PDA

View Full Version : u29 Jul 30 camp report.

underrated29
07-30-2016, 01:37 PM
So i tried to tweet out a bunch of stuff during camp but here is the full write up. I only have a few minutes to get this done so it will be a bit all over the place. I am going by what I saw chronologically. Sorry. Also, I only really tried to focus on the question mark areas of the team. So not a lot on starting defense because we already know they rock. Same with DT and Heman, etc.

First things first- very few people at camp. Maybe 1200. You could absolutely show up 5 min before camp and get a perfect spot. Keep that in mind. Also, the practice itself seemed.....less structured or something. Guys just kind of lazily at times going through the motions. I completely attribute this to Peyton Manning being gone. I do not recall seeing that at all the last 4 years. Anyway- camp time:

Started out watching the Qbs throw routes to a WR. Under Center and shotty. Sanchez has best under center footwork. The first few throws he had sucked. He missed guys wide, short, or timing was off. All of the QBs were like this. I have not been worried about QB play as I feel sanchez is perfect fit for us (as I said before we traded for him).....BUt it started out ugly. TO be fair, the wr he had were not DT nor Heman, so maybe a small pass. Simian- was the most accurate on these throws. But he missed a bunch too. Same with Lynch. Sanchez does indeed have the weakest arm of the 3. No question about it. One thing Mark does that the other QBs did not do, was he really planted his back foot and drove off of it. Something I hope the coaches see for the other two. The qbs did get better with the throws and it was imo pretty even who did best. Rough start for all.

I watched the DL vs OL for a long while. The guys who stood out on several occasions were Ferentz, Mcogvern and RT justin Murray. Now they were going against the 2s and 3s, but they kept holding up well. Wolfe was wreaking havoc all day. Mcgovern was the only one to hold his own against him. Schofield just sucked. Everyone got by him. Shaq 2x, Shane, and Eddie yarbrough (who had a good day today). Mcgovern got some work at C and he did a nice job there. I thought he was a RG for some reason. but he did well. Paradis looked solid for the most part and the new RT from Kansas city was about average, maybe a little better than average. Which of course is light years ahead of schofield. Kyle Roberts wasnt half bad at RT. He bears some more watching. While these guys were going at it the QBs were throwing to WR....I did not watch as I presumed someone else probably was and would have a write up on that so I focused onthe DL and OL and LBS.

Gotsis who I really wanted to watch did not do much work when they were live. He only did the dummy and walk through type stuff. He had one moment where I had to check the number of the player as he was super quick of the snap and around the dummy. It was the only play of his I saw however, so I have no way to compare that speed with his other plays, but it was faster than other DL. So encouraging. He also was working with the 1s on the entire walkthrough period at the end of practice.

The LBS were working the sleds and 47- Frank Shannon blew it up 2 or 3 times. Completely! He also had a would be sack in the 11 v11. Good day for this guy. He may need to be watched more closely. Dekoda Watson, also had a strong day. He hit the sled hard and made a few plays in the 11 v 11. He also had a would be sack. Eddie yarbrough also caught my eye a few times. He had a real nice bull rush around the right side and he also has pretty decent speed. We are loaded at LB. Shane Ray looks a lot better and he did not do a ton of note. Just,.....he looked calm and understood what he needed to do. I was not high on him really, but I have a good feeling about him. He did not make any mistakes adn when the pads come on I have a feeling he will do well.

We are running a few plays that caught our defense off guard. That is a good thing. One which we ran a lot and worked successfully is a PA stretch backside screen to the TE. They practiced it a lot and ran it off of the running game and it worked well. We also are running the bubble screen a bit differently and it worked well too.

