PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Training Camp 2016 - Articles, Tweets, etc.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Denver Native (Carol)
07-25-2016, 01:08 PM
No more hotel for veteran Broncos during training camp

ENGLEWOOD - Veteran Denver Bronco players will enjoy a new feature at training camp this year.

Their own beds.

Head coach Gary Kubiak will only have his rookies stay at the hotel near the Broncos’ UCHealth Training Center headquarters. Veteran players can sleep at their own homes.

It’s the first time since the 2003-08 Mike Shanahan period the entire group of players didn’t sleep in one housing unit.

Training camp for the Broncos started in 1960 with gym floor cots and dorm rooms at the Colorado School of Mines. From 1967-71 the Broncos trained at their team headquarters in Adams County, but Floyd Little, the star running back from that era, said the players always stayed in a Denver hotel off Speer Boulevard during training camp.

rest - http://www.9news.com/sports/no-more-hotel-for-veteran-broncos-during-training-camp/280529641

VonDoom
07-25-2016, 01:30 PM
Ah, the season is almost here! From today's pressers:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Connor McGovern spent the downtime at home in North Dakota. Spent some weekends at a lake house -- good chance to relax.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

McGovern said the 4 weeks of OTAs helped his technique. Said OL coach Clancy Barone left them w/ drills they could do on their own.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

Connor McGovern sees his best spot right now as on the inside rather than the outside. Expects he'll work at guard. Perhaps later center.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

#Broncos OL Connor McGovern said looking forward to putting pads on. "Ready to prove spot on team". #Denverchannel7

Connor McGovern points to Matt Paradis as a "good guy to talk to" who will answer questions if needed. Ditto Ty Sambrailo.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 27s27 seconds ago

Connor McGovern also mentions Max Garcia as someone he talks to and turns to when he has questions.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-25-2016, 01:34 PM
Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 3h

The tents are up, #Broncos rookies are in the house. Veteran players report Wednesday, first full practice Thursday

VonDoom
07-25-2016, 01:40 PM

Will Parks: "I'm excited to get started, to finally put the pads on ... I'm just ready to get out there and get after it."

Will Parks says he has a "little bit of anxiety," but feels like OTAs helped him get settled.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 32s33 seconds ago

Will Parks said he spent time studying in his iPad during the time off -- enough to be up to speed on base coverages for the start of camp.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 25s26 seconds ago

#Broncos DB Parks said learned about "being a pro" in OTAs from @BossWard43.That no detail too small

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 30s30 seconds ago

"I've been with T.J. Ward a lot this offseason. He taught me to respect your atmosphere." #Broncos Will Parks @1043TheFan

VonDoom
07-25-2016, 01:44 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 37s38 seconds ago

Justin Simmons: the goal is "to come in and play," not to take a "redshirt" year like college.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 37s37 seconds ago

Broncos rookie S @jsimms1119: "It's a job now. You have to come in and compete for those spots, and if you're not, the guy behind you will."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 31s32 seconds ago

Justin Simmons said he spent his downtime training in Florida, where he did his Combine prep.

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 1m1 minute ago

#Broncos Justin Simmons "we are all here to take someone's job, but you [carry the pads] and show respect for those who came before you"

During OTAs, Simmons felt his fundamentals improved, said the vets & coaches helped them refine tackling, getting in/out of breaks, etc.

Justin Simmons: "There's a standard already set, being the best secondary in the league. We have to come in and match that."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 21s22 seconds ago

Justin Simmons says he expects his special-teams role to be "huge" and the "launching pad into the Broncos organization."

Denver Native (Carol)
07-25-2016, 01:45 PM
Rookie press conferences now

http://www.denverbroncos.com/

TXBRONC
07-25-2016, 02:54 PM
Broncos Training Camp is better day time soap operas.

GEM
07-25-2016, 03:16 PM
No more hotel for veteran Broncos during training camp

rest - http://www.9news.com/sports/no-more-hotel-for-veteran-broncos-during-training-camp/280529641

Well now we know what budget they cut to pay Von. :laugh: :D

Denver Native (Carol)
07-25-2016, 08:38 PM
Kenny Anunike, whose promising NFL career has been slowed by injuries, was placed on the physically unable to perform list by the Broncos on Monday.

The 6-foot-5, 276-pound defensive end was active for three games last season before being placed on injured reserve because of a lingering knee injury he had surgery for in August. He made the initial 53-man roster after an impressive offseason even after suffering the injury.

Anunike has been training in Colorado for most of the offseason and said last month he expected to be ready for training camp, which starts Thursday at Dove Valley. It’s unknown whether he suffered a setback or going on the PUP list is just a way to help him get fully healthy.

Anunike, 26, spent the 2014 season on injured reserve because of an elbow injury.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/25/kenny-anunike-to-start-broncos-training-camp-on-pup-list/

Davii
07-25-2016, 09:26 PM
rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/25/kenny-anunike-to-start-broncos-training-camp-on-pup-list/

That couldbe very bad for his career, hope he's not a statistic

TXBRONC
07-25-2016, 09:50 PM
Well now we know what budget they cut to pay Von. :laugh: :D

Didn't Shanahan do something similar?

LTC Pain
07-26-2016, 08:28 AM

Anunike is toast :(

TXBRONC
07-26-2016, 08:31 AM

I don't know, Anunike has pass rush skills that others do not have.

Valar Morghulis
07-26-2016, 11:14 AM

Milquetoast

WARHORSE
07-26-2016, 12:02 PM

Doesnt say that. Hopefully theyre just keeping him healthy and taking it slow with him.

VonDoom
07-26-2016, 12:22 PM
Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 3m3 minutes ago

Devontae Booker says he feels very good about his knee, not sure if he'll be limited to start #Broncos camp

Devontae Booker said the knee injury was his "first injury ever" ... Was "kind of tough" in the beginning of rehab, but got easier.

Devontae Booker said the cutting on his knee is back to normal.

Devontae Booker "I'm here to compete and do what I gotta do to help this team." #Broncos

Devontae Booker: "I couldn't have landed in a better situation than in this offensive scheme."

VonDoom
07-26-2016, 12:23 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Broncos made a move to set their roster before training camp, signing rookie linebacker Darnell Sankey.

To make room for Sankey, they waived rookie long snapper Nathan Theus.

A 6-foot-2, 250-pounder, Sankey earned FCS All-America honors from multiple sources, including the American Football Coaches Associaiton, the Associated Press, the Walter Camp Football Foundation and STATS, Inc.

At Sacramento State, Sankey led the Big Sky Conference with 153 stops last season, a figure that ranked second in FCS. He added 3.5 sacks, had nine tackles for losses and forced a fumble while finishing with 76 more tackles than anyone else on the Hornets roster.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-sign-rookie-LB-Darnell-Sankey-waive-long-snapper-Nathan-Theus/90086e2a-65f9-4c6b-a442-92e0077b099a

VonDoom
07-26-2016, 12:26 PM

Adam Gotsis says the knee "feels good" ... Was running around yesterday. Says it's still a "day-by-day" thing as far as his status.

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 2m2 minutes ago

Adam Gotsis "I've got full trust in them to get me right [healthy]." #Broncos

Adam Gotsis says it was "pretty tough" to watch OTAs, but he said he learned from watching the older players.

Gotsis said that it helped having Kenny Anunike on the sideline with him, because they could talk about what they were seeing on each play.

Adam Gotsis said he did individual drills yesterday during rookie practice.

Adam Gotsis says he's going to learn all three positions on the defensive line. "No real preference," but he knows DE is the best fit.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 57s58 seconds ago

#Broncos DL Adam Gotsis went back to Australia recently to get his visa worked out so he can legally work here.

VonDoom
07-26-2016, 12:42 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 4m4 minutes ago

Paxton Lynch: "It feels good to get back in the building."

Lynch says the biggest area of growth is "how far I've come mentally." Said he had some trouble calling plays in the huddle when he started.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 2m2 minutes ago

Paxton Lynch said he's not at 100% knowledge of the playbook, but he's made a lot of progress.

Paxton Lynch "I definitely think I have an opportunity...to play right away." #Broncos @1043TheFan

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago

Paxton Lynch said he knew Mark Sanchez and Trevor Siemian would be ahead of him b/c of their experience and knowledge of system.

Paxton Lynch: "The biggest thing for me is to stay confident in myself ... keep pushing through."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Lynch: "It's my job as a rookie to push those guys who are ahead of me."

Lynch said he did "a lot of football" work during time off. Worked in Orlando, threw to his brother. Threw to Mose Frazier in Memphis, too.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 52s52 seconds ago

Paxton Lynch, on his comfort level in the huddle: "It's definitely coming to me," but still more comfortable in no-huddle b/c of work @ MEM.

MOtorboat
07-26-2016, 12:53 PM

Adam Gotsis says the knee "feels good" ... Was running around yesterday. Says it's still a "day-by-day" thing as far as his status.

Adam Gotsis "I've got full trust in them to get me right [healthy]." #Broncos

Adam Gotsis says it was "pretty tough" to watch OTAs, but he said he learned from watching the older players.

Gotsis said that it helped having Kenny Anunike on the sideline with him, because they could talk about what they were seeing on each play.

Adam Gotsis said he did individual drills yesterday during rookie practice.

Adam Gotsis says he's going to learn all three positions on the defensive line. "No real preference," but he knows DE is the best fit.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 57s58 seconds ago

#Broncos DL Adam Gotsis went back to Australia recently to get his visa worked out so he can legally work here.

The Broncos almost employed an illegal?

GEM
07-26-2016, 01:48 PM
Does anyone know if they are doing the summer scrimmage at Mile High?

NightTerror218
07-26-2016, 04:22 PM
I see the OL battle being the biggest position battle at camp this year. This is how i would like to see the OL look at end of camp

Okung
McGovern
Paradis
Garcia
Sambrailo

The biggest question would be Sambrailo but okung paradis and garcia are basically set in stone. Stephenson could easily be the starting RT but i see him as the swing T and vet to youngyoung OL. I would like to see OL develop and gel early on. McGovern i think will beat out Sambrailo for LG because he is a beast and a mauler in running game. But Sambrailo will prob start camp at G.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-26-2016, 07:18 PM
On July 30, 2015, Broncos general manager John Elway, donning one of his many navy notch lapel sport coats, sat under an oversized tent in the smoldering heat as a horde of reporters peppered him with questions. The usual questions. The expected questions that had no definitive answers.

Is the new system a fit for their quarterback? Is the young offensive line a concern? Is this team capable of going all the way?

It was the day before the start of training camp and Elway, armed with a new coach in longtime friend and former teammate Gary Kubiak, was leading a new era. Elway had revamped the defense a year earlier, and after back-to-back disappointments in the postseason — a Super Bowl blowout loss followed by a first-game exit — had set the team up for change and a world championship in Peyton Manning’s final season.

Come Wednesday, the eve of the Broncos’ 2016 training camp, Elway probably will field the same questions about the same topics, but with different names. Another Broncos era will kick off that afternoon and start in earnest the next day, when players take the field for Day 1 of practice.

rest - long article - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/26/denver-broncos-to-begin-new-era-but-defense-still-tops/

Simple Jaded
07-26-2016, 10:41 PM
I see the OL battle being the biggest position battle at camp this year. This is how i would like to see the OL look at end of camp

Okung
McGovern
Paradis
Garcia
Sambrailo

The biggest question would be Sambrailo but okung paradis and garcia are basically set in stone. Stephenson could easily be the starting RT but i see him as the swing T and vet to youngyoung OL. I would like to see OL develop and gel early on. McGovern i think will beat out Sambrailo for LG because he is a beast and a mauler in running game. But Sambrailo will prob start camp at G.
I think Stephenson got $6 MM/per, that's too much for a swing T.

TXBRONC
07-27-2016, 07:34 AM

Okung
McGovern
Paradis
Garcia
Sambrailo

Right now not the configuration that they're thinking of putting out there.

From what I have heard it looks something like this

LT Okung
LG Garcia
C Paradis
RG Sambrailo
RT Stephenson

I might have the guard switched but that this seems to be what they're going start off with. It doesn't mean it will end up that way but this seem to be the starting point. At any rate, I think the starting tackles and center are penciled in for sure.

TXBRONC
07-27-2016, 07:37 AM

It sounds to me like they plan having start. Personally, I would rather roll with Sambrailo at right tackle but maybe Kubuiak feels more comfortable with a veteran presences at both ends of the line.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-27-2016, 11:33 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 17m

Sports Authority logo coming off press room backdrops #9news

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 3h

Today is the day and the fields look ready. Broncos veteran player report here today,... http://es.pn/2a4vFd9

Broncos like their situation at quarterback a lot more than most

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/21014/broncos-like-their-situation-at-quarterback-a-lot-more-than-most-do

Denver Native (Carol)
07-27-2016, 12:34 PM
Take a look through Broncos training camp history, from early days in Fort Collins to the much more developed camp at the UCHealth Training Center.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/photo-gallery/Broncos-training-camp-through-the-years/59014f14-a56c-4cf3-93b2-52d3d3e9aa54#start

VonDoom
07-27-2016, 01:55 PM
ENGLEWOOD—Aqib Talib will require more time to recover from gunshot wounds to his right leg.

The Denver Broncos have placed Talib on their preseason non-football injury list (NFI). As a practical matter the NFI is equivalent to the PUP, or physically unable perform list. The NFI is designated to players who suffer an injury unrelated to football.

Talib, the Broncos’ top cover cornerback who earned Pro Bowl berths each of the past two seasons, was in Dallas on June 4 when he suffered gunshot wounds to the rear of his right upper leg and lower part of his right calf.

