PDA

View Full Version : Broncos hire Conor McGahey as PA announcer. So what about the “IN-COM-PLETE” chant?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-04-2016, 09:14 PM
The Broncos on Thursday hired Colorado-native Conor McGahey as public address announcer for the team’s home games at Mile High. McGahey replaces Alan Roach, who left in July after 16 years to call Minnesota Vikings games.

But one question already flooded him over and over: Will McGahey continue the “IN-COM-PLETE” chant started by Alan Cass?

“The answer is yes. It is here to stay,” McGahey said. “I would be shot on site if I didn’t do it. All of sudden Conor is not around anymore.”

McGahey has been the voice of Colorado Buffaloes games since 2007, and he also works with Altitude Sports on Avalanche and Rapids broadcasts. His first game with the Buffs was memorable one. When Cass — who for years called CU games on Saturdays and Broncos games on Sundays — fell ill with the West Nile virus in 2007, McGahey got a call to sub in. That game ended when Kevin Eberhart kicked a game-winning field goal as time ran out to upset No. 3 Oklahoma.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/04/conor-mcgahey-new-denver-broncos-public-address-announcer/

G_Money
08-05-2016, 11:46 AM
The language nerd in me recoils.

“I would be shot on site if I didn’t do it."

Dear Denver Post: it's SHOT ON SIGHT you flarging... ARRRGH. He's not being shot on location (though he might very well be killed in the booth if he stopped doing it), he's being shot the first time he's seen by any Broncos fan.

You went to SCHOOL. You get PAID for this. I am a FAN on a forum and can butcher the English language with CAPITALIZATION and misuse however I please but I need you guys to actually stand as some bastion of the written word, please.

Do better. :mad:

Also, of course the chant will stand. Glad that's out of the way.

Buff
08-05-2016, 11:57 AM
The language nerd in me recoils.

Dear Denver Post: it's SHOT ON SIGHT you flarging... ARRRGH. He's not being shot on location (though he might very well be killed in the booth if he stopped doing it), he's being shot the first time he's seen by any Broncos fan.

You went to SCHOOL. You get PAID for this. I am a FAN on a forum and can butcher the English language with CAPITALIZATION and misuse however I please but I need you guys to actually stand as some bastion of the written word, please.

Do better. :mad:

Also, of course the chant will stand. Glad that's out of the way.

Hey G, hope you're doing great!

Since my only purpose on this site seems to be dissenting every view imaginable - I will say as a former underpaid journalist - there was nothing that annoyed me more than the feigned outrage towards these underpaid, overworked, underappreciated professionals.

Frankly, part of why I got out of journalism (aside from the crappy pay and the industry in constant flux) was because I got tired of being critiqued day and night on trivial items.

Perhaps that editor had just poured over his 11,000th word of the day and that one slipped by. But I'm sure YOU never make ANY mistakes, so youre gripe is probably justified. :D

Now, as you were...

Slick
08-05-2016, 11:57 AM
Get 'em G!

LawDog
08-05-2016, 02:10 PM
Hey G, hope you're doing great!

Since my only purpose on this site seems to be dissenting every view imaginable - I will say as a former underpaid journalist - there was nothing that annoyed me more than the feigned outrage towards these underpaid, overworked, underappreciated professionals.

Frankly, part of why I got out of journalism (aside from the crappy pay and the industry in constant flux) was because I got tired of being critiqued day and night on trivial items.

Perhaps that editor had just poured over his 11,000th word of the day and that one slipped by. But I'm sure YOU never make ANY mistakes, so youre gripe is probably justified. :D

Now, as you were...

*you're

Buff
08-05-2016, 02:14 PM
*you're

What an uneducated loser!

BroncoJoe
08-05-2016, 03:52 PM
Buff was a journalist before?

This explains A LOT.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-07-2016, 08:41 PM
Fight, fight, fight!!!

dogfish
08-07-2016, 10:04 PM
*you're

*your*

:welcome:

TXBRONC
08-08-2016, 05:15 PM
*your*

:welcome:

Lawdog contracted the word properly. Wrong usage but that's still on Buffy. :D

dogfish
08-08-2016, 08:30 PM
Lawdog contracted the word properly. Wrong usage but that's still on Buffy. :D

well, if he's going to correct buff, it's on him to realize that the contraction isn't called for there. . .

:D

TXBRONC
08-10-2016, 02:10 PM
well, if he's going to correct buff, it's on him to realize that the contraction isn't called for there. . .

:D

Buffy was journalist nerd.