The RBS: CJ is the starter we all know that. He missed the holes today though. Or did not trust them to open. He did not have a bad day, by any means, but I saw the holes open before he did. I would have liked to see him explode through them in anticipation. he did not. Maybe just one of those days. He runs hard, but not full pads.
Hillman- looked the worst today, but he did have one of the nicer runs. He bounced all around and did well. He also had a really nice catch over the shoulder in drills. It went unnoticed, but the throw was off and he plucked it with soft hands. Most of his runs were for negative to 2 yards. But our defense was all over them today.
Booker- This dude- I cant wait to see him. Every Arm tackle did not slow him down even a little. Even CJ does not do that. When the pads come on I cannot wait to see him go. He had a fair few really good runs and one on a toss that was a bad toss from Lynch (I think) that didnt quite get to him. Booker scooped it up and reversed field. Split the two defenders and was gone. With full pads on, I think he would have gone all the way. I am most excited about Booker. He displayed good hands as well. Nothing to get excited about but no bobbles or drops.
Bibbs- He sees the hole or anticipates it better than all of our backs. He really does. He does not slow down either. Not a lot of power and is more shifty than anything. Its only 1 day, but if he keeps it up......You know what I am going to say- hillman- exit stage left.

The qbs had no time to throw today. None at all. On nearly every throw they made, they would have been sacked had the play continued. In a row, from bmarsh, shane, ward, harris, bj lowrey....This made judging the qbs hard for me. Here is what I came away with:

They were throwing deep passes all day today! and some real short ones. Not a lot of mid range.

Sanchez throws the riskier throws, but anticipates the wr better. He also likes to throw shorter. He loves the dump off.
Simian throws behind the wr more often than not. and he threw a couple into double coverage. His out route throws were pretty solid.
Lynch-looks like a rookie. Nice TD pass on a 30 yard Rainbow. Threw some solid darts out there. His head is spinning. He waits the longest of the three to throw the ball. Simian also missed a wide open wr on the right hand side of the field. I think he locks in more to his guy.

Other random stuff because I have to go:

Taylor- I think ive got him figured out. He runs at a 95% speed, right before the DB flips his hips he goes 100%. Sort of a lulls to sleep but his long legs and extra 5% catch the DB every single time. He was thrown to deep today 4 or 5 times. A few were overthrown, one was perfect but he dropped it (was double covered). He did nicely with the bubble screen.

The punters were doing pretty well. Both had big punts. Dixons best punt was better than Colquitt but its one day again.
Mcmanis missed 3 fgs in a row. Did not kick them hard either. Maybe that lazy thing I was talking about?? No pressure, walkthrough speed.

Benny Fowler- I love this guy. Catches everything. Bailed out sanchez and simian several times.
Latimer- did pretty well. Nothing amazing, but didnt have any drops. Made a great play when he was deep and double ocvered by TJ and the other S. Simien threw a terrible deep ball that was really short. TJ had the pick lined up for 30 yards at least. Cody out of no where came back and up over the top to break it up. He almost came down with it too. Was a great play.

Schofield worked at LT, RT, LG and RG......Hopefully more G than T. He got beat on nearly every single play at T. God he sucks.

Im being pressured to go. Ill answer questions or whatever later.