The NFL is investigating the incident in an attempt to determine whether Talib was shot accidentally, or by another shooter, and whether it was at a Dallas nightclub or at a nearby park.

Talib can be activated from the preseason injury list at any time. Although Talib is expected to miss the first week or two of training camp that begins Thursday, along with the first preseason game Aug. 11 at Chicago, the Broncos are hopeful he will be ready to play in their regular-season opener Sept. 8 against the Carolina Panthers in a Super Bowl 50 rematch in Denver.

Besides his injury, Talib must also be cleared by the NFL to play in the Broncos’ season opener

http://www.9news.com/sports/broncos-place-talib-on-non-football-injury-list/282653787

VonDoom
07-27-2016, 01:55 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

The #Broncos are signing former #Ravens WR Marlon Brown to a 1-year deal, @UniSportsMgmt tells me. Gary Kubiak coached him in Baltimore.

VonDoom
07-27-2016, 02:07 PM
From today's pressers. Elway:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 14s14 seconds ago

Elway -- QB competiton "is going to be wide open, as Gary said."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 41s41 seconds ago

John Elway: "We feel good about where we are offensively. I think we have a chance to be better on the offensive side."

Elway said he had a "good meeting" with Von Miller this morning. Elway said he told him "standards & expectations are going to go way up."

Elway: "Those things (negotiations) are never easy, but we're glad we got that done."

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 8s9 seconds ago

Elway: Aqib Talib will not be able to practice at the start of camp. He is on the non-football injury list.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 24s25 seconds ago

Elway on Von: "He's thrilled to be back and we're glad he's back."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 40s40 seconds ago

Elway said he met with Miller to make sure they were on the same page after dealing w/ biz side. "I've been in that situation before."

VonDoom
07-27-2016, 02:13 PM

Elway: "I think it's going to help having a year under our belt with the offense ... being familiar w/ offense ... is going to help us."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos Elway said Kubiak didn't "get enough credit for the job he did."

Elway: In 2015, "we hung on offensively." What excites him is having a chance for the offense to have balance & get more consistency.

Elway, on whether @cjandersonb22 can be one of the best RBs in the NFL: "I do," but the key is for him to stay healthy.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 1m1 minute ago

Elway on comparing QB situation in 2016 to 2015: "I'm not going to get into last year because we won the Super Bowl last year."

Elway: Re-signing Emmanuel Sanders is still a priority. "We're still working w/ him."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 55s56 seconds ago

#Broncos Elway said are still talking to Sanders' reps. Would still like to sign him to new deal before season. #Denver7

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 1m1 minute ago

DeMarcus Ware is on the NFI list too. Day-to-day.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 36s36 seconds ago

Elway: "Our expectations are still the same ... our job is to be competitive & try to win a championship year-in & year-out."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 36s37 seconds ago

Elway: "Our division is getting better, so that's what makes it tough ... it's going to be a battle within (the division)."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 22s23 seconds ago

Elway said he doesn't know what league is going to do re: Aqib Talib incident.

VonDoom
07-27-2016, 02:20 PM
Kubiak:

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 28s28 seconds ago

Kubiak on QBs: "We're going to give them equal reps. It's an open competition." 1-2-3 from camp remains the same.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 45s46 seconds ago

Gary Kubiak said starting tomorrow reps will go Mark Sanchez first, Trevor Siemian second, Paxton Lynch third with equal reps. Will change.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 43s44 seconds ago

Kubiak says he has no timetable on selecting a starting QB.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 28s29 seconds ago

Kubiak: "I think Paxton's struggles in the offseason were verbiage, huddle, those types of things, and we've seen improvement."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 26s26 seconds ago

Kubiak says he's seen improvement from Lynch in the last two days of rookie practice.

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 37s37 seconds ago

Kubiak "I've seen improvement with Paxton. He seems more comfortable now. " #Broncos

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 28s29 seconds ago

Kubiak says he expects Talib to return "real soon."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 26s26 seconds ago

Kubiak asked flat out if he believes Aqib Talib shot himself. "Well, something happened. He's dealing with an injury."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 27s28 seconds ago

Kubiak said "we'll have to see" in re: to Von Miller getting up to speed after missing the offseason. Considered a "progression player."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 14s15 seconds ago

Kubiak, on Von Miller: "We'll build him up to get him where he's at ... he's worked, but it hasn't been with us."

VonDoom
07-27-2016, 02:27 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 35s36 seconds ago

Kubiak on O-line: "I think we've taken steps to get better on the offensive line."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 24s25 seconds ago

Kubiak said Okung will be brought along progressively ... Sambrailo is ready to go full-tilt.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 13s13 seconds ago

Kubiak on Anunike: "He's not quite there yet, but very, very close" in recovering from knee injury

Brandon Marshall and Virgil Green and Jeff Heuerman have "no limitations," although Kubiak will limit their special-teams reps early.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 37s37 seconds ago

Kubiak says he's "interested" to see how Sanchez and Siemian look after the break. Is pleased with Lynch's play since he returned.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 17s17 seconds ago

Kubiak, on veterans staying home during camp: "We've got a lot of guys that live closer to this building than the hotel is."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 31s31 seconds ago

Kubiak: "There is some concern" at tight end given that Green & Heuerman missed OTA time. "We've got to get that group going."

Kubiak: "I think our receiver group might be as good as I've been around going to camp."

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 36s37 seconds ago

Kubiak said he believes the receiver group will be as good as he remembers going into camp. He said it could be a 6 position spot.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 49s50 seconds ago

Kubiak says DeMarcus Ware heading in the right direction as far as getting him ready for the start of the season. Getting physical today.

Kubiak says he talks less about the challenge of repeating and more about "what's ahead," not what's behind.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 42s42 seconds ago

Kubiak, on whether there will be a rotation or a set 5 on the O-line: "That's up to the players."

Denver Native (Carol)
07-27-2016, 03:11 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 38s

#Broncos Miller said got workouts done "Whether it was 1, 5 or 7 in the morning. I found a way to get it done." #Denver7

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m

#Broncos Miller said he talked to McManus, Harris, Talib, DT... was FaceTiming guys all the time... "I just wanted to be a Bronco for life."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m

#Broncos Miller said "I don't like coming out and saying my expectations. But I want to continue to beat my standard." #Denver7

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m

#Broncos Miller. "Whenever you can say you can be a Bronco life, it's an incredible relief. It was the ultimate goal." #Denver7

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 6m

#Broncos Miller said face of the franchise is "the lockerroom. It's all the guys. No one has camaraderie like we have." #Denver7

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 7m

#Broncos Von said he never got far away from football.. "I worked out the same I would. I feel like I am in shape." #Denver7

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 9m

#Broncos Miller "Everything is great. Everyone knows the type of respect I have for Mr. Elway." #Denver7

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 10m

#Broncos Von Miller said he's looking forward to play 9 years with Harris and DT...

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 11m

#Broncos Von Miller back in building

VonDoom
07-27-2016, 03:14 PM
Von "MVP" Miller:

Von Miller: "It was back to normal" today. "I'm ready to go play football." Said he is excited about playing w/ CHJr, DT for long term.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

Von Miller: " I talked to John this morning and told him I get to play with DT for 9 years. ... that's some of the stuff I'm excited about."

"It's back to normal" #Broncos Von Miller

Von Miller: "Everything is great. Everyone knows the type of respect I have for Mr. Elway."

Von: "I never really got too far away from football." Was still watching film and working out during offseason.

Von Miller's T-shirt reads: "Property of the Broncos. Engineered to the exact specifications of the Denver Broncos."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 50s50 seconds ago

#Broncos Miller said face of the franchise is "the lockerroom. It's all the guys. No one has camaraderie like we have." #Denver7

Von Miller on importance of being highest-paid non-QB: "I just let my agent take care of it. I never really had any expectations."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 55s56 seconds ago

Von Miller: "I don't think I've changed at all. I feel like I'm the same Von that I was before. I think the mindset I have is the same."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 50s50 seconds ago

Von Miller: "It's an incredible opportunity to be here and be in Denver for life."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 34s34 seconds ago

Von Miller: "I've always held myself to an expectation that no one else does, not even my teammates."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 39s40 seconds ago

#Broncos Miller said "I don't like coming out and saying my expectations. But I want to continue to beat my standard." #Denver7

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 25s26 seconds ago

Von on contract talks: "I think it was always positive for me. ... I always had a lot of communication with the locker room."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos Miller said he talked to McManus, Harris, Talib, DT... was FaceTiming guys all the time... "I just wanted to be a Bronco for life."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 2m2 minutes ago

"The leadership we have, you just don't get that in the [@nfl]." - @Millerlite40

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 41s41 seconds ago

Von on if he asked for a trade during negotations: "The business is the busines, but ultimately, I wanted to be a Denver Bronco."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 4m4 minutes ago

Von Miller: "There's not way you could replace a guy like Peyton." Says the whole locker room has to step up in terms of leadership.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago

#Broncos Miller said his speciality is working with the young guys, the rookies. "Bring positive energy, and just be myself." #Denver7

VonDoom
07-27-2016, 03:17 PM
DT:

Demaryius Thomas said he caught "a lot more" footballs this offseason to try and overcome the drop issues.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 2m2 minutes ago Dove Valley, CO

Demaryius Thomas eager to have a bounce back year: "It was the drops." Concentration issue that he hopes he solved.

Demaryius Thomas says there's not much difference in the QBs, so he doesn't have to adjust much from one QB to the next.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 36s37 seconds ago

Demaryius Thomas expects he'll get the same number of opportunities as he had in previous years.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 38s39 seconds ago

Demaryius Thomas on Sanders potentially getting a contract extension: "I think he deserves it ... hopefully he'll get it done."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 10s10 seconds ago

#Broncos DeMaryius Thomas believes better if QB starter named sooner rather than later for chemistry w WRS.But there's no timetable.#Denver7

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 8m8 minutes ago

.@DemaryiusT on @Millerlite40 deal getting done: "So relieved. So relieved. That's my son!"

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 7m7 minutes ago

D.T. talking about how amazing it was to talk to President Obama who gave his mom clemency and is working to get his grandmom's too.

VonDoom
07-27-2016, 03:33 PM
Joe Ellis:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 4m4 minutes ago

Joe Ellis: "There are still some things proceeding in the bankruptcy court" re the naming rights. "It's important that we get" a sponsor.

Vic J Lombardi XXI ‏@VicLombardi 3m3 minutes ago

Joe Ellis says it will take upwards of $300-million to upgrade Mike High Stadium over next 30 years. So yes, they want to sell naming rights

Joe Ellis: "Sports Authority stays on the stadium for now," but expects a new sponsor on there "at some point."

Joe Ellis: "Certainly there are some lessons learned ... as far as how things went with Sports Authority ... sad to see it happen."

Joe Ellis says he "can't talk too much" about Talib's situation because it's under an ongoing league investigation.

Joe Ellis says Talib is "coming along" physically ... says he's been "an excellent teammate" and player.

Joe Ellis, on Pat Bowlen: "Mr. Bowlen's doing pretty well ... as well as he can be fighting a really, really tough disease."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 42s43 seconds ago

Joe Ellis: Ownership status remains unchanged. Still in Pat Bowlen Trust. Still awaiting one of the children to be prepared for the role.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 11s12 seconds ago

Joe Ellis: "I really wasn't nervous" about how the Von Miller contract situation went. "These things ... usually come down to the wire."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

#Broncos Ellis on QBs. "It's an open competition.. I know all eyes in (media) will be on that." #Denver7

BroncoWave
07-27-2016, 05:14 PM
I'm not too optimistic that Ware's back will heal to a point where he can consistently be counted on to be active throughout the season. He's pretty much missed the whole offseason because of it. As great of a veteran leader as he is, it wouldn't shock me if he were a camp casualty.

TXBRONC
07-27-2016, 05:29 PM
I don't know if Ware will hold up but using him as pass rush specialist might preserve him.

underrated29
07-27-2016, 05:29 PM
He wont be. He will be here and helping us back up the title. He is going no where. They will Pup him if they have too. We can get by with Shaq and Shane until he is back. The man is here to stay

Davii
07-27-2016, 05:45 PM
Nick Foles anyone?

MOtorboat
07-27-2016, 06:40 PM
Nick Foles anyone?

Um.

No.

Davii
07-27-2016, 06:47 PM
Um.

No.

Why not bring him in to camp Mo?

MOtorboat
07-27-2016, 06:52 PM
Why not bring him in to camp Mo?

And take even more reps from Lynch? No thanks. He's a guy, just like Sanchez is a guy. Don't need two guys in camp. Grin and bear it and hope that Lynch is the real deal down the road.

Davii
07-27-2016, 06:53 PM
And take even more reps from Lynch? No thanks. He's a guy, just like Sanchez is a guy. Don't need two guys in camp. Grin and bear it and hope that Lynch is the real deal down the road.

Is he a better guy than Sanchez? Than Simean?

MOtorboat
07-27-2016, 06:56 PM
Is he a better guy than Sanchez? Than Simean?

Probably not. And if he is, only slightly. If they hadn't landed Lynch, I could see a case for it.

Davii
07-27-2016, 07:00 PM
Probably not. And if he is, only slightly. If they hadn't landed Lynch, I could see a case for it.

