PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller joins Carrie Underwood in opening of “Sunday Night Football”

Denver Native (Carol)
07-26-2016, 07:12 PM
The Von Miller tour rolls on.

The Broncos linebacker is one of 12 NFL players who will be featured with singer Carrie Underwood in the opening of this season’s “Sunday Night Football” on NBC.

Miller is the only Broncos player chosen, joining Giants’ Eli Manning and Odell Beckham Jr., Steelers’ Antonio Brown, Cowboys’ Dez Bryant, Raiders’ Khalil Mack, Cardinals’ Tyrann Mathieu and Patrick Peterson, Packers’ Clay Matthews, and Seahawks’ Kam Chancellor, Earl Thomas and Russell Wilson.

Underwood will perform “Oh, Sunday, Night,” which is set to the music of “Somethin’ Bad.”

The Broncos have two Sunday night games scheduled: Nov. 6 at Oakland and Dec. 25 at Kansas City.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/26/von-miller-sunday-night-football-carrie-underwood/

TXBRONC
07-26-2016, 07:28 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/26/von-miller-sunday-night-football-carrie-underwood/

I wouldn't be surprised if Von is a fan of Country Music.

JPPT1974
07-26-2016, 08:16 PM
Glad it is a new song and hooray for Von!

Denver Native (Carol)
07-26-2016, 08:24 PM
In the next 5,000 years there won’t be any more freckles or red hair,” says Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller. “That’s the way humans are evolving.” Miller is sitting in Venice, California, during an offseason in which he’s become one of the most famous athletes in America. He’s stopped dealing himself cards so that he can focus fully on recounting a particularly juicy internet deep dive that led him to a batch of information he hasn’t been able to stop thinking about. “We will all eventually be bald, too,” he adds, removing his hat and rubbing the thin layer of hair atop his head. “We lose hair because it helps us cool our brains faster. The smarter we get, the less hair we need, because our brains need to be cool. Also, we will lose another toe. We will have four toes.”

You already know that Miller is the best player in football. The transcendent linebacker cemented his status as the sport’s most dominant force by registering 2.5 sacks in Super Bowl 50 and by signing a new contract worth $114.5 million earlier this month. At 6-foot-3 and 250 pounds, he’s become the prototype for the modern disruptive defender, with Broncos executive vice president of football operations/GM John Elway calling the 27-year-old “as talented as anyone I’ve ever seen.”

You might not know, however, that Miller is the weirdest player in football as well — by all accounts, including his own. He’s a superstar who’s graduated from watching run-of-the-mill nature shows to spending hours on YouTube trying to piece together his passion of the moment, and the weirder a given discovery, the better. He’s a part-time chicken farmer and a full-time sleuther, and in the past few months, he’s become obsessed with a certain amusement park ride, the food chain, extinct animals, and human evolution.

“It’s not like I’ll be around for this,” the Super Bowl MVP says of a freckle-less, four-toed future. “But I think it’s dope.”

rest - very long, but stuff we have never heard about Von before
https://theringer.com/von-miller-denver-broncos-best-and-weirdest-nfl-player-c12a434c9bc8#.w32fxtk7a

TXBRONC
07-26-2016, 08:48 PM
Von loves to joke around.

Simple Jaded
07-26-2016, 10:09 PM
Carrie UnderJaded needs a spankin.......so hot.

MasterShake
07-26-2016, 10:28 PM
I like to think I'm not easily emotionally swayed, but I do like the Sunday Night football intro and now I'm going to get pumped even more when the Broncos play! :lol:

BroncoJoe
07-27-2016, 07:45 AM
Carrie UnderJaded needs a spankin.......so hot.

I would Underwoodie her.

MasterShake
07-27-2016, 07:53 AM
I would Underwoodie her.

That sounds... disappointing. :lol:

"Dammit! All this whiskey is giving me an Underwoodie... better just act like I passed out."

VonDoom
07-27-2016, 08:28 AM
rest - very long, but stuff we have never heard about Von before
https://theringer.com/von-miller-denver-broncos-best-and-weirdest-nfl-player-c12a434c9bc8#.w32fxtk7a

I made a whole thread for this yesterday - great article