tomjonesrocks
07-30-2016, 02:35 PM
So i tried to tweet out a bunch of stuff during camp but here is the full write up. I only have a few minutes to get this done so it will be a bit all over the place. I am going by what I saw chronologically. Sorry. Also, I only really tried to focus on the question mark areas of the team. So not a lot on starting defense because we already know they rock. Same with DT and Heman, etc. First things first- very few people at camp. Maybe 1200. You could absolutely show up 5 min before camp and get a perfect spot. Keep that in mind. Also, the practice itself seemed.....less structured or something. Guys just kind of lazily at times going through the motions. I completely attribute this to Peyton Manning being gone. I do not recall seeing that at all the last 4 years. Anyway- camp time: Started out watching the Qbs throw routes to a WR. Under Center and shotty. Sanchez has best under center footwork. The first few throws he had sucked. He missed guys wide, short, or timing was off. All of the QBs were like this. I have not been worried about QB play as I feel sanchez is perfect fit for us (as I said before we traded for him).....BUt it started out ugly. TO be fair, the wr he had were not DT nor Heman, so maybe a small pass. Simian- was the most accurate on these throws. But he missed a bunch too. Same with Lynch. Sanchez does indeed have the weakest arm of the 3. No question about it. One thing Mark does that the other QBs did not do, was he really planted his back foot and drove off of it. Something I hope the coaches see for the other two. The qbs did get better with the throws and it was imo pretty even who did best. Rough start for all. I watched the DL vs OL for a long while. The guys who stood out on several occasions were Ferentz, Mcogvern and RT justin Murray. Now they were going against the 2s and 3s, but they kept holding up well. Wolfe was wreaking havoc all day. Mcgovern was the only one to hold his own against him. Schofield just sucked. Everyone got by him. Shaq 2x, Shane, and Eddie yarbrough (who had a good day today). Mcgovern got some work at C and he did a nice job there. I thought he was a RG for some reason. but he did well. Paradis looked solid for the most part and the new RT from Kansas city was about average, maybe a little better than average. Which of course is light years ahead of schofield. Kyle Roberts wasnt half bad at RT. He bears some more watching. While these guys were going at it the QBs were throwing to WR....I did not watch as I presumed someone else probably was and would have a write up on that so I focused onthe DL and OL and LBS. Gotsis who I really wanted to watch did not do much work when they were live. He only did the dummy and walk through type stuff. He had one moment where I had to check the number of the player as he was super quick of the snap and around the dummy. It was the only play of his I saw however, so I have no way to compare that speed with his other plays, but it was faster than other DL. So encouraging. He also was working with the 1s on the entire walkthrough period at the end of practice. The LBS were working the sleds and 47- Frank Shannon blew it up 2 or 3 times. Completely! He also had a would be sack in the 11 v11. Good day for this guy. He may need to be watched more closely. Dekoda Watson, also had a strong day. He hit the sled hard and made a few plays in the 11 v 11. He also had a would be sack. Eddie yarbrough also caught my eye a few times. He had a real nice bull rush around the right side and he also has pretty decent speed. We are loaded at LB. Shane Ray looks a lot better and he did not do a ton of note. Just,.....he looked calm and understood what he needed to do. I was not high on him really, but I have a good feeling about him. He did not make any mistakes adn when the pads come on I have a feeling he will do well. We are running a few plays that caught our defense off guard. That is a good thing. One which we ran a lot and worked successfully is a PA stretch backside screen to the TE. They practiced it a lot and ran it off of the running game and it worked well. We also are running the bubble screen a bit differently and it worked well too. The RBS: CJ is the starter we all know that. He missed the holes today though. Or did not trust them to open. He did not have a bad day, by any means, but I saw the holes open before he did. I would have liked to see him explode through them in anticipation. he did not. Maybe just one of those days. He runs hard, but not full pads. Hillman- looked the worst today, but he did have one of the nicer runs. He bounced all around and did well. He also had a really nice catch over the shoulder in drills. It went unnoticed, but the throw was off and he plucked it with soft hands. Most of his runs were for negative to 2 yards. But our defense was all over them today. Booker- This dude- I cant wait to see him. Every Arm tackle did not slow him down even a little. Even CJ does not do that. When the pads come on I cannot wait to see him go. He had a fair few really good runs and one on a toss that was a bad toss from Lynch (I think) that didnt quite get to him. Booker scooped it up and reversed field. Split the two defenders and was gone. With full pads on, I think he would have gone all the way. I am most excited about Booker. He displayed good hands as well. Nothing to get excited about but no bobbles or drops. Bibbs- He sees the hole or anticipates it better than all of our backs. He really does. He does not slow down either. Not a lot of power and is more shifty than anything. Its only 1 day, but if he keeps it up......You know what I am going to say- hillman- exit stage left. The qbs had no time to throw today. None at all. On nearly every throw they made, they would have been sacked had the play continued. In a row, from bmarsh, shane, ward, harris, bj lowrey....This made judging the qbs hard for me. Here is what I came away with: They were throwing deep passes all day today! and some real short ones. Not a lot of mid range. Sanchez throws the riskier throws, but anticipates the wr better. He also likes to throw shorter. He loves the dump off. Simian throws behind the wr more often than not. and he threw a couple into double coverage. His out route throws were pretty solid. Lynch-looks like a rookie. Nice TD pass on a 30 yard Rainbow. Threw some solid darts out there. His head is spinning. He waits the longest of the three to throw the ball. Simian also missed a wide open wr on the right hand side of the field. I think he locks in more to his guy. Other random stuff because I have to go: Taylor- I think ive got him figured out. He runs at a 95% speed, right before the DB flips his hips he goes 100%. Sort of a lulls to sleep but his long legs and extra 5% catch the DB every single time. He was thrown to deep today 4 or 5 times. A few were overthrown, one was perfect but he dropped it (was double covered). He did nicely with the bubble screen. The punters were doing pretty well. Both had big punts. Dixons best punt was better than Colquitt but its one day again. Mcmanis missed 3 fgs in a row. Did not kick them hard either. Maybe that lazy thing I was talking about?? No pressure, walkthrough speed. Benny Fowler- I love this guy. Catches everything. Bailed out sanchez and simian several times. Latimer- did pretty well. Nothing amazing, but didnt have any drops. Made a great play when he was deep and double ocvered by TJ and the other S. Simien threw a terrible deep ball that was really short. TJ had the pick lined up for 30 yards at least. Cody out of no where came back and up over the top to break it up. He almost came down with it too. Was a great play. Schofield worked at LT, RT, LG and RG......Hopefully more G than T. He got beat on nearly every single play at T. God he sucks. Im being pressured to go. Ill answer questions or whatever later.