I don't much care either way, but if they could get him in camp I don't see a problem with it

Denver Native (Carol)
07-27-2016, 07:10 PM
Elway: Expectations haven't changed

John Elway touches on several topics on the eve of the Broncos 2016 training camp, including the QB competition, Von Miller's contract and the health status of a few players.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Elway-Expectations-havent-changed/5d0b32e1-a10d-4423-b0cc-2a2dcfb4341f

Kubiak: 'Focus on chasing another one'

Head Coach Gary Kubiak talks about his expectations for the team as they get set to begin training camp on Thursday.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Kubiak-Focus-on-chasing-another-one/f3f60caf-8478-4327-af14-ac7fca14cf3e

Miller on new standard following contract

Von Miller talks about his new contract, being a leader and his conditioning on the eve of the Broncos training camp.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Miller-on-new-standard-following-contract/89766f6a-4d7c-4e73-be95-6c6175f25050

Joe Ellis on latest with stadium naming rights

Broncos President/CEO Joe Ellis gives an update on the stadium naming rights and overall state of the organization.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Joe-Ellis-on-latest-with-stadium-naming-rights/baf99287-b472-4ef4-a41d-5aa66a3240fe

Thomas strives to correct drops issue

Demaryius Thomas talks about moving past the 2015 season and being a better leader this year.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Thomas-strives-to-correct-drops-issue/57243324-0a4d-4bcc-9cdf-e37028357446

1-on-1 with John Elway: Getting back to work

Broncos TV's Phil Milani talks 1-on-1 with John Elway about the team's mindset entering training camp, the QB competition and Von Miller's contract.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/1-on-1-with-John-Elway-Getting-back-to-work/287f60d2-e905-4fdc-a573-62611c1f4899

TXBRONC
07-27-2016, 07:37 PM
Nick Foles anyone?

I don't think that is even a possibility unless one of quarterbacks on the team goes down. Hopefully, that won't happen.

Simple Jaded
07-27-2016, 08:50 PM
It sounds to me like they plan having start. Personally, I would rather roll with Sambrailo at right tackle but maybe Kubuiak feels more comfortable with a veteran presences at both ends of the line.

I sincerely hope Stephenson is the RT because he's better than Sampro, otherwise he's a waste of time, money and effort.

spikerman
07-27-2016, 08:57 PM
Let me get this out of the way early, "face it Broncos' fans, we're screwed."

NightTerror218
07-27-2016, 09:39 PM

He was signed beffore we got Okung. He was going to be plug in LT. He only has a 1 yr contract right?

NightTerror218
07-27-2016, 09:41 PM
Right now not the configuration that they're thinking of putting out there.

From what I have heard it looks something like this

LT Okung
LG Garcia
C Paradis
RG Sambrailo
RT Stephenson

I might have the guard switched but that this seems to be what they're going start off with. It doesn't mean it will end up that way but this seem to be the starting point. At any rate, I think the starting tackles and center are penciled in for sure.

I have no doubts that is the line starting camp camp but Stephenson is nothing amazing and our young guys could push him and i doubt he would be cut. He would be a nice vet presence.

FanInAZ
07-27-2016, 09:48 PM

We can survive a 1 or 2 season post-Manning slump, especially with our :defense:

I'm confident that we'll remain over .500, but I'm not sure if that going to be good enough for the division or wildcard. If Lynch works out, then we should be back to being SB contenders in no more then 3 years.

Simple Jaded
07-27-2016, 09:51 PM
He was signed beffore we got Okung. He was going to be plug in LT. He only has a 1 yr contract right?

I think he got a 3-year.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-27-2016, 09:52 PM

Clady was still under contract.

Simple Jaded
07-27-2016, 09:54 PM
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/donald-stephenson/

$4.5/per isn't unreasonable for a swing T.

G_Money
07-27-2016, 11:03 PM
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/donald-stephenson/

$4.5/per isn't unreasonable for a swing T.

If it means I never have to see Schofield playing meaningful minutes at tackle again, it's well worth it.

BroncoBuckeye73
07-27-2016, 11:23 PM
I like the way the line looks right now but we will see how well they play together. Schofield i believe has no future with the team a rare miss for John but i really do not see him playing tackle or guard right now on this team. If Stephenson or Okung gets hurt I think Sambrillo will slide over to tackle and Mcgovern will be the first off the bench at guard. I really think the Okung Garcia Paradis Sambrillo Stephenson line is putting our best 5 out there

underrated29
07-27-2016, 11:59 PM
If it means I never have to see Schofield playing meaningful minutes at tackle again, it's well worth it.

Remember when I did a write up on schofield....pretty damn accurate. He may work well as a guard. Not sure why he isn't a guard and tysam isn't a T?

Magnificent Seven
07-28-2016, 12:31 AM
Broncos sign former Ravens WR Marlon Brown.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-sign-former-Ravens-WR-Marlon-Brown/41cb8d1f-e407-4d30-9a7b-b9201c341576

TXBRONC
07-28-2016, 06:27 AM
I sincerely hope Stephenson is the RT because he's better than Sampro, otherwise he's a waste of time, money and effort.

I thought Sambrailo was doing a good job before he got hurt.

VonDoom
07-28-2016, 08:00 AM
I'm going on a short family vacation so I won't be around much the next couple of days. Keep me updated if anything important happens at camp

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2016, 10:18 AM
On the Broncos' website, it says Coming Up Training Camp 2016 Live, so it appears they will be showing it online.

Yes, they are now showing it live online

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2016, 11:10 AM
They have stopped showing anything until 2:00 PM today

Simple Jaded
07-28-2016, 11:12 AM
Started;

Okung at LT
Garcia at LG
Paradis at C
Sampro at RG
Stephenson at RT

Weems as 2nd string LT
Jefferson at LG
Day at C
Myers at RG
Schoefield at RT

Sampro is a G, he's just not athletic enough to compensate for pour length and strength. He got beat by speed and power last year, he missed 12 games because he injured HIMSELF on a pull where he didn't block anybody. T isn't a position where you say "meh, he's good enough", he's going to have to get a lot better to make it as a T.

Simple Jaded
07-28-2016, 11:27 AM
Stephenson balled out at LT against DeMarcus Ware before getting hurt last year, at the very least the Broncos are 3-deep with players that can play LT. Should be 4-deep, but who's counting?

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2016, 11:30 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 36m

Every Bronco on field except TE Manasseh Garner

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 51m

Crowd chanting MVP MVP as Von Miller ran out -#9news

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1h

Peyton Manning factor? Light camp opening crowd #9news

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 7m

#Broncos Todd Davis paired with Brandon Marshall in drills. Davis In line to start IMO. Had terrific OTAs and offseason.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 13m

#broncos go to team 11 on 11 drills. Russell Okung steps out as planned. Schofield takes place. Plan is to ease Okung in on progression plan

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 29m

#Broncos Talib out on practice field. Did some light lateral work. Hanging out w secondary. Ware appeared briefly and headed back inside

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 30m

#Broncos fittingly started training camp with Jay Z's "On To The Next One" blaring.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 53m

#Broncos Von Miller receives largest cheers from the crowd as players take the field. Chants of "MVP!"

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 59m

#Broncos QBs getting their reps in Thursday. As promised, Sanchez running with the 1s

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 16m

About 35 minutes into practice and linebacker Von Miller has gone with strength coach Luke Richesson to work in... http://es.pn/2ajEK56

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 33m

A little tough to see, but Broncos secondary coach Joe Woods has some of the defensive... http://es.pn/2ahdUtZ

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 55m

Mark Sanchez gets the first work at quarterback with the Broncos' starters on offense... http://es.pn/2agg9ux

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m

Derek Wolfe dominant in 1-on-1. Has blown past Sambrailo twice so far.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 6m

Siemian hits five of his first six passes in 7-on-7.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 8m

Impressed with how Eddie Yarbrough explodes off the edge. Made Kyle Roberts look bad in a 1-on-1 drill.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1h

First player on the field: Kalif Raymond.

Simple Jaded
07-28-2016, 11:46 AM

I took the Under.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2016, 11:55 AM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver now

Lorenzo Doss picks off Trevor Siemian in the team period -- pass intended for Cody Latimer near the left sideline.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 6m

Earlier in practice, NT David Moala did a nice job of bursting quickly off the snap before the O-lineman could get set to win 2 1-on-1 duels

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 8m

Seeing some good penetration into the backfield from Darius Kilgo and Jared Crick, working with the second team this morning.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 9m

Kapri Bibbs has picked up where he left off from his strong work in OTAs. He's reading the holes and cutting back beautifully today.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 9m

Devontae Booker seeing some team-period work ... Took a handoff from Sanchez, but the blocking wasn't there, ran into the back of Schofield.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 18m

Consistency will be the issue for Lynch. Has threaded the needle well, but missed some passes short and long.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m

Troy Renck Retweeted Denver7 News

No on Foles. And other updates #BroncosCamp

Troy Renck added,
Denver7 News @DenverChannel
#Broncos coach Kubiak says they’ll stick with current QBs, pass on Foles. See also who is close to returning: http://bit.ly/2acLXCv

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 18m

#Broncos Bradley Roby misses pick. Goes through hands as Sanders makes catch.

underrated29
07-28-2016, 11:57 AM
Honh honh honh ronnie. Bibbs is coming to take your spot.

Kapri Bibbs!

BroncoWave
07-28-2016, 12:00 PM
Honh honh honh ronnie. Bibbs is coming to take your spot.

Kapri Bibbs!

Just promise not to kill yourself when bibbs gets cut, ok? :D

underrated29
07-28-2016, 12:08 PM
Just promise not to kill yourself when bibbs gets cut, ok? :D

He wont be. He is markedly better than Ronald. You will see. It will be:

CJ
Booker
Bibbs
Janovich

MOtorboat
07-28-2016, 12:33 PM
Kari Bibbs: Training Camp warrior.

MOtorboat
07-28-2016, 12:38 PM
Hillman is going to start the season on the field in a spread set and UR is going to lose his mind.

underrated29
07-28-2016, 12:49 PM
Kari Bibbs: Training Camp warrior.

Care to bet me?
Last time you lost, you shall again, but I am game if you are

MOtorboat
07-28-2016, 12:51 PM
Care to bet me?
Last time you lost, you shall again, but I am game if you are

No. I don't really care that much.

Simple Jaded
07-28-2016, 01:04 PM
They should wait til final cuts and cut Hillman, he'll be available if there's an injury later in season.

BroncoWave
07-28-2016, 01:41 PM
I will bet you UR. What's the bet?

underrated29
07-28-2016, 01:45 PM
I will bet you UR. What's the bet?

Ummm. How about this:

Bibbs makes the team over hillman as far as the bet goes.
Exclusions:
If either player get injured (obviously)
If both make the team (please god no)

Compensation:
Loser buys the winner a drink??

NightTerror218
07-28-2016, 01:46 PM
Clady was still under contract.

But everyone knew clady would not be sticking around.

TXBRONC
07-28-2016, 01:49 PM
I have no doubts that is the line starting camp camp but Stephenson is nothing amazing and our young guys could push him and i doubt he would be cut. He would be a nice vet presence.

I don't disagree that Stephenson is anything special but he is versatile and experienced at both tackle positions.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-28-2016, 01:49 PM
But everyone knew clady would not be sticking around.

That's the consensus, but I was more hopeful he would stay than most. Imo, the writing wasn't on the wall until Okung was signed.

BroncoWave
07-28-2016, 01:52 PM
Ummm. How about this:

Bibbs makes the team over hillman as far as the bet goes.
Exclusions:
If either player get injured (obviously)
If both make the team (please god no)

Compensation:
Loser buys the winner a drink??

Dealio.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2016, 03:19 PM
They are live again on the Broncos' website. Looks like they are talking with Kapri right now

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2016, 03:24 PM
Kubes is talking now

NightTerror218
07-28-2016, 06:53 PM
I don't disagree that Stephenson is anything special but he is versatile and experienced at both tackle positions.

That is why he wont be cut but could be a swing back up to an oline so young a good vet is needed. Just saying he will be pushed by Sambrailo for RT.

TXBRONC
07-28-2016, 08:11 PM
That is why he wont be cut but could be a swing back up to an oline so young a good vet is needed. Just saying he will be pushed by Sambrailo for RT.

How is Sambrailo going to push him for starting right tackle when they're going to place him at guard?

Denver Native (Carol)
07-29-2016, 11:28 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3m3 minutes ago Dove Valley, CO

Von out there for 9 on 9 rush D work #9news
0 retweets 3 likes
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 21m21 minutes ago Dove Valley, CO

Bigger crowd today #9news

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1h1 hour ago

Sanchez impresses Kubiak in Day 1 of training camp
http://www.9news.com/sports/sanchez-impresses-kubiak-in-day-1-of-training-camp/283479246

Broncos notes: Emmanuel contract, Doss, Gotsis, appendicitis and roster move #9news #9sports
http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/broncos-notes-emmanuel-contract-doss-and-roster-move/283563404

Sanders drives to camp in style

(Sent from 9NEWS) #9news http://api.tegna-tv.com/video/play/1073002313635/73/progressive?subscription-key=ad03606241d049e0b478145b70de72e2 …

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 7m7 minutes ago

Jordan "Sunshine" Taylor ... ONE HANDED GRAB. From Sanchez. Deep left sideline. That may end up being the catch of the camp. Beat Nixon. WOW

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 8m8 minutes ago

Nice PD by Roby on a short route in the one-on-one period.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 8m8 minutes ago

Jordan Taylor with 2 outstanding grabs in one-on-one. Perfect route on a deep post froze B.J. Lowery, got him wide open for Siemian's pass.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 15m15 minutes ago

Von Miller taking part in 9-on-7 drills today.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1h1 hour ago

First player through the doors this morning: Russell Okung. In a jersey, he heads up to the weight room.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-29-2016, 02:26 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – NT Phil Taylor and NT Sylvester Williams both left practice on Friday morning during the second day of Broncos training camp.

