PDA

View Full Version : Nate Lundy, Shawn Drotar Launch 5280 Sports Network

Denver Native (Carol)
07-30-2016, 07:53 PM
DENVER sports media veterans NATE LUNDY and SHAWN DROTAR have launched 5280 SPORTS NETWORK, a podcast and video service focusing on pro and college sports with a DENVER perspective.

LUNDY, the former PD and morning host at Sports KKFN (104.3 THE FAN)/DENVER, and DROTAR, the former FAN host, both left THE FAN in 2015; they are co-hosting a podcast for the new venture, and the site is also featuring clips from LUNDY's "NATE AND THE NOISE" daily show on YAHOO! SPORTS RADIO (to become SB NATION RADIO on MONDAY). Fellow DENVER sports radio vet VIC LOMBARDI is hosting "VIC TV," a video series, and LUNDY and DROTAR are hosting videos from BRONCOS training camp.

See and hear the new venture at 5280sportsnetwork.com. The site went live TODAY (7/27) at noon (MT).
- See more at: http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/156012/nate-lundy-shawn-drotar-launch-5280-sports-network#sthash.DblMcLyU.dpuf

Here is Vic Lombardi's site on 5280 - http://www.5280sportsnetwork.com/author/vic-lombardi/

MasterShake
07-31-2016, 09:49 PM
I couldn't stand Nate Lundy when he did the morning show. He always did this fake sounding outrage schtick and tried to be a contrarian constantly. This is worth it just for Vic Lombardi, though.

Simple Jaded
07-31-2016, 10:29 PM
I couldn't stand Nate Lundy when he did the morning show. He always did this fake sounding outrage schtick and tried to be a contrarian constantly. This is worth it just for Vic Lombardi, though.

Everybody hated Lundy, that was his role, you could tell because of the reaction he had with text line.

MasterShake
07-31-2016, 10:46 PM
Everybody hated Lundy, that was his role, you could tell because of the reaction he had with text line.

Well if the point was to get me to listen it backfired. I tuned out until he was fired. The Fan is a boy of a mess right now. I knows wish Sandy Clough would have stayed away to be honest.

dogfish
08-01-2016, 12:20 AM
Sandy Clough would have stayed away to be honest.

me too, but probably for different reasons. . . between 104.3 and altitude, tyler polumbus is about the only decent personality either of them has. . .

Simple Jaded
08-01-2016, 02:05 AM
I like have Clough around, I've been listening to that ******* for decades.

Nate and Nalen and the best, imo.

MasterShake
08-01-2016, 10:06 AM

The only time I like Clough is in his post-game show. His regular show is a grind for me.

GEM
08-01-2016, 10:28 AM
Just found out Clough is back....oh effing joy. :rolleyes: Can't stand that condescending douchebag.

MasterShake
08-01-2016, 10:39 AM
Just found out Clough is back....oh effing joy. :rolleyes: Can't stand that condescending douchebag.

He made me appreciate Cecil Lammey. I didn't think that was possible!

Seriously though, I kind of like Cecil. Too bad he lost his show to Clough. Did they ever explain why Sandy was out so long? I'm just assuming he had a hissy fit after they got rid of Scott Hastings. He openly criticized the move on the radio. Was he sick?

GEM
08-01-2016, 12:02 PM
He made me appreciate Cecil Lammey. I didn't think that was possible!

Seriously though, I kind of like Cecil. Too bad he lost his show to Clough. Did they ever explain why Sandy was out so long? I'm just assuming he had a hissy fit after they got rid of Scott Hastings. He openly criticized the move on the radio. Was he sick?

From what I read it was money. Contract negotiations.

MasterShake
08-01-2016, 12:55 PM
From what I read it was money. Contract negotiations.

Well I'm with you on this either way. I can't stand Sandy's cocky and condescending attitude. He just talks over people and hangs up on them if he doesn't agree. Being in Denver since the 70's doesn't make you the be all end all on Broncos talk.

TXBRONC
08-01-2016, 01:35 PM
The only time I like Clough is in his post-game show. His regular show is a grind for me.

No wonder you're so jaded. :D

TXBRONC
08-01-2016, 01:39 PM

#douchebaglivesmatter

MOtorboat
08-01-2016, 03:06 PM

I like Clough.

Simple Jaded
08-01-2016, 09:33 PM
I can't stand Sandy's cocky and condescending attitude.

This is exactly why I can't suffer Lammey for very long, he treats his co-hosts like this too.

Buff
08-01-2016, 11:48 PM
I want to like Lundy because he's sort of got a condescending, antagonistic shtick going, and I can appreciate that - but you get the feeling listening to him that he's just being earnest about it and can't help the fact that he's a raging d-bag. He's insufferable.

I've given up on local sports talk radio all together. Just not interested anymore.

Buff
08-01-2016, 11:56 PM

Kreckman is/was the best.

Nalen was cool because he didn't give a shit - but after a while that got annoying because he was basically dead weight that Nate had to carry.

Clough is great for all the reasons people seem to dislike him. He's jaded and cynical and doesn't have time for all the idiot callers. Nor would I. I appreciate that about him. But it is annoying to be on the opposite side of an issue as him. Like 10+ years ago when I used to call in - he yelled at me over Brandon Marshall one day. I'm pretty sure in retrospect I was right - he was trying to defend Marshall acting petulant in camp because he'd been mistreated or something. But he probably had a point about McDaniels being a turd too.

MasterShake
08-02-2016, 07:49 AM
Kreckman is/was the best.

Nalen was cool because he didn't give a shit - but after a while that got annoying because he was basically dead weight that Nate had to carry.

