01:36 PM
I watched him play when he was at Wisconsin and I thought he was the next TD.

Hawgdriver
11-05-2016, 02:29 PM
Dude has issues and I hope he gets the help he needs.

Simple Jaded
11-06-2016, 03:06 AM
Elway should punt in the 2nd round, or trade it for Joe Thomas.

NightTerror218
11-07-2016, 06:10 PM
The book on him was that he was a physical specimen that might develop into an NFL QB in 2-3 years, that was a second to third round talent, that might get pushed into the first because there were so many teams desperate for a QB.

Anyway, back to the thread topic and you making jokes about a story about a woman being the victim of domestic abuse.

Nobody had lynch making it out of the first round. Projection wise he was a 1st rounder even if that was because of talent drop off from top 2.

Lynch12
11-08-2016, 12:53 PM
Nobody had lynch making it out of the first round. Projection wise he was a 1st rounder even if that was because of talent drop off from top 2.

Dude will say and make up anyteto defend trevor, there was never a time when Paxton was going into the draft where he was projected to be a 2nd to 3rd round pick. Paxton was even up as high as the top 10 talks leading into the draft. Dudes raw talent and his pro day throwing into all that hard wind set his stock on fire.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-08-2016, 04:26 PM
Dude will say and make up anyteto defend trevor, there was never a time when Paxton was going into the draft where he was projected to be a 2nd to 3rd round pick. Paxton was even up as high as the top 10 talks leading into the draft. Dudes raw talent and his pro day throwing into all that hard wind set his stock on fire.

I don't care if he was drafted number one overall. It doesn't change the fact he's not ready. What good does it do for him to run around like a chicken with its head cut off? He needs time to learn with a clipboard in his hand

Simple Jaded
11-08-2016, 10:26 PM

This isn't entirely true, there was a time early on that I thought Denver had a chance at Lynch and Wentz based off tea leaves. Clearly Lynch wouldn't have came out early if he got a low projection for the Advisory Board and Lynch was being mentioned in the Top 10 after Combine and Pro Day, but from everything I read he was borderline at one point.

And, it's also thoroughly obvious that he was borderline when the Broncos were able to draft him at the back end of the 1st round.

Lynch12
11-09-2016, 08:44 AM
I don't care if he was drafted number one overall. It doesn't change the fact he's not ready. What good does it do for him to run around like a chicken with its head cut off? He needs time to learn with a clipboard in his hand

I disagree, you have veterans who learned how to play under pressure by being in the fire, so why not Paxton? Should the colts sit luck untill they get a competitive offensive line?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-09-2016, 10:08 AM
I disagree, you have veterans who learned how to play under pressure by being in the fire, so why not Paxton? Should the colts sit luck untill they get a competitive offensive line?

Luck was much more ready for the pro game than Lynch is.

BroncoJoe
11-09-2016, 12:26 PM
LOL. Comparing Lynch to Luck.

I hope Lynch is a fantastic player, and our future QB, but he is simply not quite ready yet. Key word: Yet.

Lynch12
11-09-2016, 03:23 PM
Luck was much more ready for the pro game than Lynch is.

Maybe so, but there offensive line sucks, the poster said why insert him and have him running around crazy playing under pressure. Luck being more advanced has nothing to do with it, didnt luck throw a gang of ints hjs rookie year? And probably the year after as well if my memory serves me well but yet he's just fine right? Paxton should be playing after next week when Trevor stinks it up again and we lose.

Hawgdriver
11-09-2016, 03:57 PM
wait, what's this thread about again?

Lynch12
11-09-2016, 04:14 PM
It was about montee ball until the website's administrator turned it into lynch and trevor, I turned it into luck and there you have it.

Timmy!
11-09-2016, 05:58 PM
Yash, tell us a story about the bible.