Taylor got up slowly after suffering an injury during a team period with about 90 minutes left in practice.

“Little bit of a knee,” Head Coach Gary Kubiak said. “We’ll get an MRI [examination]. We’ll see what happened. I think Sly left the practice field today, [with a] shoulder. As always, those are camp things. We’ll give you a better answer probably tomorrow or this afternoon.”

The rest of the team finished practiced largely unscathed, except for one other minor injury.

“Donald [Stephenson] rolled his ankle,” Kubiak said. “He finished practice. He’s OK.”

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Phil-Taylor-and-Sylvester-Williams-leave-practice-with-injuries/b83f67ff-81ab-48c7-bb94-9ecf393d4c6a

Denver Native (Carol)
07-29-2016, 02:41 PM
EXCLUSIVE: Jordan Taylor's one-handed catch

Watch exclusive video of Jordan Taylor's one-handed catch from Day 2 of Broncos training camp.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/EXCLUSIVE-Jordan-Taylors-one-handed-catch/61fb917b-2dbf-47cc-8a3e-ced26762aca9

TXBRONC
07-29-2016, 03:05 PM
Is there any comments on how Lynch looked today?

NightTerror218
07-29-2016, 05:12 PM
How is Sambrailo going to push him for starting right tackle when they're going to place him at guard?

He was drafted at OT and placed there last year. He was suppose to be starting RT last year. He was up and down. This is year 2 where he should be much further along and better conditioned. Best 5 OL puts him at RG.

swaiy
07-29-2016, 05:36 PM
EXCLUSIVE: Jordan Taylor's one-handed catch

Watch exclusive video of Jordan Taylor's one-handed catch from Day 2 of Broncos training camp.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/EXCLUSIVE-Jordan-Taylors-one-handed-catch/61fb917b-2dbf-47cc-8a3e-ced26762aca9

Good Gawwwwd. That was a sweet catch. I bet that guy turns into a solid possession receiver.

TXBRONC
07-29-2016, 10:08 PM
He was drafted at OT and placed there last year. He was suppose to be starting RT last year. He was up and down. This is year 2 where he should be much further along and better conditioned. Best 5 OL puts him at RG.

I know he was drafted to be the starting right tackle. Personally, I think he would be better than Stephenson.

NightTerror218
07-29-2016, 10:40 PM
I know he was drafted to be the starting right tackle. Personally, I think he would be better than Stephenson.

I dont get people saying he cant be a tackle. He got owned a lot last year but he also had some of the beat pass rushers on the other side of line in his first few starts. And did not much much help from LG.

TXBRONC
07-29-2016, 11:05 PM
I dont get people saying he cant be a tackle. He got owned a lot last year but he also had some of the beat pass rushers on the other side of line in his first few starts. And did not much much help from LG.

Some people think he wasn't very good. It seems obvious to me that Kubiak thinks enough him find a position where he could possibly be a starter.

Simple Jaded
07-30-2016, 01:23 PM
He was drafted to be a LT eventually, just as Schoefield was drafted to be the RT, the two never got on the field together. Old af Ryan Harris was better than both of them and four games into Sampro career the Broncos replaced him twice in one offseason.

Btw, I do think he can play LT, he's just a far better fit at G because he's got Joe Thomas arms/reach and a 10th of his athleticism/skill. People got carried away thinking he's such a great athlete because he can do backflips on skis, well he's a great athlete for a skier but pretty average for a 311lb OL.

He has to get a lot better if he's the future at LT and a lot tougher/stronger if he's moving inside.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-30-2016, 07:16 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 29m

Pads on Sunday. Helps in Oline evaluation. Schofield been working at guard and tackle. Versatility good thing for non-starters. #Denver7

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 38m

#Broncos Gotsis "you really get good feedback from (DLine guys). It's helped"

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 40m

#Broncos Gotsis on getting back to work "knee is not 100 percent yet but getting there. I am probably 90-95" #Denver7

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 43m

Talked briefly with Sly Williams tonight. Shoulder doing well. #Broncos #Denver7

Troy Renck Retweeted
Denver7 News ‏@DenverChannel 1h1 hour ago

Day 3: CB Kayvon Webster impresses; Taylor, Williams should be back soon: http://bit.ly/2acx1lW
- @TroyRenck

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2h

#Broncos Sly Williams going through drills at walk through. Shoulder improved. Phil Taylor watching. Could practice Sunday #Denver7

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2h

#Broncos Gary Kubiak selected by Texas A&M University as a 2016 Lifetime Achievement Award recipient. Well-deserved

QB competition remains as Mark Sanchez, Trevor Siemian split reps on Day 3
Paxton Lynch delivers TD against third-stringers
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/qb-competition-remains-as-mark-sanchez-trevor-siemian-split-reps-on-day-3

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 6h

#Broncos Todd Davis on being in pads "it's finally football".Davis is starter w Marshall moving to Trevathan's spot

#Broncos Kubiak said Hillman and Bibbs both will play on special teams. Have different roles but it will be part of the evaluation

#Broncos Kubiak said Sanchez and Siemian doing well. Takes 8 days for install of offense. Wants them to play faster

#Broncos Kubiak singled out Webster for strong play. #Denver7

#Broncos Kubiak said Sly Williams should practice in a few days and Phil Taylor could be back Sunday

#Broncos Kubiak said Gotsis, Von and Okung increased activity. Hopes full go by mid next week. #Denver7

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 7h

#Broncos Lynch throws TD pass to Kalif Raymond. Love Lynch's enthusiasm. Ran to the end zone to greet Raymond

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 7h

#Broncos DT Adam Gotsis getting reps in team drills. Good sign in recovery his from knee surgery

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 8h

#Broncos Kapri Bibbs on punt coverage. Smart move. More can do more chance to make team

#Broncos Siemian makes nice throw on run to Mose Frazier #Denver7

#Broncos Vance Walker filling in at nose tackle for Sly Williams #Denver7

#Broncos Mark Sanchez running with first team early in drills. Nice read on pass to CJ Anderson

Denver Native (Carol)
07-30-2016, 07:18 PM
Bronco notes: Receiver overload; Kayvon steps up

http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/bronco-notes-receiver-overload-kayvon-steps-up/284579289

Simple Jaded
07-30-2016, 10:00 PM
I wanna see Webster make it at CB because Scout wannabe Cecil Lammey says it'll never happen.

Joel
07-31-2016, 06:21 AM
What he and Okung bring to the table there shouldn't be underestimated. McGoverns comments about getting the lowdown from guys like Paradis and Garcia (who have 2 NFL active roster seasons BETWEEN them) demonstrate that.

This is a place we may really miss Clady; he may have just missed Kubiaks last Denver tenure, but Shanny was still running the same ZBS scheme, and our young linemen could greatly benefit from an All Pro LT with nearly a decades starting experience in 4 (or at least 3) different coaching regimes. I'm fully confident in Dennisons line coaching, but he can't be in the huddle and at the line with our young starting blockers, and Manning won't be either.

I wanna see Webster make it at CB because Scout wannabe Cecil Lammey says it'll never happen.
It's often overlooked because of circumstances and what soon followed, but his insta-kill in punt coverage to pin Camolina inside their 20 was the beginning of what became VonWare's strip-sack-TD three plays later. The way our offense was last year, there's a good chance even an average punt return makes that just another FG.

I STILL think Webster's part of our starting CB trio in 2017, and not just because $12M is too high a price for 30-year-old at a speed position, especially when his physical and often DIRTY play combined with his penchant for gun play keep him sidelined much of the season.

TXBRONC
07-31-2016, 07:08 AM

Lammey is insightful times but other times not so much.

Spiritguy
07-31-2016, 12:54 PM
Hope it's not too serious. :listen:

https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/status/759798881756381185

Spiritguy
07-31-2016, 12:57 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Though nose tackles Sylvester Williams (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster/sylvester-williams/1abac565-2d5e-4051-963c-e71bd515f5f2/) and Phil Taylor were again held out of practice Saturday after suffering a knee and shoulder injury, respectively, Head Coach Gary Kubiak said both linemen were expected to return Sunday or soon afterward.

Williams left practice Friday with a shoulder injury and Taylor left with a minor knee injury. Taylor was able to walk off the field under his own power with a member of the training staff. Each got an MRI as precaution.

"MRIs on both of them are fine," Kubiak said. "Actually, we thought Phil might be back today, but I think you could possibly see Phil tomorrow. Sly might be another day, but they're both fine."

​http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Injury-Update-Sylvester-Williams-Phil-Taylor-near-return-to-field/6601de7d-9638-422a-b5be-d5a55d782e1b

Spiritguy
07-31-2016, 02:02 PM
https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/759805066232500228

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/759794127420522496

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/759782476688437248

Spiritguy
07-31-2016, 02:07 PM
https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/status/759790640494358530

https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/759783569338175490

https://twitter.com/TroyRenck/status/759806432342487040

Denver Native (Carol)
07-31-2016, 03:38 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2h2 hours ago Dove Valley, CO

Camp crowd was 4,741 - largest of year #9news

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3h3 hours ago Dove Valley, CO

Gary Kubiak said Sam Brenner did suffer concussion -- caught up in pile and fell face down. Brenner was talking #9news

Sanchez is heating up -- hit Norwood ion nice middle pattern #9news

Sanchez just hit Cody Latimer deep right. Latimer burned Roby #9news

Beautiful left rollout flag route completion Sanchez to Bennie Fowler #9news

Kubiak just gathered the troops guessing to tell them to knock it off #9news

Huge pileup fight started by Ferentz and Nelson #9news

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 4h4 hours ago Dove Valley, CO

Sanchez again with first team

Ronnie Hillman ran into locker room after he was popped by Zaire Anderson. #9news

BJ Lowery just picked off Paxton Lynch #9news

James Ferentz and Corey Nelson push and shove #9news

Siemian in on second team -- nice back shoulder pass to Jordan Taylor #9news

Sanchez first team QB for 11 on 11 #9news

No joke Paxton Lynch just hit Durron Neal on go route down middle. (Neal made nice catch while double covered) #9news

TJ Ward is observing and giving official guff for his inconsistent flag work #9news

During 7 in 7 Paxton Lynch hit Kalif Raymond on go route right then on next play hit Mose Frazier on go route left #9news

Paxton Lynch just repped with first team O line All running plays 9 on 7 #9news

With Matt Paradis out, James Ferentz snapping center for both first team and third #9news

Michael Schofield took first team reps at LT and now second team reps at RT #9news

Mark Sanchez now running second team #9news

RB Kapri Bubbs got a first-team carry #9news

They are poppin. Von Miller just popped Devontae Booker #9news

Trevor Siemian getting first, first-team reps #9news

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 5h5 hours ago Dove Valley, CO

10 players getting vet days off-DT, Sanders, Green, Paradis, Wolfe, Sly, Harris, Marshall, Ward, Stewart #9news

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 5h5 hours ago Dove Valley, CO

Largest crowd of camp -- full pad day #9news

Denver Native (Carol)
07-31-2016, 03:41 PM
ENGLEWOOD—It was a day to write up Mark Sanchez.

“Oh yeah? You’ve got some extra ink you need to get rid of?’’ he joked as he passed by.

In the back-and-forth training camp competition between Sanchez and Trevor Siemian, the veteran may have had the first day of separation.

rest - http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/sanchez-makes-move-in-qb-battle-with-hot-passing/284729825

DenBronx
07-31-2016, 04:03 PM
I'd like to see that clip of Von Miller hitting Booker.

VonDoom
07-31-2016, 06:17 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 22m22 minutes ago

Broncos place NT Phil Taylor on injured reserve, sign DE Billy Winn

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 21m21 minutes ago

Taylor injured his knee during Friday's practice.

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 18m18 minutes ago

Winn played 12 games for the Colts last season. #Broncos could re-call Taylor from injured reserve later this season if they wish.

TXBRONC
07-31-2016, 07:22 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 22m22 minutes ago

Broncos place NT Phil Taylor on injured reserve, sign DE Billy Winn

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 21m21 minutes ago

Taylor injured his knee during Friday's practice.

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 18m18 minutes ago

Winn played 12 games for the Colts last season. #Broncos could re-call Taylor from injured reserve later this season if they wish.

I think someone said after he was signed that his knees are shot.

NightTerror218
07-31-2016, 09:51 PM

I think that is why the former 1st roundwr what cheap

Simple Jaded
07-31-2016, 10:58 PM
What he and Okung bring to the table there shouldn't be underestimated. McGoverns comments about getting the lowdown from guys like Paradis and Garcia (who have 2 NFL active roster seasons BETWEEN them) demonstrate that.

This is a place we may really miss Clady; he may have just missed Kubiaks last Denver tenure, but Shanny was still running the same ZBS scheme, and our young linemen could greatly benefit from an All Pro LT with nearly a decades starting experience in 4 (or at least 3) different coaching regimes. I'm fully confident in Dennisons line coaching, but he can't be in the huddle and at the line with our young starting blockers, and Manning won't be either.

It's often overlooked because of circumstances and what soon followed, but his insta-kill in punt coverage to pin Camolina inside their 20 was the beginning of what became VonWare's strip-sack-TD three plays later. The way our offense was last year, there's a good chance even an average punt return makes that just another FG.

I STILL think Webster's part of our starting CB trio in 2017, and not just because $12M is too high a price for 30-year-old at a speed position, especially when his physical and often DIRTY play combined with his penchant for gun play keep him sidelined much of the season.