Clough is great for all the reasons people seem to dislike him. He's jaded and cynical and doesn't have time for all the idiot callers. Nor would I. I appreciate that about him. But it is annoying to be on the opposite side of an issue as him. Like 10+ years ago when I used to call in - he yelled at me over Brandon Marshall one day. I'm pretty sure in retrospect I was right - he was trying to defend Marshall acting petulant in camp because he'd been mistreated or something. But he probably had a point about McDaniels being a turd too.

That is why I like Clough for the after game shows, but not his regular shows. He does a great job with all the "sky is falling" callers when we win or lose. I remember last season some guy called in saying that us winning games so closely was a bad sign and I think he called him a brain stem and hung up on him. And like you said, I can appreciate it because he seems like he truly despises people which I can relate to sometimes. :lol:

I really miss Kreckman and Nalen when they were at their best, and Vic Lombardi remains one of my favorites. The morning show with Schelreth and Evans is ok sometimes, but I can't stand the rest of the lineup throughout the day for the most part. Big Al and DMac continue to annoy me the most. I used to like them enough, but I feel like they got too comfy. Plus I hate when I do tune in to get an update and its just Big Al talking about the latest impromptu vacation he went on for an hour while DMac cackles. I do like their camp interviews and I will listen more in the season, but I wish there were more options. The national shows are a joke for the most part when it comes to Broncos coverage even when they are doing good.

7DnBrnc53
08-02-2016, 10:38 AM
I want to like Lundy because he's sort of got a condescending, antagonistic shtick going, and I can appreciate that - but you get the feeling listening to him that he's just being earnest about it and can't help the fact that he's a raging d-bag. He's insufferable.

I've given up on local sports talk radio all together. Just not interested anymore.

I remember when Osweiler was drafted. Nate Lundy was beside himself, saying that he did it for one year at ASU, and that he left when Erickson left because he knew he couldn't have another successful year without Dennis.

MasterShake
08-05-2016, 08:34 AM
Brandon Stokley was on with Cecil Lammey yesterday at training camp. They had a really nice energy together, they would make a good morning team. They just sound like 2 dudes talking football, and Brandon keeps Cecil in check when he tries to get too technical with "scout speak".

TXBRONC
08-05-2016, 11:31 AM
This is exactly why I can't suffer Lammey for very long, he treats his co-hosts like this too.

I thought he worked alone.

TXBRONC
08-05-2016, 11:32 AM
I remember when Osweiler was drafted. Nate Lundy was beside himself, saying that he did it for one year at ASU, and that he left when Erickson left because he knew he couldn't have another successful year without Dennis.

That was a knock on Osweiler by just about everyone.

Buff
08-05-2016, 11:42 AM
Lammey is like the biggest douchebag you'll ever meet - but in a sort of endearing non-threatening kind of way. Kind of like Guy Fieri.

He has total delusions of grandeur, no self awareness - thinks he's a big deal... But I still sort of like to listen to him talk fantasy sports and Broncos analysis.

MasterShake
08-05-2016, 12:34 PM
Lammey is like the biggest douchebag you'll ever meet - but in a sort of endearing non-threatening kind of way. Kind of like Guy Fieri.

He has total delusions of grandeur, no self awareness - thinks he's a big deal... But I still sort of like to listen to him talk fantasy sports and Broncos analysis.

My god he is like Guy Fieri. :lol:

I think I like him because though he can be douchey, you can tell he just geeks out about football. He actually sounds excited when he talks about it and he makes fun of Tom Brady a lot which is a plus. His fantasy football advice and Broncos coverage is always fun. He is also pretty self-deprecating when you meet him in person. I ran into him when he was still with 102.3 ESPN doing a remote on 16th Street Mall. Me and a coworker chatted with him a bit on his breaks and it seemed like he broke character for lack of a better term.

Plus I really like his "Don't Be That Guy" segments. I have to agree with most, such as "Don't be that guy that goes to an NFL game wearing a jersey of a team not playing in that game".

tomjonesrocks
08-05-2016, 02:59 PM
Lammey is like the biggest douchebag you'll ever meet - but in a sort of endearing non-threatening kind of way. Kind of like Guy Fieri. He has total delusions of grandeur, no self awareness - thinks he's a big deal... But I still sort of like to listen to him talk fantasy sports and Broncos analysis.

I really liked him for a week or two. I can live with the delusions of grandeur but man he's extremely repetitive. He says the same thing over and over and over. It feels like effective time filling but I get pretty annoyed with it now.

I can't stand the Schlereth show though. There just isn't anything about it that's good.

Simple Jaded
08-05-2016, 07:43 PM
I thought he worked alone.

He's had co-hosts lately, basically told Ryan Edwards that he's an idiot for listening to OL when they say CJ Anderson misses a lot of holes. Had the balls to suggest that Edwards needs to ignore what actual players say because Lammey "charts plays" and is a "consultant" and watches "film, not YouTube scouting".

Dude is so thoroughly ******* full of himself, he's a draftnik and FF Geek that portrays himself as a legit member of the scouting community.

Simple Jaded
08-05-2016, 07:52 PM
Dude brought his WR gloves to work to impress Stokley, so Douchey. Tell us how you scored 4 TD's in 8-Man State Championship, Cecil Bundy.

dogfish
08-05-2016, 08:08 PM
Well I'm with you on this either way. I can't stand Sandy's cocky and condescending attitude. He just talks over people and hangs up on them if he doesn't agree. Being in Denver since the 70's doesn't make you the be all end all on Broncos talk.

i did you a disservice-- you hate sandy for the exact same reasons i do. . . :D