PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day: Broncos vs Panthers

WARHORSE
07-26-2016, 02:06 AM
A lot has changed since the superbowl for the Broncos. Mainly in the presence of Manning on the offensive side of the ball. Bad play or not, he brought a mindset.

Not so much has changed for the Panthers......or has it?
Josh Norman is by far the big offseason story for the Panthers. Norman could play on an island with the leagues elite. Depending on the players brought in to replace Norman.....this could be a big factor.

This is going to be a tough game for the Broncos. Alot will depend on the 12th man imo. If Cam needs to go to a silent count, this will give us a big boost on defense. Missing Malik Jackson in the run game will tell alot too.

The Panthers defense vs the Broncos offense. One has to give the edge to the Panthers D, afterall, we dont know what we have in the Broncos offense. That being said, they have little tape on what they'll see. Im not going to discuss all the ins and outs, I want to leave that for discussion.

Broncos defense vs the Panthers offense. The edge goes to Denver, especially at home. However.....will the Broncos offense be able to give some rest to the D by sustaining drives? If that happens, the game is over, Denver wins. But we will be in flux at Oline......QB......TE and FB.
We'll need a heckuva preseason to be able to step up to the Panthers D. (there I am discussing the offense again) Will leave for discussion.

Special teams......Denver has the edge. The return games are offsetting, but I think we edge out in coverage and kickers.

Coaching: Wash. Rivera has done a great job playing his team to their strengths. Kubes offense will be in year two, as will Wades defense.

Ive just gotten the discussion started......and now my prediction:

Broncos 24

Panthers 17

I would NEVER predict a Broncos loss.....its a PREDICTION.

But if I look at everything on paper alone, I think that theres a huge edge at the QB position for Carolina. And when theres a huge edge at the QB position and both teams have a great defense........you gotta see the Panthers as favored.....a tiny bit just as Vegas has them. The 12th man will be the difference.......or not.

I was front row for the AFC Championship game when Brady had to go to the silent count. We were yelling our heads off.

Lets not let Cam be able to hear during his time on the field!!

Your thoughts and predictions?
I imagine things will be different by week one, but it will be fun to see if any of us change our positions after we see the preseason.
heh heh

Valar Morghulis
07-26-2016, 02:56 AM
Sneakers is going to lose his shit

TXBRONC
07-26-2016, 08:07 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Sneakers throws an oboe.

BroncoWave
07-26-2016, 09:23 AM
It really wouldn't shock me at all to see a Panthers team seething all offseason from the loss to us and a Broncos team still a bit hungover from their Super Bowl victory celebration tour. I could honestly see us getting trounced.

Even so though, I'd certainly rather have the Super Bowl win than a win in week 1!

WARHORSE
07-26-2016, 12:04 PM
It really wouldn't shock me at all to see a Panthers team seething all offseason from the loss to us and a Broncos team still a bit hungover from their Super Bowl victory celebration tour. I could honestly see us getting trounced.

Even so though, I'd certainly rather have the Super Bowl win than a win in week 1!

I guess its possible to get trounced.

But Id rather we do the trouncing.

I still see us winning......even with a butt fumble.

WARHORSE
07-26-2016, 12:04 PM

Lol.

Dont tell him. Lets keep his blood pressure at a norm. :D

BroncoNut
07-26-2016, 12:35 PM
I think if we can get into Cam's head early in the game we should be able to take this one

BroncoWave
07-26-2016, 01:25 PM
I guess its possible to get trounced.

But Id rather we do the trouncing.

I still see us winning......even with a butt fumble.

Obviously we'd all rather see us do the trouncing, that goes without saying. I just think this will be a tough one for us to win. Being at home does help a lot though.

GEM
07-26-2016, 02:58 PM
We've done well vs the Panthers historically. I'm guessing Von has another monster day against Cam, it's one of the QB's he has continuously shined against. The Broncos will want to prove the SB was real just like the Panthers will want to prove it was a fluke. Broncos win. 21- 14

Valar Morghulis
07-26-2016, 03:06 PM
Sanchez throws eight tds

olathebroncofan
07-26-2016, 03:15 PM
Sanchez throws eight tds

Please keep this thread on topic.

That comment belongs in the bucket list thread, or the ain't no chance in ... thread.

MOtorboat
07-26-2016, 04:09 PM

Warhorse is the reason we lost the Seattle Super Bowl.

NightTerror218
07-26-2016, 06:00 PM
I think we will see a much different offense. And just being able to get a few first downs will change the game comapred to depending on defense.

I think Crick will step up great in place for malik. He knows wades system from being a texan and is a good player.

WARHORSE
07-26-2016, 07:14 PM
Warhorse is the reason we lost the Seattle Super Bowl.

I thought that was common knowledge.

Everybody didnt know?

Lets get it straight then.

It was ALL my fault.

I was the large burrito looking dude in the endzone who shouted "I LOVE YOU PEYTON!!" right when we snapped that first ball.

Of course, Peyton turned to see who was spockin him out, snap went over his head, and it steamrolled from there......the rest is history.

Blame me.

Blame it ALL on ME!

(sniff!)

LTC Pain
07-27-2016, 08:36 AM
Cam Newton is a wussy!

Valar Morghulis
07-27-2016, 09:03 AM
Peyton turned to see who was spockin him

Hmm, I think this means something very different to me than what you intended it to mean

Mike
07-27-2016, 12:11 PM
New o-line, new meh QB (if Sanchez wins the job), embarrassed/angry Panther team....I wouldn't be surprised at a loss.