Webster is dangerously close to getting pigeonholed into the David Bruton ST's ace role, being part of the '17 CB tandem is only if he's extended a contract after this (his final) year.

As for Talib, ******* give it a rest, already. You don't like him, we get it, we ALL GET IT, but until the day Talib is no longer any good you'll just come off as biased and a ridiculous Polyanna goodie-2-*******-shoes. It pathetic.

Simple Jaded
07-31-2016, 11:11 PM
Lammey is insightful times but other times not so much.

I used to really look forward to his show but he takes himself entirely too seriously these days.

Joel
07-31-2016, 11:21 PM
Webster is dangerously close to getting pigeonholed into the David Bruton ST's ace role, being part of the '17 CB tandem is only if he's extended a contract after this (his final) year.
Yeah, I keep meaning to pop into that signing thread and mark Webster off as one of the guys I really hope we can extend. One big reason is that...

As for Talib, ******* give it a rest, already. You don't like him, we get it, we ALL GET IT, but until the day Talib is no longer any good you'll just come off as biased and a ridiculous Polyanna goodie-2-*******-shoes. It pathetic.
Take my personal opinion out of the equation: Is a 31-year-old at a speed position worth $12M? When his style of play and on/offfield extracurriculars regularly keep him sidelined due to injury or suspension? Roby's a LOT more appealing option, especially for the long term. We'd have to "find" someone to cover #3 WRs, but it's not like Webster's a bum; the only reason he's not ALREADY part of our starting trio is that Roby's just that good and there are only so many spots.

Extending Webster (and Roby next year) would lock up the NFLs best starting CB trio until 2020 and CHEAP. Even with $2M in dead money, cutting Talib next offseason would save $10M to pay Sanders; if we lose our clutch go-to WR for a guy on the downside of his career who can't even stay on the field I'll be more than a little upset. Champ Bailey was done after 34, and he was a first ballot HoFer who wasn't nearly the headache and didn't miss nearly as many games as Talib at 30.

Simple Jaded
07-31-2016, 11:24 PM
I plan on waiting til this season plays out before I start dumping players based on what I think I know.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-31-2016, 11:25 PM
Billy Winn, sweet. He has been productive every year. Detroit fans were perplexed the Lions didn't bring him back. He should do well in Wade's system and provide good depth.

Simple Jaded
07-31-2016, 11:28 PM
I plan on waiting til this season plays out before I start dumping players based on what I think I know.

And btw, this includes Webster, he may be the Next Revis Island but I don't know at this point. I've seen nothing to support this, nothing to support the motion that he'd be part of "the best CB trio in the league", and neither have you.

Simple Jaded
07-31-2016, 11:54 PM
Winn apparently had rotator cuff surgery late December, that's probably why he's still available this late.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-01-2016, 12:01 AM
Winn apparently had rotator cuff surgery late December, that's probably why he's still available this late.

Maybe so; I think he was signed late last year too (only played 10 games?), but I read he was one of the most productive guys in their rotation.

Simple Jaded
08-01-2016, 02:13 AM
Maybe so; I think he was signed late last year too (only played 10 games?), but I read he was one of the most productive guys in their rotation.

He went on IR in December so he's probably just now getting cleared to play.

I had that surgery in early January and wasn't allowed to do shit for a couple months, he's most likely not the finely tuned athalete that I am but I imagine his Dr took a similar approach to rehab. I didn't start bowling until October, but again, I'm a warrior.

Joel
08-01-2016, 02:38 AM
And btw, this includes Webster, he may be the Next Revis Island but I don't know at this point. I've seen nothing to support this, nothing to support the motion that he'd be part of "the best CB trio in the league", and neither have you.
He looked good as a rookie; made the usual rookie errors, but no more than most and less than many, and the physical ability was there. I don't know if all the folks raving about his sophomore camp were just the usual offseason fluff or not. Yet the official word is that Webster was penciled in as our #3 CB on Opening Day 2014 until sidelined by illness, which promoted Roby, who proceeded to SHUTDOWN a first ballot HoFer all game; "the rest is history."

One of the stories Carol linked on Webster THIS camp compared him to Wally Pipp, arguing that just because Gehrig was Gehrig doesn't mean Pipp wasn't a fine player in his own right. The Yankees could afford both, but MLB doesn't have a salary cap. ;)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-01-2016, 08:25 AM
He went on IR in December so he's probably just now getting cleared to play.

I had that surgery in early January and wasn't allowed to do shit for a couple months, he's most likely not the finely tuned athalete that I am but I imagine his Dr took a similar approach to rehab. I didn't start bowling until October, but again, I'm a warrior.
A real man would have bowled with his off hand, the day of the operation.

VonDoom
08-01-2016, 10:42 AM
I'm catching up on some articles from when I was away. I didn't see this posted here - MMQB at Bronco camp last week:

That Sanchez was given the opportunity to address the group so soon into his tenure in Denver, which promises to be overshadowed with the eventual succession of rookie first-rounder Paxton Lynch, speaks to Kubiak’s brutal honesty. No need to sugarcoat it:

Peyton’s gone. This is your quarterback, for now. Get on board.

And from the sounds of it, the players who form the strength of the Broncos, the core of football’s best defense, needed little convincing.

“We feel like we don’t care if George Bush was playing quarterback—we’re going to win because you can’t score,” says safety T.J. Ward. “You can’t score, you can’t win. That’s our mentality.

“So, you want to come play quarterback for the Denver Broncos? That’s how we feel—it doesn’t matter who’s back there. We’re going to carry this team, and we’re going to get it done like we did last year.”

“I think it was a surprise [to see Brock leave] because we weren’t expecting it, but I can see why,” says Roby. “I talked to Brock during the season and during the playoffs when he wasn’t playing. I can tell he wasn’t necessarily happy. He played seven games, got us into the playoffs and now he’s not playing? I mean, it’s Peyton Manning—it is what it is. That year was meant to go that way.”

“We drafted two young safeties,” Ward says, “and I’m going to give them all the information I have. I want to see them be the best they can be, and when it’s my time to go, it’s my time to go. Until I’m done, you’re not going to be better than me. I can tell you everything in the world, but can you do it? Do you have the heart, the work ethic?

“Shit, if you beat me out, it’s time for me to retire. If somebody younger than me comes and beats me at my job, it’s time for me to stop playing. That’s how things are done in a winning organization, a championship organization.”

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/07/27/nfl-denver-broncos-super-bowl-defense-training-camp-opens

VonDoom
08-01-2016, 10:48 AM
Also from MMQB, Andy Benoit with ten thoughts on the champs. Lots of good stuff here:

3. Having three lockdown corners in Aqib Talib, Chris Harris and Bradley Roby is Denver’s greatest asset because it allows imaginative defensive coordinator Wade Phillips to do whatever he wants with his front seven. In the Super Bowl, Phillips played these three corners along with just one safety, leaving all of his base front seven defenders on the field, even when the Panthers were in three-receiver sets. The heavier box destroyed Carolina’s ground game. (By the way, the other time Denver did this three-corner package was its Week 8 demolition of the Packers.) You can only play this way if you trust your corners to win one-on-one. Many NFL teams don’t even have one corner who can be trusted to this degree. Even more impressive is that, while Talib, Harris and Roby are superb man defenders, they’re also proficient in zone. Talib can be sloppy here at times, but he’s so dangerous breaking on balls from off-coverage that QBs still have to think twice about him. Harris’s spatial awareness is second to none. And Roby is fast evolving into a second coming of Harris.

5. Jackson will be missed, but not linebacker Danny Trevathan. That’s not to say Trevathan isn’t a fine player. But on passing downs the Broncos are a dime defense; they play one ’backer and three safeties. Brandon Marshall is that one backer. That’s why he’s the one John Elway re-signed.

7. It matters who starts at quarterback for Denver, but not as much as it would in a scheme other than Gary Kubiak’s. We haven’t yet seen Kubiak’s scheme in full bloom here (Peyton Manning factor), but suffice to say it’s predicated on outside zone runs, moving pocket play-action and either/or half-field reads involving crossing patterns. All these tactics can help hide a quarterback.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/08/01/nfl-denver-broncos-2016-preview-scouting-report-tj-ward

TXBRONC
08-01-2016, 11:55 AM
I don't agree with the idea that Kubiak's offensive system can "hide" a quarterback.

Mike
08-01-2016, 12:28 PM
I don't agree with the idea that Kubiak's offensive system can "hide" a quarterback.

It may need to this year....

Slick
08-01-2016, 12:35 PM

:welcome:

VonDoom
08-01-2016, 12:42 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 7m7 minutes ago

Kubiak said Ty Sambrailo may miss a few days. Seemed to hyperextend his elbow

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

#Broncos Walker strained his back. Hopes to be back on Wednesday

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 4m4 minutes ago

Kubiak on QBs: "I thought offensively we play really good and then we hit these lull periods....Said Paxton is "really, really stepping up."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 19s19 seconds ago

#Broncos Von miller looks ready, Phillips said. "He's the highest paid because he plays like that. He wants to lead." #Denver7

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-01-2016, 12:53 PM

I don't think the FBI could have hid Manning last year.

TXBRONC
08-01-2016, 02:13 PM
It may need to this year....

Even on a team that is going to run 50% of the time the quarterback is still has to make plays.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-01-2016, 04:54 PM
Day 5 of Broncos camp saw the team go full pads for the second straight day before a Tuesday off day. NFL reporter Cameron Wolfe offers 10 takeaways from Monday’s session.

1. Emmanuel Sanders wants a new contract, that’s no secret. But the Broncos’ explosive receiver is performing at top-level and not holding anything back so far in training camp. Monday was his best day yet, he seemed to be on the back-end of nearly every touchdown pass.

Sanders beat cornerback Bradley Roby during seven-on-seven drills on a fade route for six on a perfectly placed pass from quarterback Mark Sanchez. The next session he caught Trevor Siemian’s best ball of the day in the back of the end zone. He immediately got up and high-fived the crowd pumping them up.

He definitely hasn’t hurt his case for a big-money contract extension.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/01/emmanuel-sanders-surprise-kick-returner-and-8-more-observations-from-day-5-of-broncos-camp/

Denver Native (Carol)
08-01-2016, 05:23 PM
On and off the field, Von Miller is still Von Miller. After just five days of training camp, the Broncos all-pro outside linebacker is right on the cusp of full game shape and his swagger has never left.

“Still the Ferrari,” Miller said about his leaner body. “It’s just the 2016 sport version. It still does the exact same stuff. It’s got some better features. Zero to 60 probably a little bit faster.”

Miller showed off his speed and bull rush during individual drills Monday with some predictable success. He’s in good shape and said he ends every practice feeling like he can do more.

Defensive coordinator Wade Phillips isn’t worried about his star linebacker.

“Von’s ready to go,” Phillips said.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/01/von-miller-2016-ferrari/

NightTerror218
08-01-2016, 06:01 PM
Kyle Peko DT got shot with #2 defense. I am pulling for this guy. Tweet said he was getting good penetration and deflected sanchez pass.

MOtorboat
08-01-2016, 06:06 PM
Kyle Peko DT got shot with #2 defense. I am pulling for this guy. Tweet said he was getting good penetration and deflected sanchez pass.

I hope he's OK.

NightTerror218
08-01-2016, 06:14 PM
I hope he's OK.

With Phil Taylor injured that may open the door for him. Good guy, leader in college.

GEM
08-01-2016, 06:18 PM
My dad went down today...he said Sanchez looks like a hot pile of shit. :laugh: He agreed with a lot of reports I've seen out there that Simien is better. He said Lynch's size is impressive and he has a nice touch to his passes. He was gaga over Booker and CJ. He said DT was again having some dropped pass issues today. DT, while I love him, can be so frustrating.

BroncoWave
08-01-2016, 07:08 PM
I hope he's OK.

I see what you did there.

Mike
08-01-2016, 07:16 PM
Even on a team that is going to run 50% of the time the quarterback is still has to make plays.

Which makes me worry that Denver may be in trouble this year.

I really dislike Sanchez and think he will be as bad as Orton was. To win this year, I think Denver's defense may need to outscore the offense or hold the other team to 6 or less...maybe both.

Davii
08-01-2016, 07:21 PM
I hope he's OK.

Not to mention the rest of the #2 D

DenBronx
08-01-2016, 07:28 PM
I just wish we could have signed Fitzpatrick. He already knows Kubiaks system and is playing better than ever.

TXBRONC
08-01-2016, 07:34 PM
My dad went down today...he said Sanchez looks like a hot pile of shit. :laugh: He agreed with a lot of reports I've seen out there that Simien is better. He said Lynch's size is impressive and he has a nice touch to his passes. He was gaga over Booker and CJ. He said DT was again having some dropped pass issues today. DT, while I love him, can be so frustrating.

I'm sure he's still making plenty of rookie mistakes but from the sounds of it he's showing off that big arm of his.

TXBRONC
08-01-2016, 07:36 PM
I just wish we could have signed Fitzpatrick. He already knows Kubiaks system and is playing better than ever.

Is Denver paying Sanchez the same kind of money that the Jets are paying Fitzpatrick?

VonDoom
08-01-2016, 07:47 PM
Is Denver paying Sanchez the same kind of money that the Jets are paying Fitzpatrick?

We're paying Sanchez 4.5 million; the Jets are paying Fitzpatrick 12 million. Fitz had a career year last year but I can't imagine he will be that good again

TXBRONC
08-01-2016, 08:25 PM
Which makes me worry that Denver may be in trouble this year.