If Schofield is still looking this bad I wonder if he makes the team. Denver showed it will give up on a guy recently with Montee...

Sounds like I'm really going to be missing Manning also.

underrated29
07-30-2016, 02:46 PM
He was that bad. Only 1 play I saw him look good was when we went T overload to right side. He hit the TE and then pulled to second level. He moved well and made a solid block on the lb. dude needs to be a guard

Nomad
07-30-2016, 03:27 PM
How's our fullback, Janovich, doing?

underrated29
07-30-2016, 03:30 PM
How's our fullback, Janovich, doing?

I liked him! It's hard to really gauge without full contact, but he had a couple nice catches out the backfield. No bobbles. Looked very natural. He was in on many plays too.

Nomad
07-30-2016, 03:32 PM
I liked him! It's hard to really gauge without full contact, but he had a couple nice catches out the backfield. No bobbles. Looked very natural. He was in on many plays too.

I can't wait to see him in action in a full speed game.

TXBRONC
07-30-2016, 05:10 PM
I 'm looking forward seeing Lynch and Booker.

Simple Jaded
07-30-2016, 09:39 PM
How bout...make McGovern full time backup at C, leave Schoefield at G and sign Jake Long or Will Beaty to be swing T?

Ferentz, McGovern and a new Swing T means Schoefield never gets a uniform on gameday.

underrated29
07-30-2016, 10:34 PM
I think I saw long signed a deal with someone the other day

DenBronx
07-31-2016, 12:27 AM
The one thing I was hoping the team would carry on post Manning was work ethic and preparation.

Looks like they didn't with the lazy attitudes.

#superbowlhangover

underrated29
07-31-2016, 12:52 AM
I don't want you guys to get the wrong idea, it wasn't straight laziness all around, but it also was not the tight run, well oiled machine Peyton demanded. It def was not.

MOtorboat
07-31-2016, 01:21 AM
I don't want you guys to get the wrong idea, it wasn't straight laziness all around, but it also was not the tight run, well oiled machine Peyton demanded. It def was not.

Is this really that surprising? That guy drove the winning culture on this team when he was here, no matter how much people whined about him. He was a massive reason Denver did what they did last year despite the fact he couldn't perform at the level we came to expect.

Simple Jaded
07-31-2016, 01:38 AM
I think I saw long signed a deal with someone the other day

He refused to sign injury waiver so deal is off.