I really dislike Sanchez and think he will be as bad as Orton was. To win this year, I think Denver's defense may need to outscore the offense or hold the other team to 6 or less...maybe both.

That in and of itself doesn't worry me if their run to pass ratio is 50-50 or there abouts. If the running game is improved that will take pressure off the defense.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-01-2016, 08:42 PM
Eddie Mac was on Xfinity Monday Live tonight, and said a lot of good things about Mark Sanchez.

Simple Jaded
08-01-2016, 08:46 PM
A real man would have bowled with his off hand, the day of the operation.

They gave me some pretty good drugs, don't judge me.

Simple Jaded
08-01-2016, 08:54 PM
He looked good as a rookie; made the usual rookie errors, but no more than most and less than many, and the physical ability was there. I don't know if all the folks raving about his sophomore camp were just the usual offseason fluff or not. Yet the official word is that Webster was penciled in as our #3 CB on Opening Day 2014 until sidelined by illness, which promoted Roby, who proceeded to SHUTDOWN a first ballot HoFer all game; "the rest is history."

One of the stories Carol linked on Webster THIS camp compared him to Wally Pipp, arguing that just because Gehrig was Gehrig doesn't mean Pipp wasn't a fine player in his own right. The Yankees could afford both, but MLB doesn't have a salary cap. ;)
So you heard/read that he's Wally Pip, the Broncos thought so much about his play that they've been drafting/signing CB's every year since.

BroncoWave
08-01-2016, 09:19 PM
I have no idea what to make of Sanchez based off what I've heard. All the reports have ranged from "he looks solid" to "he's garbage". Everyone seems to have a different opinion.

Simple Jaded
08-01-2016, 09:23 PM
I have no idea what to make of Sanchez based off what I've heard. All the reports have ranged from "he looks solid" to "he's garbage". Everyone seems to have a different opinion.

The radio talks about how great he's looking today, last week he dropped down to playing with the 2's after an Int, we'll see about tomorrow.

NightTerror218
08-01-2016, 10:11 PM
The radio talks about how great he's looking today, last week he dropped down to playing with the 2's after an Int, we'll see about tomorrow.

I have heard that Lynch has been looking really good last two days. Butterflies have settled. And he has the best deep ball of the group.

TXBRONC
08-01-2016, 11:25 PM
I have heard that Lynch has been looking really good last two days. Butterflies have settled. And he has the best deep ball of the group.

That's what I've hearing. Not to be wet blanket but he is going up against the 3rd stringers. That's not a criticism, if he were struggling against the 3rd stringers that would be worrisome. I'm curious to see what happens when he goes up against the 2nd string and then finally the 1st team.

Joel
08-02-2016, 01:47 AM
It not only can, but frequently HAS. The problem is you can't hide forever, because opposing DCs eventually get enough tape to get WISE to the tricks, no matter how good or how many those tricks are. Griese made a Pro Bowl before teams figured out he was helpless without a pocket; so did Plummer before teams figured out he was helpless WITH a pocket. Schaub made TWO Pro Bowls before teams figured out that if they made him read coverage and beat defenders, he couldn't.

The difference is none of those guys had the kind of physical ability Lynch reportedly does. MAYBE Plummer, but running for his life with the Cardinals when they'd sucked since forever permanently ruined whatever psychological potential he may (or may not... ) have ever had. At his best, he was frustrated by Shanny and Kubes forcing him to give up sandlot ball for disciplined passing; at his worst he was just frantic.

Lynch provides Kubiak a blank slate with (supposedly) all the tools, which could work out VERY well for us. Steve Young and John Elway well.

TXBRONC
08-02-2016, 08:18 AM
We're paying Sanchez 4.5 million; the Jets are paying Fitzpatrick 12 million. Fitz had a career year last year but I can't imagine he will be that good again

I don't see him having another year like that.

TXBRONC
08-02-2016, 08:32 AM
It not only can, but frequently HAS. The problem is you can't hide forever, because opposing DCs eventually get enough tape to get WISE to the tricks, no matter how good or how many those tricks are. Griese made a Pro Bowl before teams figured out he was helpless without a pocket; so did Plummer before teams figured out he was helpless WITH a pocket. Schaub made TWO Pro Bowls before teams figured out that if they made him read coverage and beat defenders, he couldn't.

The difference is none of those guys had the kind of physical ability Lynch reportedly does. MAYBE Plummer, but running for his life with the Cardinals when they'd sucked since forever permanently ruined whatever psychological potential he may (or may not... ) have ever had. At his best, he was frustrated by Shanny and Kubes forcing him to give up sandlot ball for disciplined passing; at his worst he was just frantic.

Lynch provides Kubiak a blank slate with (supposedly) all the tools, which could work out VERY well for us. Steve Young and John Elway well.

No, you can not hide a quarterback. Beating teams that are not capable of exploiting a weak quarterback doesn't mean anything has been hidden.

BroncoJoe
08-02-2016, 09:49 AM
I can't imagine Sanchez doing any worse than what we had last year. I think our QB's were ranked 31st.

Plus, with Kubiak at the helm, I think he'll coach the hell out of Mark. He'll be just fine.

BroncoWave
08-02-2016, 09:53 AM
I can't imagine Sanchez doing any worse than what we had last year. I think our QB's were ranked 31st.

Plus, with Kubiak at the helm, I think he'll coach the hell out of Mark. He'll be just fine.

I think the leadership void at the QB position is a much bigger question mark than the level of play. We saw last year in week 17 that despite Manning's poor play, his leadership, knowing what the defense will be doing, knowing where to put everyone pre-snap, etc, made a pretty big impact on the team. Maybe Sanchez plays a little better, but that might not necessarily make up for the loss of Manning's knowledge and leadership. That remains to be seen.

Traveler
08-02-2016, 10:21 AM
How many here would be on board with Kubiak starting Lynch during the second quarter of the season? Let him learn by baptism under fire.

Mike
08-02-2016, 10:23 AM

It can always get worse and I expect it will.

BroncoJoe
08-02-2016, 10:27 AM
I think the leadership void at the QB position is a much bigger question mark than the level of play. We saw last year in week 17 that despite Manning's poor play, his leadership, knowing what the defense will be doing, knowing where to put everyone pre-snap, etc, made a pretty big impact on the team. Maybe Sanchez plays a little better, but that might not necessarily make up for the loss of Manning's knowledge and leadership. That remains to be seen.

Agree, but I'm not sure any QB would have that kind of impact. At least this year.

It can always get worse and I expect it will.

I'm hoping it won't, but can't say with any confidence either way. We could do worse than Sanchez, IMO.

TXBRONC
08-02-2016, 10:43 AM
How many here would be on board with Kubiak starting Lynch during the second quarter of the season? Let him learn by baptism under fire.

I don't think that would a good idea. If the team is winning and Sanchez or Siemian is playing well how does Kubiak sell that to the team?

underrated29
08-02-2016, 12:02 PM
I don't think that would a good idea. If the team is winning and Sanchez or Siemian is playing well how does Kubiak sell that to the team?

This is where I am at as well.
If Lynch is out performing these guys, then fine, but realistically imo, we have an even better shot to repeat again. I am going to assume that the vets will be better to lead us to the top of the mountain then the rook.

BroncoWave
08-02-2016, 12:10 PM

It all depends on our record and how Sanchez is playing. If we start 0-4 or 1-3 or something and Sanchez or Simean is shitting the bed, then maybe you start to think about it then. But we've made the mistake before of torpedoing a playoff run by bringing in the shiny new rookie before he was really ready. I'd prefer not to see that scenario play out again.

MOtorboat
08-02-2016, 12:36 PM
I'll preface this with my opinion that Sanchez could have a Plummer bumpunder Kubiak and that I like Sanchez and think he gets shit on a little unnecessarily from the outcome of one play.

But...
Sanchez's best season: 308-543, 56.7%, 3,474, 26, 18, 78.2
Broncos QBs last season: 368-608, 60.7%, 4,219, 19, 23, 76.3

slim
08-02-2016, 12:41 PM
I'll preface this with my opinion that Sanchez could have a Plummer bumpunder Kubiak and that I like Sanchez and think he gets shit on a little unnecessarily from the outcome of one play.

But...
Sanchez's best season: 308-543, 56.7%, 3,474, 26, 18, 78.2
Broncos QBs last season: 368-608, 60.7%, 4,219, 19, 23, 76.3

To illustrate the Plummer bump.
Plummer's best season in AZ: 304-525, 57.9, 3,653, 18, 14, 79.6
Plummer's first season in Den: 189-302, 62.6, 2,182, 15, 7, 91.2 (only played 11 games).

Davii
08-02-2016, 12:43 PM
It all depends on our record and how Sanchez is playing. If we start 0-4 or 1-3 or something and Sanchez or Simean is shitting the bed, then maybe you start to think about it then. But we've made the mistake before of torpedoing a playoff run by bringing in the shiny new rookie before he was really ready. I'd prefer not to see that scenario play out again.

If Sanchez plays like Orton did in his last year here then I think that could be a real possibility.

MOtorboat
08-02-2016, 12:45 PM
To illustrate the Plummer bump.
Plummer's best season in AZ: 304-525, 57.9, 3,653, 18, 14, 79.6
Plummer's first season in Den: 189-302, 62.6, 2,182, 15, 7, 91.2 (only played 11 games).

Which is not as big of a bump as I had remembered.

slim
08-02-2016, 12:50 PM
Which is not as big of a bump as I had remembered.

It's a pretty significant increase in efficiency.

slim
08-02-2016, 12:52 PM
I mean, we could live with a 2/1 TD/Int ratio and a 92 rating, right?

MOtorboat
08-02-2016, 12:55 PM
I mean, we could live with a 2/1 TD/Int ratio and a 92 rating, right?

I hope we throw for more than 2,900 yards and 21 touchdowns. That small of production, even if there are only 10 interceptions, is just way too low.

slim
08-02-2016, 01:00 PM
I hope we throw for more than 2,900 yards and 21 touchdowns. That small of production, even if there are only 10 interceptions, is just way too low.

Well, for 16 games it would be closer to 3,200 yards and 22 TDs. But yeah, it would be nice to have a little more.

They really want to run the ball, though. I am hearing that the OL has been opening huge holes in the running game.

TXBRONC
08-02-2016, 01:01 PM
I think what Kubiakwill be looking for is for about 3,500 yards, 25 td and a completion percetage around 60.

BroncoWave
08-02-2016, 01:17 PM
If Sanchez plays like Orton did in his last year here then I think that could be a real possibility.

I think our defense this year is a little better than our defense that year was, but your point is well taken. To be honest, it's going to be hard to repeat all of the late-game turnovers our D produced to save games last year. There were at least 3-4 games that we won that would have been losses if not for the D forcing a turnover in like the last minute. Having that happen that many times in one season is just unheard of. So if we don't get that kind of late-game luck again this season, some of those games that were close wins last year could be close losses this year.

Then you also have to factor in all of the unknown variables like how motivated guys will be after now having a ring, and how we will get every team's best shot with us being the champs. Then there is also injury luck, an area in which we were EXTREMELY fortunate last season, and another really hard thing to duplicate.

Honestly, I could see us finishing anywhere between like 6-10 and 12-4 and no result in that range would really shock me. There are just a million different ways I could see this season going depending on how the QB play pans out and if the defense can sustain their level from last year.

Davii
08-02-2016, 02:05 PM
I think our defense this year is a little better than our defense that year was, but your point is well taken. To be honest, it's going to be hard to repeat all of the late-game turnovers our D produced to save games last year. There were at least 3-4 games that we won that would have been losses if not for the D forcing a turnover in like the last minute. Having that happen that many times in one season is just unheard of. So if we don't get that kind of late-game luck again this season, some of those games that were close wins last year could be close losses this year.

Then you also have to factor in all of the unknown variables like how motivated guys will be after now having a ring, and how we will get every team's best shot with us being the champs. Then there is also injury luck, an area in which we were EXTREMELY fortunate last season, and another really hard thing to duplicate.

Honestly, I could see us finishing anywhere between like 6-10 and 12-4 and no result in that range would really shock me. There are just a million different ways I could see this season going depending on how the QB play pans out and if the defense can sustain their level from last year.

Now, flip side, silver lining type thinking: We were NOT extremely fortunate last year in games we barely squeaked by with wins... Nope... In each of those games the defense handed the offense great field position and many opportunities that were wasted.... The OTHER team was fortunate that our offense wasn't worth a damn or they would've been blown out...

I like your bold prediction. :lol: We might got 16-0, we might 0-16, we may or may not make the playoffs, most likely go somewhere between 0-16 and 16-0.

underrated29
08-02-2016, 02:26 PM
Now, flip side, silver lining type thinking: We were NOT extremely fortunate last year in games we barely squeaked by with wins... Nope... In each of those games the defense handed the offense great field position and many opportunities that were wasted.... The OTHER team was fortunate that our offense wasn't worth a damn or they would've been blown out...

I like your bold prediction. :lol: We might got 16-0, we might 0-16, we may or may not make the playoffs, most likely go somewhere between 0-16 and 16-0.

Now, the part that keeps getting overlooked. Our offense was god awful last year! 3/16 on Third Downs. Putting the defense in the position that it has to make those plays to win the game for us. That wont happen again this year, true. Why? Not because the D wont be able to do it, but because the offense will actually be able to score. Move the ball. Complete 3rd downs to 1st downs.

So those wins that would be losses this year are once again back to wins because we will be able to move the ball, convert and score! I dont remember our schedule off hand but I think I had us at 12-4 worst case

BroncoWave
08-02-2016, 02:34 PM

:lol: Yeah I guess it really isn't all that bold, but there are just so many unknowns it's hard to pin down at this point. If forced to guess right now, I'd say we win 9 or 10 games and are fighting for a playoff spot.

I think the D is still really good, but won't be as historically great as last year, and our offense could be just as mediocre, turning a few of those close wins into close losses.

If I'm being honest we had a lot of things break our way last season, and it's hard to have all of that happen two years in a row.

BroncoWave
08-02-2016, 02:36 PM
Now, the part that keeps getting overlooked. Our offense was god awful last year! 3/16 on Third Downs. Putting the defense in the position that it has to make those plays to win the game for us. That wont happen again this year, true. Why? Not because the D wont be able to do it, but because the offense will actually be able to score. Move the ball. Complete 3rd downs to 1st downs.

So those wins that would be losses this year are once again back to wins because we will be able to move the ball, convert and score! I dont remember our schedule off hand but I think I had us at 12-4 worst case

12-4 worst case? We could be the most stacked team in nfl history and still finish worse than 12-4 if we got ravaged by injuries.

I don't really see it as a sure thing that our offense improves that much. QB is still a huge question mark and the o-line is as well.

Mike
08-02-2016, 02:44 PM

What gives you any indication of that? We have no reference point to absolutely state Dookie McButtfumble will be any more efficient or better than the QBs we had last year.

We can hope the changes on the o-line will benefit the run game, but that 1) assumes the o-line stays healthy and 2) can play effectively as a unit out the gate. If the o-line isn't improved then I expect much worse play at QB.

underrated29
08-02-2016, 02:54 PM
12-4 worst case? We could be the most stacked team in nfl history and still finish worse than 12-4 if we got ravaged by injuries.

I don't really see it as a sure thing that our offense improves that much. QB is still a huge question mark and the o-line is as well.

Well ya injuries would do that but we cannot predict injuries.

Qb is a HUGE HUGE HUGE question, but it cannot be worse than 7 tds and 17ints. It cannot be. It just literally cannot. So equal to improved there.
OL- First off Scho.....shhhh. dont say his name....is not starting for us! That is an improvement. Major!
-Like QB- the OL was so bad last year. We were on our 4th and 5th string Tackles. Plus, evan mathis had such a bad hammy that he did not practice ever. Our OL has no choice but to be better.
RB- much improved, especially after hillman is replaced by the better bibbs.
FB- Weve got one!

Scheme! We are now finally running kubes normal scheme. We did not last year. We ran a hybrid that sucked. This year weve got it! We will be much improved on offense. MUCH!

underrated29
08-02-2016, 02:56 PM
What gives you any indication of that? We have no reference point to absolutely state Dookie McButtfumble will be any more efficient or better than the QBs we had last year.

We can hope the changes on the o-line will benefit the run game, but that 1) assumes the o-line stays healthy and 2) can play effectively as a unit out the gate. If the o-line isn't improved then I expect much worse play at QB.

Ill take Sanchez over either QB (in terms of just play) from last year, all day every day. Now thats not to discount the things peyton does when not actually throwing, but he retired so those intangibles are gone anyway.

Slick
08-02-2016, 03:14 PM

Lol! I take it you're not a fan of the Sanchize, Mike?

Me either. However, I'm going to wait and see how it goes before I start bitching about him like I did about Manning's last 17 games or so. I'm more optimistic about Simien and Lynch than I am Sanchez and I haven't seen either one of them play meaningful football.

Mike
08-02-2016, 03:22 PM
Lol! I take it you're not a fan of the Sanchize, Mike?

Me either. However, I'm going to wait and see how it goes before I start bitching about him like I did about Manning's last 17 games or so. I'm more optimistic about Simien and Lynch than I am Sanchez and I haven't seen either one of them play meaningful football.

I won't root against the guy and hope he plays well. But, no, I don't like him as a player at all. I have the same feeling about him as I did with Orton and I expect the same level of play.

I would rather see Siemian play.

VonDoom
08-02-2016, 03:35 PM
:lol: Yeah I guess it really isn't all that bold, but there are just so many unknowns it's hard to pin down at this point. If forced to guess right now, I'd say we win 9 or 10 games and are fighting for a playoff spot.

I think the D is still really good, but won't be as historically great as last year, and our offense could be just as mediocre, turning a few of those close wins into close losses.

If I'm being honest we had a lot of things break our way last season, and it's hard to have all of that happen two years in a row.

Barnwell always writes an article each year about factors that can help predict how a team does next year. Certainly our Pythagorean W/L and record in close games suggest that we won't be as good this year. We went 9-3 in close games last year, and that's incredibly hard to duplicate or rely on.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/BarnwellNFLPreview160726/predicting-which-nfl-teams-rise-decline-2016-dallas-cowboys-san-diego-chargers

Davii
08-02-2016, 03:47 PM
I don't know how things play out in the playoffs, nor do I care to guess what our record will be.... However... We will win our division again. Mark it down.

TXBRONC
08-02-2016, 04:21 PM
I won't root against the guy and hope he plays well. But, no, I don't like him as a player at all. I have the same feeling about him as I did with Orton and I expect the same level of play.

I wouldn't completely rule out Seimian. I don't think Kubiak is blowing smoke in his praise of him. Honestly, I wouldn't rule out Lynch either.

BroncoWave
08-02-2016, 05:16 PM
Well ya injuries would do that but we cannot predict injuries.

Qb is a HUGE HUGE HUGE question, but it cannot be worse than 7 tds and 17ints. It cannot be. It just literally cannot. So equal to improved there.
OL- First off Scho.....shhhh. dont say his name....is not starting for us! That is an improvement. Major!
-Like QB- the OL was so bad last year. We were on our 4th and 5th string Tackles. Plus, evan mathis had such a bad hammy that he did not practice ever. Our OL has no choice but to be better.
RB- much improved, especially after hillman is replaced by the better bibbs.
FB- Weve got one!

Scheme! We are now finally running kubes normal scheme. We did not last year. We ran a hybrid that sucked. This year weve got it! We will be much improved on offense. MUCH!

All of this is also assuming the defense maintains the same level from last season, which historically has proven very difficult with some of the elite defenses of all time. It helps bringing 9 starters back, but we don't yet know what the impact of losing Trevathan and Jackson will be.

TXBRONC
08-02-2016, 06:36 PM
Unless the defense is devastated by injury they more than likely be in the top five.

BroncoBuckeye73
08-02-2016, 07:32 PM
I am kinda with Underrated here. I do not think the offense will be as bad as it was last year. The D can be top 5 but i think the O can at least be 15th so that should get us back to the playoffs. I really can not see the D being outside the top 5 for the next few years actually. My big difference here is that Paxton takes over sometime between week 10 and 12 and really thriving.

NightTerror218
08-02-2016, 09:26 PM

Sanchez is so much more mobile than orton. The feinting goat. This is a big difference for kubiaks system.

TXBRONC
08-02-2016, 09:40 PM
I am kinda with Underrated here. I do not think the offense will be as bad as it was last year. The D can be top 5 but i think the O can at least be 15th so that should get us back to the playoffs. I really can not see the D being outside the top 5 for the next few years actually. My big difference here is that Paxton takes over sometime between week 10 and 12 and really thriving.

I don't think Kubiak can just arbitrarily replace the starter if the team is winning and quarterback is playing well especially that late in the season. If Lynch becomes the starter that late in the season it probably, means something went wrong and Denver is out playoff contention.

NightTerror218
08-02-2016, 10:35 PM
http://m.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Five-unheralded-standouts-from-the-first-five-days-of-Broncos-training-camp/04cc67f9-486a-4dd4-9efe-22aea7a48bd1

Webster
MCGovern
Kyle Peko
Shane Ray
Andy Janovich

I like the names on this list.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-02-2016, 10:58 PM
The Broncos on Tuesday announced they signed rookie defensive lineman Lars Koht and waived undrafted free-agent defensive end Shaneil Jenkins.

Koht (6-foot-5, 283 pounds) recorded 47 tackles (eight for a loss) and four sacks, and forced a fumble last season at Florida International. He joined the Seattle Seahawks for rookie minicamp earlier this offseason.

He joins a Broncos defensive line that already has been rattled with injuries. Kenny Anunike, who was placed on injured reserve last season after knee surgery, still is recovering and has yet to join on-field drill work with the team in training camp. Nose tackle Phil Taylor (knee) was placed on injured reserve over the weekend. And defensive end Vance Walker strained his back during Sunday’s practice, according to coach Gary Kubiak, who added the Broncos “are keeping our fingers crossed here and hoping to get him back on the field as soon as possible.”

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/02/broncos-sign-dl-lars-koht-waive-lb-shaneil-jenkins/

Simple Jaded
08-02-2016, 11:51 PM

Orton was a bed wetter, Sanchez's problem is he's not scared enough.

Joel
08-03-2016, 05:02 AM
No, you can not hide a quarterback. Beating teams that are not capable of exploiting a weak quarterback doesn't mean anything has been hidden.
You don't take three bums to four Pro Bowls beating only teams so weak EVERYONE beats them. With Plummer he beat the Cheatriots in the playoffs at their peak; with Schaub he beat Mannings Colts by 10 pts in their first game after a SB. Either TJ Yates and Case Keenum are the best 5th round and UDFA QBs in a generation, or Kubiak knows how to TEMPORARILY make even the worst QBs look far better than they actually are.

The problem is smoke and mirrors only work until the smoke clears and opponents can see there's NOTHING there except a big juicy helpless target. It's no different than any other one-year QB who wows fans and the media until other teams have enough game tape they learn how to defend him, at which point he promptly comes crashing back to earth. Same principle, just taken to its logical extreme.

Joel
08-03-2016, 05:09 AM
No way; not unless our line's providing FAR better pass protection and run support than I expect them to be capable of even at seasons end. Countless talented young QBs have been permanently RUINED by being thrown to wolves who knew the team had NOTHING but an inexperienced QB, and acted accordingly. We want young QBs to learn how to NOT panic, not practice panic until it becomes a reflexive habit.

Nothing against Sanchez, but let HIM take those lumps, at least until our starting offensive line has more experience than our franchise QB.

TXBRONC
08-03-2016, 08:53 AM
That is false choice. Just because one is unable to exploit the weakness in a bad quarterback doesn't mean you hidden anything. The problem here is that you think you know it all and you don't know how to let anything go.

underrated29
08-03-2016, 10:26 AM
Well I am excited for TC today. Whos with me!

Rumors are they will come out hard today. Good battles.

slim
08-03-2016, 10:28 AM
Well I am excited for TC today. Whos with me!

Rumors are they will come out hard today. Good battles.

Will you be attending?

underrated29
08-03-2016, 11:10 AM
Will you be attending?

No :tsk:
Im getting a new phone system installed at my office today. I must be in attendance to ensure everything is correct.

MOtorboat
08-03-2016, 11:23 AM
No :tsk:
Im getting a new phone system installed at my office today. I must be in attendance to ensure everything is correct.

Oh boy. That tech is in for some fun if your phone skills are anything like your interwebs skills.

slim
08-03-2016, 12:15 PM
Oh boy. That tech is in for some fun if your phone skills are anything like your interwebs skills.

The tech will probably kill himself before the system is half installed.

NightTerror218
08-03-2016, 12:28 PM
Jeff legwood
Michael Schofield working some at guard today for #Broncos.

Mike Klis
CJ Anderson shaken up #9sports

Mike Klis
Don't count out Britton Colquitt in punter competition #9sports

NightTerror218
08-03-2016, 12:29 PM
Andrew Mason ✔ @MaseDenver
Rough day for Paxton Lynch. Missing some open receivers. Got three reps in 7-on-7 with first unit, was 0-for-3, including one drop.
10:08 AM - 3 Aug 2016
7 7 Retweets 9 9 likes

slim
08-03-2016, 12:29 PM
Why would anyone count out Britton Colquitt in the punter competition?

That is an odd thing to say.

Mike
08-03-2016, 12:41 PM
Why would anyone count out Britton Colquitt in the punter competition?

That is an odd thing to say.

He makes a lot of money with little production (though he was good in postseason) so it is fair to think he may be a camp casualty.

underrated29
08-03-2016, 01:01 PM

That is why she is the tech and i am not. She gets to install it while i stand to the side and say things like "put yer back into it" and stuff

VonDoom
08-03-2016, 01:15 PM
This one's for you, UR:

MileHighReport ‏@MileHighReport 7m7 minutes ago

For your notes: when Ronnie Hillman was pulled by Kubiak, Kapri Bibbs replaced him.

VonDoom
08-03-2016, 01:15 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 16m16 minutes ago

#Broncos happy with Vance Walker. Had back issue but practiced entire time. Showed leadership #Denver7

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 6m6 minutes ago

Kubiak wasn't happy today with the team's performance at practice. Didn't like play from QBs either. #BroncosCamp

BroncoWave
08-03-2016, 01:22 PM
And the award for least shocking news from camp goes to...

Mike Klis
CJ Anderson shaken up #9sports

underrated29
08-03-2016, 01:31 PM
This one's for you, UR:

MileHighReport ‏@MileHighReport 7m7 minutes ago

For your notes: when Ronnie Hillman was pulled by Kubiak, Kapri Bibbs replaced him.

Great!
My pants just got pointier and Mo, BTB, TX and companies got tighter!

VonDoom
08-03-2016, 01:41 PM
And the award for least shocking news from camp goes to...

He came back soon after. Let's not get crazy (yet ...)

BroncoWave
08-03-2016, 01:43 PM
He came back soon after. Let's not get crazy (yet ...)

Well he usually does. He's not a guy to miss games at a time, but his issue has always been that he has trouble stringing drives together without limping off the field with something. It's why even though he is (supposedly) far more talented than Hillman, their numbers usually come out pretty much the same.

MOtorboat
08-03-2016, 05:34 PM
Great!

Look, I hope the local boy does good, but he's been nothing but a camp warrior so far.

underrated29
08-03-2016, 05:51 PM
Look, I hope the local boy does good, but he's been nothing but a camp warrior so far.

So was Brandon Marshall. Have to start somewhere.

TXBRONC
08-03-2016, 05:59 PM
Great!

Nah. If he does well fine, I all for it.

That said, Orton always looked great in camp.

underrated29
08-03-2016, 08:14 PM
Nah. If he does well fine, I all for it.

That said, Orton always looked great in camp.

Not to me he didnt

GEM
08-03-2016, 08:14 PM
Sounds like it was a crap day of practice today.

BroncoWave
08-03-2016, 08:19 PM
Not to me he didnt

So that probably means he was amazing in camp. :D

Ziggy
08-03-2016, 08:45 PM
Sounds like it was a crap day of practice today.

It was. Worst day of training camp I've been to. Sorry guys, I got busy with life and didn't have time to do a TC report. Here's some quick hits from my observations today:

Siemian was the best QB again today. Sanchez is just God-awfully slow at going through his progressions and finding open receivers. Far slower than the two young guys. He also has the weakest arm, although it's not an Orton type arm. It's average for an NFL QB. Paxton Lynch was horrible today until the move the ball drill. He looked great there, but the rest of the day he looked like he truly didn't belong. Rough day for the rook.

Sunshine had another good day.

Bibbs got time with the 1's and 2's. He looks good, but the defense is absolutely dominating the LOS.

The punters went at it for quite a while today. I gave Dixon the edge.

Shane Ray is looking like a beast out there. He's bigger and faster. Watch out for him this season.

BroncoWave
08-03-2016, 08:47 PM
We can probably (at least partially) chalk up the bad QB play in camp to how awesome our defense. They made guys like Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Cam Newton look like shit last season too. Whoever winds up being our starter probably won't face a defense as good as ours is.

Davii
08-03-2016, 08:51 PM
We can probably (at least partially) chalk up the bad QB play in camp to how awesome our defense. They made guys like Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Cam Newton look like shit last season too. Whoever winds up being our starter probably won't face a defense as good as ours is.

I kept hoping that was the problem we saw with our OL last camp. It wasn't.

BroncoWave
08-03-2016, 08:54 PM

Fair enough. I really don't have the highest of expectations for whomever our QB is this year, but hopefully when playing against lesser defenses they can at least be passable.

TXBRONC
08-03-2016, 09:00 PM
Not to me he didnt

It's not about opinions it's about facts bro.

TXBRONC
08-03-2016, 09:08 PM
I watched the post practice comment with Boyer, Milani, and Masonn. Things started off sluggish especially for the quarterbacks but all finished strong at the last part of practice fwiw.

DenBronx
08-03-2016, 09:44 PM
I believe this team would have been better with Fitzpatrick. Never been a fan of Sanchez as a player, although he does seem like a pretty stand up dude. Just think with Fitz we would maybe repeat.

My only hope is that Trevor or PFL shows us something.

TXBRONC
08-03-2016, 10:57 PM
I believe this team would have been better with Fitzpatrick. Never been a fan of Sanchez as a player, although he does seem like a pretty stand up dude. Just think with Fitz we would maybe repeat.

My only hope is that Trevor or PFL shows us something.

I am not confident at all that he would lead Denver to a repeat because he's never been to the playoffs as starting quarterback. Sanchez has actually been to the playoff and has actually quarterbacked a team to playoff wins. He had great chance last season to make the playoffs and he choked. Why would Denver want to pay Fitzpatrick more double than what they are paying Sanchez? Sanchez is nothing special to be sure but neither Fitzpatrick.

Ziggy
08-03-2016, 11:47 PM

I think the Oline will be strong this season. It's going to take some time for them to gel though. You only have one returning starter in his original position. Okung was a huge addition.

Joel
08-04-2016, 01:45 AM
That is false choice. Just because one is unable to exploit the weakness in a bad quarterback doesn't mean you hidden anything. The problem here is that you think you know it all and you don't know how to let anything go.
No, the problem is that many great teams who exploited many weak QBs (and some not so weak) failed to exploit Griese, Plummer and Schaub—for the first few seasons. After that, they'd seen what those guys did well and poorly, and which of the many approaches defenses tried against them were most effective. The sophomore slump's not just some weird but common coincidence: It's the difference between lots of scouting and NONE.

Good coaches know how to maximize their rosters strengths and minimize its weaknesses, even (especially) when strengths far outnumber weaknesses. Our excellent QB coach turned head coach is typical in that respect. But even the best coaching can only compensate for so much lack of talent for so long before defenses realize they're watching a rerun and start taking away the few things a bum does well so he's forced to do the many things he does badly.

It comes down to how much we can blame Kubiak for the failed careers of Griese, Plummer and Schaub: Did EACH one reach the pinnacle of their respective careers with a coach who was "holding them back?" That's dubious; Steve Young and John Elway managed to win 3 SBs despite the "disadvantage" of Kubiaks coaching.

Joel
08-04-2016, 01:49 AM
Or, y'know, maybe Bill Belichicks 2005 Cheatriots D just wasn't CAPABLE of exploiting a weak QB. Nor were the '05 Chargers, '05 Ravens, '05 Cowboys (under Parcells) or '05 Jags (who had the leagues 6th best D.) Apparently only the '05 Giants, Dolphins and SB Champs were able to beat up on a weak QB, because we finished 13-3 and earned the #2 seed (KC beat us by 4 @Arrowhead, but that's always a tough game; we beat them by 20 at Mile High.)

Just look at all the weak defenses Kubiaks weak QB beat DESPITE his ineptitude in '05 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/2005.htm).

VonDoom
08-04-2016, 11:07 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 24m24 minutes ago Dove Valley, CO

WR Marlon Brown waived/injured (back); OT Sam Carlson from Colorado State signed #9sports

TXBRONC
08-04-2016, 11:17 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 24m24 minutes ago Dove Valley, CO

WR Marlon Brown waived/injured (back); OT Sam Carlson from Colorado State signed #9sports

I just saw that on the team's offical website.

VonDoom
08-04-2016, 12:35 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 53m53 minutes ago

#Broncos CB Lorenzo Doss continues to make plays. Downed punt with good hustle and eyes on ball #Denver7

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 26m26 minutes ago

Darius Kilgo is looking especially quick today. Showing some lightness on his feet you wouldn't expect for a big guy.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 25m25 minutes ago

When you see Lynch execute the play-fake boot, you can see why @Broncos' brass coveted him. Smoothest I've seen at that since [Plummer]

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 23m23 minutes ago

Timing appears to be off between Sanchez and Jordan Taylor. Three bad misses. Not on the same page.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 53m53 minutes ago

Working on placement punting today. Scrimmage line at or near midfield. Each punter avoided touchbacks on 3 of 4 tries.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 39m39 minutes ago

Virgil Green is having a great day. Huge red zone threat w/ TD catches from Siemian, Sanchez and Lynch. Can still win that starting TE spot.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 11m11 minutes ago

Move-the-ball with fill team today was with possession at midfield, 1:00 left, offense down 23-21 w/ 2 T/Os. Got FGs on all 3 drives.

MileHighReport ‏@MileHighReport 11s11 seconds ago

The offense certainly answered the call today, Lynch had a much better day, Sanchez was good, Siemian had it rough for a bit.

NightTerror218
08-04-2016, 01:03 PM
Sounds like all QBs up and down through training camp. I assume its just new system and toming issues with WR. I expect it to get better after preseason. But i hear a lot of good about lynch and the touch on passes and deep ball. I am hoping he cones along slowly. Glad he is with the 3s. I hope with 2s by end of preseason.

Ziggy
08-04-2016, 01:23 PM
Sounds like all QBs up and down through training camp. I assume its just new system and toming issues with WR. I expect it to get better after preseason. But i hear a lot of good about lynch and the touch on passes and deep ball. I am hoping he cones along slowly. Glad he is with the 3s. I hope with 2s by end of preseason.

Being with the threes gives him extra reps. While Sanchez and Siemian are splitting reps with the ones and twos on one field, they usually have Lynch on the other field getting every rep with the threes. Another genius move by Kubes and the staff.

MOtorboat
08-04-2016, 01:25 PM
Marathon, not a sprint...

VonDoom
08-04-2016, 01:27 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 45m45 minutes ago

#Broncos Max Garcia was limited leading to several guards getting opps #Denver7

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 44m44 minutes ago

#Broncos Chris Harris had a tight hamstring Didn't participate

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 42m42 minutes ago

#Broncos Green "was red hot" player at camp with multiple TDs in the red zone. Von and Okung 80 mins at practice. Progressing as planned

Magnificent Seven
08-04-2016, 02:33 PM
Broncos sign OL Sam Carlson, waive Marlon Brown.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Broncos have a new addition to their offensive line group after signing former Colorado State lineman Sam Carlson on Thursday. The team also designated wide receiver Marlon Brown as waived/injured.

Carlson, a rookie, was previously signed by the Tennessee Titans as an undrafted free agent on May 9, 2016 before being waived on July 29. He started for CSU in 2014 and 2015, helping power an offense that averaged 417 yards per game in his senior season and 481 yards per game in his junior year. Carlson is a Wellington, Colorado, native.

Brown, in his fourth NFL season, spent his previous three years with the Ravens, where Head Coach Gary Kubiak served as Baltimore's offensive coordinator in 2014.

On Wednesday, Kubiak mentioned Brown had a back injury. "We're having his back evaluated. Obviously that was the problem last year," he said. "What we're trying to do is find out why his back continues to flare up on him. Hopefully we'll have some answers here in a couple of days."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-sign-OL-Sam-Carlson-waive-Marlon-Brown/4a237a13-7e42-4904-991f-095c081d81a9

Denver Native (Carol)
08-04-2016, 03:31 PM
On the Broncos' website, they just started covering the practice.

Simple Jaded
08-04-2016, 10:10 PM
Sam Carlson, lmfao, so much for the ZBS/great athlete myth.

VonDoom
08-05-2016, 11:06 AM

#Broncos sign guard Mathu Gibson and waive/injured Sam Brenner If you haven't noticed the right guard spot is wide open #Denver7

TXBRONC
08-05-2016, 11:28 AM

#Broncos sign guard Mathu Gibson and waive/injured Sam Brenner If you haven't noticed the right guard spot is wide open #Denver7

IMHO they should just go with McGovern.

VonDoom
08-05-2016, 12:37 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak praised WR Fowler. Has mindset of a starter #Denver7

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 53s53 seconds ago

Kubiak said he's not worried about depth in the long haul. He's been impressed with Darrion Weems at guard. #BroncosCamp

Kubiak expects Adam Gotsis to play in Chicago next week. Great sign for him as he keeps seeing more reps every day.

NightTerror218
08-05-2016, 10:41 PM
Lynch received 1st offense reps and reps against 1st defense a couple times this week.

http://m.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Training-Camp-Takeaways-Day-9/0eaf7c44-8ffc-4090-a741-75de7cc4cd57

VonDoom
08-08-2016, 09:25 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 23m23 minutes ago

Broncos depth chart today. At QB, it would be most accurate to have Sanchez/Siemian at No 1. Or Siemian/Sanchez. We'll see #9sports

James Palmer ‏@JamesPalmerTV 10m10 minutes ago

Broncos CB Aqib Talib, who suffered a gunshot wound to the leg during the offseason, will practice today for the first time.

VonDoom
08-08-2016, 09:50 AM
I really wanted Anunike to work out, but it looks like his time as a Bronco is over:

Broncos announced they waived DE Kenny Anunike and re-signed S Ryan Murphy.

GEM
08-08-2016, 10:06 AM
I really wanted Anunike to work out, but it looks like his time as a Bronco is over:

Broncos announced they waived DE Kenny Anunike and re-signed S Ryan Murphy.

I wanted to see as well, but there's only so much time you can spend injured before a team has to move on. Wow, that was a surprising one.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-08-2016, 10:11 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Kenny Anunike's quest to make it back to the field for the Broncos ended Monday when he was waived.

To fill Anunike's spot on the 90-man roster, the Broncos brought back safety Ryan Murphy, an Oregon State product who spent the 2015 season on the practice squad.

The move brings a frustrating end to a star-crossed 27 months for Anunike in which he played three regular-season games, but saw both of his two previous seasons end on injured reserve because of an elbow injury in 2014 and a knee injury a year later.

He had brief chances to flash his promise, most prominently the preseason opener at Seattle last year, where he racked up eight tackles, a sack and a forced fumble.

But injuries sidetracked Anunike to a rare and unfortunate degree. His pass-rushing abilities and variety of moves earned him an NFL opportunity despite the fact that he endured two knee injuries that cost him two seasons at Duke. The extent of his injuries was so great that the NCAA granted him a rare sixth season of eligibility.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-waive-Kenny-Anunike-re-sign-Ryan-Murphy/4e1b7479-90a1-497e-9a0d-f5377a54f3ee

Simple Jaded
08-08-2016, 12:23 PM
Ryan MUURPHYYY! **** yo couch *****!

Anunike was never an ideal fit for a 3-4.